[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So ... I'm at college. And while colleges have a reputation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1439879589214.jpg (18 KB, 482x360) Image search: [Google]
1439879589214.jpg
18 KB, 482x360
So ... I'm at college. And while colleges have a reputation for being 'politically active' I despair with the absolutely vanity and lack of social engagement that I observe. It's that feeling that makes me feel like the only place for fascinating discussions is indeed here on the 'internetz' where the level of discussions seems to be far better than the odd reality of having passionate arguments with total strangers that you probably will never meet in real life.
Am I the only one who feels like that?
Someone who feels like even the most retarded online discussions have more 'juice' in them than the vapid discussions happening IRL?

Pic unrelated
>>
File: 1441073542197.png (413 KB, 633x620) Image search: [Google]
1441073542197.png
413 KB, 633x620
>>70236993

Yep. I've been surrounded by Reddit meme spouters, who would never shut the fuck up, clones with one-dimensional personalities, and mostly people who are glued to their phone screens. University is a garbage place for social engagements these days. Everyone sticks to their comfort zone and closes themselves off courtesy of earbuds and texting. My social network developed from childhood friends, and made for much interesting experiences than anything I ever encountered on campus. Normies are thin-skinned and have little capacity for creativity or trying new things.
>>
>>70236993
youre a part of the problem. you came with high expectations and since your expectations arent being fulfilled, you are leaving.
>>
File: 1444706983118.jpg (44 KB, 297x508) Image search: [Google]
1444706983118.jpg
44 KB, 297x508
>>70236993
pretty much

I unironically believe that the average /pol/ack is more intelligent and has a stronger grasp on events/politics than the average "normie".

inb4 countless memes
>>
>>70237950

I came with expectations of entering a place of HIGHER education and not an extension of High school.

BTW, I'm not leaving. I'm just disappoint with the level of vapidness I've encountered.

P.S.: During a recent class, someone teased a chick by hiding her cell phone. The entire thing last 2 minutes because the bitch ACTUALLY started crying.
How am I supposed to deal with this bullshit?
>>
>>70238323

Absolutely. On /pol/ you'll find alot of banter and gems, worthy of a screenshot, in a sea of shitposters. Most of the time I can only find interesting characters on vacation overseas.
>>
>>70236993
You are hanging with the wrong crowd. Still, this completely normal. University draw students with a large variety of interests. Places on the internet heavy on political discussion, obviously, draw people that enjoy them.

The main goal of higher education is to prepare people for the job market (or at least signal their ability). This is not the 19th century/beginning of the 20th century anymore.
>>
>>70236993
>>70237794
>>70238323

this so much. university is not the place it claims to be full of intellectuals that have a grasp on current events but in reality they are all self absorbed with their own shit. the average /pol/ack shows far broader principles and knowledge that normies especially in specialized threads like /sg/
>>
>>70239707

So colleges are now the educational equivalent of a meat processing factory?
Blimey!
>>
File: riley martin.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
riley martin.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>70236993
Tell those dirty jew bastards to pay you.
>>
>>70238323
Well what do you know, you're an American.
>>
>>70240190
You can spin that way if you want, but they really are. Even many students who are genuinely interested about what they are learning will tell you the same thing. Only those who hold a romantic view of intellectuals think otherwise. Our society is not a society of intellectuals, but of engineers (and I'm using a broad definition of engineer here). It never was a society of intellectuals to begin with. Those who were intellectuals were part of a small elite who could afford to never work. Intellectualism was really a class signalling device.
>>
>>70240944

Maybe not a society of intellectuals (Mexican or otherwise) but surely a society of 'Xicos Espertos'
>>
>>70241316
That's only in crappy countries like ours, where people think of rules not as boundaries/constraints but as guidelines/suggestions lol
>>
>>70241699

In so many was we're like Greece on steroids ... Good grief ...
>>
>>70236993
>be me
>go to college
>one Politics teacher always pushes feminism and white guilt IN FUCKING CLASS
>All the white guys look down and this is the only time minorities speak, to say "You tell it how it is!", "MMMMM-HMMMMM!" and shit like that
>I a FUCKING MIDDLE EASTERNER stand up for whites in class
>I have argued over affirmative action and how its wrong, argued why most politicians are white and more that I cant remember.

I noticed that most people go to class and STFU and are there for a grade or dont care. I ALWAYS get "A"s and most people just dont care. Hell, I'm quiet as fuck in class usually but am not afraid of a little debate / discussion.

I literally go to school because I have to get a degree to get into my fucking career. Its pointless and stupid. I havent learned ONE new skill in college. I feel like if this career falls through I wont have any new skills and will be a minimum wage slave for life.

TLDR: No one goes to college to learn, or if they do, they realize the vast majority of people that go there are there for the degree / dont want to be there so they keep to themselves. Professors dont wanna be there, nor do the students.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.