[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OK /qa/, redpill me on this hypothetical /v/ split.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: vidya.png (2 KB, 147x178) Image search: [Google]
vidya.png
2 KB, 147x178
OK /qa/, redpill me on this hypothetical /v/ split.
>>
>>351615

/v/ needs no split. It's just weebs wanting more special snowflake privileges
>>
>>351615
/v/ is infested with Redditors who spam the board with e-celeb threads, spam repeated threads of a western game which already has 10 threads, get triggered by anime reaction images, and actively shitpost threads about JRPG's and any game with an anime art style, calling anyone who likes that pedophiles.

Weeaboos don't want to deal with Westakeks anymore and the Westakeks fucking depise the weebs. By splitting the boards, you'll clean up each board and keep these guys separated. Let am eastern /v/ be for JRPG's, Touhou's, VN's. Western /v/ for Call of Duty, e-celeb, PC gaming, and Fallout 4 spam.

We should make /jp/ into an Otaku Gamimg board and /v/ into Western Gaming

>>351625
Yes it does idiot
>>
make /VS/ - Video Games Social
>>
>>351639
I see. Well, I'm a /vr/ regular, but I've been wanting them to allow 6th gen discussion for a while. I don't really give much of a shit about modern games, but I would love to have a place where I could discuss everything pre-360. Splitting /v/ further into western and eastern games would probably help make it less shitty too.

>>351643
A dedicated board for e-Celebs and other meta /v/-related stuff, that's a great idea.
>>
>>351639
kill yourself
>>
>>351615
/v/
/pc/
/vn/
>>
Fresh off the boat from Reddit eh?

>>351658
It's drastic, but honestly it has be done
>>
>>351680
Amen to that.
>>
>>351680
First one was meant for >>351662
>>
>>351639

E-celebs have been allowed on /v/ for a decade and started with AVGN and spoony threads.

Like any other board, the hottest and most popular topic/game gets the most attention.
>>
>>351690
They've become cancerous overtime though. The real problem is the war between weeaboos and westakeks
>>
>>351684
>>351680
Said by the retard who unironically uses 'kek', misuses "weeaboo", advocates for the subredditization of 4chan and make mindbogglingly retarded suggestions like "make /jp/ into an Otaku Gamimg board".
Fuck you.
>>
>>351693

>war

What war? There's standard banter and shitposting every so often but nothing egregious.
>>
>>351696
Again with the subreddit bullshit. You do fucking realize 2ch has tons of boards for different subjects right? Are so fucking ignorant you don't even know that? And yes Weeaboos and Westakeks are at war with each other
>>
>>351699
Any thread talking about anything Japan related gets shitposted to hell and back because Reddit hates it. You need to open your eyes and see what's going on
>>
>>351700
And you do fucking realize 2ch is the japanese reddit and is several times larger than 4chan, right?
Jesus christ, fuck off retard.
>>
>>351703
Who fucking cares? Reddit is cancerous to the core. Having more boards for people isn't. Most people want more boards on here
>>
>>351702

Any thread about any game gets shitposted.
>>
>>351708
Here I go, arguing with a braindead teenager on /qa/... again.

>Who fucking cares?
You are the one who brought it up. 2ch is much bigger than 4chan, therefore it has more boards.
Not that it even matters - 4chan isn't 2ch, and was always more focused on fewer high-traffic than the kind of sprawling every-minor-topic-gets-a-board attitude that 2ch, reddit and many small and failed english imageboards have (the fact they have more boards than users is often a good reason to WHY they failed).

>Reddit is cancerous to the core
Define 'cancerous', idiot.

>Having more boards for people isn't
You're taking a well-established community and splitting it in two over an arbitrary detail, and for what?
Having more boards to cover more subjects is fine and welcomed. Having more boards just for the sake of having more boards, when the currently existing boards already cover these subjects is just dumb.

>Most people want more boards on here
No, YOU want more boards in here. This shit was already discussed, and while everyone on /qa/ loved the idea, hiroyuki actually showed up and suggested taking it to /v/ (you know, the board actually getting split?), and the response there was OVERWHELMINGLY negative. You don't get to decide which boards get added or removed (or motherfucking renamed - seriously? Make /jp/ into an "otaku gamimg board"? fuck you, faggot. go eat a shotgun barrel)

I do hope /qa/ gets deleted soon, this is getting ridiculous. Why'd you open this shitty thread instead of just filing your stupid suggestion to the feedback form, where it would be rightfully ignored?
>>
Your type should have been off /qa/ by now.
When can we go back to the older /qa/, damn it.
I miss my comfortable board
>>
>>351713
Not this badly. Even 2012-2013 wasn't as bad as it is right now
>>
>>351734
Ignore and report, then. Don't come to /qa/ whining with retarded suggestions that won't fix anything and would probably only make things worse.
>>
>>351721
The response on /v/ was very open to change. They want /v/ fixed badly, but even they know drastic actions must be taken now. The amount of threads complaining about /v/ get more and more numerous every single day

And I love how you call me a teenager. I've been on here since 2007, and I can't stand what has happened to /v/ and to 4chan as a whole
>>
>>351736
You do realizing reporting doesn't work right? Off topic threads stay up for hours without the mods doing anything. They're useless and you know that as well as anyone on /v/. And these ideas are not only plausible, but will make everyone happy
>>
>>351739
>You do realizing reporting doesn't work right?
youd be surprise
>>
>>351639
Anon's 10 Theses on Why /v/ Should Not Split By Region

1) Splitting up the board may not necessarily decrease moderator workload. Let us say that /v/ has some amount x users. Let us then say that /v/ is split into two boards. One may then argue that the two boards would then each have a fraction of x. However this is not the case. Users x are not necessarily confined to either new board, some ratio of the users x will post on both boards (for example I post on both /v/ and /vr/). Through this we will have artificially increased the value of x since adding up the total amount of users for both boards should then lead to a value greater than x.

2) The above works on a reasoning that both boards have sufficient use but let us say that one board (doesn't matter which) "dies" and does not see very much user input. If this were to happen we will have put in the effort to create and moderate a new board but will not see enough user input to validate the effort.

3) Additionally, if the boards split and one "dies" we will have arbitrarily limited the total possible discussion of videogames and lowered possible user input.

4) There are games made by studios from one region that are exclusive to platforms of another region as an example we'll say Metal Wolf Chaos. This could fall under the purview of either board and, if allowed to be posted upon in either board we will have again artificially increased potential moderator workload and we also invalidate the point of the board split.

5) Alternatively, if we do not let it be posted on either board we will need to create a rule set that is needlessly complex for the users. With that said, I suppose that a generic rule set you could make would be that Developer>Console>Publisher (or any combination thereof). But even such a simple rule set would not necessarily be followed by the users. /v/ has fairly simple rules (talk about videogames) but it routinely fails to follow them, why create two boards to also fail?
>>
>>351741
6) In the case of multiplats (let's say Resident Evil 4) if they are allowed to be discussed on either board we will have again increased moderator workload while also invalidating the point of the board split.

7) A unique problem for multiplats if they are to be split (example being can't talk about the Xbox version on the Eastern /v/) would be that we can no longer discuss the game through comparison with itself. This is one of the most important aspects of multiplats for consumers (which version runs better or has more content or whatever) and should be an obvious potential point of discussion for the users.

8) How would the split even work for PC? Steam is a western service but not all the games on it are western designed. And steam isn't even the only PC platform. We also still have the part 7 problem of multiplats.

9) The previous few points were focused on the console rather than the developer. So lets say that it is a developer based board split. In such a case we just arbitrarily split what games can be talked about in the board. Let's look at the Nintendo Wii U for some examples. In the Western board you could discuss Tropical Freeze or Punch Out Wii being put on the Virtual Console but you would not be able to talk about Super Smash Brothers for Wii U or Super Mario 3D World. Such a board split seems unnecessary in that it does split the board but without much due cause.

10) In the description of the board split one side is often portrayed as a safe haven and the other is portrayed as a slum. There is obviously some bias floating around those in favor of the board split and there does not appear to be even token effort put in to fix or even hide this. As far as I can tell there have been no straightforward reasons shown in favor of the board split that made an attempt to be unbiased. Holding this true then one should refrain from supporting the split until good reason is shown.
>>
So we went from the /l/ spammer to the merge /d/ and /aco/ spammer to the remove flags and ids on /pol/ spammer now to split /v/ spam.

Neat.
>>
>>351738
>I've been on here since 2007
How to Spot a Newfag: First Edition.
You already exposed yourself to be the underage honeymoon-period dipshit that you are with all the "kek", "war", constant misuse of "weeaboo" and "cancerous", and the very fact you're suggesting such retarded things in the first place. Don't try to backpaddle from this into "I'm le epik oldfagz, respect muh opinionz!" territory.
You are a newfaggot who has no fucking idea what he's talking about. You treat "quality" and "shitposting" on a board like one would gauge these things on a fucking dipstick. Usually it wouldn't matter, but you come here on /qa/ with poorly thought-out ideas which you read here just a few weeks ago, and you try to make them reality by spamming as many threads and posts about it to make it seem like a community decision. You do this because you just want to feel like you've made an impact on this website. You're hoping that your idiotic idea would turn into reality so that you could be content in knowing you've been at the "spearhead of change".

Sincerely, kill yourself.
>>
>>351740
I've found like 5 threads already that are clearly off topic and yet haven't been deleted
>>
>>351779
Report and ignore.
Besides - splitting /v/ would help how, exactly? If anything, it'll make things worse by spread the mod team out even thinner.
>>
>>351760
Wow you really got butthurt. You clearly are from Reddit if you got triggered that much.

>>351741
>>351744
If there was another way I'd be all for it. However there isn't anymore. Increased moderation doesn't work and enforcing the rules won't work because the mods are shit. Unless you have a better idea I'm all ears. But right now this is the only real option we got
>>
>>351782
That's why we hired more janitors
>>
File: 1349290525188.png (51 KB, 339x298) Image search: [Google]
1349290525188.png
51 KB, 339x298
>>351785
>we gotta do this thing that will only make everything worse! there is no other!
How about maintaining the status quo, you dumb cunt?
>>
>>351786
So that whatever increase in moderation quality would be squandered to create a new board nobody wants besides meme-spouting egomaniacs on /qa/?
>>
>>351785
>Wow you really got butthurt. You clearly are from Reddit if you got triggered that much.
Was this entire thread bait?
>>
>>351782
If there was a Japanese /v/ people would probably start self moderating it, just like they self moderate /a/ by actively reporting threads and telling shitposters to fuck off.

In the current /v/ no user wants to moderate their own board because it is a pile of shit anyways. The only people who enjoy that pile of shit are the shitposters themselves, while people who actually care about their board/threads not being shit post on /a/, /jp/, /vr/, /vg/.
>>
>>351790
Which is let Reddit shitpost /v/ up correct and drag down 4chan even more?

>>351792
There isn't going to be any on /v/. Most other boards have moderation that deals with shitposting, save for /tv/. /v/ CANNOT be saved with more moderation. It's too big now
>>
>>351790
How about you kill yourself you raging autistic weeaboo
>>
>>351796
I give up. You're irredeemable. Entire paragraphs were written to explain to you why this won't work, why /v/ doesn't even want or need "fixing", and you dismiss it with "lol reddit", all while advocating for subredditification.
I'm just happy in knowing your retarded ideas would never be put in practice.
Now, seriously, honestly, unironically and with full sincerity - kill yourself.
>>
>>351741
>>351744
Ok here's a better idea that might work:

Move any game made in Japan with an anime artstyle over to /jp/ and rename it Otaku Gaming. Yes VN's are allowed. Leave /v/ and name it Western Gaming. Call of Duty, Battlefront, Tomb Raider; any game made in the west stays on there period. The only expections will be Metal Gear and Dark Souls because of the art style
>>
File: 1413517299526.png (113 KB, 500x319) Image search: [Google]
1413517299526.png
113 KB, 500x319
>>351808
>Move any game made in Japan with an anime artstyle over to /jp/ and rename it Otaku Gaming
Die in a fire
>>
>>351807
I give up to. You Redditors just won't listen to anyone. You would rather stay in your little circle jerk all day and shitpost threads up because it's "funposting". The majority of /v/, well the sane ones, WANT CHANGE. It's retards like you that want things to stay the same. Change triggers you it seems and it's sad. You can go back to Reddit anytime you want, like right now for example
>>
>>351812
Touhou's and VN's can stay. Even shitty mobile games because that's all Japs play anyway
>>
>>351815
>The majority of /v/, well the sane ones, WANT CHANGE
nice projecting

btw, I'm not a redditor. I don't shitposting and I don't enjoy shitposting. You are really trying too hard.
>>
>>351820
So you're currently fine with /v/? You love the shitposting and off topic threads? And you love Japanese threads getting derailed?
>>
>>351824
Yeah, I'm fine with /v/, as are the hundreds of thousands of users who keep using it every day. And honestly I don't see nearly as much "offtopic" or "shitposting" threads as you make it sound. Seriously, seem like you people are operating by years-old outdated memes about /v/ supposed "/b/ 2.0" status instead anything that happens on that board in reality.
And here's a little secret: when I DO see a "bad" thread, I just keep scrolling. If it breaks the rules, I report it before I just keep scrolling.
>>
>>351795
That's a big assumption to make. What makes you think nobody is reporting threads and posts as it is? I mean, even if (IF!) you're right, and if your idea goes into practice, wouldn't that just create one mildly better board and one infinitely worse one?

Besides, why do you /q/ faggots keep whining about /v/ out of all boards? As far as I can tell (and without going too deep into this "quality as a resource" bullshit newfags love so much), /v/ is actually doing pretty fine, all things considered. /tv/, /pol/ and /r9k/ seem to have a much lower signal-to-noise ratio than /v/.

Also,
>/vg/
>actually care about their board/threads
nothing like dem tripfag circlejerks, am i rite?? ;P
>>
Split it into /sony/, /nintendo/ and fucking /micrsofot/. Weeaboos buy sony consoles, westaboos buy PCs and Xboxes. It will kill all your japanese games shitposting, console wars shitposting and make the boards slower for easier moderation. Long term discussion would still go to /vg/ which means that people who want to discuss multiplat games will meet there.
>>
>>351861
none of that is true
>>
>>351865
How is it not? If you post something on /v/ how you dislike company X the thread devolves into 500 posts of shitflinging, if you'd post 'I hate nintendo' on the microsoft board you could easily be banned for offtopic instead. There would be no portbegging in any console exclusive thread which would improve threads about niche games by a mile. 'NEVER EVER' threads or 'THANKS FOR BETA TESTING' would also be non existent. There would be no room for twitter posts / youtube e-celebs because they usually don't speak for a platform but video games as a whole.
>>
>>351744
6) In the case of multiplats (let's say Resident Evil 4)

Resident Evil is a Japanese franchise, it would go in /vj/
>>
>>351867
1. Weebs preferred platform is PC for VNs. Seems like almost all PCfags have anime profile images on Steam.
2. Most people who have PC also have consoles, so PCfags would visit the others anyway.
3. Console wars are the biggest shit fest out of all internet fights, in what world would creating an imageboard for each be a good thing. It would only amplify the shitposting. Like /a/ vs /v/ shitposting, but even worse.
>>
>>351871
>Most people who have PC also have consoles, so PCfags would visit the others anyway.
>Weebs preferred platform is PC for VNs
Yes, and? Threads about games exclusive on sony consoles go to /sony/, games about games exclusive to PC go to /microsoft/. Problem solved. Begging for ports would be a bannable offense. It's not that hard.

>It would only amplify the shitposting
Global rule 4.
>>
>>351868
Final Fight Streetwise is an American developed game for a Japanese franchise, would you have it be on /vj/ or /v/?
>>
>>351877
>trusting the mods to uphold the rules
lel
>>
Fuck off, /v/. You already got enough splits. Let other boards get their chemo.
>>
>>351884
Guess fucking what. If you think mods won't do shit then what's the point in splitting between west and eastern games? Clearly mods won't delete offtopic threads because you say so which means everyone can just go to the opposite board and post whatever garbage they want.
>>
Does /v/ really need another god damn split? It's already shit enough that we already have it split off into 3 other boards (/vp/, /vg/ and /vr/). I know that /v/ is shit, but we don't need to divide it into individual niche circlejerks.
>>
>>351898
/vp/ is no longer needed and /vr/ is a special snowflake board that's very slow and has no reason to be threre.
>>
>>351902
>He says while proposing a special snowflake board
I know /a/ has entitlement issues, but come on. You have to be able to see when you're being blatantly hypocritical.
>>
>>351902
removing /vp/ would

>cause /vg/ to get a bunch more generals
>cause shit on /v/ as people start making pokemon related threads there
>cause shit on /a/ as people spam anime threads there
>>
>>351898
/vp/ is not just for videogames but anime, manga, TCG and events.
>>
>>351906
>anyone on /v/
>/a/
No
>>
>>351906
eastern games would be way bigger than retro.
Plus new content is always coming, creating endless discussion, unlike /vr/ with its restrictive dates.
>>
>>351910
/v/ is literally unsalvageable right now anyways. I'd love to see /vp/ die just so they could fuck up /a/. Those eltist cunts deserve it.
>>
>>351914
>No
Oh, so /a/ is just being a busybody again? It's like a whole board of fussy housewives muttering to themselves about the neighbors and trying to change the way other people do things even though it doesn't affect them in the slightest.
>>
>>351920
/a/ would probably flip out at the prospect of another general

not that there isn't a bunch of stealth generals anyway
>>
>>351922
What does /a/ have to do with /v/'s problems?
>>
>>351927
It's always people from /a/ who try to create more east/west splits because /a/ is an elitist board with delusions about quality differences and an obsession with making those perceived differences actually affect things.
>>
>>351916
>Making boards for eastern and western games
So basically 2 separate circlejerks just based on the region the game was developed in?
>/wv/ "I Sure do love western vidya, also Japanese vidya sucks, let me spout a bunch of reasons to reinforce this idea in everyone's head, if you think otherwise, you're a shit"
>/ev/ "I love Japanese vidya, Western vidya sucks, here's a bunch of comparison charts that don't really mean that much, other then to reinforce everyone's views"

So much for aiming for general (as in "In general" and not as in "a bunch of generals on a board") discussion, so people can just discuss both and maybe discover other games in the process
>>
>>351930
So in your delusions /a/ gives a fuck about /v/ and tries to split it
Good to know
>>
File: v.png (1 MB, 1837x922) Image search: [Google]
v.png
1 MB, 1837x922
>>351920
"unsalvageable"
Does this look unsalvageable to you?
>>
>>351932
/a/ gives a fuck about east/west splits.
>>
>>351914
/a/ and /v/ have a long story together.
All these rage comics and the "anime /a/ likes - anime /v/ likes" thing.
>>
>>351931
It's way better than the current /v/:
>[spoiler]LOL[/spoiler]
>Is he right /v/?
>Just
>BILL
>400 threads shilling AAA flavor of the month.
>>
>>351938
That's about /v/tards coming to /a/
>>
>>351941
I think some phrases should yield an automatic ban. Shit like 'Is he right', 'what did he mean by this', and 'it's over x won' are 100% of the time shitposting.
>>
File: Akagi.jpg (116 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
Akagi.jpg
116 KB, 500x350
>>351914
>>351922
>>351927
>>351930
>>351932
>>351938

Barely anyone on /a/ goes to /v/ or vice-versa. I saw a thread on /v/ about "which other boards do you use" and /a/ only had like three matches out of 60+ posts. /a/'s elitism and /v/'s retardation repel each other.
>>
>>351932
>/a/ gives a fuck about /v

Well they sure can't stop talking about it

https://4ch.be/a/search/text/%2Fv%2F%20-youtube/
>>
>>351948
Actually, let me correct that. There are people on /v/ who go to /a/ but very few have it as their main board. The thread was about "what's your second main board". /v/ users seem to only go to /a/ occasionally to talk about the latest flavor of the month shonenshit or other "MANIME" like OPM.
>>
>>351942
Yes, people can browse as many boards they like and know diferent boards culture.
>>
>>351760

Are you that "lower case posters are ruining the website" guy
>>
>>351933
See >>351941
>>
>>351948
>>351948
I used to lurk /a/ and /v/ years ago but now i rarely visit /v/, I'm sure a lot of people were like that back then but I'm not sure of the situation now.
>>
>>351983
See the majority of threads on here right now. /v/ is in the worse state it's been in since 2012-2013, if not even worse. Normies and Redditors flood the board now, and it's almost impossible to post on it. People have been asking for a split to try and salvage any little bit that remains
>>
>>351941
>wanting to go to 2 fucking echo chambers to talk about current videogames
>Can't mention X game because it was made in the other region
>Every mention of a game made in that region derails the thread into rampant anal damage or a warning/ban

At least with current /v/, the worst you get is getting called a weeb for mentioning a japanese game, imagine the shitstorm that would ensue if a western game were mentioned on eastern /v/ and vice versa
>>
>>351931
The majority of the shitposters will stay on western, that way they won't have to deal with the anime fans they so despise
>>
>>351996
They'll self moderate. Believe me both sides hate each other, and they won't allow crossboarding to happen on their watch
>>
Discuss how to fix the quality of a board without mentioning any other board or online community.

While it is true that outside forces influence 4chan greatly, scapegoating is pretty fucking pointless on an anonymous site. Since people will not be banned for browsing other communities, they will continue to come here regardless of how strong your conviction is against them.

Try to think of ways which would improve quality in general, considering these groups, assuming that they will never, ever go away.
>>
>>352005
So basically I'd have to go between 2 echo chambers to discuss video games and deal with 2 growing hiveminds.
>>
>>352009
That's a big improvement over not being able to discuss anything at all.
>>
>>352009
You really wanna deal with current /v/ right now with all the off topic threads and the on topic threads that get shitposted on? It'll help a lot more than you think. Besides what's the problem? It's the same as having say /pol/ and /int/ opened at the same time
>>
File: v2.png (1 MB, 1859x926) Image search: [Google]
v2.png
1 MB, 1859x926
>>351975
The statement was that /v/ was "literally" unsalvageable. I posted an image that shows it needs improvement but isn't worthless as a board. The only 2 of those things in that image that >>351941 mentioned were
LOL
Is he right /v/?
The rest were mostly discussion.

That's far from being "literally" unsalvageable.

Here's another screencap from a few minutes ago. Are you honestly going to to tell me this looks like complete irredeemable shit compared to other boards?

>>352008
The word filters worked wonders on there. Part of the draw of /v/ to Reddit is being able to shitpost, so if /v/ suddenly got many more words and phrases added to the filter, they'd cry about censorship and fun-ruining and start to stop.
Word filtering words and phrases like "BTFO" "meme" and "cancer" would also have the benefit of forcing more people to actually type out what they think without sounding like a child with a shallow vocabulary.
If filtering isn't enough, make those words an automatic warning and then ban.
>>
File: 1435972572937.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1435972572937.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
>>352005
>They'll self moderate
>>
The problem isn't westernfags and weeaboos shitting in each other's threads, it's the shitposters who bait whichever side provides the most replies. Get rid of that and we won't have a problem anymore.
Besides, weeaboos here aren't exactly known for their quality posts, unless you enjoy a thousand "I want to kiss [FOTM waifu]'s tummy!" threads.
>>
>>352026
I do not care about this victimization shit the other guy keeps pushing to shill the split. Westakeks are retarded shit-eating casuals and their opinions should be ignored as a result. I want a Jap-only /v/ because I think it would be a genuinely high quality board.
>>
>>352029
>I want a Jap-only /v/ because I think it would be a genuinely high quality board.
If you want a look at what a Japanese vidya board would be like, take a look at /jp/.
>>
>>351989
>Normies and Redditors flood the board now, and it's almost impossible to post on it
I know is the neo/V/ what made me leave it in the first place.
>People have been asking for a split to try and salvage any little bit that remains
i'm not sure if a split would work, /v/ needs more moderation form the 4chan staff and especially from the users.
>>
>>352023
I'm all for the word filters. We need Hiro on board and tell him what we want filtered
>>
File: Capture.png (1 MB, 1843x895) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1 MB, 1843x895
>>352030
>If you want a look at what a Japanese vidya board would be like, take a look at /jp/.

Are you stupid? A Japanese /v/ already exists within /v/ itself. You only need to divide the threads that deal with Eastern and Western content primarly and judge which one looks better.

Here, I circled the threads that would belong to Jap /v/ in red and the ones that would belong to Western /v/ in blue just now.
>>
>>352025
"Self-moderation" really just means that they're so bad that they need full time mod support to keep them from collapsing under their own stupidity. It works for /a/.
>>
>>352031
More moderation won't help /v/, specially self moderation.

I mean I do legit want to see some kind split or at least move anime and Japanese games to /jp/. On top of that, add filters to words
>>
>>352038
That's on a good day, and half those threads are filled with shitposts and you know it
>>
>>352030
Not the same thing.
/jp/ is basically japan general.
/jp/ users unlike the rest of 4chan (generaly) repect stuff like spoilers, sage and qutations.
>>
>>351989
Here is my proposed split:

/v/ - Current Generation Vidya and Future
/vr/ - Retro Vidya (Up to and including 4th Generation)
/vg/ -Vidya General
/vp/ - Pokemon
/jp/ - Touhou, Rhythm, and Idol sims (status quo)
++++++++++
/vj/ -ViJayJay (Japanese Vidya)
/v0/ - Vidya 0verflow (5th - 7th Gen, ongoing series, etc.)
/vtv/ - Twitch, streaming, personalities, Youtube, etc. Audio webm enabled.

My thinking is that anything current will always be shit, so sanction it its own board. Since people will post on /v/ by default, /v/ should be split off from, not redirected. /v/ becomes a hype-box and funposting box, which it already is.

>/vj/
Japanese vidya is enough to warrant a split. Stuff can be both in /vj/ and /jp/, and /jp/ mods can kick out what doesn't belong.

>/v0/
0verflow would serve as discussion of games which are not retro but still would be slower in replies, along with series which do not justify a general but merit discussion greater than what is seen in /v/. Generals are moved to /vg/ by Mods. Ideally it would be:

/v/ --> /v0/ <--> /vg/

>/vtv/
Twitch and personality posting gets their own containment board, because just like your Mother can't stop gossiping, it is physically impossible to get people to shut up about IRL.
>>
>>352049
>/vj/
So a Japanese vidya circlejerk/containment board because a bunch of dumb faggots cry "WEEB!"
>/v0/
>5th gen
Well, there goes a good chunk of /vr/
>/vtv/
Basically shilling, E-celeb circlejerks, and most likely a giant Vinesauce circlejerk.
>>
>>352038
Half the threads on /jp/ are generally filled with stuff related to Touhou, Kancolle, VNs, etc, all of which are video games. It serves as a decent estimate of what a Japanese-only /v/ looks like, only instead of the aforementioned there'd be Neptunia, console wars (remember that Nintendo and Sony are both Japanese), DoA, etc.
Also, what happens when you want to discuss both Japanese and western games in the same thread? There'd be no place to discuss both at the same time since no matter the board it'd be against the rules. Splitting /v/ is as stupid as splitting /tv/ into American /tv/ and European /tv/.
>>
File: jp_gets_trolled.jpg (121 KB, 351x1697) Image search: [Google]
jp_gets_trolled.jpg
121 KB, 351x1697
>>352041
>More moderation won't help /v/, specially self moderation.
Why?
>move anime and Japanese games to /jp/
This will kill /jp/, the userbase is very different /v/ users can't take it easy, /v/ is easy as fuck to troll look at all these threads, while /jp/ is nearly impossible to troll.
>>
>>352009
How would they be echo-chambers? People would have differing opinions on games and game-related topics. I don't think you know what an echo-chamber is.
>>
File: 02.png (1 MB, 1848x865) Image search: [Google]
02.png
1 MB, 1848x865
>>352068
>Half the threads on /jp/ are generally filled with stuff related to Touhou, Kancolle, VNs, etc, all of which are video games. It serves as a decent estimate of what a Japanese-only /v/ looks like

No. This picture does. I'm doing this completely at random. Eat shit. /jp/ has nothing to do with videogames. They don't discuss any besides Touhou. And even then they don't really talk about the games themselves, only the characters. Touhou about the actual games tends to happen on /v/ mostly.

>Also, what happens when you want to discuss both Japanese and western games in the same thread? There'd be no place to discuss both at the same time since no matter the board it'd be against the rules.

That's a very small price to pay I would say. And it's not like the mods need to do a total crackdown when it happens.
>>
>>352118
*Touhou discussion
>>
>>352038
Goldeneye isn't a Japanese game, it's British, and therefore Western.
>>
>>352203
It's a Smash thread.
>>
File: 1429038175235.jpg (20 KB, 255x256) Image search: [Google]
1429038175235.jpg
20 KB, 255x256
>>351615
Weebs don't like normalfags and normalfags don't like weebs.
Weebs hate seeing normalfags post threads about bullshit like e-celebs, SJWs, and all that garbage.
Normalfags hate seeing weebs post threads about waifus and all that garbage.

Weebs get their own board where they don't have to deal with normalfag bullshit, normalfags get their own board where they don't have to deal with weeb bullshit. It's a win-win situation. Who actually loses out here? No one.

It would only slightly inconvenience people who like both in the way that they would have to open two boards instead of one, but that's hardly a major issue. Not to mention that it would lead to higher quality discussion in both boards, and a lot less weeb-normalfag internet wars and flaming, so even the "idorts" benefit from the split.

Video games are probably the most popular hobby in the world, and /v/ is one of the biggest boards on this site. This is not some niche subject, splitting it like this isn't going to kill it or slow down the discussions or anything.
>>
>>352258
fuck off tripfag
>>
>>352258
>Not to mention that it would lead to higher quality discussion in both boards

Not really, /v/ would remain the same stinking pile of shit it is right now.

Otherwise you are right through. /v/ is currently inhabited by two groups who don't like each other and there is no reason not to give each of them a save zone.

And I am fucking tired to not be able to talk about VNs because underage newfags on /v/ keep spamming up the threads with "LOL NOT REAL GAEM XD" to the point where people make VN threads on /a/ under the mask of an anime adaptation and then not ever talk about the anime adaptation, like in Majikoi's case for example.
>>
>>351615
autustic weebkeks want a hugbox

there are some good japanese games but making /vj/ would mean that all good japanese games would get shitposted in favor of moeshit visual novels
>>
File: 1430955136405.png (197 KB, 356x352) Image search: [Google]
1430955136405.png
197 KB, 356x352
>>351834
>wouldn't that just create one mildly better board and one infinitely worse one?

The "mildly better board" might actually end up being useable, unlike the reddit infested piece of shit that is /v/.

The "infinite worse one" aka the current /v/ is a piece of shit anyways, there is not much room further down it can go.

>Besides, why do you /q/ faggots keep whining about /v/ out of all boards?

Because a lot of people like me like video games but hate /v/. There is a reason /v/ has become the new boogeyman on /a/ after reddit and gaia online, it really is that fucking bad. But despite the people's hate for /v/ the interest in video games remain, that is why so many want a /vj/.

>/v/ is actually doing pretty fine, all things considered
Are you drunk?

>/tv/, /pol/ and /r9k/ seem to have a much lower signal-to-noise ratio than /v/.
These boards might be shit too but I don't browse them. And really, it is no surprise that you don't see anything wrong with /v/ if these are the boards you like.
If the user bases of these boards are happy with them there is no reason to change them, however people are clearly not happy with the current way /v/ works.

>Also,
>>/vg/
>>actually care about their board/threads
You should stop going to the League of Legends general and the like, there are some great small communities on /vg/, because unlike /v/ you can talk about a japanese game of your choice without a bunch of retarded redditors invading your thread.
>>
>>351741
>>351744
>Origin of platform is related to split
Only fucking /v/edditor can be this retarded.
>>
>>351615
More fake and gay drama by 8gag in a desperate attempt to get more traffic on their site and flood away the actual good solutions and pressing problems at hand.
>>
>>352258
The issue comes with the splitting of content and how you define what's western and eastern.

Metal Gear Solid is Japanese, of course, but the games are very Western in tone and style and by your own terms likely have more normalfag MGS fans than weeb MGS fans.

And then there are also plenty of western-made Anime-eque games like Skullgirls, which likely have more weeb fans than normalfag fans.

And then what about Japanese games licensed to a Western developer, or vice-versa? Does Donkey Kong Country belong in the Eastern or Western board?
>>
>>352556
Treat it the same way /a/ and /co/ are treated.

"Western-inspired" Japanese games can go to both boards.
"Japanese-inspired" Western games are Western board only.
>>
>>352559
How do you define what Western-inspired or Japanese-inspired is? /a/ and /co/ is much simpler in that regard because anime is a very specific genre of animation, video games aren't so much.

Is Dark Souls "western-inspired"? Devil May Cry? Resident Evil?

What about Nintendo games, which don't fit the typical moeblob or bishounen (disregarding Link) styles of typical "eastern" games like Touhou or Final Fantasy?

Actually, is Final Fantasy "Japanese-inspired" or "western inspired"? I mean, they certainly have anime-esque designs, but the entire JRPG genre is literally directly inspired by Western CRPGs and table-top RPGs.
>>
>>352566
I need to find this image that showed the difference between JRPGs and WRPGs, where the JRPG picture was just Dark Souls and the WRPG picture was a heavily modded Oblivion with anime characters. It was simple but hilarious.
>>
>>352559
That doesn't make any sense. Just put Jap games on one and western games on the other, and ban anyone who posts either out of their containment board.

Otherwise you'll have weebs going to shitpost in western /v/, and western /v/ will shitpost in jap /v/
>>
>>352566
>/a/ and /co/ is much simpler in that regard because anime is a very specific genre of animation, video games aren't so much.
In both cases, it's based solely on the country of origin.

The definition of anime is "Japanese animation". Anime does not need to have a specific "artstyle" to be anime, if it's a cartoon made by Japs, it's anime. All non-Japanese cartoons, no matter how "weeby" they look, are not anime. RWBY, Avatar, and Korra are not anime. Gangsta, PSG and all the other "Western-inspired" Japanese cartoons, are anime.

If a game is made by a Japanese developer, it's a Japanese game. Doesn't matter if it's Pantsu Quest XIV or Bloodborne.

>How do you define what Western-inspired or Japanese-inspired is?
Just use common sense. If it's a non-weebshit Japanese game popular among normalfags, it should be tolerated on the Western board.

>>352580
>Just put Jap games on one and western games on the other, and ban anyone who posts either out of their containment board.
The problem with that solution is that a lot of normalfags hate weebshit but love stuff like Resident Evil, Souls series, Metal Gear series, etc. and they would be absolutely livid if they were only allowed to discuss those games on a filthy weeb board. It would also make the whole point of the split redundant since once again you'd have weeb vs. anti-weeb flame wars, only restricted to the weeb board. Weebs aren't going to go to Western /v/ to shitpost in, e.g. MGSV any more than they currently go to shitpost in /co/'s Toonami threads.
>>
>>352620
That still doesn't solve the question of what to do about Japanese companies licensing their IPs to Western developers. Are Donkey Kong Country and Metriod Prime western or eastern?
>>
>>351693
>I'm a fucking dumbass

The "war" between weebs and westfags hasn't been hot for a long-ass time. Back in 2007 or 2008, for example, saying you liked any JRPG would get you immediately dogpiled.

On topic: It's a completely unnatural split. People who play games like Dark Souls, Dead Rising, and Deadly Premonition aren't going to want to share a board with people who like games like Final Fantasy and Xenoblade Chronicles. In turn, neither of these groups are going to want to share a board with all those Underage Panty Quest type games.

In the same vein, Undertale has a radically different fanbase than say, Halo, which has a different fanbase than Saint's Row, which has a different fanbase than Gone Home, etc.

It makes absolutely no sense and probably wouldn't even reduce the small amount of fighting there is.
>>
>>352624
To be honest, I haven't played a Nintendo game since the N64 era so I don't know how the "community" feels about these things. Make an exception for these games and allow them on Japanese board? Only allow comparing them to other games in the franchise but disallow threads about those games in specific?

That sort of thing can be discussed and sorted out after the board is made on the board itself. Those games aren't really that numerous, so it's not really a big of a deal.
>>
>>351745
Can we go back to the /l/ spammer?
>>
>>351948
I mainly frequent /v/, but I'll occasionally go to /a/ when I read a good manga and want to talk about it.

Inb4 "GB2/v/ YOU FUCKING /v/ERMIN." Nobody on /a/ has ever guessed my main board.
>>
>>352559
Best possible explanation
>>
we don't need more video game boards. it's going to keep splitting things up i didn't even mind generals before /vg/ became a thing.
>>
>>352693
Sadly we do with how badly /v/. It moves way too fast, mods are too fucking lazy, and normies have invaded it and won't leave
>>
File: 24121244.png (150 KB, 310x269) Image search: [Google]
24121244.png
150 KB, 310x269
>Spliting /v/ in many boards
>Ever
Okay let make it clear: There are no need to actually split /v/ so people can have their own hugbox/circlejerk. For whatever reasons you want to split it, you have to understand that video game is not one thing, is not just about Western and Eastern, is not just about genre (RPG, strategy and FPS) and economic model (Indie, low budget and AAA), is not just about art and fun. Video game is about a lot of things with which people need to deal with even if they don't care. It's not because you just like video game for one thing that justify splitting the board in many ones. You guys seriously need to stop being triggered by everything and actually realize that you learn more about video game stuff you are not necessarily into.
>>
>>352673
When in Rome, do as the Romans do. There's no problem with "crossboarding" if you can manage to blend well into the crowd of the board you're visiting. Regardless of cancerous faggots who might say otherwise, trying to fit in IS a good thing.
>>
>>352702
Are you seriously ok with /v/ in its current state? Like seriously are you!?
>>
>>352721
I'm aware of the current state in /v/, but we have to be honest: The problem is not simply just /v/, but the current state of the video game community. Of course, with the LOL threads, filename threads, the taste of the month threads and flaming consoles/computers wars threads, there are some stuff that need to be made so we can make sure to prevent shitposting, but unfortunately, with how video game industry/community are these days, that would not be enough. My best bet would be to create a new way to talk about video game: More about mechanics and the cores of video game, less about fanboyism/fandom, casual/hardcore and popularity.
>>
>>352728
That's not going to happen. The Redditors want to shitpost because it's fun to them. They won't change their ways at all. What we need to do is piss them off, and I feel as though not only have a split, but also add more word filters to words they always tend to use
>>
>>352704
I don't "try to fit in" on any board I go to. I just try to say interesting things about the topic at hand.
>>
>>351615
Wait do people still post vidya on /v/? I thought it was worksafe /b/ now?
>>
>>352733
"Trying to fit in" means "don't act like a retard and don't bring cancer from your main board into the other boards you visit".
>>
File: 1381936562736.jpg (89 KB, 313x334) Image search: [Google]
1381936562736.jpg
89 KB, 313x334
>>352730
First of all: Are you sure that's "Redditors" and not something else that could cause this current shitposting on /v/?
Second: Are you try to say you actually give up that easily?
>>
>>352738
It really is Reddit doing this we know for a fact. It's also an influx of people from Facebook and Neogaf
>>
>>352738
I kind of have given up. You can't save /v/ with more moderation or self moderation. It just simply won't work now. It's way too fast to be moderated properly. Just yesterday I saw several off topic that stayed for for almost 2 hours
>>
Japanese games are allowed on /jp/, you can go there.
>>
I'm too lazy to copypaste my autistic rant
>>352745
>>
File: ToddHoward2010sm.jpg (4 MB, 5185x5809) Image search: [Google]
ToddHoward2010sm.jpg
4 MB, 5185x5809
>m-muh reddit bogeyman
>>
>>352760
Why don't we just have different boards for each of the major platforms?
>>
>>352734
That's /tv/, fampai
>>
>>352751
We want to, it makes a lot of sense if you think about it. Right now though only Touhou's and VN's are allowed. Moving Japanese games that have an anime art style, or games such as Final Fantasy can all go there
>>
>>352764
Because it would encourage the shitters even more, it'd make discussion about multiplat games exceptionally annoying and you'd have to implement a catchall vidya board anyway, and what if some "major platform" content flows there?

Also, here's a question: why should the userbase be split by platform? What would you gain from it? And before you go there, "less shitposting" is a poor answer. Console wars and other shittery is technically a bannable offense already, but when did you last see it enforced?
>>
I'm not the most creative, pragmatic or smart person in the world, but I'm sure you have to understand this is an issue relative to too much freedom, not as in liberty, but as in regulation.
/v/ is the second biggest board, and also the most accepting one. A lot of cringy threads pop up every second, there is really no "board culture" like on the other boards, this is because of all the migrations that happened in the past.
First off, there was GameFaqs in the early days. Their putrid boards managed to make them move and set up home here. This happened with many other websites.
The last one was reddit, whose degradation in subreddits like r/pcmasterrace or whatever was it called and the videogame one because of all the paid shills, mod scandals and blah blah blah lead them there.

Now, let's get crazy. Use your /pol/ senses and think about it as Sweden. 75% of original population, 25% blacks. Mass immigration made it the country with the 3rd highest rate of rape in the world. Contenders in the top ten? All african countries, obviously. And these fags defend it with "muh multiculturalism, muh privilege, muh making children jack off in school for gender studies" (it actually happened).
Exactly what's happening/has happened with /v/. It's a giant metaphor. Norway has had this problem too with foreign populations, muslims, so what did they do? They sent 824 of them home. Crime across the nation dipped by 30%. So...

E-Celeb thread? Deleted. Console war, with no ends and no interesting concept? Deleted.
Let the mods look at the boards. Stupid bait thread popping up everyday? Deleted and user banned.
Split /v/ for western and japanese games! Don't.

And so on. Other people in another thread here started saying what I said.
>b-b-but muh free speech!
You already have free speech, but you're breaking the rules. By how you use it, it's a buzzword. The rules aren't your scapegoat.

TL;DR - Strenghten moderation.
>>
>>352808
>strengthen moderation
aka ruin the site even more
>>
File: You are kidding right.jpg (15 KB, 416x304) Image search: [Google]
You are kidding right.jpg
15 KB, 416x304
>>352808
>Now, let's get crazy. Use your /pol/ senses
>/pol/ senses
>>
File: image.jpg (393 KB, 1457x1322) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
393 KB, 1457x1322
>>352778
Hate to break it to you but both boards are off topic and shit, and /v/ has the longest reputation for being a worksafe /b/.
>>
A japan/west split won't stop the awful console-warring and steamshitters.
>>
>>352812
>abloobloo my website is going to shit because nobody follows the rules! save us, we're good boys!
>abloobloo im anonymouse nobody is gonna put me down! i dont follow the rules, i'm a bad boy!

ok. you don't want to split, you don't wanna fix anything - what the fuck do you want?
>>
The /vr/ split was already an awful idea, I've visited that board exactly once and I love classic games. There just isn't enough content there for a full board.

There is no reason to split content because you're upset at seeing threads.
>>
>>352559
how about we split it into
/vid/ - videogame discussion

and

/ya/ - memes, e-celebs, AAA games, shilling, console wars, Ruggarel
>>
>>352823
Off-topic threads haven't been a problem in years dude. Stop living in 2010.
>>
>>352901
/v/'s real issue is retarded on-topic threads
>>
>>352903
That's not what "worksafe /b/" and "/b/ with video games" mean.
>>
>>352908
it's not /b/ with videogames anymore, it's /b/ with videogame culture
>>
>>352808
This though. Also you /v/tards should learn to use a feature called report. Other boards don't have shitty offtopic threads because we call mods.
>Report doesn't work hurr
Then I guess you can enjoy being the laughing stock of 4chan.
>>
Don't make any other new boards aside from /vj/. This is what most people want.

Don't change /v/ or the rules.
Don't delete the old /v/ when you split it.
Don't make a board for western games.

Just make a board for Japanese video games and moderate it the same way you moderate /a/, by aggressively deleting all garbage threads.
>>
>>352913
/b/ means offtopic. /v/'s general culture is miles away from /b/'s.
>>
>>352934

We don't need VJ, weebs just need to stop being such fags and deal with the fact that people like something other than only japanese media.

I'm a fan of both japanese and western games and don't want to browse 2 different boards.
>>
>>351625
This. Weebs think they're the only ones with problems. News flash: the entire universe doesn't revolve around you.
>>
>>352948
>We
Then you'd keep browsing /v/ if you like to have threads filled with antiweebshit shitposting, nobody wants you on /jv/ anyway.
>>
>>352808
Except the Redditors are far, far worse than Gamefaqs ever was. /v/ should NEVER have been accepting as it was. They let all these Redditors, Normies, and Facebook fags and didn't have the balls to tell them to get out. Now /v/ can't even be saved with good moderation. The board is too overcrowded, moves too fast, and the mods simply don't care anymore
>>
>>353108

What are you even talking about? There are threads about JP games constantly on /v/ without anti-japan posters. If you can't handle people being critical about japanese games try a /vg/ circlejerk. I'm sure there is a general about whatever shitty game somebody triggered you with.
>>
I want to see some examples of anti-weebery on /v/. It must be pretty damn bad and nearly omnipresent for the weebs to want their own hugbox to escape it.
>>
>>352948
>>353191
>>353196
Personally, that's not the reason I want a Japanese /v/. I want it because I believe it would be a genuinely high quality board. Most of the shitty threads on /v/ are related to Western games or Western "gaming culture".
>>
>>353198

But they aren't at all, Try looking past the first page sometime.
>>
>>353202
>Fallout shitposting/shitposting about any major AAA Western release
>dudebro garbage
>shit about SJWs/feminism
>e-celebs
>clickbait about Western gaming sites

Just to list a few.
>>
>>353209

You know all you have to do is keep scrolling past those threads right? There are dozens of threads on /v/ right now about japanese games with people actually discussing them. It sounds like you just /v/ to be /a/ with games, and are so upset that it isn't you're expecting hiro to make a board just for you.
>>
>>353213
If ignoring them made them go away, believe me, I would do that, but it doesn't. They're still there lowering the general quality of the board and sliding better threads to the bottom of the catalog.
>>
>>353224

I imagine those threads just really aren't that great to begin with. Try /jp/, That's where music game threads are too. They've just never done well on /v/ but do fine over there. I'm sure most of it's users would be happy to break up the monotony of touhou thread 20,000
>>
>>353209
>not strictly limited to Western games
>wah wah I don't like these games
>should be bannable anyway

Yeah, a split will surely make everything better and not just shuffle the shit around two separate boards
>>
>>353232
Any kind of threads related to videogames are better than the ones I listed, even waifuposting. They are a problem because they're usually the most active threads on the board.
>>
>>353243

You realize just because it's a seperate board the threads you want aren't going to magically get more populated right? People will still shitpost on /v/ and even less people will even see the hypothetical thread you want people to see because they'd have to click on a seperate board to do so.
>>
I get the feeling that a small group of moderators would be able to more effectively moderate a medium-sized board, than a medium group of moderators moderating a large-sized board.

Most jannies and mods really do try to help /v/, in my opinion, but the place is too fast/big. Nobody who is against a split has been able to offer a solution to that. Sure, they've brought up increasing post-timer, but that just seems like a band-aid.
>>
>>353247
But they aren't going to be bumped off the catalog as fast. That's the point. They'll be on a board where there's more space for them and the people who are interested in their topics. /v/ is too fast for it's own good. Other boards like /pol/ have the same problem; the fastest thread are shitposting and baiting and the most interesting die off with just 5-15 replies.
>>
>>351615
>another vidya split
do u even fags
>>
>>353259

I'd much rather see a 20 page /v/ than another /v/ split.

I think per thread ID's would help clean up /v/ immensely and if moderation would actually ban shitposters rather than seemingly random posts.
>>
>>353272

Also people who make 4 threads about the same topic. Making a thread about a game that already has a thread should be a bannable offense.
>>
>>353198
> I want it because I believe it would be a genuinely high quality board.
You can't actually think that? Splitting up /v/ will just result in 2 /v/s. Most /v/ermin will end up using both of them and the anti-japanese anons are more likely to post in /jv/ more, because most of them are shitposters.

Unless you can somehow get the majority of the anons to adapt a /a/ like elitist attitude, its just going to be the same thing. Good luck with getting anons from /v/ to act like /a/nons, most of them will probably just 'not a sekrit club'
>>
>>352900
An alternative way of splitting /v/ would be to split it into a games board and a gaming board.
Games for specific video game titles discussions.
Gaming for all the meta discussions - sales, console/platform wars, DRM discussions, Steam sales, discussions about a specific developer/publisher, twitter screencaps, SJW bullshit, etc.
>>
File: 1434965452180.png (84 KB, 419x238) Image search: [Google]
1434965452180.png
84 KB, 419x238
>>352702
The thing is that /v/ is that monstrously big that it could make up an entire small chan, which would then get more popular because they would suddenly be good places to discuss video games
So no, splitting it into two or even three new boards would not reduce the community into circlejerkers. The only reason it's like that on /vg/ is because each thread is basically a subreddit
>>
File: ss (2015-11-20 at 12.33.32).jpg (61 KB, 253x494) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-11-20 at 12.33.32).jpg
61 KB, 253x494
>>351615
>"redpill"
Can you kids fuck off to facebook? Or at öeast stay in your baby contayinment board /pol/ and lurk for a few months?
>>351639
Eastern games get twitter drama and muh sjw boogyman calling just as much if not more. Dont remember kojima? Dont remember the carpe fulgar drama? Dont remember kajima? There just was the mika buttslap and kids upset with its change.
You can not fix /v/ by seperating it this way or any other way.

I want to be able to talk about all these games and way more on the same board and in the same threads.
Fuck off to 8gag if you want split communities every 2nd day.
>>
>>351914
Some of /v/ biggest rp faggots and shitposters are very obvious from /a/ where they get their new material.
>>
>>351941
You need to stop only seeing te bad. Yes /v/ is horrible at some times of the day and when certain topics make news but it is very usable stillfor positive videogame discussions. One thing new kids like you need to learn is use the report function correctly. Shitposters complain about "nintendogaf" because the ninty folks actually want to talk about theirgames and report obvious flamebaiting.
And again this proposed split would only do harm and play even more into a few obsessed people from /a/ that dont want anything east to touch west, actual real life weaaboos.
>>
Please, I just want a slightly slower /v/. Why do you people want to deny me of this?
>>
>>353479
Fuckoff to 8gag with your trip and split obsession.
>>
>>353708
Which would be way easier and not harmful to archive by giving it a higher post cooldown. A non harmful way to lessen the speed without splitting the baby in the middle just because 2 mothers claim motthership.
>>
>>353708
If you want that, fuck off to 8gag or reddit then. /v/ is never going to slow down, regardless of how many splits you do. It will only slow down if extreme measures are taken and they won't happen because that will affect the rest of the site from overflow
>>
>>353708
If you want that, implement 1m30 post timers. A split would just result in two ridiculously fast boards, even increasing the net post rate due to overlapping userbases and gray area topics being posted in both boards. In effect, it'd just be the same old /v/ with twice the pages, but awkwardly split between two boards over some arbitrary criteria and likely even worse moderation than it has currently
>>
>>353708
Because you are a flithy weeb degenerate haha
>>
>>353728
1m30 post timer wouldn't accomplish anything. /v/ is fast because it has a lot of posters, not because its posters post very frequently. Unless you made the post timer absurdly high, like 10 minutes or more high, it wouldn't really affect the average poster there.

And I think you strongly overestimate the number of "idorts" on /v/. I would honestly be surprised if even a third of the people who currently go to /v/ went to both new boards after they were made. Especially if you made a provision in rules to allow normalfag-friendly Japanese games like MGSV on Western /v/.
>>
>>353705
>And again this proposed split would only do harm
How exactly? You could keep visiting your shit board as usual. Nobody has banned retro games from /v/ after creation of /vr/.
>>
Remember when mods went full nazi behavior after /vg/ split. Best time on /v/ ever. Now make it permanent. Also make ban on /v/ to last not 3 but at least 10 days.
>>
File: trip.gif (3 MB, 608x256) Image search: [Google]
trip.gif
3 MB, 608x256
>>353731
filtered
>>
>>353728
>implement 1m30 post timers
Doubling the time didn't help /v/ or any other board, what makes you think it'll work this time?
>>
>>353755
More harsher bans the better really
>>
>>351615
>redpill
please stop using this word
>>
>>353731
Less people the more you can control things. You also need to make sure you add some wordfilters in on words the normies like to use
>>
>>353715
This has nothing to do with 8Gag. This has to do with trying to save what little is left of /v/ and trying to drive the Redditors out
>>
>>353913
ur grammer are atrocious tbqh lad
>>
File: 1447643058683.gif (443 KB, 506x516) Image search: [Google]
1447643058683.gif
443 KB, 506x516
The real problem with /v/ is the ungoldy amount of shitposting. Not a single thread is ever safe. Some dickhead has to go into every thread and antagonize people for his own sick pleasure. For example, look at any Bloodborne thread posted. And what about that Witcher 3 autist who spams all his photoshopped pics and graphs and strawpolls? Shitposting will always be there, but it needs to be lessened by about 10000% of /v/. It's only "decent" after about 11pm Eastern Time Zone.
>>
>>354534
We just need a lot more mods on that board. It's worse because it's a very popular board, but the number of mods does not seem proportionate to its popularity. I think it would be smart to redirect some mods from the slower boards like /u/ and /s/, and have them patrol /v/.
>>
The problem with /v/ is the people who post on /v/. All of them. They're petulant manchildren. The board has gone through nearly seven years of flavor-of-the-season "fixes" while remaining the same shitpile it is.
>>
>>354541
No.
You need a userbase that reports.
But you're /v/ so that's a lost cause anyway
>>
>>354586
But /v/ and /tv/ are my main boards, and I never shitpost on /v/. I just report all the shitposts and actually try to discuss games.
>>
Anything that splits off and marginalizes mainstream games is a plus for /v/ and all of it's related video game boards. I'm sorry but the people who are attracted to anything popular within the gaming world on this site are just pure fucking shit. I wish we didn't have to go this route but I see no other way.

/tv/ is in the same boat but I guess that's for another thread.

4chan as a whole needs to start dealing with the fact that A LOT of people with shit senses of humor are coming to these boards in droves. No matter where they're posting, something they all share in common is a love for repetitious jokes and driving their epic memes into the ground. Maybe this says more about the internet in 2015 as a whole but either way 4chan needs to deal with it. Diversification of the boards is the best solution.
>>
>>354656
Also to add to this, and back up sensible anons like >>354534 who know the true problem lies in the shitposting, a /pc/ board would do wonders. Most of the shitposting is perpetuated by PC users who take every opportunity to troll and instigate console wars.
>>
>>352808
Was with you until /pol/ racial bullshit. Fuck off.
>>
Why is everyone pretending like /v/ hasn't been shit for like 8 years now?
>>
>>354722
Because /v/ hasn't been shit for an 8 year period.

These problems are bubbling up now because /v/ is in the process of having possibly its worst year as an entire board and moot was replaced by Hiroyuki. Most boards have gotten sick of /v/'s majority of shitty posters by this point.
>>
>>351639
e-celeb shit or games "journalism" shit should just garner permabans for OPs and anybody who posts in the threads
>>
>>354788
I'm just playing devil's advocate here, keep that in mind:

How is someone on youtube actively discussing video games on top of video game footage NOT video game related?

is it possible you simply do not like people who make these sorts of videos and thus don't want it on a board you frequent?
>>
>>354792
Discussing game footage from upcoming and released games is different than talking about e-celebs and "games journalism". Those are frequently filled with shitposts and whining about how the game industry is shit now. Last year's happenings really ruined a lot of things, even though this industry was trending this way for many years now.

We could make an entire board to contain all of those things because they really do reduce the quality of the board and "video game culture" has become a large thing almost independent from playing and discussing games.
>>
>>354817
Specifically what is wrong with youtube/twitch threads. Everything you mentioned applies to "games journalism" posts.
>>
>>354820
Because it very quickly stops being about video games and more about the people themselves and what non-video game related things they do, with video games merely being a backdrop to keep it from getting excised off the board.
>>
>>354788
what if they were all just moved to /trash/
>>
>>354826
So your main complaint is the threads go off-topic.

Should I point out other widely accepted threads that also go off topic?
>>
>>354656
We have no choice now. /v/ must split and we must diversfy 4chan. The issie being that people don't want this place to be like Reddit. They feel as though more boards=More like Reddit, which is bullshit. Hiro is already on record saying he wants more boards now. Sp splitting /v/ would be very beneficial in the long run.

>>354541
Its not happening. No matter how many you bring on it doesn't matter. Its just way too much for anyone to moderate properly

>>354769
That's why /v/ is called /v/eddit now by everyone else. The rest of the site are sick of /v/ and /tv/ at this point. They want something done and soon
>>
Why can't we just shut down /v/ for a short period of time and see how something like that works? A split won't get rid of the terrible users overflowing into other boards and making them worse.
>>
>>354833
>we need to split and diversfy 4chan by making more boards that cover less topics
Don't be a retard, we don't need hugboxes

Splitting /v/ to /wv/ and /jv/ wont do fuck all, because the main reason, most users will use both. So, you are just adding a extra board with the same userbase and traffic. The only thing that will occur with time is the west vs mentality will grow, but the shitposting won't decrease. You need to cull the userbase to fix the problem. Board splits aren't needed and don't fix problems, its only avoiding them and pretending they aren't there

Your the sort of person who probably thinks things like /a/ need to become /ma/ - Manga /a/ - Anime /ra/ - Retro Anime/ /sa/ - seasonal anime
>>
>>354769
>because /v/ is in the process of having possibly its worst year as an entire board
You obviously wasn't there for 2011-2013 /v/
>>
>>354835
>delete /v/
>it's terrible users flood every other board
gr8 plan m8
>>
>>354909
Uh, 2008 was the worst. It was just a cesspit of people bitching about portal memes, tf2 bullshit, and off-topic posting.
>>
>>351615
How about we make a /pcg/ board and solve 80% of the problems with this shithole
>>
For all the bullshit that /a/ spouts about "board culture" they sure as hell don't wanna respect ours.

If you're so butthurt about the way /v/irgins do things, then go find another website to talk about video games on, rather than trying to fuck up our board.
>>
>>354953
Say what you want about /a/ but atleast their topics are about the subject in question

/v/ is nothing but off-topic and shitposting
YOu can't even make a thread about a game without some redditor chiming in about FPS or "whens the PC port?!"
>>
>>354953
Probably because /v/ doesn't even have board culture. Its just shitpost as hard and fast as you can, defend reddit and post nothing but offtopic. If thats its culture, its better off being deleted
>>
>>354957
>Say what you want about /a/ but atleast their topics are about the subject in question
On-topic shitposts are not ACTUALLY better than offtopic threads.

>/v/ is nothing but off-topic and shitposting
Nope. /v/ is mostly on-topic these days, which you'd know if you spent any amount of time there.

>YOu can't even make a thread about a game without some redditor chiming in about FPS or "whens the PC port?!"
That's trolling, but again, it's on-topic.

>>354961
>Probably because /v/ doesn't even have board culture. Its just shitpost as hard and fast as you can, defend reddit and post nothing but offtopic.
That's ignorant as all hell. /v/'s culture is moderately aggressive, and I agree that we take the whole "EVERYTHING SUX" shtick way too far, but the problem with /v/ is that the culture is too strong. Still, at least we're capable of recognizing our faults, unlike /a/ who thinks their shitposts are liquid gold.
>>
>>354891
No he probably a person who thinks that /cartoons/ needs to be split to /a/ and /co/. It wouldn't really work with /v/, but as far as I've seen nobody really advocates for creation of /wv/ and majority of people who want split would be alright with creation of /jv/ and leaving /v/ as it is.

>>354953
>>354994
Calm down, nobody wants to take your shithole away, /v/edditor.
>>
>>354994
>Nope. /v/ is mostly on-topic these days, which you'd know if you spent any amount of time there.
Yeah the bad thing is the offtopic threads always get the most replies to stay on the frontpage.
>>
>>354820
Take a look at the speed run general on /vg/.
That is your typical stream, letsplay and twitterdrama disucssion is about.
>>
File: 1327645222073.jpg (428 KB, 800x611) Image search: [Google]
1327645222073.jpg
428 KB, 800x611
>>353755
Yes I remember. Nothing but videogame threads everywhere. The few culture kids crying were instantly purged. It was perfect, the promised land. But for some unholy reason moot deicded to cave in to the kids demanding to keep shiting on the floor.
>>
File: 1447795198122.gif (1008 KB, 271x226) Image search: [Google]
1447795198122.gif
1008 KB, 271x226
>>355038
They're discussing the players and the games. Oh no, what a tragic use of internet.
>>
/v/ needs to be split into a board for pure video games, and a board for the terrible culture surrounding them, e-celebs, journalism, memeshit and whathave you.
>>
>>355136
This is the only acceptable and sane choice if a /v/ split is to occur. Except, the non-/v/ needs to be a april /fur/ day
>>
Praying Hiro fixes his internet
>>
File: Ondore.jpg (65 KB, 462x656) Image search: [Google]
Ondore.jpg
65 KB, 462x656
>>355009
>Calm down, nobody wants to take your shithole away, /v/edditor.
Damn it, you discovered my shameful secret! I am truly a transplant from reddit!
>>
>>355167
>p-please notice me Hiro...
>>
Go to back to leddit if you want your hugbox, dweeb
>>
>>355269
Sounds ironically from someone who's alright with /r/gaming of 4chan.
>>
>>355290
What makes you think /r/gaming isn't the /v/ of reddit?
>>
Hiro please hurry back soon
>>
Splitting /v/ into eastern and western games sounds like the most retarded idea ever, mostly because there's no reason for them to be split.

I mean the East vs West threads are pretty plentiful and can get annoying, but it's really a non issue imo.

A console and PC gaming split would be far more beneficial.
>>
>>355321
>A console and PC gaming split would be far more beneficial.
This right here.
>>
>>355321
>Splitting eastern and western cartoons sounds like the most retarded idea ever, mostly because there's no reason for them to be split.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.