[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skip college to start a business?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: Elon_Musk_2015.jpg (282 KB, 1011x1484) Image search: [Google]
Elon_Musk_2015.jpg
282 KB, 1011x1484
I need approximately 15 reasons why it's a bad idea, /pol/.
>>
1) Do you have the money
2) Do you have the product
3) Do you have the clients
4) Do you have any experience with business management
5) Do you have good credit
6) Do you have original ideas
7) Do you have a way to turn those into profit
8) Do you have any experience with personnel management
9) Do you know how to promote
10) Do you know how to distribute
11) Are you versed in the legality of running a business
12) Do you have any real money-management skills
13) Do you have an experience with working at all
14) Do you have a work ethic
15) Are you currently in highschool

If you answered No to any of those questions don't do it. Most businesses fail in their first year and it is the fastest way to get into debt short of a drug habit.
>>
File: 1459425055007.jpg (121 KB, 688x820) Image search: [Google]
1459425055007.jpg
121 KB, 688x820
>>69809392
While you have heard of the college dropouts that become wildly successful, you probably don't hear about the overwhelming majority that don't. You're not bill gates or mark kikerburg. Those people weren't successful because they dropped out, they were successful in spite of it. There's an intellectually elite minority in this country that will be successful no matter what they do and where they are, and you're most likely not part of it.
>>
File: mfw coffee meh ger2.png (103 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
mfw coffee meh ger2.png
103 KB, 600x600
>>69809392
How are the jews supposed to make you a dept slave if you refuse to sell your soul for a worthless degree?
>>
>>69809392
1/100000000 chance of becomming successful
>>
>>69809392
Unless you are already wealthy, you'll need to take a massive loan out from a bank. You'll be in debt forever.
>>
>>69809800
>are you in high school
>Do you have good credit

Who can answer yes to both exactly?
>>
>>69809884
What's with the empty space?
>>
>>69809392
Have you started that business of yours already and does it have a chance to succeed?

if the answer to that question is NO, then WTF are we talking about?
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 625x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 625x427
>>69809800
If you answered No to any of those questions, you should go out and make those answers Yes. Don't listen to people who are trying to bring you down. This whol experience will make you so much stronger from a young age, you will learn much more than in college. And if you are successful (even if you arent too) you can always go to college later.
>>
>>69809800
Half that shit can be improvised and the other half can be found in the books, you should've just had 1 reason and made it "luck".
>>
>>69809392
This thread is not politics related.
>>
I did it and failed. Just know the success rate would be better if you dropped a mixtape
>>
>>69809392
Can you afford to DO IT FOR FREE 18 hours a day for 7days a week 1-2 years?
>>
>>69810160
Ethiopia.

Italians got BTFO
>>
>>69810160
Ethiopia
>>
isn't there a whole board dedicated to business and finance? I wonder...
>>
>>69809392

>OP talks about skipping college to start a successful business
>posts pic of Elon Musk who has Bachelors degrees in physics and economics

I think you need to think this through, OP.
>>
File: 1459407072177.jpg (86 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1459407072177.jpg
86 KB, 480x480
i dropped out at 16 and took over my parents restaurant

now i am 20 and make 150-200k a year running it
>>
>>69812154
>Inheriting a business is the same as starting one
>>
>>69809392
Numbers. 90% of start-ups fail within 5 years. So unless you have the next hotness for tech, service, whatever, chances are you'll be treading water until you end up with the same debt as college grads, minus the degree that gets the grads higher pay-rates.
>>
1. you may never learn what gender you are
2. you may never check your privilege
>>
>>69809392
You need mentorship. Do you have people who have done what you want to do and can guide you? You will most likely be better off in the long run to invest the money you would pay for school into the market
>>
>>69812678
>Start ups
Why not a self employed contractor?
>>
>>69809392

What do you want to do?
>>
>>69812970
That wasn't the question. Reading comprehension.
>>
>>69809392

I can think of only four reasons why you should go to college first:

1) Learn what you need to run the business. This is rather overrated to say the least, when you consider that you lose 4+ years and tens of thousands of dollars to do it.
2) Obtain professional qualifications that require a college degree that are legally required to work in a certain field
3) Network with like minded individuals. Musk would probably just be a successful engineer without the network he built at school.
4) Get a better job with your college degree to make more money to fund your business. This is fairly questionable.
>>
>>69809392
it's easy to get laid in college
>>
>>69813065
When you're self employed you're still running a business. Just because that business operates at your house and you're the only employee doesn't mean it's somehow not an "actual" business.
>>
>>69809392
You will be much better off getting your degree first. It also gives you a good amount of time to develop your product, make connections, etc. What more if things ever completely fail like 90% of startups do you'll have a fallback option.
>>
>>69813304
If the question said "independent contractor," then it would have been applicable. "start a business" implies doing just that.

They're obviously not mutually-exclusive, but the keywords are ... key, lol.
>>
>>69813260
RE: point 1 ... game is definitely stacked against Joe 18-year-old with no significant bankroll to start. The loans alone are a motherfucker.

RE: point 3 ... that's another advantage that happens over the course of one's life, usually not available to said Joe 18-year-old. College can be a great springboard for networking, definitely.

Basically, unless you're Mitt Romney as an 18-year-old, it tends to be a mountain-grade uphill battle.

There are exceptions though ... depending upon market demand and lack of supply in local areas, and such.
>>
>>69809392
go to school part time and start a business. Whatever you end up having the most luck with, stick with it
>>
Going to college was the biggest mistake of my life. I own a business that I ran before, during and after college. College is for wage cuck losers who could never run a business; so don't ask them for advice on why college is a good/bad idea, because they actually believe it is a good idea.
>>
>>69809392
If you go to college you will never really be successful. If you start a business you might be.
>>
File: hunter-screen-shot.jpg (53 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
hunter-screen-shot.jpg
53 KB, 620x412
>>69809392
1)You're not Musk, Zuckerberg, Gates or Jobs x 15
>>
>>69809392
Everyone who quit college to work on a business already have a proof of concept that something is working and/or worked on a project that's blowing up and needs their full attention for them to foster and grow.

Unless you're already successful, going to get a piece of paper will be far more useful.

Either way, you can plan out your stuff on the side and work on the small scale while you're in college if you're dedicated enough.
>>
>>69809392

it's a great idea

I dropped out; now I'm making 6 figures
>>
>>69810138
Rich kids
>>
>>69811234
How do you improvise money or find it in a book?
>>
>>69812154
So basically you did nothing.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.