[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Donald Trump policy thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 12
File: 1449384010530.jpg (90 KB, 594x549) Image search: [Google]
1449384010530.jpg
90 KB, 594x549
I've been lurking for a while and I've noticed there's a lot of confusion, falsehoods, and possibly blatant shilling when it comes to Donald Trump's policies, ideology, and decision making.
I am starting this thread to help clear up some misconceptions that /pol/ seems to be having. This is particularly aimed at European posters because I see a lot of misinformed posting coming from them about Donald Trump.
This may be already known to those reading, but this thread is intended to be educational in nature.

Lets Begin

Here is Donald Trump on the issues:

>The Wall
>"Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico [Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options]. We will not be taken advantage of anymore."
>http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2015/08/16/donald_trump_on_immigration_build_border_fence_make_mexico_pay_for_it.html
In other words, if the Mexican government isn't going to assist in the construction of our border which their citizens are coming illegally, their citizens coming here legally and those here legally will be punished. This is intended for the Mexican government to take responsibility for their illegal citizens as well as look out for the interests of their citizens here legally.
>>
>Immigration
Donald Trump believes that ILLEGAL (keyword) should be stopped. Donald Trump believes in the American dream where someone from abroad can come to the USA to make something of themselves. In essence his goal is to deport people here illegally. This make an example out of those who did things illegally. However he plans on making it easier to immigrate & find work in the USA if you're coming from abroad.

>Guns
Donald Trump is very pro 2nd amendment. He believes that guns are necessary in the fight on crime. He believes that conceal carry permits should be valid for all 50 states. "The right of self-defense doesn't stop at the end of your driveway. That's why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states,"
>http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/03/politics/donald-trump-oregon-shooting-armed-teachers/
>>
>Israel
Here's where this board gets stumped often. Trump is pro-Israel and has been since day one. He has always held big Ben in high regard and he's done nothing but wanted Israel's support. The problem is that Israel wants to control the US President. Donald Trump does not want to be controlled. You can often find him saying something along the lines of, "I want Israel's support, but I don't want your money." Then he proceeds to talk trash about how Jeb & Shillary are controlled opposition. But make no mistake, Donald Trump fully supports Israel, their state, and their alliance with the USA.
>>
File: 1459010739639.png (128 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1459010739639.png
128 KB, 1200x1200
>>
>ISIS
For all the isolationists on the board, you're not going to get it with this election. Gary Johnson has no chance. Just stop right there. Donald Trump however is the next closest thing. All he wants to do is bomb the living fuck out of them. Make our military stronger so no one will want to think about attacking the USA. Donald Trump has considered putting soldiers on the group in Syria to fight ISIS, but his main point is that he wants other nations in the Middle East to help out instead of being "moderate."

>Foreign Security
Donald Trump believes that other nations shouldn't get their "free ride" anymore when it comes to security. He's complained that Saudi Arabia & South Korea have relied on us for too long without any compensation for the security we provide their nations. European countries will probably not provide compensation and thus they'll get shafted by the deal maker.
>>
>Healthcare
Here's where a lot of you may start to cringe. Donald Trump is pro-single payer healthcare. His opinion is formed however on taking care of our people instead of, muh rich white CEOs.
>http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/28/trump-pushes-single-payer-healthcare-tax-increase-on-wealthy/
According to this article, it seems kind of confusing about how he will implement healthcare in the USA. So far there's really not many details about it except that he will repeal Obamacare.

>Jobs
Donald Trump grew up in the 50's when American manufacturing was the cornerstone of the American economy. He wants to return to this era. People didn't have to go to college out of high school. They could work in a factory or go to trade school. One of his primary positions this election is to bring jobs home from Mexico, China, Pakistan and basically every other sweatshop country.
>>
File: Trump tax plan.png (27 KB, 588x250) Image search: [Google]
Trump tax plan.png
27 KB, 588x250
>Tax plan
Pic related
Directly from his website:
>If you are single and earn less than $25,000, or married and jointly earn less than $50,000, you will not owe any income tax. That removes nearly 75 million households – over 50% – from the income tax rolls. They get a new one page form to send the IRS saying, “I win,” those who would otherwise owe income taxes will save an average of nearly $1,000 each.
>All other Americans will get a simpler tax code with four brackets – 0%, 10%, 20% and 25% – instead of the current seven. This new tax code eliminates the marriage penalty and the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) while providing the lowest tax rate since before World War II.
>No business of any size, from a Fortune 500 to a mom and pop shop to a freelancer living job to job, will pay more than 15% of their business income in taxes. This lower rate makes corporate inversions unnecessary by making America’s tax rate one of the best in the world.
>No family will have to pay the death tax. You earned and saved that money for your family, not the government. You paid taxes on it when you earned it.

cont.
>>
>>69880367
bretty gud
>>
File: Trump tax effect.png (72 KB, 670x595) Image search: [Google]
Trump tax effect.png
72 KB, 670x595
>>69880367

>Tax Plan

The Trump tax cuts are fully paid for by:
>Reducing or eliminating most deductions and loopholes available to the very rich.
>A one-time deemed repatriation of corporate cash held overseas at a significantly discounted 10% tax rate, followed by an end to the deferral of taxes on corporate income earned abroad.
>Reducing or eliminating corporate loopholes that cater to special interests, as well as deductions made unnecessary or redundant by the new lower tax rate on corporations and business income. We will also phase in a reasonable cap on the deductibility of business interest expenses.
>https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/tax-reform

The goals of the tax plan is to make things simple. When the average citizens hears the word taxes, their heads spin and then they just turn on the TV. Trump wants to make his country great again. Making the tax code easier to understand for the citizens will better help them in the future.
If anyone has paid attention to this election you would know that Donald Trump HATES special interests. He wants them out of politics for the good of the country.

For a further in-depth read, go to:
http://taxfoundation.org/article/details-and-analysis-donald-trump-s-tax-plan
pic related
>>
>>69879874
You fucked up the healthcare explanation, leaving out the part where he allows plans to be sold across state line to increase competition, and also where he allows lower cost foreign drugs to be sold in the US, both increasing competition and American access to healthcare. Go on his website where he lays out his positions.
>>
File: nige.jpg (34 KB, 620x310) Image search: [Google]
nige.jpg
34 KB, 620x310
>>69878917
You are a janitor.

Fuck off.
>>
>>69878917
Who cares? He can't beat Hillary anyway.
>>
>>69880663
Thank you anon.

>Education
If there has ever been a scene in TV history that accurate describes Donald Trump's feeling on the United States, it's this.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zqOYBabXmA
The HBO show is good but definitely has a left-wing bias.
He intends to slash Common Core as well as decimate the Department of Education as well as rumored to maybe wanting to abolish this division. He wants to end the government profiting from the current student loan crisis. He plans on making colleges and schools compete with one another.
>>
Bumping for quality thread.
>>
Good thread desu, have a bump.
>>
File: Trump-The-Wall-CD.png (772 KB, 706x713) Image search: [Google]
Trump-The-Wall-CD.png
772 KB, 706x713
Donald Trump is a spunky sheila
>>
File: phil_english_250.jpg (67 KB, 250x376) Image search: [Google]
phil_english_250.jpg
67 KB, 250x376
>>69880546
>http://taxfoundation.org/article/details-and-analysis-donald-trump-s-tax-plan
>>
>>69878917
Most of the misinfo comes from when he says something slightly suggestive to appease some redneck retards somewhere and then the media blows it out of proportion.
>>
Does the Mexican government even care about Mexicans who immigrate legally?
>>
We need more Trump.
>>
>>69881714
But I thought trump always said what he means? You're telling me he panders based on his audience?
>>
>>69878917

what about internet censorship?
>>
>>69879179
you just lost Trump the campaign my nigger
>>
>>69880367
10% on 25,000?
whats the poverty line?
>>
>Internet
Make no mistake. Donald Trump will have serious impact on the Internet. Whether good or bad is up to your interpretation of good & bad. Donald Trump seeks to end "ISIS recruitment" on the internet.

>>69881933
“To ask the U.S. to create a firewall that restricts access to certain pre-approved content is akin to what China has done with its ‘great firewall,’” he said. “That’s not a direction the U.S. should be taking. The way to respond to the threat presented by ISIS is with more democracy not less, more openness, not censorship.”
>http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/08/dear-donald-trump-only-despots-close-up-the-internet.html
>>
>>69882141
25,000-2500=22,500
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 1000x736) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 1000x736
>>69880546

>Trump's tax plan is revenue-neutral

It's not quite, but it's close enough. I WISH he would explain or defend this part of his plan, because it's actually fucking good. The federal government returns $1.6 trillion of income tax revenues in the form of subsidies, exemptions, and loopholes, and ~$1 trillion is returned to people earning more than $200,000 per year. Trump does away with these "tax expenditures" (a confusing term) almost entirely, which is why he can slash rates the way he does.

TL;DR
>Right now, the Feds take in $4 trillion in income tax and return $1.6 trillion to certain people, leaving net revenue of $2.4 trillion
>Trump's tax plan slashes rates and cuts out the government meddling, taking in ~$2.3 trillion evenly and not letting anyone wiggle out of their taxes because of who they are or who they know
>>
>>69882197

cool, gotta love authoritarian governments
>>
File: Career Banking Shill.png (101 KB, 623x837) Image search: [Google]
Career Banking Shill.png
101 KB, 623x837
This is OP.
I hope I helped out. I really encourage people here to go out and look at what EVERY politician says and what they're going to do.
I have to run to work.
Have a good day anons.
>>
File: 1459614925612.gif (126 KB, 473x235) Image search: [Google]
1459614925612.gif
126 KB, 473x235
>>69880367
>No family will have to pay the death tax. You earned and saved that money for your family, not the government. You paid taxes on it when you earned it.
>>
>>69882530
so most ppl wont pay the $2,500 and billionaires wont pay the 25,000,000?

sounds fair
>>
>>69882530
I thought nobody except the richest of the richest payed estate tax in the US

Here almost everybody does
>>
will the revenue shortage raise the debt?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.