[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /pol/, I want your opinion on The Dead. No, not on if they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 31
File: GratefulDead.jpg (13 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
GratefulDead.jpg
13 KB, 180x180
Hey /pol/, I want your opinion on The Dead.
No, not on if they're good or not, but their direct and indirect impact upon modern day society.
I have a theory that a large chunk of cultural collapse in modern society can be blamed on them. They are solely responsible(minus acid) for the hippy movement starting in the early 60's. I hear you all complain about hippy ideology constantly, and while I agree, I don't think many of you understand that this is where it comes from.
I could be wrong, which is why I'm asking /pol/ what your opinions are. Any input or feedback is welcome. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>70871379
Fuck the grateful dead in the 1960s. Best years they had were 75-89. I refuse to see dead and company with the faggot John Mayer on leads. No Phil, no deal. The dead had a lot of talent. Jerry was an overweight drug addict degenerate. I prefer phish and 311 these days.
>>
>>70871733
I'm pretty young(21), but I went through a dead phase a couple years ago. Saw Furthur on close to a half sheet and that's been almost 4 years, I'm still trying to repair my brain. I see the damage that they've done though to society because of it, but my god was that show and every other one I saw phenomenal, and they only had Bob/Phil.
77 was their best year imo. I doubt anyone that saw those shows has half a mind left though hahaha. But fuck John Mayer, and I'm REALLY surprised anyone on /pol/ likes Phish. I saw Trey Anastasio Band live once and it made me want to claw my eyes out.
>>
>>70872140
Yes I like that type of music but I hate the crowd that comes tied to it. I can't go see a lot of these bands live because it makes wanna claw my eyes out. I post on pol and I'm all about jam music. I am also a trump supporter. I am not racist but like everyone else on here, I have no tolerance for niggers or Jews.
>>
Have never liked it. Had a friend in college a long time ago who was a stoner Deadhead fanatic with a million bootlegs that we would listen to while high as fuck.

It all sounds like the same shit to me, like Jerry Garcia and his guitar with an envelope filter on it singing something soft and full of notes from the bottom of a well.

A handful of the songs are okay. But most of it all just blends together into a big mush of ball-less hippie artistic passivity.
>>
Thanks for reminding about TGD existance, I'm going to listen to some Viola Lee Blues.
>>
>>70871379
When Jerry died the party ended.

Don't blame your SJW fascist paradise on him.
>>
>>70871379
their music sucks and all the fags on my kikebook "friends" list are bernbots and even post grateful dead bernie shit
>>
>>70871379

The remaining living members of the Grateful Dead are all members of Bohemian Grove. Mickey Heart has his own "camp".

After the acid test was over the US Government had literally millions of burnt out brain stems with dreds that obviously were not going to return to formed society, so they let a couple chemists stick with the band and keep the burnt out pieces of shit busy for decades.
>>
I wasn't the dead. It was the delayed death of Kurt Kobain.

It was immoral, but not degenerate in the way we experience it today. They were advocating Rock 'N' Roll and that entailed living hard.

>People can go out and hear R.E.M. if they want deep lyrics; but at the end of the night, they want to go home and get fucked! That's where AC/DC comes into it.
Malcolm Young

You wanted to be like those guys, because they were living the dream and getting all the girls. Robert Plant on stage was pure sex accompanied by some sleazy rhythm you could shake a leg to. Those rockstars in the 80s were flamboyant, but it only elevated them from the masses to a new level. Something you couldn't live in you every day live, they had on stage.

Then that huge faggot Kurt Cobain came along, destroyed Rock and sissified a whole generation. Instead of singing about loving girls people started crying and screeching about their feelings and instead of flashy stage costumes they wore cheap flannel shirts and the sprayed hair was now greasy and hanging down.
Kurt Cobain was the biggest degenerate and worse than Adolf Hitler.
>>
>>70874792
rock n roll is dead german bro, truly sad but we must look to the future now
>>
>not doing acid and listening to the dead
>>
Military psyop orchestrated to test control thru lsd and rythyms. Most of the original dead were ex military or kids of power brokers in the 60s.
>>
>>70871379
The only dead to blame are American greatest generationers who slaughtered indigenous Europeans for the Jew while the Jew directly slaughtered them under the red banner.
>>
File: Y1PKdrk.jpg (25 KB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
Y1PKdrk.jpg
25 KB, 420x300
>>70871379
Dear O.P.,

Consider first that you are a faggot without any valid argument. Your argument basically reads as follows:

I have a theory that a large chunk of cultural collapse can be blamed on them. First off you stupid fucking faggot fuck, what the fuck is your fucking theory. secondly to show that you truly are a stupid fuck, they are probably one of the only musical groups in history besides ICP that actually FORMED a culture.

How are they solely responsible, again since you are a stupid faggot you just say shit without evidence. The "Hippy" movement was actually a departure from traditional values of the time, which happens in every society, all THE FUCKING TIME WITH OR WITHOUT MUSIC.

Thirdly, I don't think you understand what the fuck you are talking about you stupid fuck, so shut the fuck up.

The Grateful Dead are not that good but they creataed their own culture and movement. The only movement and culture O.P. can manage to create is his bowel movements that are full of EColi.

Goto bed faggot.
>>
>>70875911

Yeah...they had fresh doses 24/7 with no government assistance what-so-ever. It was a movement of the people, man.
>>
>>70871379
I feel like you just redpilled the fuck out of me. The Dead were a substantially strong and efficient weapon of Marxism. And I dig the 1st two albums. Not that you wanted to know.

I never really bought it when people said same about Nirvana but this makes a lotta sense to me senpai.
>>
>>>/mu/

>lmao pol is the only board I browse so Ill just post anything that pops into my mind there XD
>>
>>70876376

The grateful dead is a political topic. Maybe you are just too young and stupid to understand?
>>
dude lsd dude
>>
>>70876110
...and lyrics written by fellows at harvard and yale.
just a coincidence.

>most dead songs are about patriotism or killing
>almost none are about being a barefoot freak
>>
File: 1410093629171.jpg (5 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
1410093629171.jpg
5 KB, 250x240
Twf you were born of the day Jerry died.
>>
>>70876613

I got to see the Grateful Dead with Jerry on a couple occasions. Their pre-80's sets were a mishmash of turn of the century folk music and their known songs, something like Row Jimmy > Whiskey In The Jar > Sugar Magnolia.

The idea being that you could pull in the rural people, the Vietnam vets, the hippies, and then dose them and observe.

I guess people aren't ready to understand still.
>>
File: diamondD.png (93 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
diamondD.png
93 KB, 256x256
>>70874925
>rock n roll is dead

Aaa-ohh Hey you! Who said that?
>>
LSD is a potent red pill experience, some people just get out of hand with it.
>>
>>70871379
Confirmed rare flag.
>>
>>70877316

Some people never put themselves back together. That was another aspect of the Dead. Maybe you understand the name now?
>>
File: basedsurfers.jpg (157 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
basedsurfers.jpg
157 KB, 682x1024
>>70871379
Bring me the head of Jerry Garcia.
>>
The Grateful Dead were originally called The Warlocks. Heh.
>>
>>70877316
Like the Una Bomber?
>>
File: Bohemian+grove.jpg (76 KB, 283x189) Image search: [Google]
Bohemian+grove.jpg
76 KB, 283x189
>>
>>70877818

He was the victim of direct and purposeful manipulation. Not the same thing. Also, he was on point, just terribly confused.
>>
My dad was a huge grateful dead fan; now he's a rich, red-pilled Doctor with a white wife, two white sons in top private US colleges, and a cute male dog.
>>
>>70878177
(He is also white)
>>
File: dt.common.streams.StreamServer.jpg (35 KB, 800x304) Image search: [Google]
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.jpg
35 KB, 800x304
>>
Saw them in San Francisco and Chicago last year.

If you drive across the American small town midwest and west listening to their songs you'll understand that the band was the real deal.

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDNA4mVezzU

Robert Hunter is still alive and kicking, and he wrote almost everything.
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 252x200
>>70878177

A lot of successful people love the Dead. They are Ann Coulter's favorite band.
>>
>>70878279

You didn't see them. You saw The Dead, which is nothing more than a retirement plan. Sorry, kid.
>>
>>70878022
Weren't the guys he targeted all using LSD at some point in their wild and young years?
>>
>>70871379
David McGowan Wierd Scenes From The Valley
/thread
>>
>>70878651

No. You are 100% incorrect.
>>
>>70878583
/shrug.
>>
>>70878279
Perfectly said. No better music for the open road
>>
File: 1459796756272.gif (430 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1459796756272.gif
430 KB, 300x300
>>70878583

>Thread asks opinion on The Dead
>Guy says he saw them
>You didn't see them, you saw The Dead
>>
>>70878827
Their accquaintances from that time all talked about it.
>>
>>70878971
It's like any old band, right? Not that the show you saw wasn't good. I'm not trying to discount your experience, but there is a difference in intent and method that we can't experience post 1994...Maybe 93.
>>
>>70879020
The Dead is the current band that you can see this summer if you want to.

Its confusing because oldfags call The Grateful Dead, the Dead. We don't capitalise the 'the'.
>>
The grateful dead was a powerful band. It had an entire cult movement that still exists today. Best Jam band ever. Very patriotic as well, made Uncle Sam cool as fuck. I miss them very much, bobby really shines still but its just not the same.
>>
File: thephony.jpg (86 KB, 383x357) Image search: [Google]
thephony.jpg
86 KB, 383x357
>>70877279
The corraled the people who would offer the most resistance, and enabled them to be identified with iconograpy. Most of which was illuminus to begin with.

>the Dead just happened to be the only band to play the Great Pyramids

All "counter culture" was controlled.
>the doors
>peter and jane fonda
>dennis hopper
>jefferson airplane
>charles manson
>>
You are wrong op.

Deadheads hate hippies.

In fact, deadheads are the most American counter culture there is.
>>
>>70879574

You are right on, my friend. You get it.
>>
>>70875911
Did I rustle your jimmies?

Thanks everyone else though. I'm looking into some of the different things you've contributed, many of which I was not aware.
>>
File: 51hrjrVpgFL._SY300_.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
51hrjrVpgFL._SY300_.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>not knowing about the real instigators of dude week culture
>>
>>70871379
>>70871379
The dead is a great band with a lot of great songs of different varieties. I have a lot of respect for all the members for different reasons.

I have a lot of respect for them, and I know a decent amount of conservatives who like the dead too, so I wouldn't say all of the fans are annoying hippy liberals.

There are many differing opinions about when they were at their best.
>>
>>70879365

I know, I was just being a dick. Regardless, Furthur, The Dead, and even Dead & Company still put on good shows. It might not be "the same", but it's still a top-tier concert going experience.
>>
>>70879189

They said Ted bombed me because I did LSD? Id really enjoy seeing that if you can provide it.
>>
>>70879828
A lot of deadheads do hate hippies and are more like bikers.
>>
>>70880052

I will never miss a Ratdog show. I love Bobby so much.
>>
>>70880057
>They said Ted bombed me because I did LSD?

No. The people who knew the victims were in college together for example and at the time LSD was making the rounds. A lot of those technology guys started of there.
>>
>>70871379
not bad. good times. a lot of dumbasses but overall, a well intentioned good time between people. nowadays hippies are trippy as fuck and they make cool art.
>>
>>70880256

Ah. Yeah. I mean, that was a compound that had a lot of interest. They were dosing everyone in any situation you could imagine. Just evil shit, really.
>>
>>70871379
Meh. Have always been a huge GD fan, but going to a show was like going to a foreign land - with amazing music. Sure hell didn't impact my political/social views though. MAGA.
>>
The Dead being a psyop goes way further than you guys realize. This counter culture is about to explode again. You know How Thompson talked about where you could almost see exactly where the wave broke? Well, the wave is coming back. I'm a deadhead, like living in a backpack travelling around following music and etc, and I'm voting Trump. The bernbots are faggots and phish kids who we keep around to sell shit to.
>>
>>70871379
Good band, heroin ruined it. Nuff said
>>
>>70880451

A tiny little yella speck in your hand would change your world...
>>
>>70880421
Have you read acid dreams? The CIA were the original pranksters
>>
>>70880420
Yeah.... I got too trippy there for a minute, lost in the sauce. Definitely took some effort to put my head back together from it. I really wish I could have been around the original crowd more(the older deadheads seemed like pretty fucking cool people)
>>70880571
No one did that much heroin and lived that long though, you have to admit it was pretty impressive.
>>
>>70880571

Not accidental. .gov is the guardian of poppy fields, globally.
>>
>>70880611

We're on the same page, you and I
>>
>>70880761
>>70880611
yeah til someone an hero'd
>>
most of that 60's music is self serious to the point of being no fun, I can't take it.
>>
>>70880761
Not really, I think, I'm almost considering offering my service to the CIA since I'm convinced at this point that most of my friends and acquaintances are probably in on it anyway. Is that bad? I'm pretty sure they're searching for people who's face can't be stolen easily.
>>
>>70881003

Welp.
>>
>>70880939
I love music of that existential nature. It resonates to my core. Except for the china cat sunflower shit, that song makes me want to blow my fucking brains out
>>
>>70880600
Nah - I've tripped a dozen or so times, and always enjoyed. Ate a fair share of shrooms too. Then about 20yrs ago I was in Negril and visited a guy named Ted who ran a roadside "shroom boom". Sat down in his living room and we were presented with a plate of really nice looking mushrooms that look like something you cook with, covered in honey. He told us to eat 2-3 each while he was making the tea. He then presented us with a huge cup of nasty tea, and within 5-10 mins were tripping our faces off and he drove us back to our hotel. 5-6hrs of good times and hilarity later, I had finally found my ultimate trip. Nothing could possibly top it and I'm happily retired from psychadelics.
>>
>>70871379
I reluctantly agree with you. There's a huge subculture around Dead-headism to this day and lots of my friends from high school got caught up in it. Many of them are dead now from heroin overdoses. The rest are a complete drag on civilized society and the only one who even remotely has their shit together is a bartender now. If I had it to do over again, I would have hung out with the smart kids instead of the hippies skipping school.
>>
>>70871733
THIS
>>
>>70880705
Well.. .gov controls but they send .mil out to be the guardians.
>>
>>70871379
http://archive.org/download/gd1981-03-12.nak700.rolfe.miller.95259.flac24/gd81-03-12s1t09.mp3

this was at my first GD show

I ended up seeing about 100 GD and Jerry Garcia Band shows between '81 and '88 .

They sure had an impact on a substantial number of people but I would think if you could simply erase them from their place in time and space the present moment would differ insubatntially .. realtively few people ended up among the worst of the casualties of reckless substance abuse and poor choices made in concert with a lifestyle following the GD around..

I will say with no hesitation I never had more fun than being "on tour" traveling from show to show around age 20 ..

It was a mighty high time which allowed me to discover myself and this Country in ways
without them I never would have

As far as the playing ... I'd say there is epic adventuresomness in stuff right from 1968 through 1974.. after that they shifted gears a bit and that stage from '75 through to the exit of Keith and Donna and their replacement with Brent Mydland in 1979.

so looking back I consider I caught their live shows at the onset of their afterglow and by the time Jerry went into a diabetic coma in '86 he had largely already lost his dexterity on the fret-board and was a full blown Junky .

I still listen to loads and loads of their many soundboard recordings from between '68 and '78 there is some eminent musicianship and creative inspiration therein among the flubs and gaffs..

I actually spoke with Jerry in his limo after a show at the Frost Amphitheater at Standford in 1983.. after I got over the larger than life initial impression in which it was as if I could see the history of all his amazing life experiences swirling around him he was a gracious and sincere guy..
>>
>>70881134
I'm way younger than you are I have no doubt, and even my best friend(a deadhead) died of a heroin OD.
I lost a full ride to OSU being a burnt out hippy. I'm just glad I fucking learned my lesson before shit was too fargone. I have a few brain cells left to preserve at least heh.
>>
>>70871379
The Greatful Dead were created by the CIA to push their new mind control drug LSD.
Album and promotional materials contain references to Free Masonic symbols.
They were a creation just like other groups whose members were the off spring of military and government personnel. This band like many of the most popular groups out of the "cultural revolution" were used to promote degeneracy and division among the populace.
>>
>>70881110

The experiences aren't suppose to be repeated, unless you dislike bathing and enjoy sleeping in parking lots. The Grateful Dead's purpose was to provide that experience to as many people as possible.
>>
>>70871379
I never was a dead fan since i always preferred black sabbath and ac/dc over it. But i did hear they have a cult like following of dead heads who just worship them like a religion i find that one strange.
>>
>>70881345
Damn. I shower at least twice a day, and prefer high thread count linens thankyouverymuch.
>>
>>70880515
agreed.

Festivals today are lots of cash money, and if you're rugged enough to live on meager means and great music you can do very well each summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9SKxL9CnW0
>>
>>70881520
You have to take acid at one of their shows, otherwise it makes no fucking sense and sounds like discordant shit.
It's really strange.
>>
>>70881255
Do you have any other cool stories? I always love hearing from old dead heads
>>
>>70881057
I know anon, I know, but it all almost makes too much sense. Even before I understood what's really happening I essentially supported it and even came up with a plan/theory that's actually not far off from what's happening.
>>
>>70881520
most are ex-military looking for a cohesive unit to belong to.

>ac/dc fans go home at night.
>deadheads plan their next mission.
>>
>>70881255
Yeah thanks for sharing.
What the other anon said, please share more stories if you have them.
>>
>>70871379
They were CIA and involved in the MK Ultra program.

Their sound engineer was the first mass distributor of LSD and came from a prominent political family.
>>
>>70881134

Well...I guess if I'm honest there are a lot of casualties along the way. I was very close to being a bum myself. I'm not though, and beyond that I am basically immune to propaganda, peer pressure, memes, and addiction.

I have my opinion on the last 45 years, and I lost some friends along the way, but your generation is nothing but scared faggots that can't do fucking anything.

So there's that.
>>
>>70881740
That's what I believe, but everyone I've ever told this looks at me like I'm batshit insane
>>
>>70881814
>immune to addiction
You sound like the type of faggot that does percocet every day and brags about how you don't get addicted
>>
>>70876613

>I'm Uncle Sam
>That's who I am
>Been hiding out
>In a rock and roll band
>>
>>70881791
Geez how old are you and what are you doing on 4chan?
>>
>>70881341
>this post

Top kek. I've always loved the Dead, grew up jamming to them with my dad. Some of their stuff is boring, but man some of it is beautiful. Not just Jerry's distinct sound, but Robert Hunter's lyrics. Terrapin Station, goddamn. Jerry was an atheist but so many of his words have Biblical symbolism.
>>
>>70876110
Do you know who Owsley Stanley was?
>>
>>70881609
Maybe this will get a chuckle

I had been hanging with my gf and another dude and we were dipping large batches of blotter for our keep.

One day we were offered the use of a friend's house in Berkeley,CA to dip a quarter gram ..
The pages were hanging up dripping dry in a room and I was sitting in the living room cutting some bud to roll a joint when a guy in a police patrolman's uniform appears and says;" Berkeley Police, this is a raid , get up." I laughed out loud thinking it was one of our friend's housemates pranking me... so I went back to rolling the spliff but he repeats himself and I realize it was actually a raid.. spent five day in the Berkeley City jail before they released us.

Seems one of the housemates didn't like us doing that there and dropped a dime . The Cops raided us without a warrant so they had to let us go... someone was out a few thousand dollars though..
>>
>>70881881
I was 4 when Jerry died so the whole movement was essentially behind my time but I've been here for the movement that's taken off again since '10 and I can safely tell you it's 100% all an elaborate scheme that-while appearing to encourage hedonism and junkies, also encourages one to be righteous no matter if they're a junkie or a hippy.

Tbh senpai, its like a religion without the God
>>
>>70881963

I have a problem with those single serving laughing cow cheeses. They're ridiculously more expensive than normal cheese products, but I can't stop eating them.

I'm a clean bean
>>
File: jerkcity4702.gif (37 KB, 544x542) Image search: [Google]
jerkcity4702.gif
37 KB, 544x542
>>70871379
> They are solely responsible(minus acid) for the hippy movement starting in the early 60's
Haha, what the fuck? Is /pol/ really this ignorant of American history?

The hippie movement of the 60's grew out the beat literary movement of the 1950's. The beatniks were like the original SJW's; most influential beatniks were gay, they were enamoured with eastern cultures (particularly Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, and Islam), and heavily influenced by revolutionary philosophies like Thelema, Discordianism, and--you've probably already guessed--Marxism.

Now, I've read most of Allan Ginsberg's poetry, and it's pretty powerful stuff. His most famous work, The Howl, might seem on the surface to be a eulogy for his former lover and friend; but if you read between the lines, it's actually a cadence call for young commie sympathizers to start smashing shit.
>>
File: 1459394764032s.jpg (22 KB, 247x250) Image search: [Google]
1459394764032s.jpg
22 KB, 247x250
>>70878279
Drove across the country to Chicago with my dead head father and smoked a bunch of pot with him. Good times.
>>
>>70882040

I have a collection of jewelry made by Stan. He ran away to SA to live with his beloved negresses and machine guns.
>>
>>70882020
>4chan
this place is the Apex of Human Civilization isn't it?
Boy was born when I was 21
>>
>>70881881

Yeah well the MK Ultra connection is pretty clear. GD's lyricist Robert Hunter was an early participant in the MK Ultra program. He wrote most of their hit songs.

Ken Kesey was also part of the MK Ultra program, and the Grateful Dead got their start playing at his acid parties.

Also look up Owsley Stanley, the GD's sound engineer and the first mass producer of LSD. His dad was a government attorney and his grandfather was a US senator.
>>
File: Owsleys_Ashes.jpg (61 KB, 720x616) Image search: [Google]
Owsleys_Ashes.jpg
61 KB, 720x616
>>70882040
Here are his ashes in that container on the Soundboard at the Fare Thee Well shows in Chicago last Summer
>>
>/pol/ likes the dead

No one would have ever guessed it.

Obligatory shout to the 77' Barton Hall show.
They really hit their stride 75 - late 80s. Jerry got way to sick/strung out in the 90s, its a shame.
>>
>>70882439
He went to Australia..
>>
>>70882543
All things I'm familiar with.
It's just with something this fucked up, it's hard to know what to believe and what not. I mean, I'm fucking 21 so my life experience in terms of relativity to the grateful dead's tenure is nothing.
>>
>>70882625
BARTON HALL 5/8/77 IS MY SHIT NIG
>>
I started listening to them a lot for the past few months, all those live recordings available online. I'd heard a few songs but didn't realize they had so many good songs. There is something magical about (maybe evil magic, but it sounds beautiful) the songs and the way they play on the good recordings. Also deadhead documentaries are funny.

My idea is like this: you are familiar with the idea of a civilization reaching a climax and then becoming degenerate, like the image of a mountain where you reach the peak and then go down. The stuff you produce when you're 80% of the way up the mountain is pretty good. The stuff you produce at the peak is the best. But when you start on your way down, you reach the same point where you're still 80% of the way up the mountain, except you're on your way down instead of up. The Grateful Dead is like an example of that point where you're still pretty high up but you're heading down. The stuff you're doing doesn't give anybody a point to build off of (in comparison to the music the Grateful Dead drew influence off of, I can't think of a single band that improved off of anything the Grateful Dead did) but it's still good. But it's just like an outpouring of cultural energy that dissipates instead of building to anything.

So that's why I'd say they're degenerate, but they're still good.
>>
>>70882543
>hit songs.
Dead had one hit.. Touch of Gray
>>
>>70882439
You fucking hippie
>>70882623
Neat.
>>
>>70882543
Owsley put forth the hypothesis that the conditions of the environment when making L could change the energy of your trip. Pretty sure this has metaphysical implications that are steep.

Also did you know L possesses pzieoelectric properties?
>>
>>70871379
old, irrelevant, not politics
>>
>>70882666

Ok
>>
>>70882752

>Truckin'
>Casey Jones
>Scarlet Begonias
>Friend of the Devil
>Sugar Magnolia
>Althea
>Uncle John's Band
>Touch of Grey
>Box of Rain

And many more hits written by Robert Hunter.
>>
File: gz.jpg (92 KB, 842x548) Image search: [Google]
gz.jpg
92 KB, 842x548
>>70882815
I had similar notions when my gf asked me to have a baby at this spot...

I considered perhaps the wild , rugged scenery would make some kind of impression on his spirit and he'd benefit from that where most people were probably conceived indoors in a darkened bedroom .. pic related was Ground Zero we did it on that hill in the right area of the pic..
>>
>>70882681
Another thing I find interesting is their connection to the Hell's Angels. For example, most people blame the Rolling Stones for the Altamont incident but it was actually GD that brought them for security.

They were really close though. I wonder if the HA weren't running Stanley's LSD for them.
>>
>>70882937I meant actual chart making songs that made Billboard

Not saying those works and others aren't awesome at all ..
>>
>>70883104
Heh, funny story about the HA.
The first deadfest I went to was ran by them. I actually saw a hippy running with a Nitrous tank get tackled by one, and dragged off by the hulking motherfucker.
Good times
>>
>>70882815

The hypothesis is the same for intentional water. Where you focus intent on water good/bad and then give it to plants and expect different outcomes...in other words "bullshit".

Pure. Chemistry.
>>
File: 25.jpg (247 KB, 634x410) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
247 KB, 634x410
>>70883104
I was told the HA were running the large scale L trade on tour even into the 80's .

I knew people described by the DEA as "mid-level wholesalers who sold it on tour to fund their Heroin addictions and I never learned from them of any hells angles connection.. I used to get Crystal L in bulk at this house in Berkeley near Barrington Hall
>>
File: psi ops.jpg (117 KB, 774x809) Image search: [Google]
psi ops.jpg
117 KB, 774x809
>>70882543
Yeah when you dig into the backgrounds of some of these people, the hippie movement is actually pretty sinister.

The MK Ultra connection runs deep throughout the 60's hippie currents. Harvey Lee Oswald was a hippie.
>>
>>70883194
They're crazy motherfuckers. Idk if you remember Robert Pickton, the guy in BC that had a bunch of hookers killed at his pig farm. He had close HA connections and the word always was that they had parties there where they would fuck and kill hookers. They pretty much run BC. They're a bunch of savages.
>>
>>70883104

Why do you assume there was a need for distrobution? HA were always enforcers.

Distro was purely hippy mafia, still is.
>>
>>70883104
HA and GDF work pretty closely, but it has more to do with meth than L. The GDF doesn't need anyone to move their L.

>>70883075
I didn't really think about applying it to human conception but that's certainly interesting

I wonder what the Freemasons are going for then when they host a ritual gangbang on some woman so nobody knows who the dad is. Trying to make messiah figures?
>>
>>70883472
>Trying to make messiah figures
ever read about Jack Parson's Babalon Working? Seems he tried to incarnate the Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth ..

He ended up being blown to bits .. Where Angle's fear to tread.
>>
>>70883415
Yeah the rabbit hole is much deeper than just GD.

Take Jim Morrison for example. His father was the commander of the US naval forces in the Gulf of Tonkin, during the Gulf of Tonkin incident (false flag), which brought US into the Vietnam war.

Everything about that era of music is fucking creepy with government connections.

Though I don't think it's really changed much. People just don't look into modern artists as closely, but I know for example that Ariana Grande's family are in the military-industrial complex.
>>
>>70883413
dope. I'd do a thumbprint at the right set and setting.
>>
>>70871379
Their music was good. Their fans were literally trash.
>>
>>70883468
Because of the quantity that Owsley Stanley was dealing in. Why wouldn't they be involved? Just speculation though.
>>
>>70883862
many maybe even most are.

I look at people I knew on dead tour in the eighties and they are 99% literally degenerate scum.. all Trump hating , Bernbots .. worthless human garbage hypocrites
>>
>>70883838

You've no idea. You aren't gonna come down from that and get a 9-5.

Printing is basically surrendering yourself to whoever provided the opportunity. You will never be an autonomous being again.
>>
>>70884123

Why do you think they call them Deadheads? That name pretty much gives away the whole plot.
>>
>>70883882

They weren't dealing in profits or how to dose as many people as possible. It wasn't about money. It was a new neat compound that quite a lot of people transfered religion to. Not really something The HA gives a shit about.
>>
>>70874792
>he thinks hitler was a bad goy
>>
>>70884220

I think I addressed this up above, but you're right. It's not just a band name.
>>
>>70884123
Do tell.. I inadvertanly licked a bindle clean that earlier that afternoon held a gram of Crystal.. Friend handed it to me to "try some" I suppose I ought to have just wisked my pincky tip across and taken a few tiny crystals but I got all the residue clinging to the two square inch interior surface .

I was catatonic for a few days but I have owned my own home for 15 years, run my own business for 20 have a 760 FICO score and drive a 20 year old BMW that handles like new.

maybe I could have achieved a great deal more and I don't dispute that possibility but that dose could have been on the order of 10,000 micrograms.. and I was only 23 at the time.. my brain hadn't even completed myalination which supposedly occurs at 25
>>
File: PresidentBody.jpg (24 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
PresidentBody.jpg
24 KB, 640x360
>>70884368
>It wasn't about money

It was about segmenting a potentially dangerous sect of people to drop out of the system.

The rest became Navy SEALS and swallowed a different pill.
>>
>>70884368
the mark-up could be on the order of 75% .. there was money in it..
>>
>>70871379
>Hey /pol/, I want your opinion on The Dead.

they were a front for a drug gang
>>
File: 1403339104_21.jpg (112 KB, 899x579) Image search: [Google]
1403339104_21.jpg
112 KB, 899x579
>>70884220
The term "head" was around before the term deadhead.

Also in terms of what you're speaking of they're not dead, just possessed by a spirit that takes the place of you when you blast off and leave an unguarded unawares body.

But this is getting too redpill so I'll stop talking about it

>>70884564
No, but you're right it's not just a name though. It came from the Egyptian book of the dead, as did much of the ritual symbolism and alchemy they preformed

>we wuz winged disc n shieeet
>>
>>70884368

I agree with you're saying. They gave away the shit for free, and played a lot of free concerts. It was social engineering.

But they didn't care about money at all? I don't buy that. They weren't hippies, and their operation does require funding.

All I'm suggesting is that they give away tons, for their ritualistic mind-altering concerts, but that they may have made a profit off the surplus via the HA. It's speculation, but you can't say they didn't. To get the shit out there, why not use the HA who they had close ties with?
>>
File: theylive.jpg (81 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
theylive.jpg
81 KB, 480x480
>>70884802

>they were a front for a drug gang

you mean the CIA?
>>
yuri bezmenov
>>
>>70884584

We are the exceptions. Be thankful, be generous. We're survivors of a great big fun time for .gov

Be pissed, cause you know DAMN well no lesson was learned. Maybe they learned.
>>
>>70884965
'Grateful Dead' came from a folk tale about a guy who pays for the burial of a stranger and the grateful dead sees him right bringing some good fortune his way..
>>
>>70881255
>he was a gracious and sincere guy..

fucked up the mother of his kid never got a pension
>>
>>70885095
intersting TRivia a cousin of my mothers was involved with the beginnings of what became SRI. Stanford Research Institute who ran those LSD trials in which Hunter and Kesey participated.. He was a contract lawyer who came out of Naval Intelligence. He may have actually drafted the proposal paperwork for the trials . that was the kind of thing he did.
>>
>>70882030
I never liked their music, best shit they had was the 80s stuff that actually charted
>>
>>70882435
>most influential beatniks were gay,
ginsberg was a straight up pedophile
>>
>>70885334
Mountain Girl? I would lay that blame on " The Widow" Koons. I thought Jerry and Carolyn's arrangement was consensual if not letter perfect and his untimely death intervened.
>>
File: imp.jpg (15 KB, 240x342) Image search: [Google]
imp.jpg
15 KB, 240x342
>>70884988
eh, thats not really fair to paint the entire agency with the same brush, but I'm sure some CIA pricks did some dope peddling shit, thats accepted in the history

Al Hubbard and everything
>>
>>70885564
these kids don't even know they're posting in an epic thread
>>
>>70874792
Kurt hated the music industry and was gonna talk about how corrupt it was and who ran it
Then he "killed himself"
Pure coincidence right?
>>
File: jerrylaugh.jpg (63 KB, 521x410) Image search: [Google]
jerrylaugh.jpg
63 KB, 521x410
>>70885888
>those trips repeat in this thread
>that's not weird

Actually, the CIA tasked OWl with creating the weapon, in the hopes of dropping it on Vietkong.

Instead, they dropped it on potential war protestors, aided by a country-bluegrass soundtrack and bare tittty hippy chicks.
>>
>>70886090
I thought they figured out that Courtney Love killed him for insurance money
>>
>>70871379
I went to 16 shows in the 80's and 90's. All of them with 80-100k people. Never saw a fight and don't remember any major political activism going on. It was all about the groove. I did acid, nitrous and weed at the shows - worked hard and voted Reagan and Bush. It was good fun but when Jerry died I had no desire to go to hippie festivals anymore. I focused on family and career. Listen to them once in a great while but doing so falls so short of what they were live, it is hardly worth it.
>>
File: bozo.jpg (721 KB, 872x1280) Image search: [Google]
bozo.jpg
721 KB, 872x1280
>>70885980
I guess we're into the 90's era already .. lol

another little GD triva.. they played their final show on my birthday
>>
>>70886137
nah, they gave it to hippies because certain people would have gotten upset pushing heroin on white kids that hard,

they used it during the Israel 6 day war
>>
>>70886276
naw. heroin at that time was reserved for the avant garde and french.

softening them was a huge task. it kept art "safe" for the purchasing class.

Whole different op.
>>
I hate their fanbase, most seem to be more interested in the drug culture than the music itself. That being said they were a great band, I love any type of improvisational music and they took improvising quite seriously.
>>
File: bob_weir_2009_04_22.jpg (73 KB, 394x600) Image search: [Google]
bob_weir_2009_04_22.jpg
73 KB, 394x600
https://youtu.be/usWBpPU0l0A
>>
>>70886090
Of course he would have found something to whine about. Kurt was a crying bitch all the time.

At least Michael Jackson played along most of the time and revealed the Jew in his songs.
>>
>>70885154
What? Pretty sure it came about randomly from a dictionary and was in reference to a song showing a lost soul how to get to the other side.

Their music is meant to direct you to let go and cross over. When this happens the body you leave behind gains a different soul that has to function in place of you.

I mean, allegedly
>>
>>70886630
>naw. heroin at that time was reserved for the avant garde and french.
they were pushing it on blacks hardcore
>>
>>70887121
This is what it's referencing

"We now return our souls to the creator, as we stand on the edge of eternal darkness.
Let our chant fill the void in order that others may know.
In the land of the night the ship of the sun is drawn by the grateful dead."
Egyptian Book of the Dead
>>
>>70886187
Isnt she part of their secret club?
>>
>>70888931
She isn't part of anything
>>
File: chant.jpg (96 KB, 486x435) Image search: [Google]
chant.jpg
96 KB, 486x435
>>70887482
that was more of an interpolation made up by Rock Scully their manager at one time.
>>
>>70871733
100% of phish fans are tweakers. I bought a couch off craigslist once and the guy roped me into a 2 hour conversation about being a taper and that he has all the best phish live recordings ever made. He talked for two hours straight without me interjecting even once.
>>
File: chantsm.jpg (73 KB, 479x440) Image search: [Google]
chantsm.jpg
73 KB, 479x440
>>
>>70889254
their drummer wears a dress. never even cared to listen to Phish more than a few seconds..
>>
>>70889254

Why are you looking for fart cushions and surprised at what you find?
>>
Not reading a thread full of what I'm sure is bullshit but yes they are my favorite band by far and it's some great stuff.

Other good shit:
Phish
Lotus
Papadosio
The Werks
>>
>>70889254
One of my friends went to a phish show and he said the first girl he talked to there asked him if he had any crack
>>
>>70889599

Phish isn't the Dead. They are associated by the grandchildren of Dead Heads, and Trey is a beta faggot bitch.

>trey gay
>>
>>70889879
97 Phish melts me evry tym
>>
>>70889655
Ever hear of Dopapod? Been to probably 15 of their shows. Good fucking band.
>>
>>70889947
Trey bien you faggot
>>
>>70889969

How about you never post again and leave?
>>
>>70889969
Yeah I've seen them plenty of times at fests in PA/Ohio. Never caught em locally though they occasionally play here. They are also very good. The one fest had Dopapod/Papadosio/Werk covering Dark Side of the Moon.

Was dope.
>>
>>70890130
How about you go back to listening to Ed Sheeran you fucking faggot
>>
>>70890248
That Dark Side of the Moon show was awesome I wish I was there.
>>
>>70890253
I don't know who that is, are you mad at him? Maybe you should talk to a professional? Or if you can't afford that you could always not talk to me. I would happily pay for that.
>>
>>70890461
Kill yourself
>>
>>70890567
I wont
>>
>>70890351
You go to fests in the area? I'm thinking of Domefest and Resonance this year. Def doing Dead and Co in Pittsburgh. Honestly it's not bad, they did this song justice. It's no Dead 50 but it'll be a great time as always.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAB4V_LD93Y
>>
>ctrl-f
>soviet
>0 of 0
>>
>>70871379
the cancer currently afflicting the west can be directly attributed to the influence of hippy culture since it's foul inception

whatever portion of hippy culture is directly attributable to those faggots is the accurate measure of their responsibility for the ever increasing potential for catastrophic collapse of civilization and the resulting dark age

it's the gift that keeps on giving, but hey, if it feels good, do it
>>
>>70890886

Blame hippies. I blame niggers and faggots.
>>
>>70890967

the hippies created and then propogated the victim mentality that disgusts you
>>
>>70890886
I feel weird. Because at the same time that I've for years gone to 'shows' and 'fests' I've always felt a certain disdain for the real hippie types. The ones who sit on the road asking for a free $125 festival pass 'NEED a MIRACLE'. The ones begging for gas money. The dirty wooks selling dumb kids bunk or dangerous drugs (TEST YOUR SHIT, EVEN THEN...).

The scene has really gone to shit after the niggers got involved and fucked up the molly trade seriously. MDMA quality in general went to shit when it got popular in the black community via hit songs. This is the past 6 years or so.

Anyway, how about dem politics
>>
>>70871379
THE GRATEFUL DEAD
LSD
THE FAMILY AUSTRALIA
JULIAN ASSANGE

Dreyfus - Underground
site:Brainsturbator.com "ronald hadley stark"

Good luck /pol/
>>
>>70891570

Cartman was right all along
>>
>>70890248
I've played shows with all of those guys. Especially Werks. Ohio area has some of the best festivals.
>>
jerry garcia ties are god-tier
>>
>>70891633
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbVzmMj71L4
>>
>>70892988
here's the one I bought for my Mother's funeral in '97
>>
>>70891429

Did they? Were they in charge?
>>
I go to grateful dead tribute band concerts on a regular basis
>>
>>70893406

I have that exact tie and 700 acre ranch in Montana.

You have that same tie and a dead mommy.

I'm sorry it worked out this way.
>>
>>70893406
kinda surprised thats a JG. hang on ill post mine
>>
>>70893554
Savage
>>
>>70889030
>>70888931

Courtney Love's father was a manager of The Grateful Dead. She is on one of their album covers as a baby. Her father gave her LSD when she was still an infant.
>>
outside of their love for drugs and sex. i think you may be confusing how liberal they are. most of their fans are pretty fucking rich. and then on top of being rich they think i should sell a few grill cheese sandwiches and dope before i go see the show. fights around this scene and woman i told you what to do are pretty fucking common. they were not like phish fans in anyway. this is a misperception.
>>
File: ties.jpg (146 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
ties.jpg
146 KB, 1024x1365
>>70893554
purple one is my favorite, not keen on the green
>>
>>70893554
I was adopted ..

I found my biological mother's name a few years ago...

then I found she died in '95.. she had slipped on some ice.. she was 74... went into a nursing home and never left...

She died the day before my birthday..
>>
>>70893406
i probably have 40 jerry ties from a literally dead friend as well. i get lots of compliments on them
>>
>>70893761
its not her... its Bill Kreutzmann's daughter.. Court and I share birthday's
>>
>>70894000
theyre definitely conversation pieces. ill admit i wouldnt have known about them without my father. he's got like 20-30 of them, i find them occasionally at goodwill. a $40-60 tie at goodwill, yeah ill pick them up for $2
>>
The Dead themselves more like good ol' boys, they were more obsessed with bluegrass and folk than "the counterculture" or politics.
>>
>>70894236
Old and in the way
>>
>>70894076
Oh shit, it seems you're right.

Still though, her dad was their manager so it's interesting how that divergent convo comes full circle.
>>
>>70893997
sorry that sucks, it took me awhile to process. ive actually know someone else who had a similar experience.
>>
>>70884584
Dude
>>
File: GettyImages-141603472.jpg (62 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-141603472.jpg
62 KB, 600x400
The Grateful Dead is part of the reason of what made me leave the red pill. I think people are generally virtuous. Can they sometimes be sociopaths or be corrupted though? Absolutely. Why should we lead our lives holding on to bitterness and hate? It seems that letting go maybe the best thing.
>>
>>70899994
J-J-J-Gentleman start your engines!
>>
Please be lying.
>>
>>70876110
acid is ridiculously easy to synth and microscropic doses are enough to trip.

If the government didn't restrict and control purchasing of precursor ingredients it would be sold on the street for 1$ a tab.

That being said, the Dead are amazing. I could write a thousand pages about why and about how they impacted America.
>>
>>70900927
Yea bud..he was definitely 81 though
>>
>>70901578
I don't know why, but I love his voice. I don't even like some of his songs, but his voice is cool.
>>
>>70884543
I think you are a pussy bitch who can only talk on anonymous boards. Otherwise your teeth would be kicked in.
>>
>>70890886
>says the closet conservative

when was the last time you sucked a dick?
five minutes ago?
>>
>>70899994
The white people you met in your life were generally virtuous
FTFY
>>
>>70902599
HARSH TRUTHS
Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.