[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Donald Trump becomes president how would that affect his personal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: trump1.jpg (25 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
trump1.jpg
25 KB, 500x327
If Donald Trump becomes president how would that affect his personal life?

Are there any laws regarding businessmen becoming president?

I imagine that Trump could use his political position to say, increase his profits and lower the taxation that he has to pay. Are there any safeguards against presidents using their position to become a lot wealthier?
>>
If trump wins i get glorious wall, if bernie wins i get crippling college debt for my shit biology degree from an out of state institution payed off and i wont have to eventually kill myself to escape it. win-win if you ask me
>>
>>55551535
>believing politician's campaign promises
lol. Neither of those things will happen
>>
>>55551459
>If Donald Trump becomes president how would that affect his personal life?
Depends on if the economy improves or not.
>Are there any laws regarding businessmen becoming president?
No. The requirements to be President are clearly spelled out in the Constitution.
"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."
and
"Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—'I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.'"
>I imagine that Trump could use his political position to say, increase his profits and lower the taxation that he has to pay. Are there any safeguards against presidents using their position to become a lot wealthier?
An entire Congress who writes the laws is the safeguard. The President cannot unilaterally award government contracts to himself or change the tax code. It has to be written by the House of Representatives, passed in the House of Representatives, sent to the Senate, agreed upon by the Senate, passed by the Senate, and only then can it be signed by the President.

Did you not watch this in elementary school?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFroMQlKiag
>>
>>55551854
Save the knowledge friend, remember the group of people you're talking to.
Trump is the god-king-emperor-senpai-master.
>>
>>55551854
All this said, Presidents can use their office to push issues important to particular special interest groups with the promise of getting benefits from those groups after they leave office. A recent example of this was with Bill Clinton. He left office and founded the Clinton Foundation to fund raise for supposedly charitable work, but almost none of the money is actually used for charity. He also gave speeches at businesses and universities for around $500,000 per speech after leaving office. Obviously no one actually thought it was worth paying $500,000 to listen to him speak. This was his reward for doing their business when he was President and continuing to use his influence afterward to push their agenda.
>>
File: 1408674737343.png (419 KB, 630x618) Image search: [Google]
1408674737343.png
419 KB, 630x618
>>55551854
Thank you! There's this SJW girl who keeps saying "Trump would never actually go through with it, because he would have to give up all his companies and billions of dollars to be President".

I just let it go at the time, since she seemed to be implying that being rich is more important than being President of the mutha fuckin' United States of America.
>>
>>55551459
He's already planning to step down and let his kids manage his companies. He's not getting any younger so this bid for president is the perfect time to take a step back from the business world while still adding to his legacy and brand.
>>
>>55552154
Your SJW friend clearly has no idea how wealthy Kennedy, Washington, Jefferson, the Roosevelts, and other Presidents have been. JFK was, in theory, the wealthiest, but he died before the equivalent to billions today were actually in his name. Washington was also extremely wealthy after the war, despite having hard financial times earlier in life. His wealth was almost entirely in the form of land, of which he owned vast amounts.
>>
I love that recently he was slamming Obama for all the vacations he takes and stated that taking all those holidays while you are the president is bullshit because you have very important work to do in a limited time and rest assured he would be too busy working to do that, or at least not show it off if he did have to take a break.
>>
>>55551459
>implying people already in the govt dont exploit the shit out of laws to get wealthy
>>
>>55551459
it would be funnier
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.