[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOP Convention Fight Over Gay Rights
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 15
http://politi.co/25Hzj52
>Republicans, already girding for their most tumultuous convention in decades, now have another fight brewing: a divisive battle over gay marriage on the party’s official national platform.

>The Republican Party’s most recent official platform, adopted during the 2012 convention, took an uncompromising stance. At that time, the platform committee expressed its support for a constitutional amendment defining marriage as a union of one man and one woman, and ripped what it called “the court-ordered redefinition of marriage” as “an assault on the foundations of our society.”

>Some of the party’s biggest financiers, attempting to transform the GOP’s approach, have been helping to bankroll the American Unity Fund, a group that has launched a well-organized, behind-the-scenes effort to lobby convention delegates who will draw up the platform. It is asking them to adopt language that would accommodate same sex marriage.

>Social conservatives, alarmed at what they view as an effort to topple a central tenet of their movement, are also gearing up. Last week, Tony Perkins, the Family Research Council president and a vocal opponent of same sex marriage, secured one of Louisiana’s two slots on the platform committee. Perkins, who also served on the committee in 2012, is expected to take the lead in litigating any efforts to change the party’s position.

>“We’re prepared for the fight,” said Ed Martin, the president of Eagle Forum, a leading evangelical group. “It’s hand-to-hand combat.”

>Martin predicted there would be little desire to alter party’s stance on marriage — doing so he argued, would discourage evangelical voters from heading to the polls in November. Even starting the conversation, he warned, would have consequences.

>“If the Platform Committee is fighting over marriage,” Martin said, “we’re coming out of the convention without any momentum at all.”

They are fucking doomed aren't they?
>>
>>69950541
Evangelical voters are rapidly declining both in numbers and prominence. There is little reason to pander to them in a national election.
>>
>>69950855
They believe that accepting faggots will literally lead to God smiting America, Sodom and Gomorrah-style. This is not going to end well.
>>
>>69950541
>They are fucking doomed aren't they?

Yep. Biggest problem with the gay marriage debate is the fact that it is hereby a moot point. Supreme Court ruled on it, struck down like 30 state laws and parts of state constitutions, and that's that. Unless you amend the US constitution you really can't do anything here. Basically, it's Roe v. Wade (1973) all over again, and they have been beating that dead horse for 43 years now.

Some of the saner ones will acknowledge that fact. The rest will tar and feather them, and the party will tear itself apart.
>>
>>69950541
>letting Jew media determine your platform

Stay cucked faggots.
>>
>>69952509
>Implying Evangelicals don't think that gay marriage is the literal end of the world.
>>
>>69952378
>it's Roe v. Wade (1973) all over again

In other words, gay marriage is protected nominally but not in practice, and can still be legislated out of existence at the local level while left-wing leadership sits on its hands and pretends it's not happening? Awesome!
>>
>>69950541
supreme court already passed a law making it legal nationwide
time to give it up retards
>>
If vote is decided on abortion or gay marriage you should be shot.
>>
>>69953639
>supreme court
>passing laws
This pisses me off
>>
File: 1459705281290.png (222 KB, 372x598) Image search: [Google]
1459705281290.png
222 KB, 372x598
>>69953919
They didn't pass any law. Republitards passed way too many dubious laws restricting the rights of faggots and (surprise surprise!) one of those laws made its way to the Supreme Court for review and was struck down in a pretty broad way. You brought this upon yourselves.
>>
>>69950855
And? There's no reason to pander to faggots either since they're a minuscule minority of the party. The base of the Republican party remains socially conservative, traditionalist, and Christian and will not tolerate this.
>>
>>69950541
I'd be OK with it, because it would signal a shift to a more libertarian stance
>As long as nothing else changed
>>
>>69954142
Positive, fabricated "rights" are not a libertarian stance.
>>
>>69954059
Federal government needs to stay out of marriage. It should have been left to the states.
>>
>>69954059

Delusion. Total fucking delusion.
>>
>>69953639
Fuck off. The Supreme Court ruling is unconstitutional and will be repealed.
>>
>>69953639
Mass immigration and H1B's are also legal.
>>
>>69953859
If English is your first language you should be shot.
>>
>>69950541
Holy shit I hope this happens and alienates all the psycho Christfags so that the republicans don't have to cripple their platform to pander to them anymore.
>>
File: 1459706901661.jpg (256 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
1459706901661.jpg
256 KB, 768x960
>>69954448
>I don't know how the US government or judicial review works
>>
>>69950541
This guarantees Trump the victory after Hillary goes to jail.
>>
>>69955964
Holy shit, you're a delusional, degenerate, faggot and "psycho Christfags" aren't the only ones who oppose you mentally ill retards.
>>
>>69956666
nice quads
>>
>>69950541
Conservatives are so fucking stupid.
Fuck you, Reagan. You stupid bastard. Thanks for strong arming religious fundamentalists into the Republican party.
Any time these retards open their mouths, they push democrats and moderates away. And its FOR NO FUCKING REASON. Who cares if gays want to get married? Who is affected by it? Fucking no one.
They can't Conserve anything because they are fucking befuddled by religion.
They are just as responsible for this mess as the worst Liberals.
>>
>>69954138

there is boat loads of fags and even more fag sympathizers

You seriously underestimate how little everyone else cares about this issue. I want to move on and it's clear the christcucks are being stubborn. Just let them be gay
>>
>>69956666
The niggers, spics, and Muzzies aren't going to vote Republican. Most non evangelical whites support fag marriage.
>>
>>69953919
>>supreme court
>>passing laws
>This pisses me off

Why don't you move to a country that has a constitution that you can comprehend?

14th amendment, bucko

All citizens in all states have the same rights
>>
File: gay parenting.jpg (89 KB, 960x468) Image search: [Google]
gay parenting.jpg
89 KB, 960x468
>>69956931
>>
>>69954528
>Fuck off. The Supreme Court ruling is unconstitutional and will be repealed.

You can dream all you like but the 14th amendment was passed and isn't going to be repealed to suit your fantasies
>>
>>69953639

Spotted the faggot.

Look the SCOTUS ruling in Obergefell vs Hodges was retarded. The arguments for it basically boiled down to if two people who have sexual relations decide to live together, they are therefore entitled to a legal marriage. Which is fucking retarded since it leaves an open door to polygamists, incestuous couples, etc.

>inb4 slippery slope
>>
>>69950541
they want to include more voters but they can't let the dead weight go. 61% of young conservatives support gay marriage. Not to mention it's settled law
>>
File: 1451674630465.png (250 KB, 1008x864) Image search: [Google]
1451674630465.png
250 KB, 1008x864
>>69956931
>>
>>69950541
Absolutely. Fuck em.
>>
>>69957099
Can you find marriage rights in the Constitution?
>>
>>69957402
>>69957111
Who gives a shit? I don't like gays. And I find the corruption of Christian marriage distasteful.
But there are more important issues to be talked about than Fag Marriage.
Every time they bring this idiocy up, they lose votes.
>>
>>69957111
http://www.wfmj.com/story/15591004/two-parents-charged-with-raping-baby-during-supervised-visit

There are so many of these with straight couples.
>>
>>69957251
None of those should be illegal either though.
>>
it's going to be a madhouse

how do I get tickets?
>>
>>69950541
Place all administration of marriage under the jurisdiction of religious institutions. Marriage can be linked to a civil union but the two are separate and separable arrangements.

The government offers a specific type of business structure called a civil union. Unifies assets of those that sign up, provides an unassailable path for inheritance and other legal authorities to the other partner should one die/be incapacitated. Essentially do everything marriage does now form a legal standpoint. Because it is technically a business structure any idiot judges that make a stupid ruling would set case law for all businesses, so they would get shut down fast in appeals.

I should be able to enter a civil union with my brother and this would protect all my assets from claims by a woman who births/raises my children and decides to leave for example.

Attach the tax/financial benefits for raising children to an explicit contract. A person or civil union gains access to these benefits in exchange for agreeing to comply to specific standards/minimum requirements with regards to the child. The child must be healthy and have annual health checks minimum, the child must be immunised, the child must attend a set minimum of school days, the child must not commit a major crime etc.

Problems solved.
>>
>>69952378
supreme court didn't rule on anything, they created a law

that isn't their job
>>
>>69951046
Weren't Sodom and Gomorrah actually destroyed for their lack of hospitality? If anything America is getting smitten for refusing to take Refugees and immigrants.
>>
>>69957553
>Can you find marriage rights in the Constitution?
You can be the first state to repeal marriage.

Let us know how well that works out for you.
>>
File: 1459725164126.png (125 KB, 367x423) Image search: [Google]
1459725164126.png
125 KB, 367x423
>>69958234
>supreme court didn't rule on anything, they created a law

No they ruled on something. You just don't agree with them so you are claiming that they are legislating from the bench. Basically you are just being a fag.
>>
>>69958260
>Weren't Sodom and Gomorrah actually destroyed for their lack of hospitality?

yes. Ezekiel said they didn't help the poor and needy.

So, basically, smug lazy rich people

the sort of people most of the posters here idolize
>>
>>69950541
This is simply the consequence of Reagan and his ilk making a deal with the devil to bring social conservatives into the GOP. You NEED to pander to the batshit crazy people like evangelical voters and /pol/ to win as a Republican. However, voters in aggregate are increasingly secular and are turned off by hardline stances on social issues. Now the party is stuck between a rock and a hard place with a shrinking base and Trump looking to fuck over the entire establishment of old rich people who can't afford to pander to stupid hicks anymore.

tl;dr - get fucked GOP. Reap what you sow, etc.
>>
>>69958260
>>69951046

public promotion of homosexuality has accompanied national decline and collapse throughout history

today is no exception
>>
>>69950541
So glad I'm not a conservative. I just can't believe the GOP has fucked themselves so blindly. It was apparent starting with Obama-san in 2008. They just could not keep it together.

That sucks too, with the GOP there is no one to stand in the way of the establishment withing the Democratic party which is an NWO jew nation party now. Their goal is to basically fuck everything up and make it illegal to be a white male. Now after this election no one can challenge them. We are the ones who are fucking doomed.
>>
>>69958409

>Behold this was the iniquity of Sodom thy sister, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance, and the idleness of her, and of her daughters: and they did not put forth their hand to the needy, and to the poor.

Basically they didn't give all their rich farmland to the Jews. There is a fun section of the Bible where God tells them that they should go to a city, proclaim peaceful intention, and demand that it surrender to you. Then you'll get the children and women to have fun with.

Love that Bible.
>>
>>69950541
Just get marriage out of government, especially with tax breaks, then let fags make their own churches and get married
>>
>>69958409

How do most people here idolize them?
>>
>>69958409
And Jesus was even clear about it:
>And IF ANYONE WILL NOT RECEIVE YOU or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet as you leave that house or town. Truly, I say to you, IT SHALL BE MORE TOLERABLE ON THE DAY OF JUDGMENT FOR THE LAND OF SODOM AND GOMORRAH THAN FOR THAT TOWN.
>>
>>69958606

>When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it.

>And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be that all the people that is found therein shall be tributaries unto thee, and they shall serve thee.

>the women, and the little ones, shalt thou take unto thyself and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine

>But of the cities of these people, which the Lord thy God doth give thee for an inheritance

(if they say no, I won't be your slave)

>thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth: But thou shalt utterly destroy them!
>>
>>69958429
Hey buddy, don't pretend the GOP isn't NWO jew shit too.
>>
File: whiteknight.jpg (487 KB, 1086x1080) Image search: [Google]
whiteknight.jpg
487 KB, 1086x1080
>>69950541

No, they're becoming more conservative.

Gay rights are a Christfag issue. The conservative elements in the Republican party have been far too long oppressed by Christfags.

The same with abortion. Being pro-abortion is conservative.
>>
>>69958619
this, it's the only solution. Stop recognizing marriage at all government wise. No tax breaks. No social security benefits. Fuck it, everyone is an individual now.
>>
If being gay is genetic, shouldn't have all the gay genes been breed out by now? Or is it because gays have been faking being straight passed on the gene? Or is it just a combination of some genes that produce it?

I have always wondered this, but have no idea where to look for an answer.
>>
>>69959174
Google. I don't know why the fuck you'd expect /pol/ to provide anything other than some fucking retarded "red pill" answer.
>>
>>69958396
there is no law saying gays can marry

scotus said there should be

scotus can't do that
>>
>>69958423
don't be retarded

if reagan didn't pander to them, they would have formed their own party

these people aren't going away
>>
>>69958184

Gays already complained about that, and they will continue to complain even though they fuck everything gay that moves.
>>
>>69959174
I'm guessing it's partly gays having to pass as straight in the pass, some genetic factors more complicated than a single gay gene and as such hard to breed out, and just environmental factors.
>>
File: 1441348076151.jpg (50 KB, 410x397) Image search: [Google]
1441348076151.jpg
50 KB, 410x397
Fucking remove that horseshit from the party platform, it's a solved fucking issue who gives a fuck?
>>
>>69959257

Well, there are some generally good responses on /pol/. And if someone had a good response then that can be used as a starting point to understand the biology of it.
>>
>>69957558
This, it's a losing issue that only fags care about.

So many votes lost because they can't fuck off from talking about it
>>
>>69959366
Yeah, but they didn't because the GOP adopted God. Now God is skullfucking the maggot-infested eye socket of "fiscal conservatism" with its 1800's social views and there's nothing the party can do besides hope gerrymandering and voter suppression will continue to overcome an ever-shrinking base.
>>
File: VIPER tech support.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
VIPER tech support.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
>>69956931
Barry Goldwater was 5000000% right, these dumb Christcucks will be the death of the party.

You know what should be done? Remove all mention of marriage from the party platform. Don't even give the issue any oxygen. Let the issue just fade into obscurity.
>>
File: rza.jpg (44 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
rza.jpg
44 KB, 640x360
>giving a fuck about faggots giving each other rings and passing inheritance without a death tax

shiggy diggy
>>
File: 1443773443870.jpg (43 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1443773443870.jpg
43 KB, 600x600
>>69960176
MUHHHHHHH JJJJJJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>69960176
I literally couldn't care less
>>
File: 1415507559046.gif (818 KB, 255x231) Image search: [Google]
1415507559046.gif
818 KB, 255x231
>still arguing about this shit

Christcucks are going to be the death of the GOP
>>
>>69959955
Fiscal conservatism did more to destroy the party than social conservatism because of free trade agreements and open borders to hire cheap labor. Just so happens that 75% of those immigrants now vote liberal.
>>
>>69950541

Anyone else think this guy looks like Rubio with a receding hairline?
>>
If Trump keeps pandering to these fucking idiots it's going to cost him the elections

Pro-Weed
Pro-Choice
Pro-Gay rights

It's really simple. If you have a problem with the above, you're closer to Islam than you are to a Patriot.
>>
>>69954528

lmao if it got through when scalia's on the court what do you think gonna happen when he gets replaced by even the most moderate pick?

and republicans don't have the willpower or numbers to overturn a supreme court ruling via amendment
>>
>>69960748
Traditional fiscal conservatism is more focused on muh deficit and shit, not free trade. That was brought in during the 80s and 90s (along with the social conservatism.)
>>
>>69960744
If they argue about this horseshit and nominate Cruz, I'll be laughing when Shillary wins, floods the countries with spics and makes it so no conservative person can ever hold the office again.

Soon it won't even be fag marriage that we have to worry about, soon it'll just be tranny bullshit. Abortion on demand. Gays can now not only marry, but marry multiple partners.

They'll be longing for the days when it was only fag marriage they had to worry about.

They will have brought their own destruction upon themselves with this.

>>69960988
I honestly hope Trump goes Pro-Weed that way shillary kills herself on stage.
>>
When the supreme court ruling happened, I saw it as a god send to the republican party. Finally these idiots can stop crippling themselves over such a nonsensical issue, and here the fucking retards go again trying to fuck it up. The snowball has been rolling downhill for sometime now, we will never go back to a time of straight only marriage. Christfags need to suck it up and move on with their lives, because they wont ever win another election with the anti gay stance.
>>
>>69960748
That is definitely a valid point. I don't know if immigration was more destructive than social conservatism though. Non-whites definitely vote democrat as a whole but the gay rights / abortion stuff is turning off a ton of moderates and blue-collar Democrats who might've voted Republican on economic issues.

Either way, we can agree that the GOP is fucked.
>>
>>69961211
>flooding the country with spics
>non conservative
They may all be rapists and criminals, but are you implying that they aren't actually conservative?
>>
>>69961567
They will vote Democrat, the Democratic Party has done such a good job infiltrating the hispanic community that they convinced generations of them that Republicans are literally hitler.
>>
>>69961364
Nonsense, it is social conservatism that leads to fiscal conservatism.

The reason capitalism was able to work so well was because you had traditional nuclear families as well as tight knit communities that supported each other during hard times.

With the increase in sexual freedom, you have seen a disintegration of the family. Do you really think single moms, blacks, and Mexicans will start voting GOP simply if the GOP switches to social liberalism? Why would they do that when they can get social liberalism + gibs from the Democrat party?
>>
>>69961725
This. If the GOP abandoned social conservatism they still wouldn't be able to win over minority voters without dem gubamint programz.
>>
>>69961725
>The reason capitalism was able to work so well was because you had traditional nuclear families as well as tight knit communities that supported each other during hard times.

This is true. Capital is currently liquidating those relationships though. Conservatives need to drop their religious devotion to it if they really want to promote their values.
>>
>>69959283
There is no law now saying that gays can't marry.
>>
File: oliver-north-1987.jpg (173 KB, 1200x1506) Image search: [Google]
oliver-north-1987.jpg
173 KB, 1200x1506
>>69959283
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Protection_Clause
>>
File: 1336855156633.png (256 KB, 677x782) Image search: [Google]
1336855156633.png
256 KB, 677x782
>>69962048
>>69961725
The all is already lost.
A Trump presidency will only stall the eventual outcome.
Maybe I should get serious about immigrating. I have an uncle in Kuwait and relatives in Dubai. maybe I could go there.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.