[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people stay fat, /pol/? Seriously, I don't understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 49
File: 4343.jpg (36 KB, 599x451) Image search: [Google]
4343.jpg
36 KB, 599x451
Why do people stay fat, /pol/?

Seriously, I don't understand it.

More or less everybody (in developed countries, anyway) has access to the internet, and thus access to almost all of human knowledge.

Everybody, presumably, understands (at least at a basic level) that the universe is underpinned by certain physical, mathematical laws, and that everything that happens is caused by something else. They must therefore, surely, understand that being overweight is caused by something, and if they would exercise even a tiny bit of effort and google 'what causes obesity' or 'what causes weight gain' they would find out very quickly that it is the result of a long-term positive energy imbalance.

Knowing this, and professing a desire to lose weight, why do they not simply immediately and permanently adjust their behaviour to eliminate that energy surplus and lose weight until such a time as they reach a healthy weight, whereupon they maintain energetic equilibrium?

Why don't they just fucking do this, /pol/?

Are they just too stupid to realise that being overweight has a cause?

Are they too disinterested to google what that cause is?

Are they too lazy to change their behaviour to achieve their goals?

Or do they simply not even want to lose weight?

I just don't get it.
>>
Those last 4 questions are correct.
>>
>>72446661
Is that the Belgian health minister?
>>
>>72446661
jesus fucking christ
>>
File: fattycanada.jpg (9 KB, 280x180) Image search: [Google]
fattycanada.jpg
9 KB, 280x180
>>72446661
You're gonna have to ask Canada on that on that one dad
>>
>>72446661
>>
>>72446661
They have no concept for personal responsibility, they blame society and/or genetics for their situation, and they fall for the HAES meme.
>>
>>72446661
>kill me
>>
>>72446826
No, it's an American judge. I believe she presided over a District Court in Nevada or Arizona; somewhere in that general area. She's dead now, I believe - unsurprisingly - if I recall correctly, she was being prosecuted for treating the Court as her own personal domain. She would require ushers to carry her oxygen supply around and - I believe - even massage her.
>>
POO ON THE SCOOT
>>
HEALTHY AT EVERY SIZE YOU SHITLORD

*smacks lips*

I'M BEAUTIFUL AND YOU CAN'T TELL ME DIFFERENT

*inhales McDonalds*

STOP THE FAT SHAMING IT'S 2016

*slurps extra large diet soda*

GOT A PROBLEM TWIGGY? YOU SKINNY LITTLE FAGGOT

*loses legs to diabetes*

I'M PERFECTLY FINE THE WAY I AM

*weezes from exertion of eating pizza*

WHY WON'T ANYONE LOVE ME

*has wall removed and is crane lifted into bed*

GOD DAMN I HATE SOCIETIES UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS OF BEAUTY

*dies of cardiac arrest*
>>
The problem with fatness is that it's a binary state. You're either gaining weight or losing weight. So you can't eat just a little bit less and become a little less fat, you'd just be fattening slower.
Most americans would have to cut their caloric intake by an order of magnitude to start shedding fat, and they're too far gone to consider the effort worthwhile.
>>
>>72446661
>Are they too lazy to change their behaviour to achieve their goals?
>Or do they simply not even want to lose weight?

I'm these two. I don't give a shit about living a few more years or being sexual appealing. And I like me some cheese smeared fried shit.
>>
>>72446661
They get addicted to the garbage food that we have allowed corporations to produce.

Then, someone lied about saturated fat. So they replaced it with sugar.

its not rocket science, as the prevalence of real food went down, the amount of butter beasts increased exponentially. Its just a way to take someones agency from them.

The reason the government allows it, is because they want you poor, sick and unable to fight. They want control, the Jews in the large food industry and by extension big pharma (gotta treat that betus yo) have delivered them that control.
>>
>>72447519
>the jews are making us fat so that we're weak and unable to rebel.

That sounds ridiculous anon.
>>
As a former obese fat ass who sorted his life out the truth is they aren't being told it's bad. Even before all this "#fatshaming" horseshit nobody ever said to me "maybe go easy on the junk food" "you could do with losing some weight" "do you ever get tired being that size Anon?"

In the end the reason I lost weight was because I had a diabetes scare, all of a sudden my entire perspective changed. I realised I was disgusting, that people who gave me looks in the street did so with a reason and it was MY fault.

I hit the gym and sorted my diet, lost 5 stone of fat and can front squat 98kg in weights. Now whenever I see other fat fucks I just think would it be worth telling them to lose some weight, or why bother because most wouldn't do anything with that suggestion meanwhile the tiny minority (like me) would realise themselves
>>
File: white people laughing.jpg (32 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
white people laughing.jpg
32 KB, 480x270
>>72447519

> the Jews are making people fat
>>
What the obese don't realize is that you don't have to sacrifice Mickey Ds entirely and eat nothing but kale and brussel sprouts for the rest of your life in order to get healthy and stay that way.

You can have fast food or soda as a fucking treat. Maybe 1 can of Coke a day? Fast food twice a week?

It's called MODERATION. Fatsos are under this misbelief that it's either all (the food) or none (of the food). And so they go with all the food.

Meanwhile, those of us who are fit can enjoy being healthy AND our Big Macs, provided we only eat them on occasions.

They taught this shit in elementary school. There is no excuse not to know how basic nutrition works.
>>
>>72447519
you're mad, fatty?
>>
>>72447919
Gonna add onto this, parents who let their kids get fat should be charged with child abuse.

You can teach kids all you want but what they get at home and what their parents feed and teach them how to feed is what is going to stick with them more than likely.
>>
> she died from being a fat ass

http://m.reviewjournal.com/news/former-las-vegas-judge-halverson-dies-age-56
>>
Food costs money.

You can't eat junk food unless you BUY junk food.

Just don't BUY IT and it won't be in your house and you can't EAT IT. I don't keep cookies or chips or ice cream in my kitchen and so I never eat it and I stay a healthy weight. It's so fuckin easy, any lazy asshole could do it.
>>
File: luffy sabo.jpg (17 KB, 236x313) Image search: [Google]
luffy sabo.jpg
17 KB, 236x313
>>72447786
I am proud of you, anon.
>>
>>72447297
>Nevada or Arizona

i think it's both considering how huge she is
>>
File: elizabethhalverson91.jpg (46 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
elizabethhalverson91.jpg
46 KB, 400x267
>>72448073

another image of the delightful specimen
>>
>>72448240
How does one even take a shit if they're that fat

Or shower.
Or live.
>>
>>72447919
>They taught this shit in elementary school. There is no excuse not to know how basic nutrition works.

We watched this Jiminy Cricket cartoon in elementary school to teach us how not to be fat:

https://youtu.be/d_Pn92tUG2Q

That thing was made in the 50s but all the extremely common sense things it spells out still hold true today.

It's been decades since I was a child. Do they not teach this in schools anymore? Or have they changed the way they teach about nutrition and no longer promote moderation and exercising?
>>
>>72448290
>How does one even take a shit if they're that fatOr shower.Or live.

In America, obesity is considered a handicap. So fat people get all the tax-funded privileges that come with being considered handicapped. Most of those privileges, meant for people who are disable or infirm, result in the fat person moving less and burning fewer calories.

Rascal scooters. Handicap parking spots so they don't have to walk as far to the store. Working from home at remote stations instead of commuting.

And so the fat just get fatter and fatter.
>>
File: halverson.jpg (54 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
halverson.jpg
54 KB, 400x267
>>72446826
>>72447297
Elizabeth Halverson. In Nevada they have elected judges so she decided to run in spite of the fact that she'd never practiced or done anything but work as a clerk. She won because the other judge was really unpopular and then proceeded to sexually harass the male court employees and sneak her private armed guards into the courthouse in violation of state and federal law, she also allegedly would sleep during "boring" hearings. When she had to go to her disciplinary hearing (I'm guessing that's OP's pick) she tried to get out of it by claiming her diabetes was acting up. Last I heard she got sent to the hospital after having a frying pan fight with her ex-husband. Didn't know she died but it's hardly a shock.

https://ballotpedia.org/Elizabeth_Halverson
>>
I'm a disgusting and sad person, kissless virgin with no education.
I'm also a neet with no friends or family.
My only pleasure in life is playing dota and eating, suicide soon.
>>
I'm fat as fuck and I don't give a fuck that I'm fat. Except when I started developing symptoms of diabetes. Then I laid off the feed bag, lost 50 lbs, and now I'm only moderately fat, I guess.

But I have no plans on losing more weight. I'll be as fat as I can without developing diabetes and I'm ok with that.
>>
>>72448616
What the fuck
>>
>>72448664

I thought France didn't have fat people?
>>
File: 1453867363616.jpg (38 KB, 296x297) Image search: [Google]
1453867363616.jpg
38 KB, 296x297
>>72447786
I salute you anon.
>>
>>72446661
It's not that simple. Yes it's easy to pretend that all fat people are like tumblrites and "healthy at any size" activists, but reality isn't that simple. Yes information is widely available, but so is misinformation. A lot of people who believe misinformation don't know that they're misinformed and thus don't seek correct information. This is obviously one of the major problems in any public health issue.
Personal motivation and dedication also factor in. It's not a simple issue by any means.
>>
>>72446661
Well, a person which would be as fat as the woman in the picture you posted would have extreme difficulty losing weight due to already being so far down the rabbit hole. Other than that, some people just love to enjoy life to the fullest, such as not working a lot and eating and drinking to one's heart's content. Life is short and precious afterall, so they think ''Why not just enjoy it?''
>>
>>72448899
I'm fat by french standards meaning I weight 210lbs, I was still the fattest person during all my school years.
I had to deal with depression, loneliness and parents death a lot, I'm not looking for excuses I know I'm weak.
>>
>>72448664
Have a (You) to cheer you up mon ami.
>>
>>72448616
Oh man. I'm so glad we don't have elected judges in Iowa. If I had to appear before a monstrosity like this I would not be able to keep my cool or respect her.
>>
>>72446661

you know how liberals are so self-hating that they want to destroy their country?

fat people are so self-hating that they want to destroy themselves

they enjoy it on a certain level

it gives them an excuse to be miserable
>>
File: 1461952246961.gif (997 KB, 1024x578) Image search: [Google]
1461952246961.gif
997 KB, 1024x578
>>72446661
They live to eat. Gluttony.

They derive an emotional enjoyment from eating unconnected to it's caloric content that is more important to them than anything else in their lives.

Like a heroin addict, but with food.
>>
File: 52a88b141605fb395d000115.jpg (16 KB, 289x254) Image search: [Google]
52a88b141605fb395d000115.jpg
16 KB, 289x254
>>72447786
>>
>>72449293
>liberals are self hating and want to destroy their country
Nice meme.
>>
>>72449174
>Yes information is widely available, but so is misinformation

You enabling fuck.

There is only ONE way to lose weight: Caloric deficit.

Burn more calories than you ingest. That's IT. There's no room for "misinformation" there.

"Diet and exercise", that's all there is to it. It is not complicated.
>>
File: BasedAlexisCarrel.jpg (60 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
BasedAlexisCarrel.jpg
60 KB, 700x394
>>72448664
anon, you should start lifting or go run a mile or two.

THE BICEPS WILL COME ANON! CRAFT YOUR INNER MASTERPIECE THAT YOUR SOUL ACHES TO ME!

You too can be a masterpiece worthy of marble.
>>
File: FatHate_zps510646f0.png (70 KB, 750x785) Image search: [Google]
FatHate_zps510646f0.png
70 KB, 750x785
They've been sold the lie of HAES

Commencing a fat acceptance/thin privilege dump
>>
File: rascal tipping.jpg (145 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
rascal tipping.jpg
145 KB, 720x960
>>72449174
This is a big problem, when I decided to lose weight I got lucky enough to run into the /fit/ sticky before anything else, but there's an absurd amount of bullshit out there that the public is eating up (teehee). If you look at a supermarket checkout line there will always be a shitload of tips in those magazines on how to "trim bellyfat" by eating some berry or doing a specific 10 minute workout. Basically a lot of American fatties have this idea that there's a "secret" to weight loss that they just haven't found. After I lost a bunch of weight I had my fat family members constantly asking about it and they would not accept calories in calories out as an answer. My fat cousin in particular started stealing my protein powder because she thought it was some kind of fatburner, and my brother started drinking a fuckload of coffee because he said it must have "boosted my metablism" because I have a cup every morning.
>>
>>72448073
>56

IM HEALTHY
REEE*breath loudly*EEEEEEE
>>
>>72448170
Underrated post.
>>
File: JBqpw.png (46 KB, 658x459) Image search: [Google]
JBqpw.png
46 KB, 658x459
>>72449668
>>
File: 1454213084994.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1454213084994.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>
File: 2016-01-03-14-48-37-1313793701.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-03-14-48-37-1313793701.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
>>72449174
Fat shit detected
>>
>>72449174
>stop eating shit
>stop being lazy

sounds fairly fucking simple to me holmes
>>
>>72449744
Does she bounce across the ground like an errant weather balloon when she tries to fly or does her adipose tissue grant her lift?
>>
>>72449236
At least you are self aware, monsieur.
>>
>>72448032
>this was my problem
>always a scrawny little shit growing up
>ran around the back yard for hours slaying dandelion dragons with yardstick swords
>loved riding my bike everywhere
>was fastest runner out of all my siblings and cousins
>hated to eat
>mom got scared, thought i was going to starve to death
>instead of taking me to the doc, she just sat me down and forced me to eat
>shifted rewards systems to food-based
>yelled at me for playing like a normal kid
>said i was hyperactive
>became overweight but still not really growing like my peers (was 5 feet tall at 16, had to use a fucking booster seat to pass driving test)
>finally doctor
>growth hormones all kinds of fucked up, have to inject synthetic replacements
>finally experienced growth spurt, still hard to lose weight, old routine never really stopped
>frequent hospitalizations into early adulthood
>pancreas is now fucked due to some rare condition, turns out was fucked since birth just never caught on tests
>even though fat am severely malnourished have to take all kinds of supplements and enzyme replacements
>fucking painful all day every day
>will eventually spread to lungs and turn them to shit, am dead man walking at this point
>doc says i cant alter diet or try to lose weight will just make shit worse
>get to be lumped in with all the others and judged accordingly

probably wasnt askin for them feels but fml
>>
>>72446661
its genetic.

these hyper fat asses are people who in medieval/colonial/early industrial times were forced to burn 8000 calories a day minimum to farm for kingdoms, farm for themselves, farm for the market manually among other things that you need to do on a farm or ranch.

they have a huge appetite because back then their environment FORCED them to burn massive amounts of calories to stay alive and not starve to death.

put one of those hyper fat asses in modern times when food is practically free due to highly automated farms and they just dont stop eating and they put out no work whatsoever because there's no need for them to work that hard anymore.
>>
>>72449735
"I know better than doctors"
>>
>>72449182
>a person which would be as fat as the woman in the picture you posted would have extreme difficulty losing weight due to already being so far down the rabbit hole

I have a friend who is over 300lbs and that's about where he's at. His shins/ankles are so bad he can barely walk from the car to his chair at work.

But even then I've told him he can burn calories by doing exercises that don't involve standing. Swimming, rowing machines, weights, etc. I've even tried to get him to go to the gym with me so he wouldn't have to do it alone.

He just doesn't want to do it. So I've stopped trying to help him. He's a good friend, but I'm not his fuckin mommy. Soon he's going to be at the "liposuction and stomach staple or die" juncture.
>>
>>72449397
I'm not an enabling fuck. You know nothing about weight loss if you think it's that simple all the time. Eating a certain caloric amount of salad or vegetables isn't the same as eating the caloric equivalent in hard candy and deep fried meat. One option has many of its calories from actual nutrients like protein and vitamins, while the other has lots of calories just from saturated fat and refined sugar.
>>
>>72449236
Yeah you're quite fat for French, you should go to burgerland to be considered healthy.
One of my buddy was also the fat kid at school, about the same weight, and up to 150kg for 1m80
Now he is 85kg, he turned gay and has a lot of quite good looking female friends
>>
>>72449908
>But even then I've told him he can burn calories by doing exercises that don't involve standing. Swimming, rowing machines, weights, etc. I've even tried to get him to go to the gym with me so he wouldn't have to do it alone.
If hes 300 lbs then exercise is not the answer.

The only answer is a change of diet of more vegetables and lean meat to the tune of around 2500 calories or so, he shouldnt be doing ANY exercise at all.
>>
>>72449792
It's simple to you because you're looking at it too simply.
>>
File: 1448961856652.jpg (98 KB, 720x539) Image search: [Google]
1448961856652.jpg
98 KB, 720x539
>>
>>72449889
That's not genetic you idiot, what you just described is completely environmental
>>
File: plus sized travellers.jpg (1 MB, 796x7484) Image search: [Google]
plus sized travellers.jpg
1 MB, 796x7484
>why won't they let me go skydiving at 400lbs?
>ugh discrimination
They should have just made her sign a waver and let her jump lol
>>
File: tumblr_me3zwiz7du1qcl8l4.jpg (27 KB, 500x164) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_me3zwiz7du1qcl8l4.jpg
27 KB, 500x164
apparently the dead have privilege
>>
>>72449889
Bullspit, if that were the case their own bodies wouldn't be crushing them to death from the excess fat.
>>
>>72446661
Because their minds are addicted to a system that is killing them.

The only way to change systems is to replace them with new ones. It's why some people become religious workout addicts.
>>
File: haes endgame.png (341 KB, 490x1958) Image search: [Google]
haes endgame.png
341 KB, 490x1958
>>72449903
HAES leads to misery and death, read this to see where the HAES story ends, a bunch of crippled fatties at 45 bitching about how the doctor doesn't have a magic pill to fix them.
>>
>>72449792
Just stop eating at all, it's good for loosing weight.
No one remember a fat prisonner at Auschwitz
>>
>>72450104
That musta been a hard canvas to work with. I wonder why it'd look like if they suddenly lost a lot of weight?
>>
Seriously, how does this happen? Do you just eat all the time or something?
>>
>>72446661
Probably because they have literally nothing to live for and are using food as a way to fill the empty void in their lives caused by being fat.

Think about what it is like to be that woman. Does she even have anything to look forward to each day? When is the last time you think she had sex? Or went swimming? Or danced? Can she even move without causing herself extreme pain? Can she hold a conversation without losing her breath?

It's not so much being lazy or stupid, but that food is basically the only thing they live for; people that are this big are almost uniformly suicidally depressed. If she stop distracting herself with food, she'll be left alone with her thoughts... and probably kill herself.
>>
>>72450350
Soda EVERYDAY instead of water is a first step.
>>
>>72450138
their genes create a large appetite that they cant control.

other people dont suffer the effects of that because of their genetics.

>>72450180
maybe read again you medpack retard.
>>
>>72447357
Made me chuckle my fellow leaf
>>
>>72450350
Often times, they got somebody feeding them. Ya really gotta TRY to be that fat, eating junk food and moving as little as possible throughout the day.

>>72450422
But this certainly helps
>>
File: 1460477098079.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1460477098079.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>72447786
Damn, you can squat 200 lbs!!!
>>
>>72446661
Because it's extremely hard to get thinner, yet trivial to get fatter. To get fatter, you just have to eat 1 kcalorie over your daily usage for a week. To get thin, you have to eat 1k-1.5k less kcalories per day for months on end. The thing is, the body makes it painful and creates cravings when you try to do this. You're going to have stomach cramps, your dick will stay limp, you'll feel tired all day, you'll feel cold and hot, etc., and of course you'll be constantly tempted by any whiff of food.
It's not like you can east 100 kcal extra one day and 100 kcal less the next day either, once energy is stored for long-term reserves, it takes a very long time to get it out, and the brain will put your body in a low-powered state to conserve energy long before it uses up resources.
On top of that, you have to keep doing physical exercise to prevent your muscles from being killed instead of your fat because muscles are the priority.
Plus you have to keep maintaining constant vigilance so as not to get fatter. In particular, imagine you go to work every day and eat normally and you're not getting fatter at all. One day you get into an accident and need surgery. You don't go to work for the next 3 months, but you eat just as much as before (because that's what you're used to, you don't actually measure calories or know anything about nutrition since you're a normal person). By the end, you'll be 20kg fatter and you literally won't even realize.
About realizing you get fatter, this is a really hard task. You don't typically weigh yourself and belts and clothes are usually quite loose, enough that you could gain 50% extra weight and only barely notice. The main hurdle to notice is that you typically get fatter very slowly, so you don't actually realize what's happening.
Finally, to actually enact a diet, one needs to extensively study the subject (tons of bad info on the topic) and need free time to test.
Put all this together and you see why people "stay fat".
>>
File: peter.jpg (112 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
peter.jpg
112 KB, 800x1200
>>72450146
>Ma'am, I'm sorry, but the gates of heaven are only so wide
>>
>>72450350
I think so. I know.a few 300lb guys and they LOVE those gas station sodas that are like 42oz, eating two taco bell meals for lunch. Then they complain they're fat. Just cutting out soda they'd lose a lot of weight.
>>
>>72446661
They enjoy food so much that they're willing to sacrifice health and aesthetics. It's like people who smoke - they know it's bad but they can't help themselves.
>>
File: 1425414109079.gif (2 MB, 193x200) Image search: [Google]
1425414109079.gif
2 MB, 193x200
>>72450749
>>
people don't realise the ammount of shit there is in Coca Cola drinks.
>>
>>72446661
i was pushing 270lbs and I'm 230 now... hope to lose 60 more

i think overeating is often associated with mental illness desu. fatasses need to sort out their emotional issues first
>>
>>72450422
>Soda EVERYDAY instead of water is a first step.

This is one of the worst things about my country, yeah.

Coke is cheaper than water. It has become the staple beverage to wash down EVERY meal and to keep yourself "hydrated" between meals.

Meanwhile, drinks that are marketed as "health drinks" or "sports drinks" such as Gatorade and PowerAde contain just as much sugar as Coke, but people listen to the marketing instead of reading the labels and assume Vitamin Water is healthier than Water Water.

Just go cold turkey on sugary drinks and you'll lose 10lbs in less than a month. Cut more empty calories and you'll lose even more.
>>
>>72450725
Also, this doesn't apply to the morbidly obese. Once you reach that point, it's obvious to you that you need to do something and it should take priority over anything else, which means you unconditionally have the time to do it.
However, in this case, without external help, getting thinner is even harder than for regular fat people.

Oh, and another important thing to note is that the stomach distends itself the more you eat, and you will feel less filled up after eating the same amount of food over time which encourages eating more and more. Again, mostly without realizing. If you don't study nutrition, you couldn't even possibly realize you shouldn't eat until you're no longer hungry (which is the opposite of what everyone's parents, as well as natural instinct, would tell you).

Anyway, the culmination of all these effects is also displayed clearly in older people, who tend to be fat or even somewhat obese (again, not morbidly obese, though).
>>
>>72450990
>>Coke is cheaper than water.
Shit, how does that happen?
This is so destructive.
>>
>>72451129
Well, cheaper than bottled water. I'm sure people could settle for Tap water out of flint, MI, but gotta have that flavor
>>
>>72449943
No you will still lose weight. It will be less pleasant but you will lose weight. I got fat in primary school. I stopped eating sides, desserts, and I ran every day. I didn't eat salads, I didn't watch what I was eating; I just stopped eating extra calories. I was the skinny guy in junior high and high school.

The only difference is that some foods are more calorie dense so you can force more in you before noticing.
>>
>>72451129
Corn Syrup
>>
>>72449943
>Eating a certain caloric amount of salad or vegetables isn't the same as eating the caloric equivalent in hard candy and deep fried meat.
I hear some people say that, and some people say the opposite. A priori I'm more inclined to believe that a calorie is a calorie no matter its provenance. Do you have any sources on that claim, though?
(Of course, trans fats, e.g., are bad for other reasons).
>>
>>72452413

A calorie is a calorie, it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you have a deficit if you want to lose weight

the impact on cholesterol and such is another matter
>>
>>72452413

Yeah, that guy's an enabling fuck. A calorie is a calorie.

There are such things as empty calories; food with no nutritional value whatsoever. Nutrition wise, it is better to eat foods that offer benefits like vitamins and all that good shit (ie; veggies over ice cream).

But when it comes to weight loss, a calorie is a calorie and you can only lose weight with a deficit. If you eat 2000 calories a day in candy and burn 2500 calories, you're still going to lose weight. Same as if you ate 2000 calories a day in carrots and burned 2500 calories.
>>
>>72446661

>Eat a lot of food either because you enjoy the taste and get addicted to it or it is a way to cope with problems you cannot control
>Keep doing it
>Become a huge fat-ass
>Fixing this requires effort
>Too lazy or unwilling to commit to rectifying the issue even though it may lead to your death
>>
>>72446661
It's a lot of lack of self control. I remember reading a study where fat people who insisted they could not lose weight through dieting consistently underestimated the amount of food they were consuming. They would reach their recommended calorie limit and then sneak in a 1000 calorie dessert and not record it because they think it doesn't matter. There are also cases where people are encouraged to gain weight by their partners, as is the case with some extremely obese women whose boyfriend or husband keeps them obese so they have to rely on them for everything. People who enable this are just as guilty.
>>
>>72453256

Yeah, when I first started counting calories I remember being shocked at what things really contained.

A single donut is, like, 300 calories. I used to eat three of those in a sitting. 900 calories, almost half of my day's allotted intake, in what was essentially a "snack".

I adjusted my habits quickly after that and started losing weight FAST. I was never overweight, mind you. 6', but I was 175lbs which was at the cusp of overweight. Went down to 156lbs after a few months of actively trying to correct myself.
>>
>>72453256
>It's a lot of lack of self control.
I really don't feel that it's fair to leave it at that, but in the end it's the ultimate factor; i.e. if someone had self control and if they were in the right situation, they would be able to regulate their weight and wouldn't let themselves become fat, while in the exact same context, someone without self control couldn't.
>>
>>72447479
Degenerate
>>
>>72446661
>>72448240
How does one even get that fat?

I knew a black guy who would eat a whole pizza three times a week, and he was fat, but not that fat.
>>
>>72453650
I used to be obese at 190lb and 5'3, every day I would ignore stepping on the scale and also ignore the fact that I was developing a double chin and my favorite clothes didn't fit me. It wasn't until on a whim I decided to step on the scale and I realized I was 190lb (the last time I had checked I was 140lb) that I knew I had to change. I started counting calories and doing some light exercise like leg toning and small weights, and now a year later I'm back down to 150 and still losing weight. I didn't cut out the occasional fast food treat but instead tailored it into my diet and didn't go over my calorie limit.

>>72453731
Self control has more to do with the losing weight than gaining weight honestly. The first couple of weeks I dieted I cheated and knowingly went over my calorie limit for any sweets in the house. It wasn't until I overcame that that I was able to steadily lose weight.
>>
>>72454045
>I knew a black guy who would eat a whole pizza three times a week, and he was fat, but not that fat.

Chances are he was somewhat active. Not enough to burn all the calories from those pizzas (if he was still a little fat) but enough to keep from becoming an oil spill.

People like the Great Pumpkin in OP's pic eat 3 pizzas a day but then don't leave their couch/rascal scooter.

>Protip:

You burn 1000 calories a day just by *existing*. If you laid in bed all day, you would still burn 1000 calories. So all you really have to actively burn a day, if you follow the 2000 calorie diet, is 1000 calories or more.

That is really, really, REALLY fucking easy.
>>
>>72452413
http://www.rd.com/health/diet-weight-loss/yes-you-canlose-weight-with-twinkies/

Twinkie diet. A guy eats minimal calories a day but in Twinkies to prove calorie in calorie out
>>
>>72454045
If you mean morbidly obese as in OP's pic, it's probably drinking soda all day and 5 pizzas for breakfast.
If you mean fat in general, my explanation (from personal experience, corroborated with testimonies and documentation) is
>>72450725
>>72451012
Also, as >>72453650 says, even if you were to generically try to eat less without research, you would never understand how some food you think doesn't impact your calorie count is actually fat as fuck. A beer is around 100kcal, for instance, so is a single slice of bread. Spread is about 50kcal per 2tbsp, and butter is 70kcal every 2tbsp.
>>
>>72454338

That 1000 calories a day number depends on your weight too

a fat person burns way more when just existing
>>
>>72446661
it's because intestinal bacteria, some have good bacteria and some have none, but processed cheese and amerifoods would cause people to be fat.
>>
>>72449306
I hadn't seen that one yet.

Kekked heartily.
>>
>>72447357
A FUCKING LE...

Oh wait, nevermind. Good post anon.
>>
>>72446661
>re they too lazy to change their behaviour to achieve their goals?
>Or do they simply not even want to lose weight?
Yes.

Source: guy who gained and lost weight and has gained even more weight back.
>>
>>72449587

fat people can't run, they'll injure themselves.
>>
>>72454419
That seems to confirm my (and other poster's) opinion, and does not at all support >>72449943
It's also not a good report because if you burn too many calories, you end up losing nothing at all (I personally tried fasting for a week and this was the result). If you don't eat enough, you also don't lose (or not enough). The exact amount depends (roughly) on if you're healthy, overweight, fat, or obese. If we were to believe that not all calories are the same, then we shouldn't agree that the effect need be the same at each weight group.
>>
>>72448616
>In Nevada they have elected judges so she decided to run in spite of the fact that she'd never practiced or done anything but work as a clerk. She won

I thought Texans were retarded
>>
File: 1419141057308.jpg (22 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1419141057308.jpg
22 KB, 640x640
>>72454338

Like >>72454635 said, your BMR depends on your current weight/height. 1000 is pretty low unless you're very small or super skinny (or a child).

Fat people have thousands more calories to work with everyday without even having to lift a finger, and yet these fucks still gain weight or stay the same. They could lose weight so easily, but they don't, because they're dishonest about their caloric intakes and want a pity party for their lack of accountability.
>>
>>72454635
It also depends heavily on your routine. Just going to work and back (taking the car most of the way) will typically burn around 500-700 extra kcal, by my count; i.e. if you're an average, slightly obese NEET male, you should have a daily expenditure around 1500 kcal.

This part is a very important factor in people not being able to get thinner also, in my experience: almost every expenditure calculators assume that sedentary means you have a normal steady white-color occupation.
>>
>>72450104
Wolf : "W-were is the belly button?"
>>
>>72455129
>They could lose weight so easily,
The only people who say that have never been even remotely fat.
>>
>>72449182
Its really sad when their idea of living life to the fullest isn't seeing the world, creating things, learning new things, making the most of a youthful body to achieve noteworthy goals, or anything like that. no. their idea of living life to the fullest is shamelessly being a human garbage disposal well past the threshold of immobility
>>
File: Re-Bent Fat Face.jpg (525 KB, 3000x2935) Image search: [Google]
Re-Bent Fat Face.jpg
525 KB, 3000x2935
>Access to almost all of human knowledge
>Knowledge that's buried under a fuckton of retarded shit (chemtrails, moon hoax, MLP, etc.)
>Implying the majority of people have a keen grasp of causality
>Implying the majority of people actually see themselves as needing improvement

IS DAT A TWINKIE BETWEEN YOUR LEGS?!
>>
>>72455383

>Check your privilege, twiggy!
>>
DEATH TO YUROPE!!!!
>>
>>72450146
>Thin privilege is not burning down the crematorium with your fat corpse
>>
>>72455250
it's the back.
>>
>>72454757
>what is cause and correlation

Enterobacter are predominantly seen in the obese and overweight, but they go away once the person loses weight and starts eating healthily.
>>
File: Pop dat Collah.jpg (117 KB, 297x338) Image search: [Google]
Pop dat Collah.jpg
117 KB, 297x338
>>72447786
>Goes from lardass with medication to hardass with dedication

All of /pol/ salutes you, broski.
>>
>>72450104
that wolf...
its eyes speak of despair
>>
>>72449306
If the "closed" side is facing inside wouldn't that mean it's open?
>>
>>72455383

But it is easier than people make it out to be. I understand that it's an involved mental and emotional process, but people go about diet all wrong and then think that they have no chance of losing the weight that they want to. There is an unfortunate social stigma that is put on healthy living that makes it mysterious and seem inaccessible to people who need it most.

People are deceived by fad diets, think they have to starve themselves, and just absorb a bunch of stupid bullshit from the internet. If directed to resources that lay out a good foundation of healthy nutrition, the process isn't anywhere near as hard as people make it out to be and can be very enjoyable.
>>
>>72452413

calories in calories out is only strictly true for fire.

your body can choose to shit what you eat out without absorbing any calories, you know that, right?

a body is not a simple system.
>>
File: 1459430857297-fit.gif (24 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1459430857297-fit.gif
24 KB, 200x200
>>72447786
Making it
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (26 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
26 KB, 499x499
Do fat people always smell like literal shit because they can't wipe their ass?
>>
>>72456273
>But it is easier than people make it out to be
Depends whom. Pretty much everyone who says "it's easy, just eat less!" have absolutely no clue what they're saying.
People on /fit/ usually have 0 clue what they're saying.
Most people ITT who say it's easy don't have a clue what they're saying.

On the other hand, fatasses who've never tried or tried for 1 day and gave up also have no clue what they're saying and losing weight is a lot easier than they think, this is true.

>but people go about diet all wrong and then think that they have no chance of losing the weight that they want to.
That is a very important aspect of it: finding the right information is extremely hard. There's significantly more misinfo around than there is info.

>think they have to starve themselves
That is actually the only way to lose weight in reasonable time. Not literal starvation (that won't work at fucking all, you'll lose a bit in a couple days and then nothing for months on end), but significant deficit.

>If directed to resources that lay out a good foundation of healthy nutrition
Healthy has nothing at all to do with it. The only way to lose fat is to eat a kind of very unhealthy diet on account of needing to forgo a significant amount of calories (a healthy diet, by definition, must maintain the appropriate level for regular activities. Additionally, a diet that is "healthy for a lean person" will not net appreciable weight loss).

> the process isn't anywhere near as hard as people make it out to be and can be very enjoyable.
You are obviously in the camp of people who have no clue what they're saying.
>>
>>72448099
I don't understand. I've had the same 12 pack of Mountain dew in my house for the last fucking month. I still have 10 left, I drank one and my brother drank the other. Do you seriously have so little self control that you can't even be around unhealthy foods without losing it?
>>
>>72457053

You sound like an enabler

>Nonono it's not your fault, the process is too hard, shhhh shhhh have a donut
>>
File: 1461742460546.jpg (37 KB, 449x425) Image search: [Google]
1461742460546.jpg
37 KB, 449x425
>>72456181
semi autism, good eye
>>
>>72447773
Yes Goyim, pure coincidence.
>>
>>72457521
So far I have lost 4 stones in 1.5 months. Meanwhile you're talking out of your ass and making sure people who want to improve will never be able to.
>>
>>72457053

I think you're being pedantic for the sake of disagreement, because we agree on the same principles.

Obviously a deficit is required to lose weight/fat. "Healthy nutrition", as I understand it, refers to a clean diet rich in essential vitamins and an appropriate ratio of macronutrients. It's not necessarily "unhealthy" to eat at a deficit, nor is it "starving" yourself, unless you're drastically underneath your BMR and depriving your body of energy and nutrients to the point that you're damaging your body, which is sort of the same problem that fatties have but is inverted.
>>
>>72458202
I was responding under the assumption that you were one of those faggots who never weighted more than 50kg and believe they know all about being fat and losing weight. Those people assume that the only way to become fat is to drink coke every 5 seconds and to gulp down 500 burgers per day, and thus believe that "just having a healthy diet" (i.e. any shitty unbalanced high-in-cals diet based on carrots and eggs) is somehow helpful. Those are also typically the same people who believe that becoming thinner is completely trivial.
>>
>>72449885
your mom was a good woman
>>
>>72448704
> when I started developing symptoms of diabetes
> I'll be as fat as I can without developing diabetes

yeah dude i have some news for you
>>
TFW literally cannot gain weight past 180lbs because I hate overeating
Fffffffuck I'll never be aesthetic ;-;
>>
>>72449182
> a person which would be as fat as the woman in the picture you posted would have extreme difficulty losing weight due to already being so far down the rabbit hole

i think you're right, but you're phrasing it wrong.
the fatter you are, the more calories your body burns just to keep up basic life functions (TDEE), so for a fatter person it is theoretically easier to lose a lot of weight in a very short time.

take for instance a skinny woman of 110lbs: she'll have a very low TDEE and therefore there is very little room to create a deficit. she would therefore have to do a ton of sports to create enough energy expenditure that she would end up with a deficit.

a morbidly obese woman on the other hands probably burns as much as a lean, muscular guy. if she ingested as much as a skinny woman does regularly, her pounds would drop almost instantly.

it's still """"""hard"""""" for her because of selection bias though: she is morbidly obese and that means she almost certainly has a fucked up personality and is probably not a fully functional adult (childish, poor impulse control, emotional etc.).
if it weren't like this, she would not have become morbidly obese in the first place (apart from maybe 1 in 10.000 with a freak disease that no one has heard of).

she will therefore probably not possess the willpower to go through with a lasting lifechange or the foresight to truly grasp the consequences of her impulsive behavior.

so yeah, it's not harder for her on absolute scale ("goal : don't like a fucking hippo today") but on a relative scale, because she is infantile and underdeveloped.
>>
>>72449903
"Research"
>>
>>72446661
Notice how the male holds his hands as the knowing threat of being possibly sucked into the gravitational pull of this thing looms ever closer.

She purses her lips in attempt to stop the mayonaise erupting like a gyser. However futile. She tries.
>>
File: merunning.webm (451 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
merunning.webm
451 KB, 426x240
It's hard to exercise regularly if you don't just enjoy it. I like lifting, but hate hiking and running so I know female friends I could tear apart, but who out pace me easily on a walk.
>>
my desire for delicious overindulgence outweighs (heh) my desire to be thin
>>
>>72446723
He left out mentally ill as a cause, though. I mean mental health has an effect on how you feel, what you eat, and if you excercises. Not to mention, medication turns you into a energy less, unmotivated, mess.

I've been in the hole a few times for my various mental health issues. Everyone seemed to be at least a little out of shape, or underweight.

Sometimes eating is the only good feel you get, since the drugs break your dick and you can't even jack it anymore.

A lot of those meds fuck with metabolism and tire you the fuck out.

I'm just out of shape, but fuck if I can even get up in the morning for work. I don't have the strength to go to the gym.

I already take 8 busses a day and walk. I'm a tired son of bitch, as I swallow my anti-psychotics, lithium, and neurontin.
>>
File: fat acceptance nAZAAh5.jpg (39 KB, 572x577) Image search: [Google]
fat acceptance nAZAAh5.jpg
39 KB, 572x577
>>72446661
Fat is the new healthy you racist bastard. HEAS appraoch is scientifically proven to work. It is completely impossible for some people to lose any weight whatsoever.

Fat acceptance movement will make us all healthy and make fat people the norm, and all will be adapted to fat people. Just wait and see. Social justice has our backs.
>>
>>72449855
It's funny because she saves blonde hair, blue eyed chads with thick dicks. No double standards here.
>>
File: starbucks_sticky_bun_detected.jpg (231 KB, 881x629) Image search: [Google]
starbucks_sticky_bun_detected.jpg
231 KB, 881x629
>>72449855
>>
File: lGiX9Fr.png (17 KB, 626x624) Image search: [Google]
lGiX9Fr.png
17 KB, 626x624
>>72461290
>>
File: peperain.gif (1 MB, 360x416) Image search: [Google]
peperain.gif
1 MB, 360x416
>>72446661
If you want a real answer and why you can't understand it, it's a slippery slope that changes your brain chemistry after a certain point.

They don't want to be that way, and a few crazy ones featured in media are just lazy or stupid, but most fat people slowly got to that point (some way farther than others) and their brain rewires hunger receptors and dopamine regulation to mainly only be simulated by food. Especially hard when they develop depression first then turn fat, now becomes two battles. Throw on pain in moving (which is one of only two ways to fight being a fatass) or feeling like you're constantly starving for a year (even just not eating for a day for a normal person sucks) and you have an extremely hard uphill battle to fight.

But it's worth it. Easiest way is just to diet first with drinking water only, eat fruits, veggies, and protein. Start feeling better then work out.
>>
>>72446661

I'm lazy and when I do lose weight I just go back to my old ways and I am back to square fucking one. Then it just gets harder and harder to motivate myself to lose weight.
>>
>>72448664
If you need someone to talk to, frog, you have family here that is willing to listen.
>>
>>72461891
>and you have an extremely hard uphill battle to fight.
You forgot to add the part where the great majority of diet plans have no effect for a long time before weight starts to drop. When you have exactly no feedback, and you might just be harming yourself, on top of the pain from the exercise and nutrition, it's hard to find a reason to keep at it for long periods of time.
>>
>>72446661
They know it's because they eat too much and never do sport.
They just want to continue to eat like whale and never do sport.
>>
>>72462492
Actually, doing sport is an extremely inefficient way to lose weight until you are under the fat line (at which point the opposite is true).
>>
Every diet book can be summarized in four words:

Calories in, calories out.

It 100% begins and ends there. Losing weight is as simple as that. There is literally no scientific evidence against this basic fact of nature.
>>
>>72448664
Just hit the Gym. Worded for me. Especially because if You are fat and You will lose Wright much faster than normal peopel. After the First 3 or 4 Hard Weeks Youll get into it
>>
File: latest.jpg (42 KB, 680x540) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
42 KB, 680x540
>>72450146
>be cremator
>crematory has someone transported in who was medically morbidly obese
>280 pound behomth was airlifted to crematorium
>discuss with pal on whether to cut her in half or not
>shits against protocol
>have to fit hambeast into oven
>we begin preparations
>get gloves and begin hosing down with antisceptic
>find shit in fat folds
>nasty af infected sites
>weneedtogodeeper.fuckdicaprio
>folds ripple like the red sea
>we wash out things that no man should ever see
>friend finds old bandages in a fold
>godshelpusall.png
>santising gloves are used to help pack it all into the furnace
>weareburningtoomuchfuel.dimitry
>friend doesn't wanna fuck this up
>protocol dictates we use less fuel due to ventillation issues
>load up burner
>shitabouttogetreal.whathaveIdone...
>A few minutes...almost nothing...
>the space was so compact that the fat in body almost instantly ignited
>furnace fucking explodes
>metal door weighing 140 pounds flies open to a chorus of bubbling sounds as shit smelling fat pours onto the floor
>friend is bleeding as shards of metal scrap blasted out into his chest
>literal buckshot in my left testical
>pick up pieces of metal
>fat is beginning to burn all over floor
>friend got the worst injuries
>begins limping out to get medical aid
>I am in so much pain that I am just yelling
>hazy memories
>we got to hospital, friend was okay
>crematorium had to hire cleanup crew
>we never spoke about it
>new weight protocols enlisted into management
>quit job
>lost half my balls
>mfw fat people want to make people use a standard sized crematory
>mfw
>>
>>72450350
Having lived with two morbidly obese relatives, the honest answer is it depends.

My cousin would eat the recommended 3 meals a day, but they were HUGE portions that almost always topped 2k calories each. I'm talking 2 patty melts, a large shake, and two sides of onion rings from Whataburger. That was his lunch every other day. He's a teacher, so he would have to be on his feet constantly and in his mind that was enough exercise to reward himself with family-sized meals.

His mother, also a teacher, was a starver. She would eat tiny meals throughout the day, such as baby carrots for breakfast, some crackers for lunch, and an orange for dinner. Every single night though, without fail, she would come down to the kitchen and cook up a fucking feast. Not only was she eating huge amounts of food all at once, but she was also eating these meals right before bed.

Last I checked, my cousin has stopped drinking and started going to Xfit, and my aunt is going to lose her leg by Summer. It's a shame because she really is a sweet person, but still, fatties are repulsive and I'm sure I would love her more if she got healthy
>>
File: test power.gif (5 KB, 347x480) Image search: [Google]
test power.gif
5 KB, 347x480
>>72446661
Because they aren't trannies and therefore do not have free access to delicious testosterone
>>
>>72446661
Hedonism and nihilism.
>>
File: wdwdw.png (1 MB, 814x849) Image search: [Google]
wdwdw.png
1 MB, 814x849
>>72446661
The deeper you're into the hole, the harder it gets to climb out, the harder it gets to start climbing.

I agree we shouldn't glorify obesity, and I agree that ridicule is absolutely the right thing to do to purge this rotten mentality that seems to dominate western minds. But keep this in mind when approaching overweight friends or relatives, that you should always make it clear that you come from a position of charity.
>>
File: Untitled.png (87 KB, 656x859) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
87 KB, 656x859
>>72449397
>There is only ONE way to lose weight: Caloric deficit.

You might find this hard to believe, but in the United States, there is no mandate to teach this in schools, and many parents do not know this.

What we DO see on a daily basis are fad diets, "supplement" pills (sugar and/or sodium), exercise routines involving a $600 gadget that does 90% of the work itself, and people preaching FUCKING HYPNOSIS for weight loss.

At the same time we have a culture that DOES in fact shame people for seeking outside help (IE counseling), getting surgery, and promotes self-defeating depression.

Any major city will have more unhealthy fast food joints, and their fare will be CHEAPER than a healthy prepared meal ($1 double cheeseburgers vs $6.00 for a salad, $1.25 for a bottled water, $0.99 for a canned soda).

Type 'How to lose weight' in google and you get THIS bullshit (pic)
>>
>>72454419
Cool, now do that with 500 people and a 100 person control group.

One case is not science.
>>
File: semen.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
semen.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>tfw got fat after having acl surgery and no exercise in 2014
>tfw was finally allowed to exercise and lost all what i gained
I felt horrible for having a little pudge. I dont see how the fat asses get through the day without doing something to improve
>>
>>72446661
It's a mental health issue but we don't treat it as such.

Compulsive eating is very real and its caused by a lack of happiness an direction in life causing you to shovel your face full even when you're not hungry and then overeat at every meal.

Other side effects are lying about how much you eat to others so it seems normal or natural, drinking way too much sugary drinks too often, and being a fucking idiot about exercise because you're lazy.

Basically, these people need to be sent to re-education camps. Taxing them won't work. I have a friend who's a fat fuck and spends almost his entire paycheck on takeout, candy bars and soda already, he doesn't give a fuck if his soda is a bit more expensive next year.

They have to be helped, they are sick, like depressives and other malcontents.
>>
File: 1461640407927.png (111 KB, 500x287) Image search: [Google]
1461640407927.png
111 KB, 500x287
>>72465585
>21 Stone
>Stone
>>
>>72466320
>and their fare will be CHEAPER than a healthy prepared meal
That's actually a myth. Not only could you prepare a significantly higher quality version of the same meal for cheaper, you could instead opt for a healthy and balanced meal for even cheaper than that.
>>
>>72466688
[checked]
Nice fullhouse.
>>
>>72465585
>The deeper you're into the hole, the harder it gets to climb out, the harder it gets to start climbing.

This.
I was 400 pounds at one point.
I've lost 170. I have to maintain now for 4 months so my skin can adapt.

It is NOT easy. It took 2 years of dedication and daily monitoring of my calories. When you're 400 pounds, you can't go exercise anywhere but a pool either, so I could only exercise with small free weights during the 8 colder months of the year.

Luckily, I have my own pool, so I have that option for exercise that won't destroy my joints. I can't imagine the embarrassment of some 400 pound dude trying to swim in a gym pool to lose weight.
>>
>>72466320
I've tried explaining calories to people here in SC. It's fucking impossible. They see my weight loss progress, and they ask how I did it, say they've always wanted to, and then you can see the light dim in their eyes when I start explaining. Or they'll nod their head and say they understand, and then the next day on our lunch break they're eating a whole, medium size deep dish pizza.
>>
File: 1441296336740.gif (2 MB, 312x250) Image search: [Google]
1441296336740.gif
2 MB, 312x250
>>72446661
>Why do people stay fat, /pol/?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH5TMCR8etc
>>
>>72467088
>Not only could you prepare a significantly higher quality version of the same meal for cheaper, you could instead opt for a healthy and balanced meal for even cheaper than that.

Only if you buy in bulk, cook EVERY meal yourself, and budget responsibly.

Imagine trying to go shopping for bulk groceries weekly (produce spoils, after all!), and having the willpower and energy to cook 3 meals a day when you weigh as much as two fucking people (or more!).

If you've never been morbidly obese, you can't even begin to understand how much of an effort is required to stand in front of a stove for even 15 minutes, especially if you've been fat all your life and your knees are basically ground into a fine powder.
>>
On a semi-related subject, does anyone else make a game out of guessing what products contain High Fructose Corn Syrup?

It's not a very fun game. Because fucking everything does.
>>
>>72467892
Who cares? It's just cheap sugar. If you don't want high fructose corn syrup don't shop outside the produce section
>>
>>72447786
you made it brah

beetus is no joke. My mom has full fledged type 2 but even she is getting it under control
>>
I have been exercising for two weeks and have already lost 7 lbs. and I cheated on my diet three times. It is all calorie sin calories out. I am 5*9 and weight 240 lbs husky build and im 18. I want to get to 150 lbs and then make my weightback up to 250 over the course of 6 or 7 years but be insanely muscular and lean. Being fat sucks.
>>
>>72446661
>I just don't get it.

It's because .01% of fat people genuinely can't help it. So it's like five-point Calvinism--the Elect are ordained and only the Elect know that they are the Elect ergo many fat people think they must be victims of the freak minority's condition, so it's "not their fault" and "no matter what they do" they stay fat.

Because of their condition. Because here's some limited scientific documentation that proves some people can't lose weight.

Honestly that is their logic and it's mind-melting.
>>
>>72467885
>Only if you buy in bulk
To bake the same meal, no, actually. But you WILL have to buy at a farmer's market. The trick mostly lies in the insane margin that fast food joints put on their stuff.
To get a healthy meal for cheaper, yes and no. You'll be buying something like a year's supply at once, so I'm not sure if you want to consider that to be bulk or unit. Cooking is also mostly automatic: you put that shit in water and you're good to go. No special preparation needed beside adding salt.
>>
>>72448240
Halv-er-stone more like half-a-ton
>>
File: MAN THE HARPOONS.jpg (121 KB, 960x506) Image search: [Google]
MAN THE HARPOONS.jpg
121 KB, 960x506
>>72461290
>>
File: Beachguys.jpg (106 KB, 593x791) Image search: [Google]
Beachguys.jpg
106 KB, 593x791
>>72466849
Stones are heavy.
>>
>>72468300
>The trick mostly lies in the insane margin that fast food joints put on their stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_leader

Most fast food joints have loss leaders. Dollar menus, coupons items, 2 for 1 deals, etc.

The McDouble, for example, is 400 calories for $1.
>>
>>72446661
Former fat fag here. Many times I would find myself just gorging on food without putting any thought into it. Then I would suddenly come to my senses midway through eating a fucking roast beef sandwich at 3 AM. Not thinking is no excuse, obviously. Just insight into how people maintain that kind of body weight.
It took a long time to get past that.
>>
>>72447357
>*loses leg to diabetes*
Lost it
>>
>>72468780
But nobody cares about calories per $ as opposed to meal per $.
>>
>>72446661
i'm overweight from sitting around all day.

i joined a gym. although i haven't seen any big results in the mirror, i feel stronger and more energetic.

fat people (myself included) got fat because much of society ends up sitting around all day at work, school, and at home. our activities and jobs have changed, but our eating habits have not.
>>
>>72468200
>I have been exercising for two weeks and have already lost 7 lbs

Congratulations, you just lost some water weight.
It takes about 3-4 weeks of consistent exercise regime to see actual fat burned. You'll lose 5-10 pounds in the first week or so from water, then plateau for the next 2-3 weeks and feel like a miserable failure.

Power through it though.
>>
>>72447786
No, Blaha, you are still obese
>>
>>72446661
Most people become fat due to circumstances in their everyday lives that they are too stupid or too stuborn to change.
>>
We need to have carousel to take care of the fat people.
>>
>>72469180
This. You don't go from getting looks for being fat to being healthy by losing 5 stones.
>>
>>72468975
Calories per dollar matter when you're talking about how easy it is to get fat.

Yes, I COULD buy a bucket of crisco and BULK UP, but it's easier and tastier to hit the drive through and spend $3 a night on 3 McDoubles.

That's why it's so easy to get hueg.
It's delicious and simple and cheap compared to the effort involved in cooking.
>>
File: parakeet laughing.png (216 KB, 432x413) Image search: [Google]
parakeet laughing.png
216 KB, 432x413
>>72463976
Holy shit, fat people are annoying even when dead.
>>
>>72469105
Unfortunately its not as easy for everyone as it was for me. Used to weigh 180 pounds. Then i started being slightly more active, and my metabolism kicked into holocaust mode or somdthing. Dropped 40 lbs in a month, looked like skin and bones. Ive managed to gain some thickness from weightlifting, but i still only weigh 150, and cant manage to put more weight on.
Tl;dr: >I survived the holocaust
>>
>>72448170
kek
>>
>>72448170
kek
>>
>>72469642
Literally just standing in line and ordering is more effort than putting some rice and lentils in a pot with water and salt, let alone physically leaving the house.
>>
File: 1450482896046 (1).gif (1 MB, 297x208) Image search: [Google]
1450482896046 (1).gif
1 MB, 297x208
>>72449855
>
>>
>>72455250
That's her back.
>>
>>72467602
congrats m8, keep at it
>>
>>72446661
Fat keeps you fat.
>>
>>72467602
congrats.

swimming is awesome for losing weight, and it's even better when you have your own pool.

when i was a kid i was always husky, but then i moved to florida and there was a pool in our backyard. although i've been battling my weight for my whole life, i was in really good shape when i had a swimming pool at my house.
>>
>>72447479
So you actually prefer eating deepfried shit to sex?
>>
>>72468098
>beetus is no joke

Type II is yeah. Especially since so many doctors prescribe poison like Metformin that helps you lose weight super fast after you die from liver failure.

I've been Type I for a long time and it's not nearly as bad as what I've been exposed to on Type II. Feel sorry for those fucks because all I need are a couple shots and I have an A1C of 6 (normal).
>>
>>72446661
Once you get that fat you need to eat an incredible amount just to keep the mass.
If she ate just normal shit her body would burn off fat because it takes a lot of energy to maintain a thousand pound bulk.
>>
>>72446661
They're weak. They have no impulse control.
>>
>>72446661
You can ask the same about smoking and drinking excessively and drug abuse. People do these things because they feel good and some people are wired in such a way that they can't indulge with moderation.

Fat people are junkies plain and simple.
>>
>>72446661
Some people have eating disorders and use food like a junkie uses a drug.

So, it's like asking why can't an addict just stop? Don't they know what harm they're doing?
>>
File: Brita.png (294 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Brita.png
294 KB, 600x600
>>72451238
Who drinks bottled water regularly? They're meant to keep in the car for if you run out and for emergencies. Do many Americans have shitty tap water like Flint?
>>
>>72448664
DO IT FAGGOT! LIVE STREAM!
>>
>>72471310
She'd also be feeling like she's dying, including extreme fatigue, hormones out of whack, constant stomach pain, headaches, dizziness spells, etc.
>>
>>72471680
Found the slum nigger.
>>
>>72446661

>fat
>good job
>cute gf with better job
>still physically capable of keeping up with my gf when she wants to do active shit

There's no reason to lose weight unless you're that desperate to get a gf, and no gf you need to be attractive to get is going to turn out well.
>>
All the shit in the processed food they eat LITERALLY destroy their brain and practically turns them into Zombies.

Not joking, the shit they eat fry their brain and they become retarded. Is that so surprising though? If you look like that every other organ in your body is basically fucked and in need of constant medication so its only logical that it affects the brain to.
>>
>>72472415
lolno.
>>
>>72446661
Healthy at ANY size OP.

Remember this!
>>
>>72472340
How dare you hold any standard for anyone else when you yourself can't hold yourself to your own standards?
>>
>>72449306
Sides: gone
>>
>>72472622

In America, you can dare to do whatever you want, leaf.
>>
>>72467602
Congrats that's awesome
>>
File: drive thru.jpg (97 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
drive thru.jpg
97 KB, 640x480
>>72470112
>Literally just standing in line and ordering is more effort

Do you not have drive-throughs in Leaflandia?
In America, we drive to work and back every day. There like a 90% chance of a fast food place being on the way from work or home.

Americans can order their meals from the comfort of their personal car and even EAT in there too!
>>
>>72471680
i live in the pacific northwest. most of the water in our region comes from melting snow on mountains.

flint water came from the local river (which is contaminated with shit from factories).
>>
>>72447519
This guy gets its. There is a reason why the US is so fucking fat and disgusting. Every other country has all ready been subverted and de-armed so there is no reason to do that shit here but the US still has guns and the constitution so they decided to reduce the population able to resist with shit food. This also create a huge mass of fatasses that can't work and are dependent on the state for survival.

The FDA and everything else is a joke and if you got money you can sell what ever shit food you want and if that food causes heart problems that is just a win for your bros over at pharma.
>>
>>72472790
I only know of 2 drive through here and both are about 45 minutes away.
>>
>>72472790
America, fuck yeah!
>>
>>72473140
There are some thoroughfares in America where you can look down the street and count more than a DOZEN fast food places. They're not rare either.

The larger the city, the denser the population of fast food joints.
>>
>>72472517
>lolno.
Typical childish burger response when they are confronted with the fact that their diet sucks.
>>
why don't alcoholics just stop drinking?
why don't pathological gamblers just stop gambling?
It's an addiction OP, it's not easy to just stop doing the thing that gives you that sweet sweet dopamine hit. Doable? yes, but easy? no. You have to retrain your brain just like overcoming any other addiction.
>>
>>72450350
Insulin resistance and simple carbs. The body wasn't designed for pure refined sugar. Eat grain bread and oats or something and you'll process the carbs shower. Eat sugar and it's still nutritionally similar in that it's pretty much just carbs, but you'll get a sugar high and then be hungry again. People get addicted to that. Even fruit we eat has been bred to be more sugary than it naturally would be.
Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.