[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The University of California wants to ban ALL anti-Zionist s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
The University of California wants to ban ALL anti-Zionist speech on their campuses for fear that they are "anti-Semetic."

How are they even allowed to do this?

They are a publicly funded university system. Isn't it outright illegal to stifle the right to free speech?

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-makdisibutler-uc-antisemitism-report-20160323-story.html
>>
>>70018147
This is a good thing. You can't stomp out ideas with censorship. It only makes them stronger. be glad the kikes are overstepping thier bounds
>>
>>70018147
Given that most of these schools are run by liberal puppets on kike's leashes, I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner, tbqh.
>>
>>70018147
>They are a publicly funded university system. Isn't it outright illegal to stifle the right to free speech?

Free speech and the 1st Amendment is tricky in the context of schools. The Supreme Court is clear that while students do not abandon their constitutional rights at the schoolhouse gate, school administrators have a need to maintain discipline and order in the school. Hence, it's a balancing act between these two competing concerns.

Whether or not a school administrator's decision is sufficiently onerous to infringe upon a student's constitutional free speech is a very case-specific inquiry.

Broadly speaking, however, it is clear that a student's free speech rights are constrained and limited once he is at school, and that this is fine under the Constitution.

Source: I'm a lawyer.
>>
As a UC student, I just pretend to be normal like the rest of the liberals. It's not worth it to have all those doors closed cus muh freddums. Besides, there's plenty of /pol/tards in those schools.

tl;dr just shut the fuck up at school
>>
>>70018455
do you specialize in bird law?
>>
>>70018455
I give this 9/10. Although there is arguably a difference between primary and secondary school (on which the case law has been focused), and a post-secondary institution.

In the university setting, I would find it hard to believe the Court would not find this as a violation of the right to free speech.

Source: Also a lawyer.
>>
>>70018455
You're a faggot.

Source: I'm Australian.
>>
>>70018147
No they don't, that already failed and there was widespread outrage about it.
>>
File: joy.jpg (24 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
joy.jpg
24 KB, 512x512
lol you guys realize the left is gonna side with you on this one because muh free palestine right

not that it's necessarily a big issue...
just wanted to make sure you're aware
>>
Judaism

It's a race!
It's a religion!
It's a nation!

Whenever it suits their purpose.
>>
What are Political Science students supposed to do in the UC system...
Such a bullshit law
>>
So if you don't care about some shithole in the middle east and instead support improving your own country your a bad goy?
https://youtu.be/Pe9KN2V5xQ8
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.