[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prove to me that our universe isn't just a advanced computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: images(3).jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
images(3).jpg
20 KB, 480x360
Prove to me that our universe isn't just a advanced computer simulation.
Our universe follows reasonably arbitrary laws that can be tested at any time (I can for instance, prove right now that gravity exists by letting a object fall on the ground).
Given that we can already simulate entire cities and civilizations in computer videogames why couldn't we say that our own universe is a simulation?
There are nothing we can use as a test to prove that a god exists and if we simply follow the concept that everything is just a simulation than we don't have to explain where the tiny confined universe that expanded in all directions long ago came to existence in the first place.

Nothing really matters, we're way more insignificant than we think.

Funny thing is, the aliens who created this universe could be inside a simulation as well; and a god, creator of the one REAL universe could potentially exist.
>>
>>74079788
10 / 0 = ?

???

Well, we're still here, guess the universe is not a computer
>>
There isn't a single computer that could possibly harness the overwhelming faggotry you possess.
>>
>>74080394
I guess I can say the same for your incapacity to post something useful.
>>
>>74079788
I can't because i believe that too. IT engineer here.
God/deity probably exists but he/she/it IS NOT like people think. He just may be a fucking scientist or a neet. We all live in a computer game.
>>
>>74081047
And he is playing a SIMS game.
>>
Convince me it is meaningful to think about. What if I'm a swan but just shaped like a human? Does it matter?
>>
>>74081047
So what happens when we die, if we were in a simulation? And if this was a simulation, why wouldn't we have awesome lifes? Can't we just simulate awesome lifes for ourselves before we enter the simulation?
>>
>>74079788
>prove we aren't a simulation

Easy. For what purpose would anyone want to simulate this?

Have we ever witnessed 'glitches' or 'bugs' in our laws of physics and math? Have the designers ever manipulated the simulation or made alterations? Never. It's perfect. No designed simulation can be faultless.
>>
>>74079788
Prove to me that the Universe wasn't created last Thursday

>protip: you can't

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Last_Thursdayism
>>
>>74081047
I'm talking about an alien race that created this simulation.
Now wether or not this alien race is also living inside a simulation we could never explain since we're imprisoned in this universe's perspective.
But a god's existence could be possible in the highest layer: the reality layer where the most advanced alien race exists and a divine entity created them.
>>
>>74081398
Why does the game SimCity allow simulated citizens to be rich or poor? Or die?
>>
>>74082190
why do videogames have winners and losers?
>>
>>74081691
The thing is, this theory can be proven within the computer simulation theory: a universe simulated by a computer can be initialized from any given date in the timeline.
>>
>>74081675
Actually, you could describe the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle as a glitch, and the disparity between General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics could be just the developer, whatever he/she/it may be, cutting corners.
>>
>>74082425
>can be proven
>cannot be disproven

They're not the same thing monkey
>>
>>74082585
Thanks for the grammar class Ahmed.
>>
>>74079788
>waaa waaa waaa it isnt weaaaal
I think, therefore I am. And I think I'm going to enjoy existence while you waste your chance by moaning about the possibility that it's all a lie.
>>
>>74082761
You're accepting something as fact because it cannot be disproven, that's retarded
>>
>>74082963
Isn't that the whole concept of science?
>>
>>74079788
The amount of data that exists couldn't be run on a computer. To keep track of every grain of sand, the oceans, all creatures, and celestial bodies: Their motions, actions, etc. is a vast amount of data. Far too great to store it in some binary, or be processed by some chip. In order to track each think would take more data than just making that thing.

For example, an atom has multiple properties: X, y, z position, x, y, z velocity, number of protons, neutrons, and electrons, and a weight. The precision on the x,y,z is astronomical (literally) but let's just assume it's a floating point. Atomic number can be in chars since they don't go that high, and weight we'll make another float.

Now that's not all the properties of an atom, but even with that limited model, we have 32*3+32*3+8*3+32=248 bits of data. The theoretical limit on a transistor is 6 atoms wide or something like that, so that's 1500 atoms needed to represent 1 atom barely.

The interaction of all atoms in the universe is the number of atoms factorial... An impossible number to process. Due to the theory of Turing machines, there is no more powerful model of computation than our current computer.

Essential, we can't be a simulation if the computer we are run on is based on the same rules and concepts of our own reality. If they weren't, and the computer stimulating us is on some higher plane of existence, with different laws of reality, but was still able to store and process all of the data in the universe, I would say that makes this a real reality. What difference does it make of the atoms in this world just exist, or were manufactured as a part of a great computer?
>>
File: funny (3).jpg (37 KB, 217x304) Image search: [Google]
funny (3).jpg
37 KB, 217x304
>>74083148
>>74082963
>>74082761
>>74082445
>>74082425
>>74081691
The universe is infnite, everything can happen, end of story, stop arguing cucks
>>
>>74083254
>Duhh cease this discourse!
>>
>>74079788

its the end of days i wont be suprised if god made it look like a simulation
>>
>>74083148
Do you have the mind of a child? Science is based on what can be proven and not what can't be disproven. Every religion would be considered fact. I could say that your dead ancestors' spirits are taking turns sucking my dead grandad's cock and you'd have to take it as fact with your retarded line of thinking.
>>
>>74083148
Then why don't you accept last thursdayism as fact, you cannot disprove it
>>
File: 1456173030876.gif (2 MB, 308x279) Image search: [Google]
1456173030876.gif
2 MB, 308x279
>tfw you're a bunch of elements arranged into a specific order that somehow gained self awareness
Maybe life is no more special than any other arrangement of matter in the universe
>>
>>74083723
That's like saying a random assortment of letters is as special as the works of Shakespeare
>>
>>74081691
Data is built up. It starts as nothing and grows. It doesn't make sense that everything and it's configurations popped into reality last Thursday.
>>
>>74083723
But if the the infnite universe gets infnite amount of time, isn't it 100% that we will eventually go back to our atoms specific consciousness order, even if it takes trillions or maybe even gogoplex number of years.
>>
>>74081245
Kek
You are a besutiful swan, anon
>>
>>74083870
It's all falsified to look that way
>>
>>74083900

When you're measuring time with an infinite limit, you are better off saying that time does not exist and can't be quantified within measure.

If you lived forever and your life expecrancy was infinite, you would not be able to measure time as you lived outside of it and it didn't affect you. This would place you in the realm of non-existence, your life measured not by how long you live but by the chance it even existed.

Infinity is nothing, which is why it can't be measured.

There is no chance that our consciousness even exists as the universe and all it's components are infinite, yet unreal.

We do not exist and will never exist, yet we do. Our consciousness is immortal yet dead.
>>
>>74084579
You're waffling bollocks mate, remove head from arse
>>
>>74079788
reminds me of the movie the matrix!
>>
the existence of irrational numbers
>>
>>74084579
That sounds like a load of horseshit. Where the hell did you get the idea that if something is infinite, it can't be measured? Real numbers are infinite, but I can measure the difference between 1 and 10. There is an uncountabilty infinite number of decimals between any two numbers, but I can tell you the difference between 2.25 and 3.45
>>
>>74084830

It's a plausible theory, think harder.
>>
As someone who frequently travels outside of the universe, I can tell you that it's no simulation and it's much more than you can imagine.
>>
>>74084988

That is countable infinity, Vsauce.

I'm talking true infinity, the infinity of time and space. Not fucking decimal points or fractions of an equation.
>>
>>74081047
>There is a fu ker micromanaging everything like a korean playing starcraft + sims + civ
>he is doing what we would all do: making the sbit countries wage war within themselves so his preferred ones win
>>
>>74085089

You travel outside of it every time you eat a meal, you fat bastard.
>>
>>74079951
First post mathematically proven best post.
>>
>>74085198
oi, m8, u wanna ave a go?
>>
>>74085240

U cudnt fukn win m8 id hav u in a headlock inside 5 seconds u dare cum round my way ill nock ur teeth from ur gums u ugly runt cunt
>>
File: 1462260474581.jpg (198 KB, 1900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1462260474581.jpg
198 KB, 1900x1200
no. nothing really does matter.

but, when you get past the inevitable depression (and don't kill yourself), you will see the true beauty that lies behind that statement and equally how pointless it is to ask if this is a simulation.
>>
>>74085198
Keked hard
>>
>>74079788
Computers are likely not universal. They're only in your vocabulary because you live in a time and place where you can MMO. Doesnt mean the real world is an MMO too. Dont limit youself by thinking so locally.
>>
>>74085486

I just hope they code in a qt3.14 cyber slut
>>
>>74085684

Tell that to your countrymen.

>muslims in stockholm
>sweden YES
>they not in my town
>is okay
>oh they in my town now
>atleast not in my street
>oh in my street now
>atleast not in my home
>in my home now
>is okay atleast not in my bedroom
>ahmed was to fuck my wife last night
>is okay atleast ahmed not in my asshole just wifes
>ahmed took my bum away for fun
>damn should have stopped them in stockholm
>>
>>74083224
The alien race could have simply created a universe with such a advanced computer that could store huge ammounts of data but it's not infinite, as we know the universe is constantly expanding and we say it's infinite because we could never reach the end since it's always growing in all directions; also, because we know it was all compressed in a small space before quickly expanding so, why can't we just say thar once the simulation runs out of storage it either ends it's existence or starts compressing again?

>>74083587
Because like I said before, it can coexist within the computer simulation theory.

>>74083582
I remember my physics teacher explaining the difference between science and religion, sorry I fucked up.
>>
>>74085116
>Set of real numbers between two numbers
>Countably infinite

Educate yourself:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncountable_set
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/UncountablyInfinite.html
>>
>>74083582
Also, this theory can be somewhat proven like I said in the first post, by the fact that our universe follows laws that work and can be proved every time and the fact that this universe follows a process of constant expansion which could theoretically occur backwards (so data could be compressed and the cycle would continue without the need of shutting down the simulation).
>>
>>74085089

explain more please
>>
>>74083854
It is, though.
>>
>>74085198

tep kok
>>
>>74083224
There's no reason every atom would have to be calculated with the precision. Indeed atomic phenomena don't even have some properties until they are measured, in which case they are determined probabilistically.

Look at Elite Dangerous. You can visit hundreds of billions of planets, but does each one have to be calculated precisely? No. They are generated at various levels of detail as they are explored through fractal algorithms.

Every thunderstorm does not have to be simulated precisely. Many thunderstorms look very much like one another. All that is needed are some basic parameters about what a thunderstorm is and some fractal generation and probabilistic determination.
>>
If the universe is a simulation, why does the speed of light exist as it does? In the real universe, reality is built from the ground up, from the concept of "be" to a complex whole with every measured constant and important spatial value mathematically significant. The speed of light is not mathematically significant. It's an arbitrary, random value that divides the universe into Planck lengths and Planck times like a computer into pixels. Logically, there is no reason for a speed of light to exist and in reality (the world the universe is simulated in), there are no speed limits, pixels or FPS like we have here.

This universe is a simulation, likely meant to represent the real world and those who created it are probably living in a civilization originating from some planet circling a star, just like us.
>>
>>74089699
Sure, you could optimize in thousands of way, but the amount of data and interactions are computationally indefeasible based on computers from this reality, no matter how big or fast you make them. All I'm saying is that the limitations suggest something superior than binary data on a machine.
>>
>>74090623
Quantum computing is a thing now. It is capable of assuming 0 1 or both as values.
This technology is going to be used in massive data analysis.
>>
>>74091495
No. Quantum computers are just a buzzword. They are based on a technology few have any understanding of (quantum theory) and therefore are perfect devices to make insane claims. Quantum computers excel at probabilistic problems, or even brute force problems, but they can't reduce the complexity class of a NP-Hard problem.
>>
>>74089699

i think you meant No mans Sky here
>>
File: 1459476575129.jpg (43 KB, 576x521) Image search: [Google]
1459476575129.jpg
43 KB, 576x521
>universe is a computer simulation
>it's JIT compiled
>>
>>74091944
I'm not from the technology field. I'm a medicine student could you explain further?
I like technology I just don't like it's working field.

By the way haven't the news said that quantum computing is going to be used to work with insane amounts of data?

As far as I know Schrödinger's cat theory is related to quantum physics we could say a 0 state (the cat is dead) or 1 (alive) or both 1 and 0 are all possible answers.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.