[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his endgame?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
What was his endgame?
>>
>he thinks moot had any kind of plan or endgame
His endgame was for a site for cool people (per his 14-year-old self's definition of that) to talk about anime and whatever other amusing things Japanese or otherwise. The naming of the original boards was for their Japanese counterparts, for example /k/ is short for "keisatsu", the nip word for weapon.

His endgame was for a nerdy quirky Japanese flavored place. That's all. Meme hubs, politics, real-life movements etc were never remotely in the picture when he started the place; it that is functionally all just hijacking the site due to its general lack of moderation and flimsiness of its ban system. Everything else that came after was pure accident, whether you consider that a happy accident or not varies on what boards you like / still like.
>>
>>590935
To take it easy.
Can't have that with /pol/turds swarming on so many boards.
>>
Does any one else think he still posts? Also how did he trick Google into giving him a job he never coded shit and dropped out of college.
>>
>>590935
if it's anything like my website, he just started it to hang out with friends and fellow like minded people and then it got popular and just kept chugging along with him as webmaster

Not that I'm anywhere near the same scale as 4chan in terms of popularity. It's just that there's no reason to assume he had an endgame. I know I never have had one.
>>
>>590957
what's your website
>>
>>590964
a gaming forum that has somehow stayed alive and active for almost 10 years

I'm not going to link it
>>
>>590970
I wasn't looking for link.

That's cool though. I've been part of an imageboard (was, until 2009) community since 2006. Now we're just a wiki.

Moderation is trouble. Like you mentioned you don't necessarily plan on the future if it's community oriented and not a business.
>>
>>590976
Yeah over time I've become really relaxed on moderation. Maybe it's because both I and the userbase grew up, but it seems like people behave better if the mods/admins aren't swinging their dicks around.

Like editing a user's post might be funny to you but it just looks dumb to most people.

Most of what the team does now is technical/maintenance, we rarely police users anymore. Since it's a normal forum it's easy enough for the users to run off the shitposters. Short bans usually just piss people off and don't accomplish anything either. I'll usually just do more targeted punishments like taking away their ability to post in a particular forum or their ability to rate posts. Once a person gets a temp ban they usually just spiral out of control and I have to keep giving longer (or permanent bans). Taking away certain permissions still keeps them involved with the site and gives them a way to earn back their full permissions.

A lot of this can't be translated to 4chan though.
>>
>>590957
I had a similar thing back in the day. I used to run AudioDragon.
>>
>>590935
Make 4chan profitable. Couldn't do it so he sold it in whole.
>>
>>590935
Annihilate freedom of speech

and memes
>>
Trigger /pol/fags
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.