[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I WANT THE AMERICAN DREAM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (757 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
757 KB, 2000x3000
So lads I graduate from HVACR school in just two weeks. I plan to work for around 5-8 years in commercial air conditioning, refrigeration, and chillers gaining as much experience and knowledge as possible.

All the while I will be gathering and saving money. My endgame is to be a successful businessman with my own HVAC company. I want a nice house with a huge yard that I can grow vegetables and raise chickens on, and I want a nice boat. (Live in Florida).

So here's my question of sorts. How do you get to "upper middle class"? This line of work I will be taking should net me 40-50k early on, maybe even 70k after a few years. This is the point where most people get satisfied and live out their lives until retirement.

Well not me. Once I get very knowledgable in my trade, and have a good amount of cash saved up, I want to strike out and make some real money. I'm pretty intelligent, and have a good ethic, but I was just wondering what some good avenues could be?

Start up my own HVAC business? From what I have heard this can be risky, and profits vary wildly... But at least I would be working for myself.

How about buying and renting real estate on the side?
>>
File: PATTON.jpg (140 KB, 994x1280) Image search: [Google]
PATTON.jpg
140 KB, 994x1280
>>70353644
It depends. Your best bet would be working for a small private company that specializes in commercial products & doesn't do such broad things as "chillers" "conditioning" but things like Variable frequency drives, air flow monitoring stations, etc, etc. Tight knit communities so once you know everyone and everyone knows you starting a business will be easy. Don't just do service, and don't just sell. Be a middle man that services. In the Midwest I own such a company. We have under 20 employees. We sell VFD's, air flow monitoring equipment, gas detection systems, and wet heat. I pay my eployees roughly $60-90k to be techs, 40-60k to be admins, 50-70k to be inside sales, 70-80k to be outside sales. My outside guys make anywhere from $100-300k & I pull 4 or 5 million a year. I also match each employee 20% of base salary into their SEP account. We always buy our equipment at a discount to beat competitors even when there are no competitors. We sell at a premium price and don't try to hide that, because we sell premium products for a high price and offer the best service for it and always take care of you. We do PM contracts to maintain equipment, calibration contracts for the gas detection systems, startups, retrofits, and trouble shooting. It is very lucrative and if I didn't get in at 10 & leave at 5 or 6 I could easily earn more but as of the past few years I have allowed myself to waste more of my valuable time then I ever would have in years past.
>>
File: God Emperor.gif (1 MB, 294x350) Image search: [Google]
God Emperor.gif
1 MB, 294x350
>>70354843
Whoops forgot to take off my name from the April fools day name generator shenanigans
>>
>>70353644
Here you go Goyim .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGk5ioEXlIM
>>
>>70354843
curious how much money you had when you started your business.
>>
>>70353644
I'll take any dream which she is a part of to be quite honest family.
>>
File: freedom.jpg (242 KB, 542x542) Image search: [Google]
freedom.jpg
242 KB, 542x542
>>70355295
Prior to starting my business 20 years ago. I had all of $300 to my name. Spent my savings on a mobile home since I was tired of renting and pissing money down the drain. Lived in my car for a year a few years prior to that as well. Shared the car with my wife for a few years. Eventually transitioned into a town house (typically a 2 occupant house but can be more) so that my tenant helped me pay my mortgage. You don't need money to start a business and schooling for business is pointless. Either you understand business and it's not necessary or you don't and schooling will not fully teach you. As for the lack of money all you need is a solid business plan. Lenders will lend you money if the plan sounds like it yields a high percentage of returning a profit to them. I attempted college a few times but I just didn't have the discipline. When I first got into the business I worked long & hard to get the train going out of the station, now it is going so fast it's hard for some to keep up with.
>>
>>70353644
I make 600 eu per month m8 Imagine how much are left after I pay the bills and taxes.
you're already living the dream
>>
>>70353644
>Well not me. Once I get very knowledgable in my trade, and have a good amount of cash saved up, I want to strike out and make some real money. I'm pretty intelligent, and have a good ethic, but I was just wondering what some good avenues could be?

Go to /biz/
>>
>>70356464
Shared the car meaning to drive, not living in it.*
>>
File: 1458744517528.jpg (248 KB, 500x566) Image search: [Google]
1458744517528.jpg
248 KB, 500x566
>>70353644
>I WANT THE AMERICAN DREAM
>posts quintessentially British chick

dude what
>>
>>70356464
So then, what's your business?
>>
>>70357008
thanks, i will keep this in mind.
>>
>>70357086
Professional 4chan storymaker
>>
You never get rich working for someone else, but you have to cut your teeth somewhere.
>>
>>70356493
>I make 600 eu per month
Shit, i pay 1700 euro per month just for rent. And I am a student, I have a wife who helps with the bills, but still... Is stuff really cheap in Greece? Can you survive on 600 euro per month?
>>
File: 1452792627561.jpg (78 KB, 700x789) Image search: [Google]
1452792627561.jpg
78 KB, 700x789
>>70357086
see
>>70354843
>>
>>70357426
Maybe you should stop renting an entire house for yourself then
>>
File: 71kCMgvuOEL._UX385_.jpg (19 KB, 385x374) Image search: [Google]
71kCMgvuOEL._UX385_.jpg
19 KB, 385x374
>>70353644
entrepreneurship

its the only way to get ahead. simple as that
>>
>>70357653
it's a 2-room apartment. One room for me and my wife and then for the children.
>>
>>70357425
Nonsense sales you can become rich. My top earner here makes 250-300k with 5 weeks of vacation. Usually is here 30 hours a week. He isn't that smart and especially not driven but he understands how to bid work because at the higher tier it's not an equation so much as an art form. Granted he could make alot more on his own but he would also have to work alot harder and wouldn't be able to take that much vacation because when you own your own business your heart is in it. When I am on vacation I can't go a day or 2 with out needing to know what is going on with my baby.
>>
>>70353644

And—ahem—are you getting married soon?
>>
>>70356493
>600
pou re malaka? Mia xara eisai.
>>
File: 1421440958338.jpg (39 KB, 413x410) Image search: [Google]
1421440958338.jpg
39 KB, 413x410
>>70353644
>How about buying and renting real estate on the side
be like me anon
>purchase trailer/ shitty condo
> get laughed at
>pay off investment property asap
>rent out or offer privately held mortgage at 6+%
>rinse and repeat.
>>
>>70357426
LOL you're in /pol/ and don't realize our government has their grubby crypt-keeper looking hands in our wallets? 30% on everything you buy, active taxation on us is 50%+.

Why haven't you gone to a psychologist pretending to have depression to get your monthly NEETbux? That's the only way to live here, cuck the system.
>>
File: Amerika.gif (982 KB, 285x171) Image search: [Google]
Amerika.gif
982 KB, 285x171
>>70358237
Over here in America we are just about to reach a point where over 50% of citizens do not pay a federal income tax. I pay 53 cents of every dollar I make right off the bat to the Feds for income tax because of my tax bracket. This is coming from someone with only 2 commas in my yearly take home, and everyone wonders why business owners get creative with paying taxes & moving jobs. If they taxed me more I would simply sell my business and do something else less lucrative, time committed, and at a lower tax rate. Employers are not employment agencies.
>>
>>70358928
I've heard that vfds are the thing of the future in school, but honestly I only know about them very minimally. My knowledge coming out of school right now is pretty much fundamentals only...

Superheat, sub cool, target pressures, knowing the refrigeration cycle, how to diagnose problems etc etc.

Would I be able to get a job where I could get some OJT on vfds or other more advanced aspects of the industry?
>>
>>70353644
>"I'm pretty intelligent"
>Works in blue collar field

Okay
>>
>>70356943
Best advice in this thread. The most you'll find here are semi-relevant memes .
>>
>>70359363
They just seem scary because they work on 460volts and on big expensive pieces of equipment. Essentially for big pumps & motors and pieces of similar equipment the biggest drain on their ussage is when you turn them on and the fact that you don't need them to be running 100% but you only have the option of on or off. So much like a multi stage furnace it gives you options. Number 1 it ramps the startup sort of like a dimmer switch you slowly turn up. Then depending on inputs (from controls and parameters) it gives you just enough power when you need it. This in turn saves the customer a FUCK-TON on energy. So they are a high commodity item, everyone wants these on every piece of equipment. You eat the initial cost and just patiently wait until it goes from paying for itself to saving you money. So what we do is instead of just being a chump and buying it for factory list price we always even if it's not the case come up with a scenario. We need this multiplier to get it at this price to beat so & so competitor. So we get it for cheap. Then we sell it not at the low cost, not medium, not competitive, we sell it for the most by far. Then we try and convince them to get a service contract meaning we come out annually disassemble the drive, clean it entirely, put it back together, so things like the heat sink don't get clogged. Then we also start up the units, retrofit, troubleshoot, etc.
>>
>>70360086
From the technician side of things though, because obviously I'll have to start out as a technician....

You are a pretty good example of someone I would want to work for, how likely would you be to hire someone like me into a tech position? Assume I pass all of the appearance, dialogue etc parts of the interview. What chance do I have to get some Paid OJT riding with one of your more established techs for a month or two until I get it?

Would you hire someone right out of school?
>>
>>70360718
Yes I would hire someone right out of school. I have hired people who have failed elsewhere in the industry, who have been convicted of felonies, and in all my years I have had to fire 1 person. The first real service guy we had when I went from a 2 man operation to a 3 man had no electrical background only mechanical. My other salesman who also did service swapped to fulltime service. I'll never forget the phone call "How do I check impedance", "Oh you mean the horse shoe icon". The only reason that tech survived is because he was great at talking to the customers, kept them happy, made us look good, even though he was thrown to the wolves and it was apparent he didn't know enough he wasn't afraid to figure out what he didn't know even if it meant him having days twice as long as he was being paid for. You would be surprised how few applicants small companies like mine recieve. Generally we only place an ad for a small amount of time before we fill a position and 95% of the time we just search people we know in the industry and don't advertise an opening. My advice would be get in contact with multiple companies now expressing your interest once you get out of school. Then once your out put in an application to sit there even if they aren't hiring. Then you are someone they think of when they are hiring. Nobody is going to hold your hand in the private world though, you will be bitch boy, you will be out on your own before you are ready, sink or swim type atmosphere.
>>
>>70358928
There's 30% income tax in Norway. Aaaand every service and payed product has its price increased by 30% as a kind of product taxation.

aaaand candy is taxed extra heavily because fat faggots don't realize they don't have anyone to blame but themselves for their diabetes.

Aaaand insurance companies in Norway has a monopoly because every citizen is obligated to insure EVERYTHING they own, IE. house, car and boat.

Aaaand every year we have to pay taxes for everything we own, called a "property tax".

Not to mention our fuel is extra costy because of the "CO2 is the cause of global warming meme", increasing its price by about 500%. (fuel should be about 3,5 kr per liters, it costs 13+ because of extra taxations)

Not to mention if you have a vehicle you need to pay not only your insurance companies every year, but also you need to pay for an annual "road fee". That doesn't stop our government from putting up toll-posts around our cities that are expensive as all fuck and back. For instance, if you want to drive your daughter from somewhere within Bergen City, you can say goodbye to two whole hours of salary (costs 200-300 kr ONE WAY at night)

That said, yeah, we're super rich in Norway hehe! I mean, I really appreciate that our government is spending all of the tax money on modernistic art pieces along the freeway (golden toilets to 3,5 million NOK that doesn't have heating so useless at winter) and I absolutely adore the fact that we spend money on the foreigner's NEET lifestyles.

Nah, if you've got a head between you shoulders you MOVE OUT OF NORWAY if you're going to make a business here. Our country is fucking lost.
>>
>>70357506
fucking kek you burger
>>
>>70358175
"privately held mortgage"

this sounds risky as shit if I understand you correctly
>>
You can get rich in residential but first you must become a soulless monster that sells random ass gadgets and maintenance plans to house wives and retirees. You will be asked by some creep to fuck his wife.

You will fall through attics. You will be back charged for bullshit. And your company will steal from your paycheck.

You'll be busy all summer. Then nothing. And then busy again and then nothing.

I've several time trained kids that went through the two year cc course and they didn't know shit.
>>
>>70353644
I was gonna laugh at you but hvac in florida is p big money.

The sales guys at Trane make 200k+

/refrigeration/ here is best carolina, as an installer im making 50k/year. Could make more but I dont like being away from home much.
>>
File: 3423432432.jpg (7 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
3423432432.jpg
7 KB, 194x259
>>70357048
>>
>>70354843
>not posting proof
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.