[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remind me again why America gets to call itself a democracy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 2000Election.png (170 KB, 1360x1142) Image search: [Google]
2000Election.png
170 KB, 1360x1142
Remind me again why America gets to call itself a democracy? Your previous president was the son of a former president, and at this point odds are that your next president will be the wife of a former president. The USA is basically a banana republic at this point.
>>
>>71827159
Why do you think that a bunch of us are stockpiling guns and ammo?
>>
>>71827159
Successful people tend to breed other successful people,or to associate with them.
It's not surprising someone with a huge history in politics have a son in it too
>>
>>71827265
because that's one of the distraction techniques the elites use to keep people occupied and prevent them from focusing their efforts where they'll make a difference. By the time guns and ammunition come into play, it'll be way, way to late to do anything but hunker down and pray you're on of the lucky ones.

Why do you think the same Republican establishment that has always pushed for gun rights to be as broad as possible is now fighting tooth and nail to stop Trump? Because they only think one of those things will actually make a difference.
>>
>>71827567
For a Republican, being anti-gun is a political death sentence in this country. After the 1994 AWB, the republicans in Congress who voted for it were voted out of office. No amount of money gets in the way of that shit here. It is a grass roots issue.

Even the recall election over the gun control that Colorado had passed was grass roots. They got state legislators kicked out of office, and there was no big money on the gun side. Bloomberg, however, was funding the anti-gun side, and they still couldn't keep the gun-grabbers in office.
>>
John Quincy Adams was the son of john Adams. You aren't telling us anything that hasn't been going on since the US was founded, edgelord.
>>
>>71827159
Why not shit on Cucknada for voting in Trudeau?
Fact is, name recognition exists and is influential to how people initially view a candidate.
>people still butthurt about Dubya being elected
>>
File: sheit.jpg (51 KB, 359x305) Image search: [Google]
sheit.jpg
51 KB, 359x305
>>71827159
We don't, it's a representative republic.

Also
>>71827971
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU
>>
>>71827971

that's a kickass flag
>>
File: check em.jpg (52 KB, 949x550) Image search: [Google]
check em.jpg
52 KB, 949x550
tl;dr sounds like you need some freedom old man
>>
>>71827159
Democracy is not actually good.
>>
>>71827932
>No amount of money gets in the way of that shit here. It is a grass roots issue.
That's amazing to hear... I am also hearing that even a lot of Democrats are pro-gun, is that correct?

Vermont seems to be one of the states with the best gun laws and they vote consistently Democrat.

Can you give me some extra information on gun laws and especially the gun culture in your country btw?

Do people see shooting as a sport and are the majority of people interested in this? How much % of people actually have guns? etc
>>
>>71828437
Vermont has basically no gun laws. New Hampshire also has basically no gun laws. People own them for a variety of reasons, and Vermont and New Hampshire are both quite safe.

The South has very few gun laws, but also has blacks, so you're still at risk of getting shot. The South is in many ways a third-world country, mostly because of blacks.

Unsurprisingly, the gun "problem" is actually a black problem.
>>
File: backgroundchecks.png (289 KB, 1662x683) Image search: [Google]
backgroundchecks.png
289 KB, 1662x683
>>71828437
>That's amazing to hear... I am also hearing that even a lot of Democrats are pro-gun, is that correct?

That's a regional thing. I live in a state that is totally dominated by democrats, and yet, I can sling an AR-15 over my shoulder and walk into the state capital building where the legislature meets. I go in there with a pistol all the time when it is in session. Go to New York, OTOH, and you get arrested for strapping a pistol onto your hip and walking down the street.

>Can you give me some extra information on gun laws and especially the gun culture in your country btw?

It varies widely from state to state. I know some of the local shooting spots that, even if I'm driving by, sometimes I'll stop to see if there is any brass for me to pick up. Some people from other states where guns aren't as prevalent look at me like I am crazy if I tell them that I'm just going to go out in the middle of nowhere and go shooting. This is especially true if they are from an urban area where they can't do that without a very long drive.

But yeah, a lot of people here like to go out plinking, hunting, and there are ranges where competitions are held. A lot of people are really into things like IPSC. I always enjoyed high power rifle competition.

I actually don't know the percentage of people who own guns. IMO, the number of households that have guns is a better measure gun culture anyway, because the number of people who have guns doesn't tell you anything about a father who takes his kids out shooting. A survey from over a decade ago showed that 38% of households had firearms, and given what firearm sales have looked like during Obama's presidency, I'm betting that number has either remained the same, or gone up. Obama is the best firearm salesman in the history of the US, and possibly the world. Pic related.
>>
File: VIPER tech support.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
VIPER tech support.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
>US
>Democracy
>>
>>71829474
>I actually don't know the percentage of people who owns guns
Here is a map: http://qz.com/437015/mapped-the-us-states-with-the-most-gun-owners-and-most-gun-deaths/

That pic is amazing. Has Obama actually done something against guns besides bitching about them? Has he passed any legislation on this of have the Republicans prevented that?
>>
>>71830113
here is a better map: http://www.businessinsider.com/gun-ownership-by-state-2015-7?IR=T
>>
>>71830197
here is also a list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States_by_state
>>
>>71830113
Obama has done diddly dick against guns, he signed some meme executive order on guns but it basically did fuck all because he can't just make a major order without it getting autoblocked by the courts.
>>
>>71828437

Maine is always blue and NH is as well, and we have great gun laws here. You can buy fully auto weapons and DD's without any special license or anything, as long as you have the money.
>>
>>71827159
America never really took democracy seriously, look at 1960 election. Kennedy gets elected thanks to fraud and appoints his brother in the cabinet.
>>
>For the REPUBLIC for which it stands.
>>
>>71831064
>to*

Damn my fat american fingers of freedom
>>
>>71827159
It doesn't it's a republic.
>>
>>71831605
It's a de facto oligarchy
>>
>>71830113
Every time something happens and Obama starts talking about gun control, people go out and buy as much firearm related stuff as they can.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.