[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FREEDOM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7
File: unnamed (9).jpg (39 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (9).jpg
39 KB, 512x288
LAND OF THE FREE

>U.S. Soccer Federation bans headers for young kids

No more headers.

>That's the latest ruling from the United States Soccer Federation for players age 10 and under. The initiative is part of new safety guidelines issued Monday by the group, which also announced the resolution of a lawsuit filed last year by parents.

>From now on, young players in the organization's teams and academies will be banned from heading the ball - meaning when a soccer ball comes sailing at them during practice or a game, they may not use their heads to keep it in play.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-soccer-bans-younger-kids-from-headers/
>>
>>55427275
Who gives a flying fuck about football.
>>
Kids are pussies, headers are fun.
>>
>>55427275
>>55427368
Four of the UK's five most valuable futbol clubs

>Manchester City F.C.
>Owner
>City Football Group (Founders Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Khaldoon Al Mubarak)
>Chairman
>Khaldoon Al Mubarak

>Chelsea F.C.
>Owner
>Roman Abramovich
>His family is Jewish. Abramovich is a chairman of the Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia (which is allied with Putin's administration)

Even Putin is keked

>Manchester United F.C.
>Co-chairmen
>Joel and Avram Glazer
>Glazer was born to a Jewish family

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glazer_ownership_of_Manchester_United

>Liverpool F.C.
>Chairman
>Tom Werner
>Werner was born to a Jewish family
>>
Well that's good, it'll probably keep the kids from living a lifetime of dives and crocodile tears.
>>
that's a good thing though

Concussions caused by sports injuries are becoming a dangerous and widespread medical problem as numerous studies link them to brain damage and nerve diseases later in life.
>>
>>55427275

You underestimate how little most Americans care about soccer. Literally only Mexican people play.
>>
>>55427275
>OMG
>MUH FREEDOMS
>HOW DARE THEY TRY TO REDUCE BRAIN DAMAGE IN CHILDREN
>SO WHAT IF EVIDENCE PROVES THE LINK BETWEEN HEADBUTTING BALLS REGULARLY AND BRAIN DAMAGE?
>MMMMMUUUUUHHHHH FFFRRRREEEEDDDDDOOOOMMMMMSSSSSS!!
>>
>>55427275
>meanwhile in American football several teens still die every year
Nobody cares about soccer/football in the US, it's all about football.
>>
Wouldn't trying to move your head out of the way of a speeding ball and possibly having it hit the fleshy part in the back of your head be less efficient than having it hit straight on against the most reinforced part of your body, the forehead?
>>
>>55427467
What absolute bullshit. There's a reason the term "soccer mom" comes from America. How can you know so little about your own country, you fucking retard.
>>
>>55427537
Supposedly the number of people in high school playing football is dropping
>>
>>55427582
chill bro let us get brain damage from headers, ive probably taken close to 10 thousand and i can still breath fine are you saying im dumb because your far from wrong and no i didnt use the incorrect form of you're i have brain damage
>>
>caring about kid's divegrass
cmon now
>>
>>55427582
You do realize that's a term for moms with kids under ten
>>
>>55427564
This. Kids don't know how to head the ball, the only purpose headong at their age is to prevent the ball from smacking their face. What's going to happen if they head the ball?
>>
>>55427582
Little kids play soccer. It's cheap and the kids don't understand real sports yet. They quickly grow out of it.
>>
>>55427275
Did none of you play spickick as a kid because there have already been somewhat ridiculous safety regulations in youth soccer for years (no slide tackles, can't kick the ball while on the ground, no high kicking, etc.)
>>
Brian McBride had the best statement on the matter.

Teach them to do it correctly and there will be less injuries.

Bad move.

Soccer will be a top 3 sport in our lifetimes. Baseball is dying, and American football is losing appeal as we learn more about how dangerous it is.

Kids are regularly being debilitated and dying playing football. It will go away unless they remove the pads and change the freedom with which you're allowed to make tackles.

I played all of the American sports at a high level throughout my youth, except for football-only played in high school.
>>
File: Fish.jpg (10 KB, 137x130) Image search: [Google]
Fish.jpg
10 KB, 137x130
>America is already behind in terms of player development in football due to child labor laws with teenagers
>Now legitimately cannot do one of the major things needed to do in the sport due to MUH CONCUSSIONS

And they wonder why the world considers the MLS to be a joke when the home grown players aren't good and very few players have gone on to play oversees
>>
>>55427742
It's the 2nd favorite sport amongst kids 23 and younger.

If will surpass your expectations for popularity, get used to it.
>>
lol like this is even enforceable at all.
>>
>>55427899
>soccer is popular with kids 23 and younger

You got that right
>>
>>55427952
That's the next generation. It's popularity goes up as the sample group is younger.

Just deal with it. Do you not want America to dominate another sport and piss off the rest of the world?

I live in Texas and get to listen to every overweight fatass that was a 2nd of 3rd string player on their high school football team tell me how it's a game for pussies.

The NFL isn't going anywhere soon, but soccer is on the up and up. It will surpass hockey and either the NBA or Baseball depending on the trends.
>>
File: sports preferences.png (32 KB, 611x556) Image search: [Google]
sports preferences.png
32 KB, 611x556
>>55427899
>It's the 2nd favorite sport amongst kids 10 and younger.
Fixed.
No self-respecting adult has ever or will ever follow soccer beyond half-heartedly supporting the USA in the World Cup out of patriotism. It's an irrelevant sport, just because you and your effeminate friends like to go to a Sounders game after your manicures and wine tasting doesn't mean it will ever gain legitimate traction here.
>>
>>55427275
Who gives a shit about povertyball
>>
>>55427275
When I first heard about soccer, I thought it was people was people socking each other. But that's not what it is at all.
>>
>>55427467
Soccer fans are fooled by its current popularity with hipsters. They don't understand in a year or two the hipsters will move on to loving something like lacrosse or netball. They mistakenly believe the general public has 'finally come around' to embrace their boring sport.
>>
>>55427617
Participation in contact sports in general is declining.
>>
>>55428162
>Sounders

I bet you live in Seattle and are ass mad people go to games.

Sounders fans are the biggest group of faggots in the league, and they're hated by every other MLS fan.

Cool memes brah. You sound like every fat ass I get to laugh at when I watch games at the bar.

You make fun of my well kept hair, groomed beard, and clothes that fit my /fit/ body.

Joke's on you fatty. I'm more likely to redpill your friends and the general public, while also more likely to get laid(sometimes with your own girlfriend).

Do you know what it's like to be attractive and cosmopolitan and be able to intelligently articulate /pol/ tier ideals and actually sway one's opinion? I'm willing to bet not.

Enjoy your petty insults. I'll enjoy my Sunday Men's league games and watching a sport I like.
>>
>>55427275

Well we all know who won't be heading towards the next world cup now, it's a no brainer despite this going all over my head.
>>
>>55428101
Regular soccer is like any woman's sport. Little skill, followed by fags and retards and is full of pansies who fake injuries.
>>
>>55428162
https://youtu.be/PKQhHAtsFvM

These poles have no self respect, and are clearly effeminate men :^)
>>
>>55428515
I bet you got offered a spot at bradenton but turned it down because you had a budding Football career right?

I always hear this from the unathletic fatties that hate things they don't like, they never take me up on the challenge to prove it.
>>
>>55428431
>well kept hair
>groomed beard
>self-described "cosmopolitan"
Yep, you're a povertyball fan alright. Be honest, "Sunday Men's league" is a euphemism for you and your friends sucking each other off, isn't it?
>>
>>55428489
>who won't be heading towards the next world cup now
You choke-artist dutchfags? All your good players are retiring and being replaced with shitters.
>>
File: atlapollos1X.png (555 KB, 777x581) Image search: [Google]
atlapollos1X.png
555 KB, 777x581
>>55427899
>If will surpass your expectations for popularity, get used to it.
Soccer fags have been whining that shit since the 1970s. Soccer has brief spurts of 'popularity' when it rises to the level of golf and tennis but then dies back down. If Trump wins, soccer will quickly go back the eighth or ninth most popular sport. If Yeb or another internationalist wins, it will still die but more slowly. No one but new Hispanic immigrants and skinny jean wearing fags care about it.
>>
>>55427275
This only perpetuates soccer players who are terrible at heading and thus more head injuries in the future for those who continue to play at more competitive levels. This is why we suck at soccer
>>
>>55428636
Yeah totally man. You caught me.

What /pol/ fails to understand, is that being a slovenly fatass that's angry at the world at all time denigrates your position. You have to fight fire with fire. Get in shape, dress well, be attractive. People will listen to you more often than not.

Stop being a fat sack of unattractive shit.
>>
>>55427582
Why the fuck are we getting btfo by New Zealand? Kill yourself
>>
File: 1540245.jpg (29 KB, 339x280) Image search: [Google]
1540245.jpg
29 KB, 339x280
>>55427275
>tfw I kicked a ball at a kid's face when I was ten and he got a bloody nose
If he knew how to head the ball this wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>55428720
If you're saying that you only like soccer and the "cosmopolitan" lifestyle for the sake of social capital to further your redpilling efforts I can respect that.

But since you referred to it as a sport you genuinely enjoy I'm going to have to conclude that you're being genuine with the rest of your antics as well. Which just makes you a really big fag.
>>
We still btfo most countries in the olympics and national games so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>55427275
Who fucking cares?

Soccer is for women and retards
>>
>>55428515
>Little skill
kek. At least do a decent job if you want to shitpost
>>
>>55428827
We still do better than like all but 8-12 countries in soccer. Most shitholes don't even make it to the world cup.
>>
>>55428815
If sports didn't overlap seasons in High School I would have lettered in all of the major sports. I'm athletic and could probably out play you in each and every major sport, but because soccer is my favorite sport I'm a fag. Okay.

Irrationally hating something because you don't understand it and/or are bad at it, decreases your own social capital at all levels.

If you're going to go into the "hurr diving" nonsense, you don't know shit about any sport or are some mma fag that probably regularly wears tapout gear.
>>
>>55428621
Actually college lacrosse, but nice projecting there tubbs
>>
only faggots, mexicans, and middle class white girls play soccer in america. it's barely even a sport
>>
>>55428846
>who fucking cares

the entire world? football is the most played and payed sport in the world
>>
>>55427275

This sounds like something you'd hear out of UK's Health and Safety regs.
>>
>>55428937
3rd world children who are malnourished can play povertyball, there isn't any skull to be found.
>>
>>55429029
Well go prove your soccer prowess chief. Go light up your local Men's league because it's so easy.

If it's so easy you probably should have stuck with it and made max money, because it's clear there's more money in a pro soccer career than lax
>>
>>55429151
I didn't because I'm not a homosexual.
Plus, I don't think you should be trying to type so much fatty. Your keyboard can only take so many cheetos.
>>
>>55429199
>lacrosse
>not homosexual
I've got some bad new, m8.
>>
>football

Get this bong speak out of here. Its called Soccer you bunch of queers.
>>
>>55429003
No, you're a fag because you describe yourself as the exact type of self-obsessed, primping and preening metrosexual beta who follows soccer in the United States. You probably spend at least a quarter of your day wondering whether your hair (and beard lel) looks okay and whether you smell nice.

There is nothing inherently wrong with soccer. It's a simplistic sport, which is why it's so popular with women, children, and third worlders, but taken as a whole it's probably only slightly lower than basketball in terms of objective quality of play. The problem is people like you: the American soccer fanbase who view the sport as "cultured" or "European" and use it as an accessory to further project this image you have of yourself as a suave, wordly individual.

If you had just said you liked soccer and then explained its merits as a sport maybe I could have had some degree of respect for you, but once you launched into the thing about how you're an articulate bearded gentleman I knew you were just a typical fedoralord. So yeah, you're a fag.
>>
>>55429056
Nobody cares what you sissy faggots do in yurop
>>
>>55427440
Who gives a fuck.
>>
>>55429199
Your logic just got you in trouble friend.

You basically admitted to being moron for not doing something so easy that would have made you tons of money. Could have even got you into an Ivy league school if you were so inclined.

Nice try though :^)

It is hard to type on my phone with these Cheeto fingers, but it isn't the end of the world.

If you saw Brian McBride walking down the street, would you call him a faggot to his face or just suck his dick?
>>
I don't like "soccer" but all you Americans defending your nigger sports are hilarious.
>>
File: 1446958620911.jpg (486 KB, 1500x1001) Image search: [Google]
1446958620911.jpg
486 KB, 1500x1001
>All these soccer cry babies from the US

LEL

No one fucking cares.
>>
>>55429272
If you're saying it isn't a sport, I've already discounted your understanding of sports and athletics in general. Why would I waste time trying to explain the intricacies to someone who has already displayed their complete lack of understanding of sports and athletics in general?

I can attack this from multiple angles, you were a clear mark for the other option. I grew up with the game amongst every other sport. It's my favorite. Spend your life loving something and having to listen to ignorant people say the stupidest shit about it, and you begin to formulate different arguments for it.

Either way, point remains. Take care of yourself and be attractive. People don't like slovenly fat fucks.
>>
I hate watching this "sport" as much as the next guy, but it's so easy to play and definitely encourages kids to be competitive and active.

This is probably the reason you burgerclaps are such fat slobs, there's no recreational fitness activities available except gridiron (lel) and vigorously digging through your bag of Cheetos
>>
>>55429409
>implying spics don't make up the best of soccer stars
>>
>>55429105
>There isn't any skull to be found
You can certainly say that about concussionball
>>
>>55429493
Where did I imply that it isn't a sport? Like I said, it's very simplistic strategically and technically but it's still a sport and there's nothing inherently wrong with liking it. European fans are not insufferable faggots because European fans do not view it as anything special. It's just the sport they happen to like. American fans of the sport are people like you: people who use it as an accessory. You like telling people that you like soccer more than you actually like soccer. This is very feminine behavior, using things as social capital instead of appreciating them intrinsically. It's the same sort of feigned interest you see in "gamer girls".

>I grew up with the game amongst every other sport. It's my favorite.

This is a reasonable argument and again I could have respected you if you had just said this. Equating your love of soccer with your grooming and your fashion and your trendy beard and your brand of "cosmopolitan" narcissism, however, told me everything I needed to know about you. I don't doubt that you played soccer and enjoyed it, but I also don't doubt the reasons behind why it became your favorite and why you're so eager to tell people about how much you like it.
>>
>>55427431
This is pure and unadulterated damage control

I love it
>>
>>55429272
You just proved in this post that you haven't left the basement. Hardly anyone I know that follows soccer is a pretty boy. That might be the feeling you get from the players and your homo jealousy towards them but that's not the case for fans. That's like me saying only niggers watch basketball and football. That's simply not true
>>
>>55429526
Don't forget the glorious hotdog eating contests
>>
>>55429861
I only know 3 people who actually follow soccer and they're all like that. Also the guy I'm replying to is like that. He described himself as fucking "comsopolitan" lel

Keep whipping out as much anecdotal evidence as you need to though. I know you're desperate for some sort of "gotcha" that proves I'm a basement dweller.
>>
>>55429719
You keep generalizing me to fit within your narrative of every soccer fan. While in unashamed of being someone that takes care to always dress well and be groomed, it does not mean I'm a vacuous trend follower like you claim.

I used to be a trad skinhead that was idealistic to a fault. I learned the rules of the game and what it took to get laid and be successful in life. I'm merely playing the game, and manipulating it to my own ends.

I don't go around telling everyone I'm a soccer fan, I don't shove it in their faces. If someone asks what sports I like, it comes up. This is a thread about soccer, I don't create threads on /pol/ about soccer. Is it a surprise this is what we're talking about?

I'm not looking to garner your respect friend.

Europeans most definitely think it is the best sport in the world, I'm not sure you've left the country or encountered foreigners in real life if you don't actually know this.

I'm not even going to address your understanding and classification of soccer as a simplistic game tactically and technically, you're continuing to display your lack of understanding of sports and athletics in general. If you want a generalization, you're fitting into the average "I don't understand it, therefore it is stupid and simple."

Your needless generalizations have pretty much brought us full circle.

You hate hipster liberal soccer fans, for the most part I do as well. The real fans detest the faggots that never played, but claim expertise because they bandwagon qatarlona and ManUre, as well as foreign national teams.
>>
>>55430057
Using words like cosmopolitan tends to offend the simple minded sensibilities. I hope I didn't strike a nerve.

Is there a problem with being worldly? I credit it with furthering my understanding and bringing me to my own worldviews and conclusions.

I don't think it makes me better than anyone else who has come to the same conclusions as my own through different avenues. You're damn right I'll wield it as a weapon against people when it's called for.
>>
>>55430057
People who follow football aren't nigger or meatheads. What you're saying is not any less anecdotal. You can't see that other anon who's posting. He may be an ugly fuck. It's much more likely than being a pretty boy considering he's posting here. And again, soccer is niche so you meeting 3 guys when you don't follow the sport is not representative at all of most people.
>>
>>55430121
You cry about generalizations while spending every other post classifying anyone who dislikes soccer or its fanbase as fat and slovenly. Cute.

You seem to have completely missed the point I was making about Europeans as well. Of course they think it's the best sport in the world, it's their favorite sport. This is exactly what makes them so distinct from you and your ilk: they just like the sport because they think it's great. You like the sport because you think it will make you look cultured and quirky.

Some sweet irony in that last sentence about hating the "hipsters" because they're not "real fans". See if you can puzzle out what's wrong with that one. At the end of the day I don't see anything here to refute my perception of you as the typical limpwristed femboy that most soccer fans are. But hey, you're not looking to garner my respect, right?
>>
>>55428396
>>55427467
Most played sport among kids and teens. Future generation will play and watch soccer
>>
>>55430363
Again, your projecting your generalization upon me-assuming I like the sport because it makes me appeared cultured.

Okay buddy. Have at it.

I never said all people that dislike soccer are fat.

In my experience, the loudest opponents of the game are the most unathletic slovenly people I've come across.

Your last part is more of the same thing that I mentioned at the beginning of this post. Your assuming I like the sport because it's cool. I don't get up at 8am on Sunday morning hungover to go play soccer because it's the cool thing to do. I do it because I love to play.
>>
>>55430588
I'm assuming these things because the very first post you made in response to me was, like I said, equating your love of soccer to all the grooming and preening that you take pride in with your metrosexual lifestyle. It's pretty obvious that you view it as another trendy little accessory, another interest or -ism that you can add to the cute little personality outfit that you show off to your friends.

And like I told the other guy, the people who I've met that are proponents of soccer were hipster pussies, so I guess my generalizations of you are sound based on your own logic of generalizing the anti-soccer crowd. Only difference is you've also given me reasons via your own description of yourself to support this perception. I don't know how you can make generalizations based on my appearance or interests because I haven't even brought up anything unrelated like that. For one thing because it's completely anecdotal, but mostly because I don't equate my feelings about soccer to a fashion statement like you seem to.
>>
>>55427275
Why not just give them helmets to wear then?
>>
>>55427275
Literally one of the first things kids are taught about defence is don't let the ball bounce.

Enjoy never winning the world cup. Ever.

inb4 you don't care. Yes you do.
>>
>>55430950
>if I keep saying the same thing it must be true

Like I said okaybro.jpg

I provided an anecdotal example of the most vocal opponents, and did not say all.

In any case, come play if it is so easy and filled with limp wristed femboys.

Enjoy your projections :^)
>>
>>55431210
>Literally one of the first things kids are taught about defence is don't let the ball bounce.
Over here it's not even learned and practiced it's just something that's said. No one's taught how to head and you don't actually see kids doing it til high school.
>>
>>55431503
17 minutes to make that shit ass post lel you must be fuming

I'm done now though, there's nothing more to say.
>>
File: American-Football-V-Rugby.jpg (65 KB, 930x799) Image search: [Google]
American-Football-V-Rugby.jpg
65 KB, 930x799
>>55431001
Oh America. Why are your boys so fragile and dainty. No wonder they're all growing up to be trannies.
>>
>>55431573
this is accurate
>>
>>55427275
>kids under ten

i really see no issue here

at that age, the game is about physical activity, socializing and learning teamwork. kids don't start doing real training til they're 12ish anyway, unless you're a dirt poor favela monkey, in which case who the fuck cares.
>>
>>55427617
And the number of homosexuals is increasing.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.