[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
it is ok to have a miserable depressing life for having no skills?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 1441081733697.jpg (175 KB, 797x957) Image search: [Google]
1441081733697.jpg
175 KB, 797x957
it is ok to have a miserable depressing life for having no skills?
>>
yes

skills are learned not born with
>>
>>71829492
Most skills are based in genetics.

Skilled at a sport? You were born with good motor skills, genetics.

Skilled at math? You were born with good genes which resulted in good brain development, genetics.

Skilled at music? Same. Skilled with people? Same.

You can improve most of these but you'll compete with people who have those skills naturally AND improved them. Whats the point if you'll never be better than mediocre then? Who the fuck wants to be a mediocre musician, a mediocre athlete etc.?

Unless you were trained from child there is no point of trying anything, unless you discover you're insanely skilled at something at a later age.

Being mediocre is way worse than never trying.
>>
How about you get some fucking skills, faggot? What do you do all day... sit in front of the computer, right? What skills can you gain while doing that because I know your agoraphobic ass isn't willing to go outside...? Something that doesn't require a degree, right? What are your options, faggot? Oh! Looks like it's web development, IT, networking, and some other low-tier infosys jobs.

This is our only option. You better get in it now before the other worthless NEETs who didn't kill themselves start doing the same thing and bring down the wages.

Start here: www.cybrary.it, learn some basics before moving on to whichever field you like the most.
>>
Be gamer. See stupid video about gamers 10 years ago. Guy says I'm going to go level up in RL. Shut computer off, it can't be that easy.

Get gym membership. Get tan. Whiten Teeth. Start to spec snowboarding and cooking.

7 years later Tinder comes out. Pure Pwnage made me a successful Chad.
>>
>>71830092
There's a different between having no skill at all and not having the top notch skills. In most case you wont be miserable if you've at least learned to have some skill to survive.

OP was talking about having no skill at all.
>>
>>71830348
I think everyone can be "skilled" at something, maybe OP just never found one. I was just talking about being skilled does not mean you're good at it.
>>
>>71830403
Blaming everything on genetics is just defeatism desu. How many percentage of pro athletes have natural skills like Messi? They still make good dough and banging bitches.
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 852x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 852x1024
>>71829345
Through a vadt part of history most people couldn't read or write yet here you are doing both. Stop bitching.
>>
>>71830162

Meh looks hard. I'll just take your money instead.
>>
>>71830529
Top athletes are already the top 1% in skills. Just because Mess is the top 1% of the top 1% that doesnt mean the rest didnt train from child, handpicked by big teams etc.

All of those guys trained to be top athletes since they were 4 or something.

If its all about the money then you dont even really need any skills to make money, just go to a school, finish with good grades and be ready to be a yes man, those guys make good money at big companies.
>>
>>71830663
And live with the knowledge that you are an utter failure and slave to the state while comforting yourself by posting smug NEET images on r9k.
>>
>>71830821
The same apathy that stops me from doing anything prevents me from needing comforting.
>>
>>71830092
>Whats the point if you'll never be better than mediocre then? Who the fuck wants to be a mediocre musician, a mediocre athlete etc.?

so your offspring can grow with better skills ?
>>
File: 215.png (20 KB, 638x547) Image search: [Google]
215.png
20 KB, 638x547
>>71829345
idk but i fucking hate this situations i wonder how will it end
>>
File: 1343165528396.png (99 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1343165528396.png
99 KB, 500x500
>tfw demonstrably competent in many different disciplines, but a master of none

Good enough to impress normies, but just bad enough to bore professionals.
>>
>>71830162
Thanks for the link cunt, looking into it now. Might of just given me the right tools
>>
>>71830915
The story of my entire life to the present day in a single sentence
>>
File: 1370873521736.jpg (59 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
1370873521736.jpg
59 KB, 854x859
>voting for Trump will probably be the highlight of my year
>>
>>71830092
You'd make a great parent
>>
>>71829345
Yes. You should be depressed if you have no skills.

This depression is what pushed our white ancestors to conquer an ice continent, brother.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm so fucking mediocre it hurts. And with the pending automation of everything, I'm terrified that in 3-5 years mediocrity will be as useless as gross incompetence and stupidity--even worse so because having the cognitive ability to realize what you're doing is unworthy of your destiny makes it impossible to focus and carry out the same tasks dolts can achieve with dedication.
>>
ITT: Perfectionists
Nobody in my family was ever proud of me.
It always felt like there is no point trying even tho I always do my best.
>>
File: scienceandcharity.jpg (67 KB, 456x361) Image search: [Google]
scienceandcharity.jpg
67 KB, 456x361
>>71832727
I'd, because I'd actually evaluate my kids talents early on and instead of telling them "you can be whatever you want!" I'd force them to practice what they're good at even if they dont like it.

THATS how you end up with successful people like Mozart, Messi or literally anyone who ever became successful.

It helps a lot of your kid actually likes what he's doing too.

This is what Picasso drew at 14. At fucking 14. Nowadays with liberal parents he'd be busy "being himself" and most likely never doing anything great.

Skills is nothing if you dont have the discipline, and most kids dont have any, which isnt the problem, its the parents who dont force them are.

The myth of liberal parents should die, because you end up with a generation like this one, useless narcissitic assholes with no talent, skills except the skill to self-promote themselves.
>>
>>71833484
>I'd because I'd

Kek you can't do that.

Agree with everything you said though

Regarding Picasso though, what should those liberal parents do instead? I know nothing about art so I think this painting is great. If it was my kid I wouldn't know to push him in a greater direction--I'd think he was doing a great job all on his own and I would be a hindrance if I lectured him on what to do.

Also, this isn't just liberal parents. Mine are conservative Bible Belt, and as soon as I got bored of something they put no pressure on me to persevere
>>
>All the perfectionists ITT

The joy of being THE BEST at something is a meme, generally it requires an absurd amount of sacrifice to get a small shot of being the best in the world and a much greater probability of you ending up having wasted a metric fuckton of effort and get nothing for the sacrifice.

Mediocrity is the way to happiness.
>>
My parents always said I could be anything I wanted.

I am a 28 unemployed KV.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.