[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Boomers and Gen X such fucking retards? Pre-millennials:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 15
File: student-loan-debt-1024x804.jpg (191 KB, 1024x804) Image search: [Google]
student-loan-debt-1024x804.jpg
191 KB, 1024x804
Why are Boomers and Gen X such fucking retards?

Pre-millennials:
>Paid almost nothing for education.
>Thought it was a good idea to turn education into a profit monopoly.
>Could afford a full house on a low-mid paying job.
>Decided to inflate the house prices because none of them could think long term.
Then they wonder why Millennials are more likely to support Sanders who will make education free.

Millennials:
>Tens of thousands of debt the second they leave University.
>Have to take out even more debt because even high paying jobs can barely afford a house.

There is no more self-entitled, retarded, and all around cunty generation than Boomers and Gen X.
>>
>>72417369

Education isn't free anywhere where it is good. Here in the Netherlands you get a loan which is largely waved IF you graduate.
>>
>>72417369
>5 figure student loan debt.
So 1 year of working at McDonalds? If you want a university education then naturally you have to pay for it. If you can't get a well paying job out of it then it's your fault for choosing a terrible degree or being a terrible unemployable person.
>>
I am gen X, most of the people I grew up with are dread from drugs or suicide.
Gen X failed.
>>
>>72418770
millennial here, 25% of my high school class didnt graduate, well over 25% of the girls in my highschool class had children, of those that graduated vitrually all of them went into worthless lib art shit and wasted tons of money, all of them were junkies and partyer scum.
>>
>>72417369
Everyone who doing well from my graduating high school class all learned a train or technical school this who went to college are swimming in debt or can't find work.
>>
File: kk0xvtx[1].png (117 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
kk0xvtx[1].png
117 KB, 372x351
>paying for your education
>>
>>72417369
>Decided to inflate the house prices
>how does demand work
Should have studied something useful when you were wracking up that student loan debt.
>>
>>72417966
>If you want a university education then naturally you have to pay for it
Really?
>>
>>72417785
It's the same in Norway, 40% of it gets waved if you pass your courses.

Netherlands used to have a much better deal though, which from my understanding kept people in universities way past their due.
>>
They don't want to admit the truth. They fucked up and we have to deal with it. So instead they say it's our fault that no one can get a job even with degrees or that debt is absolutely everywhere..
>>
I knew the student loan meme was a trap and payed for school with scholarships.
>>
>>72417785
How does education here work exactly? (i moved here from another eu country)
I know that if you are 18 or something and go to a MBO you have to pay something around €1k but after that how does it work? Is it the same with HBO or do you pay for it like you would for a normal college in the US?
>>
>>72417966
this
>>
>>72417369
>There is no more self-entitled, retarded, and all around cunty generation than Boomers and Gen X.
They have destroyed UK, Canada, USA and Australia.
>>
>>72417369
>>Thought it was a good idea to turn education into a profit monopoly.

>Raise their own fucking children constantly shoving down their throats that they wont get anywhere in life if they dont go to college and they dont do what they "love".

Fuck you you scamming asswipes
>>
>>72417369
>ahah it's everyone's fault but mine
>I knew what was coming at me but I didn't do anything to avoid it
>fucking boomers and gen X amirite? xD
>upper education in my country is the only path in life there anyway
>moving abroad, learning a trade, starting a business if I took the time to get into a valuable hobby, all of that is shit because mom told me I have to get in debt to study in a shit university/college to end up struggling in the job market afterward and it sounded like a really good idea
>fuck boomers, it's because of them if I'm in this situation !
Now I know boomers are scum but there's no denying that millenials are fucking retarded too
>>
>>72417369
>l'ets get a loan for a degree which leads to unreal (womyn studdes Xdddd) or over-saturated jobs!
>why can't i pay debt back ????? :CCCCCC((((Cccc((CccC(C

Fuck off britbog.
>>
>>72417369
Honestly, I don't see how millennials have managed to fuck up this badly.

Even if you do end up with debt, nothing is forcing you to move out of your parents house simply because you are in college. You could just ask to live with them for another year or two and put your college-level salary into a savings account so that you can pay off your debt before you start living on your own.
>>
>>72419204
>>72417785

Interesting. But what prevents people from majoring in things that may not be conducive to the economy?
>>
>>72420460

Or staying in college forever, "graduating" 10 years later?
>>
>>72417369
>get useless degree
>unable to pay loan
Really "idiot tax" in a nutshell.
>>
>go to college
>load up on huge amounts of debt
>tell myself that it'll be okay because i'll get a decent job eventually and just pay it off because no wife/gf/kids/heavy bills
>graduate
>2 years later still no job
I have no idea what employers want during interviews. I've given up on the job hunt several times.
>>
Gen X never had as much power as boomers because there weren't enough of them.
Now Millennials are the same size population as boomers and are boomers 2 electric boogaloo while Gen X looks on at the two failures it's sandwiched between.
>>
>>72417369

> Millennials:
>>Tens of thousands of debt the second they leave University.
>>Have to take out even more debt because even high paying jobs can barely afford a house.

Millennials have nobody but themselves and their "special snowflake" parents (usually flower power late boomers and early genXErs) to blame:

1. Higher education used to be something only the ones truly gifted used to go, and usually after finding out their life vocation.

It was never cheap, hence the "college fund" trope so pervasive in sitcoms from the 80s and 90s. Parents had money for one, two kids in college at most. The rest would go to trade, apprenticeship or straight to the bottom rungs of the job market.

2. Owning a house used to be a lifetime commitment, usually simultaneously taken with another lifetime commitment: marriage.

People used to take a 40 years mortgage in their early 20s right about the time they would get married and stuck to their house and marriage for that long. That's also very visible in tropes from TV on that era, the old parents paying up the last mortgage payment and reflecting about the whole time spent together.

It was never cheap or easier to get higher education or owning a house. It is just that everybody nowadays feel entitled to that but, at the same time, do not want to take the lifelong commitment necessary to achieve those goals.

They want to take a big loan and go to a college course for a profession they don't even know if they will like (or have a job at the end), another big loan for a house they don't even know if they want to spend half a century living in it, and a big loan for an expensive marriage ring and party with a partner they don't even know if it's the one they want to spend their whole life.

And then they complain that previous generations had it easy.

Fucking millennials and their need for instant gratification and sense of entitlement.
>>
Millennials and Boomers are both worthless.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 218x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 218x330
>taking out a loan that you can't pay back
>>
>>72420829
/thread

someone kill me please
>>
>>72420645
gen x was raised by failures and raised failures and failed to accomplish anything.

take a guess at what that makes gen x.
>>
>>72420616
>I have no idea what employers want during interviews.
Diversity quotas. Just show up in a dress and tell them you're trans and 1/16 Native American.
>>
>>72417369
>old people just don't understand me
>MY generation is the first one to ever really "get it"
Ah, did you just turn fifteen? Happy birthday, OP.
>>
>>72417369
Why the fuck american students take loans?? Can't they work?
>>
>>72420460
>>72420357
You only get 6-7 years worth of loans or something.

And some claim that's a problem, others not. At the moment Norway is producing a greater surplus of economists than philosophers. Humanities are as popular here as they are anywhere, but gender studies have yet to really take off in popularity and most degrees have a useful minor.

There's also a shortage of teachers, so with added training in pedagogy most students from humanities/social sciences have that to fall back on. Those who've majored in economics, however, have little recourse now that the market is flooded.

From what I understand, and my dutch professor told me, netherlands didn't implement any kind of restrictions on their student loans deal which meant that people stayed in uni 10+ years and then had entirety of their loans covered by the government. Hence why the current deal is good but not great.

Keep in mind that most students don't pay more than 50-100 dollars in tuition fee, so the loans rarely amount to more than the total of a year's salary.
>>
File: trash.jpg (31 KB, 352x450) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
31 KB, 352x450
>>72417369
>Why are Boomers and Gen X such fucking retards?
Reminder that you're asking people to give a shit about your problems when they don't even give a shit about you.
>>
>>72420502
Nothing, but you actually have to graduate within X years from starting it so if it's lets say take 4 years to graduate you have only 6 years to do it or something like that.
>>
>>72420645
so much this, gen x are fucked but at least they aren't fucking naive retardads like millenials
>>
File: image.jpg (340 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
340 KB, 1536x2048
Why not make a law mandating retirement at 65 so that way the jobs keep on moving down the ladder to the ones who need it? Yeah sure some old poor people get fucked over but they're gonna die soon anyway and it's for the better of society.
>>
>>72417369
52 here. Gen X is not responsible for any of your problems. This is all the doing of the millennials. Not only the economical issues, but the degenerate issues are caused by your generation. There weren't many economic issues or SJW'S back in the 80s-90s. Things were so much better back then, but you can't come to the reality that you did this. The boomers and us did nothing wrong.
>>
>>72421689
Because you don't vote and old people do.
>>
>>72417369

I'm 32yo and spent $80,000 on a BPS...issued by the Culinary school I matriculated at. I paid off my debts in 8 years. Gen Y/Internet Gen IS lazy. Before it was "trendy" to be a Chef it was my passion. The problem with the freshest college grads is they study the same useless shit no one is hiring for. It's like nurses back in the 80s. Everyone in the late 70s studied to be a nurse and the market became so flooded that their degree was worthless until the 2000s.

Pick a recession proof craft/trade and learn it. I make more than most of my peers with PHDs.
>>
>>72421689
>Why not make a law mandating retirement at 65

Do you like Bernie Sanders?
>>
>>72418770
Also Gen X here, I would argue we were the first generation that lived of the tit for to long, not like Millennials but our Parents saved had a higher socioeconomic standing that allowed us to give less of a fuck. As parents gen X raised their children with a lessened need for achievement and hard work so it got worse. We failed you in parenting. Myself excluded was married for 10 years no children, spent my time overseas pissing off Muslims so millennials could cry and complain how unfair it was, and how brutal it was, I tried i must have has a least a small effect in lessening the number of Goat fuckers who are fleeing, could have done more but you wanted to fight with comedians and understanding.
>>
we millennials will have to pay for what those generations have done in the future. And on top of that, many of us are brainwahsed leftist cucks. My god what a time to be alive.
>>
>>72421769
Voting has nothing to do with retirement.

>>72421885
Not at all. Why?
>>
>>72417369
>Then they wonder why Millennials are more likely to support Sanders who will make education free.
Well considering it costs an incredible amount of money to make something "free", no shit
How about fighting for requirements that don't include having a PhD and 5 years of working experience to get a decent job instead of vowing for a jew to kill your economy and already fading white race?
>>
>>72417369
Welcome to the coming crash. Boomers Xers etc will pay. Nothing is free
>>
>>72422011
And you're the first people that has ever happened to. What a unique position you find yourselves in.

>>72422014
It has to do with laws, retard.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 480x480
>>72417369

>Millenials
>not the most entitled generation
>mfw when the most oppressed group of people on the planet are white girls in icy league schools paid for by mummy and daddy
>>
>>72422011
And as a country we spent 50 years paying to protect you from the red menace while you devised ways to take care of only yourself, and import undesirables to take care of as well. I want out of NATO just to see what happens when you actually have to pay to defend yourselves.
>>
I went to university, got a good degree and £24k of debt, and went into a grad level job.

I will never pay it off. I'll be stuck effectively paying an extra 9% income tax until it gets written off after 30 years. On my current salary of £31k the repayments (taken out of my pay before I ever see it) are less than the interest charged.

Will never own a house either.

Vote Corbyn.
>>
>>72422074
Imagine where Bulgaria would be if your Gen Xers didn't invest in pyramid schemes, allow organized crime to infest every corner of your country or flee in mass?
>>
>>72419252
HBO costs about 2k Eur a year for the first 6 years and you can get the student loan program for it
You have to graduate in 10 years or you are no longer in the loan program and have to pay back everything
After 6 years government subsidies for your education stop and a year costs about 20k eur
>>
>>72422362
We're commies, so we didn't have much potential to begin with
>>
File: 1393295236134.jpg (90 KB, 547x720) Image search: [Google]
1393295236134.jpg
90 KB, 547x720
>>72417369
Ive nevwr understood this. It is completely possible to graduate virtually debt free with hard work. If you dont spend your summers in between being retarded you can get internships that will pay your next semester If you manage to keep your BASIC in state schokarship by not fucking around during the semester. It is difficult and I miss out on some social events, but im going to graduate straight into a job that will pay the 12k I do owe (freshman year) in a matter of months.

Besides college shouldnt be free. Otherwise what would define me on my resume of being a better candidate than everyone else If everyone goes to college, especially with affirmative action in place.
>>
>>72422414
Have the Roads gotten better have not been there since 2002 when Boyko made me leave because Ipon-1 was mob connected and I refused to work with with a crook.
>>
Lol just lol @ how incompetent millennials are with their education and finances.

I left college with about $20k in debt because I went to a state school and actually worked while in school instead of just smoking weed all day. And guess what else. My debt is paid off two years later because I went to school for something that isn't a useless philosophy degree.

The debt isn't the problem. The problem is society telling these kids they're special snowflakes and that they'll be able to get a real job with "any degree". If they would go into fields that actually have demand then debt wouldn't be a problem at all.

Throw on top the fact that they buy every new iphone and take trips "abroad" when they obviously can't afford, they get double fucked because they don't know when to save and when to spend. They deserve their crippling debt.
>>
>>72422369
Jesus christ.
Which provider are you using?
I pay like 40 euro per month for HBO plus internet.
>>
>>72420829
The numbers say different, vs the median wage tuition and hiuse costs have skyrocketed. I blame banks and the govt for handing out loans like candy
>>
>>72417369
Stopped reading at gen x.

You are clearly a jew faggot.
>>
>>72417369
That's not what monopoly means you pathetic faggot. Whine to your reddit buddies.

These are market problems caused by distortionary regulation. And now, you inbred Islamic nanny state bitch niggas want more such regulation. I mean seriously, die.
>>
File: 1458770121724.jpg (473 KB, 852x3647) Image search: [Google]
1458770121724.jpg
473 KB, 852x3647
>>72423141
Ebin joke kankerlijer
>>
Pre-millennials:
>Worked and kept the money for Education

Millennials:
>Doesn't work just take a loan and then latter complains

wew
>>
>>72421746
>The boomers and us did nothing wrong.
Eat a dick I hate the SJW even more tehn you and I'm a GenYer and no your gen and the boomers have fucked up everything completely. Studied IT by the time I got out all the starting positions had been offshore to India and China and the Philippines.
>You expect me to not be bitter.
>>
>>72423191
Cannot forget the expansion of useless liberal arts curriculum, the faculty to teach it. Also there was a need between 1990-2000 to update technology in a way that was unprecedented in history. Libraries replaced by computer labs etc.
>>
>>72417966
>So 1 year of working at McDonalds?

Conveniently ignoring how 1/3rd of your income is fleeced by the government, and then all of your check will go into living expenses, then what little is left goes to pay your loans, it would take a lot more than a fucking year.

I mean I don't disagree with your point, you can work off a debt, MCdonalds is a shitty fucking example.

Unless you want to rewind the clock 50 years, then working 3 months at McDonalds during the summer was enough to pay for a whole year of classes with no debt.
>>
>>72417785
Not true, education is totally fine here
>>
>>72421746
Fuck that you help raised these degenerates, you like my gen are in some part responsible for the results. But I would agree these fuckers don't work I was 14 when I got my first job.
>>
>>72423550
Ah yes the famed Finnish education
I've heard education is very good there
However afterwards all students somehow become depressed and get an under qualified job
Why is that?
>>
>>72423550
Must be to create the economic powerhouse that is Finland!
>>
>>72417369
Had a talk with my parents yesterday about getting jobs. Tell them the market is too hard to compete in and the only thing available are low end, min. wage jobs. Even then, everyone requires you to fill out online applications with a shit ton of requirements that I'll never obtain.
Dad flat out tells me he's never had to search for a job like that.
He's worked the same job since he was 19. He's almost 48 now.
>>
Oldfags, what was America like in the 80's?
>>
>>72423778
You could try asking for him to vouch for you where he works.

Nepotism os a beatiful thing and you should embrace it.
>>
>>72417369
>taking on thousands of debt for worthless degrees
Sounds like shitllenials are the fucking retards, which would be par for the course
>>
>>72423920
we tried that. They don't do that at his factory apparently. They say to just let them handle the application process.
>>
>>72423819

I'm not a Merkin but I lived there 83-89.

I think the main difference is that people were content. Nowadays everyone is always looking forward, they're always striving to make more money, win more prestige, outdo the successes of their peers. Back in the 80s people were more happy to live their simple lives. If a man worked 40 years managing a shoe store making enough money for a couple of vacations to the next state over he'd consider himself to have lived a happy life. The same man now would be filled with regrets over not fulfilling the potential the entire world falsely told him he had.
>>
>>72417369
I'll have 120k in debt after graduate school
>>
>>72423819
The 80's were great Liberal was a bad word, and could kill a candidate. You had a identity within your community, parents gave a shit you could get out of high school and go work somewhere and support a family better than you can today with most any degree. Russia was scary, we ran around pretending to kill ruskies like red dawn James Huberty was the only mass shooter we knew. Even television was corny but the bad guys didn't scare you. was
>>
>>72423426
I was going to do an Information Systems degree so you would advise against it?
>>
>>72422277

>mfw I will have 50k in debt
>will be able to pay it off in 2-3 years, already ran the math

Live below your means, don't take a shit major. ??? WOW, SO MUCH MONEY.

Also fuck these cunts. If they make college free, they better not only forgive ALL of my debt but repay me what I already paid off. Seriously how is this shit gonna work? How do you make it fair when the last decade or two we've had college debt? What about them?

You're simply entitled and blow tons of money on useless shit. You don't NEED a house for just yourself. What's wrong with a small apartment share? Why are you so entitled? Why do you need the latest iphone and a 150 dollar a month plan? Why do you need starbux every day and concerts or clubs every weekend? Why do you need to constantly eat out, and drive the newest model car, and buy new clothes every month? Fucking entitled.

>"poverty" level is 22k
>mfw I live like a king on half that in a high cost of living area

Just stop being so entitled. You don't NEED a house and a car, especially not nice new ones. Why do you think you need an entire house just for yourself? When we are getting married so much later and having few if any kids. Why do you think you need an entire cunting house? Think depression era. They lived with their parents until they got married, and only got a house because they had like 5 kids. They didn't need a car to get to work...they walked or used alternative transport. They made due with the clothes they had and they cooked their own meals. And they sure as hell didn't have the latest gadgets and shit. They maybe borrowed books from friends or the library, and they were content.

Most of our history as human beings was like that. How the boomers lived must be viewed as a fluke. It's unsustainable. A temporary blip of unreasonable wealth on a scale of a hundred thousand years of barely scraping by. Protip: We've always had a peasant class and you're it.
>>
MUH art history major
>>
>>72424124
We wouldn't have to if every job application wasn't retarded and run by HR retards most jobs at least in Aus expect that degree even shit tier ones.
>>
>>72419244
>4 years in the Marines

>Use GI Bill and Post 9-11 GI Bill to earn Master's Degree

>Zero debt

feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>72424438
I'll probably live with my mum for a years after I've finished university just to pay off my degree you can still live on your own or share a house with some friends and pay it off in a few years this current generation always needs the latest phone, car and other bullshit.
>>
>>72417369
Uhhhh...many past generations worked full/part time jobs while going to school full, part time.

Student loans were not even a thing for past generations. But millennials think they are too good to work to pay for their own education, there would be no time for selfies and social media .*gasp*

Quit your whining kid. Your generation got DUPED into glorifying government as always helpful.
>>
>>72424622
AMEN
>>
>>72417369
Bad news, bucko, GenX was paying similar tuitions as the Millennials are. I could not pay for college by working summers and having a part-time job. I left with copious debt.

We were both raped by the boomers.
>>
File: knuckles.gif (909 KB, 350x260) Image search: [Google]
knuckles.gif
909 KB, 350x260
>>72420460
People that have already graduated with something useful and felt like dropping disposable income on going back. I've met people who go back and get multiple degrees on their own dime from what the first one got them.

But then these people have largely been boomers who could afford to pay for college with no debt by working. lol by just getting a job. Imagine how good they had it and they have no clue.
>>
>>72424622
in the case of America in 50-60s you could pay your year long tuition with part time summer jobs, try to do the same now please.

You will give me the extreme examples of going to the shittiest lowest cost community college while doing the most difficult part time job you can get, but that doesn't change the fact that wages went down while tuition costs went up.
>>
>>72417369
Gen X reporting in. Sorry suckers but you're fucked.

Bought my 400k house from a retired boomer before the bubble.

Plan on paying your life savings and then some for a place with bars on the windows, and rightfully so.
>>
>>72417369
You can easily fix this problem by not going to college. If you still feel the need to go to college then actually get a degree that means something.
t. millennial
>>
>>72421019
They thought theyd get a job to pay it off but no job
>maybe you should have majored in something useful
Maybe banks shouldn't loan people money for such degrees
Maybe people should be allowed to file for bankruptcy for student loans
>>
>>72420829
What you describe has been happening for decades. Millenials didn't start high divorce rates my friend. The moment that no fault divorce was introduced in the west, or anywhere in fact, divorce rates skyrocketed.

It was far cheaper and easier to get a house decades ago. Are you delusional? A single blue collar factory worker used to be able to afford an entire household and still be able to save money. You're telling me that that is still widely possible?

College was far cheaper back in the day. Everything was. This is objective reality.
>>
>>72421746
>There weren't many economic issues or SJW'S back in the 80s-90s
People were joking about PC people all the time back then, sadly those PC people went to blue pill the world further
>>
>>72421746
someone never watched donny darko.
>>
>>72421746
Gen X here. You are delusional.
>>
>>72424426
I think that might be one of the safer ones, sorry tipsy right now and can't recall at the top of my head. In Australia beware if you work in IT/ Digital Media there is a chance of your job being taken by some curry smelling cunt or they'll fly him over on work visa and still pay him less to do your job.

I hate this current government how it embodies the "fuck you I got mine" attitude of the boomer generation.
>>
File: debtors.jpg (67 KB, 600x420) Image search: [Google]
debtors.jpg
67 KB, 600x420
>>72419742
>get stabbed
>it's not the person who stabbed you but your fault for being stabbed
entitled fucks am i right?
>>
File: STEM meme.jpg (120 KB, 960x711) Image search: [Google]
STEM meme.jpg
120 KB, 960x711
>>72421777
>Pick a recession proof craft/trade
>nurses back in the 80s
>"trendy" to be a Chef
>the STEM meme
nothing is immune from over-saturation
>>
>>72426887
Stem degree holders who do not have a stem job usually chose to not work stem
>>
>>72420061
Nah. It is more like

>take 50,000 dollar debt to gonto computer science and programming course
>graduate
>get job at Dell
>Dell fires everyone and hires illegals and h1b (immigrants and h1b workers steal comouters and parts galore kek)
>Dell goes bankrupt and has to go private

Meanwhile

>applying for job with my degree
>over qualified for fast food and retail and too old to be hired for labor jobs
>take first job over minimum wage because its a miracle from god
> $8.20 an hour to scrub toilets and get worked like a slave by muslim bosses at USAA, they cant even operate the computer software, they replaced the white and asian americans in a blink of an eye.
>>
File: job-hunt-day-1-to-day-61.jpg (191 KB, 700x1440) Image search: [Google]
job-hunt-day-1-to-day-61.jpg
191 KB, 700x1440
>>72427011
>chose to not work stem
because there aren't enough jobs to go around
>>
>>72423331
t. kankerlijer
>>
File: 1449582222448.jpg (72 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449582222448.jpg
72 KB, 500x500
>>72424622
24 here. Employed and paying off my wife and I's debt.

The main difference between the previous generation and this one was the incentive to go to college. I and everyone my age was told by the previous generation that you HAD to go to college to be viable in the work force. This oversaturated the market and allowed colleges to increase their tuition at an exorbitant rate. Rather than working while you're in school to pay for college, we worked to pay for our food/living and needed to take out a loan.

There isn't anything wrong with this, but what scares most people in my generation is that this is the first major investment that they make. I see this as 'take out loan now for more money in the workforce later, pay back over time and build credit'. Nothing wrong with that, it's just different.

I think what bothers people in my generation is the lack of perspective that Gen X doesn't understand that it really IS different. Not bad... just different. I think less people should think of college as their only option, however, unless their chosen field requires it.

/endsermon.
>>
>>72427192
dunno about the US, but the engineering school i go to has 95% employment figures within 6 months from graduation, most of which in a related field and with decent income
also we don't have that fucking massive debt, most people go to collage thanks to families who can afford it
>>
>>72417369
gen x here. boomer parents were fuckoffs. didn't pay for college. I didn't want to pay either. Ended up in computers. I make 80hr. paid for my millenial's entire private expensive college to study the same. she makes 20hr. on an internship. she will likely make 40hr. on her first job. feels good man. sorry if your parents were shit like mine.
>>
>TFW my 3 years of uni cost the same as one year does now
>TFW had a 4 bedroom victorian town house at 30 on a graphic designers wage

I genuinely feel for kids these days. However you'd all be less fucked if you still had communities like we did. Now every man is an island, and as soon as any one of you little shits gets so much as a penny more than your peers you turn into boot licking shills for your paymasters and laugh while others in your position struggle or fall.

Divide and conquer worked like a charm, and you all think if you hate each other enough that you'll one day be in the tent pissing out.

You never will.
>>
>>72423315
>butthurt former CDO broker detected
>>
>>72417369

31 here, own my own business and house. I went to Junior College for a two year degree and college hasn't meant shit in the real world. You can just lie on applications kek. I hope all you niggers who fell for the muh college meme fucking drown. Especially since college don't put out anything but fucked up feminists and entitled niggers now.
>>
>>72427732
The problem is that not all STEM are created equal. Engineers are always useful, people who studied fish sex are not.
>>
File: axgBE.png (429 KB, 601x400) Image search: [Google]
axgBE.png
429 KB, 601x400
>>72428756
kek

>"Hi, Anon!"
>pic related on screen
>*alt tab, PC Screen freezes*
>fuck fuck fuck fuck
>qt grill comes around to see what you're working on
>"Whatcha~..."
>...
>...
>>
>>72424796
>Master Lock

Yep, that seemingly crazy gif looks about right.
>>
>>72419742
>moving abroad, learning a trade, starting a business if I took the time to get into a valuable hobby
funny that all that actually costs money eh?

>Moving abroad is a fucking headache
>learning a trade takes years of study

>practicing a hobby is somehow impossible for students
k

'le anything is possible if you put your mind to it' underage jobless faggot detected
>>
>>72428581
>lie on applications
Always wondered how much people do this. I have been considering what kind of lies I could get away with.
>>
>>72419196
In the UK, there are now more houses per person than ever. The so called 'lack of supply' is due to our government purposely encouraging speculators to invest in slave-box houses and push up the prices by haggling amongst themselves. Fortunately, there is already a house price crash underway.
>>
If you get a degree that's worthwhile and do well you'll be fine.
If you are stupid, then you starve.
If you make bad choices, you starve.
If you can't do a simple cost benefit analysis of whether or not you should go to college, then you have no right to claim help from anyone else.
Don't get in the way of worthwhile people while you're dying.
>>
File: baby boomers.jpg (125 KB, 838x983) Image search: [Google]
baby boomers.jpg
125 KB, 838x983
>WAAAH I HATE YOU DAD YOU RUINED THE WORLD

Have you tried growing up? Oh wait, /pol/

Like the addition of gen X in this now since you realized /pol/ nowadays is a little too young to bitch about boomer parents.
>>
>>72422491
>internships
>paid

Where the fuck have you been grandpa? The times have changed.

Two of my internships were unpaid, the other was effectively $4/hour.

Cal Econ major.
>>
>>72417369
Your millennial tears only make my penis harder.
>>
>>72434236
Are you sure that's not just your Viagra, gramps
>>
>>72417369
>Not having parents who were ready to be parents.
>>
>Be Dutch
>Parents saved around 10k which I use for tuition and books (1900+around 600 in books per year)
>Government pays for my travel so I can live at home (no costs)
>Government gives me free money so I don't have to work and can focus on my studies
>Ill walk out with a Law degree and 0€ debt
>Use the money I make from my first job to pay back parents because they made this possible. Will do the same for my children.

Live is fucking good here, unless you are a degenerate and get more loans than you need to pay to tuition and don't get a degree in 6 years.
>>
>>72417369
Boomers and Gen X also all voted for Dems their whole lives.
Dems who drove away every manufacturing job in the country.

On top of that, I'm taxed 3x as much as my parents were when they were in their 20s.
>>
>>72417369
>school don't prepare millennial kids properly
>parents:"you can be whatever you want to be! you're special!"
>kids major in something retarded
>"millennials suck mirite?"
>>
>>72417369
>Have financial aid
>Lose it for one semester (2.9/3.0)
>Inquire about the loan thing
>Family offers to help instead
>Familial "Help" is actually a lie
>Acquire $14,000 debt for a semester you'd been informed was given as a gift.
>Now try the loan thing
>Find out your family didn't want you to look into loans to cover them stealing your identity previously and fucking up your credit
>Can't get private loans
>Can't attend because can't afford to pay of $14,000 with 2 weeks' notice
>Lose financial aid permanently because no continued attendance
>Move back home, work min. wage job
>No responses for transfer status to an affordable* uni
>Can't afford to move out
>Get shit every day from family.
>"You'd be in school again by now if you wanted it bad enough."

*Assuming I work full time while in school.
>>
>>72435769
>college age people can't make up their own minds and make their own decisions.
>>
>>72436451
You really think the average American 18-24 year old has the mental capacity to make smart decisions?
I don't even think the age of consent should be until around 26 here because people can't be trusted to fuck without 'muh consent'
>>
>>72424166
I noticed that in the medical field. Everyone wants to be a step higher like nursing to nurse practitioner and physian assistant to anesthesiology... They want nothing but money and glory.
>>
>>72437100
The expansion of media has lead to the deification of the rich by millennials. You don't just hear about what some super rich person does through word of mouth and continue on with your day, you're surrounded by hearing about the super rich day in and day out, told that's what everyone should strive for, and often shown people far younger than most wealthy people are and put down by relatives for not already being a billionaire yet. At least, that's how my family works.
>>
inb4dedthread
>>
>>72427508
what about the debt your wife's son will accumulate in the future?
>>
>>72435358
how high do you think taxes were when america was at its prime?
>>
>>72439924
Kek
>>
>>72417369
>muh war between the generations maymay
just another kike division tactic
>>
>>72432238
Also all the goddamn wogs.
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.