[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Anthropology worth studying what about Archeology. Anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (857 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
857 KB, 500x750
Is Anthropology worth studying what about Archeology. Anything regarding humanities?
>>
dont waste your parents money you ungrateful sonuvabitch
>>
>>74264793

>anthropology
Definitely not a group of people you want to get mixed up with. SJW cucks all the way down.
>>
>>74264793
People like to mix up Anthropology a lot. There are four major subdivisions in anthropology
>Linguistic
>Physical/biological
>Cultural
>Archaeology
Cultural anthropology is a SJW cuckfest. Linguistic anthropology is pretty decent but you might as well just go for a regular ol' linguistics degree and specialize from there. Physical/biological anthropology is pretty based and forces you to be objective. Archaeology is similar to physical/biological in the sense that there is a tiny bit of SJW cuckery but that's only on the surface level. Unfortunately the last two also happen to be where a lot of the clickbait stuff on
>le race is a social construct
and other stuff like that gets thrown around. Any decent physical/biological anthropologist or archaeologist cringes at that kind of stuff. Sure most of them are left leaning but not nearly the same kind of shit that you find in cultural anthropology.
t. Anthropology major
>>
>>74264793
Archaeology sounds great, until you realize this: you will spend most of your time time at an educational institution like a museum or a university either looking for funding, or inventorying artifacts. If there is someone gracious enough to give you even 50% of your needed funding, you will go out to a dig with outdated equipment that's likely to be some burial mound and you will spend most of the day on your knees in the dirt finding nothing.

If you just want to understand history, you're better off leisurely reading.
>>
>>74265589
Also refer to: >>74265613
Funding is a major issue and 90% of the work will be desperately trying to get grants and some teaching/being an aid sprinkled in.
>>
>humanities

You're an unredeemable cuck.
>>
>>74265078
>>74264793
People think anthropology is some sort of leftist sociology equivalent. Don't listen to them. They apparently don't realize that the relativistic sort of "cultural anthropology" they have in mind doesn't exhaust the field. A lot of anthropology is perfectly respectable and as objective as any hard science, (i.e. physical anthropology).
>>
>>74264793
Anthropology is rather cucked
I would suggest studying sociology over anthropology
Much more relatable to reality
Makes you understand a lot of stuff
>>
That's a shame. I was reading the Wikipedia
article for cultural anthropology yesterday and was thinking it sounded cool. Didn't realize it was just a lead up to exhortations to check my privilege.
>>
File: 1458021005850.jpg (49 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1458021005850.jpg
49 KB, 500x667
>tfw right wing anthropologist and have no suitable face for this.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.