[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A bulk carrier is now cheaper than a starbucks coffee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: Bulk_carrier_www_final.jpg (316 KB, 722x300) Image search: [Google]
Bulk_carrier_www_final.jpg
316 KB, 722x300
Hey guys, do you want to hire a Bulk Carrier for a single dollar?

Now you can!
Welcome to this new brave new world, where you can "trade" your way into prosperity without actually any trade being done!

But dont worry guys, everything is great about the world economy. The fact that transportation of wares is now completely worthless, implying that there is no demand whatsoever, is of no concern. Just keep focusing on those 0's in your bank account.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-23/its-now-cheaper-buy-dry-bulk-freight-tanker-starbucks-coffee
>>
>>71867725
Way to misinterpret the article. Do not read guys it is clickbait
>>
>>71868326
>Goldenport, one of the last shipping companies left on the London Stock Exchange, has delisted from the market and sold off six of its remaining eight vessels for $1...

>The giveaway reflects the most dismal shipping conditions in decades, caused by economic slowdown in China combined with an oversupply of vessels due to a building spree during a previous boom and the fact that "average daily hire rates have fallen below even a vessel’s daily operating expenses."

>The Greek owners are looking for buyers for two remaining vessels and are taking Goldenport off the stock market, saying it no longer makes sense to list shares which have dropped from highs of $100 in 2007 to less than 2c now.

How exactly?
>>
>>71868522
You are implying I can buy a bulk carrier for under one dollar when really I can't
>>
>>71868522
Is it a dollar a per share? That's the only way it makes sense
>>
>tens of millions in dock fees
>millions in registration fees per port of call
>millions in daily maintenance and fuel expenses
>ship "only" costs a dollar

It's like those houses in Detoilet that sell for $50. The property itself is cheap, but that's only because if the literally hundreds of thousands in back taxes and other fees associated with the physical item.
>>
>>71868923
no, a few carriers (8, to be exact) were literally sold for 1 dollar

>>71868830
>under one dollar
I never said such thing
here read the original article from The Guardian:
http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/apr/22/yours-for-1-58429-deadweight-tonne-bulk-carrier-one-previous-owner

I know this sounds crazy, but everyone is pretty much trying really hard to ignore the gigantic meltdown that is going on in China.
Shit like this is a very good symptom of the serious issues plaguing the global economy, and chinese woes right now.
This will affect us really hard here in the west
>>
>>71869146
thats exactly why they were sold by one dollar.
its better to get rid of them than pay the maintenance costs and fees
>>
I have 00.07 in my account
>>
Yay!!!
>>
>>71867725
That's not surprising.
Those things cost millions of dollars per year to maintain and if you're not actively shipping stuff they're just huge money sinks.
Kinda like how sometimes people sell worthless property for a dollar just so they can avoid paying property taxes.
>>
>>71868923
It could just be one of those tax loopholes. Like I'm on my death bed or about to go broke so I sell you my house, car or assets that will be liquidated.
>>
damn i should buy some barges
>>
>>71869373
Why not just scrap them?
>>
>>71869373
>>71869615

I don't know if you guys are trolling, but the vessels were sold for $1 to small holding companies owned by family members. They sold the ships to themselves so that when they file for bankruptcy the ships will be untouchable. They can then just scrap them.
>>
>>71868326
DUDE is not wrong. 6 million ads.

http://archive.is/XKn5z
>>
>>71870155
ah , sad i would have buyed one just to say : i got a fucking giant ass ship
>>
>Buy cargo ships
>go to Syria and Libya
>"Hey guys, free ride to Europe!"
>Intentionally sink ships at sea

Find the flaw
Profile: you literally cannot.
>>
>>71867725
>acquire free ship
>buy solar panels
>take your rusty husk out into international waters and declare sovereignty
>>
>>71868326
>clickbait
>zerohedge
Infinite doom.
You can buy a 2nd hand transport for a few hundred million now. Last weeks news.
>>
File: original.jpg (31 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
31 KB, 500x374
AYO HOL UP
SO YOU BE SAYING
WE CAN BE CAPTAINS AND SHIT??
>>
>>71871080
>>71871116
holy shit these two are great plans
could we make a /pol/ nation on one of those ?
>>
>>71871116
>And in other news the MV Hitler Did Nothing Wrong declared sovereignty in international waters today. Israeli foreign minister Himey Shekelbergstein responded by calling it "a second shoah" and vowing that "dis outrage cannot stand". Ships spokesman and self-styled Großadmiral Ben "Zyklon B" Garrison declared that "6 million was not enough" and vowed to "finish what Hitler started".
>>
File: polandball_yes.gif (33 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
polandball_yes.gif
33 KB, 320x240
>>71867725

mfw my bank offers me special services for people with very high balances
>>
>>71871080
DO IT
>>
>>71871080
>killing people is right

atleast just ship them to a shit hole
>>
File: wendys-logo.jpg (225 KB, 1720x1500) Image search: [Google]
wendys-logo.jpg
225 KB, 1720x1500
>>71867725
>>
>>71871080
>profile
protip
>>
>>71871080
Better yet, blame it on terrorism.
>>
>>71871783
>people

So take the Syrians to Africa and the Africans to Syria? Cruel. I like it!
>>
File: 1458694071173.gif (1 MB, 225x199) Image search: [Google]
1458694071173.gif
1 MB, 225x199
>>71871080
>>
File: STOLT-VALOR2.jpg (31 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
STOLT-VALOR2.jpg
31 KB, 600x400
>>71871116
>place some charges at the bottom
>go to the farrest point from any land in the meditteranean sea
>go into live boat
>press detonator
>enjoy
>>
>>71871783
You're right. Sinking a perfectly good ship on a bunch of roaches, what were you thinking?
Acquire atomic bombs and nuke the roaches from orbit.

How much does a country-wiping bomb cost nowadays?
>>
>>71873472

About tree fiddy.
>>
>buy bulk carrier for $1
>sell it for scrap
>YUGE profits
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.