[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/vr/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: SMW_Artwork_Super_Mario.png (257 KB, 351x479) Image search: [Google]
SMW_Artwork_Super_Mario.png
257 KB, 351x479
Can we get some REAL moderation on /vr/?

It's like we have ONE janitor who doesn't do his job at all

>AVGN gossip thread
>the most blatant and poor bait threads imaginable, as if straight from /v/
>off topic /pol/ posting
>guy posting the same "feminist vidya character" thread for the hundreth time this month (same thumbnail even)
>console war thread
>perfectly good threads being wiped entirely because of derail, instead of deleting the derailing discussion
>legit threads asking legit /vr/ related questions deleted for seemingly no reason

Blatant shitposting threads can stay up for several days, sometimes beyond TWO WEEKS at it's worst, this isn't a fast board, sifting through the report cue a couple times a day, making judgements and taking action is NOT a lot to ask for.
The worst part is that it's actually very fast in some threads, so the impression this gives is some workshy fag defending his pet threads adamantly but otherwise ignoring his job, it would be swell if the guy gave even a fraction of that attention to the rest of the board.

I think I speak for many on /vr/ when I say; for the love of GOD do something. A board this slow shouldn't feel as lawless as /v/
>>
>>366204
Allow 6th gen, and most of the shitposting will stop. I can almost guarantee it.
>>
>>366679
No.
>>
>>366679
It would only increase.

Regarding 6th gen stuff a new board for more recent but not current games would be great. /vr2/ or something. Then again some people seem kind of annoyed about how many new boards we're getting, so eh.

More than anything else though, the best thing for /vr/ would be to enforce global rule 6. Make extremely low quality posting a bannable offense and it'll piss quite a few people off, but the board overall will be much happier as long as mods don't apply it to opinions, just to the method of expressing those opinions (i.e. "I always thought Sonic 3 was overrated" vs "people actually like this shit? lol."

On most boards this would just create a fucking disaster and wouldn't be feasible because shitposting is so ingrained. /vr/ was always a lot more conversational though, and didn't have the same kind of 'board culture' that the rest of 4chan has until the past year or so. It was always there to a certain extent, but nowhere near the extent of the other boards. It's been getting worse, too.
>>
>>367209
No, fuck that, fuck OP.

Make me a mod of /vr/, I'm better at Mario than he is.
>>
>>366679
Complete non sequitur.
Also, it's way too early for 6th gen still.
Maybe the GBA, at this point.

>>367208
I think it could be managable if we banned Halo and a few other things. I'm not quite sold on it though.
Also, making another board feels like it'd divide up the userbase when it wouldn't have to.

>More than anything else though, the best thing for /vr/ would be to enforce global rule 6. Make extremely low quality posting a bannable offense and it'll piss quite a few people off
Chronic shitposters aren't people anyway.

>>367210
>the mod is bollocks, make him do his job
>fuck that
Yeah ok.
>>
>>367208
I would be OK with a /vr2/, a nice middle ground where I can discuss GBA and PS2 stuff without dealing with /v/'s cancerous bullshit or /vr/'s "NOT RETRO REEEEEEE" whining.
>>
It's /vr/ is as bad as /v/ then it's time for it to be deleted. The whole point of it's creation was making a board that wasn't as cancerous as /v/.
>>
>>>/vr/2835656/
How do mods justify this?
>>
>>369769
>>>/vr/2835656
sorry
>>
/vr/ should just be deleted.
>>
>>369769
>>369772
James only ever talks about retro video games as his AVGN character. Seems acceptable to me?
>>
>>369809
Why are you talking as though I'm supposed to know who these people are?
>>
>>369833
...Why are you pretending to be the person I replied to?
>>
>>369836
I... am... that person....
Learn basic 4chan etiquette before posting you subhuman e-celeb apologist.
>>
>>369843
Isn't that an ironic post considering you did not even attempt to read the post you replied to...?
>>
>>369833
JAMES IS THE NAME OF THE ANGRY VIDEO GAME NERD, YOU FUCKING RETARDED IDIOT. THE THREAD IS ABOUT THE ANGRY VIDEO GAME NERD. THE POST SAYS JAMES AND THEN GOES ON TO IDENTIFY HIM AS THE ANGRY VIDEO GAME NERD. LEARN TO FUCKING READ BEFORE YOU SPEW OUT YOUR IDIOTIC BULLSHIT.
>>
>>369861
lmao this reminds me of the time le angry nerd started shouting about something XD
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.