[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Austrian Election Results vs The Polls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: 4a8259427562956.jpg (94 KB, 1064x529) Image search: [Google]
4a8259427562956.jpg
94 KB, 1064x529
The anti-immigration Freedom Party of Austria (FPÖ/FPOe) has won the Austrian presidential election first round with 36.7% of the vote.

The opinion polls, pic related, were WAY off. Suspicious?

The FPOe's leader is one Norbert Hofer.
The Greens, lead by Alexander van der Bellen, came second with 19.7%.
Independent candidate Irmgard Griss, a former judge, got 18.8%.
Because no one candidate got over 50% of the vote, a second round will be held on May 22, between Hofer and either Griss or Van der Bellen.

Austria has been ruled by the Social Democrats (SPOe) or the People's party (OeVP) since 1949, but their candidates, Rudolf Hundstorfer (SPOe) and Andreas Kohl (OeVP) came joint fourth with just 11.2% each. So the two main parties got totally BTFO.

The president doesn't have much, if any, executive power (though he can dismiss governments, and Hofer has said he will do just that as President if the migrant invasion doesn't stop), but the result does show that a hefty sum of Austrians are leaning to the right.

The current president is Heinz Fischer, who is officially an independent, but who only became independent as a ceremonial courtesy upon entering office, it seems. Prior to that he was with the SPOe. Is is normal for the President to become independent on entering office?

Also, aren't there any more polling stats? Prior to an election, the UK would have like at least 1 poll a day. Lel@Austria's lack of pollig infrastructure.

http://newobserveronline.com/fpo-presidential-election-earthquake/
>>
Austria NO
>>
File: confused.gif (901 KB, 500x228) Image search: [Google]
confused.gif
901 KB, 500x228
>>71932001
>Results vs the polls

>"how did we get it so wrong" the pollsters say
pic related
>>
South Germans yet again proved they're superior than Preuße untermenchen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP9Wp6QVbsk
Time for austropop!
>>
File: tumblr_nnfnmuQXO31usms06o1_400.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnfnmuQXO31usms06o1_400.gif
13 KB, 633x758
>>71932401
>you will never be a cute little girl

JDIMSA. So much JDIMSA.
>>
>>71932001
not too many poll stats since only the president gets elected, not chancellor
>>
File: thehappening.gif (973 KB, 312x213) Image search: [Google]
thehappening.gif
973 KB, 312x213
>>71932001
>looks at wikipedia
>36% compared to 20%
wow austria. wow. it really is happening.
>>
>>71932001
Great news
>>
Irmgard Griss was going to run for the FPOe anyways, she's a far right winger too. All in all, conservatives won 66% of the vote. Maybe Europe will uncuck itself
>>
File: 1461399475794.jpg (22 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
1461399475794.jpg
22 KB, 540x360
>>71932001
so good
>>
>>71932629
You can be mine, Mohammed :)
>>
>>71932001
Is there the yuro style stigma of 'if I say I'm voting for a mildly nationalistic party that's just as economically left wing as everyone else I'm a fucking nazi' attached to the FPO? Would people lie to pollsters because of it?
>>
>>71934503
That combined with voter turnout. Young people are generally leftist fucks but young people usually don't vote, unless they are /pol/iticised.
>>
>>71934503
Yes because it was the NSDAP once
>>
>>71934503

People would lie - in all the polls the green party does better and the fpö does worse than the actual results. It's just an image thing.

But - I wouldn't say the Fpö is economically leftish. In the parlament they vote against higher benefits, more taxation for the rich and generally like neoliberals.

If they get the presidency and maybe voted into the government I suppose poor people would get what they want in terms of immigration policies, but they would be majorly fucked economically.
>>
Habsburg Empire when?
>>
>>71935092
Every party, short of the actual leftists, are ultra-capitalistic. But right now, the average European doesn't care about the economy (except for TTIP), he only cares about immigration.
>>
>>71935369

I am down with that since i am well off financially - i don't give a shit if the poor stay in the gutter.

It just annoys me when the poor people think they will get saved by the fpö - that used to be the big narrative before the rapefugees.
>>
File: gondola poistaa kebabin.jpg (33 KB, 604x340) Image search: [Google]
gondola poistaa kebabin.jpg
33 KB, 604x340
>>71932001
>>
>>71935369
>cradle to grave welfare state
>big money given concessions little businesses just aren't
>ultra capitalistic
The social democrats that run Europe are all fascism light, as stamped and approved by the US during the cold war.

Liberalism died in the US during the depression, it died in Europe after the war.
>>
>>71935369
Well considering that the other parties did jacked shit for poor people and only for immigrant leeches, its not that bad of a choice for poor people.
>>
>>71936609

Other parties constantly want to do stuff -the fact remains that the fpö actively voted against legislation to help the poor and tax the rich.

Overall the big parties are sluggish old sacks of lard, but sometimes voices do pipe up to try and do stuff - but nah, the fpö will vote against it. Our money for our people is taken quite literally, as in make and keep life as easy as possible for the rich party members. In contrast to the other parties there is hardly any evidence to the contrary, but the big parties get all the blame things stay the same.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.