[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking of joining the MarsOne thing, what do you think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: mars_gallery_habitat_8.jpg (3 MB, 4000x2250) Image search: [Google]
mars_gallery_habitat_8.jpg
3 MB, 4000x2250
I'm thinking of joining the MarsOne thing, what do you think? Would it be nice to go on Mars? I mean, 4chan might die out by than, so there is no reason to stay on earth.
>>
>>71954795
Lol that was a major scam you twat.
>>
>>71954795
>would it be nice to go to Mars?
No. Even if Mars One was legit, imagine this:
>being underwater in a tin can for 2 years
>praying to avoid a solar flare that would cook you and your ship with radiation
>landing on a frozen planet
>need to do 14 hours of labour a day to survive
>need to do bullshit experiments
>need to spend 5 hours getting ready to go outside
>living in an endless cold desert cleaning solar panels and farming in tin cans for the rest of your life
>if the smallest thing goes wrong you're in deep shit
>>
>>71955393
but you live on mars
>>
>>71955170

first post best post

>>71954795

confirmed scam, thread over
>>
I rather send microscopic bacteria to germinate the planet.
>>
>>71955474
We have no way of terraforming it with this tech.
if we could cheat the system with pollution or germs and let that cook for a few decades maybe Mars could get less hostile.
>>
>>71954795
It will be the greatest reality show ever when it happens.

A group of people locked into tin cans for years and expected to not fuck each other, not descend into barbarism, tribalism and murder and to carry out research and science at the same time all while fighting a hostile environment a million miles from home.

I'm going to get the gold subscription live stream pass.
>>
>>71954795
I love the idea of Mars colonization but MarsOne will not do it, it doesn't intend to.

Elon Musk is the soonest candidate.
>>
>>71954795
Mars is a small wandering star, not a solid planetoid. All this space conquest shit is science-fiction for the plebs, to keep you away from spirituality.
>>
>>71956296

No, it is a cube suspended in curved space. Get your facts right.
>>
>>71956296
No it is a great god of war that has been making fun of us this entire time
>>
>>71955931
Space drives you nuts. Especially when people are that far away.
>>
>>71954795
Half of the people there will be "people" of color.
Enjoy forced race-mixing
>>
>>71956486
No, it's a pepperoni on a rectangular pizza floating in milk.
>>
>>71954795
>it's another "i wonder how /pol/ would react to X" thread that could be posted on literally any other board

Fuck off with your off-topic content, nu/pol/ cuck
>>
As others have said, it was confirmed as a scam to make a reality TV show.
>>
>>71955574

Mars has no active core, everything is exposed to solar radiation and won't be able to develop.
>>
>>71955931
Just imagine if they did extensive mental health screenings and had all kinds of safeguards in place, but SOMEHOW a complete sociopath managed to slip onto the crew.

And they're patient, too. They wait years, and then slowly begin murdering the inhabitants of the Mars colony one by one.

There would be nothing we could do to stop them, aside from sending a warning message to the people who are now trapped on Mars with a murderer.

Then it goes from the greatest reality show ever to the greatest horror film ever. Billions watch from Earth while the Mars Madman bathes the red planet in red blood.

Season finale this weekend on AMC, who will die next?
>>
>>71957149
It could be a good experiment.

If this mixed society goes well, then we are wrong. But if this get wrong, they are too far from Earth that it don't matter
>>
>>71954795
Iwas supporter until i found out they just delay their "roadmap" every year.
Its obvious scam to raise money and false hopes.

Its scientific enough to lure the mediocre people even, and they have good ideas, but the actual "going to mars" part is never going to happen.

Support NASA.
>>
File: 170.jpg (111 KB, 384x514) Image search: [Google]
170.jpg
111 KB, 384x514
>>71954795
>I'm thinking of joining the MarsOne thing
good luck with that, mouth-breather
>>
Just thinking about being locked in a tiny room with no escape and no "quit" button for the rest of your life with people you might hate makes me want to have a panic attack.
>>
>>71954795

I was wondering about that whole "cant come back" thing.

If something happens and you are healthy but destined to die, would they provide a way out? Like, a hospice shot or something for when you have eaten the last ration or something with no one coming to save your ass with a supply ship?
>>
>>71955574
Basically impossible given Martian climate
>>
>>71957504
>one /pol/ack sneaks onto the crew
>they arrive at last a year later
>crew leader ordered to deploy flag and play national anthem
>plants flag, flag pops down;it's the NSDAP Swastika
>DIE FAHN HOCH DIE starts to blast
>entire crew sieg heils in syncronization
>SIEG HEIL SIEG HEIL SIEG HEIL
>Entire world aghasp, mars is claimed for the 4th riech
>contact with mars drops exactly 1 week later, no one sent there to investigate returns
>5 years roll by
>suddenly a massive fleet of nazi space ships over 40,000 strong appears in orbit around the earth
>Tactical Orbital Drop Gas Chambers deployed over israel
>SS Orbital Drop Shock Troopers steel rain around capitols around the world
>every tv screen on earth is hijacked, a voice in german plays across every TV screen in the world
>explains that the 4th reich stumbled onto the entire remaining 3rd reich nazi mars base a week after contact drop
>the signel clears
>it's Adolf hitler speakeing
>all /pol/users take up arms to support the invading nazis
>within a month all flags across all capitols fly the Swastika
>as thanks for the /pol/acks who journeyed to mars and told Hitler of how the earth presently was, the Nazis begin to experiment on sexy jeweses in concentrations camps in order to create geneticaly enegineerd catgirls for domistic ownership
>hitler's vision of Berlinis finally constructed
>the jews are wiped out
>unprecudented era of peace and success follows
>>
>>71955764
Terraforming won't be an option outside of early experiments, but that does not mean a fairly substantial colony can't be built. Underground, in domes, whatever.

The tin cans are merely a jumping off point, there won't be any point to sending people on a one way trip to mars without a longer term plan.
>>
>>71955764
Unnaground bubble cities, with major hubs located near resource veins. Connect them each with 2 sets of tracks and 2 walkways for emergencies.

It's a shit ton of work, but we wouldn't have to worry about solar radiation.

Limited solar and wind power, with a majority coming from whatever nuclear material is prevalent on Mars (uranium, thorium, etc)

Mushroom farms and hydroponics would probably be a mainstay of food for a while, until we develop cave rabbits or giant salamanders that aren't poisonous.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.