[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why couldn't the middle ages last forever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 381x554) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 381x554
I want to be a fucking knight
I want to live in the Europe where only white people lived
Now all we have is technology and lack of purpose
>>
File: image.jpg (202 KB, 554x554) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202 KB, 554x554
>You will never fuck the farmers daughter
>>
>>69762541
Kill yourself, nigger. It was a time of savagery, illiteracy, and barbarism.

>be a fucking knight
Cuck

>only white people lived
Except for, y'know the moors

>Now all we have is technology
Enjoying dying of flu

>lack of purpose
You're supposed to create a purpose for yourself

You were born into the most glorious period of human history and spit in your ancestors faces by refusing the world they created for you.
>>
>You were born into the most glorious period of human history and spit in your ancestors faces by refusing the world they created for you.

It's a good thing our ruling elites are doing as much as they can to destroy everything they did for us.
>>
>>69762541

They removed God. That is the difference.

https://vimeo.com/112655231
>>
>>69762906
Things stop being so glorious around the 2000's. We're living, right now in an age that is past its zenith and we will descend into another savage age.
>>
>>69762736

Get a load of this buffoon.

If this is what you call glorious then you are weak. We have a system of corruption crumbling down around us. Talks of war linger in the wind. People are invading our homelands and we dont even know who they are or where they come from.

Nothing about this is glorious. You are just weak. Shackled by your false securities.
>>
>>69763346
Does this mean we get to crusades and shit?
>>
Do you think that even if we were still in the middle ages the ingenious merchant wouldn't just manage to bring about all the shit that is corroding western civilization?
>>
>>69763412
>talks of war linger in the wind

What kind of faggotry is this
>>
>>69762541
>no indoors plumbing
>no toilet paper
no thanks
>>
>>69762541
You'd be a poor ass peasant not even able to shitpost.
>>
>>69763557
I wouldn't be surprised if the Reconquista 2: Electric Muslimu kicked off before we died of old age.
>>
>>69762541
Do you also want to die at the age of 30?
>>
>>69762587
>farmers and their daughters still exist
>>
>>69763889
>Pablo bothered because plumbing wouldn't exist

Mad because there wouldn't be jobs for your people in the US anymore?
>>
>>69762541
>you will never take up arms in the name of your lord
>you will never rape and pillage a enemy village
>you will never drag a wench out of her home and rape her
>you will never feel the earth shake on the charge of 1000 horses
>you will never be in a spear formation
>you will never bro it up with the m8s you fought life and death with
>you will never diligently rise above your station and earn the mirin of a duke's daughter
just
>>
>>69762541
>larping, the thread

in all seriousness though I would love to time tourist the middle ages.
>>
File: COxGiN9.png (3 MB, 1200x1920) Image search: [Google]
COxGiN9.png
3 MB, 1200x1920
why is it so hard to meet women nowadays?

i wish it was back in the days where we would get arranged marriages with a qt or when it was easy as fuck to court a woman without these feminism bs nowadays
>>
File: WoW Raid.jpg (293 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoW Raid.jpg
293 KB, 1920x1080
>>69764271
You can pretend to do all that in video games at least...
>>
>>69764183
I'm Mexican not Polish m8
If you were making a joke about mexicans doing the low skilled labor in murrika then I have bad news for you: Colombians also migrate to the usa

Poor sudacas, you guys are just completely lost.
>>
>>69762736
Nope, all historical inaccuracy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTWsUvT8nsw

The middle-ages werent perfect, but in a lot of ways people had a much higher quality of life (even peasants) than today and were actually happier.

I wish we could return to feudalism.
>>
>>69762587
She wouldnt have a fucking makeup.
She would stink like a pig.
She would have rotten teeth.
She would have terrible acne.

Princesses masterrace.
>>
>>69762541
>I want to be a fucking knight
lol you would be a fucking peasant m8
Almost all of us would
>>
>>69764538
holy shit, heelvsbabyface browses /pol/! hi, perpetually angry senpai
>>
>>69762541
Warfare definitely was cooler when large scale battles and stabbing eachother personally was a thing, but also a lot more messy.
If I'm going to have to die in a war, I'd rather get shot and bleed out than to get my hamstrings cut and slowly die of thirst among the dead and similiarly afflicted on the battlefield.
>>
>>69764538
>current year
>wow
kek
>>
>>69764141
>>69763961
>>69762736

>read thread
>get medieval feels
>enter thread
>"too smart for you" idiots already commenting, as if we didn't know this bullshit

You're actually pretty stupid, or new, just for commenting this obvious stupidity. Fuck off you fucking idiot.

And yes, I want to live in a time where people gathered in the tavern fire and told spoopy stories of things in the forest. No, we wouldn't be the same lazy, sitting fucks. We'd be raised differently, either training for battle or learning to till the fields. Back then there were no toys. Children were treated as adults pretty early on so they didn't get to become PC tumblrinas by the time they were 20. By 20, you were already a hardened man, unlike today.

Although to be honest, you could only really be a well-armored knight if you were born into nobility. They were like the "1%" of today. So we'd all be peasants.
>>
>>69764844
One doesn't simply grow out of good games.
>>
File: 1430107277290.jpg (120 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1430107277290.jpg
120 KB, 1024x576
>>69764705

Yeah this
>>
>>69764705
>tfw pretty much every male member of my family has been military officers for as long back as we can remember
:^)
>>
>>69764557
We only go there in business ventures to sell our drugs n sheit, and we even use the fence jumping pablitos and pedritos to smuggle our cocaine
>>
>>69762541
Seriously my dude. I'd love nothing more than chilling with my peasant bitch while she makes me some potato and corn stew in our shitty peasant hut.
>>
File: peasants.jpg (61 KB, 600x382) Image search: [Google]
peasants.jpg
61 KB, 600x382
>>69764705
>implying peasant isn't cozy-tier

They worked less per year than we do when you count all the holy days and winter season. They actually had a fair bit of rights and leverage and for the most part ruled themselves as long as they did their jobs properly.
>>
have fun dying in infancy
have fun being a peasant
have fun dying horribly in combat
have fun dying of infection
etc
>>
That's exactly how I feel playing Rust.
>>
>>69762736
I'm pretty sure working ten hours a day for Mr. Shekelgoldsteinberg and accepting degeneracy isn't what they had in mind.
>>
>>69765054
>We only go there in business ventures
I'm sure you do, lad. I'm sure you do.
>>
>>69765142

>hurr durr I'm retarded

That is what you are saying right now
>>
>>69764705
Lol eat shit faggot, my ancestors were Germanic mercs that would settle back in Scotland to retire and hit up the noble bitches.

Literally Guts up in this shit
>>
>>69762541
you're just romanticizing the past
>>
>>69765142
People that didn't die to any of those causes lived just fucking fine.

Also being a peasant wasn't so terrible in some parts of the world.

At least you knew what you lived for back then.
What do you live for now? Cable TV?
>>
>>69763557
Not for another 600 years or so if we are equating our fall with the decline of Rome.
>>
>>69765142
>people don't die anymore
>>
>>69762541
You Keep posting this thread i will Keep posting the same response
>Wanting kangz and quins
FUCKING BOOT LICKER
>>
>>69765427
But Anon, the last crusade happened because the mudslimes were at the gates of Europe. this time, the invaders have already made it through.
>>
>>69764705
What are the odds?
>>
We'd all die and be raped from the Nomadic horsemen.
>>
File: 1386913061846.jpg (522 KB, 1537x742) Image search: [Google]
1386913061846.jpg
522 KB, 1537x742
Old European knights were nothing like their folklore, they were literally just roving mercenaries ready to fuck up whoever and whatever at some faggot noble's command in exchange for the right price.

I do admit though that the folklore knight is the most compelling character ever, I think Dark Souls really tapped into something with their world building. the idea of being in a decayed world in ruins with just a set of armour and a giant sword between you and death is pretty cool.
>>
File: CXIIgLSWsAAvI4U.png (267 KB, 600x456) Image search: [Google]
CXIIgLSWsAAvI4U.png
267 KB, 600x456
Daily reminder
>>
>>69762541
Enjoy your bubonic plague faggot
>>
>>69765704

>giant sword

This is why people hate comic-book-reading, anime-watching, nerdfaggots
>>
Serf slavery and bubonic plague isnt so cool when you think about it. Sage for virgin larpers.
>>
>>69765565
>get invaded by muslims from the west
>they reach all the way to france
>only got expelled from iberia until 1492
>fight to retake the holy land
>fight them even at the gates of Wien
>fight them for over a thousand years
>modern day Europeans welcome them with open arms and legs.
>modern day europeans thank the immigrants for genociding them
>modern day Europeans happy about their collective suicide
I want off this ride.
>>
File: 1459559822156.jpg (71 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1459559822156.jpg
71 KB, 600x450
>>69764705
>family were landowners, military men, bishops and archbishops
>lol you'd be a peasant
Not everyone has a boring family history, scrub, not our fault RNG fucked you over.
>>
>>69765788

i hate anime and comic books

what's wrong with giant swords you stupid nigger

the Song for Roland which basically invented the idea of knights as folklore features an angel delivering a giant holy sword to Charlemagne called Durendal which he proceeds to use to slaughter massive amounts of muslilms
>>
>>69765142

Let me give you a little tip. Everyone dies eventually.
>>
>>69762541
No vaccines
Tons of diseases ravaging countries
You wouldn't be the knight or royalty, you would be like the 99% of dirt poor/poverty
No shitposting
No advancements, as science and medicine were blasphemy
Education was a privilege, not a requirement
No devices to replay music
Etc etc etc

If you want to live in the middle ages, the best place would be middle east or China area. Back then Europeans were seen as how we see sandniggers, and royalty was seen how we see those Arab oil lords or whatever.

Oh how the times have changed. Completely flipped
>>
Middle Ages were shit, I'd rather live in a perpetual 1890-1900
>>
>>69766328
>No advancements, as science and medicine were blasphemy

fuck off mate
>>
>>69766016

Yeah sorry bro, "2H swords" are purely RPG fantasy. Maybe some folklore as you mention.

Sorry
>>
>>69766403

what are you being sorry for

that swords are used in fantasy

what
>>
>>69766362

Me too, but this time the French and Germans would be bros.
>>
>>69766403
>Yeah sorry bro, "2H swords" are purely RPG fantasy.
But you're wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zweih%C3%A4nder
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landsknecht
>>
>>69767351

>"I googled it in 5 seconds, read a thread on Reddit, googled what they were talking about, and now I'm here to prove you wrong!"

Still fantasy. It's like people talking about dual-wielding. Sure, some few people did it, doesn't mean it remains mostly fantasy. So what, 2H shit was used to cut spears or something, big fucking deal.
>>
>>69767505

But anon, 2h swords were actually used by knights to hack away at peasant soldiers...
>>
File: ShitWeapon.jpg (102 KB, 1392x259) Image search: [Google]
ShitWeapon.jpg
102 KB, 1392x259
>>69767661

Really because even the wiki source linked just mentions hacking pike heads off

Pretty sure they didn't need a slow 6ft sword to kill peasants, and there were better weapons than swords against armor
>>
Claymores
>>
>>69767753

http://www.thearma.org/essays/2HGS.html#.VwDGwsv2aUk

Mentions hacking away at pikes but notes other uses as well.
>>
>>69767753
Nigger there's more 2H swords and sword styles than the fucking Zwei. Shit likes Guts is obviously fantasy but swords that required/mainly used two hands weren't and you're retarded for thinking so.
>>
File: 1459269499574.jpg (20 KB, 377x331) Image search: [Google]
1459269499574.jpg
20 KB, 377x331
>>69762541
>It was a time of savagery, illiteracy, and barbarism.
You seem to think whites becoming barbaric again wouldn't save the west.
>>
>>69768400

But that's literally what we need. Whites are the most pussified race next to Asians. And even then at least Asians aren't welcoming refugees to fuck their women
>>
>>69767505
>dual-wielding being fantasy

what even is rapier and dagger
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parrying_dagger

retard
>>
>>69767505
Not to mention the longsword, you know, the most iconic medieval weapon, was primary used as a two handed sword.
>>
File: 1443748893147.jpg (54 KB, 628x904) Image search: [Google]
1443748893147.jpg
54 KB, 628x904
>>69768523
I agree. I think the most likely thing to wake whites up is another depression.

I don't see any number of terrorist attacks or mass immigration doing anything, but if whites don't know where their next meal is coming from they will get nasty quickly.
>>
>>69762541

Don't kid yourself OP, you'd be a serf who's wife gets fucked by the lord while you're working the fields
>>
>>69768574

>HURR I WANT MY VIDEO GAMES TO BE REAL

All this stupid bullshit, dual-wielding and 2-hander crap, was highly specialized bullshit that wasn't generally practical. Heck, these specialized soldiers who had 2-handers were paid more because they were certain to die more in the front lines. If you lived back in the day you wouldn't be using any of that because you'd want to stay alive.

Quit playing video games and do something productive with your life. I'll give you some leeway for the 2-hander but don't bring shit dual-wielding into the conversation you disgusting cuck
>>
>>69763737
this desu
>>
File: diannedoan.jpg (192 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
diannedoan.jpg
192 KB, 620x413
>>69768837

I just realized in the most recent episode of Vikings, that so many fucking people have been cucked in history. When the men went to war, the local lazy slobs cucked all of the "brave" men.

Looks like women have always been whores
>>
>>69768884
If you honestly think parrying daggers weren't used in historical fencing then you know shit about swordplay, sure the idea of wielding two full sized swords is horseshit, but daggers in the offhand were extremely common.
>>
>>69768884
>>69769073

From " George Silver's Paradoxes of Defense" published in 1599

...continually in danger of every cross, that shall happen to be made with their rapier blades, which being done, within the half rapier; (unless both are of one mind with all speed to depart, which seldom or never happens between men of valiant disposition,) it is impossible to uncross, or get out, or avoid the stabs of the daggers.

>stabs of the daggers.
>of the daggers.
>daggers

fucking learn before you shit talk mate.
>>
>>69769067
Shut up faggot. Tons of women followed their men to the fields. Especially the loyal. The Romans observed this first hand when they raided a camp and pregnant women charged them with axes. Vikings is Jew media and it is trying to make you hate women unnecessarily.
>>
>>69769145
>romans fought vikings
>>
>>69768884
also on 2h swords not being used.
From silver again

Of the vantages of weapons in their kinds, places, & times, both in private and public fight.

First I will begin with the worst weapon, an imperfect and insufficient weapon, and not worth the speaking of, but now being highly esteemed, therefore not to be unremembered. That is, the single rapier, and rapier and poniard.

The single sword has the vantage against the single rapier.

The sword and dagger has the vantage against the rapier and poniard.

The sword & target has the advantage against the sword and dagger, or the rapier and poniard.

The sword and buckler has advantage against the sword and target, the sword and dagger, or rapier and poniard.

The two handed sword has the vantage against the sword and target, the sword and buckler, the sword and dagger, or rapier and poniard.

The battle axe, the halberd, the black-bill, or such like weapons of weight, appertaining unto guard or battle, are all one in fight, and have advantage against the two handed sword, the sword and buckler, the sword and target, the sword and dagger, or the rapier and poniard.

The short staff or half pike, forest bill, partisan, or glaive, or such like weapons of perfect length, have the advantage against the battle axe, the halberd, the black bill, the two handed sword, the sword and target, and are too hard for two swords and daggers, or two rapier and poniards with gauntlets, and for the long staff and morris pike.

The long staff, morris pike, or javelin, or such like weapons above the perfect length, have advantage against all manner of weapons, the short staff, the Welch hook, partisan, or glaive, or such like weapons of vantage excepted, yet are too weak for two swords and daggers or two sword and bucklers, or two rapiers and poniards with gauntlets, because they are too long to thrust, strike, and turn speedily. And by reason of the large distance, one of the sword and dagger-men will get behind him.
>>
>>69769277
>>69769143
>>69768884

Have a read cunt.
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/paradoxes.html
>>
>>69769145

You're an idiot. The thing is, it wasn't just women who cucked men. Sure, the losing side in a battle would get both killed and cucked. But for those who won, they often raped the women of enemy towns. It was a shitfest
>>
>>69762541
Only nobles were allowed to be knights unless you got lucky with a knight taking fucking pity on you and takes you as his squire/apprentice. The shitty soldiers weren't called knights most were conscripts and were used as cannon fodder, "numbers win wars" was true before gunpowder and bow and arrow.

>white people lived
And died from shitty diseases because they literally threw their shit out the window onto the streets, every town and village stank of human and animal waste, and when they did start to throw it into the sea, they still drank and ate out of it like poo Indians. Even more died from famine and wars.

>Now we have is technology and lack of purpose
Wigger, this technology allows us to shitpost so that anyone (mostly) from around the world can see and get information about practically anything. Our purpose now is to try to preserve the Earth while also furthering human advancement and space exploration. Either pick up some books and learn how to or do what the rest of us do: breathe, breed, and bleed.
>>
>>69769356
>>69769277
>>69769143
>>69769073

Quit shitposting Ausfag, what do you know about medieval shit you criminal fuck. Your history is literally didgeridoos and dream-thinking
>>
File: 1458977419737.gif (2 MB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
1458977419737.gif
2 MB, 500x278
>>69769514
I can feel the butthurt all the way down here =3
>>
>>69762541
What about the plague? Literally turned Europe into a living hell. Also /r/ing a name for that painting
>>
>>69769200
It was zombie romans
>>
>>69762541

Way more likely you'd be one of the many diseased peasants who couldn't even afford shoes. And with all those horses to shovel shit for you'd be up to your ankles in filthy horse shit the second it started to rain.
>>
File: karen shrug.jpg (34 KB, 539x477) Image search: [Google]
karen shrug.jpg
34 KB, 539x477
>>69769067
That's why r-types secretly like perpetual low-level wars. It acts as a drain on K-type males, killing the best of them off and taking them overseas. Leaving r-type males to fuck all their women.
>>
>>69768884

you're the most projecting-est guy i've ever seen, you've literally gone into a tailspin sperg out because i used the phrase "giant sword"
>>
>>69770153

Because I'm tired of seeing that oversized shit in anime crap and people acting like 2-handers are killing machines or something
>>
>>69762541
>>69762587
>>69764271
>>69765111

Fucking hell. The feels are too much for me.

I want the Jews to build me a fucking Time Machine.
>>
>>69770486

i've never seen any fucking animu in my life so keep your embarrassment to yourself
>>
>>69763737
Autism.
>>
>>69762541
>Now all we have is technology and lack of purpose
Except our next grand voyage is right infront of us.
Space.

For centuries we have looked up and wondered, and we've now got the technology to go where nobody has gone before.
My guess is within 50 years we will have a colony on mars, with more on the way.
All that is happening right now, can only be an attempt to either stall us in that goal, or to literally rid the earth of those who will only drag us down.
>>
>>69762541
Retard.

Unless you're high Born and linked to the Royal family in some way, you'll be dead by the age of 30. Living knee deep in shit and serving every day to the noblemen.

There was black black people in the middle ages. They lived near ports and sea towns where they work on the ships.

Get a cut, you die. Get the flu, you die. No heating in your house, just a pig (if your lucky) that shits through the night and that was your home heating system, still freezing to death because it's like -10 outside.

>American flag
Even if you were Anglo, you're family was one of the crybabies who left because you weren't high born and claimed the king bullied you. You'd of been a pig farmer working 15 hours a day just to survive.
>>
File: 1430479123447.png (59 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1430479123447.png
59 KB, 500x500
>>69770486
>noodle armed amerilel mad he can't swing a 2 hander like cloud strife
>>
File: Cloud_Strife.png (89 KB, 289x344) Image search: [Google]
Cloud_Strife.png
89 KB, 289x344
>>69770596

Shut the fuck up you pretentious fuck, if you haven't seen this crap picture you haven't browsed the internet and are therefore a nigger
>>
>>69765120

There were so many things which could go wrong if you were peasant, it's just wishful thinking that they had happy little lifes. Even with no war at sight, weather can mess up everything what was good at first.
>>
>>69768574

YOU DIED
>>
>>69770799

>talking about the accurate history of medieval swords triggers me because of cartoon vidya shit for children that i claim to hate but secretly love

i don't even have a reaction image appropriate for your level of autism
>>
>>69771052

I already told you 2h shit was highly specialized crap

I don't see any reason why you would think otherwise unless you're one of those Skyrim tumblrinas. Don't worry, Ive been there too, but I grew out of it
>>
>>69765013
>>69765271
>>69765972
What does your family history have to do with this scenario?
>>
File: 1457596569784.jpg (32 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
1457596569784.jpg
32 KB, 514x536
>>69771231
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.