[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I always hear so much about Rhodesia and South Africa, but what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 525x525) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 525x525
I always hear so much about Rhodesia and South Africa, but what's the truth about the Belgian Congo?
>>
>>71913570

Idk if this is the truth, but I've read that it was very fucked up to live there during the Free State era (1885-1909), especially as a native. I know that this might not fit the "lol stupid nigs" narrative, but the king of Belgium essentially ran the place like a giant sweatshop... which was messed. He would essentially cut people's hands off or kill them if they didn't meet the quota. The Belgian gov't took over in 1909, then everything was slightly better.

During this period, there was a degree of segregation, apartheid, whatever the fuck you wanna call it between whites (mainly french speaking belgians) and the natives. However, unlike South Africa or the US, there was a chance for Congolese people to move up in society, being called evolues (literally evolved in french) who were allowed to live in the cities with whites.

This is where the "lol stupid nigs" part of the story comes in. There was always a Congolese resistance movement to Belgian rule, and when they finally did get independence, led by a educated Patrice Lumumba, he was assassinated and replaced by uneducated dictators who ran the country into the ground.
>>
>>71914337

*messed up
>>
>>71914337
Belgians, based as f*ck, and still under the scope.
>>
>>71914337
the belgians were not cutting people hands off. the congolese were doing it. The belgians were few and could not control the congolese.
>>
>>71913570
From bad to worse. Shit and always will be.
>>
>>71914709

>the belgians were not cutting hands off

Well, they were indirectly responsible... didn't they ordered the hands to be cut, then the FP (Force Publique) went wild and started to cut hands off, sometimes for no reason.
>>
>>71914891

*didn't they order hands to be cut off

jesus what is wrong with my spelling today
>>
>>71913570
Basically you got enough rubber for the white people or they cut your kid's hands off until you met the quota
>>
>>71914337
>>71914709
The way I heard it about the hands, was that they had very tight quotas for rubber production, and the punishment for falling below quota was to have a hand cut off. So, in order to meet the quota, the plantation boss would have to be provided with the below-quota amount of rubber, plus the equivalent number of hands to show that the punishment had been carried out to the appropriate degree. Pretty soon the locals realised it was easier just to raid a village and take all their hands than it was to farm rubber, so the production of severed human hands, which was tied to the price of rubber, went up, while rubber production went down, increasing the price of rubber and therefore the demand for more human hands. In the end the hands had been given an economic value and there was a whole economy based of severed human hands as a de facto currency.
>>
>>71915031

That makes sense. Thanks anon!
>>
Zimbabwe, officially the Republic of Zimbabwe, is a landlocked country located in Southern Africa, between the Zambezi and Limpopo rivers. It is bordered by South Africa to the south, Botswana to the southwest, Zambia to the northwest and Mozambique to the east. The capital is Harare. Zimbabwe achieved de jure sovereignty from the United Kingdom in April 1980, following 14 years as an unrecognised state under the conservative white minority government of Rhodesia, which unilaterally declared independence in 1965.
>>
>>71913570
It was a hellish slave state where the occupiers literally collected and used severed slave's hands as currency.
>>
>>71913570
>belgian congo
You mean Germany?
>>
They would be literally superpower with all those resources if white people weren't so evil savages
>>
>>71915211

kek
>>
>>71915219

Not necessarily. They could have been an superpower if uneducated fucks didn't run the country. But, nice bait.

6/10
>>
>>71913570
my grandparents were colonials, my father was born in leopoldville, ask me anything.
>>
>>71915482

What was life like in the Belgian Congo?
>>
>>71915339
>nice bait
ty
>They could have been an superpower if uneducated fucks didn't run the country.
are you sure there are any other in the natives?
>>
File: 1459667592598.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1459667592598.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
>>71915108

Come on, are you a vegan or what?

It's not like they severed humans hands.
>>
>>71915031
bascially nigs were too lazy to harvest rubber so just started choppin' hands off

the belgian congo has been greatly exaggerated in terms of "violence" and "evil whitey"

it was fucked long before the white race conquered it
>>
>>71914891
>Well, they were indirectly responsible.
Were they also responsible for the cannibalistic tribes who ate pygmies?

>didn't they ordered the hands to be cut
No they didn't. What happened was that they created a local nig police force (the force publique) and told them to collect rubber. Those nigs, being savages, were the ones who created the whole hand chopping institution. Hand chopping was a very widespread custom in Apefrica before the Belgians came, and is still widely practiced even today.
>>
>>71915528
very good until 1972, economy went to shit, mobutu blamed the remaining whites (like my grandparents) and then they had to flee (back to belgium). but in the 1950-1960's congo was highly developed for an african nation, the belgium government invested a lot in local education and infrastructure, congo even had one of the first nucleair reactors in the world. (obviously no longer operated).
>>
>>71915219
the native negroid/pygmoid population has far too low of an IQ to ever achieve that status, even if whites had never shown up.
>>
>>71915542

Well, Patrice Lumumba was reasonably educated.
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrice_Lumumba

>Raised in a Catholic family, he was educated at a Protestant primary school, a Catholic missionary school, and finally the government post office training school, passing the one-year course with distinction. Lumumba spoke Tetela, French, Lingala, Swahili, and Tshiluba.

The thing is that as soon as people in third world countries do get the fuck out and head west as soon as they get the opportunity, so retaining such individuals is a challenge.
>>
>>71915482
Are you Piet Huysentruyt?
>>
>>71915707

Ok. Makes sense. I thought that the hand chopping was a Belgian idea. My bad lol
>>
>>71915763
>Piet Huysentruyt?
what are you trying to imply ?
>>
>>71915711

interesting.
>>
>>71913570
Eternal Frog ruining things once again.
The native Congolese literally had more linguistic freedom than the Flemish.
>>
>>71915108
>>71914970
Kinda fucked up desu
>>
>>71915845

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/ggi2rhohk
>>
>>71915825
Nah, although some belgian guy "went native" and created a mini nig empire. He was the inspiration for the book "heart of darkness", which became the movie apocalypse now.
>>
>>71915977
ah ok, didn't know that
>>
File: must_also_rape.jpg (28 KB, 577x435) Image search: [Google]
must_also_rape.jpg
28 KB, 577x435
>>71915680
Basically all the whites said was 'we will pay for rubber, we want as much as possible' because at that time motor vehicles were a new thing and rubber was highly sought after commodity. After that, rather than establish a well regulated efficient rubber industry, they spend more energy chopping each other up and diminishing their ability to produce rubber because Afrika.
The thing is, outside influence gets blamed for violent savagery in Africa because any input from outside usually ends in violent savagery because that is the default African response to any stimulus.
>>
>>71916260
Correct

The "crime" of the belgians was giving Africans access to modern technology. Give a jungle nigger a gun and he will kill 10 other niggers. When the belgians created a native police force it ended in massacre.
>>
File: femalenigger.jpg (445 KB, 1024x780) Image search: [Google]
femalenigger.jpg
445 KB, 1024x780
subsaharan africa was a hellhole long before whites showed up. widespread cannibalism and violence. lots of slavery etc.. the pureblooded negroid bantu is not fully human and should be treated as an animal. i place more value on the life of a beautiful lion or rhino than a dozen "negroids"
>>
The jews enslaved negros and then blamed it on white man.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.