[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point are we supposed to stop supporting homeless vets?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: homeless veterans.jpg (31 KB, 553x369) Image search: [Google]
homeless veterans.jpg
31 KB, 553x369
Yeah whenever I see these stories about homeless vets, I don't have sympathy. There are too many services out here for vets for them to be homeless. Many of them get special treatment during the hiring process. There are veteran only job fairs. All kinds of things. If they are homeless that's on them.
>>
>>55565672
>I fought for our country
>When I came back home I wasn't treated like a war hero
>I shouldn't need to work anymore a day in my life
that's why it happens
>>
>>55565672
>join army because you don't have any other real option
>also the commercials look cool
>your nation sends you to durka land
>jihad is ducks your shit up, your legs won't work now
>get back home, told to go get benefits it's easy
>40 mile limit
>month long waiting lines for benefits
>meanwhile you can't work because of no degree + illness
>so no fucking money
>no fucking place to put down as am address for benefits
>don't have insurance either
>only choice is homelessness

Tip top bait op
>>
>>55565672
>I'm a veteran because my cardboard sign says so
>gib pls
Please don't fall for this.
>>
File: veterans job fair.jpg (33 KB, 520x262) Image search: [Google]
veterans job fair.jpg
33 KB, 520x262
>>55565817
>meanwhile you can't work
>>
>>55565672
kill yourself
>>
>>55565672
>be my mom
>join military during Vietnam era
>get sexually harassed/assaulted
>c.o.'s turn their heads because of the times
>leave military with actual ptsd(not twitter induced)
>work for a few decades
>anxiety and mental issues worsen
>shitty military leg surgery starting to give (rods and plates in the leg)
>economy tanks
>son who lives in his truck has to support you because the federal government cant keep track of its own finances let alone provide for its own
>be homeless

>cant work or get assistance because according to people like you "its super easy"

>have to live in a shelter with crack-heads and meth addicts

So easy to get help, that's right.
>>
>>55565672
>There are too many services out here for vets for them to be homeless. Many of them get special treatment during the hiring process.

A lot of vets suffer from PTSD.
And don't kid yourself--it's a real thing.
I have known vets who literally could not sit in a room with other people. Stop being an insensitive asshole.
>>
>>55566611
so a few decades go by and she didn't treat her shit? Again, at what point is society supposed to continue taking care of her? A few decades? Come on now.
>>
File: image.jpg (5 KB, 219x93) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5 KB, 219x93
>tfw "refugees" are given luxurious homes but homeless vets get nothing
>>
>>55566611
>be immigrant
>enter u.s. Illegaly
>free money
>free housing
>easy work
>free food
>free phone
>driver license
Just fuck my country up
>>
Most homeless are mentally ill. Kind of hard to keep a job when your brain is fucked up from watching your buddies get blown into giblets because durkas didn't want them stealing their oil.
>>
>>55566685
She took care of herself in those times, providing for her kids, paying rent through the shit economy.

And yes, I do think society should have an obligation to take care of those who provided military service for their country if they've fallen on hard times, much more so than say a politician or something.
Provided they can pass a drug screening and show proof they are unable to work
>>
>>55566735

>Free money

Why are all stormfag right wing faggots almost play this card, this is not true, there is no such thing as free money, and if you think it's real, no wonder immigrants steals your fucking jobs coz they sure as shit know that it ain't.
>>
>>55566959
>there is no such thing as free money,

That's the point you dumb frog.
Why should taxpayers support foreign leeches over actual Americans who sacrificed for this country?
>>
>>55565672
Most of the homeless, vets or otherwise, have mental issues or drug problems that make them incapable of using the programs in place to assist them. It's why Trump is putting so much emphasis on mental health care in his VA reform plan and his health plan overall.
>>
>>55566959
You're right, free to them I should say, the money has to be taken from my taxes first though.
>>
>>55566959
>frenchie calls me rightwing stormfag
>be native American and Italian
I couldn't be a stormweenie if I wanted to
(protip: They're faggots)
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1575x2088) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1575x2088
>join army
>have a job
>leave army
>no job

Maybe stick with your job? No offense of course . If I left my job I wouldn't complain about not finding a job

That being said, most of these people are probably mentally ill. They should be put into some kind crazy person housing
>>
>>55566866
>service to their country

KEK
E
K
>>
Why are Vets so lazy?
>>
>>55566560
Do you not actually understand the concept of injury?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.