[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2006 >4chan points and laughs at retards getting triggered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: unnamed.png (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
12 KB, 300x300
>2006
>4chan points and laughs at retards getting triggered at random online comments
>2016
>4chan purposely shifts through Twitter, Facebook, reddit, forums, and website comment sections to find things to get triggered by

I don't understand why this happened. Some random retard made a retarded comment, so what? There's no reason to make a thread about it.
>>
I don't mind if it's from an actual important public figure like a serving politician, CEO, vidya dev, etc. But if Becky in Boise, Idaho in middle school made an inaccurate comment because she doesn't understand the current geo-political situation in Turkmenistan, just have a giggle but keep that shit off of 4chan.
>>
File: 1436813289721.jpg (48 KB, 591x605) Image search: [Google]
1436813289721.jpg
48 KB, 591x605
>>570866
>I don't understand why this happened.
In 2006, the population was a fraction of what it is now and on top of that the there is really only a tiny fraction of the population here who would have been here in 2006; that is: the vast majority of the population on 4chan in 2016 are those normalfags we laughed at from a distance during the 03~06 era.

These anons make threads about it because these are their people and it directly interests them. There is no concept of distance any more. Normalfags are the new anons.
>>
Posting screencaps of comments isn't against the rules so I'll keep doing it. Deal with it faggot.
>>
>>570871
Netiquette used to mean something.
>>
>>570871
Surprised you didn't say, "kys".
>>
>>570871
>I'll keep doing it
You truly are the cancer on this site.
>>
It was inevitable, Facebook pulled way more teens into the internet thing, and now that everything is connected, people started browsing more than one site regularly.
>>
>>570873

Times change, grandpa.

>>570876

If you don't like it, petition for a rule change or fuck off to another site.

Just remember that my Twitter threads often get hundreds of replies so people want to discuss it and like these threads.
>>
>>570888
Why are you trying to act tough on an unlisted meta discussion board?
How insecure are you?
>>
>>570889

>petition for change through the proper channels or leave for a site that better suits you
>acting tough

U wot?
>>
>>570893
Stop being a passive aggressive manchild and answer the question: how insecure are you?
>>
File: get out.png (2 KB, 129x65) Image search: [Google]
get out.png
2 KB, 129x65
>>570888
Most of the time you don't even need to include the twitter image to start the thread, and in these threads half of the posts aren't even relevant to the tweet.

Also
>U wot?
>>
twitter posts should be bannable
>>
>>570899

>game dev announces the release date of his game via a tweet
>not allowed to talk about it because it's a tweet

Stop being retarded
>>
>>570903
Go talk about it on twitter.
>>
>>570903
>Literally doesn't know what greentexting is for
underage newfag
>>
File: 1362203666632.jpg (15 KB, 291x239) Image search: [Google]
1362203666632.jpg
15 KB, 291x239
>>570903
yeah, we wouldn't want to hinder any high quality conversation on /v/
>>
>>570903
That's not what they meant, retard. You can talk about the announcement all you want, all we're saying is to stop making threads where the OP image is a screenshot of a twitter post.
>>
>>570918

>dude half life 3 announced by gaben on Twitter but since he tweeted it I can't post proof so just trust me guys

Like I said, stop being retarded
>>
File: Capture.png (20 KB, 441x139) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
20 KB, 441x139
>>570914
>

>>570921
It would be all over the Internet, you fucking mong.
>>
>>570921
If Half Life 3 were announced, /v/ would have a sticky about it.
>>
>>570866
>oh noes things changed in ten years
>>
>>570927
Spend another year lurking before posting again.
>>
>>570923

>posting the tweet is bad but posting an article of the tweet is okay

This is the third time I said it: stop being retarded. I'm starting to become concerned for your well-being, anon.
>>
>>570935
Social media cancer is not the same as a fucking published article.
Now fuck off.
Your kind is not welcome on 4chan.
>>
>>570936

>internet articles

Forgot about gamergate haven't you?
>>
>>570923
There are times where people post announcements from twitter on /v/ before news websites are able to.
>>
People did the same thing back then, except instead of Twitter it was MySpace, small forums, YTMND, Ebaums, Gaia, and it would usually end up with people raiding them instead of just commenting on their posts. That's how the BitingBeaver raid happened. Now it's practically impossible to avoid Twitter since it's where most discourse and announcements take place too.
>>
>irrelivant feminists trigger them
>stupid things trigger them
>sensible things trigger them
>common sense doesn't matter when they don't like it
There are many people on 4chan that are far worse than the people they bitch about.
>>
>>570943
The difference between starting a thread where you tell people about the announcement and a thread where you post a tweet screenshot and a bunch of hashtags about the announcement should be obvious
>>
>>570946
>tweet screenshot

Since like I said, a lot of announcements come from Twitter, no it's just fine. If an official announcement is made by a company's official Twitter account, or someone like Obama on Twitter, people will post the tweet to show that it's real.

>bunch of hashtags about the announcement should be obvious
Barely anyone does that, unless it's done ironically.
>>
>>570866
>>4chan purposely shifts through Twitter, Facebook, reddit, forums, and website comment sections to find things to get triggered by

*/pol/, /v/ and /int/ do, not every board has the same shitty community.
>>
File: 1407754282344.png (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1407754282344.png
14 KB, 400x400
>>570950
If its done ironically but done all the time, is it still ironic?
>>
File: racist and sexist much.png (25 KB, 656x620) Image search: [Google]
racist and sexist much.png
25 KB, 656x620
>>570944
>>
>>570866
4chan has gotten bored and the only thing that keeps us excited is to post the same thing every day.
>>
>>570939
>caring about gamergate
they made a whole chan for that
>>
>>570866
>There's no reason to make a thread about it.
You get the rush of making a highly succesful thread (measured in number of replies) and nobody gives a shit about keeping the community respectable. Mention how retarded it is and you'll get reflexively attacked by a new generation of 4chan users who thinks 4chan culture is shitting on everything and everything.

It's dead, Jim.
>>
>>570870
>hurr durr normalfags
kill yourself weeb
>>
I think it's that there's a sizable portion of people that come to 4chan or imageboards in general to complain and yell at things without getting downvoted or put on ignore.
If they see something on facebook they don't like, or they are too worried about their real life reputation to confront it directly, they will post it on /v/ or /tv/.
There's also still kids that bought into the hackers on steroids thing and want a part of the anonymous legion- it's mostly /pol/ doing that these days.
>>
File: death of a hobby.jpg (827 KB, 2404x1260) Image search: [Google]
death of a hobby.jpg
827 KB, 2404x1260
>>570888
>just remember that my twitter threads often get hundreds of replies from invaders like me so we want to discuss it and like it so you should fuck off and find a new home
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.