[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thanks to Harvey Normal, as of the next financial new year all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Harvey-Norman-v2.png (174 KB, 1612x676) Image search: [Google]
Harvey-Norman-v2.png
174 KB, 1612x676
Thanks to Harvey Normal, as of the next financial new year all international shipping to Australia will have a GST of 10% plus administration fee.
So say if you buy $2 free shipping Ebay socks from China, they will now cost $2, plus 10%, plus admin fee (say $10?), so $12.20 for $2 China socks.
How do we stop being Fucked Australia?
>>
>>69974817
It's probably mostly kogans fault. Despite being an Australian company they ship all their items from overseas shell companies and don't seem to pay GST even when it's over the threshold. A store I use to work at tried ordering expensive items off them to work out how they were doing low prices, couldn't provide a tax invoice when requested, didn't seem to be anything stating the product value in the package.

I think in the end they worked out he was charging more money than local shops if you removed GST from their prices. So basically tax payers were paying for his profit margins, at least a few years ago it was like that, not sure if they changed.

It's the same when I order electronic components, US retailers are cheaper because they cut the price section off the invoice and there's no GST.

Most Australian retailers are lazy and poorly run though as well.
>>
>>69976661
What's up with Australia and being lazy?
>>
>>69974817
They is a war in Syria, Russia and the west are at loggerheads, there is a presidential race in America, western society is getting invaded by refugees from all over the world and Australia is worried about their $2 socks. That's hardly normal.
>>
>>69974817
don't you ever get bored of posting these biased, opinionated faux scandal monologues on here, hoping to poke the bees nest and summon a personal army for whatever leftist motivation you secretly harbor ?
>>
>>69974817
>inadvertent tarriffs on china

kek this is a good thing.
>>
Tell me why imported products shouldn't have to pay the Goods and Service Tax when domestic products do
>>
I don't see how you could expect to not get ripped off buying socks from ebay $2 at a time. That being a viable way to manage your money as the end user is nothing more than jew lies.
>>
>>69974817
Get people and companies to pay their fucking tax instead of requiring new ones
Not supporting Australian workers and businesses
>>
>>69974817
Works alright for me as an online retailer of non commercial items which can sometimes be purchased by dealers in other countries. Has also been good with the low Aussie dollar when I sell my wares to people overseas.
That being said, people aren't spending a lot of money at the moment generally.
>>
>>69974817

Fucking Harvey Norman, literally more cancerous than dick smith ever was.
>>
>>69974817
maybe if you nobheads stopped making dark souls 2 lore videos or whatever it is you do and started saying "struth mate" more you wouldn't be in this pickle would you? tossers
>>
wah wah stop crying and pay that extra cash you stingy gook cunts
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.