[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/csg/ - Christian General: Revival Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: 1465208709769.jpg (627 KB, 1339x1925) Image search: [Google]
1465208709769.jpg
627 KB, 1339x1925
For all things Christian
Catholics, Orthodox, and Protestants alike are welcome to discuss theology. Try to be polite.

Atheists also welcome, but try to be constructive.

Pastebin for believers and curious folk.

http://pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW
Pastebin for Orthodox
http://pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x

Sunday, June 7, 2016

Good Scenes to watch

>Jesus Anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d-uB0vaoQo
>Jesus of Nazareth Sermon on the Mount:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDCbJ4vnMNg
>Jesus chases Jews out of the Temple
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEtBs6j7QgU
>Jesus gives sight to the Blind....and takes sight from those who can see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY7vamVg99E
>Roman Centurion has more faith than anyone in Israel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNLSBjYDPko

>Ben Hur scenes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVlf7OiiTJE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbt2UUthWg0

>Why Atheists shouldn't discourage Christianity even if they don't believe in it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqQdc0mX1_c

>Thread Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5YEKO04RDI
>>
File: 231123123123.jpg (132 KB, 520x550) Image search: [Google]
231123123123.jpg
132 KB, 520x550
These are usually more successful at night. Yesterday we went through 3 of these in like 4 hours.

Anyways, what denominations do we have here?

Catholic reporting in. :)
>>
File: catholic.png (237 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
catholic.png
237 KB, 480x854
>>76397075
Catholicism breeds single mothers. Unfortunately I think that being told what to do by men has replaced obedience to God. Especially where people are only cultural Christians, i.e. in name only.
>>
I'm catholic ~has its basic things for this, protestant ~because of being of the darbists, and pentecostal or evangelical ~ er ...
>>
File: 1465161459325.png (1 MB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1465161459325.png
1 MB, 640x960
Paedophilia was probably adopted from those homo Greeks several hundred years after Christ.
>>
File: guilt increasing.jpg (420 KB, 1395x579) Image search: [Google]
guilt increasing.jpg
420 KB, 1395x579
I suppose your adherents will defend unsound doctrine, when they simply add another doctrine which states that it's literally impossible to err in anything.
>>
File: Pope-kissing-feet.jpg (160 KB, 700x614) Image search: [Google]
Pope-kissing-feet.jpg
160 KB, 700x614
>>
>>76398152

> hates Jews.

> cites Old Testament without even consulting the New

Why not check out Galatians 3:28?
>>
File: heh.jpg (42 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
42 KB, 850x400
>>76398329
I don't hate Jews. I'm a little confused how you would reach this conclusion, friend.
>>
>>76397994
I'm also an atheist for not accepting anything that is irreal. I'm never unfriendly basically. By nature. But this forces me sometimes to send atheist to hell immediately if they are irreal.
>>
File: idol worship.png (3 MB, 1643x753) Image search: [Google]
idol worship.png
3 MB, 1643x753
Exodus 20:2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

13 Thou shalt not kill.

14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
>>
>>76398510

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14HbU8-PcGg
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (243 KB, 1064x593) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
243 KB, 1064x593
Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

This only means that anyone who is in Jesus Christ is of one spirit, in the church of God.

This doesn't mean that literally everyone on the earth is identical or of one body.

If it did, then there'd be no Canaanites or any of the other cursed pagans who were a thorn in the side of God's people throughout history.
>>
>>76398762

There are no more people who are a thorn in God's side. Jesus himself said that there was more faith in a ROMAN centurion (an occupying force) than in all of Israel. He preached to Samaritan woman at the well. One of the first gentile converts was an Ethiopian eunuch (considered very unclean by the Jewish religion - and by the protestantism of most /pol/ shysters these days.)

The Catholic Church is the Church that blossomed from the blood and water that flowed from Christ. She is His spouse.

Race-baiting folks on /pol/ have sought fit to turn away from her, valuing their own blood more than the blood of Christ. Sad.
>>
>>76398442
> pope is the anti Christ
> world hasn't ended yet
What
>>
Christian reporting in. Anyone feeling like the end times are coming really soon?
>>
File: islam-666.jpg (573 KB, 1082x1176) Image search: [Google]
islam-666.jpg
573 KB, 1082x1176
>>76399101
The Catholic church obviously isn't.

From what I can tell, Protestants have it right in that they follow the Word of God above the Word of men. But the Catholic church has many nice pieces of art in their churches. If we could combine these things it would be awesome. And I really like the Orthodox church services and their traditions of family.

As a 'protestant', I get accused of wanting to destroy God's church, but it's not true. Simply because no one is able to do that. I just see more spiritual fruit in born again Christians who are outside of the Catholic church, than of all the single mothers and idol worshipers IN the church.

>>76399193
Either Luther meant the literal person of his day, or the actual position that popes hold, since they have added doctrine contrary to God's Word, and are in a position of exaltation as God's representative on earth.

I can understand this reasoning, since the anti-Christ's number is 666, which is the same amount of gold talents that Solomon was given, and Solomon was sitting on God's throne over Israel. I believe that this basically means that the anti-Christ will be worshiped on the earth, as representing sitting on God's throne.

The abomination of desolation, I believe will be an idol that will be worshiped, given the ability to speak, which will sit in the temple. People will assume it's God, when it's not. This may or may not be true, so don't take it as a prophecy, I'm just sharing with you a revelation about the number 666.
>>
>>76398510
>Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

So how about this: idolatry is basically NOT a sin.

>1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men
10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Looking a verse further 1 Corinthians 6:11

"I have the right to do anything," you say--but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything"--but I will not be mastered by anything.

Important: Biblical cliches that purely have to do with the communication and relationship between the writer and the receiver of the letter, Biblical book.

Important: look at verse 11. What use is it to look at the Bible at all if the meaning is filtered out?

The writer mentions a number of things here in verse 9 but with that he does not undo Christ's fulfilling of the law. The great commandment doesn't suddenly no longer apply.

Important: if it is about some subjects, it is common in Christianity that people lose their intelligence. What matters is the truth. But if it is about some subjects, this insult could stick to anyone saying it.

None of the things mentioned in 1 Corinthians 6:9 are basically forbidden.
>>
>>76397911
Cringed at that.
>>
>>76399818
>None of the things mentioned in 1 Corinthians 6:9 are basically forbidden.
So I can go out now and get a girlfriend and fornicate with her and then hook up with a tranny?
>>
>>76397075
Thank you OP for your threads. They give me hope for /pol. I hope some of you become saved.

Especially those rich pastebins and links.
>>
>>76399607
I do. Have you watched Chuck Misslers Revelation and End Times series? Seriously good stuff.
>>
File: image_51.jpg (119 KB, 490x750) Image search: [Google]
image_51.jpg
119 KB, 490x750
>>76399669
Jesus appointed Peter as the first pope and said "upon this rock I build my church, and evil shall not prevail against it"
In other words, the Catholic church Peter built as pope cannot fail/become corrupt
That's not to say the leaders won't
Also don't you think it would be strange if Jesus would appoint the anti Christ to build his church that should not fail?
>>
>>76399962
OK, theoretically: if I would say ""yes"" this would mean an insult to me from other Christians. Which I can't do.

That is why this would be the most sane thing:
>>76386072
>>
>>76400545
>if I
And the main thing is that Christianity has a clear problem that can be done something about.
>>
>>76400191
>Jesus appointed Peter as the first pope
Please provide the scripture which says this.

Peter = rock.
Peter is a living person.
God's church is living.
God is building a living church out of living Christians.
Peter was the first.

God never told Peter to go to Rome, wear a silly fish hat, add doctrines, organize a hierarchy, or sit on a throne over His people.

Don't you know that all the apostles considered themselves to be brothers, and they didn't strive to be above one another in ruling over God's people?

If I had to risk my life on a gamble, whether all the apostles had to call Peter 'Father' or not, I'd say no.

Matthew 23:9
And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Matthew 23:8
But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Acts 6:3
Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
>>
File: 1462136224235.jpg (56 KB, 971x694) Image search: [Google]
1462136224235.jpg
56 KB, 971x694
Which sect should I choose if I want to not follow Jew doctrine and want to be as close as possible to the word of God as written in the New Testament?
And, which version of the New Testament should I read?
I grew tired of soul crushingly empty atheism.
>>
File: Dóm sv. Alžbety 3.jpg (68 KB, 649x433) Image search: [Google]
Dóm sv. Alžbety 3.jpg
68 KB, 649x433
post pretty churches from your country
>>
>>76400721
Stop being retarded, Jesus was obviously making a reference to the rock and sand parable

Matthew 18:16

Jesus entrusted the building of his church to Peter, Peter built the church and all is traditions
>>
>>76401052
>>
>>76400749
If you read Hebrew just use the Hebrew bible, if not use the KJV.

If you like the big services with all the priests and singing, try the Orthodox churches in your area. I bet there are many beautiful churches in Israel.

But being a Christian is walking with God though, it's a learning experience. If you honestly believe that Jesus is the Son of God and came to take away your sins so that you might live, then call out to Him, ask God to send Him in to your life. If you aren't sure, just pray to God and ask Him to tell you. Believe that He wants you to know. Don't doubt God.

Get baptized and learn wherever you can. There's millions of Youtube videos and countless books. If you have a passing familiarity with Judaic religion, you will probably get a lot out of these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbLD38QbgYA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0nMg1mEfYc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr6xcdzRrOc
>>
File: 1464644305194.jpg (132 KB, 1024x805) Image search: [Google]
1464644305194.jpg
132 KB, 1024x805
>>76400749
Roman Catholicism.

It was the sect founded in 33 AD by Lord Jesus after the Jews killed him for spreading his ministry.

>not follow Jew doctrine and want to be as close as possible to the word of God as written in the New Testament
Out of all the Christian denominations, the Jews hate Catholics the most. So there's some food for thought as to which sect goes against the Jewish doctrine the most.
>>
File: bazilika sv_ Mikulasa Trnava.jpg (203 KB, 900x641) Image search: [Google]
bazilika sv_ Mikulasa Trnava.jpg
203 KB, 900x641
>>76401052
>>
>>76401080
Oops, it was 16:18
>>
File: sv martin.jpg (193 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
sv martin.jpg
193 KB, 1280x960
>>76401052
-
>>
File: presov 1.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
presov 1.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>76401052
>>
>>76401080
>Jesus was obviously making a reference to the rock and sand parable
Yes, I believe this to also be true.

But don't we build churches out of bricks and stones?

If you understand that living Christians are living bricks in God's church, this scripture makes more sense.

Matthew 21:42
Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

When you look at the top of a church, what do you find? A cross.

The people who rejected Him don't want that there. I kind of see the 'builders' as the freemason types, who have a perverse secretive religion going on, they deny Christ. He has been made the highest in heaven, as His inheritance.
>>
File: Zilina-Marianske_namestie2.jpg (96 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Zilina-Marianske_namestie2.jpg
96 KB, 640x480
>>76401052
_
>>
Guys, it disturbs me how much sin is in the world. Just came from /b/ and even /r9k/ and people are sharing secrets and stuff. Pedophilia and sexual immorality and the like.

I know we've all sinned, but it bothers me how frequent and widespread general degeneracy is. If anything this makes me wanna repent and get right.
>>
>>76401383
That's good.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

God is so good.
>>
File: presov 2.jpg (60 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
presov 2.jpg
60 KB, 800x600
church posting
best posting
>>
I'm going to tell you the tale.

Been coming here everyday warning about the lie of jesus, I have requested evidence from their alleged declartions of ability to do miracles, none have been done.

I've said I have an evil spirit, it hasn't been plucked off me. Seems like they are unable.

There is only one name that has listened to my plea of asking for salvation.
I asked this name to save me, instantly I felt received and assured salvation, it's a feeling in your being, you simply feel it, it is a sensation.

Since the beginning when I started asking for help, I was the only seeker of salvation that seemed to be hated by the world.

Since the moment I accepted my new god and saviour, I am even more hated. I get chased off places.

All hate me for his names sake.

This is how I asked to be saved: Save me Satan.
>>
File: 1463062185383.jpg (45 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1463062185383.jpg
45 KB, 409x409
>>76397807

Orthodox
>>
File: bardejov.jpg (1 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
bardejov.jpg
1 MB, 3072x2304
>>
>>76397911
Cultural Catholics/Christians are essentially atheists. They know nothing about their faith nor do they care. Most cultural Christians have never set foot in a church, or if they do it's only for major holidays.

The truth is most Catholic women are great wife material.

>>76398039
That statue isn't even on a church. Looks like a Roman museum when you reverse search the pic.

>>76398291
Stale meme. You lot post this about 5 times a day in /csg/ threads.

>>76398442
>pope is the antichrist
>Luther is a literal degenerate that fornicates with a cloistered nun

>>76398510
>idol worship
Have you never asked a friend for their prayers? This is what happens when we ask the saints for their intercession.
>>
>we now have constant theological shitposting boards

Sweet.

Biggest enemy of Christianity is other Christians.
>>
File: 1465075374813.jpg (83 KB, 599x825) Image search: [Google]
1465075374813.jpg
83 KB, 599x825
>>76401383
Today's world encourages hedonism like never before. It allows people to lose track of what's important.
>>
>>76401694
The churches you post are beautiful. I'd love to attend mass in a countryside village.
>>
File: big_deb1.jpg (139 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
big_deb1.jpg
139 KB, 800x600
>>76401625
i've been there

this church was built without use of nails, really like so small churches, they have god tier atmosphere
>>
>>76397075
What's this doing in a politics board?

Wasn't /his/ made exactly for threads like these? Or did they kick you out?
>>
Says Catholics, Orthodox and Protestants alike are welcome...

Are LDS welcome here? I mean, Jesus Christ is innnnnnnn the title and all...

And we got some swanky scripture too.

"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

Don't hate. I'm not a weirdo (at least, I don't think I am...? O.o)
>>
>>76401812
These threads are usually nice until the protestants come in and start calling everyone pagans, satan and asserting their denominations as the only Biblical ones.

It's disgusting.

>>>76401646
>invaded by the demons of satan
>asking satan for help
I've told you many times before, anon, you should go to a church. A priest will be able to help you with your demonic possessions (if they're real).
>>
>>76401812
Christianity has begun to eat itself from inside due to splintering so much. Christians looking for answers to their decline often blame others when they can't see how much infighting has destroyed them as a unified faith.
>>
>>76401125
>>76401128
Thank you both.
>>
>>76401383
>all sinned
Being a Christian this is no longer valid because the common spiritual house does this:>>76399818

The others there maybe...

Im not all about this in a way but sex is very dynamically central as a subject for other things or a kind of culture in Christianity.
>>
>>76402189
I've just taken to reading the Bible my self. Really not point in not doing so these days. We all have free access to the hebrew, greek and aramaic ourselves.
>>
>>76402197
Blue Letter Bible and Bible Sword for electronic purposes.
>>
>>76402140
All brothers/sisters in Christ are welcome. :)

>>76402101
>nigdy nie zostanę księdzem w takiej małej parafii
>>
>>76402189
I'm only criticizing the Catholic church (and to a lesser extent orthodox) to say
>hey look, you know that guy who claims to be infallible kissing feet and shit? maybe you ought to listen to and put your faith in God instead

God already told us there will be a falling away in faith anyway. It shouldn't come as a surprise.
>>
>>76402273
Just ignoring this: become double duped. Or even triple Or quadriple.

sin: being against it without reason
sin: misinforming others
>>
>>76402197
No problem.

Best of luck to you and God bless.
>>
>>76402497
I don't have supernatural above normal understandings of what is right or wrong. So also: it is not that someone is saying anything.
>>
Does anyone else think it's really disrespectful for churches to do that christian rock crap in place of actual hymns?
>>
>Orthodoxy is pure Christianity

>Southern American Protestants are garbage

Prove me wrong.
>>
File: 1465106065730.jpg (1 MB, 2081x2775) Image search: [Google]
1465106065730.jpg
1 MB, 2081x2775
>>76402189
1 Timothy 4:1

>Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons.
>>
>>76402486
That's the problem. By dividing yourselves (Protestantism) you weaken your faith. Disagree with the people splintering off? Splinter off yourself! Eventually every other christian except for you is going to hell because you know you've got the right interpretation, and when that happens Christianity doesn't really exist as a single faith.
>>
>>76402486
The Catholic church is the falling away.
>>
File: 1465257173300.jpg (122 KB, 510x755) Image search: [Google]
1465257173300.jpg
122 KB, 510x755
>>76397075
>Try to be polite.
>>
>>76402698
1 John 4:20 [ Obedience by Faith ] If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
>>
>>76402718
Yes, teachings of satan from Babylon regarding the worship of the Queen of Heaven.
>>
File: d63.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
d63.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>76402838
>original church
>falling away
>>
>>76402464
Thank you, that's nice to hear. Members of the LDS church get so much flak so much of the time, particularly on christian boards. Even though we are, like most other denominations, dictionary definition christians.

Want to speak Bible? We speak and expound the Holy Bible just as much as everyone else.
>>
>>76402726
Every man answers to God. No man hides behind another.

No church ever saved anyone.

No church ever will.
>>
>>76401383
>Being this newfag
>>
>>76402682

I think it's shitty but there's technically nothing wrong with it. It's still prayer just in a different form.
>>
>>76403018
>300 years later.
>original

The claims of the Catholic church are all false. Every single one of them.
>>
>>76402964

Refer to this post: >>76402163 You protestants always employ the same name-calling tactics.
>>
>>76403080
Nope, you're a cultist and you're either following Satan voluntarily or have not yet read the CES letter.
>>
>>76402197
I also highly recommend looking at messianic Christianity on Youtube. It's really interesting and the teachers are often good at making sense of the O.T. so it's more Jew-friendly.

May God bless you and speak to your heart.

>>76402682
No. Look at Christian concerts and speakers on stage, the Holy Spirit gets poured out on them all. Just because people use guitars and drums instead of harps and choirs, doesn't mean God doesn't love their worship.

>>76402726
I understand what you're saying, but we are to help each other. If you honestly think the pope is infallible and I'm doing the wrong thing by pointing out these things, then fair enough. God's church will never perish, and even if I was preaching evil or shaking people's faith, do you think God would allow those people to be taken away from Him? Never. God uses good, and uses other people's evil for good. He would simply use any bad thing to bless people and reinforce their faith. He promise His church will stand, and no matter what anyone says, it will always be true.

Next time you see 10,000 protestants singing and praising God with tears in their eyes as they feel the Holy Spirit, just ask yourself why God would do that to those people if they were damned to hell for not being in the pope's church.

Why would the Jews want to kill Him? He told them that they put their own doctrines above His, and they didn't like it. I try to help people by giving His Word, and I get rejected for it too. But God will repay everyone according to their work, good or bad.
>>
>>76403086
Never has that been the intent. We are saved in Christ, because He atoned for our sins on the cross and at Gethsemane.

The purpose of a church is [supposed to be] for people who wish to follow Christ to gather, and to help and to serve one another.
>>
File: 1451848022532.jpg (208 KB, 736x935) Image search: [Google]
1451848022532.jpg
208 KB, 736x935
Are any of you guys actually involved in your church? Or in small groups/Bible studies?
How do you like it?
>>
>>76399607
Seems like something that could happen within the next ten or so years. Watch this space, anon.
>>
>>76403270
I really wasn't ever a proper Jew and I might have a problem obeying the rules of the old covenant. I want to convert to disconnect myself from all of this.
But thank you, I'll still look into it at least for the sake of educating myself, and God bless you too.
>>76402436
Thank you.
>>
>>76401080
Are there any Christian writers/Church Fathers from before 400AD who interpret Matthew 16:18 to mean the primacy of the Bishop of Rome?
>>
>>76403503

Most of the members of our church[es] are called to serve in some capacity. The clergy is made up of the members in entirety. I regularly administer sacrament ordinances among other things. I will have more responsibilities as time goes by, but at the moment that is my task at hand, and to prepare for my mission. For now, I administer the sacrament, attend priesthood quorum meetings and discussions and Sunday School lessons.
>>
>>76401383
Romans 12:2 bruh
>>
>>76403171
When you belong to a satanic pedophilia organization, expect people to call you out on it.
>>
>>76403499
So, you have no idea what salvation is, or chose not to express it.

Other things you would not understand by that post are the meanings of "atonement" and the place of the crucifixion.
>>
>>76403664
No Temple.
No High Priest.
No animal sacrifices.
No Passover properly kept in Jerusalem.

No shit you're not a Jew. Nobody is. All you have now is your genetic heritage.
>>
>>76402464
ja akurat naprawdę rozważam pójscie do kleru, może zostanę misjonarzem, ale nie do jakiegos ubongo tylko moze nie wiem, do kazachstanu albo na ukraine, fajnie by bylo
>>
>>76403143
St. Peter founded the Catholic Church in 33 AD upon the order of our Lord.

>>76403080
No problem. :) What are their reasons for hating you so much, anyways? You guys seem like a nice denomination.
>>
>>76401383

new fag or bait
>>
>>76401080

Another lie of the catholic church. One of thousands.

Petros is not the petra.

The foundation of the real church, not the church of Peter, is all the prophets and all the apostles, with Jesus as its head.
>>
Instead of fighting amongst one another, we should be focussed on spreading the Word to other /pol/iticians. This infighting would no doubt be offputting to curious non-Christian visitors in these threads.
>>
>>76404181
Bullshit.

All of the prophets and all of the apostles are the foundation of the real church.

Ephesians 2
Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the

foundation of the apostles and prophets,

Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

Catholics have no part in the Kingdom of God until they repent, and place their faith in the risen Christ Jesus.

At which point they cease being Catholics and become Christians.
>>
>>76401646
>This is how I asked to be saved: Save me Satan.

Sometimes hate can be more powerfull then love because it is easier
>>
>>76403664
Messianic Christianity isn't to allow people to be separate Jews, it's Christianity which tries to help people be more like early Christians. It's 'Hebrew roots'. For example when the apostles were going out in the world, there wasn't any new testament, they just all knew the torah and had found grace i.e. had the curse of the law (death) taken away.

And we are told not to be Jewish or under the law. For example a person who isn't circumcised who becomes a Christian doesn't have to be circumcised. God wants a separate holy people for Himself, like in the Israelites, but considering how many Israelites were killed and sinning, we are to learn that a circumcision in the flesh doesn't make people belong to Him, it's a circumcision in the heart which counts.

These things probably won't make sense until you've been a Christian for a while.

The link between O.T. and N.T. is really rich and interesting. I especially enjoy the tabernacle mystery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YydUPrqQ-o
>>
>>76404312
I have no idea which denomination to choose because of it.
>>
>>76404312
Catholics tell the lost to join the Catholic church, and they are thus twice as damned as before.

Orthodox tell the lost to join the Orthodox church, and they are thus twice as damned as before.

No thanks. I'll continue posting about Jesus, and Him alone.
>>
>>76401646
Yes, and he made you a gibbering madman.
>>
File: 0824140620~2.jpg (714 KB, 2066x1630) Image search: [Google]
0824140620~2.jpg
714 KB, 2066x1630
I've never gone to a church once in my life. I've been thinking about going and checking out some kind of service. I don't believe in the god thing, but I respect some of the teachings and think its good for society.

How would I go about going to a church?
>>
File: 666.jpg (126 KB, 1218x632) Image search: [Google]
666.jpg
126 KB, 1218x632
>>76399669
Yes Hamas not Israel good Goy.

p.s. Romans killed your nigger non Messi ahh,a,a
>>
>>76404412
Catholicism, Orthodoxy, and Christianity are not denominations.

They're three almost independent entities. I say almost because there are slivers of overlap with immature Christians in both of those worldly systems who lack the maturity to leave.
>>
>>76404092
According to LDS beliefs based on the New Testament, Jesus Christ's Atonement was performed in Gethsemane, where he took upon himself the sins of the world. Literally, every pain, every sorrow that we would face as punishment for our sins without his atonement was placed on his back, and that is why if we repent, follow him and his example, our sins are forgiven us and we will be saved.

His death on the cross and his subsequent resurrection, as is our belief, was to overcome physical death for mankind. The Atonement at Gethsemane overcame spiritual death for mankind.
>>
>>76404546
hop on mormon.org and put your zip code into the ward locator. it'll show you the nearest meeting houses for sunday worship and what time they start.
>>
>>76404546
If it's a Protestant church, just sit in the back (or wherever) and listen and sing along if you feel so inclined. If it's a Catholic or Orthodox church, read up beforehand on the liturgy, or ask someone to help you there about it. There's some kneeling, standing, etc involved and you probably don't want to stand out. Also, Catholics would prefer it if you don't have Communion with them until you're a legit Catholic, so don't go and have the wine and bread, just as the priest for a blessing.
>>
>>76404999
ask the priest*
>>
>>76404588
So, you haven't read the CES letter yet that exposes your entire belief system as a stolen lie.

kek

Read it.
>>
>>76404588
So, you're following a different gospel revealed to a man by an angel, eh?

Galatians 1:8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

ACCURSED.
>>
>>76403503
I attend services every week and I'm in the Bible study at another parish (more people my age).

It's great. I meet a lot of young Catholics that I otherwise would never know and I'm eyeing a girl that I might ask out. Give it a try, anon.

Since there's a lot of Catholic churches around here, I have a lot to choose from. :)
>>
>go to /x/
>hope to learn about polytheism or just other beliefs in general
>demon/angel summoning
>Egyptian god namefags
>Christian trolling
>Divination and tarot shit
>edgy art posed as Satanic
Uhh.

Enlighten me. All I believe is in one God. I don't believe in prophecies and I don't believe in heaven or hell. Just God.

I also doubt that God would want to, has or ever will interfere with this world in its complete form (basically "father" of the trinity), since that would be extreme experimenter bias.
>>
>>76405218
Then you don't believe in God, you just made up your own God.
>>
File: 1364083519915.png (257 KB, 984x728) Image search: [Google]
1364083519915.png
257 KB, 984x728
>>76397075
>>
>>76405218

Sounds like einsteins god
>>
File: 1465105008749.png (1 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465105008749.png
1 MB, 1440x1080
>>76405218
>Just God
Pray to Him. Ask the question. Ask if the bible is true. Ask if Lord Jesus is really His Son.

What's the worse that could happen? Give you the answer?

If you don't, how can you ever know?

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
>>
>>76398152
>"family oriented policies"
>not mentioning the noncuked(catholic) french who make 2 to 4 children.
>not mentioning the pro abortion and pro gay government

This pope is such a cuck, the only ethnic french who make babies are either the catholics or the culturally catholics, the atheists don't make babies at all, or 1.
>>
>>76405567
>not mentioning the noncuked(catholic) french who make 2 to 4 children
Doesn't matter how many children you have, if you leave them with a smart phone and an internet connection in their room at 11 years old, and let them go out at 10pm in a miniskirt and makeup shagging Tyrone.

That's one of the reasons I don't want children, if they rebel against God and good counsel, it would just vex me to no end. Also beating children to correct them is illegal. If I can't raise a biblical family, I don't want to have children.
>>
File: 4234234234234.jpg (145 KB, 429x511) Image search: [Google]
4234234234234.jpg
145 KB, 429x511
>>76404179
dzisiaj to każdy ksiądz w swojej diecezji jest misjonarzem

jestem w amerykańskim seminarium ale zawsze chciałem być księdzem w polsce :/
>>
>>76403824
Pretty much all of them. I am on my phone. Damn windows decided to update to botnet 10 while I was taking a power nap
>>
>>76406112
So, none of them.
>>
>>76405344
I get this a lot, it feels way more like an atheism trolling. Reading some of your posts, I'd think your faith is more doubtful than mine.

You're very against the Catholic church and quick to yell Satan, or worse, misquote the bible.

>>76405525
Praying to God from my perspective is presuming I already have the answers, I don't. Yelling into the void and asking the world for answers is presuming someone listening has the answers, are you going to let me down? Or are you not of the world?

>>76405496
Whatever the case, the worst outcome if I too many people believe my "made up" God is that they'll have an intense interest in science. What a horrible, horrible thing to subject people to, an intense curiosity of the natural world.
>>
>>76403664
Also try reading a book called Genesis Flood and God Has Spoken. They really helped a lot of Christians where I live in their belief.
>>
File: 3699162219_a982d32111_b.jpg (861 KB, 939x1024) Image search: [Google]
3699162219_a982d32111_b.jpg
861 KB, 939x1024
>>76404546
Just sit in the pew and follow the others (stand, sit kneel, etc). For Catholic churches there's prayer books in the pews you could follow along. Also, when everyone goes up for the Eucharist, don't follow since that's for the baptized. :) If you like it, you could talk to the priest about getting baptized.

I'm sure it's similar for Protestant services, except the Eucharist part.

God bless and good luck.
>>
>>76404211
>still using this meme
How many times will I have to refute it? Petros and Petra are the same thing. If Jesus wanted to express a different size in rocks he would have used "lithos" as a second word. In koinè Greek there is not even a difference between Petros and Petra in the language in general
>>
>>76406258
I never misquote the bible.

I do hate the Whore of Babylon, because she has deceived billions of people into hellfire.
>>
>>
>>76402140
Get out, heretic.
>>
>>76406248
I will post some quotes when I can use my laptop again
>>
File: lady of sorrows.jpg (180 KB, 800x1065) Image search: [Google]
lady of sorrows.jpg
180 KB, 800x1065
>>
>>76406384
Nope.

If Jesus wanted to make Peter the foundation of the church, He would have said so.

"I shall name you Peter, and upon you, Peter, will I build my church."

--Things Jesus never said.

Things that are actually in the bible about the foundation of the real church:

Ephesians 2
Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.
>>
>>76406515
God loves Catholics. He knows the people who call on His name for salvation.

God is not the type of person to cast someone in to hell just because their understanding isn't perfect.
>>
>>76406613
Seriously, don't bother. Nobody cares about your Mother Earth cult, or the people who started it.
>>
File: g-0601.jpg (63 KB, 467x652) Image search: [Google]
g-0601.jpg
63 KB, 467x652
>>
>>76406619
But of course. Jesus, being God, is the Man of Sorrows, so His mother, being God, must be the Lady of Sorrows.

It's totally not idolatry at all!
>>
>>76406679
God hates the ways and beliefs of the Nicolaitans.

Catholics are Nicolaitans.

He told them to leave the Whore, or suffer her fate.
>>
>>76406747
Daily Reminder that all Marian apparitions are really just demons.
>>
>>76402140
You should look up th LDS guy who launched himself into a crusade against the Catholic Church in the 1940s, until then Virgin Mary appeared to him and his two children and he converted to Catholicism
>>
>>76406780
>calling mary lady of sorrows means i think mary is god
?
>>
>>76406721
Do not be afraid of truth anon. Just embrace it
>>
>>76406679
I'm a Fundimentalist and I understand this. I believe there are a lot of people in all denominations that are true believers. That isn't to say that from every corner of the world there aren't bad Churches that lead people astray but that there are strong individuals who are faithful in Jesus Christ and not a building or an organization.
>>
>>76406864
Amen.
>>
is it an unchristian thing to do to deport all gypsies?
give verse plox
>>
>>76401383
Get away from those boards, the more time you get used to that the more you will get used to it and will end up doing some kind of stupid shit that will make you feel terrible. Still happens to me, you are less likely to sin if you stay out of temptation.
>>
>>76406869
>>76406864
>>
>>76406934
Jesus is the Man of Sorrows.
Jesus is full of grace.
Jesus is the Seed who crushes the head of the serpent.

Except in Catholicism.

In Catholicism, Mary is the Lady of Sorrows.
Mary is full of grace.
Mary crushes the head of the serpent.

Their bible says so!
>>
>>76407015
By "that" I mean degeneracy, kind of fucked up that sentence.
>>
>>76406817
What little we know about Nicolaitans sounds nothing like Catholicism. Stop spreading shitty easily debunkable lies. I mean, at least come up with better ones
>>
>>76404181
There are lots of reasons... I would imagine that it stems from

a) our belief in a separated Holy Trinity, that the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are One in purpose, but separate personages.

b) our belief in expanded scripture, namely, the Book of Mormon, The Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price.

And all the other stuff, building of Temples, baptism and confirmation of the dead, the establishment of eternal marriage, not using Crosses as symbols for our faith, the belief that Adam's transgression is not answered upon our heads... the list goes on and on.

These are our fundamental beliefs.
http://blog.colinandjeanne.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/articles-of-faith.jpg

>>76405175
Nope. Same gospel.
We just believe that it was also revealed to other ancient peoples, who made an account.
John 10:16.

If you want to disarm us LDS ppls, you gotta study our scripture. No chapter we have teaches of anything but Christ or his teachings.

>>76406869
That happens more often than you'd think. It's funny.

>>76406977
^This, absolutely. There are Christians everywhere who are great believers in Christ. If you follow Him and serve others as he did, you're as good a Christian as any.
>>
>>76406956
I have, and have been walking for decades with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I personally know that salvation exists outside of the Whore of Babylon.

And that none exists within.
>>
>>76407008
https://www.openbible.info/topics/immigration

I dislike the use of the ESV but the point still stands.
>>
>>76407134
Clergy overcoming laity.

Yeah, that sounds nothing like the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church.

>Don't read the bible; we'll tell you what it really means. Trust us. You're too dumb to figure it out on your own.
>>
>>76406817
You're not God, though. Even though Catholics are part of that church, God is not cruel and isn't going to throw away over a billion people just for being called Catholic. There are Catholics in this thread who love God and want to please Him.

God hates sin but loves sinners.

>>76406977
>I believe there are a lot of people in all denominations that are true believers
Amen, this is true. As I said in the beginning of the thread, God's church is living and made out of living Christians. This guy backed up that claim >>76406670. If I'm not mistaken, the apostles are the 12 pillars of New Jerusalem, 4 directions to enter the city, 12 gates. God's church has people from all denominations.

And how silly would it be to judge people as going to hell based on what denomination they are in, since a single word from God can move a person's spirit and change their entire life, and people switch denominations too.
>>
>>76406780
The only defence of protestants is strawmanning as usual and willfully misrepresnting the doctrine of the CC. If you were in the right you would not need to manipulate the facts to convince others of your your reasons. Low energy
>>
>>76406977
I agree
>>
>>76407175
I don't see in the real bible where I need Joe Smith's signature to get into heaven.

Can you point that out for me?

I also don't see where Jesus and Lucifer are brothers in the real bible. Citation?

I also don't see 7 heavens in the real bible. Source?

CES letter.

Read it, or be damned.
>>
>>76407236
>mosaic law
no ty
>>76407113
nah im pretty sure i dont think mary is god, dude
>>
File: 76897979.jpg (228 KB, 500x703) Image search: [Google]
76897979.jpg
228 KB, 500x703
>>76406721
You're a very angry Protestant. I will pray for you, friend. After all, we are brothers in Christ.
>>
>>76407287
I hate what He hates because I am His adopted son.

There are no people whose highest and best identity is "Catholic" who will enter into the Kingdom of God. None.

Billions will be thrown into hell for various reasons.

A big reason will be because they relied on their church to save them.
>>
File: last judgment.jpg (470 KB, 1024x1128) Image search: [Google]
last judgment.jpg
470 KB, 1024x1128
>>
>>76407287
>God's church is living and made out of living Christians.
Yes. This is evidenced by how Peter and Paul talked about Christians as being of one spirit and one body and many members but all worthy of being apart of the whole body.

>>76407395
There are NT quotes as well. God is God. OT or NT though. The teachings in Proverbs and Psalms are still true as yesterday and many prophecies have yet to be fulfilled out of the OT or were fulfilled in recent times.
>>
>>76407273
Hierarchies are divine. In heaven not all angels are the same, and some are closer to God than others. It is in hell that everyone is equal. Egalitarianism was invented by masons in modern times and you use its principles to guide you in your Christianity. Lmao
>>
>>76407506
If all you're trying to say is that if an individual believes more in the Church Organization than they believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and King and their salvation. Yes you're probably right.
>>
>>76406515
Then you're a polytheist.

The whore of Babylon literally is the Babylonian goddess or any Roman goddesses, the deceiving whores are either priestesses in Babylon or the vestal virgins. It's all hidden messages in a world where blasphemy still gets you killed: polytheism is false.

Revelations is a massive attack on everything Roman, especially the emperor. It was a fuck you I won't do what you tell me message, especially after Jesus said give unto Caesar but that we are all the children of God with the next breath.

And the kingdom of heaven? Build it and they will come, Jesus gave a better way and the said everything will be better if we accept it. Just under 2000 years later and we're all living in a Christian cultured society where instant forgiveness is now taken for granted. You can't judge me, you can't say I'm not a special snowflake, weakness positivity and so on.

I don't believe in prophecy or bible infallibility. Especially bible infallibility, that is expecting the bible to have infinite meaning and fulfil every belief.

You'd have to either wilfully reject reason to believe that, or be a troll.
>>
>>76407273
Also that is not a belief of Nicolaitans. What we know for sure is that they allowed more than a wife for everyone. Which is the total opposite of what the CC has always preached
>>
>>76407571
but you know that mosaic law doesn’t apply to us
the nt quotes don’t command us anything
>>
File: 645753756.jpg (85 KB, 580x380) Image search: [Google]
645753756.jpg
85 KB, 580x380
>>76407458
Amen

>>76407506
So a Catholic who goes to church and sings to God and confesses to Him and prays and tries to be a better person and calls on His name to be saved, is going to get thrown in to hell?

Really? You aren't the great judge, and you don't sit on a throne of mercy and you can't see what's inside anyone's heart, except maybe your own.

We can share God's Word with each other, to be strengthened and encouraged, and to teach. But at the end of the day, you're not going to judge anyone in heaven, none of us are.
>>
>>76407636
Hierarchies are biblical but the way they are to present themselves in the Bible is hard to find in the world today. Remember one of the last things Jesus Christ did was wash the Apostles feet and tell them to do the same.

Also in Revelations it speaks of Nicolatians who were clerical in nature and put themselves above other men and made themselves rich. Who Jesus Christs hates.
>>
>>76407179
So according to you, all Catholics (whether good or bad people) will go to hell?
>>
>>76407695

Wilfully rejecting reason makes you unreasonable. It couldn't make you wrong
>>
>>76407823
If you love God. You will do what he has said in the NT. For it is your new covenant.
>>
>>76407395
Do you try to talk to her?
Do you think she hears you?
Do you think she does favors for you?
Do you light candles to her?
Do you have an idol of her?

If yes to any of the above, you worship her as a god.
>>
>>76407458
I'm only brothers in Christ with born again Christians, not demonic papists.
>>
>>76407636
There's nothing divine in the Nicolaitan Catholic church. ffs they still have Jesus on the cross.
>>
>>76407930
I think we have a case of misunderstanding here. I've talked to people like him before. I think what he is trying to say is if they don't believe in Jesus Christ and don't receive the Holy Spirit they will go to hell but I'm not sure. We are to make excuses and be long suffering. Remember that.
>>
>>76407900
That is not what the Bible says about this Nicolaitans. You create a parallel between them and Catholic Church simply because God mentions that he hates them and you hate the Catholic Church. There is literally no correlation neither about what we know in doctrine, nor in what the Bible says, nor in the views of Church Fathers that links the two. You are just spouting cheap internet tinfoil Perrie conspiracies without awareness of what you are talking about
>>
>>76407694
Not more. Instead of. The weakest confession that Jesus is Lord; the weakest belief that God raised Him from the dead, saves a man.

The strongest most bloodthirsty DEUS VULT faith in the Roman Catholic church is a ticket to hell.
>>
>>76407980
yes but i didn’t see a quote that prohobits it from the nt
>>
>>76407368
You don't need it.

Lucifer (which is his original name) was called the Son of the Morning. He was one of the foremost of God's children. But he fell from heaven when he rebelled against God and became Satan. Isaiah 14:12.

There are not seven heavens, this isn't Game of Thrones. There are three degrees of glory in heaven after the resurrection, even described loosely in 1 Corinthians 15:40-42

40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
>>
>>76407695
Nope.

Revelation 17:18 And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth.”

Your definition of the whore of Babylon is not the same as the bible's.

The bible is quite clear.

Rome is Babylon.
Roman Catholicism is Mystery Babylon
The pope is the False Prophet
>>
File: 1465272989564.jpg (15 KB, 255x244) Image search: [Google]
1465272989564.jpg
15 KB, 255x244
>>76408028
>demonic papists
You're delusional, my brother. Only God can judge us.

How old are you, anyways? I can almost guarantee you were raised in the '60s or '70s with that southern Catholic hate.
>>
>>76407695
>I don't believe in prophecy or bible infallibility

That's because you're lost.
>>
>>76408195
>Nicolaitans
From what I remember googling about these people, I think it mentioned them eating meat sacrificed to idols.

Anyone here able to provide further info?
>>
>>76407793
It's literally the definition of the word. Clergy overcoming laity.
>>
>>76408195
>you hate the Catholic Church
I never said I did. I really wish people wouldn't put words in my mouth.
>>76408199
>bloodthirsty DEUS VULT
I think this could be a roadblock to salvation if they had never believed in Christ and were made a new person by Christ before hand but only a black sheep afterhand. Yet still retaining salvation.

>>76407695
You should really do more study of the Bible. It is in the original autographs infallible.
>>
>>76407899
>and calls on His name to be saved,

that makes that person a Christian, not a Catholic.

Catholics are busy praying to Mary to save them.
>>
>>76408378
Not at all. It is not the definition of the word at all. Stop trying to deceive people
>>
>>76407930
Can't say this too many times, I guess.

If your highest and best identity is a Catholic, i.e. a member of the Catholic church, you are in no wise a born again Christian, and you are not going to heaven.
>>
>>76407930

THERE ARE NO GOOD PEOPLE

THERE ARE NO CATHOLICS IN HEAVEN
>>
>>76408373
Church fathers mention them as polygamous and complain that they have no apostolic succession. None of these things connects them to the Catholic Church church. I mean, Aquinas speaks against them, it is ludicrous to say they were the CC. Lmao
>>
>>76408195
The word literally breaks down into niko, victory, and laity, the congregation.

It's literally what the word means.
>>
File: 1465269700126.jpg (242 KB, 700x504) Image search: [Google]
1465269700126.jpg
242 KB, 700x504
>>76408561
>you are not going to heaven.
Only God can judge us.
>>
>>76408275
Nigger please. Read the CES letter, repent, and be saved.

Jesus wasn't a Mormon and you're never going to be a planet.
>>
>>76408327
And God will judge you, with fire from heaven, casting your pope directly into hellfire.
>>
>>76408633
Not according to Christ :333333 anyone who follows his teachings of love, charity and good works in his name is worthy of heaven.
>>
>>76408650
The "church fathers" proceeded the Catholic Church by a long shot and had problems of their own that are easily seen today as non-scriptural beliefs. Such as hating Jews and allegorical beliefs about the Bible.
>>
>>76407978
It obscures God's real message, what is revealed to you in your day to day life either from other humans or from the basic events of your life. That's reason, if not, empiricism, it's yours and it's your personal revelation given to you by God. If you believe meaning only comes from the bible, then what's the point of experiencing your life?

>>76408332
What have I lost? Dogma?

>>76408300
Yes, I literally just said Revelations was about Rome with Babylon imagery used instead because blasphemy would get you killed back then. Sorry that wasn't clearer.

>>76408448
>You should really do more study of the Bible. It is in the original autographs infallible.
I need the bible quote for the bible's own infallibility, if it's before Isaiah (especially if it's Leviticus) I assure it was written by priests with a vested interest in ensuring that the word remains believable, perhaps not even for the people's benefit.

The same thing happened in Hinduism and the Brahmin became the highest caste.

I'm sick of being your prophet, teach me.
>>
>>76408697
"Congregation of victory" literally means something entirely different than "clergy over laity". Not even one same word in these two expressions
>>
>>76408373
Nikos, nike, victory

Laity, congregation, church members

Clergy overcoming laity.
>>
>>76408650
Thank you, brother.

Polygamy? Hmm... to be honest I think I'm torn on this.

On one hand, Adam had Eve. But on the other hand, God would have given King David any number of women that he desired, and his son had 700 wives and 300 girlfriends.

Granted, this caused Solomon to go astray towards the end of his life, but I don't believe that God is against polygamy. It's a matter of convenience, though. If a man and woman are happy together, there's no need for any more.
>>
>>76408448
Again, the most sincere and intense faith in the Roman Catholic church will lead a man into hellfire.
>>
I'm a Honorary Christian .
>>
>>76408817
Go to the pastebin. Stop being lazy and spouting lazy memes and trying to pass it off as intelligent debate.
>>
File: satan.gif (891 KB, 635x344) Image search: [Google]
satan.gif
891 KB, 635x344
>>76408633
>THERE ARE NO CATHOLICS IN HEAVEN
>>
>>76408504
Bugger off. Words mean things.

Nico-, combinatory form of nīko, "victory" in Greek, and laos means people, or more specifically, the laity; hence, the word may be taken to mean "lay conquerors" or "conquerors of the lay people".

Which is EXACTLY what the Roman Catholic hierarchy is.
>>
File: 1465273336560.jpg (54 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1465273336560.jpg
54 KB, 600x400
>>76408813
>casting your pope directly into hellfire
He wouldn't do that to his Earthly representative. :^)

Anyways, instead of "condemning" people to hell, you should start spreading the love and message of Lord Jesus.
>>
>>76408750
And He will, with fire from heaven.
>>
>>76408817
Did not mean to respond to you. I believe you are correct as a Fundimentalist Baptist.

>>76408849
I mean to respond to this guy with this.
>>76409007
>>
>>76401052
>>
>>76408817
Follows His teachings? He taught the Law.

How many people were found righteous under the Law?

Zero.

How righteous do you have to be to enter heaven?

As righteous as God Himself.
>>
>>76409097
"conquerors of the lay people"
So nothing about "clergy over laity", good to know
>>
>>76408849
No, you are lost, unsaved, spiritually dead and headed towards a Lake of Fire.
>>
>>76408854
>>76409097
>>
>>76409203
>How righteous do you have to be to enter heaven?
Matthew 5:20
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
>>
>>76401052
>>
>>76409066
Correct.

You people seem dim.

If your highest and best identity is that you walked into a roman catholic church and became a member, you are going to hell.

You can replace "roman catholic" with literally any other words you want.

Churches don't save people.
>>
>>76409124
Revelation 19:20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.
>>
>>76408759
>thinks mormons think Jesus was a mormon
>thinks mormons think mormons will become planets when they die.

lol. You need to actually read what we believe rather than listening to people who haven't read it either. Then you might be able to actually debate me on what my church teaches. it teaches faith in Jesus Christ and of the process of faith and repentance of his other sheep which were not of his fold.

come on, it's only 531 pages. You can do it.

>>76409161
It's all good, brother.
>>
>>76409211
Yes, the clergy has conquered the lay people. Enslaved them. Kept them ignorant. Told them not to read the bible for themselves; that it is too difficult to understand. Just trust us.

As they lead people into hell.

I like how I collapse literally all of your inane arguments and you still don't want to know the truth.
>>
>>76409327
Yes, and how is that achievable?
>>
>>76409501
It's your idiotic religion dude. You read up on it. You can't have peeled the onion back very far if you don't know your goal is to be an inhabited planet.
>>
>>76409562
>Yes, and how is that achievable?
Well, considering those people murdered God and put the talmud over the living torah, I'd suggest that to be more righteous than a viper would be relatively easy.

Easier said than done, though. Probably to walk faithfully with God and trust in His Word.
>>
>>76408373
All polytheistic ritual is despisable, by true monotheists as blasphemy and by reasoned people as nihilism.

>>76409007
It's beautiful how my word has become meme, even my face is meme. I clearly have believers on /pol/, it's strange I've never seen them post.

>>76409254
I am herebecause a miracle's a whim, it's a flash of glory, it's an empty tin and maybe might lets you. Not to save you, but to keep on looking.

I am the living word, will you accept me or reject me?
>>
>>76409534
>dat fan fiction
Lmao
>>
>>76397075
>Atheists are welcome but try to be constructive
And I was gonna shitpost until I read that... Huh...
>>
>>76409501
I wouldn't recommend anyone waste one second on your accursed cult.

“The inhabitants of the moon are more of a uniform size than the inhabitants of the earth, being about 6 feet in height. They dress very much like the Quaker style and are quite general in style or the one fashion of dress. They live to be very old; coming generally, near a thousand years. This is the description of them as given by Joseph the Seer, and he could ‘See’ whatever he asked the Father in the name of Jesus to see”1

1. The History of Oliver B. Huntington, p. 10, typed copy, Marriott Library, University of Utah
>>
>>76409630
Bernout tier idiocy. Don't bother getting even the most basic facts about something, then make claims about it
>>
>>76409687
Ah, so you have no idea how to be saved; how to obtain a righteousness that exceeds the righteousness of the most devout and holy people to ever walk the planet, but were found wanting.
>>
>>76409710
You just confessed to being an antichrist, and your flag backs up your confession. Why would I accept you?
>>
>>76409382
Then if we, as sinners, unable to attain righteousness equal to that of God, cannot reach Heaven, what was the point of Christ suffering dying for our sins?

>>76409630
I've peeled it far back. I don't think you should be telling me what I believe when what you say is my church's doctrine is not my church's doctrine. Bearing false witness, yo :3
>>
>>76409932
>Ah, so you have no idea how to be saved
You're judging me too. You didn't ask me how to be saved. You asked me how to be more righteous than a Pharisee, and I told you.

However, you can judge whoever you want to. You know the consequences of that, though.
>>
>>76409859
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, known as the Mormons, believes and teaches that God the Father used to be a man on another planet, that he became a God by following the laws and ordinances of that God on that planet and came to this world with his wife (she became a goddess), and that they produce a spirit offspring in heaven. These spirit offspring, which includes Jesus, the devil, and you and me, are all brothers and sisters born in the preexistence. These preexistence spirits come down and inhabit babies at the time of birth, and their memories of the preexistence are lost at the time. Furthermore, faithful Mormons, who pay a full 10% tithe of their income to the Mormon church through Mormon temples, have the potential of becoming gods of their own planets and are then able to start the procedure over again.

The trinity is three separate Gods: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. "That these three are separate individuals, physically distinct from each other, is demonstrated by the accepted records of divine dealings with man," (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 35).

You're a cult member. Get deprogrammed.
>>
>>76409998
>Then if we, as sinners, unable to attain righteousness equal to that of God, cannot reach Heaven, what was the point of Christ suffering dying for our sins?

Indeed. What was the point.

Your cult is not Christian. >>76410180
>>
1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
>>
>>76410020
No, you just denigrated the righteousness of the pharisees.
>>
>>76409978
Because even in the prophecy of Revelations the antichrists and the risen resurrected Christ were said to be difficult to distinguish from each other. You can't prove I am the antochrist any more or less than if I am the risen resurrected Christ.

And if so, I shall fulfil another prophecy and deny any divinity, because the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ is that we are all sons and daughters of God.

Would you like to crucify me for what I said? Or are you content impotently saying curses?
>>
File: 1442986512555.png (211 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1442986512555.png
211 KB, 327x316
>>76409534
>clergy has conquered the lay people. Enslaved them. Kept them ignorant. Told them not to read the bible
>being this ignorant

I hope you realize that the only literate people in those times were the nobles.

Johannes Gutenberg (a Catholic) invented the printing press to make the scriptures more available to everyone.

Before you make a fictional claim, do some research. ;)
>>
>>76409851
lol. That's U of U. That ain't no bastion of accurate LDS doctrine, my friend. How many people do you think have said things like that about the Pope, for instance?

"I have heard most credible evidence that the pope, does in fact, have a cloud of pink smoke in his brain that speaks the word of God to him through his nose hairs".

Anyone can write anything about anyone else. Doesn't make it gospel.

Read the doctrine rather than accounts from fallible individuals who probably wrote it for the same reasons 4chan exists ;P
>>
>>76410316
There are, and have been, many antichrists. There is only one Antichrist.

I can prove you are not the Antichrist by simply noting that the Antichrist is not revealed until he desecrates the Temple in Jerusalem, which is not yet built.

Nor would anyone call a Strayan "successful" at anything.
>>
>>76410340
>Johannes Gutenberg (a Catholic) invented the printing press to make the scriptures more available to everyone.

Tyndale became chaplain at the home of Sir John Walsh at Little Sodbury and tutor to his children around 1521. His opinions proved controversial to fellow clergymen, and the next year he was summoned before John Bell, the Chancellor of the Diocese of Worcester, although no formal charges were laid at the time.[16] After the harsh meeting with Bell and other church leaders, and near the end of Tyndale's time at Little Sodbury, John Foxe describes an argument with a "learned" but "blasphemous" clergyman, who had asserted to Tyndale that, "We had better be without God's laws than the Pope's." Tyndale responded: "I defy the Pope, and all his laws; and if God spares my life, ere many years, I will cause the boy that driveth the plow to know more of the Scriptures than thou dost!"
>>
>>76410440
>"I have heard most credible evidence that the pope, does in fact, have a cloud of pink smoke in his brain that speaks the word of God to him through his nose hairs".

[Citation]
>>
>>76410456
>There are, and have been, many antichrists. There is only one Antichrist
This is a contradiction.

What you mean to say is many people have had the anti-Christ spirit, but there is only 1 anti-Christ prophesied in the bible.
>>
I'm an Orthodox Jew, can I be part of the discussion?
>>
>>76410633
Nope.

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.
>>
>>76410700
You just said
>there is only 1 antichrist
>there are many antichrists

These things are not consistent. Do you understand? Yes/No?
>>
Daily reminder that only Protestants support trump. Real Christians support Sanders.
>>
>>76410555
>a 16th century lunatic from the countryside proves your point

At this point you're grasping for straws, man. Just admit defeat.
>>
>>76410830
nice proxy
>>
1 John 4:3
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
>>
>>76410674
Yes. I see you in these threads every time.
>>
>>76410790
I said there are many antichrists, but there is only one Antichrist.
>>
File: Mormon Underwear.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Mormon Underwear.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
>>76404786
go away Glen
>>
File: 900.jpg (275 KB, 1193x702) Image search: [Google]
900.jpg
275 KB, 1193x702
>>76410674
>I'm an Orthodox Jew
Well that won't work out for you.

>>76410973
>there are many humans
>there is only 1 human

>there are many boats
>there is only 1 boat

>there are many birds
>there is only one bird

Just admit your error and move on.
>>
>>76410867
The Roman Catholic church keeping its members ignorant has been well known and documented for a thousand years.

Literally the first book printed by Gutenberg was a bible, so that the real people could finally read it for themselves.

And to their shock, they found that the papacy had been lying to them all along.
>>
>>76411078
There are many gods, but there is only one God.

Just admit you're a fucking asshole and leave.
>>
File: graced3.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
graced3.png
2 MB, 1366x768
Daily reminder that Mary is sinless
>>
>>76411123
>everyone is a fucking asshole except me
>i'm the only person going to heaven
LOL
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.