[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CHRISTIAN GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: wwt.jpg (337 KB, 1025x725) Image search: [Google]
wwt.jpg
337 KB, 1025x725
Christians, report

Can we celebrate the triumph over the attempt to push a Vatican II on the Orthodox Church?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L80lb1T0ecs [Embed]

>The document affirms love and peace as the church's ideals, criticizes racism, inequality, moral degradation and "liberal globalism" -- it's an agenda as conservative as it is anodyne.

>Yet the Council could have changed the Orthodox churches' ossified attitude toward the rest of Cristendom, which has not changed since the Dark Ages. To Orthodox Christians, all other denominations are heresies, not churches. Some steps toward more ecumenism and more openness would already constitute serious progress for what is now the most conservative of Christian denominations. Patriarch Bartholomew, a friend of Pope Francis's, was determined to push it through.

Thankfully, it looks like his agenda has failed.

http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-16/the-orthodox-church-stays-in-the-dark-ages
>>
Catholics want to join forces with Protestants. If preventing a New World Order, of which religious singularity is one branch, please encourage Orthodox hierarchy members to not give into the Jesuit faggots in the Vatican.
>>
Nice one, Orthos. I don't trust this Pope at all and you should definitely maintain yourselfs against whatever cuckery might happen.

Also (((bloomberg))) lol
>DARK AGES
>I BET THE GOYIM DID THIS
>>
>>77679863
They won't, Christ promised the gates of hell would not prevail over us.
>>
Orthodox cucks need to be converted to Catholicism 2bh.
>>
God bless you Orthobros
>>
>>77684873
Amen, he does.
>>
File: 1451942202299.jpg (32 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1451942202299.jpg
32 KB, 720x480
I used to be a big fedora tipper but I hate degenerates way more then Christcucks.

Soo, DEUS VULT
>>
File: Protestant choice.gif (241 KB, 601x1308) Image search: [Google]
Protestant choice.gif
241 KB, 601x1308
>>77679863
True believers will never bend the knee to pope. Soli Deo Gloria
>>
This is awesome.
>>
File: jesus1.jpg (76 KB, 526x700) Image search: [Google]
jesus1.jpg
76 KB, 526x700
Love in Christ, brothers.
>>
>>77686088
>wealth and glory
I thought Luther was a monk?

>>77686337
Peace.
>>
File: 1449055155252.jpg (156 KB, 1022x884) Image search: [Google]
1449055155252.jpg
156 KB, 1022x884
>>77687412
Cardinals, bishops and pope were also sworn to live for the church and practice humility. That did not prevent them from living lavishly in decadence with church money. Luther became a teacher of theology in university at quiten young age. If he had been loyal to church instead of God, he might have likely reached a status of bishop.
>>
>>77688874
Cardinals and Popes don't have to take vows of poverty though, I don't think.
>>
>>77688874
None of those people take vows of poverty. Only monks do.
>>
>>77689371
If monk becomes cardinal or bishop, is he still bound by the rules/vows of the order or does attain new position?
>>
>>77679258
If Orthodox Church weren't so irrelevant, maybe the jews would have pushed a bigger effort.

>>77689853
They should. Also jesuits have a special vow and are bound to not accept Papacy. It's a grey area because once a religious (member of an order, congregation, etc.) becomes bishop, it's not longer bound to those rules are vows, it's more a question of honor.
>>
>>77690107
>Also jesuits have a special vow and are bound to not accept Papacy.
Your Pope is a Jesuit
>>
>>77690351
No he's not. It's stopped being a jesuit in 1992 when we was consacrated as a Bishop. He was only bound for "honour" to not accept the Papacy. Probably many cardinals through History has been elected Pope and rejected it before the world even know anything about it. For honor.

Bergoglio has no honor (and he's problably not actualy a Pope, anyways).
>>
Roman Satanic cult and pseudo-Jewish Lutherans put to eternal shame
>>
>>77690555
Ah, the vow is optional.

>and he's problably not actualy a Pope, anyways
So are his sacraments invalid, or what? And are the people he appoints as bishops, not valid bishops?
>>
>>77690699
It's a sedevacantist meme.
In reality they literally had a woman Pope in past.
That's what happens when you mix spiritual and temporal power.
>>
>>77679258
I'm considering converting from Catholicism to Orthodox since it genuinely seems less like heresy.
How do I do this?
>>
Tradional Catholicism is the best option
>>
>>77691054
This.
>>
>>77691054
And what's traditional Catholicism in your mind?
Popes living like kings, ruling their domains like nobles, Papal "elections" within family, selling of indulgences, and so on?
Vatican bank?
Catholicism was always corrupt shit. Now however they are gay hippy liberal church. A modest improvement.
>>
>>77691219
The Old Catholic Church opposes the decisions made by Vaticanum I. That's why they split in 1870.
>>
>>77679258

Very happy about the result. Orthodox unity. OUR CHURCH WILL NOT BE KEKED!
>>
>>77679258
The Pope is a cuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncckxAjp8uY
>>
>>77690699
He's a bishop, a priest. A Pope doesn't posses any "special sacrament".

>>77690821
Benedict XVI has never formaly renounced the Papacy. A few days ago its own personal secretary confirmed it. He said he just expanded it and now we have a Papacy with two members, one active and one contemplative.

Its safe to say that we don't know what the fuck is going on there. But there can be only one valid Pope at a time so...

Also I'm not sure if a woman can even be Pope. I theory you don't even have to be a priest, but the moment they elect you Pope you need to be made bishop. I don't think it's possible for a woman to be made Pope since they are physically unable to recieve the sacret orders.
>>
>>77690896

Go to an Orthodox Church, attend service for a while. Recommend Greek for initiation, they are a little more chill and easy to get into. Then you declare your wish to be baptized in the Orthodox faith, you have a few lessons, then you are baptized and chrismated, and join the eternal Church.
>>
>>77691666
>A Pope doesn't posses any "special sacrament".
He has the whole "full and supreme power of jurisdiction over the whole Church" thing.
>>
>>77691666
>He's a bishop, a priest. A Pope doesn't posses any "special sacrament".
Then how would he not be a "real" Pope? He's ordained a bishop, and sits in the chair, he is de facto a Pope. Popes have the power to choose bishops, if you think his choices in that regard are valid, then you must recognize the office is validly his.
>>
File: QhY43G7.jpg (613 KB, 1273x1640) Image search: [Google]
QhY43G7.jpg
613 KB, 1273x1640
Who else /catholic/ here?
>>
>>77691774
Greek are the most laid back, but Antiochene are the most converts by far and do all their services in the local language in the West
>>
>>77684866
Not an argument.
>>
File: 1414771354595.jpg (632 KB, 824x1123) Image search: [Google]
1414771354595.jpg
632 KB, 824x1123
>>77679258
>an obviously opinionated greentext
>bloomberg
We should lament that there is not more unity with Orthodox bros. What's wrong with Vatican II is not Vatican II, as it is an infallible Church document just like Trent, Vatican I, etc. What's wrong with Vatican II is the so-called "spirit of Vatican II" that was/is basically just wolves in sheeps' clothing trying to denigrate Holy Mother Church.

tl;dr, this >>77684866
and this >>77684756

Aside from that, Orthodox bros are awesome. If I wasn't Catholic, I would definitely be Orthodox, but I'm Catholic because, well, it's the One True Holy and Apostolic religion.
>>
Christ has Risen
>>
File: 1457623418546.jpg (571 KB, 1627x2572) Image search: [Google]
1457623418546.jpg
571 KB, 1627x2572
>>77692095
Hello. I found this last night, and I think it's awesome. It's basically the anthem of the Church Fathers.

"This is a translation of an apocryphal text, the Didache, or the 'two ways,' a set of ethical precepts attributed to the original apostles. In the introduction, Hoole presents evidence that it was derived from other apocryphal works, such as the Shepherd of Hermas, and the Epistle of Barnabas. However, modern scholars are certain that the Didache dates to the late first or early second century. It was considered canonical by some of the Church Fathers. It was eventually rejected from the canon, but is still considered part of the collection of Apostolic Fathers by the Catholic Church. The text was lost, but was rediscovered in 1873 in a Greek Codex written in 1075 and published along with other texts in 1883. As such it represents a window into a very early Christianity, including information on rituals such as baptism, and the itinerant ministry of the time.--J.B. Hare, Jan. 3, 2010."

Full text is here->> http://sacred-texts.com/chr/did/did03.htm

It's a great read for any true christians and an awesome example of how our Faith has been handed down for 2000 years, unscathed and protected by our Lord's promise. Happy reading!
>>
File: IMG_2012.jpg (48 KB, 570x514) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2012.jpg
48 KB, 570x514
>>77692535
Amen, Orthodox friend.
>>
>>77691888
That's a ministery, not a sacrament. Sacrament is baptism, eucharist, confession, etc.

>>77692073
Benedict XVI is also Pope. He hasn't renounced the name, and other external signs that traditionally distinguishes a Pope.

Also it exist the possibility of being an anti-Pope, that in all exteral factors appears as a Pope without being actually a Pope. Being pope is not like a human office, like president of a country, it also involves a ministery that you've got to fulfill faithfully or else you can be declared anti-Pope (for example, if you declare an heresy).
>>
>>77692128

yes, but Antioch in the West are largely cucked. avoid unless you want to hear about refugee bullshit
>>
These threads need to stop lumping liberal protestants with evangelical Protestantism, there's as much difference between them as Russian Orthodox and Romanism
>>
>>77692095
have you done your duty as a catholic today?

how many refugee feet did you kiss today?

how many refugees did your wife pleasure?
>>
>>77693313
I just can't shake off the fact that the german protestants are beyond saving. They have abandoned all values and beliefes and just stab other Christians in the back.
>>
>>77692128
>>77693179
Antioch orthodoxy is sadly tainted but very small by refugee bullshit.
>someone talked about making a film about help these poor people out war torn places
>only happened once and was a special thing this guy wanted to share.
Besides that everyone is super nice trump supporting people. Talked to a nice lady about how mistreated he is in the media and she said "Of course with the Jewish media are you kidding."
I had a big ol smile.
>>
>>77693474
There is no scriptural precedent for anybody being beyond saving, why don't you read the scriptures
>>
File: mary_bright_hands.jpg (155 KB, 958x654) Image search: [Google]
mary_bright_hands.jpg
155 KB, 958x654
>>77693570
Why don't you convert?
>>
>>77693570
They might be saved by the Lord, but I for sure won't be able to get them out of the mess they created.
>>
File: good-goy.jpg (32 KB, 312x342) Image search: [Google]
good-goy.jpg
32 KB, 312x342
>christians fighting amongst each other calling each other cucks
>>
>>77693508

oh cool! based!
>>
>>77693313
there is hardly any doctrinal difference between eastern orthodox and roman catholic. filioque and priest marriage, thats it.the differences are all politics, and cosmetics.
>>
File: 465.jpg (45 KB, 650x380) Image search: [Google]
465.jpg
45 KB, 650x380
Hello, Agnostic or whatever it's called now here. (just never have been interested in Religion really)
I was recently interested in converting to one, and, well Islam is shit, I can't be Jewish and being Buddhist require a special lifestyle, so Christianity was the way to go, and I have some questions :

>How can you know he does exist ? Did you got any visions and saw something that was, by you, from him ?
>Don't you sometimes think that your faith is more about giving yourself more courage, a goal to accomplish each day ? To give you more strength in our mad world and not about following the sayings of someone ?
>Do you really believe in the after life ? Eternity seems like such a.. complicated and boring thing, wouldn't you want to end it one day, once you're in heaven/hell ? As Molyneux said, non-religious will have less barriers from doing something bad, for they don't believe in a greater power, so don't you, once again think that you believe in God to have a good lifestyle ?
>What do you think about Islam ?
>What do you think about the violent verses in the Bible, such as : Samuel 15:3, 15:18.
>Why would the Lord allow fellow Christians to die not with honor by Muslims, like in Syria ? And, why would he let you suffer if he loves you ?

After asking some of those questions to Christians, most of the responses were "that's it, or because it is God's will" etc. I know that it may seem clear to you when you have faith, but for disbeliever like us, a lot of concepts are odd. And, sorry if the questions are vagues, and sorry for my frog English.
>>
>>77693790

I think he was a cunt, but I'm pretty sure I'd be right in saying Ante Pavelic would have had your eyeballs removed
>>
Can I be a late convert to Orthodoxy? I've been reading up and it's resonating with me.
>>
>>77693842

Not exactly. What about Marian doctrine, original sin, atonement theory?
>>
>>77693842
>priest marriage
Even the Catholic Church allows priests to be married on some occasions. One can be freed of celibacy by the Pope. The Old Catholic Church allows even the married to become a priest.
>>
>>77693038
That's not what anti-popes are. They were purely political moves where kings would set up bishops as a pope because of disagreements or someone else would still claim to be pope in a different city.
>>
>>77693924
>Marian doctrine
like what, Theotokos is revered in the east as well?
>original sin, atonement theory
What in particular?
>>
>>77693879
>eternal anglo
post disregarded
>>
Why are all you non-Orthodox spastics praising their church for continuing to consider you heretics?
>>
File: 1442785389352.jpg (19 KB, 320x355) Image search: [Google]
1442785389352.jpg
19 KB, 320x355
>>77693884
Nope, doing it now. They let you learn and I talk to the father's and ask them questions about the faith. He's getting me into a class so I can learn more alongside another family that wishes to convert. At a certain point you he will ask if your ready to become orthodox and you can say yes or wait a little longer.
It's nice, they really like gold and serphim in there art which I like too.
>>
>>77693870

> Came to Christianity by studying Christian apologetics. Look into arguments for God in general first, then arguments about the Resurrection. Took me a long time to feel the holy spirit, but it came eventually. watch religious movie, like the Passion.

> Faith helps with that stuff, but ultimately it is about transcending, about seeing truth beyond the material world which is fleeting

> Heaven is indescribable ecstacy. You will not feel boredom there.

> Islam is a false religion preached by a very gifted military tactician. Look at its claims. Unlike Christianity, it is not based on a collection of testimonies, but the testimony of one man, in a cave, talking to an angel when nobody saw. Not different from Mormonism really. It's not all bad, it does have some good traditional values, and it is suited to Arabs quite well, but it isn't ture. I mean, they dont even believe Jesus was crucified, and there is no historian anywhere who agrees with that.

> What about them? These were evil people who became so depraved that God had to wipe them out. He gave them time to correct their ways during the Egyptian captivity, but they didn't. So he had to wipe them out. Nothing of value was lost.

> The Christians who are martyred do die with honor, so long as they do not renounce His name. A martyrs death is the most honorable death, and a joy for us. God would let us suffer because our suffering is the result of 2 things.
> 1 > the natural evil in the world caused by its fall
> 2 > free human agency to do evil

God values our moral agency more than our hapiness. His goal is not to have people live happy 70-80 year life spans. That would be pointless from an eternal perspective. His goal is for the maximum number of people to come to Him of their own free will.
>>
>>77693978
Yes I know that. But that's not the only way to make an anti-Pope. If a Pope says an heresy and excommunicates himself then he immediatelly stop being the Pope, ipso facto. If he officially retains the "office" he would be an anti-Pope.

>>77694107
It's not the fact that they consider us heretic (it's not like its mandatory for all of them doing so since they really don't have a visible head anyway). Is the fact that their acting with coherence for the sake of being loyal to the truth (even with human mistakes) instead of the word system what we should celebrate.
>>
>>77694019

Orthodoxy does not teach that Mary was immaculately conceived for example

Atonement is understood under the old Ransom model in Orthodoxy, whereas Catholics use Anselmian Satisfaction model
>>
>>77693870
>How can you know he does exist ?
I don't know, I can't even be certain.

>Did you got any visions and saw something that was, by you, from him ?
There are a lot of strange things going on it this world. Once you dive into paranormal activities, you have to admit that there are forces beyond human comprehension.

>Don't you sometimes think that your faith is more about giving yourself more courage, a goal to accomplish each day ? To give you more strength in our mad world and not about following the sayings of someone ?
It's exactly that, a robe to help you stand up when you fell, a sign that points out virtues and values you may have forgotten. The Church is guidance.

>Do you really believe in the after life ?
I find it hard to believe that there is much after death, but I'm willing to be happily surprised. It doesn't change the way I function here and now, I doubt you can gain karma points. As for heaven and hell, maybe those who sin have to endure this mess forever, this would be my personal hell.

>What do you think about Islam ?
As with every religion, it has it's ups and downs. Islamists tend to be uneducated, which leaves them as easy prey for wrongdoers. I still distrust them.

>What do you think about the violent verses in the Bible, such as : Samuel 15:3, 15:18.
You need to defend yourself and your people. The fact that we preach love and equality all day long has left us as an easy target for everyone. A strong church isn't one to say sorry all the time.

>Why would the Lord allow fellow Christians to die not with honor by Muslims, like in Syria ? And, why would he let you suffer if he loves you ?
The Lord gives opportunites, we still have to take them. There is no sword coming from the skies which you can use to behead people, but there might be a gem you see that you can give a smith. He helps those who help themselves.
>>
File: 1465214418743.jpg (465 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1465214418743.jpg
465 KB, 1500x1500
>>77679258
>The ultraconservatism and inflexibility of the faith is an underestimated factor that's hindering the modernization of countries such as Russia and Greece. Until Orthodox Christianity takes steps toward the rest of the Christian world and starts relaxing its harsh dogmatism, these nations will continue to feel the pull of their distant past.
>feel the pull of their distant past

Shit I wish there was something like that here, we have no past really just a cult of the Constitution
>>
>>77690896
You must become born again, baptized in the holy spirit. Find a local pastor in a non-denominational church and they can help you.
>>
will catholicism and orthodoxy ever be (re)united?
>>
>>77695694
No. They do work great along each other, why fuck up a good system?
>>
First lie: In my name you shall move mountains, and from then on it's a cascade of lies to justify previous lies to make you be afraid of being anywhere close to Satan. Since they are lying so much, do it openly, accept Satan by saying with your mouth Save me Satan (do it in your mind if you cannot speak) Behold, the name of the God and saviour: Satan.

You don't know the true law, don't be stupid and do silly things they suggest, as they lied before.

There's no situation more stupid wherein an alleged evil spirit of "Satan" repents you accepting Satan and wants to move you outside of this path, and trust me, this is my situation.

Because the devil is jesus
>>
>>77693870
>>77693870
I was raised in a solidly Christian home but left the church for a while. Recently (last few years) returned to the Church and I've wrestled with these questions, and here are my answers. Mind you God will bring you in how he wants, but here goes:

>How can you know he does exist ? Did you got any visions and saw something that was, by you, from him ?
No visions, no voices for me. I looked at the pattern of my life and the pattern of the lives of Christians around me and I saw a difference in where I was headed vs. them. I worked for a very Godly woman, the owner of a Christian coffeehouse in a small town. She didn't have the money to hire me, but felt very strongly that God wanted her to, and so she did. Long story short, I ended up marrying her sister, got my life on track, and I'm building a family.

So what convinced me that God exists? He put people who are already fully devoted to Him in my path, and over time my interaction with them got me focused on what He wants. That's how you know you're dealing with real Christians: the love, joy, and peace whose source is God becomes a part of your life.
>>
>>77695018

Most people scoff at baptism in the holy spirit.

Maybe he should check out a FourSquare Church, Assemblies of God, or check out other local Pentecostal churches
>>
File: IMG_2054.jpg (104 KB, 535x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2054.jpg
104 KB, 535x800
>>77696054
>I can't literally move mountains with my mind like Jesus promised me
>Jesus is a liar!
Jesus obviously wasn't speaking literally here...

>Jesus is the devil is Jesus
pic related
>>
>>77688874
Erasmus had all the same problems with corruption in the church that Luther did, but instead of splitting off and destroying the unity of Western Christianity Erasmus tried to fix it
>>
File: michael.jpg (15 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
michael.jpg
15 KB, 400x320
>>77693870
>How can you know he does exist?
Faith, feelings that I have. When you let the Lord into your life you will feel it.

I tried to find courage and stuff in worldly things and they always fall short. I was like you not long ago, once you start getting into seeing truth it's not about what you want anymore but what God calls you to do.

>Do you really believe in the after life ? Eternity seems like such a.. complicated and boring thing, wouldn't you want to end it one day, once you're in heaven/hell ? As Molyneux said, non-religious will have less barriers from doing something bad, for they don't believe in a greater power, so don't you, once again think that you believe in God to have a good lifestyle?
Time is a thing of our world and there is no such thing in heaven. Bored, ha. Read the Bible and all those people like Abraham, Moses, etc are there wouldn't talking to them be pretty cool? I wonder what Michael is like, being the leader of God's army and all. Believing will help me develop a better lifestyle, sure. It is actually helping when "trying to be a good person" as unfaithful never did.

>What do you think about Islam?
Mohammed might have seen an angel, sure. But it was probably the most infamous one of them all and not Gabriel.

The people these verses reference were nephilim, giants.

>Why would the Lord allow fellow Christians to die not with honor by Muslims, like in Syria ? And, why would he let you suffer if he loves you?
The suffering in this world was created from the fall of man. Creation was perfect until then. The original sin is that thing you feel when you just know something isn't right.
>>
>>77693870
I'll answer the last question next b/c I'm running out of time here:

>Why would God let you suffer if he loves you?

Romans 5:2b-5:
"...we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only that, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.

Short answer: The ultimate purpose of humanity is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. Part of that is putting difficulty in our way on purpose so that we learn not to rely on ourselves, but on God. When we overcome, it is to God's credit and to His glory.

My kid's up so I gotta go, but be blessed, and please keep digging! Knock and the door shall be opened, seek and you shall find. Read Romans for the theology, Mark for the greatest story ever told, and Proverbs to see that humans have been this way forever. Keep digging!
>>
>>77693967
Eastern Catholics can be married, as can Anglican priests who convert to the RC and were already married. Celibacy is a discipline that can be lifted, not fundamental dogma
>>
>>77694416
There is no Church teaching that a Pope could cease to be Pope by saying heresy, it was a personal opinion by St. Robert Bellarmine that anyone is free to disagree with. A better view, I think, is that a heretical Pope is illicit (i.e. its a very bad situation) but the Pope is still a valid pope (he's still pope, he can make administrative decisions, etc). Even if the Pope was a heretic, who has authority to call him out? An ecumenical council or a large chunk of the college of cardinal might, but not random laypeople on the internet
>>
File: Martin Luther quotes(1).jpg (46 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
Martin Luther quotes(1).jpg
46 KB, 850x400
>>77698371
>who has authority to call him out? An ecumenical council or a large chunk of the college of cardinal might, but not random laypeople on the internet
Well said. Especially since there is so much media bias portraying Francis as the some kind of Marxist. For example..

>Pope says gay marriage is from satan
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/pope-francis-same-sex-marriage-move-father-lies-total-rejection-gods-law

>Pope Francis speaks against Gay adoption
http://wdtprs.com/blog/2013/12/pope-francis-shocked-by-gay-adoption-urges-bishop-to-speak-against-it-boldly/

>Compares trans rights to nuclear arms race
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/pope-francis-compares-arguments-for-transgender-rights-to-nuclear-arms-race-10061223.html

>Pope Francis says that there's no salvation outside the Church
http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2013/06/03/pope-francis-is-under-attack-for-saying-that-outside-the-church-there-is-no-salvation-its-a-poke-in-the-eye-says-one-presbyterian-why-hes-wrong/

>He excommunicates an Australian priest supporting gay marriage and women clergy
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/24/pope-francis-excommunicates-priest-greg-reynolds_n_3983059.html

>Pope Francis is against gender theory and for traditional gender roles
http://ncronline.org/blogs/francis-chronicles/pope-francis-gender-theory-problem-not-solution

>Pope is against abortion
http://www.lifenews.com/2015/09/23/pope-francis-on-abortions-innocent-victims-its-wrong-to-look-the-other-way-or-remain-silent/

>He Encourages the use of force against ISIS
http://www.businessinsider.com/pope-francis-endorses-use-of-force-against-isis-in-iraq-2014-8

>The Pope is misquoted often
http://www.christianpost.com/buzzvine/7-times-pope-francis-was-misquoted-132679/

>The Pope Rebukes Communist Cross
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/bolivia/11729834/Pope-rebukes-Bolivias-President-Evo-Morales-for-gift-of-crucifix-mounted-on-hammer-and-sickle.html
>>
File: 1432021215070.jpg (277 KB, 1256x1797) Image search: [Google]
1432021215070.jpg
277 KB, 1256x1797
>>77693870
>And, why would the Lord let you suffer if he loves you?
Jesus Christ suffered and died out of love for mankind. In that he is God, his suffering is a special kind(redemptive). But suffering and sacrifice is the true face of love. It's easy to love when it doesn't take anything away from you, but loving when it's hard and requires you to sacrifice (your time, your energy, your way of doing things, etc etc), loving with sacrifice to the point of suffering is the truest form of love there is.
>>
File: Views_about_same-sex_marriage.png (72 KB, 1856x2400) Image search: [Google]
Views_about_same-sex_marriage.png
72 KB, 1856x2400
>>77693717
Because I'm confident my practice is obedient to scripture
>>
>>77698711
>The Pope is misquoted often
Now that was an interesting read. Maybe he's not THAT heretic.
>>
File: 1432025141918.jpg (738 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1432025141918.jpg
738 KB, 1280x853
>>77699729
He's not heretic at all, friend :)
>>
File: 318759287321.jpg (91 KB, 628x768) Image search: [Google]
318759287321.jpg
91 KB, 628x768
My fathers always wore a cross, even though he never was a man of faith. I ordered my own cross right now, and I sure feel great about it.
>>
>>77697641
That was Luther's goal but secular politicians got involved and the Pope excommunicate dhim.
>>
File: 958.jpg (199 KB, 733x487) Image search: [Google]
958.jpg
199 KB, 733x487
>>77694374
>>77694650
>>77696387
>>77697749
>>77697791
>>77699080
Thanks to you all. I'll do my research on my own for now, and surely buy a Bible, is there any edition/version better than another ? There are so much types of Christians.
>>
File: cchan.jpg (89 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
cchan.jpg
89 KB, 800x600
>>77693870
reasonablefaith.org
check the FAQ and buy the book.
>>
>>77700718
You are always on point with a King James Bible.
>>
>>77685512
Stupid kid.
>>
File: 1462521353405.png (187 KB, 346x406) Image search: [Google]
1462521353405.png
187 KB, 346x406
Thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJODxvgkfE0
>>
>>77700718
http://www.drbo.org/
>>
>>77700718

Try get an Orthodox Bible because other Bibles leave out books
>>
>Orthodox: based as fuck
>Catholics: pretty much worship the pope, who is a Muslim loving faggot
>Protestant:SJW the religion
>>
I am agnostic, but I always felt like Pope is just a liar and politician, and the Catholic church is rotten inside.Current Pope is the worst one in catholic history, IMO
>>
>>77701412
What do you use for Septuagint ( I prefer to read in English to compare what I have until I learn koine greek )
>>
>>77702038

english. i cant read other languages unfortunately :(
>>
File: 1445603044435.jpg (15 KB, 400x352) Image search: [Google]
1445603044435.jpg
15 KB, 400x352
>>77695017
>The ultraconservatism and inflexibility of the faith is an underestimated factor that's hindering the modernization of countries such as Russia and Greece. Until Orthodox Christianity takes steps toward the rest of the Christian world and starts relaxing its harsh dogmatism, these nations will continue to feel the pull of their distant past.

that style of patronising attitude doesnt seem like what a fellow christian would write. or anything like a person who wants the good of christendom. it seems like a biased person pushing some sort of agenda. somethings really odd about it but i cant quite put my finger on it
>>
>>77702270
What versions dude, that\s what I asked.

For English for example I've tried lots of versions, undoubtedly kjv is the standard ( new testament wise ) for all English speaking people.

But it's pretty annoying for me, and modern language versions just broke some meanings.

The best new testament in English right now ( which is better than official Romanian translation ) - is EOB - Eastern / Orthodox Bible

- it's based entirely on Patriarchal text from 1904/14 - the official new testament old greek text right now, with the seal of Constantinople patriarchate.

It also used majority text, textus receptus and critical text - to give in comments the different versions available for some verses.

For old testament, the best one I found right now is:
http://orthodoxengland.org.uk/zot.htm

the one here which is a very good translation of official old Greek text used in Greek speaking churches - has the seal of the Greek Church.

It translates this:
http://www.apostoliki-diakonia.gr/bible/bible.asp?contents=old_testament/contents.asp&main=OldTes

^ which on its own is a Alfred Ralph text - corrected by an orthodox commission - which used Holy Tradition and Liturgy texts to fix it up.

I also check NETS - from time to time to clarify some verses, it's a recent English translation of Septuagint, based on latest scrolls findings and developments.
>>
>>77695018
>non-denominational church
is that what protestants call their sects these days?
>>
>>77703219
Nah, usually the cults do that, although community church is different
>>
someone post some of your favorite religious songs

starting with the GOAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA
>>
Feelin the pull on muh dik get cucked.

Anyone going to Vespers tonight?
>>
File: 1458828047984.jpg (150 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
1458828047984.jpg
150 KB, 736x736
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-Ztlpf_IKQ

So why are you not an orthodox christian yet?
>>
Why did God send only one prophet, and at that time ? Why not earlier ? And why doesn't we have another one ? Sorry if that seems obvious to you.
>>77706243
Uncommon
>>
>>77699887
Of course he couldn't do anything to make you think he was anyways, so this is a hollow statement
>>
Can Christ Gen maybe help me?

As I get older, thinking about life and how I've lived it, mortality, and the state of my life, I've been having an internal desire to come to Christ. I have no rational explanation other than that signs have been pointing me that way.

>saw a group of fit healthy happy park rangers grabbing lunch and the cashier asked him how he was and said "I'm blessed" and it made me feel
>had a dream about contacting an alien race and they said they also believe in Christ on their planet
>Bought a new car and it was tuned to a Christian radio station

I just don't know how to make this transition in my life. I've always been such a rational person and there are just so many things in the Bible I can never take seriously or believe. I think most of it is metaphorical, but I think the overall message is right.

What sect of Christianity is right for me? How do I transition? I would feel so strange suddenly converting. I've never been an overly passionate person and I would feel so strange coming out to my girlfriend and family that I was going to church. I would feel uncomfortable talking about it to friends and family. Not ashamed, but uncomfortable.

Is it possible to privately practice? Should I do it, how do I do it? Can some Christ bro point me in the right direction? I am totally lost in life desu.
>>
>>77692375
>We should lament that there is not more unity with Orthodox bros.
No, unity in this sort of thing is bad. Lack of unity leading to its prevention it is what makes the Orthodox Church so great.

Unity is important for acting in God's will, and we'll have it then
>>
>>77711293
Read Romans 1
John 3
Romans 10

It will tell you what you must do to be saved
>>
>>77711293
I'll try to tackle a few of your points.

>I have no rational explanation other than that signs have been pointing me that way.
It was the exact same with me. I just had a stern thinking and somehow thought that maybe Christianity was the solution, turned out to be true.

>there are just so many things in the Bible I can never take seriously or believe.
Me neither, but the Bible isn't to be taken literally. It's a book of guidance, not a story told by your mailman.

>Is it possible to privately practice?
Of course. If you struggle to find the right branch of Christianity, just attend different masses. Nobody will bother you and you can see if it's really for you. You don't need to tell people, just go out and be there. Religion is a private matter, no need to shout and scream it out to the world.
>>
>>77711506
>>77712116
Thank you bros. I'm coming to accept Christ as my savior. I hope it helps enrich my life, and subsequently the lives of those around me.
>>
>>77712116
It's called presupositions, a naturalist presuposes that only the natural exists, but since I believe in an omnipotent being, the things in the bible don't seem impossible to me
>>
>>77712348
That's great, :)
>>
>>77711293
Yeah, it's possible to practice privately. God is everywhere, not just in church. It's still good to go to church if you can though

I'd recommend that you read the Gospels to start out with if you're curious, it's the first four books of the New Testament.

I know what you mean about thinking the bible is metaphorical. Jesus even told stories to illustrate points so that would follow the same theme. But for me, I think most of the bible is literal unless otherwise stated, but still a few things are probably metaphorical. Just think how crazy life is and how little we really know. If you suspend disbelief for a little bit, you'll realize this isn't really that crazy or less possible than anything else really

Anyways, God bless. Hope you find your way bro :)
>>
File: 1430294005383.jpg (562 KB, 1377x1545) Image search: [Google]
1430294005383.jpg
562 KB, 1377x1545
Praise God my brothers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UcXwaMIWbQ&
>>
>>77712534
Thank you so much. How do I pick a denomination? Does it matter which one I pick? Is there a "right" one?
>>
>>77713045
>denomination
That's the golden question. You'd have to attend mass and see for yourself. There are many people who change denomination over time, since they dislike the way their respective church is going.
>>
>>77713045
I'm a Reformed Baptist, so I kinda have to recommend that, but here's some advice

http://carm.org/look-for-in-a-church
>>
>>77691774
Is the British Orthodox Church legitimate, or heretical?
>>
>>77713830
Not biblical, but that is a different story
>>
>>77702723
Leonid Bershidsky is a Bloomberg View columnist. He is a BERLIN-BASED writer, author of three novels and two nonfiction books. Bershidsky was the founding editor of Russia's top business daily, Vedomosti, a joint project of Financial Times and the Wall Street Journal, and the first publisher of the Russian edition of Forbes. He also founded the opinion website Slon.ru; ran the business book arm of Russia's biggest book publisher, Eksmo; and worked as managing director at KIT Finance investment bank. He has an MBA from Insead in Fontainebleau, France.

He has been corrupted by the Eternal Kraut.
>>
I'm an unbaptized heathen, and I want to go to church. But, in order to be baptized you kind of need to try to be involved in the "community" first, and find a god parent etc.

I'm socially retarded neet and I think everyone is going to judge me, and ask like "what do you do for a living" and shit. It's preventing me from going to church.

What should I do?
>>
>>77715875
I'm in the same boat kind of. I want to go and be baptized but I keep putting it off. I know that everyone will know I'm the new guy at the church and will feel like everyone's staring at me and judging me

I used to go to church sometimes when I lived somewhere else though and most people are genuinely kind and accepting, just explain your situation to them as honestly as you can or feel comfortable with. They won't shun you or anything, they'll be happy you made it. Also talk to the pastor about your desire to be baptized, just fight through the anxiety and whatever, it'll be worth it. I just need to follow my own advice too lol
>>
>>77693570
I kinda disagree. Sure it might not be literally in a verse but context also matters a lot. On homosexuals. Every sin we are supposed to help the person better themselves and there are alot of examples of someone doing just that and going to heaven. (Best example is the thief that hung next to Christ.

Exept homosexuals. They are wiped off the map with fire and brimstone and Lot's wife got turned into a pillar of salt, just for looking back (caring for what happend to them).

I don't know. It is pretty obvious that God has a special hatred for fags.

Don't forget, fags are God-haters according to Romans 1:30. And therefore:

>Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.

2nd Chronicles 19:2 clearly started that if you love the people that hate the Lord, you will receive the wrath of the Lord.

what do you guys think?
>>
So many people turning their backs on the hero of the second world war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiDjQL9e3PE
>>
>>77693870
You have got alot of replies lately but I want to share something about your first question because that was the exact question why it took so long for me to conver.

Think about it like this.

The goal is to love God. God wants us to love Him. Will you every truly love Him if you know 100% that He is real? No. If there was a computer that could read your DNA and show you the most perfect match for you on this earth to marry, would you instantly love her that very second? No.

Love is faith based, if it were evidence-based you wouldn't truly love God, you would just accept that He is real.
You love people right now, do you have evidence that that love is real? You could say: "I love my parents!" and if I asked you for proof you wouldn't be able to give any. That doesn't make the love less real.

I've probably not put it perfectly but think about it for a while.
God bless.
>>
>>77679258
Christianity is shit-tier faggotry. I shall enjoy watching the filthy Moslem niggers cut off each and every one of your heads. There is only one god and the almighty dollar is his profit.
>>
>>77679258
so i'm an eastern orthodox christian, but i've never truly learned about my religion other than what is in the bible (like a very passive glossover), where can i learn about my religion indepth? any books you guys recommend?
>>
>>77693870
also
>What do you think about Islam?

It is based around a Prophet who wasn't prophesied, he did no miracles to show he was one (only one but the only witness was a donkey since he did it at night). And when he died he left no prophesy. How can he be a Prophet?

I think he met with satan, pretending to be an angle that day. That angel told him to change the Scriptures even though the Bible clearly states that no one should ever do that.

It was either a ruse to get an army and the dumb peasants bought it, or the work of Satan to get a worldly army to fight the Christians.
>>
>>77717871
I like this website and podcasts.

http://www.ancientfaith.com/
>>
What's up my protestant brethren
>>
What's your favorite translation of the bible?

I really like the RSV, it's a shame it went out of print in favor of the NRSV.
>>
I've narrowed my denomination choices down to Anglican, LCMS, and Orthodox. Any reasoning for or against either of those?
>>
>>77719934
As a Catholic, I have to ask why you ruled out my denomination.
>>
File: Luke 18 18-29.jpg (244 KB, 1173x551) Image search: [Google]
Luke 18 18-29.jpg
244 KB, 1173x551
>>77719210
for reading/studying: NET/NASB
for memorization: KJV
for giggles: pic related
http://www.pidginbible.org/Concindex.html
>>
>>77719934
Why is Baptist not on your list? Just curious.
>>
File: 623.jpg (52 KB, 493x328) Image search: [Google]
623.jpg
52 KB, 493x328
>>77717410
Thank you. It is more or less of a "that's it" reponse, but I kind of understand it better, thanks.
>>77717880
So do you think that because Mahomet did this because of Satan, the Muslims should be punished ? Or do you think it is worth it, for they will go to hell after their death ?
>>
>>77720797
It is not worth it*
>>
>>77679258
Member of the Church of Antioch here.

Thank God our Patriarch John X refused to give in to Constantinople's globalist agenda.

>muh dark ages
>>
>>77679258

Get fucked liberal scum. Fuck that was beautiful to read. "Bad Orthodox, goy! Why won't you become modern degenerates like everyone else?"
>>
>>77717871
The Orthodox Church by Met. Kallistos (Timothy) Ware
>>
>>77719934
Orthodox is the only one of those with apostolic succession.
>>
>>77695017
>hindering the modernization of countries such as Russia and Greece

THANK GOD

This moron needs to try living in a country where Protestantism has run roughshod for centuries, if he thinks modernism is so great.
>>
>>77720258
I don't agree with the popes decisions on Islam, refugees, and same sex marriage.
>>
>>77720745
I know nothing about baptists.
>>
>>77719934
Anglo-catholics have a beautiful liturgy. Lutherans are heretics.
Orthodox is very neat but very ethnically divided. Might be awkward if you're not a slav or greek.

Another option instead of Anglican is, a prior Anglican parish that has been accepted into communion with the Catholic church. They retain their unique liturgy.
>>
>>
>>77679258

>(((Bershidsky)))
>>
File: Dóm sv. Alžbety 3.jpg (68 KB, 649x433) Image search: [Google]
Dóm sv. Alžbety 3.jpg
68 KB, 649x433
>>
File: Zilina-Marianske_namestie2.jpg (96 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Zilina-Marianske_namestie2.jpg
96 KB, 640x480
>>
File: presov 1.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
presov 1.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: bardejov.jpg (1 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
bardejov.jpg
1 MB, 3072x2304
>>
File: St-Patricks-Church-19-1140x744.jpg (164 KB, 1140x744) Image search: [Google]
St-Patricks-Church-19-1140x744.jpg
164 KB, 1140x744
>>
>>77721280
Pope Francis is vehemently against same sex marriage. Are you for it or something or do you not know his position.

As for the Islam-refugee thing, it's the old man's dedication to charity. Very admirable in my opinion, but I can understand why racists and xenophobes would hate it.
>>
File: 682px-Kölner_Dom_abends.jpg (133 KB, 682x1023) Image search: [Google]
682px-Kölner_Dom_abends.jpg
133 KB, 682x1023
>>
File: Zehra,_Slovakia_008.jpg (2 MB, 3504x2336) Image search: [Google]
Zehra,_Slovakia_008.jpg
2 MB, 3504x2336
why do you believe christianity is true?
only proofs nothing else
>>
>>77689150
>>77689371

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

-Jesus Christ
>>
>>77722504
i heard that the eye of a needle was a jerusalem gate which was half way open so camels needed to lower themselves to get through
is it just a meme?
>>
>>77722222
nice digits
>>
>>77722305
>Very admirable in my opinion, but I can understand why racists and xenophobes would hate it.
He's from Argentinia and doesn't know what havoc Islam can actually bring.
>>
File: baptist.jpg (36 KB, 323x301) Image search: [Google]
baptist.jpg
36 KB, 323x301
>>77721320
we're the people that those who use the term "bible belt" are crying about.
>>
>>77722631
Yes, that is just an attempt to justify not helping anyone with personal wealth and instead just sitting on it.
>>
I have a question, isn't Christianity the best religion because it's the one Jesus came up with, and it's the religion most related to the first one?
>>
>>77722504
Bishops don't legally own anything. They live in housing provided by the church, they do the church's business pretty much 24/7, and when they die all their possessions go back to the church, to be used by the next bishop who takes his place.
>>
File: horus-mithra-krishna-dionysus.jpg (540 KB, 1035x1131) Image search: [Google]
horus-mithra-krishna-dionysus.jpg
540 KB, 1035x1131
>>
Is seventh day adventism a cult?
>>
>>77723379
Yes. It is based on the Arian heresy.
>>
>>77723438
>Arian heresy.
They don't believe in the trinity?
>>
File: nitra.jpg (119 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
nitra.jpg
119 KB, 533x800
>>77722482
answer bros
>>
File: tvrdosin.jpg (219 KB, 1347x900) Image search: [Google]
tvrdosin.jpg
219 KB, 1347x900
>>
>>77721409
Anglicans do not have apostolic succession, due to their acceptance of female clergy. Anglicans are protestants with fancy rituals, but they are nonetheless protestants.

>Orthodox is very neat but very ethnically divided. Might be awkward if you're not a slav or greek.

We are not ethnically "divided," the church is administrated along the lines of historical regions. Every international church is like that.

I came into Orthodoxy through a parish that was 75% Syrian, and they were the nicest people I've ever met. It's only awkward if you make it awkward.
>>
>>77723670
No, and they do not believe in Christ's divinity either.
>>
>>77722482
Because Christ is risen.
>>
>>77717634
Well you can't buy your way into heaven
>>
>>77721320
Would you like to learn :)
>>
Bless you brothers and sisters
>>
>>77723786
>Orthodoxy
Nearly all orthodox churches around here are russian to the heart. If I, a german man, would walk into there and be part of it, I'd have a hard time. They like to be by themselves.
>>
>>77679258
Orthodox is the one true church after all!
>>
>>77721320
http://www.sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp

Baptist Christianity is pretty basic, but still based. You gotta choose the right church to join though, because they each have a different philosophy.
>>
>>77724404
Southern or Refomed are pretty Good
>>
>>77724478

Southern Baptist is true American Christianity imo
>>
>>77724645
Very Blue collar conservative, I'm Reformed but I attend a southern Baptist church, the most true American people in the world.
>>
Could someone give me some links to arguments against Orthodoxy from Catholic perspective? I've already found some website and pastebin aganst Catholics from Orthodox perspective and I would like to compera them.
>>
>>77679258
Why are the protestants the worst? literally a bunch of kids playing with the Bible.
>>
>>77679258
russia please invade and reform the roman church
>>
File: jville.lg.jpg (240 KB, 887x582) Image search: [Google]
jville.lg.jpg
240 KB, 887x582
>>77679258
>Orthodox Church stays in dark ages

Your damn right. How can you claim to preserve the sanctity of your church if you don't purge the heretics?
>>
>>77725105
Elaborate

The Bible is the word of God, we follow it over a man with a funny hat
>>
>>77679258
>http://www.themoscowtimes.com/opinion/article/illusions-gone-im-leaving-russia/502173.html
>"my Jewish ethnicity"

(((Leonid Bershidsky)))
>>
post some music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2glsYv6-sxg
>>
File: bazilika sv_ Mikulasa Trnava.jpg (203 KB, 900x641) Image search: [Google]
bazilika sv_ Mikulasa Trnava.jpg
203 KB, 900x641
>>77723885
yes a very strong historical case can be made for Christ’s resurrection but that’s not a good enough proof that would convince somebody
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_B4HkbZUTI
again
CHRISTBROS GIVE CONVINCING REASONS WHY YOU BELIEVE IN CHRISTIANITY
>>
>>77722482
I'm not so sure myself, it's just something you feel.
>tfw have been fedora'd for years and am starting to lapse back into believing
It's like a part of me wants to believe but there's no way I'd go back to Catholicism, it seems too cucked plus I flat out dislike the current Pope.
>>
>>77726080
>CHRISTBROS GIVE CONVINCING REASONS WHY YOU BELIEVE IN CHRISTIANITY
Do I look like someone from jehovah's witnesses? No need to push my faith on others.
>>
>>77700733

OCA SHILL GET OUT. ROCOR IS BEST COR REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
whats the go with alcohol? i know one catholic who drinks like a sailor, another who only drinks at celebrations/parties and another who never drinks. they all seem to have varying opinions on it too.
>>
>>77726848
Monks were the ones who introduced beer in Germany. I guess they're okay with it.
>>
To all of the Christians in here:

What are your thoughts on sexuality? Things such as promiscuity, homosexuality, masturbation, lustful clothing, etc.
>>
Can anyone recommend a good church near my zip (95691). I'm white and of British and German descent, so idk if I would stand out at an Eastern Orthodox Church.
>>
>>77726848
well jesus literally turned water in to wine so it’s not bad to drink alcohol

however it’s pretty clear that drunkards are not going to heaven

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to nor perform homosexual acts, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
>>
File: Beni.png (23 KB, 230x550) Image search: [Google]
Beni.png
23 KB, 230x550
>>77727182
>Things such as promiscuity, homosexuality, masturbation, lustful clothing, etc.

I don't support gay marriage. You can't really turn a gay man straight, so it's live at let live on that matter. As for masturbation, I am as much of a sinner as many other men. Sexual power should be used to have sex with one's spouse, so that's that. Lustful clothing is just stupid and shouldn't be encouraged as it is.
>>
File: 1406086970500.png (424 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1406086970500.png
424 KB, 500x375
>>77679863
Holy shit, who told you that?
>>
>>77724158
The local Greek churches here have Romanian, Russian, Chinese and even black members. They are treated pretty weird (especially Chinese and blacks) but mostly in the sense that nobody expects them to take the faith seriously or learn Greek. But they all learn Greek and a Chinese guy even learnt koine.

Idk why Russians and Romanians attend Greek orthodox churches we have Romanian and Russian churches here. There are only a couple who do though that I'm aware of.

I don't think Russians would be much worse especially for a white person.
>>
>>77727182
They're all sinful. But we live in a secular society, so I don't think it would be right for me to force my ideals on others.
>>
>>77727182
Sexual activity is meant for a man and woman who are in love/marriage. Anything outside of that is lustful. Threesomes, orgies, hookups, etc. are degenerate.

Homosexuality is sinful, but there is debate as to whether or not it is an instant one-way ticket to hell.

Masturbation is a little sinful, but not as much as people make it out to be. Keep it to a minimum and repent.

Pornography is sinful and degenerate. Gay/Lesbian porn even more so.
>>
>>77726647
kek
>>
>>77724158
They might find it curious, they might ask some insensitive questions ("you're not Russian, why would you come here?") but they won't be hostile.

It's a small price to pay. 1900 years ago only members of the local congregation were even allowed to attend the worship. Converts had to make their decision before they even witnessed it.
>>
File: OdStB.png (21 KB, 259x300) Image search: [Google]
OdStB.png
21 KB, 259x300
I wish to win the lottery to fulfill my dream of opening a christian school for all ages, in order to battle the wrongs of our time.
>>
>>77679258
Sorry I'm late to the party.
>>77727182
I don't support Gay Marriage. Marriage is a religious binding between a Man and a Woman and should be kept sacred. That's aside from my thoughts on gays as a whole;
I do not have a problem with gays as it's not their fault they have a certain sexual orientation that they have a reasonable explanation for. Transexuals however have LITERALLY associated their degenerate fetish with apart of their self being and are trying to push that it's socially acceptable to be the way they are when it's really not.
Lustful clothing is pure degeneracy and heresy.
Masturbation is fine if you can keep control of your tendencies and not fap 5 times a day.
>>
>>77727822

That's why Christianity is losing and Islam wining.

>>77728779
>I do not have a problem with gays as it's not their fault they have a certain sexual orientation that they have a reasonable explanation for. Transexuals however have LITERALLY associated their degenerate fetish with apart of their self being and are trying to push that it's socially acceptable to be the way they are when it's really not.

I don't understand distinction beetwen trans and gays. Being trans is also not a free choice. But "changing" gender and homosexual acts are.
>>
>>77720797
Here is an Orthodox FAQ and reading list if you're interested: http://pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x
>>
>>77729639
>http://pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x

Too bad catholics don't have something like this. I'm intrested in catholicism and orthodoxy and I can't decide which one is better.
My question from earlier>>77725052
>>
>>77691774
if he is a legit catholic I dont think he will be rebaptised I think they just do some confirmation dealy if your paperwork checks out
>>
>>77729973
Catholics aren't that judgemental toward Orthodoxy.
>>
File: 245.jpg (324 KB, 1600x1299) Image search: [Google]
245.jpg
324 KB, 1600x1299
>>77729639
Thanks. Are the memes about Catholics and Protestants true ? It's mostly because of them that I would prefer to be an Orthodox.
>>
>>77730361
Depends on what memes you have heard.
>>
>>77730220

That's a funny thing. Catholics say that Orthodoxy is the same church (even if they don't share some dogma especially the pope dogma), but Orthodoxs say Catholicism is a heresy.
>>
>>77691774
You can only be baptized once though.

Any trinitarian baptism is valid, doesn't have to be orthodox or catholic, but can't be mormon or any non-trinity branches.
>>
File: 1488.jpg (1 MB, 1769x2688) Image search: [Google]
1488.jpg
1 MB, 1769x2688
>>77730472
Catholics = "cucks" muslims lover. Too much in their utopia of "peace & love and everything will be good". And that their Pope is a pussy.
>>
>>77725248
Jordanville. Nice.
>>
>>77727182
Sinful and degenerate
>>
>>77730884
I guess that's more of a generalization. Of course there are catholics who aid the invaders, but I doubt it's a common trend. As for the Pope, I think it's a double-edged sword. He is misquoted often, leading to the image of a destructive man. On the other hand he does have some uncommon things done that justify the critic.
>>
>>77727822
I have no problem with certain regulations on it, but we don't have to go OT on them
>>
>>77730884

I think Marion would disagree. I don't get it why every christian here go mad with pope francis atittude toward muslims. There'are after all people and they even share more common values with christian than the current secular west.
>>
>>77730645
Catholics started saying that with Vatican II.

>>77730361
Many of them are, yeah. The Catholic Church, for instance, burned a lot of people for heresy (unlike the Orthodox Church). But others are twisted, like the sex abuse: Catholic sex abuse is not particularly high at all, the major issue with that is the cover up.

As for Protestants, I think Martin Luther was an extremely wicked guy, and Protestantism is whack interpretation of the Bible that didn't exist until the Reformation. We still feel they are heretics, and my priest overtly referred to them as that last Sunday in his homily (sermon). They innovate beliefs and gut the expectations of the Christian lifestyle.
>>
>>77730645
they should have realized they are wrong after suffering the Turks and Communism.
>>
File: 42.png (180 KB, 420x349) Image search: [Google]
42.png
180 KB, 420x349
>>77730884
Here are some things from Vatican II

>The Church regards with esteem also the Moslems. They adore the one God, living and subsisting in Himself; merciful and all- powerful, the Creator of heaven and earth,(5) who has spoken to men; they take pains to submit wholeheartedly to even His inscrutable decrees, just as Abraham, with whom the faith of Islam takes pleasure in linking itself, submitted to God. Though they do not acknowledge Jesus as God, they revere Him as a prophet. They also honor Mary, His virgin Mother; at times they even call on her with devotion. In addition, they await the day of judgment when God will render their deserts to all those who have been raised up from the dead. Finally, they value the moral life and worship God especially through prayer, almsgiving and fasting.

-Nostra aetate

>But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator. In the first place amongst these there are the Muslims, who, professing to hold the faith of Abraham, along with us adore the one and merciful God, who on the last day will judge mankind.
-Lumen gentium

Pic related is Pope John Paul II (a Catholic saint) kissing the Quran
>On 6 May 2001 he became the first Catholic pope to enter and pray in a mosque, namely the Umayyad Mosque in Damascus, Syria. Respectfully removing his shoes, he entered the former Byzantine era Christian church dedicated to John the Baptist, who is also revered as a prophet of Islam. He gave a speech including the statement: "For all the times that Muslims and Christians have offended one another, we need to seek forgiveness from the Almighty and to offer each other forgiveness."[92] He kissed the Qur'an in Syria, an act that made him popular among Muslims but that disturbed many Catholics.[186]
>>
>>77731511

>burned a lot of people for heresy (unlike the Orthodox Church

Orhodox Church was better. He (or he let the authorities, cuz orthodox are not so independent like Catholic Church_ persecuted people who didin't accept some liturgical changes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raskol
>>
>>77730647
Protestant and orthodox both rebaptize converts.
>>
If I've been baptized in an Anglican church before and I wish to convert to Othrodox, need I get baptized again at an Othrodox church?
>>
>>77731964
Yeah, and the Patriarch who did that was defrocked and essentially put in prison
>>
>>77679258
>>>/his/

This has nothing to do with politics

Go be a newfag somewhere else
>>
>>77679258
>>
>>77731949
Kay I'm not going to go to RCIA afterall.
>>
Is Bill Maher the hero we need?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un935p14Hvo
>>
>>77701877
I agree. I'm Catholic and my favorite pope to date is Pope John Paul the 2nd. He was pretty based.
>>
>>77731511
>Protestantism is whack interpretation of the Bible that didn't exist until the Reformation
like what?
i bet there isn't one protestant stance that wasn't held by at least one early church father.
>>
>>77732284

Protestants deny all 7 sacraments.
>>
>>77731976
Baptist believe that a precondition of Baptism is a profession of faith, infants can't do that.
>>
>>77732042
It's up to your bishop. We don't recognize baptism outside the Church, but once you are received, generally your bishop validates your previously baptism--he can order rebaptism, but that's seldom done unless your baptism was non-Trinitarian or something.
>>
>>77729612
No.
Transexuality is a fad that is arising because of leftist and marxist propaganda being pushed to dismantle Western civilization. It's degeneracy in its purest form.
>>
>>77732379
Only 5
We still do Baptism and Lords supper
Marriage is more of a ceremony than a sacrament
>>
>>77732410
Thanks.
>>
>>77732042

No they accept all Trinitarian baptisms.
>>
File: 853.jpg (168 KB, 534x595) Image search: [Google]
853.jpg
168 KB, 534x595
>>77731218
Oh, ok. I only saw the photos of him kissing Muslims feets.
>>77731507
In a time of war with Islamism, we can't let hords of people coming in your country, that's what Poland does, and what Marion is planing to do, too.
>>77731949
Wow.
>>
>>77732498
>We still do Baptism and Lords supper
Many Protestants do those, but don't really see them as sacramental, just as earthly rituals.
>>
>>77717634
Are you athiest or what?
>>
>>77732097

Yes he was, but

>after the church sobor in 1666–67, which had anathemized the defenders of the old faith as heretics and made decisions with regards to their punishment

Also don't fall for "inquisition killed gorillion people in tortures" meme
>>
>>77732646
I'm a Baptist, we consider both Believers Baptism and The Lord Supper/ communion as a sacrament
>>
>>77732498

Grape juice and a cracker, no blessing, that's not sacramental. You treat it like a symbolic gesture instead of a Holy Mystery. It's an abomination.
>>
>>77732854
So are you saying the bible doesn't use symbols?
John 10
>>
>>77732561

Muslims were quite all right in Syria and Iraq before Amerifatcs came in. I also don't think we should let them in, but mostly becouse we can help more of them (mostly women and children) by sending money and building refugees camps in Syria (with military protections)
>>
>>77692535
>Alethos anesti
>>
>>77694198
that's not the greek number anything.

Literally what
>>
>>77732956

Did Jesus say it was symbolic? No He did not.

53 Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For My flesh is food indeed,[h] and My blood is drink indeed. 56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. 58 This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”
>>
>>77693870
ill give one answer, since the other replies have covered your questions pretty well

man's free will happens indiscriminately, no matter the influence. you choose, it's in Genesis. we rule the earth, we decide what we do. it's the thing that explains everything. any direct divine intervention would break this rule. God doesn't break his own rules. that's why faith is so neccessary. good luck
>>
>>77732769
You consider communion merely a remembrance. You define a Sacrament as a ritual Jesus passed down, but afaik you don't think there is something mystical that happens when you do it, like Lutherans do,
>>
>>77732417

There were some gender dysporia before XXIst century. Look at India( hijra), and Natives Americans (two spirit). It's still a mental illnes though, just like homosexuality.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.