[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Men Skewing Ratings of Female Shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: hores-the-show.jpg (325 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
hores-the-show.jpg
325 KB, 800x1200
>According to an analysis of IMDB ratings for popular TV shows by FiveThirtyEight‘s Walt Hickey, the more popular a show is among women, the more likely it is to be rated poorly by men.
>the effect is not nearly as severe in the opposite case.

>One prominent example is HBO’s Emmy-winning “Sex and the City.” The show has received an average rating of 7.0 from IMDB users, with 60 percent of those rating the series being women. Among female users, the show has an average rating of 8.1. Among men, it’s a measly 5.8.Men are skewing online ratings of female-oriented TV shows, giving them worse scores and dragging down the series average.

>But the data doesn’t support the contention that female-skewed programming is inherently worse: Women gave their top 100 shows, on average, a 7.8 rating, about the same score they gave the top 100 male-dominated programs, 8.0.

I was going to just post something like "WHEN WILL THE OPPRESSION END?" but the grim reality suddenly struck me and I couldn't find it funny anymore.
Shit like this is being taken deadly seriously these days. They are taken as (further) indication that men have an underlying hostility to women that MUST be attacked directly and pulled out by the roots.
I already knew all this but I joke about it so much to deal with the stress and revulsion that sometimes I almost forget that this is real. And it's only the beginning.
>>
http://www.thewrap.com/men-hate-tv-shows-aimed-at-women-study-says/

link
>>
>>74645382
Literally a non issue, relax
>>
>>74645382
everything on television is garbage except the weather report
>>
File: 1463588731749.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1044) Image search: [Google]
1463588731749.jpg
342 KB, 1920x1044
>>
>>74645382
A
>>
The TV shows women like are fucking terrible. It's either shitty reality TV shows or MEN ARE DUMB AND I'M A SLUT shows.
>>
It's almost like female oriented shows are garbage and men can see this fact
>>
>>74645479

It's a drop in the ocean but it's part of a large issue and it's been cropping up everywhere.
They are looking for reasons to attack us and they are training the next generations to do it from the time they're in daycare.
>>
GIANT DICKS AND MONEY LOL
FUCK MARRIAGE AMIRITE
>7.0+ LADIES

Stay classy you fucking vapid whores.
>>
>>74645638
*larger issue
>>
>>74645382

women confirmed for shit taste plebs
>>
>>74645638
No one's being attacked, go outside and see for yourself. It's just shitposting on the internet.
>>
It's lke they're too dumb to realise men and women have different tastes, no matter how far you try and push 'inclusive' anything.

>Some shows are always going to appeal to women
>Some shows are always going to appeal to men

Stop trying to change it and then this will stop happening.
>>
>>74645819
Literally this.

Cmon fellow leaf.
>>
>>74645505

Not gonna lie, you saved me this time.
>>
wow, do you mean man don't like shows not aimed at them? wow, i can not find words for this, so toxic and problematic, i bet the patriarchy did this
>>
>>74645382
TV shows rated highly by women by low by men. Are made specifically for women, so men by default are not going to enjoy it.

However shows men like are made for all audiences so everyone can like it.

Take a look at what your arguing.
>>
Women are more likely to enjoy watching the NBA than men are to enjoy watching the WNBA. Why? Because the female version of entertainment sucks and even women understand this, expressing that through their preference for male dominated entertainment.
>>
Study didn't take into account that men might just be more critical of bad TV shows overall, not just the ones made for women.

Or that women may be more lenient overall of their ratings for TV shows.

Or that shows for men are more highly rated overall.

Bad data, honestly.
>>
I don't mind saying it...

There's a truth to those facts. Women just don't watch male shows much "topgear" - and they don't bother rating it badly because they understand it's not meant for them...

While I myself have been guilty of downvoting shows for lassies just to poke fun at them.

It just what I did. I didn't even watch half of the stuff I downvoted Like Twilight.

Just being honest here..
>>
>>74646269
Sex and the City is a good show. It's funny.

So is Friends.

Yes, I'm a heterosexual male.

Fuck off.
>>
File: sexandtheshitty.jpg (154 KB, 1280x379) Image search: [Google]
sexandtheshitty.jpg
154 KB, 1280x379
>>74649924
No.
>>
>>74649924

>American heterosexuals

is this like Mexican Intellectuals?
>>
>>74645382
...maybe those "male shows" aren't as gender oriented as feminist like to think they are?

Or is it supposed to be a good will thing.
> I liked your shows so now you have to like mine.
>>
>>74649924
cuck
>>
If you look at the demographic breakdowns of most of the old classic movies, especially those from before the '70s and foreign, women disproportionately rate them much lower than men do. Women simply have shit taste. I never used to let my ex decide what film to watch.
>>
>>74645382
Women are less funny, worse actors, and have horrible taste in films/shows. Is this any surprise?

Think of the absolute best female actresses of all time, and imagine their shining roles.

Now imagine how much better the best male actors are in their shining roles.
>>
>>74650178
Its like german whites
>>
File: 1365796366471.jpg (53 KB, 632x474) Image search: [Google]
1365796366471.jpg
53 KB, 632x474
>>74645382
>average rating of 7.0 from IMDB users, with 60 percent of those rating the series being women. Among female users, the show has an average rating of 8.1. Among men, it’s a measly 5.8.Men
That's a very reasonable variation considering men aren't the target audience.
>>
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/men-are-sabotaging-the-online-reviews-of-tv-shows-aimed-at-women/#fn-1

America’s Next Top Model
Keeping Up with the Kardashians

These two are actually higher on that list than S&C. Full of trash as expected.
handful of some of the worst ones:

Jersey Shore
American Idol
Gossip Girl
Pretty Little Liars
Beverly Hills, 90210
One Tree Hill
Hannah Montana
That’s So Raven
Lizzie McGuire
>>
>>74649013
Why do you feel the need to shit all over everything?
>>
>>74649924
Seinfeld is the only funny sitcom
>>
>>74645495
weather report is false anyway
>>
>>74651629
you should watch curb your enthusiasm
>>
>>74651629
>>74651781
>Jewish """comedy"""
>>
>>74645382
Sex and the City was written by a MAN
>>
>>74651827
better than the alternative
>>
>>74651929
More Jewish comedy?
>>
>>74652190
>More Jewish comedy?

it's ALL jewish comedy.
>>
>>74652307
When we will be free from these kikes and their """"humor""".
>>
>>74649924
Sex and the City isn't Absolutely Fabulous. Fuck off with your shit taste in humor.
>>
>>74645382
#killallmen
this blatant patriarchical sexism cannot stand in 2016
>>
Funny that shows like Buffy arent skewed. Almost as if it were objectively better.
>>
>>74649013
There's something about shows made just for women that kind of disgusts me. They are designed to appeal to female sensibilities and values, and this inadvertently reveals how innately self- centered, cowardly, and entitled women are.
>>
>>74645382
You need to get out more. Or at least go offline for a while.

I hear Canada has a thriving cultural life! Museums, concert halls, cinema... And food! OP must eat something that doesn't come out of a plastic bag once in a while.

Women! There are plenty of exciting and yet relaxing nightlife alternatives available. Why not use one to mingle with the many fine ladies (or men!) in the Great White North?

But whatever you pronouns and whatever you do, take a few minutes to step away from the keyboard and enjoy a new lease on life -- even if only for a day. Youll be glad you did, eh?
>>
>>74645382

It's sexist that men have better taste.
>>
>>74645382
I understand 100%, as an avid reader I can relate to this.
Of the hundreds of books I've read, probably only three or four were authored by women, women don't think like men and it shows in their style of writing and the subject matter.
In short, apart from rare exceptions women are uninteresting intellectually and this is reflected in theirs works, especially in fiction and science fiction.
>>
>>74650678
Meryl Streep is a fucking legendary actor though.
>>
File: 1463229277963.png (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1463229277963.png
10 KB, 225x225
>>74650178
No, it's like German nationalists. oh wait . . .
>>
File: clint disgusted.gif (659 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
clint disgusted.gif
659 KB, 200x200
>>74645382
>Men writing reviews about Sex and the City
>>
>>74651237
>jersey shore and kardarshians have bad ratings
>must be men sabotaging them

Sex and the City is good though.
>>
>>74645638
We're going to have humans built from entirely synthetic DNA who will in fact be the intellectual property of corporations.

Women are soon to be obsolesced.
>>
>>74650163
underrated
>>
>>74645382
And women hate men's shows like sports and DIY programs. So what? The networks will air whatever brings in enough viewers, never mind the haters. And I'll watch what I want.

Problem is; women don't know what they like until they see what other women are liking. So on-line reviews mean a lot to them.
>>
>>74649924
>Yes, I'm a heterosexual male.

Bad news for you friend
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.