[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when Obama was first elected? How did you feel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 10
Where were you when Obama was first elected? How did you feel?

(this question is mostly aimed at Americans)
>>
File: 154354157.jpg (22 KB, 425x283) Image search: [Google]
154354157.jpg
22 KB, 425x283
Watching a load of protests in Iceland
Didn't give a fuck, not my nigger.
>>
Sophomore in college. I went to a small, rural Catholic university that historically had a hard time attracting ANY black students whatsoever.

This was 2008, so the SJW/anti-white movement was still forming. But my school had started shipping in niggers from NYC (my school is upstate) to get some color on campus, aside from the basketball team.

All the niggers ran around campus chanting, "Obama! Obama! Obama!" I wasn't red-pilled like I am now. I was just a normie "conservative." It rustled my jimmies. I think that was the night things started shifting for me and I realized the country I was going to inhabit for my adulthood was going to be drastically different than the one I was born into.
>>
>>71869043

Sitting in my girlfriend's (now wife's) bed in college. I was worried about senior design and third parties or independents were DOA on Election Day so I was thoroughly apathetic.
>>
File: 1461115623634.gif (4 MB, 411x390) Image search: [Google]
1461115623634.gif
4 MB, 411x390
I was in high school (age 17 or so)

I didn't really care. Couldn't vote and didn't follow the election.

I remember all the teachers packing into our library and watching a live stream of the inauguration because "muh historic first (half) black president". I could remember my ultra-cucked liberal Health teacher fucking crying lmao.

That school fucking sucked. Our principal was a confirmed lesbian and most suspected our superintendent was one too.
>>
General relief. After 8 years of Bush Jr. and an election cycle that was trying to sell Sarah Palin as a legitimate VP candidate, I was just glad that the Daily Show would have less material to work with for a while.
>>
i was 12 years old in 2008 and the only thing i remember is watching everyone in the news preaching muh first black president and then the sudden influx of newborn niggers in the poorest region being named after him. Shit like "Barack Obama Arnulfo José"
>>
I was 13 or so. My Dad is a conservative (not redpilled thought) so that naturally influenced my right winged views. I wanted McCain to win but didn't really know why I he was a good candidate. I only supported him because my Dad did. Though I still wonder how the world might have been different if McCain was elected.
>>
>>71870467
McCain as he was in 2000 was a respectable conservative. Unfortunately, by 2008 he was taking it fully up the ass from the Republican establishment. They let him keep his anti-torture stance, but that's it.

Had he been elected, I think you'd be surprised by just how little difference it would have made.
>>
>>71869043
I was actually in a Hospital, and I was salty as fuck watching it on TV. I ended up switching the channel to A Bug's Life.
>>
>>71869043
At work
"Meh, maybe international relations can finally be improved after Bush ruined it all."

Boy howdy was I wrong.
>>
Final year of school, someone told me the US had its first black president and showed me a picture. I said that he's not really black is he
>>
I was 18 i didnt vote, i didnt give a fuck. i remeber working at some Mexican restaurant watching the inauguration. but now i want trump
>>
>>71870912
>in a hospital
American education everyone
>>
>>71869043
Thought the "First Black Bresident" hype was just a meme. Didn't care.

Surprised how quickly he sold out tho
>>
I was a sophomore in highschool so I was bluepilled as fuck and happy.

Not just happy about the election, but happy in general.

Then it all went down hill.
>>
File: obo.jpg (98 KB, 575x783) Image search: [Google]
obo.jpg
98 KB, 575x783
i felt a mix of sadness and relief.

sad, because i knew he was just another centrist/corporatist who would suck the wall street and military industrial cock for the next 8 years.

relief because he kept that deluded mormon, romney out of the white house, who would have fucked things up 10x worse
>>
tbehonest I was kind of glad he was elected at first
seemed like a breath of fresh air after bush and I was still fairly young and librul still
>>
i thought it would shut the nigs up for a few years, but apparently it only made them worse.
>>
I remember how he went on tour to Yurop after being elected and all those celebrations in USA and it was as a second coming and then he came to Russia and our people were like meh whatever. And western media was like "omg russians cannot see his greatness so stupid must be russian mentality". Kek.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 199x253
18, keking in living room, I voted Johnson. Not my problem
>>
>>71872395
Western media is extremely corrupt but likes to pretend it isn't, all you see on the news here is "protests in Europe for failure to help with the refugee crisis"
>>
>>71869043
I bought into the hope and change meme. What an ass I was.
>>
>>71869043
16 at the time, didn't care about anything but games, guitar, and gym
>>
>>71869043

I was getting my 12 yo penis sucked by an old faggot murrican and he was watching a stream of the inauguration.
>>
>>71869043
Probably 4th grade
All the teachers would say is "first black president"
>>
>>71869043

Freshman in high school at the time, our AP World History put the inauguration on during class. It was snowing hard outside so I didn't particularly care I was distracted and hoping school would let out early. I remember him fucking up the oath the first time and thinking wow what a jackass and basically knew then and there what sort of president everyone had just elected: a lazy nigger that couldn't even memorize a god damned oath that's been a part of the process since Washington. Absolutely shameful for the entire country but everyone just kinda shoved it under the rug because "muh first black president".
>>
At work.

Knew I wasn't going to get a pay raise for at least four years because Dems had control of congress.

Proved to be right. 8 years and no pay raise worth speaking of (1.4% pay raise once in an 8 year period).

Fuck Dems.
>>
Senior in HS. I lived in Newark, NJ at the time. So obviously all the dindus and shindus were happy as fcuk the next day at school.
>>
>>71872730
FAGGOT
>>
>>71872598
Well so is ours, controlled be gov, all good things in Russia happen because of Putin, all bad things happed by themselves. Who would have thought.
News about outer world are more or less ok I think, still better to read news on internet.
>>
>>71869043
i wasnt old enough yo vote the first tome, but during both, i voted mccain and romney.

im actually really proud of obama. hes a good guy and a good president
>>
>>71872774
>grade 4
You have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>71869043
First election, I voted McCain
>>
I didn't care and didn't really get the implications of the election.
>>
>>71869043
I was at home and felt "country is kill" then she hiss at penis.

Despite his incompetence his election is hardly memorable for me, not in the same way that the Challenger Disaster or 9/11 was.
>>
>>71872850
why do you blame dems for your own shit performance?
>>
>>71869043
I acted happy because I wanted to fug a chocolate princess in my class.
>>
>>71869043
I was in the Navy. I was bummed, but I was also optimistic. History proved me wrong
>>
>>71869043
Cried. I'm not even kidding. I cried.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89 KB, 1280x732) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89 KB, 1280x732
Sophomore in High School in 2008.

Voted for McCain that day. Did not vote at all in 2012.

The night it happened I at there in the couch staring at the TV, and I remember thinking "the bad guys won today,". The next day at school was a complete clusterfuck, with all the black people running up and down the halls, waving Obama flags and yelling "Obama!" randomly, all fucking day. Nobody tried to stop them. Actually, I think this lasted for two or three days.

Go Trump. I've been biding my time for the past eight years for the ultimate real life shitposting revenge against these fuckwads I know.
>>
>>71869043
Hopeful I thought he would change he has changed a few things but not for the best. More war more taxes less jobs this has been my years.
>>
I was 11 years and in 5th grade.

I live around DC so my mom made me go see the inauguration
>>
I'm still rather surprised that nobody tried to assassinate him when he first become president.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEE.webm (2 MB, 836x422) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEE.webm
2 MB, 836x422
>>71871461
Underrated, but still, fuck you and your queen's english
>>
>>71873965
Don't worry, it will be the kings English soon
>>
>>71873708
>sophomore in high school
>voting
Explain yourself
>>
>>71869043
I was in my first year of college. Had a friend who was a sophomore and he and I were playing Halo 3 when it happened. Both voted McCain as the lesser of two evils, both sickened. Everyone else around celebrated and I knew it was the start of something horrible.
>>
>>71874161
I thought sophomores were in university
>>
>>71869043
I was happy I voted for him and we won. A couple years later when progressive stack showed up and rallies and shit I was immediately like what did we do.
>>
>>71874222
Typical high-school age range is 14-17, and you can't vote until you turn 18
>>
>>71869043
I moved right when I saw the left actively trying to sabotage America in Iraq. Whether you agree or disagree with the war trying to subvert your nation for political gain is treason. When Obama rolled in I knew "hope and change" was all sloganeering and hollow platitudes. The worst thing about him was the slavishness of his followers, people just going along with whatever he said. When you see faithful Christians suddenly celebrating sodomy you know some heinous shit is going on.
>>
>>71869043
I was in university and I voted for him in 2008.

Yeah, I know I fucked up but I was so sick of Bush and his bullshit. Both Obama and Bush ended up sucking equally in different ways.
>>
>>71874161

God dammit I meant Senior.
>>
>>71873708
>Voted for McCain that day. Did not vote at all in 2012.

You were 18 during your second year of high school? How many times did you flunk, Tyrone?
>>
>>71869043
Using dope? (that sounds like your facist asses)

just combine and go away.
>>
>>71869501
I was in my first year of grad school and saw the same. Didn't join, didn't care. Knew it was all theater for the gullible masses.
>>
old enough to vote
decent at first then i realized we got a tan bush/neocon
>>
>>71874091
A mexican balancing three red-painted eggs on his sobrero and a pole on his monster chode?
>>
>>71874386
You guys are retarded, just say grade 10
>>
I remember i was in 9th or 10th grade (it was 8 years ago i'm 22 now).
I liked him but I felt the media had made him into a Messiah that would fix literally everything wrong with America and when he obviously didn't the backlash would be big.
I was kinda right.
>>
>>71869043
eating chicken wings and drinking beer with my army buddies. i thought a large chunk of his votes were due to white guilt faggotry, and that he was going to be assassinated
>>
>>71869043
FALSE FLAG IN GERMANY INCOMING
>>
File: 1450076968383.png (207 KB, 368x374) Image search: [Google]
1450076968383.png
207 KB, 368x374
>>71869043
At his inauguration on the DC mall expecting a happening.
>>
>>71869043
I figured, what did we have to lose?

How naive I was back then.
>>
>>71872280
Same. Thought, good. Maybe you can finally stfu about not being able to make it in "da white man's world"
>>
>>71869043
At home. I didn't really care. Was happy that Prop 8 passed.
>>
>>71869043
I felt that he would have to clean the mess after Bush
>>
>>71869043
I was only 15 and didn't care

Him winning 2012 kinda bugged me though
>>
I was in sixth grade and we watched a live stream in our class. I had excitedly followed the election around August of that year since I didnt understand the primary system yet. I didnt like McCain because of his lack of interest for the environment and his more aggressive plan with Iran. Still not entirely sure about Iran though.

Was generally happy about him being elected, republicans jimmies get rustled with Obama (and yeah I hate his immigration thing too), but at least he didnt get us into another war like Clinton or McCain might have.
>>
>>71869364
The pendulum will swing again in our favor anon. Muscle through or not
>>
>>71877036
>but at least he didnt get us into another war like Clinton or McCain might have.
Does Libya just not count?
>>
>>71876961
Bush was a great president
Obummer is in the bottom 10. Race relations are worse than they've been in 40 years. Obummer is a disrespectful cunt.
>>
>>71869043
Knew he was a puppet before he was elected.

Had no idea the world would become so wacky with PC under him tho.
>>
Do none of you niggers remmeber that night? All "our type" of people were thinking that if the nigger lost, there would be a level 5 chimpout, a literal race war.
I was in FL at the time, and one of my grandparent's neighbors had found an old panzerfaust and made 5 garbage- cans full of homemade napalm. Not kidding.
People were locked and loaded and ready for an actual "race war." Only time in my life have ever seen that.
>>
>>71869043
sad for my country
>>
>>71877185
Racism has gotten so much worse under him. Blacks getting more uppity and whites getting more angry. Crazy shit
>>
I was only 8 years old at the time so I had no idea what was going on but my grandma was happy while my dad was royally pissed.
>>
>>71877116
>Bush was a great president
>Obummer is in the bottom 10.
A. call him OBONGO. This isn't le reddit.
B. No, Bush was a dupe of the jews and an asshole. Only good thing to come from this nigger was not going to war with Iran for the Jews.
>>
>>71869043
At my grandma's watching the election results.
Mad at the time,but it was stupid for me to be
>>
"At least we got the token nigger president out of the way now"
>>
>>71869043
I was in my first year of college in the living room of the communal living house that I lived at. Me and all the other hippies were ecstatic and probably sparked a bowl.
>>
>>71877278
Exactly.

The hope and change bullshit was a meme. The country and the world at large has become a lot more divided under him.

Also now I am told to believe the following is true.
>No such thing as race
>Gender is a social construct and you can change your gender depending on how you feel on any other day.
>>
>>71877199
RARE
>>
>>71877330
Next is token vagina and then token tranny

Just fuck my shit up. When do we try to move to an uncucked nation?
>>
>>71869043
I was working as a cook in a nursing home. I didn't follow politics at the time, I was around 18 or 19 years old.

I remember every nigger staff member screaming and running up and down the halls cheering that Obama was president. They were disturbing the residents and it was making me agitated.
>>
>>71877384
I don't get why people get bent out of shape when you bring up the idea that people of different cultures act differently and black/white culture is different. The majority, not all, but majority act differently. That isn't being hateful.

There are major parental issues in the black community. Add gangster/rap culture and well, you know.
>>
>>71872617
Same. I'm sure there are others here that did too but won't admit it.

I figured if a nigger could become president anything is possible.
>>
>>71872774
Underage confirmed unless you're a fucking retard and failed a grade or two.

Either way stop fucking posting faggot.
>>
In high school in Canada. Vaguely sickened by all the people celebrating around me and the general fact that they couldn't even parse that conservatives and liberals didn't have a universal red/blue colour scheme across borders.

Glad I'm over here now and able to vote trump.
>>
>>71878001
I'm afraid trump won't win and we are stuck with muh vagina
>>
>>71877199
>All "our type" of people were thinking that if the nigger lost, there would be a level 5 chimpout, a literal race war.

I don't remember that, but then again I was living in NYC at the time. Were there warning signs that the nigs were gonna chimp out, or were people just preparing for the worst case scenario?
>>
>>71878239
I'm hoping that the FBI does their job and crucifies her. I'd take Bernie over her, if only because I know that'd burn such a fire in Congress he'd never be able to do anything.

Most important issue really is just getting a conservative on the Supreme Court because fucking christ that's a longer-term issue than any single presidency.
>>
>>71877199
Holy shit that's a rare flag
>>
>>71869043
I was masturbating with my neighbours stolen cheese while watching something on tv. Then i felt like nothing was going to change... OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
>>
>>71869043
I voted for him because I hated Bush.
This represents all the people who voted for him the first time who wete not just going on skin color tribalism.
>>
I was a Mormon missionary in Texas (Alice). Latinos kept unironically asking us if Obama was the Antichrist. Which is funny, because they voted for him.
>>
>>71869043
In kidergarten
>>
>>71869043

I voted for Obama in 2008 not because I thought he was hot shit but because the Republicans were fielding a geriatric and a retard. Anyway, I didn't feel anything, I felt disillusioned and it was my first election voting. When all my brown and black and immigrant friends went to celebrate and go see the inauguration in Washington, I just shook my head and felt sorry for the state of my country.
>>
>>71869043
I was apathetic and uninterested in politics at the time.

I do remember multiple black women wearing Obama t-shirts at the restaurant I waited in, I also remember a homeless black man outside the library chanting how a black man was in the white house. I always knew blacks were partial to their own kind but this was somewhat frustrating at the time.
>>
>>71883888

checked

why is your name thaddeus

are you a negro or perhaps a quadroon
>>
>>71869043
I was homeless at the time
>>
>>71884047
I am not, and I chose the name because it mean courageous heart.
>>
>>71869043
>in high school
>hot chick and I talk about nobama and how he is kenyan
>love living in Republican area
>>
>>71869043

I was in high school, and I actually skipped lunch one day to watch Obama's inauguration speech. There was a big hype around him, especially if you were a kid. I remember it being my first disappointment in him. Now, 8 years later, it's all GTKRWN and I'm sure there are lots of people who went through the same thing.
>>
File: 2.jpg (156 KB, 694x800) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
156 KB, 694x800
>>71869043
I had kinda checked out of politics after majoring in ut and being involved with public service and seeing how corrupt it was.

What I do remember is how the media embarrassed itself with shilling the guy, and how after being told that it has nothing to do with his color, blacks were gloating like motherfuckers.

Omg the obamaobamaobamaohohohobama YouTube rap was just...
>>
>>71873955
It's pretty fucking hard to kill a president, Anon.
>>
I was 11 and I supported McCain because my parents did. Most people thought I was racist because I said i liked McCain better. In my class we did a mock election and only 3 people out of 25 voted for McCain, middle school was fun.
>>
>>71878484
I have a feeling they'll wait until after Jan 20 so Obama can't pardon her.
>>
>>71869043
Mom got drunk and started to say "get in the basement the bombs are dropping tomorrow."
>>
>>71869043
I thought there was a 50/50 chance he was a sleeper Muslim. Turns out he's just your garden variety first term senator idealist. It was interesting to see his essentially anti war positions tank in the first year. By the second year, he ended up being just as militaristic as Bush but with an emphasis on covert ops/air power/drones. At this point I often feel he gets too much petty criticism, as Bush did, about playing golf or saying dumb things in public. I'm still against most things he does, but presidents fuck up a lot and some of the things the media pokes him about are stupid.
>>
I remember people were happy then sad after either being let go or put on part time from their jobs because business's couldn't afford the high tax rates because of obamacare.
>>
>>71869043
I didn't give a shit then and I don't give a shit now.

Also, anyone who did give a shit is likely 1 of 2 things:
1. An ultra-cuck lib who wanted him to fuck their ass
2. A hick from NoWhere WhoGivesAFuck Town, Iowa who blames Obama for their sister not giving them a blowjob (most people on this thread)
>>
>>71869043
I was a freshman in high school and I knew he was going to be elected because he was black. Now at the time I was a liberal gothy/scene kid (glad that's over with) but I was pissed off at all of the black kids at school hollering and monkey hooting everywhere. I didn't know anything about Obama's policies, and I knew they didn't either. The only thing that matters to any of them was Obama's race. It wasn't for a few years that I made a friend who legitimately had issues with Obama's policies and presidency and not his race.
>>
>>71877199
RARE
A A
R R
E E
>>
File: 1460493272633.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1460493272633.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>71886913
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.