[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the average person blind inside of their own mind? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: wallhaven-322604.jpg (945 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-322604.jpg
945 KB, 1920x1080
Why is the average person blind inside of their own mind?

I know countless people who don't even know why they do some of things they do, or some of their own beliefs, or their emotions and responses to certain situations. I know countless people who don't even realize the amount of control they have over their own mind and over their own thoughts.

Particularly women. There are plenty of men who seem to be on top of things. But it still doesn't change that the average person is not.

Sounds more direct to me than a lot of the jew pills would do. There's also a lot in psychology and philosophy that validates it.

What kind of change in education would solve this problem? Teaching meditation would be effective if there was a certainty we wouldn't half-ass it.
>>
>>70478773
I really don't know.... I've come to believe that there is an IQ threshold that holds people down. Just like you can't make monkeys grasp some of the more complex ideas.

Sometimes I drift myself into a mindless existence, for a few hours, or days when it's at the worst. Mindless doesn't mean that I do not think, just... it's not the same.

Try not sleeping for 24 hours... your mind will feel slow and bogged down, you'll have a hard time having very complex thoughts that allow you to constantly control yourself in the same manner as you're used to.
I believe many people live their whole life in that state.
>>
why would i need to see colour in my head
what
>>
>>70479499
is there a way to filer people by their flag?
>>
>>70479594
Yes.
>>
>>70478773

>change in education

Just trip balls mayne
>>
>>70479499

I think what I'm saying could be turned to an analogy with computers. Or it could be saying that most people don't see or feel the own pulleys and levers in their own heads.

I have no problem thinking when I'm up for a couple days, but the reason for that is because I can force myself past the feeling of wanting to collapse and feel bogged down. I also end up sweating bullets and my heart racing, and that sucks!

I've tried seeing thinking as just another thing I do. Something I can do unconsciously and consciously like anything else. I mean that's common sense, but to fully grasp what that meant helped me pay a bit more intention to my thoughts.

I think that's what I'd like to see some effort in education on. Helping people better understand and focus on their own thoughts, so that they can better understand themselves and the problems they have.

Drug use would probably fuck off or at least simmer down a bit, too
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (11 KB, 64x64) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
11 KB, 64x64
>>70479685
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>70479527
Wait what? Unless you think I mean literally "seeing". I just mean visualizing it and understanding it a bit more. Maybe if you're anxious or stressed out, focus on thoughts and question some of it and try to find the very root of why that came out. That's where you usually find other problems. That's kinda what I mean, instead of rolling your eyes backwards.

I'm glad I found this picture, by the way.
>>
>>70480136
I think they just aren't have that level of self aware. Surely, it can be explained to them.
>>
>>70480352
I can indef use that.
I can get quite pissed off when coding and getting stuck.
like right now
this is me trying to relax read pol before going back
>>
maybe it has to do with the fact that WiFi and cell phone radiation DOES cause brain damage

or at least temporarily impairs cognition while in the field
>>
>>70480619
and even if that's not true,

internet addiction DOES damage cognition

China is probably right, for literally forcing kids in rehab for internet use
>>
>>70478773
Most people are unwilling to accept responsibility for themselves.
>>
>>70478773
It takes intelligence, insight and will to understand what drives your actions, probably just few people can achieve this, maybe its not possible for most people, human psyche is complicated.
>>
>>70480712
its just an addiction like gambling.
reading click bait headlines
then clicking on comments
to agree with the top one and think Oh thats what i think when you never even read the article or formed an opinion
>>
>look at me I'm so smart and self aware all these other people are just sheep wow why can't everyone be as smart and deep as me guess I'm just a lonely genius lol my intellect is too powerful xD
>>
>>70480609

I do that with programming and painting all the time. I used to do it constantly and it'd interfere with school. I think it was a focusing problem in general. I didn't really have a good control of my focus back in high school, for example.

A hard math problem? I would focus on the problem too much instead of going through step by step how I should solve it. Then I would overwhelm my mind, lay my head down, and when I looked at it again sometimes it'd click. Many times it wouldn't. But I think that click is me focusing on another angle of the problem. I wasn't aware that I stopped overwhelming my mind and stressing it out when I put my head down. I just saw it as "Ugh I'm beat I can't do this anymore. One more time".
>>
>>70480799
the average 4chan feels person has a lot of self awareness but not the ability to actually do/change anything
>>
>>70480619
>>70480712

It's always been this way. But you've always had people who had an alternative form of thinking as well. After all, some of these ideologies are thousands of years old. I think they show a very raw side of humanity
>>
>>70480136
I know what you mean by forcing yourself to focus, I first noticed this when I was getting drunk as a teen, I noticed could pretty much undo most of the effects of the Alcohol simply by focusing. Same goes with tiredness.
I don't know you and I can't be sure what you mean by "past the feeling of wanting to collapse and feel bogged down." as that's not what I was referring to but to [in]ability to 'hold' a large maze of thoughts simultaneously in my mind when I'm very tired.

Of course it's easier for you to backtrack your way to high self awareness even in this state because you know the path, but I find that the conclusions I reach and the qualities of my thoughts are lacking. Now imagine a person who is always in that state and isn't familiar with the thought process which came to you naturally.
Anyway, this is just a conjecture, who know what's really in the heads of others.
It's possible that you're more intelligent then me and so tiredness does not effect you, though that sounds a bit far off.
>>
>>70480619
No. I'm sure it makes it worse, but I am oldfag and this problem has been around a lot longer than the internet.

Sometimes you just can't fix stupid.
>>
>>70480799
>It takes intelligence, insight and will to understand what drives your actions, probably just few people can achieve this, maybe its not possible for most people, human psyche is complicated.

I think it can be explained to anyone with the right words. I think the problem lies in how they interpret it in the first place. There's like a barrier there that you have to get through first. Sometimes that barrier is constantly trying to transform thought into language (not being a very good visual thinker), or because someone's speaking in shitty metaphors and doesn't consider whether the other person understands it.

>>70481196
>the average 4chan feels person has a lot of self awareness but not the ability to actually do/change anything
Definitely this. Being able to do and cange something about it is easy, the real difficulty is getting yourself to actually understand it. That's why some people resort to drugs to force them to focus on those thoughts lingering in the back of their mind, or to actually see why they respond to a certain situation emotionally, or to even think better.

I think it's a learning problem rather than a genetic problem. Just needs a bit of a push is all.

>>70481133
That's kinda sad that you immediately think of fedoras bragging to people. Can't you see where this is different, bud? :/
>>
>>70481196
Well, humans are animals of habits. If you get raised by a single mom in a dont make any efforts society it will be very hard for you to change later on, even if you are intelligent and know how to change.
>>
>>70481759
Have you ever tried teaching? It doesn't even matter what you're trying to teach in particular.
Understanding something is about two things, asking yourself the right questions... and finding and understanding the answers.
In my experience many people can't do the former. You can hand them a list of questions and they can find the answers and get some understanding, perhaps enough to solve most problems. But they will remain limited by the questions you've provided.
>>
When I was a teen, I could notice that weed would make me much, *much* stupider after I smoked it. I'd repeat myself in conversation, forget things, come to conclusions much more slowly.

I would tell stoners about this and they'd say "no way man, weed makes you more creative!!" I know that it can effect people differently, but mostly I just think they were too fucking stupid to realize that weed was making them stupider.
>>
>>70481673
I think it's just endurance, and a bit of adrenaline as well. I know exactly what you mean by being able to undo most of the effects of alcohol. Well, the mental effects mainly. I have to put more energy into my thinking than normally, and be more focused on it, in order to hold a large maze of thoughts in my head. It can definitely make you sick too if you're the kind of person where too much movement or energy will make you nauseous, so ideally you'd probably tone it down a bit.

I think it's the same as when you're tired, it's just a different principle because other things are bogging your mind down. You naturally want to feel tired. But I can definitely snap my mind into alertness. Sometimes I'll gradually lose focus and start feeling tired again, especially if I'm doing something that doesn't require me to really put that much thought into anything.

I've heard of a few people who take adderal who can stay focus even when they're not on it. Like they've paid attention enough to know how to focus a bit. It really does need practice, especially if you end up stressing your brain too much. It's such a relief to me these days that I've found out how to relax my mind a bit, because I used to be so tormented back in the day by anxiety.
>>
>>70482259
That is literally the only reason I would smoke.
> tfw can't be just a normie sheep
>>
>>70482214

Maybe that's the difference between intuitively thinking about something. I think its like scraping the surface of something, while truly understand it means diving deep into it.

That's why I like to think visually. I could turn something into a system in my head and then analyze it, separate it into parts and analyze those parts. I think I've always done this at least somewhat, but I've never been in good control of it. It's getting better, and since I've focused on my mind in this way it's certainly helped me solve some of the problems I have. There is still a lot of ways to go, but I think this is such a great help to me and I would've never been able to understand this if it weren't for the help that I've gotten.

TL;DR: Being the observer of your own mind helps. I'm sure you've all heard of this, and that's part of the goal of meditation. Maybe teaching meditation would really be the right thing.

As for me teaching? I'd like to teach, but I don't know if I wan to do it via an institution. A website or a YouTube channel seems more fun and flexible, and I don't know if I want a career of it. It is something to think about though
>>
>>70482259
The reason you get "stupider" on weed is because being stoned brings your waking mind closer to that of a dream state. Think about how "stupid" you are when you're half-asleep, it's basically the same thing when you're stoned.
>>
>>70482259
>I would tell stoners about this and they'd say "no way man, weed makes you more creative!!" I know that it can effect people differently, but mostly I just think they were too fucking stupid to realize that weed was making them stupider.

I hope people don't think this thread's about weed. No judgement if you do, but I just want to reiterate.

Weed obviously slows you down. I think you can push yourself past it and learn to be functional, it's just a matter of not letting your mind get lazy. It won't help with everything, though. I think that's an ability anyone who does any drug should get some practice on. Not that it's something they should do all the time, just something they should be able to do.

This is probably why you have so many people who are able to hold a conversation on pot, thinking creatively, and having those famed philosophical bruh discussions you hear so much about.

So it's just a matter of how the person responds to it mentally.

>creativity

I'm very confident it makes people more creativity. Whether they're actually good at what they do or even able to tap into their creative side is another matter. This is why I consider it such a creative drug, rather than something you should take so you can reach such a state of alert and awareness.

Drugs are confusing as hell, because there's a lot of impulses going on and some people pick different ones. They get absorbed in thought, they get absorbed in art, they get absorbed in just feeling high and forget to be people, stuff like that.

And with the super mega strains coming out, I don't even know what to think about it. Imagine the equivalent of a guy sipping whiskey, except with pot. Portable vapes and one-hitters could probably be it. I'd like to see cheaper and weaker weed on dispensary shelves as an alternative for people who don't want to numb themselves too much. What do you think? I'm not judging those who smoke harsh strains, but can we start encouraging moderation?
>>
>>70482825
I'm also a visual thinker, to gain more understanding of something I usually need to find a way to visually organize it inside my head.

It's pretty common knowledge that the brain operates as a muscle and the more you think the better you get at it. But how to make people think in this way?

By teaching I meant one on one teaching, where you can see the reactions of the student, sense how much he of what you're saying he understands and try to see why he doesn't understand the other parts. Didn't mean it as a career, just privet lessons while in studying in high-school or for a degree.
>>
I believe people there is a very VERY ancient human church that operates under the notion that "the devil is god in disguise", so they do horrible things in order to teach important facts about life that can't be taught without experiencing them. They get you to sense something, so you then can recognize it when you sense it again.

I think more of the "random bizarre power-emasculated" life we live is in fact an initiation program for being permited to be free.

Basically, you have to, by your own will, take the chains aways and get the fuck out of the cell. The door is open, the chains are unlocked, but you need to show you have this initiative before being allowed into the "real" world.

Again, their way of doing this is promoting all kind of degeneration, vices, crimes and horrible things.

The lessons, again, can't be verbalized, they can only be perceived, they are "the ineffable concepts of what a sane human life feels like"

If after 80+ years you still haven't gotten out, the poisons they have been feeding you your entire life kill you off.

In actuality we are all immortal.
>>
>>70483434
I think it gives you the same kinds of feelings you get in your dreams, even to the point where you have memories of dreams you wouldn't normally have. Even to the point of remembering those false memories you have in dreams. ( you know what I mean, remembering things while you're dreaming that didn't actually happen in real life?)

I seriously would love to learn more about that because it fascinates the fuck out of me. Like what is going on there?

I wouldn't say you get stupid because of a dream state. I think it's the same as if you're drunk or really tired, you naturally want to feel a certain way. People getting high aren't always "fighting" it, so they just sink in to that nice mellow high state. (I don't like using the word 'fighting' it but I think you know what I mean)
>>
>>70483647
I would love to privately help someone in that way. I'd especially want to help autistic people. There's quite a few of them who has vouched for this kind of thinking and meditation. A lot of them have some pretty great brains that they could use to their benefit. Those who do are probably why you have some autists doing very well successfully (not that the goal should be financial success, but I do think that these are autists with better control over themselves than others).
>>
File: 1443951997398.jpg (127 KB, 718x957) Image search: [Google]
1443951997398.jpg
127 KB, 718x957
You are now reading my blog.

I can sort of relate. I've come to the conclusion that my best bud that I grew up with is just a dummy, and that's not really going to change.

He's a good dude, has his moments, and is very sweet (also a huge bluepilled beta cuck, but I digress), but over the past three or so years we just haven't been able to connect on a level that we use to. I guess I "grew up" so to speak, and he's still the same dude he was when he was fifteen.

Feels bad man. HIgh IQ is a blessing and a curse in a world dummies. I sort of have to filter out half my personality at work (and with the aftermentioned friend).

Anyway, my blog is done. I've incluced a hot pic as a token of my appreciation. Felt get to get that off my chest.
>>
File: 1458497239359.jpg (70 KB, 500x671) Image search: [Google]
1458497239359.jpg
70 KB, 500x671
take this shit else where fuckers this has nothing to do with politics
>>
>>70484500
my dick is confused
>>
>>70478773
They were taught not to think.
>>
>>70484064
Wouldn't that be nice if that were the case. If that that was a stage in development that we needed to reach before the great mommy takes us to the real world. (I wanted to word it like this, not hating your theory)

I think everyone's minds are being tickled. Music makes them feel certain ways they don't understand, the excitement of certain things makes them feel things they don't understand, and they don't know how to get themselves to feel this way. If they don't know this, they don't even know if they like the thing they're liking or if they were just conditioned to.

That's a problem and it's been written in much better words than I just used, but there it is.

>>70484500

I kinda understand your sentiment, although I don't really think about what it means to "grow up" or involve myself in IQs. It sucks to lose a friend. Sometimes it's just hard to get someone to see the page you are on in life, and sometimes it's just not even worth the effort because you have to focus on your own life. For example, I'd like to help others, but I've also spent a lot of my life fixing my own problems and I'm still doing that. Trying to get someone to be on the same page can be too much work on top of all that. Sometimes people just aren't compatible anymore, and it really sucks but maybe you two could end up being just acquaintances or find a nice compromise. If you two had a nonjudgemental relationship it probably could help, but you two aren't compatible.

I hope the breakup doesn't hurt, but it sounds like there's a breakup going on if it hasn't happened already. :'( Fuck man. Also nice milf

>>70484508
Speaking about society and ideologies as a whole is pretty damn politically related, especially since it's a heavy focus on society. Sorry.
>>
>>70478773
I have noticed people are always desperate to remain superior to other people.
Therefore instead of challenging themselves and looking inward they find a way to quickly rationalise any belief they dont already hold is wrong or stupid.

So I think people tend to spend most of their intellectual effort rationalising the outside world to fit their internal models
>>
>>70484569
Shit I don't even feel like there's been much of a focus at all on the act of thinking in general. We're pretty indirect at teaching it. We're also indirect at solving it, which is why we give adderal to people to force them to focus. Sure, some people can take that, feel their focus, and actually learn to do it themselves, but there's a lot who can't and who actually turn into zombies when they're off it because they just can't do it on their own.
>>
>>70478773
Damn man this is some deep shit. But I too have been thinking about this
>>
>>70485335
A lot of people have been thinking like this. Almost makes me think of a cultural shift happening, but that's a pipe dream :(

>>70485299
This. Rationalizing yourself is one of the best things you can do if you want to know what you truly want to do.

Quality Aussie post btw
>>
>>70484135
>I seriously would love to learn more about that because it fascinates the fuck out of me. Like what is going on there?

To put it as simply as possible; crosstalk.
>>
>>70485648

That makes sense. The brain is noisy as fuck after all, even to a sober person. I guess it's good that I'm noticing the fake memories, because I don't think I paid that much attention to noise in other parts of my brain in the past.
>>
>>70485162
I would say that tastes are not fixated but are actually contextual and work in groups, i don't think that using an ass to sell you a men's magazine is what im talking about. I think that's just very cheap, the human being has the ability to recognize he is being exploited.

However i do think all evils and vices are here purposedly to teach us things that can't be taught with words.

Lets take Drinking.

Drinking doesn't kill inhibitions, drinking fucks reflexes, drinking is like lowering life's resolution.
It takes inhibitions away because you literally aren't able to perceive the things you perceive sober and inhibite you.

This is life 101, your perception != whats really going on; and you don't realize you have your perception fucked until its already too late, until the whole world turns into a nauseating haze and you are puking your guts out.

I believe this is the reason drinking is not banned, they want us to experience a perception shift. Most idiots never give a thought into it and just use it like a magic potion for desinhibition, which ends up in them being complete unaware assholes.

Smoking is similar, smoking is a death wish, it has literally 0 use other than killing yourself. You never know why you start smoking, but you always know why you stop.

Its like they propose these games to us, and we play them and suddenly discover something new about our nature as a specie, something that maybe you have read 100000000 times but until you feel it you don't understand the actual depth of the words and it doesn't have the life-changing meaning that such pieces of knowledge should have.
>>
>>70487176
It's all about getting to the root of what's actually going on. Someone who drinks and is passive as fuck about it is not even going to have the word "perspective" in his mind. Someone who's actively trying to pay attention to their own mind will. We have all these things around us that are huge perspective shifts if we took the time to focus on it.

It seems like all the good in humanity happens on accident. People reach enlightenment or open their mind on accident. Even having alcohol in our society seems like an accident we can't control, it's not very effective to try and ban it.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.