[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you support GMOs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 28
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 1005x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 1005x399
Do you support GMOs?
>>
There is no evidence that they're bad, so yes.
>>
No scientific proof that it harms the enviroment or person. I'm not very informed about the topic recently, so if anyone has information about the effects of GMOs it would be lovely.

also bump
>>
>has the potential to create monopoly on food
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>80938071
I think it should be legal. But I think it should be up to the consumer if they want it. Apparently, people want them and distributors make a bigger profit using them.
>>
>>80938071
>>80938293
Trademarking seeds is wrong though.
>>
The technology in and of itself is not bad. It has many uses.

The problem is that the companies behind GMO have completely captured regulatory agencies and own half of every government, so there's no way of knowing if these particular GMOs are good for you.

Monsanto of course hires thousands of shills to shill the "All genetic modification is evil" narrative to get people to ignore the more reasonable concerns.
>>
>>80938071

Yes.
>>
>>80938071
i do not give two shits about modified plants. its science nigger! at least people are eating their vegetables.
>>
>>80938071
Nature is unintelligent Its designs are not refined.
Human has already made dogs outta Jackals and pigs outta boars.
The only way to the stars is to make life better than it managed to happen randomly, and to make human into Obermensh.

What the fuck parent We yet superior intelligent, physically perfect cancer-resistant gods with immunity to all deseaces?
Oh fight, the pope and doesnt like that idea, the god wants you to be mortal.
>>
File: 1464854053160.jpg (10 KB, 255x232) Image search: [Google]
1464854053160.jpg
10 KB, 255x232
>>80938176
>>80938155
I wonder who could be behind these posts..
>>
>>80938071
The edible bits I have no problem with. Seeds with patents or that purposefully installed terminator gene are fucked though.
>>
>>80938071
It's not that I have a problem with gmos, it's that some corporation has the potential to own the vast majority of the entire planets food supply
>>
>>80938071
Gmo yes mosanto no, clearlyva bad company who profit to corruption and lack of governement to do crime
>>
File: 37342823473.jpg (18 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
37342823473.jpg
18 KB, 600x338
>>80938465
Yes, in fact i am the public relations manager for Monsanto, I am only here to promote the gain of my company.
>>
>>80938071
chimera food?

I don't want mixed DNA in my food.
No Frankenstein for me

and the polen of their monsters can contaminate normal plants
>>
>>80938465
>both of them stayed on topic with a clear and concise answer

great shitposting mate, I guess a namefag is a replacement when the aussies are busy
>>
>>80938832

Imagine living in a world where multinational corps pay people to shill on 4chan at 2 in the morning

>this is what some people unironically believe
>>
File: das seeds.jpg (311 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
das seeds.jpg
311 KB, 1500x1500
Nope. Bought pick related a few months ago and my garden is thriving. 35 bucks for heirloom, non-gmo seeds, why even bother taking the risk?
>>
>>80940640
Do you realize that GMOs are meant more for agriculture and a realistic way of ending world hunger. Those overpriced heirloom seeds would do the same as any old tomato seed. I know this from experience.
>>
>>80940882
>Do you realize that GMOs are meant more for agriculture and a realistic way of ending world hunger

That's the bullshit line they sell to the public. The reality is so transnational entities can override the natural world with organisms they have patents for. The end goal is so people can't grow any kind of their own food without being tethered to a central power.
>>
>>80938361
This for my fellow leaf. GMOs can be beneficial to humanity but unfortunately they not, and being misused for greed by companies like Monsanto.
>>
Seeing this thread makes me realize how stupid and bluepilled you fuckers are.

>seeds are genetically modified by Monsanto to resist Monsanto herbicide/pesticide Roundup (active ingredient glyphosate, with a fuckton of other terrible inactive ingredients as well)
>Not once have they designed something to increase food supply/fix famine, drought tolerance, or other world problems, only resist or in some cases emit poisons
>Monsanto profits with control of global seed supply, as well as selling goys pesticides which destroy land and create Roundup resistant weeds/plants, not to mention wreak havoc on the health of the humans, as well as livestock who eat the food
>Monsanto has an entire department dedicated to misinformation
>met a kid at a party who works at Monsanto and he literally said he works for the devil
>farmers who spray this shit have horrible health problems, and so do their wives/spouses according to one study
>>
Can we get a Norwegian in here please?
>>
>more, better food for cheaper
No problems with it.
>>80941483
>GMOs=pesticides
>>
also pretty sure they patented their strains, so when they germinate a neighbors land their strand is found on the farmer's land, sued, shut down, expanded into; by natural processes.

This shit was known about in 2008 ppl.
>>
>>80938071
As an innovation, GM food is a godsend. It has allowed for certain foods previously in limited quantity due to environment or price to be mass produced, and this has both made certain foods cheaper and saved millions of lives in the third world.

However, some of the corporations who own these patents like Monsanto are bastards.
>>
>>80941483
This

I was at this party last night and this guy who works at Monsanto said that his coworker works in the psyops division of Monsanto and they said that they spend $5 billion every year just to keep the health problems under wraps.

Did you know that 95% of people who spray GMO into plants ended up dying?
>>
File: farms_fig02.png (289 KB, 4267x3417) Image search: [Google]
farms_fig02.png
289 KB, 4267x3417
>>80941231
>He doesn't know that without GMO crops the U.S would have a tenth the agricultural output
>He doesn't know that this is also the story in Canada the U.S NZ and AUS

>He doesn't know Canada, the US, NZ and AUS are "food superpowers" and make up basically 90%+ of all overseas food exports (Particularly to China India the middle East and Africa)
>He doesn't know that without GMO's the West might be fine (except Europe) but literally everyone else would starve

B-B-B-BUT MUH NATURAL
MUH GOYIM
MUH NWO
>>
>>80941715
I wanna meet that immortal 5% and learn the secrets of how they used Monsanto pesticide to become gods.
>>
>>80941579
Shit for brains they absolutely do equal pesticides. They genetically modify the seeds to make the plant resist roundup. They call it their roundup ready line. Sure you might have me on the semantics, the plants themselves are not pesticides, but they are genetically compromised after this process.
>>
GMO is a good idea, but there needs to be regulation so that there isn't a food monopoly.

GMO food production is probably the one sector I'd be okay with the Government getting into. Food is vital, and letting companies price hike too much is detrimental, especially ones that can outgrow all the smaller farmers.
>>
>>80941483
>>seeds are genetically modified by Monsanto to resist Monsanto herbicide/pesticide Roundup (active ingredient glyphosate, with a fuckton of other terrible inactive ingredients as well)
>>Not once have they designed something to increase food supply/fix famine, drought tolerance, or other world problems, only resist or in some cases emit poisons

Pretty sure that by making the plants resistant to glyphosate that allows them to spray it so they can better kill weeds and pests there by increasing yields by reducing losses caused by the aforementioned weeds and pests.
>>
>>80941832
/thread
>>
>>80941715
Haha should have known not to add that part, but it's true. My gf treated him like shit the rest of the night because of it
>>
>>80941728
How does that graph prove gmos have any correlation?
>>
>>80941728
>>80942012
Whoops read it wrong my bad!
>>
>>80941918
That's awesome.

This one time my wife and I went to this party and this woman claimed to be a relative of one of the victims in sandy hook. Within 5 minutes she ran off crying when we uncovered her as a crisis actor and part of cointelpro

We raise our children right. We won't let them become sheeple who eat GMO foods or use flouride and end up being mind controlled by the government to turn away from Jesus and our Lord.
>>
>>80941715
>>80942177
Is this thread going a little too well for your liking?
>>
>>80942177
Flouride doesn't control your mind but is poisonous and probably damages your body in a number of ways.

"The fluoride added to 90% of drinking water is hydrofluoric acid which is a compound of fluorine that is a chemical byproduct of aluminum, steel, cement, phosphate, and nuclear weapons manufacturing"

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2002/02/02/fluoride-safety-part-one.aspx
>>
File: hidden-hand.png (1 KB, 214x198) Image search: [Google]
hidden-hand.png
1 KB, 214x198
>>80938292
It's almost impossible to grow anything but Monsanto corn. They will sue you if someones pollen blows into your field and you acquire their genetics. The do not allow seed collection so all farmers must buy from them

Monsanto is a company founded by jewish slave trading families. They own companies that make feed products that cause animals to become sterile. Bill Gates is a big investor in the company. Bill's parents worked for Planned Parenthood.

If they would simply label the shit appropriately, people could decide for themselves. Overtime, the products would earn our trust if they deserved to, but they don't want to give us the choice.

Also this:
>Farmer feeds GMO corn to his pigs: they all become sterile
https://youtu.be/eilDbdLAyFs
>>
Faggots who say that GMOs=more food production. The world throws away nearly half of it's food every year. So the matter of feeding everyone is a matter of organizing it. Some people are always able to buy and eat more than they should and some people are not.

We could increase the production of ferraris 1000x without any problem, doesnt mean that we need them.
>>
>>80938071

https://youtu.be/N6_DbVdVo-k
The world according to Monsanto
It's a documentary about how Monsanto is really fucking shit up and trying to take control of all the agricultural around the world. It's worth the watch
>>
>>80938071
yes, that's our chance create a perfect world.
too bad our dumb parliament just completely banned GMO's in Russia.
>>
>>80940882
Whatever, I got so ripped off on them I decided to give half of them away to my neighbors. I also don't care about world hunger, we should stop feeding Africa for starters.
>>
>>80940882
>a realistic way of ending world hunger

Overpopulation is such a big problem, the elites of the world got together and thought about what could be done to solve world hunger.

>Rapidly increasing population exacerbates existing problems, such as transnational crime, economic interdependency, climate change, the spread of diseases such as HIV/AIDS and various other pandemics, and such social issues as gender equality, reproductive health, safe motherhood, human rights, emergency situations, and so much more.

>United Nations Global Issues - Population
http://www.un.org/en/globalissues/population/
>>
>>80941483

t. Individual with no experience in Ag whatsoever
>>
>>80941728
Our productivity increased because the population increased

The countries you mentioned already were superpowers long before GMOs

and 80% of the world is already still fucking starving, so not a thing has changed on that front.

Oh also the topsoil is now little more than a dead sponge thanks to all the poison that's been pumped into it.
>>
File: burger triumphant.jpg (89 KB, 960x703) Image search: [Google]
burger triumphant.jpg
89 KB, 960x703
>>80938071

There is nothing wrong with GMO scientifically speaking.

But I think the commercial side is like railroad companies were in 19th century USA. Big firms basically live in wild west of biological patent rights and lawmakers have not managed to control the business side at all.
>>
>>80941868
Yes dumbass but it doesn't work. The weeds and pests develop resistance to roundup

"In parts of the country, weeds resistant to the world's most popular herbicide, glyphosate, now grow in the vast majority of soybean, cotton, and corn fields," many of which were planted with seeds resistant to the weedkiller, said the study published in the journal Science in September."

http://m.phys.org/news/2014-01-superweeds-epidemic-spotlight-gmos.html

Their products are huge failures.
It’s blatantly obvious their goal is not to advance agricultural technology but to sterilize / ruin the health of the masses, sending them straight to doctors to fuck them again with poisonous medicines. If you don't know this by now you're in for a rude awakening of the reality we live in. Basically, if it's a chemical, if it's manmade, it doesn't belong in your body. And that goes all the way down to ibuprofen, one of the safest medications we have
>>
>>80943240

Yeah a capitalist corporation wants to completely eliminate its consumer base and reduce its revenue to zero.

Go back to watching Infowars you dumb cunt.
>>
>>80943157
True, but this is common knowledge by now. You should do a little more research, there's tons of information about this out there. If you're trusting industry funded studies paid for by the corporations who benefit from GMOs and the pharmaceutical industries, you'll be a sheep until you die. Keep eating GMOS though, honestly, because we need less retards like you on the earth.
>>
>>80941483
implying those suits aren't for keeping the plants free of contamination while they conduct a study
>>
>>80938071
Yes.
There is litterally nothing wrong with putting vital vitamins in rice etc.
>>
>>80941231
You do realize that the patents for first generation round-up ready soybeans have already expired, and the remaining patents will expire before the end of the next decade right?
>>
I don't think GMOs are inherently bad but I don't think Monsanto is good either.
>>
>>80943436

You're already eating foods laced with chemicals, so I don't see how more Roundup applied to a Roundup-resistant seed is going to kill you.

You also seem to forget that every living pest on this earth eventually builds a tolerance to whatever kills it. Literally evolution in motion.
>>
File: sprayingcrops-1100.jpg (124 KB, 1100x622) Image search: [Google]
sprayingcrops-1100.jpg
124 KB, 1100x622
>>80938155
>>80938176
http://www.newsweek.com/fda-will-begin-testing-food-glyphosate-most-heavily-used-farm-chemical-ever-428790

On topic, I have no problems with the technology itself. Only in the Intellectual Property protectionism of biological organism and the associated over-usage of pesticides that they make possible.
>>
>>80941715
>spraying plants gives you a 5% chance to live forever
Sign me the fuck up!
>>
>>80943431
>Not knowing about the elite's plans for depopulation
>thinking the growth rate of the world population is anything but exploding.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6WQtRI7A064

Not saying we don't need depopulation, the elites are probably right. But do you want to die falling for it?
>>
File: crop_spraying.jpg (21 KB, 400x265) Image search: [Google]
crop_spraying.jpg
21 KB, 400x265
>>80943484
This board is full of fucking 12 year olds I swear
>>
>>80938323
Unless the seeds use the GPLv3
>>
>>80938071
I do support, but...
It's a monopoly with very strict rules.
If I want to get involved in this, I would have to buy seeds from them every single year. I cannot replant my yield.
And believe me seeds are not cheap.
Although I would definitely get bigger yield with gmo seeds, but rules are pain in the ass and a public here is still scared of gmo like you are scared of hillary.
>>
>>80943631

Get a job.

The third world will be the first to be depopulated. It's nothing but an economic burden to the capitalist system. It lacks consistent consumerism because third world economies are so shit.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>80943613
That's the great thing about GMOs. They use less, often no pesticides or fertilizers...which is why they were invented in the first place.
>>
>>80938071
No, but neither do i support "Organic Farming"™ which i consider harmful and damaging to the environment. mainly because of lower yield.

Same goes "Fair Trade"®
>>
>>80938071

I wouldn't mind it so much if there was competition in the field and that there would be no way in hell most farmers in my country could afford it.

So I would rather they go away from my country.
>>
>>80938071
no
>>
>>80938071
>Do you support improved food production?
Yes.
>>
>>80943431
With each generation, the offspring become weaker than the last. Males become more effeminate and females hit puberty early. Neurological problems become more prevalent. Eventually, son is an autistic trap and daughter has downs or looks like Jeb's wife and neither can nor should have a child. The End.
>>
Wait people want the US to be an Agricultural society again? Why? We were poor and shit back then.
>>
>>80938071
I support genetic modifications to improve food, but not how Monsanto patents the modified and seeds forces farmers to buy them.
>>
Also, GMOs have saved more human lives than medical technology has. Makes you think.
>>
All this autism is killing me
>scientist changes genes to create the formation a helpful protein in plant
>protein is made from amino acids that are broken apart and used in your body when you digest it
>you ingest all of the small set of acids every day
>they aren't injecting chemicals and shit in to the plants
>the difference is only noticable during the plant's life
just wash the pesticides of your produce after you get it and you should be fine
>inb4 "wonder who is behind this post maymay"
it's like everyone forgot their highschool bio class
>>
>>80943929

You do realize that GMO's are not the only ones that have increased productivity. I imagine mechanization, better pesticides and better farming techniques had a larger impact.
>>
>>80944052
Everyone does though. Monsanto, Cargill, DuPont, BASF, etc.
>>
>>80944081

Nah the real problem is the fact that Mosanto is using it's giant market share to drive up the prices and basically making it impossible for poorer nations to compete.
>>
>>80944099
Mmmm, no.
>>
>>80944081
Its not clear that GMO's dont cause sterility 2-3 generations later down the line.
How can anyone say that they are perfectly safe, is beyond me, that's why they are labeled as a shill
>>
>>80938071

It adds too much risk due to the fact everyone is using the same company and the same product, meaning that if some disease for that crop came along, it would kill off a massive part of the world's food supply. We need diversity in our crop that Monsanto doesn't actually offer, because the risk of everyone using the same crop is way too high.
>>
>>80938071
Just remember, GMO's are non-kosher.
>>
>>80944180
To compete with what? Selling grain and produce?
>>
>>80944195

You do realize that GMO's were not the only agricultural advance your nation had?
>>
>>80938071
Studying in a university with a major research program in GMOs so I'm probably biased but yes. GMOs are essentially just the logical next step after selective breeding which we've already done for millennia. Not a single one of us has ever eaten a purely natural banana so I don't see why the muh nature luddites are complaining so much. Oh and GMO =/= muh chemicals.
>>
>>80944081
There are a lot of proteins you shouldn't eat, and the difference between them and food often less than a few links of DNA.
>>
>>80944197
If they did we would already be sterile since GMOs have not introduced any new ingredient from outer space.
>>
>>80944270

You do realize a lot of poorer nations main export are food and other crops. If they can't keep up with the new overpriced technology then they will get undercut or pushed out the market.
>>
>>80941715
>spray GMO into plants
What the fuck man, do you even know what GM crops are?
>>
>>80944209
>everyone is using the same company
But everyone is not using the same company. Some people buy their GMO seeds from Cargill, BASF, DuPont, and half a dozen other companies.
>>
>>80938071
I support speed
>>
>>80941832
Best answer.
>>
>>80944360
>If they did we would already be sterile
the first plant produced - 1983, public mass consumption 10 years later than that
where did you count 3 generations?
>>
>>80938071
You can plant "GMOs" in Mojave Desert.
>>
>>80944197
R A R E
>>
>>80944395
Yes, progress will happen. They're expensive to raise crops will be too expensive to sell as cheaply as the GMOs.
>>
>>80944335
>just a few DNA links away from being dangerous
if the modified protein is scaring you because it could mutate and become dangerous, then why aren't you afraid of all the other proteins you eat because they could have mutated as well, and just because the DNA for a protein is close to the DNA of a toxic protein doesn't mean it's anymore dangerous than any other protein, that not how proteins do
>>
>>80944316
The problem is when the kikes are doing the modifiying part.

Sure, i'll grow you burgers some GMO crap. But i plant regular for myself. Not organic, just non-gmo.
>>
File: MONSANTO-HERBICIDE.jpg (74 KB, 583x590) Image search: [Google]
MONSANTO-HERBICIDE.jpg
74 KB, 583x590
>>80943818
No, since they are so resistant to phosphate you can spray more of it on your crops and not harm them while killing everything else. The resulting higher residue was so ubiquitous and in excess of the legal limits that they changed the tolerance levels to accommodate the new reality a few years ago.
http://www.law360.com/articles/437344/epa-sets-new-residue-limits-for-monsanto-pesticide
>>
>>80944502
in nigger populations
>>
>>80944502
I'm not counting 3 generations. I'm talking millions of years of humans. There is no ingredient or molecule in GMOs that come from outer space....well, that we don't already have on earth.
>>
>>80944567

Sudden progress is anything but good. If automation happened in a year you would have anything from bloody riots to civil war.

Now imagine what would happen to a nation when around 15% of it's workforce is unemployed and have no other skills?

Imagine that happens in 1-2 years.

Do you see the problem now mister oblivious?
>>
>>80944685
selective breeding and messing with genes in a lab isnt the same
>>
Weren't there some studies that basically found out that crop yields haven't really grown compared to non-GMO fields but the herbicide and other poison shit usage has?
>>
>>80944656
GMOs have been made to resist pests and droughts.
>>
>>80944756
Yes, some strains are.
>>
>>80944197
how would they cause sterility?
the basic building blocks of the plant are just being swapped around, you aren't ingesting anything new, and when you digest it your body views all the blocks as equals and you ingest every kind of "block" unless you're some vegan shitter
>>
>>80944716
They aren't adding anything that makes humans sterile. They aren't even adding anything poisonous. They aren't even adding chemicals. They are adding genes.
>>
>>80944716
it isn't you're right but the result is the same: different proteins being used and different genes being expressed, GMO just achieved the result quicker and artificially compared to artificial selection
>>
>>80944870
>They aren't adding anything that makes humans sterile. They aren't even adding anything poisonous. They aren't even adding chemicals.
how can you prove this, and how can you trust the world of these 'scientific researches'?
Especially when Rockfeller supports them and talks about population control

I dont get how anyone can trust this so blindly, especially in this dark age that we're in
I, and so do many others also think that things like zika virus and bird flu are lab produced for the goal of population control. What makes GMO's 100% safe and proven? Even if they are 90% proven safe, the other 10% arent.
Why would you play russian roulette with something like that?
>>
>>80938071
With oversight, yes. GMOs are everywhere and so far, we're better for it.
>>
File: Revised-Seal-copy[1].jpg (375 KB, 1193x875) Image search: [Google]
Revised-Seal-copy[1].jpg
375 KB, 1193x875
Fuck no. GMOs are literal fucking poison- proven to be nutrient poor, cause cancer and digestive disease, and cascading environmental ruin. Big Agra censored the research on this and funded its own manipulated studies, touting it as safe and a solution to world hunger. Forgot which documentary redpilled me on this, but the studies showed mice got cancer after over a year, while the ones published by consanto are only 3 month studies.
Typical of the business world to do whatever it takes to get short term profit, temporarily high crop yields only to be left with barren dirt and contaminated everything.

I only buy organic or certified non gmo food, and as a rule avoid any soy, corn, canola and wheat not labeled as such, cause damn near all of it is GMO in the United States.
>>
>>80945221
>half of Americans diagnosed with cancer or obesity
>better for it
>>
>>80945229
thank you, you seem sane
>>
File: bill-gates-vaccine-depopulation.jpg (298 KB, 1440x960) Image search: [Google]
bill-gates-vaccine-depopulation.jpg
298 KB, 1440x960
>>80944756
Nigger, they could have been made to grow on the moon, but I don't trust that shit. Jewish slave traders with connections to eugenics are behind this trash. Are you kidding me?

>MONSANTO Family Were Jewish Slave Dealers And Owners http://www.rense.com/general76/ssje.htm

>Why is the Gates foundation investing in GM giant Monsanto?
https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/poverty-matters/2010/sep/29/gates-foundation-gm-monsanto

>BILL GATES’ PLANNED-PARENTHOOD-PRESIDENT DAD INSPIRED PRO-ABORT FUNDING
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/bill-gates-planned-parenthood-president-dad-inspired-pro-abort-funding

>Planned Parenthood's Biggest Donors Gave $374 Million in Four Years
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/alatheia-larsen/2015/07/31/planned-parenthoods-biggest-donors-gave-374-million-four-years
>>
I don't believe that food should ever be copyrighted in any way.

If you create a GMO and after extensive trials it's proven to be safe, and you release it for free in order to improve the situation in poor countries - that's fine.

But if you do it just to jew those who are already poor and starving - fuck off. That's evil.
>>
>>80944870
>>80945003
What don't you idiots understand. They genetically modify the plant to resist roundup, then make you buy roundup, which is poison (classified by the WHO themselves a probable carcinogen) to spray on the plants and prevent weeds/pests from spoiling them.and even that's starting to not work.
They are not changing genes of the plant in some attempt to get higher yields, or survive droughts, etc. They are not crossing two plants to get a new improved plant. They are fucking with nature and the truth is they have no idea what they are doing, all they know is it kills the goyim and makes them money. And you dumbshits deserve it. Wake up or die. I prefer you die.
>>
>>80945502
I think some posters here have been consuming GMOs for a while and they shill for it because their ego would get broken if they admitted to themselves they werent sure on the safety on them
I say stop consuming them asap, but you listen to my warnings at your own risk
>>
This thread just goes to show that Technocracy is the way to go, and that a majority of /pol / would be the third group to hang on the day of the rope.

>>80945502
>muh hubris
>muh man playing God
>stay WOKE lmao Xd
kys, Luddite
>>
File: 1467283168167[2].png (67 KB, 255x199) Image search: [Google]
1467283168167[2].png
67 KB, 255x199
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmpmeQDSn5g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQJr-53XVm4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnwS59lYPGU
>>
>>80945681

>Technocracy
>Because for some reason scientists know how to run a country or army
>>
>>80945229
I do this as well. You fucking retards who don't will get horrible diseases and wonder why, then you'll go to the doctor who will give you meds that do the same thing. There's a reason they only do 3-5 year studies on things like gmos and pharmaceuticals. Most sympoms won't show in a few years, and by 5-10 it's too late. And you'll think "how could this happen to me, it must have been chance" when in reality you paid your hard earned money for poison and believed the establishment lies like so many others. Organics are by no means perfect but at least were not eating something sprayed several times with poison. They even spray roundup on oats, a non gmo crop, to "increase yields"
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/non-gmo-cheerios-oats-still-sprayed-roundup-supplier-announces-1
>>
File: monsanto.jpg (7 KB, 295x171) Image search: [Google]
monsanto.jpg
7 KB, 295x171
>>
>>80945733
>non-viral organism
>modifying your own DNA
>gut flora
>your own DNA
This guy is absolutely retarded.

>>80945751
>sociology and psychology have no applications on managing large groups of people in efficient ways
>technocrats would for some reason run the armies, when polticians today don't run the armies.
>>
No fuck GMOs and fuck monsanto jews
>>
>>80945502
You're too fucking stupid for this conversation. GMOs are not made so they can be heavily sprayed with insecticides or grass killer. Especially the ones made to resist pests, disease, and drought.
>>
>>80945904
the burden of proof is on you to prove that GMO's are 100% safe to consume, and you are not doing it
you are providing no arguments for your thesis

you sir, are a shill
>>
>>80945654
I agree, my mom is one of those people sadly. Had breast cancer and still eats gmos till this day. Dad does too. People don't want to admit they've been living a lie their whole lives
>>
>>80945904

>sociology and psychology have no applications on managing large groups of people in efficient ways

You mean "soft sciences" with little scientific method behind them?

Not to mention it will be spouted by people lacking the social skills to work the masses.
>>
>>80945995
To be fair organic foods have poisons in them all the time as all sorts of organic shit festers in them. So organic food isn't 100% safe to consume either.
>>
>>80945502
>They are not changing genes of the plant in some attempt to get higher yields,

>more effective pesticides/herbicides do not lead to increased yields.

Kys.

>muh resistance build up

What is evolution? When they resist glyphosate than Monsanto will move on to another pesticide.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 788x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 788x576
If you believe in the fluride meme you are a spastic and should kill your self immediately. Delete your web browser and turn off the PC. It's a Jewish propaganda tool used for "mind control agenda" for us to think 6 million were test rabbits. No fucking way
>>
>>80945995
It's still on you to provide evidence for some mechanism that would make GMO's more dangerous than any other food.

They're literally made of the same stuff as everything else; they don't produce toxins, and there is no mechanism by which their chimeric DNA can influence your own, let alone on a large enough scale to actually cause health issues.

I can't help it if your tiny non-country lacks a function science education program, but your ignorance does not require me to educate you on public-school level biology.
>>
>>80946026
>I agree, my mom is one of those people sadly. Had breast cancer and still eats gmos till this day.
damn
sorry to hear that
atleast you can keep yourself and your children sharp if you teach them to not be lab rats

>>80946085
you can trust organic to be organic, its been organic for milenia
GMO's are arround for less than half a century
>>
File: 1463122288946.png (50 KB, 501x644) Image search: [Google]
1463122288946.png
50 KB, 501x644
>>80938071
Jews are smart, really high IQs. I wonder what they say...

>Meanwhile, Natural Food Certifiers—http://nfccertification.info—the leading entity in the U.S. determining whether natural or organic food is kosher, announced last week that any food product with an ingredient produced with GMOs is not eligible for kosher designation. http://eatlocalgrown.com/article/11364-kosher-certification-bans-all-gmo-ingredients.html

>A press release quoted its director, Rabbi Reuven Flamer, as saying: “While according to the strict letter of kosher food law a GMO food ingredient is not prohibited, in our view it is not natural. Additionally, there is a Torah-based law to ‘guard your health’. GMOs are the number-one growing concern among health-conscious consumers and for businesses in the natural and organic food market, as well as in the conventional food industry.”

>The rabbi continued: “Recent studies show that GMOs may cause various kinds of health problems from digestive disturbances to food allergies, and that GMOs require more herbicides, which is really the opposite reason why GMOs were touted to be so environmentally helpful in the first place.” He declared: “For all of the many reasons that GMOs raise a red flag, consumers simply don’t want them in their foods, and our clients want to accommodate their customers.”

>Israel’s Ministry of Health is preparing regulations to require labeling when a food product contains genetically modified corn or soy beans. Under the proposal, the words “genetically modified” are to appear on packaging. That’s more than what has been able to be done so far in the United States.

>GMO Food — Banning or Labeling It. And Is It Kosher?
http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/gmo-food-banning-or-labeling-it-and-is-it-kosher/
>>
>>80946144
>It's still on you to provide evidence for some mechanism that would make GMO's more dangerous than any other food.
they told you that there's researches that cause sterility in rats, and cause cancer
that makes them less than 100% safe
>>
>>80946049
>You mean "soft sciences" with little scientific method behind them?
It's more scientific than working with your gut, and even then, who says that the technocrats are the public officials?
It's easy enough to hire charismatic people to do the speaking, they just don't necessarily do the thinking.
Is the spokesman of a company responsible for any of the decisions or policies of that company, necessarily?
>>
The same thing Monsanto is doing happend a long time before.
>make computer virus
>infect computers
>make anti-virus
>sell product
I think that with such an business plan and the way theyre pushing for a monopoly on the food industry, you cant think that this company will provide you much goed.
>>
>>80938071
Yes. They are necessary for shitholes like Africa, India and China to feed themselves.

What I don't like is that GMOs are licensed seeds that are sold an you can't replant, you also have to buy Monstanto pesticides and Monsanto fertilizer and so on...

Why I don't understand is why people fear GMO...

It's just DNA inside. You make one protein instead of another. People were okay with lead pipes and asbestos like 30 years ago. And there things are 50 times more deadly.

GMO is literally just insert this or that gene to get something else. People aren't scared to eat turtles because they contain turtle DNA...

So my quesiton is why be scared of GMO.

I can understand pesticide issues. But they're using them on non GMO crops too.
>>
>>80946176
>you can trust organic to be organic, its been organic for milenia
>GMO's are arround for less than half a century

>it's natural, so it's good
>it's new, so it's bad
ebin

>>80946226
>they
Who is "they"? Anyone sounding vaguely authoritative and who you agree with?

>researches that cause sterility in rats, and cause cancer
Last time I checked rats aren't perfectly comparable to humans. Regardless, I'd love to see these studies.
>>
>>80946321
>So my quesiton is why be scared of GMO.
Because muh MAN'S HUBRIS
MUH TOYING WITH NATURE
MUH PLAYING GOD

Nothing else to it.
>>
>>80946262
The same bastards own the pharmaceutical and medical supply companies as well. They'll get you sick and they sell you the treatment. When they're done with you, they probably have investments in the funeral business so they can sell you the coffin.
>>
>>80946103
They don't, actually, and any study that says they do was likely funded by the companies who push gmos

There was a study showing that the nutritional value of gmo plants was in fact much lower than organics, gmos literally have no evidence supporting their superiority, find something about it for me if you can. And don't cite that retarded Stanford study
>>
>>80946345
>Anyone sounding vaguely authoritative and who you agree with?
I hate to answer with a question but

who are they who can prove 100% safety of GMOs? Bill Gates?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vzFeiKH1jQ
>>
>>80943164
Did you not fucking read the graph?
Farm input has dropped, so have the number of farmers. Automation is helping this but actual farm input has also dropped which means that there's LESS automation needed.
GMO's do most of the work in farming.
>>80% of the world is starving
>Generalization
>Citation needed
>Also lol. no

>>Oh also the topsoil is now little more than a dead sponge thanks to all the poison that's been pumped into it.
>Citation needed

>>The countries you mentioned already were superpowers long before GMOs

This is the only thing you've said so far that's made sense. Yes being a superpower (Canada, AUS, and NZ aren't superpowers but the U.S also makes up more than 50% of world food exports so lets talk about it) helps, and having established agriculture but so did Europe? And yet the States grows more food. This has to do with land area and soil quality but also the prevalence of GMO's in American farming.

The physical agricultural output per farmer in The States Canada NZ and AUS is far higher than in Europe.
>>
>>80946103
And moving onto another poisonous pesticide is somehow a good thing?
>>
>>80946115
"In terms of acute toxicity (i.e., the dose that can cause immediate toxic consequences), fluoride is more toxic than lead, but slightly less toxic than arsenic. This is why fluoride has long been used in rodenticides and pesticides to kill pests like rats and insects."
http://fluoridealert.org/issues/health/
>>
>>80946144
The fucking WHO named it a probable carcinogen
Thats all you need right there
But there's a hell of a lot more info about it out there, do some googling you stupid fucking goy.
>>
>>80946384
What hubris? Modifing DNA? The thing we've done since stone age with cross breeding?

And what will GMO lead to? Mutated babies? You're making it sounds like these plants are going to become ZERG or some shit.

Meanwhile genetic modification is like insert one gene aka a DNA sequence from a pig to produce that protein or that protein.

We've been playing God since we got a brain.

Somehow nobody seems to think that pumping bilions of CO2 and Methane in the air via cattle is hubris and playing god.Nobody thing the Chinese walls, the damn, the skyscrapers, the nukes, the space ships none of that is playing god. Clearing half of the Amazing. Nope just logging not playing god at all. The totally intended for us to clear this. Massive transformation projects all of the world building canals and whatnot killing and exterminating spices to better our lifestyles and industry.

But modifying DNA OH NO YOU'RE IN GODS TERRITORY NOW MOTHERFUCKER.
>>
>>80946494
>farmers pay tons of money for high tech seeds that don't increase yield

"The new study, in the journal PLOS One, comes down strongly on the pro-GMO side. It’s a meta-analysis that aggregates and examines the results of 147 existing research studies looking at GM soybeans, maize and cotton, the world’s biggest GM commodity crops. The authors, a pair of agricultural economists at Germany’s University of Göttingen, found that GM technology increased crop yields by 22 percent, reduced pesticide use by 37 percent, and increased farmer profits by 68 percent."

>>80946555
>and moving on to new anti-biopics is a good thing?
>>
>>80946866
*antibiotics
>>
>>80946516
>100% safety
Until there is evidence to suggest otherwise, it can be assumed that GMO's are safe for human consumption, as nothing in their creation would provide a mechanism by which they could harm humans.

>that video
Can you not understand English? The decrease is obviously referring to the growth of the human population, not the actual population.

>reduce it by 10 or 15% to 1.3
>from 6.8, this would bring the total pop to 8.1
>a reduction of 15% would be a nominal increase of about 1.5 or 1.6
>which comes out to around 8.4 or 8.5 billion
Seriously, tin foil if you want, but don't reach for straws.
>>
File: FreeVector-BASF.jpg (77 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
FreeVector-BASF.jpg
77 KB, 1024x724
Daily reminder that those companies that don't necessarily sell their products to end users and still have enormous marketing budgets to advertise (TV, radio, papers) to general public are usually onto something bad.
>>
>>80946798
>named it
Named what, exactly?
I want the exact chemical they're labeling.

>>80946855
Luddites are retarded doublethought duckspeakers, news at 9.
>>
>>80946798
>The fucking WHO named it a probable carcinogen
>Thats all you need right there

>not understanding most pesticides are probably carcinogenic
>not understanding sola dosis facit venenum
>>
>>80941546
Faggot
>>
>>80938071
>Do you support GMOs?
Yes.
What I don't support is dishonest corporate fucks taking over the food business.
>>
>>80946866
http://www.ewg.org/agmag/2015/03/claims-gmo-yield-increases-don-t-hold

"One witness was Professor Nina Fedoroff of Penn State University, who cited a study by German agricultural economists to bolster her claim that GMOs have increased crop yields by about 20 percent.

As she noted, GMO crops have been grown in the United States for more than 20 years, so we’ve had a fair amount of time to assess their effects.

So have GMOs actually increased yields?

Sadly, no.

Take corn, one of the mostly widely grown GE crops around the world. A major new paper found that average yields of GE corn in the United States from 1986 to 2011 were slightly lower than corn yields over the same period in western Europe, where GE crops aren’t grown. The research was led by Jack Heinemann, a professor of genetics at the University of Canterbury in New Zealand."
>>
>>80947021
God you shills don't quit
It's called fucking glyphosate, the active ingredient in Monsantos roundup
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/widely-used-herbicide-linked-to-cancer/
>>
>>80946914
>Until there is evidence to suggest otherwise, it can be assumed that GMO's are safe for human consumption,

where's the logic in that?

side A: GMOs are 100% safe
side B: GMOs are not 100% safe

clearly side A has the burden of proof

>>80946914
>Can you not understand English? The decrease is obviously referring to the growth of the human population, not the actual population.
I dont want to eat GMOs, and later on 45 years down the line find out that they cause sterility in my grandchildren, that's a good enough reason for me to not consume any GMOs my whole life. who cares about the percentages of population? why dont they just put a 2 children maximum law, like in China, so that everyone passes down their genes? why do they have to do it sneaky and poison you through food?
I refuse to be a test subject.
Germany, Russia, France, also the jews obviously dont want their population consuming it, since they banned them there.

until there is evidence to suggest otherwise it can be assumed that GMOs are not 100% safe to consume and without consequences
this is how it should be, you said it backwards

The court has to prove the accused of being guilty, the acused has the right to not say anything. The burden of proof is for the side making the bigger/newer claim. GMOs are 100% safe, is the bigger claim, as opposed to the other statement "GMOs are not 100% proven to be safe"
>>
File: fluoride-for-kids.jpg (57 KB, 600x309) Image search: [Google]
fluoride-for-kids.jpg
57 KB, 600x309
>>80946659
>>
>>80946798
> probable carcinogen
Want a list of other probable carcinogens?

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/othercarcinogens/generalinformationaboutcarcinogens/known-and-probable-human-carcinogens

Tabaco. (Oral, Smoked)
Ultraviolet light
Radon gas (part of every gas stove)
Aristolochic acid (and plants containing it)
Alcoholic beverages
Benzidine and dyes metabolized to benzidine
Cadmium and cadmium compounds
Engine exhaust, diesel
Ionizing radiation (all types)
Mineral oils, untreated or mildly treated
Outdoor air pollution (and the particulate matter in it)
Salted fish
Estrogens, steroidal

Just look at the list.
>>
>>80947408
What is your point? You're just reinforcing the fact that it's a probable carcinogen? Tobacco gives you cancer undoubtedly
Glyphosate does the same.
>>
>>80938071
Monsanto's a shitty company, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the concept of genetically modified plants and animals.

What's natural isn't necessarily what's best, and the people that think otherwise are free to die at 40 just like their ancestors did naturally 100 years ago.
>>
File: Competition.jpg (273 KB, 1498x936) Image search: [Google]
Competition.jpg
273 KB, 1498x936
>>80938071
No.

Mainly because I do not trust the private sector to be responsible enough to care for our health, safety and environment. Sure it would be bad business to sell us stuff that would downright kill us, but they could not care any less for long term effects and are quick to bribe, lobby or threaten whoever might claim such a thing.

Not to mention all the patents and copyrights related to GMO's and whatever shit Monsanto brings out.

>>80938155
"either the FDA (4), the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) (5), nor the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) (6) has done any long-term human health or environmental impact studies of GE foods or crops, nor has any mandatory regulation specific to GE food been established. Biotech companies are on the honor system. They have virtually no requirements to show that this new technology is safe."
http://www.centerforfoodsafety.org/issues/311/ge-foods/myths-and-realities-of-ge-crops

" There is no long-term study showing that GE foods or crops are safe, yet the biotech industry and government have allowed our environment and our families to become guinea pigs in these experiments. Doctors around the world have warned that GE foods may cause unexpected health consequences that may take years to develop. Laboratory and field evidence shows that GE crops can harm beneficial insects, damage soils and transfer GE genes in the environment, thereby contaminating neighboring crops and potentially creating uncontrollable weeds."
>>
>>80947198
>88% of corn in the U.S. is GMO and 93% of soybean
>farmers pay for expensive seeds even though they don't increase yield.

Just curious as to what your tinfoil conspiracy for its use its use is then. Does Monsanto kidnap farmers families and force them to use it?
>>
>>80946866
Also willing to bet this was funded by German company Bayer (they make pesticides) and if not then probably Monsanto
>>
>>80947278
Then just wash off the herbicide you fucking idiot! Jesus Christ, were you repeatedly thrown as a child?

>>80947279
Except for the fact that literally nothing is 100% safe, it's more illogical to demand proof that something is "100% percent safe", even if that something has not been changed in ways that would provide some such mechanism that would make them unsafe.

>I dont want t... through food?
Well, for one, not everyone deserves to pass on their genes. Eugenics was potentially the greatest thing mankind would have ever done, and it's a shame it got neutered before it even got started.

>Germany, Russia, France, also the jews obviously dont want their population consuming it, since they banned them there.
Gee golly, first world nations full of first world peoples want to breed while they phase out the inferior second worlders and third worlders; what a shock!
Of course, this would even imply that GMO's are an attempt at population control.

>until there is evidence to suggest otherwise it can be assumed that GMOs are not 100% safe to consume and without consequences
Why even claim it's unsafe in the first place outside of fear of the unknown and new? As I have said, there is no mechanism in the design of GMOs that would make them any more or less dangerous than the organism they are created from.
>>
>>80947539
Did you only look at the first entry on the list, or what?
>>
>>80947710
Farmers don't pay for shit they're heavily subsidized by the government
>>
>GMOs
Fuck yes
>trademarking seeds
Fuck off
>>
>>80947755
>Well, for one, not everyone deserves to pass on their genes. Eugenics was potentially the greatest thing mankind would have ever done, and it's a shame it got neutered before it even got started.

>Gee golly, first world nations full of first world peoples want to breed while they phase out the inferior second worlders and third worlders; what a shock!

ok, clearly Im right about not consuming GMOs
>>
>>80947755
It gets absorbed into the food you fucking mong. You can't just wash all of it off. And do you perhaps wash off the soybeans/corn/wheat that most processed foods are made of before the factory creates it? This shit is in fucking EVERYTHING you eat.
>>
>>80947832
Lol okay.

I'm guessing you think organic crops yield as much as ones with chemical fertilizer.
>>
>>80947937
>he didn't read my third sentence
Why would I expect anything less from an off-brand Greek.
>>
>>80947813
No you dumbass I just named one. Your argument is not even an argument, all those things probably cause cancer, yes, so what? Are you trying to say some of them somehow don't?
>>
>>80948006
>It gets absorbed into the food you fucking mong.
In quantities sufficient to be toxic? gimme some proofs, famalam.

>And do you perhaps wash off the soybeans/corn/wheat that most processed foods are made of before the factory creates it? This shit is in fucking EVERYTHING you eat.
They are literally required by law to wash that shit down, fampai.
>>
>>80948129
Is alcohol bad because it's a carcinogen?
Is going outside bad because it's a carcinogen?
Is eating salted fish bad because it's a carcinogen?
>>
>>80948073
I've read all I need to
no GMOs for me, you can have them all

and if any country deserves to get its population artificialy reduced its yours
you have the highest % of people shitting their pants while shopping at wallmart, and we dont want to pass on weak sphincters down the human gene pool
>>
>>80948020
Honestly whether they do or don't, is it worth ingesting toxic chemicals and predisposing yourself to cancer and other terrible diseases? That's more the point we're trying to make here. The yields part is just the lie Monsanto uses to sell their crops and poisons.
>>
>>80948181
>"another widely consumed thing being unsafe, proves that this unsafe thing I want you to consume is safe"
>>
>>80948181
Absolutely, alcohol is horrible for your health, are you retarded? It's linked to tons of diseases.
And the sun can give you skin cancer yes. Still your argument is nonexistent.
>>
>>80947687
>current year
>not trusting the monopoly jew
>>
>>80941483
>Not once have they designed something to increase food supply/fix famine, drought tolerance, or other world problems, only resist or in some cases emit poisons

Factually wrong
>>
>>80948197
>no GMOs for me, you can have them all
Sure thing, it just means less people having to work in agriculture.

>you have the highest % of people shitting their pants while shopping at wallmart, and we dont want to pass on weak sphincters down the human gene pool
I don't even know what stats your country exceeds in, because the most I know about your country is that some boy-fucker named Alexander conquered a bunch of shit a few thousand years ago.
And honestly, I don't even care enough to Google what your country is notable for.

>>80948241
And yet you don't see regulations on alcohol, people going outside, or people eating salted fish, do you?

The fatal flaw in your argument is the dichotomy between safe and unsafe; nothing is 100% safe.
>>
>>80948455
Show me something please?
>>
>>80948223
>this company brings in $15 billion a year on promises that are never actualized, and people continue to buy from them.

Do you realize how stupid you sound?
>>
>>80948181
>is alcohol bad
definitely yes. it's addictive, fucks up your liver, and makes you fat.

carcinogens are worse based on usage/exposure. smoking will fuck up your lungs and give you a high chance of lung cancer because you are constantly smoking. eating a mildly carcinogenic food every once in a while is barely going to affect your chance of getting cancer. you'd have to eat carcinogenic foods for pretty much all of your diet with no antioxidants present for them to be a concern.
>>
>>80948354
>Absolutely, alcohol is horrible for your health, are you retarded? It's linked to tons of diseases.
And yet we don't see casual "one bottle every other day or two" drinkers being walking examples of a medical textbook, now do we?

>And the sun can give you skin cancer yes. Still your argument is nonexistent.
The argument is that just as too much sun can give you cancer, likewise, not too much sun won't give you cancer. The same argument applies to glysophate.

The dosage makes the poison, you retarded half-nigger.
>>
>>80938071
I support GMOs. I do not support Monsanto.
>>
>>80947687
>>" There is no long-term study showing that GE foods or crops are safe, yet the biotech industry and government have allowed our environment and our families to become guinea pigs in these experiments. Doctors around the world have warned that GE foods may cause unexpected health consequences that may take years to develop. Laboratory and field evidence shows that GE crops can harm beneficial insects, damage soils and transfer GE genes in the environment, thereby contaminating neighboring crops and potentially creating uncontrollable weeds."

This is the part these fuckers dont understand, there crops are not isolated so they can do what they want, it can affect the whole world in terrible ways, people should just burn it all like hungarians did.
>>
>>80948571
>definitely yes. it's addictive, fucks up your liver, and makes you fat.
While I don't disagree, that's besides the point in regards to its carcinogenic properties, and even then those effects are only notable in regular and heavy drinkers.
>>
I don't like the fact that Monsanto's seeds can be spread in the wind and somehow end up in my garden, and now Mansanto owns the patents and rights to my garden and can sue me.
>>
File: img_research_plant_fig01_big.jpg (82 KB, 617x439) Image search: [Google]
img_research_plant_fig01_big.jpg
82 KB, 617x439
>>80948006
>It gets absorbed into the food

Do you realize that most herbicides, pesticides and fungicides are based on molecules produced by plants when they're attacked?

The goal of synthetizing those molecules is to prevent the attack from the exterior of the produce and to prevent the plant from secreting them, because it's easier to wash an apple than to remove "natural" toxins produce inside it.

Pic related.
>>
>>80948474
>you don't see regulations on alcohol
What
They warn you on the fucking bottle that it's bad for your health. And you have to be 21 to drink it. Those are 2 regulations, of many, that exist

I just hope all you sheep take what some of us have said and use some critical thinking to do more research on the subjects. Question everything. To not do so is purely ignorant. As /pol/lacks you should all know this
>>
>>80947539
My point is substances classified as "probable carcinogen" are as abundant as 4chan shitty posts. Everything is probably carcinogenous.
>>
>>80938071
No, Monsanto and the sorts can all fuck off. If poisoning the planet while making farmers dependant of them seems like a good idea than go ahead and support them. I'm more for a ecological sensible way of farming meaning more local produce and not chemically and biologically altered seeds. I do understand that it can make the seeds stronger and better but I see no need for making us all dependant of them.
>>
>>80948589
And what I'm saying is glyphosate residue is in nearly every type of food out there that's not organic. And it's even managed to contaminate some organic foods. That means you're not eating it in moderation, your eating it every day of your life. If you sucked a tailpipe every day of your life you'd fucking die.
>>
>>80948603
>There is no long-term study showing that GE foods

Yes there is. More than 2000 studies, actually. The moron that wrote that does not know how to research scientific papers.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25184846
https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2013/10/08/with-2000-global-studies-confirming-safety-gm-foods-among-most-analyzed-subject-in-science/

>IM TOO DUMB TO SEARCH OUTSIDE WIKIPEDIA THEREFORE THERE ARE NO STUDIES

Moron.
>>
>>80948857
Regular tomato is not, GMO tomato is, which one would you eat? Why take that chance?
We wouldnt starve without GMOs, how the fuck did we eat before them?
>>
File: tumblr_loa1frbNyZ1qc6li3.jpg (16 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_loa1frbNyZ1qc6li3.jpg
16 KB, 300x199
>>80948994
> glyphosate residue is in nearly every type of food out there that's not organic.

"Life cycle analysis reveals higher agroecological benefits of organic and low-input apple production" 2013 Alaphilipe et al.

>YFW There is 4 times as much toxic fungicide on organic apples
>YFW "organic" farmers do twice the number of pulverisation of heavy metals such as copper
>YFW organic apples are more carcinogen because they have thrice as much 1,4-Dichlorobenzene

Facts > Your feelings.

Fucking hippie
>>
>>80948994
>organic foods don't have carcinogens sprayed on them

http://ascienceenthusiast.com/organic-crops-use-carcinogenic-pesticides/
>>
File: roundup-test-d-magna.png (98 KB, 1547x907) Image search: [Google]
roundup-test-d-magna.png
98 KB, 1547x907
>>80948133
>Roundup and Glyphosate Toxicity Have Been Grossly Underestimated
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/07/30/glyphosate-toxicity.aspx
>>
>>80949008
>Implying fraud isn't rampant among scientific papers
Scientists are for hire just like anyone else. And who has the money to hire them? Big agri and big pharm.
This is nothing new, companies will do experients until they get the results they want, then they stop. They'll purposely not include controls and do all types of things to manipulate studies. At the end of the day the company needs to "prove" why their product is safe so they can make money. They stop at nothing for this
>>
>>80938071

In theory there's nothing wrong with them but like everything to do with America it is corrupt as fuck and they are pulling out all the jew stops to keep it as secretive as possible and fuck over small farmers all thanks to the US government.
>>
>>80948603
http://www.truthwiki.org/genetic-literacy-project/

"GMO lobbying outfit funded by Monsanto, the “Genetic Literacy Project” is run by its Executive Director, the infamous Jon Entine, the world’s leading biotech shill and character assassination operative. Sporting financial ties to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, (1) Entine is a media-savvy corporate propagandist (2) and pseudo-journalist who uses the Genetic Literacy Project (GLP) website to front the opinions and positions of chemical-agriculture corporations while pretending to be an independent journalist."
>>
>>80949350

mean to quote
>>80949008
>>
>>80949336
Additionally, you can't go through and prove/test every scientific paper.

Some things are published and go unchallenged for years before it comes to light that they're false or flawed.
>>
>>80949336
>if it doesn't fit my narrative its fraud
Calm down Hillary, well have you in a cell soon enough.
>>
>>80949302
Given that's true then they shouldn't be eaten either.. is there a source for that
>>
>>80949302
>Fucking hippie
>US sock puppet

You are almost full niggers but still not like burgers.

Eat cancer causing food all you want, Acmed.

Here is a dose of real life for you
http://www.thelocal.fr/20160226/french-farming-hit-by-600-suicides-a-year
>>
>>80948761
>I just hope all you sheep take what some of us have said and use some critical thinking to do more research on the subjects.
There's "critical thinking" and then there's "entertaining every asinine thought that enters your head that supports your noble quest to fight against some grand conspiracy".

You are doing the latter.

>>80948994
I love how you equate it to sucking on a tailpipe; perhaps a more apt description would be breathing the air of a moderately populated town with a normal amount of automotives?
Your argument depends entirely on the toxicity of glysophate in regards to humans, and exactly how much residue is on the actual foods.

>>80949046
>We wouldnt starve without GMOs, how the fuck did we eat before them?
We had less people then, idiot.
>>
File: child-no.png (192 KB, 383x300) Image search: [Google]
child-no.png
192 KB, 383x300
>>80949302
>mfw i don't eat apples
>>
>>80949335
>OHLOLOL IM MUCH MOHRE INTELLIJENT THAN THE IARC LOOKE AT ME

Yeah, it's known and referred to in the IARC report. Glyphosate is toxic at very, very high doses. Roundup is toxic at lower doses. It's because the surfactants in Roundup are much more toxic than glyphosate.
>>
>>80949336
>Implying government scientist are bought by companies

Typical argument of the anti-vaxxer fat suburban mom that don't understand how research works. You know that public money and govt scientists also funded the invention of the internet that you're using to spread your moronism, or do you not believe in that either?
>>
>>80938071
i don't support modifying that which is perfect to begin with, nature has made them just as they should be, it's our inability to nurse and feed the plants for maximum yield like supplying the best bio organism's into the soil. Organic has proven to be always better, trying to make a natural product with unnatural means seams rather backwards
>>
>>80949451
>be French farmer
>don't use GMO because country bans it because feelings
>work 70 hours a week
>price of crop plunges as technological Americans use GMO to increase yield and decrease necessary labor
>off yourself after working so hard and getting so little as rich American farmers fuck around and shoot their freedom toys.
>>
>>80949437
"Life cycle analysis reveals higher agroecological benefits of organic and low-input apple production" 2013 Alaphilipe et al.

That's the source, it's called a scientific paper made by independent govt scientists that tried to prove how much safer organic is, and ended up with results that proved the contrary
>>
>>80949472
Like that doesn't apply to other organic food. Typical american, can't see farther than the apex of their obese belly.
>>
>>80949685
>i don't support modifying that which is perfect to begin with, nature has made them just as they should be
>evolution has a teleos

Holy shit Finland, educate yourself.
>>
>>80949685
>MFW that Norwegian eats dung in the woods, doesn't use tools, lives naked and has a 24-year life expectancy
>it's natural
>>
>>80949870
they eat GMO for a long time, drop
>>
>>80950050
Like expressing one less or more protein changes the nutritional content of the food.
Why do people even give their opinion about GMO when they don't even know what it is?

When a professional looks at your car or at your electrical outlets y'all don't tell them how to do their jobs I hope? Then shut the fuck up if you're not a geneticist.
>>
>>80949682
Depends a lot on the government though, United States is basically under corporatocracy so it's really hard to see how far the corruption spreads in the government level. With research one should be very vary about who is funding the research or the people or institution responsible for it.

Shits fucking ridiculous in the states.
http://gmwatch.org/news/latest-news/16438-new-report-probes-pro-gmo-journalists
>>
File: 2757236-3x2-340x227.jpg (17 KB, 340x227) Image search: [Google]
2757236-3x2-340x227.jpg
17 KB, 340x227
>>80950041
>HERP DERP AVOIDING GMOS IS LIKE LIVING IN THE STONE AGE

I've had relatives live as old as 100 without the modern convenience or aid of GMOs, fluoride, and vaccines and I'm sure I'll do as well without them. With them, I doubt it, but why don't you get a healthy dose of those miracles of science (designed by an elite group of psychopaths that think the world is overpopulated but for some reason want to improve your health and longevity) and report back in a few decades.
>>
>>80951127
>I've had relatives live as old as 100 without the modern convenience or aid of GMOs, fluoride, and vaccines and I'm sure I'll do as well without them.
>some people did well
>therefor, I am likely to do well as well
lmao

>With them, I doubt it, but why don't you get a healthy dose of those miracles of science (designed by an elite group of psychopaths that think the world is overpopulated but for some reason want to improve your health and longevity) and report back in a few decades.
The world is overpopulated by 3rd worlders and subhumans, but it's a good idea to improve the health of actually productive humans.
Take your tinfoil and shove it back up your ass, where it came from.
>>
>>80951127
>I've had relatives live as old as 100 without vaccines

That's not how science works you moron. You look at the average of the population, not the outliers. I hope you get polio and end up for the rest of your life in an iron lung to let you the time to think about it;

>Fluoride

That explains a lot. Fluoride defiency induces mental retardation. You sure seem like to have had way too few of it in your childhood.
>>
>>80951127
>I've had relatives live as old as 100 without the modern convenience or aid
Oh yeah? Your grandparents?
Newsflash, even your grandparents, when THEY were children, benefited from what could be considered "modern" science and medicine.

How long did your ancestors live 300 years ago?
>>
File: le_sad_merchant.png (70 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
le_sad_merchant.png
70 KB, 350x200
>>80951356
>Harvard Study Confirms Fluoride Reduces Children’s IQ
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/fluoride_b_2479833.html
>>
>>80951580
>Harvard
>trusting an institution full of Jews
smugfrog
>>
>>80951426
Great-grandparent lived to be 100. I see no appreciable extension to longevity for over 4 generations. In fact, if anything, life expectancy has gone down in my family. A reversal of way of life would be better than continuing the trend in my opinion.
>>
>>80943631
>>80943791
>Apparently getting a job will somehow change that Bill Gates correlates vaccinations and public healthcare with lowering human population

You do have a job already, right? Let me guess... JIDF? Applied Memetics? That kinda thing?
>>
>>80951630
I'd usually be in agreement with you on Harvard, but I couldn't see an angle for them to lie about this. I'm surprised they did the study in the first place, actually. But you can haz more:

>As of April 2016, a total of 57 studies have investigated the relationship between fluoride and human intelligence, and a total of 38 studies have investigated the relationship fluoride and learning/memory in animals. Of these investigations, 50 of the 57 human studies have found that elevated fluoride exposure is associated with reduced IQ, while 37 of the 39 animal studies have found that fluoride exposure impairs the learning and/or memory capacity of animals. The human studies, which are based on IQ examinations of over 12,000 children, provide compelling evidence that fluoride exposure during the early years of life can damage a child’s developing brain.

>FLUORIDE & IQ: THE 50 STUDIES
http://fluoridealert.org/studies/brain01/
>>
>muh GMOs are bad
>muh fluoride
I hope you guys are joking

Holy shit /pol/ only attracts retards nowadays.
>>
File: 1460974110635s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1460974110635s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>80951323
>I don't expect to live to 100 dumb ass, but I expect my life expectancy to be no better than that of my great-grandparents. When I was a kid, they said we'd be living to 150 by now. It ain't happening.

And there's too much money to be made in pharmaceuticals and health care for them to give a damn about your health. But you can keep believing that they give two shits about you, if it makes you feel better.
>>
>>80941715
>spray GMO into plants
I think you mean spray the RoundupReady patented herbicide onto their matching and patented sue-you-able GMO subscription-seed abominations
>>
All this autism in one thread, good work OP

>>80938614
>>80944068
>le monsanto memes

>>80941483
Idiot

>>80940640
>>80949685

>buying hierloom
Enjoy the worms and parasites!

>>80943177
>>80941832
Euros wanting more government regulation

>>80943858
>>80945939

>education
>>
>>80952208
Your women are literally sucking dick for sandwiches. Of course, you wouldn't care what's in your food or water. But we're talking about first world problems in this thread. Not merely survival, but quality of life.
>>
>>80938071
no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0TK_vk-XDM
>>
>>80938071
>this one specific company is mean to farmers
>lets stop trying to make agriculture better ever because of this
>>
>>80955342
It's not just the company. It's your entire patent and copyrights system that is fucked and corrupt.
>>
>>80938071
No. Let people starve.
Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.