[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Education cucked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
Is academic "intelligence" just a meme now /pol/?
>>
>>78159146
knowledge doesn't determine intelligence either
>>
Not necessarily. It's always good to be educated.

Although I'd say university is a huge sham unless you know what you're doing and where you're going, which isn't the case for most people.
>>
There is positive correlation with good grades and being smarter.

Retards can't get good grades at a good school. Though plenty of normies get through classes by sheer effort.

-apathetic manchild who has never done well in school
>>
>>78159452
30 minutes of study a day got me 3.8gpa during high school, then in college I dropped out because parents are old and both my older and younger brother are NEETs. My life is shit.
>>
>>78159146
Yeah, because companies really want to hire disobedient employees.
>>
>>78159146
Of course
>>
Depends on the field of study.

Someone who is 'Educated' in Gender Studies is no more than a first year drop out in Philosophy.

Someone who does well in high level Engineering, Medicine/Surgery, CompSci, Philosophy, Physics, Chemistry, Archaeology, Economics, and Math (not comprehensive) is going to be quite intelligent.

Someone who does very well in high levels of English Literature, Creative Writing, Screenwriting, History etc. Is most likely still intelligent assuming they are at a decent uni.

The memeing comes from Gender/Womens/Indigenous Studies kids who are taught misinformation by failed academics and because their workload is nonexistent and have no friends due to their repulsive personalities they have time to join 10 student societies while the rest of the students are busy working or having friends.
>>
>>78159146
Yes

I'd answer differently mere 20 years ago but with the advent of broadband internet and user-driven content, knowledge has broken free from the previously siloed chains that kept it confined to institutions for higher education
>>
Sure an individual 2.0 student might know more than one 4.0 student. But a 4.0 is a good indication that the student knows their shit when you look at people to employ.

But it also depends on the degree. A 2.0 engineering or medical student is worth infinitely more than a 4.0 gender studies or art student.
>>
>>78159146
No this is a meme created by retards to make retards feel better about being retarded. Taking in, synthesizing, and applying data is an important and fundamental skill that's what you are tested on
>>
>>78159146
This is accurate. When blacks fail state exams for employment, it's not because they are retarded, it's because they are so smart they fail on purpose so the dumb whites can have the job
>>
>>78159146
If an employer wants you to engineer a bridge he doensn't want you to spew streetwise 'School of life' shit all over him. He wants you to built a bridge.
>>
File: IQ and Race college.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IQ and Race college.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>78159146
>>
File: us.jpg (2 MB, 3112x2338) Image search: [Google]
us.jpg
2 MB, 3112x2338
>>78159146
Of course a burger would say that.
>>78159332
Having an IQ of 140+ doesn't mean shit if you're not educated

Many colleges and universities nowadays are cucked, but you really can't get ahead in life without a degree unless you rob a bank or somehow magically suck knowledge just by existing
Study well, my fellow /pol/acks
>>
>>78159146
Mostly. Good students will be more intelligent than bad students on average, but doing well in school is 90% about being motivated to work hard and 10% about intelligence. Plenty of idiots that do well in school and plenty of smart people who don't bother to do the work and fail.
>>
>>78160553
Untrue. Knowing how to pass a test and ride the laurels of more innovative and competent students does not make you smart in the traditional sense.

Very few college students are actually smart, most are very manipulative or lazy.
>>
File: I gounded it.jpg (108 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
I gounded it.jpg
108 KB, 960x720
>>78159146

well school is meant to give an employer a basic idea of your intelligence to sort through everyone who's applied. They're not going to just take your word that you're smart nor are they going to take the time to test all the retards who didn't try in school
>>
There certainly is some truth to that but usually its comes down to liberal arts majors pretending to have the same intelligence like STEM majors which simply isnt the case
>>
>iq is a reliable measure of intelligence
>>
> Obedience

Literally what every employer wants.
Depending on field, 50-99% of things you study in college won't be used in work.
>>
>didn't do jack shit in highschool
>in trouble plenty of times for fighting
>3.5 GPA
Public school is a daycare.
>>
anyone so un-invested in school that they get a 2.0 GPA (so average) is either aloof, inable to work in a system of hierarchy (you know like civilization or straight up mentally retarded.
I believe the Alexandrian principle works in reverse also.
Those who do not succeed in the most visible ways usually fail in the invisible ways as well.
>muh idiot savant
>>
>>78159146
lol i nearly failed highschool due to lack of motivation to due any work.

i scored 2180 on SAT

Didn't go to college.

Now I run my own business that generates 700k and employs 3 people.

School is for fools
>>
>>78160663
>thinks anyone actually looks at the GPA on a resume

hint: it only matters to academic institutions. Prestiges might get noticed, like magna cum laude honors.
>>
>>78163170
*so 50% average
also forgot to close the bracket after the word civilization
fuck me dawg
>>
>>78163223
What's your business senpia?
>>
>>78162514
Being able to manipulate things to your advantage is a form of intelligence. Laziness does not impact on intelligence, just the application of said intelligence.

Retards don't pass difficult tests. People at the top of the bell curve who study hard will do okay in difficult tests. Smart people who do no work will do okay in difficult tests. Smart people who study hard will do well in difficult tests. So yea, it is a combination of intelligence and effort but people who are retarded do not get good marks in any respectable degree.
>>
>>78163223
why run your own business when you can just be a frycook and earn the same amount
also
have a 19 inch cock
>>
>>78159146
A complex meme. And this is not "intelligence-dumbness" scale. This scale goes from indoctrination (best grade) to various forms of inferiority complex (low grade).
>>
Back when I did school I did the math to figured out how little work I would have to do to get exactly a 2.0

I always had great test grades and would just do barely enough homework and projects to keep me enrolled

Gpa is most definitely a meme
>>
>>78162248
Agreed, but as it is information in many areas is widely available and an intelligent person can self-teach.

Not chemistry though, that shit is obscurantist as fuck.
>>
File: trump_glory.jpg (113 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
trump_glory.jpg
113 KB, 1000x1000
>>78163349
>>78163410
I forgot to mention that I have a 22 inch cock.

But on the real, I started out doing iPhone repair in highschool circa 2009. I did it out of necessity because I couldn't afford a new iPhone. I started charging friends and eventually put up a kiosk in a local mall that was high traffic.
Now I operate 3 kiosks in 3 different malls. And all I do is check up on my workers.

Then got into computer programming and have started building websites and marketing for small businesses.

You can do it too anon, it just takes persistence and a little effort.
>>
K-6 was all liberal women bitching about their husbands all day teaching nothing. They would still test us on shit and give us homework, but all we would talk about in class would be their lives. 6-12 was women bitching about the patriarchy and "open class discussions" the curriculum was given to us entirely through homework and tests while every day was just a waste of time. My school district is basically a heroin addict factory. The hyper liberal girls and some douchebag guys managed to make it off to college but mostly everyone is working minimum wage and doing the dope. They have trans bathrooms now though!
>>
Muh dik
>>
>>78159146
Yes and no.

Stupid people can't get good grades. But that being said an intelligent person can get shit grades by putting in next to no effort.
>>
File: wedgies.jpg (61 KB, 960x576) Image search: [Google]
wedgies.jpg
61 KB, 960x576
>>78159146
Schools in the US teach us how to become factory workers. Grades show how good we were at manipulating the system in our favor.
>>
>>78159146
The way I see it, you can be smart, or you can be wise. Whichever you think is more important is up to you, but I prefer keeping my common sense as opposed to regurgitating some bullshit I'll just forget due to lack of necessity.
>>
American 'universities' hand out 4.0s like candy.

They truly do mean nothing over there.
>>
>>78164811
Maybe in a liberal arts bullshit major, but not stem or any other useful major.
>>
File: Zdzisaw_Beksiski.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Zdzisaw_Beksiski.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>78159146
>Is academic "intelligence" just a meme now /pol/?
The only form of knowledge that is not a social construct is the knowledge about nature as it has a right and a wrong (Biology and Chemistry). Everything else is pseudoscience at best.

The key to being "Smart" is to appear Smart. So the one person who is good about Bullshitting about things nobody understands, is also the smartest one in the room. It's called the Einstein-effect and it happens often.

Intelligence is the ability to manipulate idiots into doing what you want them to do by bullshitting them into believing it is in their interest. This is why you're getting (((fooled))) so often, /pol/.

Jump off the ferret wheel already.
>>
>>78159146
I don't know much about education in America but in Turkey it's exactly that. You obey the teacher and you memorize the shit on textbooks you get 100's (straight A's for you americunts)
>>
>>78159146
>A D's student is smarter than one with A's

Not in my experience, unless it's in some shit like engineering or physics where people typically get lower grades.
>>
>>78162248
>Having an IQ of 140+ doesn't mean shit if you're not educated

untrue.

Even if you are uneducated, you will be better then the other uneducated people.
>>
>>78165698
Dude education is worthless without a trade. In my company the head partner never looked at college and he makes millions per month because he's smart
>>
>>78159146

Knowledge is not power, application of knowledge is power.

That's why you still vote for honest politicians.
>>
>>78159146
>test poorly
>merely pretending
>>
>tfw 1.7 GPA in HS and still got into a private university

It's not ivy league, but whatever.

Basically, beg and have tons of letters of recommendation in your admissions packet. Grades won't matter if they see potential in you.
>>
File: 1406152797232.jpg (36 KB, 356x374) Image search: [Google]
1406152797232.jpg
36 KB, 356x374
>>78159146
>Smart people can still get bad grades
>Formal education only gauges your ability to repeat what you've been told

Please don't tell me you're finally realizing this just now
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.