[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Liberal College Students Don't Feel Safe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 33360_abortionprotestf.jpg (448 KB, 1000x668) Image search: [Google]
33360_abortionprotestf.jpg
448 KB, 1000x668
http://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2016/04/anti-abortion-group-compares-abortion-to-genocide-in-polk-place

So this conservative, anti-abortion group comes on the UNC campus about every year or semester for over a decade. Today, when they show up, people write on the sidewalk in front of the Wilson Library (in background) to #keepUNCsafe.

You know what they want to keep UNC safe from? Other opinions. They have got really bold to get offended enough to erase also conservative fliers and even put a sign on a trash-can nearby that said "deposit anti-choice propaganda here." They didn't react this strongly back in 2008.

They call this a protest, but the activists aren't even chanting they just want to explain their point of view to people. They may have huge graphic signs that are like a story tall but they have warning signs outside of the Polk Place for people who don't want to see it. Sure some people are counter-demonstrating, but others just want it to end completely.
>>
>>70218255
Just wait until 'hate speech' is a crime. Anything that the liberals disagree with you about will result in you going to jail.
>>
File: Prolifechalk1.jpg (35 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
Prolifechalk1.jpg
35 KB, 600x315
>>70218255
Also a story from last semester on the same UNC campus. Some group made this chalk on the sidewalk, which is allowed.

Not only did people erase it almost immediately, the Pro-Choice group on campus responded in shock that someone would even express a Pro-Life view in a progressive institution of higher learning.

>An email from the Students United for Reproductive Justice president to the student body claimed “This is triggering. This is violence. This is co-optation. This is not okay.”

/pol/ do you think this kind of demonstration or chalk is violent at all? Are these liberals mentally ill?
>>
>constitutional right
That's literally untrue, isn't it?
>>
>>70218698
They think the government doesn't have a right to control their own body, which they don't. The issue is whether a fetus is their body or another person. Liberals don't think fetuses are "people."

But some of the same bioethicists that have this view also don't think certain elderly or disabled people can be counted as "living" and therefore can be put to death by death panels that decide whether they are living a life with no qualitative substance.
>>
>>70218255
Eyy I graduated from Chapel Hill. Also every couple of years there's a protest about Silent Sam (a statue on campus dedicated to the fallen Confederate soldiers) too, which is annoying. That place seriously is beyond redemption
>>
>>70219066
Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Also like how he cannot fire his gun because it's not loaded. There's another Union soldier statue like it the sculptor made somewhere else.
>>
>>70218255
Oh so now they care about the Constitution.
>>
You know, I wouldn't feel safe if I had a gun to my head or if somebody waved a knife at me when I'm not carrying one. I don't understand the concept of being not safe when you're being presented with arguments for views that may not fit in your world view. Fucking christ, they really should grow a pair and fuck off.
>>
>>70218990
kill homeless people, prostitutes and neets too while we're at it
>>
>>70218255

most of these people protesting are assholes (yeah i get it abortion is bad) but yeah it's fucking disgusting people won't let them speak their mind. safe space people are out of their god damned minds and i can't wait for them to try and enter the workforce with their entitled mentality.
>>
>>70218255
Do liberals realize the founder of planned parenthood was a racist involved with the klan that referred to blacks and the poor as reckless breeders?
>>
>>70219798
>the founder of planned parenthood was a racist involved with the klan that referred to blacks and the poor as reckless breeders?
Is that a problem?
>>
>>70219606
Basically in their view, I think other opinions are seen as veiled threats that they are going to lose political control.

Before the United States existed this is how people reacted to change in government. People would kill each other when a new government took power because it was the end of their way of life more or less.

The fact that these people react this way is a testament to the fact that they have zero faith in constitutional republic or democracy.
>>70219798
No. They don't make the eugenics connection because they think that only conservatives are fascist. There was a preacher at another school that got physically attacked after claiming that black lives don't matter to liberals because they allow blacks to abort half of their children.
>>
>>70220196
>There was a preacher at another school that got physically attacked after claiming that black lives don't matter to liberals because they allow blacks to abort half of their children.
I'd think the fact they only bother to talk about gun violence when a bunch of white people get killed in a mass shooting rather then because of the huge numbers of young black men who get shot all the god damn time in disputes relating to the drug trade would be evidence enough.
>>
Which constitutional amendment advocates abortion? It seems I have forgotten.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.