[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people want to ban firearms completely?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: p226.jpg (1 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
p226.jpg
1 MB, 3072x2304
I'm going to admit that I was neutral / slightly anti-gun until recently. Never been a fan of them because shooting for me has always made me a little uneasy (during my time in the military and the time after and before that when my dad kept/keeps dragging me into the woods to hunt with him). Then the terrorist attacks on Paris happened and people rushed to get this EU-wide semi-auto ban through, the vote's supposed to be on this summer. What do semi-automatic rifles have to do with automatic (and illegal) rifles that the attackers tend to use? I haven't heard of an attacker using a semi-automatic rifle in these situations.

And yeah, I don't like firearms but if somebody likes to shoot, that's his business. I do think that there has to be a level of control so that wrong people (repeat violent offenders for example) wouldn't get an easy access in them.
>>
File: Gadsden Flag.jpg (27 KB, 960x629) Image search: [Google]
Gadsden Flag.jpg
27 KB, 960x629
>>71422168
>And yeah, I don't like firearms but if somebody likes to shoot, that's his business. I do think that there has to be a level of control so that wrong people (repeat violent offenders for example) wouldn't get an easy access in them.

If someone is so dangerous that they can't be trusted with firearms, then they have no business being free to begin with. Furthermore, being released is supposed to signify that you've repaid your "debt" to society and have gained your rights back.

All gun control is illogical, vile horseshit, no exception.
>>
>>71422168

Mental illness and an inability to think rationally.
>>
>>71422413

>All gun control is illogical, vile horseshit, no exception.

So you would think that even the most unstable people should be allowed free access to firearms, even if there's a high chance that they'll harm innocents again?
>>
>>71422588
>So you would think that even the most unstable people should be allowed free access to firearms, even if there's a high chance that they'll harm innocents again?

Maybe you should learn how to read before you start tackling complex policy positions.
>>
>>71422168
Most Liberals are kind of stupid and don't think through their political positions probably.

Guy shoots up school? BAN GUNS

Islamic Militant commits terrorist attack? BAN TERRORISM

Syrians have a civil war and tear their own country apart? IMPORT SYRIANS

It's all so half-baked: superficially intended to always deal with the symptoms without ever thinking about any of the root causes.
>>
File: 1461016441370.jpg (62 KB, 640x821) Image search: [Google]
1461016441370.jpg
62 KB, 640x821
>>71422168

It's because most of these people, deluded as they are, are good, law-abiding people.

They believe that just by banning something they will prevent it's use because the thing is illegal. They wouldn't break the law and none of their friends would, so why would anyone?

The problem with this reasoning is that we've banned murder for ages, yet it still keeps happening.
>>
>>71422730

You're right, I apologize.
>>
>>71422168
because they kill people
>>
>>71422413

What about retards? Should they be allowed to carry?
>>
I haven't really met anyone in the states that wants to do this. It's usually just hurr durr assault weapons kill, get rid of them.
>>
>>71422830

You can kill a man with bare fists, though. And that's what it probably boils down to if the answer is to ban everything that could be used as a weapon.
>>
File: kermit-la-rana-beve-il-tea.jpg (31 KB, 400x273) Image search: [Google]
kermit-la-rana-beve-il-tea.jpg
31 KB, 400x273
I don't see why people would need to ban guns completely... I mean there should be a line from where you can carry a pistol which is covered, to walking around with an m4 because of 'muh freedoms'...

But I'm just a bong and thats none of my business
>>
File: 1455720362063.jpg (26 KB, 720x757) Image search: [Google]
1455720362063.jpg
26 KB, 720x757
>>71423033
>What about retards? Should they be allowed to carry?

Well we let blacks and leftists have guns...
>>
>>71422791
>They believe that just by banning something they will prevent it's use because the thing is illegal.

This is the fundamental problem with any gun control, simply penning a new law won't disappear 300+ million guns.
>>
I think there ought to be a background check and waiting list. My aunt has a history of seeking prescription drugs and is OBVIOUSLY unstable, but there's nothing we or the state can do until she truly fucks up. She bought a gun (husband was at work) recently and nearly killed her grandkids.

Semi-automatics should be easily gotten by people who can be shown to be stable, but not otherwise.
>>
>>71422791
It worked in Australia
>>
>>71422588

There are half a billion unregistered guns currently in circulation in the US.

It is literally not possible to prevent someone in the US from arming themselves.
>>
>>71423873
It really didn't
>>
File: 1404496348745.jpg (104 KB, 980x600) Image search: [Google]
1404496348745.jpg
104 KB, 980x600
I can understand an outright ban on owning weapons, but restrictions and "common sense laws" such as no full auto, drum mags etc drive me fucking nuts. If you don't want guns then just be honest about it. You can't be for some types of guns but not others, with that mentality you will inevitably want more gun restrictions.

t- butthurt burger that doesnt own full autos
>>
>>71422168
Euros expect that their rulers will enact new restrictions on the general populace in order to curb potential problems by the lawless?
>>
>>71424667

Yes, EU is trying to ban all semi autos atm. There's nothing wrong with a little control, but total bans on them will just drive the market underground and will cause much more crime than before, not just firearm-related.
>>
File: anonyfagg.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
anonyfagg.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>71422168
We need guns for the niggers

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/trump-loves-america
>>
>>71422168
because they love leaders like Chairman Mao and Adolph Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, you get the idea
>>
>>71422168
Paranoia and cowardice, I live in a country where every 20 year old either has a 8 inch knife in their pants or a handgun and those arent even the gangbangers and Im completely calm, you white people are fucking pussies scaredy cat AW YOU SCARED THE BLACK MAN GONNA SHOOT YOU HOW CUTE.
>>
>>71422168
Because they fear what they don't understand
>>
>>71424610
that thing is dope, I want that destructive device, also restricting destructive devices full auto and banning felons is all crazy, everyone needs guns, felons having them will force us all to develop good gun manners
>>
>>71422168
Well when people like Hillary call for bans on firearms you can know in your heart there is an agenda because that bitch don't give a fuck about the people in any way. Just what she can get from them.
>>
>>71427113
this
>>
>>71422168
>Then the terrorist attacks on Paris happened and people rushed to get this EU-wide semi-auto ban through

Weren't the Paris weapons fully automatic, and illegally obtained? Lol, you guys are so silly
>>
>>71422168
The idea is that nonwhite populations in general are easier to control and lie to, so they want to dissolve the people and elect another in Brecht's phrase but for real. They want you disarmed, isolated and unmotivated, and they want the Muslims spun up on tribalist hate. They want the newcomers to consume you. Top and bottom against the middle.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.