[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why aren't you working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 498x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 498x500
i get sundays off, have no friends, and family lives 3 states away, i visit them once a year around christmas

why the fuck aren't you busting your ass off?
>>
i want a REAL answer, /pol/
>>
>>71384850
Why haven't you killed yourself yet?
>>
>>71384850
Don't feel like it
>>
too busy enjoying life desu. how will you justify this to yourself when you're facing death and have nothing but slavery to look back on
>>
bump, i know one of you faggots are going to call me stupid or a slave

i work for a small moving company, i am not a slave, they pay me
>>
would rather be poor and enjoy life then slave away wasting all my time working
>>
Welfare pays all my bills brother
>>
>>71384850
I am, just got back from work
>>
>>71384963

>enjoy life

bra i have crippling depression, i don't enjoy this meaningless exsistance one bit
>>
>>71384850
Because i work seven days a week and haven't seen my family in almost ten years you fucking pleb.
>>
NO RELIEF
>>
because i can do math
>>
Because I don't want too. Also I'm not a sperglord who puts all his self worth into how much money I earned someone else.
>>
File: download.png (9 KB, 280x180) Image search: [Google]
download.png
9 KB, 280x180
>>71384850
is these guys? i worked for them for two years during the crash, got in crazy good shape.

I wouldn't do it during a boomering economy tho bro, you should look into masonry if you are 'tarded or programming if you are a sperg/tranny.
>>
I work 8 hours a day 5 days a week the capitalism meme is pretty much bullshit when you can pirate literally every form of media now days... All you need is a computer and an Internet connection

I'd be much happier with a small stipend for food and rent rather than slave away for the next 30 years of my life
>>
I wish I was. 15 hrs this week :( Food stamps here I come.

At least when I start back school I'll feel productive this fall.
>>
>>71385496
lol this guy thinks the retirement meme is still going to exist in 30 years.

sorry bro, its not normal for oldies to fuck around for an additional 2-3 decades waiting around to die. You will work till ~7 months before death.
>>
File: 1443948487264.gif (417 KB, 334x500) Image search: [Google]
1443948487264.gif
417 KB, 334x500
adhd and social phobia ;_;
>>
File: 1454942992129.jpg (40 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
1454942992129.jpg
40 KB, 500x351
>>71384850
Already do m8. Though half my job is shitposting and napping.
>>
>>71384850
>being a wagecuck in 2016
>>
Because when you develop actual skills you pic and choose your hours I like to keep my around 50 never work weekends
>>
I did. And then I realized there is more to life than money. I busted my ass and missed a lot of time with my family because of work. If I'm working 12 on 12 off 6 days a week, my children might as well be raised by a single mother and I'd rather my kids not turn into degenerate coal burning strippers.
>>
>>71384850
Because I live in America and don't want to subject myself to such Communist slave like conditions
>>
>>71385862
plus once you make more money, bernie will get elected and just take it to pay for niggers.

Why would I waste my time so they can have more kids?
>>
Here, we really dont have a choice. We must work 12h day, 6 days per week.
>>
I work 8 - 10 hours a day 6 days a week. Also pt college student. Will have summer off of school, will probably bump up time considerably. So... Basically am doing that. The bigger question, OP, is why you're so proud of having no friends.
>>
I currently work 6 days a week for a cigar store.

I'm assistant manager but making plans to move up in the corporation to possibly work out of Boulder, Colorado one day.

I have to learn how to do payroll, interviews, calculate tax, and basically run the store while the boss is gone.

Life is ok.
>>
don't have to. if your family died already and they left you a few million it's senseless to work that hard and be miserable.
>>
>>71384850
Because industrialization, machinery, and computing were invented so I don't have to work for 12+ hours.
>>
>>71384850
I work 14 hours a day 7 days a week
>>
i used to do that many hours but new boss cut hours and hire more people instead. God i hate her. Anyway, what are jobs with that many hours hours?
>>
i do
it sucks, but i like work
it's one place where i'm reasonably successful
it keeps me from indulging in too many self-destructive behaviors
>>
>>71385241
>Doesn't work

>Isn't a sperglord
>>
We didn't work that much when fucking jungle cats were chasing us around

Society has regressed to something deserving of obliteration
>>
>>71384850
My question is how much do you earn from all that?
I could work part time and make more than some people even if they worked those kinds of hours.
>>
File: 1460701417293.jpg (9 KB, 218x330) Image search: [Google]
1460701417293.jpg
9 KB, 218x330
Because I work in my father's company
>>
>>71384850
Why don't you get a better skill set? One which nets you more than minimum wage?
>>
>>71384850
the last 3 weeks ive been doing that
surprisingly easy once you make peace with never getting more than 6 hours of sleep a night.
also helps to work out.

as a side note I genuinely believe that work is good for the soul but this kind of schedule isnt sustainable without it affecting you negatively.
>>
>>71386459
This.
>>
>>71385129
perhaps that has something to do with you working 72 hrs a week.
>>
>>71384850

I don't have that kind of work ethic
>>
>>71385153
David, if this is you, come home. Really. Do. We all miss you. Especially Caleb.
>>
I work a stress free 40 hrs a week, make 75k, and enjoy my fucking life.

Have fun chasing that $$$, surely that will pay off for you. You'll change your tune when you're looking back on your shitty life.
>>
File: 1460253120016.png (226 KB, 301x461) Image search: [Google]
1460253120016.png
226 KB, 301x461
oh god how did I get into this position. My only day off and reading this has made me realize what a horrible life I'm living but now I can't escape!
>>
>>71384850
I am, I hate myself and want to die so I might as well make that green
>>
File: 1419748985130.jpg (56 KB, 700x565) Image search: [Google]
1419748985130.jpg
56 KB, 700x565
>>71384850
>why the fuck aren't you busting your ass off?
I make enough money that I dont have to. But please, keep working yourself to the bone at your pleb job.
>>71384994
>i am not a slave, they pay me
Yet you work 72 hours a week. You do so either out of necessity, in which case you're poor as fuck and your opinion is invalid, or because your personal life is so pathetic, youd rather waste your life than enjoy the fruits of your labor, in which case your opinion is absolutely invalid.
>>
I'm in the Army. I have a nice schedule despite being in a line unit environment because my unit doesn't have fuckos for leaders.
Work doesn't suck nearly as bad as my civilian occupation I had.
>>
Because I like to appreciate being alive instead of wasting my time doing monotonous tasks for the benefit of others
>>
>>71387046
>If you actually like your job your opinion is invalid

Can you get any more cucked
>>
>>71384850
Gotta enjoy life while you can. If working that much makes you happy, go for it. I like working, but at the end of the day I'd rather be back in the comfort of my home. Besides, at that rate there's only so much you can do depending on the job. My team depends on me just as much as I depend on them.
>>
>>71384850
I work 10-12 every day no breaks. Except for the 4th of july.
>>
>>71386242
How do you have time to do anything else like sleep?
>>
>>71387672
Liking your job is one thing. Sacrificing nearly all your free time is another. I like my job and where I work but to hell with doing it 72 hours a week.
>>
>make $36/hr
>make $72/hr for every hour over 40 until 55hrs or anytime outside of 6:00 to 13:00 in a normal week
>make $128/hr every hour over 55

Why don't you do the high voltage jew /pol/?
>>
>>71388154
It's shit work
>>
>>71388154
What job is that
>>
>>71388775
Overhead lineman.
Think about it you provide a essential service for society and you make bank doing it. I'm 24 and I have more in my union retirement account than the value of my house.
>>
>>71384850
I am dude. 7 12s for months now and no end in sight. Have to beg my boss for a fucking Saturday off. What industry you in? I'm an inspector @ a shipyard.
>>
>>71384850
Because I make anywhere around $850-$3000 in about 2 hours every weekday. I literally have nothing to do afterwards, so I live the neet life without actually being neet. Feels good man. Lifting, touring nice countries, fucking qt's, taking my good friends out to fancy places.

Swing trading my friends, get graduate level understanding of mathematics and statistics and you're golden.
>>
>>71384850
I am already doing this, it would suck if I got an illness related from working so much :^)
>>
>>71388949
Where do I get training
>>
>>71388949
My brother in law does that he makes like 24 an hour.
>>
Who knew everyone on /pol/ was bringing down 135,000 and had a 9" cock
>>
>>71386242
ACCOUNTING/FINANCE MASTER RACE
>>
>>71389733
Stupid nigger, my dick is over a foot long and I make at least 250,000 a year not including my bonuses.
>>
>>71384850
Because they'd rather be poorfags and blame "muh greedy corporationz" for remaining poorfags forever.
>>
>working more than 40 hours a week

I like my video games sorry
>>
>>71384850
Been there, done that mother fucker and I sure as shit won't do it again.
>>
>>71384850
***deleted***

4chin is not anonymous
>>
I work four 10-hour days :^)

Based three days off
>>
>>71389840
>only six figures
>>
>>71384850
>working harder vs working smarter
I put in about 25 hours a week total (i work from home) and I make fat stacks.

Thank you based VPN technology.
>>
>>71389076
how did you get a gig like that?
>>
>>71386152
I already work in Boulder, Colorado at the university as part of the research faculty.

5 day work week. Normal hours typically. 3 weeks vacation plus university holidays. Pays competitively compared to what I could be making in industry. Super smart coworkers and awesome boss.

Excellent benefits, perks, retirement plans, etc. because it's a government job.

I work in space research so it's real easy to impress people. Going to work is fun, challenging, and rewarding.
>>
>>71390213
>not realizing that i get 8 figure bonuses for being vp at my STEM programming finance company
>not realizing that all i do is shitpost and get paid
>>
>>71390624
>not earning a nine figure stipend fighting the meme war for the CIA
>>
>>71384850

Because I work 10 hours a day, 7 days a week. But, then again I'm a lawyer who will make around $270k this year after taxes. I can't understand working that hard in a position with no opportunities for advancement/growth. Regardless, if you're happy I'm happy for you.

Are you saving for something in particular? If you work that hard without any goals, you risk burning out. I'd recommend meditation, healthy eating, cold showers and regular social contact (set aside time for it).
>>
>>71388949
i've been trying to get into the trade since I graduated high school but cause of NLC, SLTC, etc. they dont hire for groundsman unless you have a certificate.
>>
>>71390965
>not earning 12 figures sending scam emails

If you would like to know more about joining this company, please email your bank account information to [email protected] so we can connect you to the company bank account!
>>
>25
>2 jobs 6 days a week, one for 13 hours Sundays
>65 hour work week
>half hour commute to either one from home
>hour commute from one directly to the other
>on call for either one if someone doesn't show up or something goes wrong
>even if called in I'm just under the full/overtime number at either job
>no sick days
>no vacation days
>no breaks
>no benefits
>no friends
>no energy after either job
>losing hair and gaining weight
>free time spent doing laundry or driving to/from work before collapsing in bed
>still can't afford to move out from parents' house
>old high school bros all moved out long ago and are now married and/or are in lucrative careers

When does it get better?
>>
>>71393211
are you in crippling debt or something? How the fuck can you not afford to move out?
>>
>>71384850
>be me
>assnaked
>at home
>making $1000 working less than 30h a week

Because I'm not a dumbfuck.
>>
>>71384850

No children, no wife, no child support. No reason to work 18 hour days.
>>
>>71393597
Rent around here is ridiculous for niggerfree apartments. I could move out to live with an old bro up north for $500/mo but it would make the commute to work 30 minutes plus tolls to and from job A (an hour without tolls) and 50 minutes to/from job B assuming no traffic. I'd be losing money in rent, tolls, gas, and groceries as well as a longer commute just to say I moved out.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.