[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are we too far gone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 306x469) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 306x469
I'm hurting right now, guys. Every time I turn around it seems like something bad has happened, or that the world has gone a little bit crazier, gotten a little more detached from reality. Heads in the sand and all. I'm only twenty two. I should feel like I have my whole life ahead of me, but I can't see anything good coming in the future--either the slow death of America or a civil war that kills a lot of good people because of a couple of hateful, power-hungry bastards. All I have to look forward to is being a cog in a machine, working somewhere for forty years until I die--if there are any jobs left to work. I can't even hope for a good marriage with the way women are.

When I was a kid I used to dream about slaying dragons and fighting evil. I used to dream about helping people, about a meaningful life that was worth living. Now I can't see it happening. I can't see much of anything good happening.

I can't help but feel like the deck is stacked against me. I don't know how to deal with these kind of feels aside from stuff them down and try and pretend that I'm not walking into my own grave.

I took the red pill and I wouldn't trade it for anything, but I can't help but feel like it's too late and we've already lost. I voted Trump, but honestly I doubt he can make it. Not because he isn't viable as a president, but simply because the deck is stacked against him too.

I don't know what to do. I'm going back to school in June for an EMS degree (Welder right now) to try and do something worthwhile, but I can't help but feel that even helping people won't kill this ennui.

I just can't help but feel like we're doomed. This is it, the death of America and everything it stands for. It scares me.
>>
File: Dudeweed.jpg (41 KB, 353x325) Image search: [Google]
Dudeweed.jpg
41 KB, 353x325
>>70803501
Get off the internet for a day bro Jesus
>>
>>70803501

>All I have to look forward to is being a cog in a machine

I don't know how you came to this conclusion. All throughout history, plebs have been plebs, and the rest of us have striven to be more than that, sometimes effecting change. As long as you're not a pleb, you're okay.

You've been conned into thinking through a democratic mindset, but we're NOT the same. Some are smarter than others by far, some will go further, have the motivation to think deeper.

All empires fall, and America will do the same. Make sure you have a skill when it does and don't be afraid to move somewhere new. The problems of the plebs (where are my gibmedats, etc) aren't your problems, so don't put yourself on the same level.
>>
Go outside - go to the beach, or a park. Interact. Take notice of real people. Notice how nothing bad is actually happening in the real world. Allow yourself some happiness. It's ok, it won't make you "uncool".

There ISN'T more violence, just more news of it being shared. More whining from the few who have time enough due to the lack of friends and meaningful craftsmanship. Don't let them drag you into their depression and paranoia.

You are on /pol / Politically Incorrect - it has the term "incorrect" written in the title.
>>
>>70804050
>>70804479

>enjoy the bread and circuses
>there's something wrong with you, if you don't.

Okay, Shekelstein and Goldberg.
>>
Well, that's tragic. You're giving up on life before you've even had one. Think about it. You've been, legally speaking, an adult for only 4 or so years. You've been able to drink for about 1 year.

You have at least 50 good years left, assuming you don't spend it drinking or posting on the Internet everyday.

You're still a baby. You're the architect of your own life, not Trump, God, your parents, friends, coworkers, or the Internet.
>>
>>70804050
>>70804479
I'm not some kind of shut-in. I'm socially active, I do things frequently with friends, I hike, and I have hobbies. I just can't help but think that we're about to go over a cliff if we haven't already. I look around and everything just seems so empty. There's nothing of substance, nothing of worth. It's just one huge storm of meaningless distractions.

>>70804255
I can weld, hunt, and fish. I should wind up alright if I have to leave.
>>
>>70803501
Honestly, just be yourself and live your life he way you want to lives it. On the the plus side, there's a lot less judgement nowadays , so no matter how you want to live your life, the bigots who would pass judgement are becoming fewer and fewer. Cheers
>>
>>70803501
So you dreamed of fighting evil and living a meaningful life and now all you see is evil around you? Seems like you've got a whole bunch of opportunity for meaningful action to me.

We're living in what the Chinese called "interesting times" and I'm pretty sure they're about to get more interesting. Be happy. Be joyful.
>>
>>70804255
>all empires fall

Western civ shall endure brother, spot on with everything you said
>>
>>70805594

>Western civ shall endure brother

Indeed it shall, no matter which nation stands at the head of it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.