[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Americans feel safer owning a gun in a country in which everybody
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: gun_free.gif (4 KB, 210x210) Image search: [Google]
gun_free.gif
4 KB, 210x210
Why Americans feel safer owning a gun in a country in which everybody can own a gun, bad people included? I mean, in other countries people live in the countryside by themselves and the most dangerous thing they own is a dog. And burglaries statistics are better, and they feel safe. Do Americans actually know what feeling safe means?
>>
>>564503
Most Americans only take their guns out to a range and shoot at clay targets flying by. Nor do they carry the damn things with them everywhere, those that do are usually the ones with a job that requires them to be armed while on the clock. It doesn't really matter if guns are illegal or not because violent crime does not really need guns. Other countries don't have as many people living in them as the US and in the countryside there is a lot less people in a given area. Not to mention the wild animals and love for game that a lot of meat eaters have.
>>
>>564503
Why do third worlders post here? Are you too stupid to make your own websites? Or does president for life big chief ooga booga not let you?
>>
just lurk /pol/, and I'm sure this thread will pop up a few dozen times a day.
>>
>>564585
What does that have anything to do with this thread?
>>
>>564585
Wow now third world is everywhere outside the USA lol get a passport
>>
>>564622
What happened to the second world?
>>
File: 1465616500257.png (157 KB, 324x406) Image search: [Google]
1465616500257.png
157 KB, 324x406
Why do Europeans enjoy beheadings and muslim/Somalian semen so much?
Is the submissiveness genetic?
>>
r/4chan here
monitoring this thread for potential upvote material
>>
>>564541
Well even in a small European country you can live like 1 hour away from civilization, and if you name hunters, they get hunting permits after passing a mental exam. If you are not a hunter there's no point in having a gun as far as I see it.
>>
>>564626
Ask it in a new post, you may find mindblowing conclusions
>>
>>564626
शौचालय में गंदगी
>>
>>564626
>the world is America and Europe
You braindead fucks are walking stereotypes, I swear.

>>564633
Americans want guns in the same way that stupid people want massive TV sets.
>>
>>564633
In most European countries, you're closer to Paris than many parts of America are to civilization.
>>
>>564648
Who are you quoting? I was merely asking a question that was related to the topic.
Please calm yourself.
>>
>>564658
If you live 1 or 10 hours away from a police station it doesn't really matter, I guess that 1h later you'll be dead anyway.
>>
>>564722
Average response time in a big city is still 20 minutes longer than it would take for someone to gut you, dig through your pockets, and casually walk away.
On top of that, the police have no duty to protect you, only a duty to arrest the criminal. They may choose to protect you, and we can safely say that they will choose to do so most of the time, but they aren't actually obligated to do so. Same deal with hostage situations. They can legally let every hostage in a place die with no repercussions, because they have no duty to protect. Multiple supreme court cases have upheld this ruling.
As long as the police don't have to protect you and probably won't make it in time anyway, there's no justification for not protecting yourself.
>>
>>564503
>everybody can own a gun, bad people included?

This is why. You answered your own question
>>
>>564503
Cause most americans aren't gangsters. Where most of the shootings in their country come from. Gangs are really just more advanced tribes. With tribal warfare and everything. Look at the fine example of Chicago.

http://heyjackass.com
>>
>>564503
Because I want to protect myself from people who want to use there weapons illegally.
To take away the weapon only gives it to the person with ill-intent
>>
>>564503
>everybody can own a gun, bad people included
You say that like criminals don't ever get guns in countries where gun ownership is outlawed.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.