[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are now aware that tabletop gaming is racist http://lat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: 1364796796943.jpg (43 KB, 528x462) Image search: [Google]
1364796796943.jpg
43 KB, 528x462
You are now aware that tabletop gaming is racist

http://latining.tumblr.com/post/141567276944/tabletop-gaming-has-a-white-male-terrorism-problem

>I am a gamer. I followed the call of Cthulhu and ran in the shadows with hackers and shamans. I traversed the ancient lands of Greyhawk, Faerun, and Eberron with companions new and old. I swung from an airship and buckled swash over London for the Kerberos Club. I threw dice and flipped cards and ground men into dust playing table-top wargames. I don’t do that anymore.
>Since July of 2015 fans of the game Malifaux have been attempting to overwhelm me with death and rape threats for no other reason than I am a woman who has opinions on the game. Wyrd Miniatures is silent on this matter and hangs up whenever anyone attempts to discuss the harassment. Given that a large number of threats identify the senders by name as Wyrd staff members, I do not find this surprising.
>Astute readers will note there is no specific provision for internet harassment, although death threats are one of the most prominent and effective ways of driving women and POC from communities. While the topic of online harassment has centred around white women, it is not uncommon for any minority to receive death threats and other forms of intimidation when they express their concerns with the gaming community’s acceptance of racist, sexist, homophobic, and otherwise bigoted behaviour.
>>
>Many men are under the fallacious assumption the police exist to serve and protect the population. They do not. They exist to keep the peace. Often this means intimidating women out of filing reports or pressing charges. I have no idea why this is the case. I only have twenty years of attempting to report gendered violence and having my concerns ignored. This is not a well-kept secret and the terrorists know this. They know that any woman attempting to report harassment or assault faces uphill battle and they count on it.
>The response to the rampant sexual assault in the gaming hobby is predictably misogynistic. Women are expected to train themselves in self-defence and anything less is regarded as “irresponsible” on their part. This attitude is illogical, irrational, and deeply callous as it does not address the basic fact that, by the time a woman is forced to defend herself from sexual assault, a crime has already been committed against her person. Worse, any woman who has defended herself from sexual harassment in the gaming community can tell you that her self-defence was a precursor to ostracism as the men in the community embraced the predator and expelled his victim for “creating drama”. As if the perpetrator of the crime wasn’t responsible for the “drama” in the first place!
>White male terrorism is the white underbelly of the gaming community, meant to terrify and disrupt the lives of those who threaten the status quo by race, gender, or sexuality. It succeeds because the majority of men in the community are too cowardly to stand against the bullies and the terrorists. At best, these cowards ignore the problem. At worst, they join the terrorists in blaming their victims for the abuse. The point of online terrorism is that it is endless, omnipresent, and anonymous.
>>
File: 1372445283961.jpg (407 KB, 593x564) Image search: [Google]
1372445283961.jpg
407 KB, 593x564
>The prominence of white male terrorism in the geek community is obvious to everyone except straight white men. Gamergate, Sad Puppies, and the necessity of the Cosplay is NOT Consent movement, to name just a few, have brought to light the dangerously retrograde ideas espoused by the gaming community. If gamers didn’t think the harassment was justified or warranted, they would speak out against it. That the community and industry as a whole choses to remain silent in the face of widespread public condemnation of its bigotry speaks volumes.
>>
Uh, yes. It is and it's argueably the one place that it belongs. The differences in races are white and black. Cultures are starkly different.

Kind of sumb, don't be surprised when these differences are dissolved. Even in 5th edition, abilities that are usually unique class roles are being dissolved. To be accessible by any player. See lockpicking for example. Soon there will be no distinguishable differences in classes, and wouldn't be surprised if the same will be for playable races. In d&d at least.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160403-082141~2.png (51 KB, 630x390) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160403-082141~2.png
51 KB, 630x390
>>69780958
I'm sure this happened.
>>
>>69781861
listen and believe shitlord
>>
File: 1445061381889.jpg (129 KB, 562x289) Image search: [Google]
1445061381889.jpg
129 KB, 562x289
>>69780958

>X hobby is predominately white men
>this is a problem

ARE WE REALLY AT THE POINT WHERE PEOPLE ARE ASKING FOR QUOTAS IN FUCKING HOBBIES

LIKE GOD DAMN THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE
FUCK
>>
>>69780958
Wargamers are the scum of tabletop, though--it's accurate. They might not be as cringe-inducing as the CCG crowds, but they really are fuck-tards, by and large. LARP and RPGs don't have this problem, and haven't since White Wolf became the 2nd largest in the early nineties through intentional, directed inclusion of women and non-white people.
>>
>>69781861
I have no trouble believing that, at all. Did you ever spend time in the back of game stores, as a teenager? The people doing it think they're making mature jokes, and don't understand that they're emotionally twelve. That is not a difficult scenario to imagine for people who, for instance, ever hung out in a Games Workshop.
>>
this is one of the worst posts I have ever seen on /pol/
>>
>>69781861
Listen and believe you patriarchal shitlord racists rapist.

I don't know why I leave reddit to visit this bastion of microaggressions. Totally triggering.
>>
>>69780958

when did it become vogue to construe social awkwardness as rape

i swear, these upcoming generations have 0 social skills
>>
File: 1416669336193.gif (2 MB, 245x281) Image search: [Google]
1416669336193.gif
2 MB, 245x281
>>69780958
oh my fucking god
>>
>>69780958

It's wrong for white males to gather anywhere.
>>
What is the fucking purpose, what do they want for Christ's sake? If you're interessted in something you'll get accepted in a group of people that shares the same interest as long as you play along and are really interessted or passionate, no mater what, your fucking skin color ou genitalia is irrelevant if you don't bring it up at every goddam occasion.
Boys use to take the piss at each other, they always do, always have been, always will, get used to the banter, it means you're accepted, even if it's dark humour or something offensive, what did you expect from people playing pretend for entire nights on a weekly basis? It's a closed community, with insides jokes that are sometimes out of the social norm and you know what? You should be glad they exists. Because it's becoming rarer, because they put things in perspective, mostly because they aren't part of the norm, they think differently, sometimes they are creative, all of them have a great imagination .
Feminism and social marxism ruin everything by trying to standardize everything with cotas or whatever. Fuck this shit, fuck this gay earth, I'm so fucking tired
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.