[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's up with all the "millennial" hatred? Do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: WP_20160430_21_58_00_Pro_2.webm (3 MB, 1668x1080) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160430_21_58_00_Pro_2.webm
3 MB, 1668x1080
What's up with all the "millennial" hatred? Do people who bitch about millennial not know what the term means? I highly doubt they're all 30+.

Comes off as a weird blend of self hatred and envy.
>>
>>586450
>Do people who bitch about millennial not know what the term means?
There are multiple agreed upon denotations of what this demographic refers to. You are consciously or unconsciously opting to choose the bracket which suits your argument as opposed to popular usage.
>I highly doubt they're all 30+.
People born in 2000 also fall under this demographic description.

>Comes off as a weird blend of self hatred and envy.
If you think people referring to millennial on 4chan are referring to those born in the 1980~1990 era, I think this may be more of an issue of you not understanding how humans communicate and what connotations are.
>>
>>586454
>I think this may be more of an issue of you not understanding how humans communicate and what connotations are.
I understand that 4chan shits on language when it will earn them a shiny new pejorative term (how many people who get called cucks have ever had their wife actually cheat on them?) but it doesn't mean it's not retarded. Anything can be an insult if you want it to be.
>>
4chan is a place with absurd amount of people talking to each other with almost no archivation, so language evolves like crazy bacteria in petri dish.

I think I saw cuck evolve from being about having cuckolding fetish to being tolerant of negroes.

This happen in regular spoken world too, but slower.
>>
>>586450
>pokemon go
>>
>>586450
Stupid millennial
>>
>>586454
>If you think people referring to millennial on 4chan are referring to those born in the 1980~1990 era

that's like the literal definition of millential
>>
>>586450
I like how Gen Y calls themselves
"Millennials" now when 10 years ago the word "Millenials" was used to describe kids that were born after the year 2000.
>>
>>586450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD0x7ho_IYc

Juvenoia happens no matter what, just ignore it
>>
>>586454
The vast, vast majority of definitions for millennial agree that they can be well into their thirties. Using it as a pejorative for young people when you don't know what it means isn't evolving language, it's being too lazy to look up a definition in a world where you can look up definitions in seconds
>>
>>586924
I like how starting with like gen x, every gen called the gen below them gen x until they finally came up with gen y.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.