[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do parallel universes exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 12
File: 20130920-011654.jpg (46 KB, 595x420) Image search: [Google]
20130920-011654.jpg
46 KB, 595x420
The strange mystery of the man from Taured

It’s July 1954; a hot day. A man arrives at Tokyo airport in Japan. He’s of Caucasian appearance and conventional-looking. But the officials are suspicious.

On checking his passport, they see that he hails from a country called Taured. The passport looked genuine, except for the fact that there is no such country as Taured – well, at least in our dimension.

The man is interrogated, and asked to point out where his country supposedly exists on a map.

He immediately points his finger towards the Principality of Andorra, but becomes angry and confused. He’s never heard of Andorra, and can’t understand why his homeland of Taured isn’t there.
Tokyo airport
>>
According to him it should have been, for it had existed for more than 1,000 years!

Customs officials found him in possession of money from several different European currencies.

His passport had been stamped by many airports around the globe, including previous visits to Tokyo.

Baffled, they took him to a local hotel and placed him in a room with two guards outside until they could get to the bottom of the mystery.

The company he claimed to work for had no knowledge of him, although he had copious amounts of documentation to prove his point.

The man from Taured
The hotel he claimed to have a reservation for had never heard of him either.

The company officials in Tokyo he was there to do business with? Yup, you’ve guessed it – they just shook their heads too.

Later, when the hotel room he was held in was opened, the man had disappeared.

The police established that he could not have escaped out of the window – the room was several floors up, and there was no balcony. ?
He was never seen again, and the mystery was never solved.

Similar happenings to the Taured mystery have occurred before. In 1851, a man wandering Frankfurt an der Oder in Germany claimed he was from a country called “Laxaria”, a state found on the continent of “Sakria”.

Another man, who spoke a completely unrecognizable language, was caught stealing bread in Paris in 1905. He said he was from “Lizbia”, and although the man did not speak Portuguese nor recognize Portugal as his homeland on a map, the authorities assumed he meant Lisbon, the capital of Portugal.
>>
----> /x/ is that way
>>
Is this news to people? parallels dimensions are in fact real.

Somewhere theres a dimension were germany won ww1 and europe is now a gigantic prussia.
>>
>TFW there's a universe out there where Islam never happened and Euroope is still great

>TFW I'm not in that universe
>>
tl;dr muslim invader tries new tactics to infiltrade the infidels
>>
poo in loo

i think we all exist in our own universes, each decision we make creates a new future, one universe in which i chose to just answer, and this one, where I chose to advice you where to poop, perhaps one where I chose to overlook this particular thread, all the decisions that lead you to make this thread, I had to make decisions on the same timeline, that led me to be writing this, and you to starting it.

Truly, we can see God, and us as beings created in his image, has created this world, and we are merely players, in the grandest game.

Thank you

>poo in a loo
>>
>>71013870
>>71013886
What are drunk and mentally Ill people?
>>
>>71014125

correction
europe is now a gigantic collection of pussies
>>
That is why so many had to die in WWII.

They were only preparing them all for the final battle on the other side.
>>
In other news Angela Merkel has just announced that she will grant refugee status, cover housing, legal expenses and all living costs of anyone from a country that doesn't exist.
>>
>>71014250
I beg to differ. Dont mistake todays indoctrinated ww2 guilt ridden germanos with the old and based, born from a cannonball and warfare was the national sport.
>>
>>71013870
Yes, you're in one right now
>>
>>71014219
Are you this narrow minded? what about the passports and all the documentation he had on him.
>>
>>71014250
No, that's this universe.
>>
>>71014418
The last two examples seemed to fit this but the first one could've been someone pulling a prank.
>>
>>71014418
Autism and Forgeries. Nothing but forgeries made by an autistic man role playing that he had a job.
>>
>>71013870
>Do parallel universes exist?
>universes
universii is the proper terminology dipshit. you sound like a fucking retard
>>
>>71013870
>>71013886

>Google it up

>Man vanished and all documents too

Wow amzing story man
>>
>>71013870
Man from Taured is a hoax. There are no official records and the story only came out in the 80s in a paranormal compendium book.
>>
>>71014621
this is some pretty bad trolling, no wonder the Aussies are beating us.
>>
>>71014682
>Autism and Forgeries.
>>
>>71014342
kek
>>
File: dreaming.jpg (352 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
dreaming.jpg
352 KB, 600x800
Can you access parallel universes through your dreams? I have one or two distinct dreamverse that I occasionally dream in. In them I know my way around as if I lived in the dreamverse all of my life yet I know it's a dream--most of my dreams are semi-lucid and my sense of time, although not accurate to length, seems to have proportion. My dreamverse(s) have similarities with this universe. It seems mostly aesthetic that is different. The buildings seem more spacious and the streets, paths, and hallways broad. Tthe street layout are ever so slightly different.
>>
>>71014205

>i think we all exist in our own universes, each decision we make creates a new future, one universe in which i chose to just answer

Congrats, you have been infected with Solipsism.

Enjoy being spiritually dead.
>>
>>71014728
Pretty much. Cases like Caspar Hauser are much more interesting.
>>
>>71014722
fite me fgt
>>
I had a strange experience once. When I was in grade schoolit was during gym class, I was not sure what happened as it was in mid afternoon but I found myself waking up from the gym floor. No one noticed me pass out or anything and apperently I had a friend I never met before. I try not to reflect on this much but I can say I don't remeber much about my childhood before then. Sometimes I get strange dreams, like flashes of my childhood, some thing I am sure that happened and some that didn't. For one instance, I clearly remeber going on a cruise with my family and grandparents but my family do not remeber it, I insist it happened because I remeber my grandmother was there and that one of my sisters stole a bracelet from the gift store. The odd thing is that from what my mother says to me, my grandmother on her side, which would have been the one on the boat, died of cancer a year before I was born. I am not sure what to think really as I was 8 years old then and at the time I woke up from the gym floor I was 12. What are the chances that I suffered some type of shift, like I died and my consciousness moved to another reality?

I only ask this as a year before I suffereda bad appendicitis and my parents back that up and claim I almost died because it was septic. This would have happened 18 years ago as I am 30 now and I always claimed that around 1994, everything changed about the world to me.
>>
I heard there was a man named Pepe Silvia who had a giant backlog of letters addressed to him begin to pile up in a post office. But no one could find an actual person named Pepe Silvia.
>>
>Just a story? The story appeared in the book “The Directory of Possibilities”, Colin Wilson & John Grant [Corgi Paperback, 1982. ISBN: 0-552-119946].

>No one knows for certain if this was a factual account. No documents or newspaper clippings exist other than what was written by Colin Wilson and John Grant.
>>
File: Jorge_Luis_Borges.jpg (13 KB, 292x500) Image search: [Google]
Jorge_Luis_Borges.jpg
13 KB, 292x500
Ahem...
Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius
>>
>>71014767
I have something similar. I have dreams where I know I've been there before kind of like a rerun. I almost know I'm dreaming but never decide to do any of that cool lucid dreaming stuff for some reason.

Then when I wake up I realize I've never had any dreams like that before. Which is weird because every time I could swear I have been there before and experienced the same stuff. Like a dream deja vu
>>
Take it up with Carol in HR.
>>
>>71013870
I have a better mystery:

>The strange mystery of the country that didn't poo in loo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3537652/Swindon-takeaway-chef-prepared-food-wiping-bottom-bare-hands-doesn-t-use-toilet-paper-cultural-reasons.html
>>
>>71015090
Take it up with Carol in HR.
>>
>>71013870
POO
>>
File: Redeemer.jpg (311 KB, 800x772) Image search: [Google]
Redeemer.jpg
311 KB, 800x772
>it's an /x/ and /pol/ explore zany fringe topics again episode

Read up on your Gnostics, they had that shit locked down from the start. There's only one "parallel" universe, which is the anti-matter universe, universe B, which together with universe A (Heaven) acts as one of the lenses of the prism that project our reality into manifestation.

And beleive me, it would be best if no one came visiting from there.

Pic related.
>>
>>71015132
Poo in the Quran
>>
>>71013870
I can say with 100% certainty that there does not exist a single dimension among the infinite number of them where you are not a complete faggot OP.
>>
Yes there are an infinite number of parallel dimensions. Just think, in one of them you aren't a loser like you are in this one.
>>
>>71013870
>>71013886
Is there a Universe out there where you poo in the loo?
>>
>>71015332
Someone took too much DMT.
>>
Shit like this makes me regret not applying to be a janitor.
>>
File: luciddreamingimage2.jpg (120 KB, 848x943) Image search: [Google]
luciddreamingimage2.jpg
120 KB, 848x943
>>71014887
>type of shift, like I died and my consciousness moved to another reality?
I have been having feelings of this thought lately. Maybe it's my youthful foolishness, not realizing I'm going to cease to exist one day, but I can't get rid of the feeling that "I/me" will move one, albeit ever so slightly different based on my experiences and physical and mental constitution in the "next" universe.

Perhaps, further, I am too attached to Berenstain Universe "me" and can't fathom that me and the fundamental elements of the timeline of, shall we say, the blocverse that lead to my creation. Perhaps the base elements of this consciousness, the framework for "me", what differentiates this consciousness from others, is able to move on to other "blocverses," that is other timeline groups.

For example, in this blocverse, the Allies won World War 2, and within this blocverse there are various timelines that can be stem from this event. In another blocverse, the Axis won World War 2, certainly the possible timelines in the Allied Victory blocverse is impossible to unfold, and almost as likely my existence. But maybe there is a base consciousness I share with other person who is compatible with "me" somehow. A universal soul, however soul may be defined, perhaps?
>>
>>71015480

>muh DMT memes

you have no sense of what is theologically correct and need to invest some time for reflecting on these issues.
>>
>>71014155
>there is a universe where Pim Fortuyn didn't get assassinated by the far left
>we aren't in that universe either

Fuck I'm still mad about that.
>>
>>71015332
I sometimes wonder is gnostics and cathars were extremely high iq populations within europe with extreme mathematical abilities whose knowledge we lsot when we killed them off

they understood the concept of dimensions and universal interactions such as causality and time space extending into our dimensions from interactions on higher levels, their orders of angels were comprised of polyhedrons, etc.

what did we lose, /pol?/
>>
>>71013870
We dont know. Still the string theory at least works from the math standpoint.. (almost no other Hypothesis works out) biggest problem there is no way we ever can test it... at least with what we know today...
>>
>>71015546

>muh three seasons of winter to sit around drunk on vodka thinking about issues
>>
>>71014887
yep. youve got the autism
>>
>>71015546
Bruce Conner is pleb tier and tries to paint the forces of evil as no more than clockwork elves manifested by our own psyches. The devil is real and it's footsoldiers walk amongst us.
>>
>>71015661
string theory has nothing to do with alternate dimensions. string theory builds upon the idea that dimensions extend into 13 dimensions, acting as coordinates in existing spacetime, e.g. 13 different axes by which subatomic particles interact independent of lengths or measurements of geodesics in 3d space, but not "surpassing" necessarily or alternative to what we exist in

schrodinger's cat is a function of the wave properties of subatomic interactions. it's a thought experiment, not a real phenomenon. there is no "alternate" dimension
>>
>>71013870
Right now there is a thread in another universe about the story of a man from Taured, that went to Japan only to find out it no longer existed.
>>
>>71013870

No, Parajeet, you can't place your designated shitting street in a parallel universe.

Use the loo.
>>
File: 1430058668940.png (18 KB, 368x328) Image search: [Google]
1430058668940.png
18 KB, 368x328
>>71015812

Dude i have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, i'm not into DMT and haven't tried it.

This is Gnosticism 101 which i'm talking about here.

>>71015663

Doesn't make the issue less valid, though.

>>71015589

>what did we lose, /pol/?

Our souls, basically.
>>
>>71013870
> SHUT IT DOWN!
>>
>>71016026
>The purpose of a world is to have a population of willing slaves
Slaves for what purpose?
>>
>>71015850
Hmm thx i think i understand a bit better?
So a bit like different dimension like a 2D character that can never ever see 3D even though it exist. Or a fish in water that only knows water as "reality"?
>>
>>71015538
I don't get too deep I to this like that but I do believe in some form of consciousness energy, maybe it could be tied to a theory like that.

>>71015685
Maybe, I did have my appendix ruptured inside of me for a day or two when I was 11. Who knows what that gunk inside that organ did to my body. I do know I could have died.
>>
>>71014767
I have a recurring setting that I dream of when I can remember deep long dreams.

some sort of anarchy coastal town
>>
>>71016026
not sure we have souls. and I'm not sure the gnostics were correct in the theological sense. it just seems to me that they were smart enough to build a theology around extremely complicated mathematical perceptions of reality that other europeans could not even begin to comprehend.

gnosticism was one of the biggest religous trends in europe, ever, and it consumed a large portion o f the population. I have a feeling they must have been the smartest europeans. some anthropologists estimate by skull size that europeans 400 years ago had effective iqs 15 points higher than today, even if they could only use it to farm.

the biggest flaw of the gnostics was that in observing the supreme knowledge of a structured universe beyond the perception of flesh, they thought the flesh was fake.

flesh is real. it is important, as is its regulation. and in their death, they seem to have left the world worse off
>>
>>71016086
its says suffering
>>
No one ever asked Colin Wilson (the guy who wrote directory of possibilities ) where he got the idea for taured travelled ?

Just ask him if he made it up. He's still alive
>>
>>71015425
And there is one where you dont waste your time at a screen trying to one up strangers in an attempt to inflate your apparently desperate ego
>>
File: 1416856729037.jpg (203 KB, 1134x1001) Image search: [Google]
1416856729037.jpg
203 KB, 1134x1001
>>71015332
can you please tell me more about this? Not trolling I'm interested.
>>
>>71016193

>not sure we have souls

We have a sort of a spriritual seed, The Spark, that can be sort of honed and developed into a full-fledged soul, or left to wither and die.

I'm not saying that Gnostics were correct about EVERYTHING, i adopted their general outlook because it really just makes the most sense when you take a good hard look around.

>the biggest flaw of the gnostics was that in observing the supreme knowledge of a structured universe beyond the perception of flesh, they thought the flesh was fake.

Yes - Head in The Skies, Feet on The Ground.
>>
>>71014767
Interesting, for my whole life I've had recurring dreams about unnaturally powerful thunderstorms. They would always reach my location (varying from dream to dream), and they would come with massive, loud lightning bolts that shake the ground and air itself as they hit near me.

The weird thing I just realized is that every one of those dreams seems to happen in the exactly same kind of "dream reality", which has characteristics not much unlike the actual reality.
>>
>>71014125

There's a world where Hitler won and each country in Europe has a huge statue of the man

Based
>>
>>71016086
Well I've read that emotions do contain energy, egregores and stuff. I know fringe autismos but the ability of the mind to find correlation where there seemingly isn't any is amazing.

If you start reading into that shit you'd get into quite the rabbit hole.
>>
>>71016161
not even like that, maybe.

the way it is explained is that the 13 dimensions exist within 3 dimensional space, and the higher the dimensions go, the smaller scale they are. so there's nothing "beyond" where we are, nothing we can't reach into. simply things that exist alongside us that we don't interact with.

mathematics would define dark matter as existing in such a dimension. it exists and exerts mass on stellar objects, but does not itneract with the nuclear or electromagnetic forces because it does not stimulate entropy via quanta.

the tinest of dimensions are just particles moving in a closed orbit with itself, its orbit not intersecting with anything else. other dimensions have orbits that take routes that are shorter than a "straight line" because mathematically straight lines don't exist. straight lines are an abstraction of pi, and all vectors eventually converge on their point of origin. so a series of interactions between loops creates a "geodesic" which is a shorter path between two points than any vector can reach, because all vectors are fundamentally curved. because all lines are curved A>B vis a single particle is NEVER the shortest path. A>X>B via two curved lines forms a shorter path, a new way of interacting between two points/particles, and hance, a new "dimension."

Draw two circles and make a venn diagram. the shortest path isn't following the perimeter or orbit. the shortest path is making a series of circles between them and following their perimeter. this is a geodesic, this is a new dimension. this is how subatomic particles interact

some say the cathars and gnostics were trying to describe things like this with their philosophy. maybe. maybe not. they were clearly smarter than christians tho
>>
>>71016354

https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

Look in the folder "Gnosticism" and read away. Also look up Dr. Stephan Hoeller on YouTube. He has a lot of lectures on this particular theology.

Also, PKD was an adept of this religion, and these motives are explored in his works pretty often and in-depth.
>>
>>71013870
There are infinite universes with magic n shit and universes where Hitler won, but how do intend to access them? Tunnelling over requires breaches in space.
>>
>>71014792
>each decision we make creates a new future

retard
>>
>>71014205

That means right at the moment of your death you create your own Universe, with you alone in it

Based
>>
>>71016649
Wow thanks for sharing this, gonna download everything.
>>
>>71016893

>i think we all exist in our own universes

Is what he said, everything after that literally doesn't matter.

That's fucking Solipsism, which is an abhorrent Satanic philosophy which is one of the reasons why our world and humanity are so fucked.
>>
>>71016893
>calling the wrong person retard

?
>>
>>71015332
Oh no a bunch of geometric fucking shapes truly it's the end times
>>
IN 1593, people in the main square (Plaza Mayor) in Mexico City were startled by the sudden appearance of a soldier who seemed to have come from nowhere. He was wearing the uniform of a regiment which at that moment was in Manila (in the Philippines), 9000 miles away. He seemed bewildered and asked where he was. When told that he was in Mexico City, he refused to believe it. Later, questioned by the authorities, he explained that he had been in Manila, when quite suddenly he had found himself in Mexico City.

Assuming he was a deserter, the authorities threw him into prison. During his interrogation, he told them that the Governor of the Philippines, Don Gomez Perez Dasmarinas, had been murdered. He was still in prison several weeks later when news came from a ship that had docked in Acapulco - the governor indeed was dead, murdered by a mutinous Chinese crew off Punta de Azufre, just as he was setting off on a military expedition against the Molucca Islands. That had happened on the day the soldier had appeared in Mexico City.

The Inquisition, suspecting witchcraft, ordered the soldier to be returned to Manila. There, a number of witnesses declared that he had been there on duty on the night of October 24, 1593, and had then disappeared.

Don Luis Gonzales Obregon, who recounts the story in Las Calles de Mejico, does not mention what became of the soldier. Neither does Dr Antonio de Morga, Justice of the Criminal Court of New Spain, in his Sucesos de las Islas Filipinas.
>>
haaa it's scientology!
>>
It doesn't matter.
>>
>>71014563
I do that everyday
Don't tell my mum she thinks I work on the board of JBHiFi, but I never even finished high school.
I have to make up stories everyday to tell her, as I sit on the beach and try and think of more ways to stretch out my dole
>>
>>71013870
there was also a guy who got washed up on the shore somewhere, said he was from country XY and came with big metall boats. i think back then they only had boats out of wood. then one day he disappeared and people said they saw giant steel ships from the beach..

Sorry i didn't get it together but you hear this story all the time when it's about this stuff
>>
>>71015564
>there is a universe where Patton nuked the commies and leftism was eradicated in the 50's
>we aren't in that universe either

Makes me mad, bro.
>>
File: WVrDU.jpg (30 KB, 504x336) Image search: [Google]
WVrDU.jpg
30 KB, 504x336
>>71016908

>mfw
>>
>>71013886

t. poo the paralLEL loo
>>
>>71013886
DESIGNATED
SHITTING
UNIVERSES
>>
File: 1453904602357.jpg (271 KB, 541x700) Image search: [Google]
1453904602357.jpg
271 KB, 541x700
>>71020368
>yfw
>>
>>71014418
He read it on 4chans internet so it must be true
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.