[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is smoking so frowned upon in English-speaking countries?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 14
File: jfk.jpg (478 KB, 1091x1500) Image search: [Google]
jfk.jpg
478 KB, 1091x1500
Why is smoking so frowned upon in English-speaking countries? Europeans don't seem to be as paranoid as anglos are about tobacco. On the other hand, smoking weed and binge drinking is socially acceptable in English- speaking countries but it's frowned upon in most of Europe. Anyone knows why?
>>
>>71072254
Smoking in public is actively poisoning people surrounding you
>>
>>71073203

smoking is eviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllll blaghthhg
>>
>>71073203
Absolute bullshit.
>>
File: old-man-smoking-cigar-847x635.jpg (177 KB, 847x635) Image search: [Google]
old-man-smoking-cigar-847x635.jpg
177 KB, 847x635
>>71073203

Australians, Brazilians and Canadians have been brainwashed into thinking that tobacco is worst than meth or whatever.
>>
File: 1459215385738.png (6 KB, 356x480) Image search: [Google]
1459215385738.png
6 KB, 356x480
Because it causes lung cancer.

>>71073506
>>71073631
Not arguments.
>>
>>71072254
a good man always has an activity
>>
>>71072254
smoking is degenerate
>>
We don't smoke that much, only a few a day in public to look cool. Everything in moderation.
>>
>>71074018
Yes "bullshit" is an argument you retard.
>>
>>71072254
Smoking is lower class. Smokers stink.
>>
>>71074380
"bullshit" is not a counter-claim though. Had you gone with calling it bullshit then providing some sort of information or facts backing it up then you could've called it an argument. As of right now you are just blowing smoke, which inadvertently does not surprise me.
>>
File: 1460739347140.png (429 KB, 399x614) Image search: [Google]
1460739347140.png
429 KB, 399x614
>>71074380
Argument: a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong.
>>
>>71072254
http://www.amazon.com/For-Your-Own-Good-Anti-Smoking/dp/0684871157
This is an extremely good book that will answer most of your questions even though it is focused on the US.
Tldr public health is an attempt to justify totalitarianism. Smoking really is bad but we could have dealt with it without sweeping bans, self-congratulatory laws and incoherent lawsuits. Cf the Nazi opposition to vivisection: vivisection is bad but that doesn't make Nazis good.
>>
File: Sinatra.jpg (320 KB, 800x795) Image search: [Google]
Sinatra.jpg
320 KB, 800x795
>>71074018

Alcohol causes cancer as well. The Greeks smoke like mofos and have a higher life-expectancy than most Western Europeans. No one is saying tobacco is healthy but it's ridiculous how in English-speaking countries, people think that tobacco smoke is the worst thing ever but are ok with smoking joints inside and binge-drinking into oblivion every weekend.
>>
>>71074006
We smoke like chimneys over here m8. Our cigarettes have some of the highest nicotine content in the world. That being said smoking cigarettes regularly enough to be truly addicted to them is pretty retarded. Real tobacco smoked from a pipe is fucking amazing though
>>
>>71072254
It's disgusting, bad for you and gay as fuck.
>>
>>71072254
JFK is relentlessly cool in OP's pic
>>
>>71074687
idk where you're getting your sources from, but most decent people here hate weed and believe that alcohol is only okay in moderation.

As for myself, I don't enjoy it at all. I've tried lots of different kinds, and none of it appeals to me, I don't understand why people do it at all.
>>
>>71072254
Because you're a faggot degenerate.
>>
File: Humphrey-Bogart.jpg (361 KB, 936x1182) Image search: [Google]
Humphrey-Bogart.jpg
361 KB, 936x1182
>>71074849

Smoking IS cool!
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 1280x874) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 1280x874
>>71072254
>go to American university
>study philosophy and political science
>get into engaging conversation about Nozick, Rawls, Paine, etc
>student who you were debating back and forth with asks "Hey, anon, want to step out for a smoke?"
>friendly debate continues

I don't know what your experience is, OP, but in the US, there are really two kinds of smokers:

1) Low class, blue collar types
2) Liberal arts students who probably stared because a lot the people they read and looked up to at a young age smoked and they thought it was cool when they were 14 and now they smoke but "will quite after college"

From my experience, there doesn't seem to be much in between. The secret to figuring out which kind they are is to look at the shoes, man. Look at the shoes.
>>
>>71074006
>Australians, Brazilians and Canadians have been brainwashed into thinking that tobacco is worst than meth or whatever.

You and your children generally don't get exposed to meth smoke when you go out on the streets, unless you're in a real shithole. There's a reason why tobacco is legal - smoking it is not as instantaneously harmful as meth is. But people who do smoke outnumber meth smokers 1 to 1000000, and they generally smoke for years or decades at a time (see: addiction), and will expose those around them to the harmful effects of smoking. If you smoke around your pregnant wife, your child is more likely to have a birth defect. If you smoke around your child while they grow up, they're more likely to have asthma. If your child has lived 18 years inhaling your second hand smoke daily, it's pretty much going to have the same impact on their lungs as if they smoked themselves for 5 years. They're going to be more likely to start smoking.
Result; there's an even higher chance than normal for your child to develop some sort of cancer before the age of 40. Not guaranteed, but it's still highly likely.
>>
>>71072254
Cigarettes suck because they're super addictive and trying to run when you're a smoker sucks.

Cigars and pipes are amazing though
>>
Nu-males really hate smoking. Its not english speaking countries, its the country that has the largest amount of nu-males in its population.
>>
>>71076150
taking a smoke after a run is spectacular though
>>
>>71076275
No, fags like that love to smoke.
>>71076287
How?
>>
>>71075679

I used to be a social-smoker cause I thought I looked like Camus or Bogart when smoking a cigarillo. Havent smoked in a long time though as the people I hang out with now hate tobacco and don't really think of the 50s and 60s when they see cigarettes or cigars. Still enjoy a cigar once in a blue moon though.
>>
>>71076949
>>71076287
It just is m8
>>
Check this fucker out:

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/61248-the-intelligent-smoker-what-should-a-smoker-take-to-nullify-harm/#entry564686
>>
>>71076275

Texas is right. You cant explain Greece's life-expectancy when half of the country smokes like a chimney.
>>
>>71076949
how? I assume because you're breathing so heavily and sucking up as much oxygen as possible. So when inhale from the cigarette, you're filling your lungs with more smoke/nicotine than normal. I don't smoke anymore, but damn. Good stuff
>>
>>71073203
No it's not you pansy. I'm surprised Brazillians think this way. Do you have insane anti-smoking campaigns over there?

Smoking is bad for you like eating junk food is bad for you. It barely fucking qualifies as a health risk.
>>
>>71077777
>like eating junk food is bad for you
You're making us look bad man
>>
>>71076030
Complete garbage

>this is all true guys, just trust me and my government funded pharmacy backed smoking science!
>wait, don't look over there at that husband and pregnant wife smoking around their perfectly healthy kids! That's clearly a group of actors set up by big tobacco!
>>
>>71076150

I found cigarettes super addictive. That's why I switched to cigarillos. Otherwise, I would have never been able to only smoke socially.
>>
>>71074531
Anglo smoker here. Obese people stink and it's the odor of unwashed crevices and fecal smeared ass.

If I quit I would probably be obese inside 1 year, no thanks. Besides, coffee and cigarettes, my only vices, pretty much built the modern world only to be shit right up by social justice warriors of all stripes.

Some people are built to smoke without adverse health effects, some apparently built to moan about everything. I can deal with that.
>>
>Want to smoke because I've always been awkward with putting shit in my mouth while thinking
>Find tobacco soothing
>Realize that I no longer live in a world friendly to smokers and would have to arrange my life around it

Feels sad, man.
>>
>>71073203
Cars do that mate, ever go running down a busy street during rush hour? Congratulations you're a smoker.
>>
Alcohol only directly affects you and weed has next to no effect on your lungs even if you smoke it. With tobacco everyone loses.
>>
>>71078113
>facts are lies!
>cigarettes are good for you!
I hope you're only pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>71078193

>Some people are built to smoke without adverse health effects

I feel you buddy, my nan smoked 60 a year for the latter half of her life and she lived to 98 and died from Alzheimer's. You could of rolled up some asbestos and she'd of smoked that n'all she was that hard, Gawd bless her soul.
>>
>>71078455
60 a day*
>>
>>71072254
India needs cigarettes smokers it would kill the worms in their bellies that they shit out.
>>
>>71078247
Maybe you should work on fixing your oral fixation instead of picking up a disgusting addiction. >>71078193
>If I quit I would probably be obese inside 1 year
What? Why?
>>
File: 1456756134818.jpg (141 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1456756134818.jpg
141 KB, 612x612
This is one of those times were I feel like /pol/ is just looking for a reason to disagree with liberals and the mainstream media on an issue. Do you retards really believe smoking isn't bad for you? How can you refute the countless scientific studies that prove tobacco smoke is awful for your lungs?
>>
>>71078698
Because smoking stymies ones appetite.
>>
>>71078756
Not just your lungs either, it literally fucks up your entire body.
>>
>>71076030

Explain Greece's life-expectancy. Also, no one is claiming tobacco is healthy. We are just saying that it isn't as bad as anglo governments make it look like. Cigarette smokers die on average on their late 60s, early 70s. It's BS that all smokers die in their 40s like the anti tobacco campaigns state. Also as long as you do it in moderation and dont become addicted (cigars) it's barely dangerous. At least that's what I have read.
>>
>>71078332
>smoking is good for you!

Never made that statement.

A statement like "smoking is bad for you and others!" is made regardless of the sheer number of people who all smoked to their graves at like 70 years old, and ignores all of the kids with pregnant moms smoking and the kids who grew up in smoking households and are all fine. While it's true that it can cause cancer and birth defects in some cases this doesn't happen NEARLY as often as people want it to. More smokers actually end up not dying of cancer or COPD/lung disease than claimed.

Also, correlation doesn't always imply causation. Not everything major that's wrong with a smoker can be linked to smoking. It's just a fucking scapegoat these days. Medical workers also check "smoker" on a persons medical file regardless or whether or not it's proven to actually be the cause of death or disease in question, which falsly increases the death/disease rate from smoking.
>>
>>71078756
Tid Pao.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 350x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 350x236
>>71073506
Yeah man it's sooo evil.
>>
>>71072254
Source?
Or is it just more
> Hey look at this other place they are more inclined to leftist "causes" we should be like them
Typical leftist shill
> Fuck off
>>
File: bertrand.russell.jpg (26 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
bertrand.russell.jpg
26 KB, 460x288
>>71079351
>>
File: 130417-MOTW-obesity-map.gif (450 KB, 497x288) Image search: [Google]
130417-MOTW-obesity-map.gif
450 KB, 497x288
>>71078796
This. When smoking rates declined due to slowly increasing government bans, obesity rates ballooned their place.
>>
>>71078796
You could just choose to eat a reasonable amount for your size, age, and activity level.
>>71079194
>Never made that statement
Okay, not "good" but "not bad". Which is wrong, it is bad for you.
>since some people don't have über severe negative effects from a thing it's not bad
I still hope you aren't this retarded.
>>
File: churchill.jpg (37 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
churchill.jpg
37 KB, 460x287
>>71079117

Y'all have just been red-pilled on tobacco.
>>
>>71079744
>some

"Some" isn't accurate, that's the entire fucking point. More like "quite a bit, size able enough that people still aren't dropping dead from too many smokes in their 50's like people want to believe"

People still aren't turned off to the idea of smoking despite shitty anti- campaigns.
>>
>>71078924
Again, we all agree that if you become addicted, it will likely kill you and reduce your life-expectancy.
>>
>>waaaaaah, i'm so fucking stupid and scared that i can't handle the concept of people indulging in their bodies, waaaah, i smelled some tobacco smoke, won't you think of the children, waaaaah, don't smoke meth, you'll get addicted (aka you might like it), waaaaah, think of the children, i know, waaaah, i'll get someone else to beat you up by paying them, waaaaah, i'm a bitch,

fucking pussies. do what the fuck ever you feel like. it literally does not fucking matte. stop turning your fucking appetites into self righteous moral indignation.
>>
File: 261091-nejm-diagram1.jpg (19 KB, 550x348) Image search: [Google]
261091-nejm-diagram1.jpg
19 KB, 550x348
>>71080704
>>
>>71072254

It smells like shit so people don't like it.

What's not to understand?
>>
Seriously, take a fucking bath you fags.

Tired of smelling you every fucking day.
>>
>>71077777
Wasted quints man.

Junk food is bad for you, but in large quantities, however you can atleast stop eating shitty foods for a while, eat healthy foods and make yourself better.

With smoking, it's either smoke for all your life and die of lung cancer or whatever, or don't smoke ever.
>>
>>71081698
>With smoking, it's either smoke for all your life and die of lung cancer or whatever, or don't smoke ever.

What's this either or shit? If you quit when you're 40 then the risk for cancer from smoking is basically nonexistent. Not every smoker gets cancer or gets sick, not every fatty does of a heart attack when they're young.
>>
>>71081496
Somebody's mad.

Maybe you should light up, it'll make you relax.
>>
>>71072254
cigs smell bad but are a stimulant but causes repeated use which leads to shortening of dna and rapid ageing

weed smells like body odor and is strangeness filled with 1000's of uncommon particles and chemicals and causes brain damage and mental issues in about 20 out of 100 people who use it.

both are degenerate habits. drinking is not only acceptable in anglo countries I'm sure your just spinning it to seem that way though.
>>
>>71072254
Fun fact: SJW's love smoking and doing drugs.
Another fun fact: Hitler didn't smoke or drink and even encouraged other high-ranking Nazis to give up smoking. Nazi Germany smoked less than America at the time.
>>
>>71081962

THIS. YOU CAN ALSO ONLY SMOKE OCCASIONALLY
>>
>>71083744
two words
-nigel farage
>>
Smoking weed on the regular remains largely unacceptable in the US, don't let all the legalization stuff fool you. Where the standards have changed is with the "I've tried it" aspect; that's pretty much a given for most people. Smoking it all the time, though, nah, people still largely despise those types and consider them "drug users," same as they ever did.
>>
>>71083926
While I would never attempt to disparage the Farage, I think he's wrong on that issue.
>>
>>71072254
>Smells like shit for those around
>Makes everything you wear smell like shit over time
>Kills you slowly
>Kills everybody around you slowly
>Makes you perform worse at physical tasks
>Makes you need to spit every few seconds
>Makes you unable to focus without it
>Is a sign of profound weakness

90% of the time (made up figure) you walk by a smoker on the street I guarantee you they will do something with the cigarette as you pass them. Put it in their mouth, take it out of their mouth, take a drag, ash it, etc. It's a habit for the weak minded who always need to be 'doing something' in the presence of others. It suggests one is highly susceptible to peer pressure and a desire to be 'cool'.
>>
>>71083418
>rapid ageing

I dunno man, every woman in Hollywood that smokes still look great, and every tobacco smoker I know looks fine.
>>
>>71085863
>Smells like shit for those around

That's awfully subjective and plenty of things smell like shit in general.

>Makes everything you wear smell like shit over time

Same as above. Body odor smells bad too.

>Kills you slowly

Emphasis on slowly. Very heavy emphasis on slowly.

>Kills everybody around you slowly

This is bullshit. Get off the governments dick.

>Makes you perform worse at physical tasks

This is bullshit too. Some people are just physically inadequate.

>Makes you need to spit every few seconds
>Makes you unable to focus without it

I'm starting to think you've never been around a smoker or mistook someone being dumb/unhealthy in general.

>Is a sign of profound weakness

So is every vice in existence. You sound like a boring stick.

>90% of the time (made up figure) you walk by a smoker on the street I guarantee you they will do something with the cigarette as you pass them. Put it in their mouth, take it out of their mouth, take a drag, ash it, etc. It's a habit for the weak minded who always need to be 'doing something' in the presence of others. It suggests one is highly susceptible to peer pressure and a desire to be 'cool'.

>waaaaah I care too much about what people do with their lives and need to criticize them.
>>
>>71081130
Fuck in suburban mom's man.

>how dare you smoke on the sidewalk, my previous Jacklynn shouldn't have to be exposed to that
>downs a vicadin and chases it with merlin at 3 pm
>>
>>71086872
I don't think you do much physical activity. It's almost impossible to lose to a smoker of the same skill level as you in an individual sport. You can literally see them getting gassed. And the spitting is very much in line with the sports thing. Whenever I play against smokers they are fucking spitting constantly to get shit out of their throat.
>mistook someone being dumb
Every college professor I ever had who smoked lived for their 5 minute break during three hour lectures because their mind was focused on smoking. I'd say that, on average, a college professor is going to have a higher ability to focus than your average person.
>care too much
Op asked, I answered. If you want to be seen as a weak individual who is not comfortable with the idea of not having to do anything in the presence of others then please continue. I'm not for banning smoking, it helps weed out the idiots and followers.
>>
Smoking cigarettes is gross.
If you are going to smoke atleast roll your own or use a pipe
>>
>>71087695
>You can literally see them getting gassed. And the spitting is very much in line with the sports thing. Whenever I play against smokers they are fucking spitting constantly to get shit out of their throat.

Because tobacco is a bronchial dilator and maybe it's due to a number of reasons not always related to smoking. Tons of people in sports smoke, that should tell you more than enough about your own biased anecdotes

>Every college professor I ever had who smoked lived for their 5 minute break during three hour lectures because their mind was focused on smoking.

Because smoking....feels really good? Do you have ANY vices at all or are you the most generic being who ever walked this earth? People smoke because tobacco and what companies put in tobacco increases focus and memory greatly which is important when you have so many students to teach and so much to communicate.

>I'm not for banning smoking, it helps weed out the idiots and followers.

Top fucking kek, I guess almost every major rock star, fantasy novelist, and 20th century scientist was a worthless idiot then. You have a retarded and arbitrary definition of what defines an idiot, you idiot.
>>
>>71088067
>If you are going to smoke atleast roll your own or use a pipe

Is there a cooler look with pipe smokers or something? Everyone seems to prefer pipes. Aside from the fact that you don't inhale compared to cigarettes, I don't really know why. Not everyone can pull off a pipe, except maybe those old cool rugged looking dudes.
>>
>>71072254
We are better at brainwashing because we have more money. Nicotine is a vitamin. Vitamin B3 is literally called nicotinic acid. Smoking is good for you. Pot is kind of bad for you. Drinking is the worst for you. So now you know out structures. Smoke in a garage for 40 years. You're fine. Turn your car on and off? Yer fucken dead
>>
>>71088312
The 20th Century was a mistake.
>>
>>71072254
Because tobacco smokers stink like shit

>Their house smells
>Their teeth are yellow
>Their cars smell
>You can smell them walking down the street

I have a friend with Asthma and if someone lights up a ciggy nearby he'll have a attack and have to leave.

Literally no consideration or thought for others and their only defence is I can do what I like because I'm a mans man

weed and alcohol is acceptable because you don't see people lighting up joints or opening a bottle of Vodka walking along the main streets
>>
>>71088506
Who the fuck are you trying to impress?
>>
tobacco is the native american way of killing the whites
>>
>>71088665
>Vitamin B3 has a similar chemical name to nicotine
>Vitamin B3 is good when we eat it
>inhaling burning hot nicotine smoke alongside more than 10,000 other chemicals per cigarette must be good for you too

Nicotine is fine for you in moderation, they actually have shown it reduces the chance of heart disease when only taken as nicotine. Nobody is saying nicotine is bad but smoking a plant is categorically, always, bad for your lungs.
>>
>>71072254
Because it contains Polonium 210 and Lead 210. Even single atoms of this shit can wreck the DNA of exposed soft tissues. Using tobacco is worse than LIVING IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO CHERNOBYL. Seriously, if you accidentally inhale or ingest that shit at a nuclear facility, they make you piss and shit in a bucket for a week to make sure it comes out. Alpha particle radiation is the most concentrated and dangerous once allowed inside the body.
>>
>>71089816
Natural gas is worse. Air pollution is worse. Cell phone radiation is worse. All these things are "hot" or enter you anyways. Tobacco on its own is a miracle plant. A good number of cures for a lot of human and botanical diseases might only be grown on a tobacco leaf. The heart is the most important. Way more than the brain. And the pros to me outweigh any cons. That is now way to live. I will smoke and do it well and if people cry about my rights I won't invade theirs and I will THEN blow smoke in their faces
>>
stopped smoking 2 months ago,smoked 3 years
smoking is degenerate,no doubt.
>>
same reason coffeeshops were suppressed until infiltrated. it is a unsolicited social ritual and that isn't good for centralizers.
>>
>>71088998
>I have a friend with Asthma and if someone lights up a ciggy nearby he'll have a attack and have to leave

Maybe he's just triggered easily? People with asthma can smoke with no problem. There are a ton of other asthma causes.
>>
>>71089524
Nobody. I just think people are pussies when it comes to imagined health concerns and if they really want to rule out respecting anyone who smokes they're going to have a gigantic fucking list.
>>
>>71090242
His lungs are triggered pretty easy but it's normally from cigarette smoke. The smoker can be a fair distance away but If it blows in his direction he'll start having trouble breathing

I walk past a hospital's bus shelter that deals with cancer patients everyday to get to work and it's pretty sad seeing all these bald people hooked up to their IV lines in their hospital dressing gowns smoking outside the shelters
>>
>>71089947
I can tell what people in the thread are high schoolers or young millenials who just got done with a Truth seminar.

If it was really that bad smokers wouldn't even last a decade. Look around you dude.
>>
>>71090242
They say asthma is caused by having "too clean" of a house. But cigarette smoke is clean, then? Do we see the lies and dualities now? There is no such thing as nuclear bombs. We cannot land on moons or planets. That is impossible. But do people believe that shit? You better believe it. Muslims did 9/11 and "all" terror! Blah blah blah
>>
>>71091469
There is no such thing as clean smoke, if you remember your first puff of a cigarette you knew that shit wasn't good for you if you felt like throwing up and coughed your lungs out

Go put your head over a open fire and breath in all that smoke now imagine that with addictive chemicals and in smaller doses for years

Asthma is caused by genetic factors and environmental factors in young children. That's why long term smokers quite often have Asthmatic children or premature born babies often have asthma as well due to not fully formed lungs
>>
>>71090873
Maybe it's a tobacco allergy and not asthma. I don't hear many people with asthma triggered by smoking. Considering there are far worse pollutants he must have a pretty hard time.
>>
>>71091469
This is not what the hygiene hypothesis implies. Asthma is an autoimmune disorder that has become more prevalent due to the systematic elimination of parasites and other microbes from the environment. We co-evolved with many of these organisms, and some of them influence the immune system (this is how they stay alive inside your body). Hookworm and malaria are two that have been actively researched and show some correlation.

With tobacco, the radiation is the problem. Tobacco has a very odd property of fixing radionucliotides from radon gas decay. Science is not sure on the mechanism, but they are sure of the fact that the substances are there in measurable amounts in the plant before and after processing as well as the smoke. This is hypothesized to be the reason tobacco causes cancer but smoking pot and other drugs has never been shown to be carcinogenic. If more people knew the polonium link, the tobacco industry would be dead.
>>
>>71090892
Do the research yourself chief. The radioactivity problem is documented fairly well. No one in a "Truth" seminar could even tell you what the fuck alpha particle decay means.
>>
>>71092068
If radiation/polonium is the issue than why don't they just do everything in their power to try and produce tobacco products that don't have that issue? Everyone has a theory as to why they see something as bad.
>>
>>71091868
My brain od'd at that point because the God given receptors activated "too much". Just like cannabinoids. Those are in mother's milk regardless of smoking status. Why?
>>71092068
Pot has lots more tar but burning that is ok but tobacco has all these "weird unknown" potentials and promises but we shit on it because vegetables have chemicals sprayed on them. I don't give a shit. I will smoke both. And I will eat unwashed produces
>>
>>71072254
Didn't you know? Europeans love to get their shit fucked up.
>>
>>71092363
Smoking is more dignified than the euthanasia bandwagon on which we are all jumping now. Joie de vivre
>>
>>71091975
We live in a semi rural country town and he gets effected by a whole lot of things, one weird one is being in a underground car park since all the fumes build up and can't get out as fast, however smoking of any kind, weed, tobacco, wood fires etc they all trigger him pretty bad.

>>71092339
I suppose meth is healthy since it's addictive as well. And so what if cigarettes have a few good chemicals the "bad ones" by far out number them and it's in the huge companies interest to get you addicted to the smoke, sounds to me like you read too much 50's smoking propaganda.

You know they told asthmatics to smoke more to fix up their lungs
>>
>>71092694
Meth is healthy. It's called adderal
>>
>>71092269
my understanding is they have to use fertilizer which has this susceptibility.
>>
>>71092694
And why would even one person get lung cancer as a non smoker as has happened many many times?
>>
>>71092854
I knew I was right. And do we know why it has polonium? It derives of fossil fuels...
>>
>>71092269
Interestingly, the tobacco companies have known about it since the 60's and devised a process to remove it via acid bath. Unfortunately this also ionized the nicotine, making it absorb into the body less effectively, which means less buzz and lower addiction levels, so they scrapped it and just never bothered to inform the public of the issue.
>>
>>71091975
>I don't hear many people with asthma triggered by smoking.
What? Every post you make you make yourself look stupider and make me hate dumbass dmokers like you more.
>>
>>71072254
It smells bad and makes you stink if you're around it.

Fuck off, degenerate scum!
>>
>>71092941
Or tobacco is notoriously difficult to grow at all and now we found out and nobody should care because there are now more than one way to fix this? Now we're really splitting hairs. Everybody get in your Bubbles
>>
>>71093010
You stink. I actively cover all traces of smells. It isn't hard. Sounds like a circumcision debate at this point
>>
>>71092770
Meth has a lot more chemicals then just adderal mate. If I add poison to water does that make the water safe to drink because it has hydrogen and oxygen in it?

>>71092862
Reword your question I can't even understand it. I'm thinking your some crack smoking Chinese immigrant with that Engrish
>>
>>71093117
Gotta love modern life eh. Can't smoke on a patio but the fucken buses and motorcycles are right there to choke on
>>
>>71092854
This is one of the theories (phosphate fertilizers come from mines where uranium is present), but it still exists in tobacco grown even without fertilizers, so that is only part of the answer.

I think the reason it is not public knowledge is the fact that radiation freaks people out so badly. Alpha particles are actually relatively harmless outside the body and usually won't penetrate skin or clothing. However, if you let them inside the body to soft tissues, they are the nastiest kind of radiation poisoning. Ask that Russian spy Putin bumped off.

It is actually a fascinating topic to research if you have the time.
>>
>>71093257
Meth is adderal. Adderal is meth. Only difference is a methyl group. And the second question is why would any singular non smoker get lung cancer as has happened many times? Why? I mean if smoking is so bad, why do they get it when they were poopy diaper pants bubble boys their whole lives? Eating nothing but carrots, running marathons and dying anyways at 37?
>>
>>71093368
I refuse to believe tobacco is the only source of this risk and it'll get better
>>
>>71092941
If this is truly the case (and the cancer rate for smokers is still very small especially on a global scale, so I'm skeptical) then they've made a huge mistake. They wouldn't have to deal with any smoking dangers period of thy just went along with it.

>nicotine

I thought it was a combination of MAOI inhibitors and psychological factors that make smoking so alluring, not entirely nicotine.
>>
>>71089947
Polonium 210 has a half-life of 138 days.
>>
>>71093632
Psychiatry doesn't exist
>>71093667
BTFO!
>>
>>71093410
Dodged it again. Street meth is not just methamphetamine (or adderal). It's full of of poisonous chemicals that wreak havoc on mind and body.
>>
>>71093467
Who the hell said anything about "only?" There are lots of potential causes for lung cancer aside from this mechanism. Radon gas, chest xrays, probably various virus activity. Try to keep up.
>>
>>71093731
Take meth. Analyse it. Take adderal. Analyse it. I spoke of adderal. You spoke only of meth. The two base chemicals are pretty much exactly the same fucken things. Pharma shill drug pusher. Everything is plants. Except when you make that not-so
>>
>>71093772
That was my point. Why are we even talking about tobacco's alleged polonium when we're probably bombarded with it right now, smoking or not?
>>
>>71093902
Also I believe Rife Machines cure cancer anyways but that's beside the point
>>
>>71093837
>The two base chemicals are pretty much exactly the same fucken things

And your point is?
>>
>>71093667
Yep, which is one of the reasons it is so fascinating. Lead 210 lasts for a very long time (25 yearsish?) and decays to Polonium 210 gradually. All of them are potential products the decay of radium and uranium occurring naturally in the soil. So, not BTFO. The Polonium is there and measurable, feel free to look that shit up. The interesting question is: "Why does tobacco, and apparently no other agricultural product, seem to suck it up and keep it?"
>>
>>71093410
Your a special kind of retard aren't you. Meth is adderal with many more chemicals added. They are very different

take water it's h20 but if we add another Hydrogen and make it h30 it becomes another thing entirely
Cigarettes aren't just nicotine they're thousands more chemicals

And for your other responds. Because if you ate nothing but the best meals and worked out daily you would on average live far longer then some cancer ridden smoker

>>71093117
>>71093280
Also your samefagging yourself so I know your some dumb fuck immigrant now. Pathetic
>>
>>71093667
there is also dose dependence, once you get in packdays you get into problems, quiting while your ahead ~late 20s is statistically insignificant.
>>
>>71093410
>Only difference is a methyl group
You mean like how methanol and ethanol are almost the same, so you can put methanol in liquor and drink it safely?
>>
>>71094074
You tried like tobacco to equate things with meth that aren't there. Ban adderal too if we're going to ban meth. When fighter pilots aren't using either one
>>71094120
Most smokes aren't consumed by the time any polonium would then even be left over
>>
>>71094169
>>71094264
Liquor is garbage. That is its own problem. To the both of you. Oh no! Take this 99.999998% vitamin (nicotine). Call it cancer. Because reasons. Take this 99.9999998% meth (adderal) and call it only adderal. I don't operate in that way
>>
>>71093902
That is not how alpha particle exposure works. You are bombarded with beta and gamma particles all the time in low doses, but not alpha particles. They don't exist for long and travel very short distances. They are like a DNA bowling ball. Lots of damage, but short range and easily absorbed. That is what makes 210 Po such a fun CIA poison. It is (relatively) safe to handle, but deadly if ingested, inhaled, etc.
>>
The difference is the setting. If people smoked weed/binge drank where they smoked cigs, they would get the same reaction of disgust.
>>
>>71094465
So it does nothing and does more nothing after each halving of 120 days. Big fucken deal. I smoke a smoke 6 months to one year after production (more plausible than not) and I'm smoking nothing bad at that point, really. Every time you burn a steak you do worse
>>
>>71094299
>>
>>71093726
Smokers often get uncomfortable when they can't do it at specific times that they've become accustomed to. Just ask any smoker.

>>71092954
Something to think about: famous guys like Frank Zappa smoked and they had pretty severe asthma. Biggest issue with blaming things on smoking is that correlation doesn't always imply causation.
>>
>>71094448
If I have 99% water and add 1% of the most toxic poison is the water safe to drink?

Still haven't addressed your samefagging by the way
>>71093117
>>71093280
>>
>>71094448
I'm only addressing your "only one methyl group dude" bullshit.
>>
>>71094299
>Most smokes aren't consumed by the time any polonium would then even be left over
Again, not how radioactive substances work. They constantly decay into one another, so you will always have the presence of all of the derivative radioisotopes until the radioisotope with the longest half life is gone. So stick with smokes packaged in the 70's and you might be okay.
>>
>>71094665
It's not water now is it? Do you know what is aspartame? The feces of the e.coli bacteria. How is the live bacteria really bad but the shit works "wonders" for you? It doesn't kill you but it fucks you up slowly. Carcinogenic for sure. One neutron or electron changed and suck on battery acid. Now we're back full circle to your water contamination "points" that you repeated 12 times. I can respond to whom and when I please. Call me crazy I don't care
>>
>>71094299
There's a reason why adderal is legal and meth is not. It has nothing to with the chemical structure, because as you said, they're nearly identical. The difference is between therapeutic, clean medication (adderal) and homemade, poisonous garbage (meth)
>>
>>71094854
Get all this shit out of your life completely and THEN have your period. First it's polonium. Then it's beta and gamma. Then it's isotopes. Then it's other radioactive substances. Etc etc etc. And to the Columbian? No you didn't. You spoke of booze too. So I did too
>>
>>71078455
This is my grandmother. She just hasn't kicked the bucket yet. She's been smoking since she was 9 years old.
>>
>>71095036
Oh well. Man at desk did better job than the bowtie-man in the profit-box
>>
>>71094903
So If I have 99% nicotine then I add 1% cancer causing addictive products is it safe to smoke

Ignoring the fact that a cigarette isn't 99% nicotine. I know your some third world trash with your shitty English and your cuckold behaviour to cigarette companies who are now targeting third world shit holes cause they don't know whats in them
>>
>>71095280
Have you stepped into the air freely outside? Same thing. Probably worse. I can't stand hypocrites
>>
Jesus fucking christ, there is recreational drug substance that's "bad for you" in such a way that it needs campaigns to get people to quit.

The fucking Truth or Tru or whatever the fuck they call themselves are the most obnoxious cunts on the planet. Smoker know the health risks, and they still smoke. At that point, fuck off with the campaigns. Addiction is a bullshit excuse because literally everything that releases endorphins is "addicting". Addicts are weak willed cunts.

>b-but their brains are different!
>some are more susceptible to addiction than others!

That's called being defective; and frankly, fuck 'em. Any adult should be allowed to use any substance; and in this era, they all know exactly what they're putting into their bodies.

Don't any of you fucks find it odd that the majority of grade 1 illegal substances are naturally occurring and grown in large crops? All this bullshit about "illegal drugs" is propaganda to further fuel the business of big pharma.

Pull your head out of your ass.
>>
>>71095135
Wtf are you talking about. Canada trailer park shitposting is in the house.

Here, read and weep, Joe Camel.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2509609/
>>
>>71078756
They're autists.
>>
>>71072254
>burn your body's health up in smoke for a temporary good feel

literally worse than women
>>
>>71073203
You know those passive smoking studies are about people living together with smokers, right?
>>
>>71095395
Keep pointing me to how I might be .0000000000000001% worse than you. Splinters. Logs. Eyes. Etc etc etc. I told you one thing and one thing now, and only. Get all these things you squawk about out of your own life down to this fine of detail and THEN slap my face around. Oops!
>>
>>71095458
I can live forever! I know everything! I will command you to do as I don't fucking do but sure say I do!
>>
>>71095571
wut

are you blazing a fat joint leaf?
>>
>>71095656
Aaaand I'm gone
>>
>>71078249
>sure x is bad but y is also bad therefore x isn't bad

enjoy losing your teeth and lungs at thirty buddy
>>
>>71095135
Yes, I spoke of boose because methanol-riddled liquor can fucking blind you, while ethanol is """safe""" to drink.
One methyl group. That's the difference.
>>
>>71095487
They're also about indoors/outdoors/secondhand/third hand smoke, and it's all bullshit. None of those studies are scientifically valid in the face of common sense.
>>
>>71072254
The way I look at it anon, we all have to die sometime. True, smoking might shorten my life, however, it's not set in stone how long that may be. Hell, they may come out with an anti-cancer pill within my lifetime that is affordable and over the counter, who knows? Live life to the fullest, however you may choose.

I, like many others excluding niggers, chose full flavor.

P.S. Watch out, mods are being a little testy about posting things that aren't exactly "On topic". Just got a warning for posting an international food thread on /pol/ last night. It sucks though, fucking nobody is on /int/ or /ck/ at certain points of the night.
>>
>>71095740
If you could read, you'd know that he's actually saying "passive smoking is bad (it's actually not but that's beside the point) but these other things are bad or even worse, so don't avoid or refuse to tolerate something when all this other shit is unavoidable and will hurt you too"

Simple logic.
>>
>>71096044
Wow, not only are you angry but you're clearly logically impaired.

Maybe lay off the nicotine?
>>
>>71095740
Also, almost forgot

>lose your lungs at thirty
>this is what nonsmokers actually believe
>>
>>71095809
>and it's all bullshit.
How? Someone who lives with a smoker will be effected by it.
>None of those studies are scientifically valid in the face of common sense.
Yeah, your "common sense" is more valid than actual research. And your "common sense" is wrong anyway.
>>
>>71096098
Just don't expect me to cry when Trump deports you for being an unnecessary drain on our hospitals.
>>
>>71096093
Nothing wrong with "X, Y and Z are bad, so you can't irrationally complain about X if it's impossible to avoid the equally or more dangerous Y and Z"
>>
>>71090873
Insufferable middle class faggots detected

Wahh my friends gets triggered at the slightest amount of smoke

Wahhh me and my friend pity these cancer patience who don't give a fuck and just want to enjoy a smoke before they fucking die anyway
>>
>>71096142
you're literally bitching about micro aggression. You are the SJW.
>>
>>71096373
Literally retarded. Cars are required for society to function. Every time you go down the street you are not guaranteed to be hit by a car. Cigarettes are in no way necessary to our nation nor do they benefit us in any way. Every time you smoke a cigarette you are 100% guaranteed harming yourself.

Try again TIDF.
>>
>>71077546
Bump
>>
>>71096142
>How? Someone who lives with a smoker will be effected by it.

You're making a claim and you need to back it up well, because I've seen decades long studies carried out proving otherwise that are far more believable than the studies saying that it mutates and gives people heart disease in seconds or some bullshit.

>Yeah, your "common sense" is more valid than actual research. And your "common sense" is wrong anyway.

The """"""research""""""" is hot steaming shit. They overstate percentages, don't have a valid way of ruling out other important factors, fudge the numbers to get their desired result, and lower the acceptable risk level to such a degree that it's ridiculous. Some of he smoking studies I've seen are appealing in how they make shit up to make smoking seem like satanic rituals.
>>
>>71096574
nicotine helps the mentally ill, they don't smoke by accident you pearl clutching crusader.
>>
>>71096707
>giving people a drug that is incredibly addictive and is proven to kill them is helping them

Heroin should be legal by your """logic"""
>>
>>71096457
A parent smoking around their child and knowingly negatively effecting their health is not a "microaggression".
>>
>>71096704
>You're making a claim and you need to back it up well
You're the one making the claim(the negative effects of smoking are all lies!) that needs backing up.
>I've seen decades long studies carried out proving otherwise
Can you provide one of them?
>>
>>71096707
You can get nicotine without tobacco. Although toxic at higher doses (I believe the LD50 is like 50mg) nicotine is not really all that bad for you other than being as addictive as most other stimulants. Causes heart problems, but not cancer.

I was in the camp of "second hand smoke is not a problem - just people looking for an excuse not to have to smell it" camp until I learned about the Po-210 thing. Now I don't even want to catch a whiff of that shit.
>>
>>71096574
>Cars are required for society to function.

Doesn't change the risk level of car pollution and how it is an unavoidable risk. Don't move the goalposts

>Every time you go down the street you are not guaranteed to be hit by a car.
>Comparing broken bones to inhaling smoke

>Cigarettes are in no way necessary to our nation nor do they benefit us in any way.

The tobacco industry built America. Cigarettes get people through stress which will kill you faster.

>Every time you smoke a cigarette you are 100% guaranteed harming yourself.

Every time you breathe, sit down hunched over, or do ANY number of fucking things you can harm yourself. Get over it.
>>
>>71096794
Liberty is apparently a concept you're unfamiliar with. Get out of my country you unempathetic dick. YOU'RE the one not helping anyone by denying the mentally ill the right to feel better.
>>
>>71097068
The Soviet national healthcare solution - vodka and cigarettes kills them off before they get old and expensive to treat. Can't argue its effectiveness.
>>
>>71097068
Car pollution, breathing, and sitting down are all necessary parts of daily life that we have to do.

Smoking is a greedy, selfish choice that does nothing but harm oneself and others for a short endorphin rush.

This literally brought down China. I'm sure you know about the opium dens.

>>71097204
>liberty means I can do literally anything I want even when it's proven to harm other people and myself

You're a cuck and you pay your tickets when the police officers stop you when you aren't wearing a seatbelt. Good boy.
>>
>>71097057
So something that didn't harm you wasn't a problem, but when you learned something about it you freaked out? Being around it didn't hurt you, why did you change your mind based on a risk that barely registered on your radar.
>>
who in their right mind would willingly inhale smoke into their lungs?
>>
>>71097341
uh, it's 2015? don't you always see the actors in the newest Steinberg Brothers movies smoking? do you not want to be cool or something?
>>
>>71097335
Po-210 exposure is a very real risk. It is nasty stuff even in tiny amounts. And not nearly as dosage dependent as other purported second hand smoke risks.
>>
>>71096844
>>71097036
It's their kid. They can do what they want short of severe physical harm, and you're an SJW with glass bones if you think smoking is harm.

I will find some studies or links but they'll be hard to retrack. I don't know if it'll register as spam either. I might just post the author names of it won't post.
>>
>>71097341
I think it is an excellent delivery system for crack and meth.
>>
>>71097296
>moking is a greedy, selfish choice that does nothing but harm oneself and others for a short endorphin rush.

It's like caffeine you fucking idiot

Plenty of people need a drug to function as well as how plenty of people need a car to function
>>
>>71097687
>hurr than why don't you use caffeine

Because it lasts so long I lose sleep and end up in worse health
>>
Because basically, at least in America, we had an explosion of toxic smoking advertisements and a bunch of kids growing up with diseases because of smoking. We got tired of the shit and now it is extremely socially unnacceptable to smoke. But we replaced it with vape, so....
>>
>>71072254
Because we tend to live longer, causing more people to die of cancer instead of other causes like cultural enrichment, so naturally we don't like things that cause huge amounts of cancer without being delicious.
>>
>>71072254
Who knows probably something to do with Jews though I'm sure
>>
>>71097541
No, actually. Smoking has become very uncommon in film and television. In part because studios can't use actual cigs anymore, they have to use some kind of something. It's why Mad Men cut down on the smoking because the alternative thing they have to use is shit.(least that's what I remember reading, might be wrong)
>>71097638
This guy seriously thinks it's okay to smoke around children and that it doesn't hurt them. Smoking and drinking while pregnant is probably fine too, eh? You are seriously helping to make sure smokers stay seen as one of the worst types of people.
>I will find some studies or links but they'll be hard to retrack
You won't find them because they don't exist.
>>
>>71097296
>Car pollution, breathing, and sitting down are all necessary parts of daily life that we have to do.

And I'm saying they're all risks, why single out smoking?

>Smoking is a greedy, selfish choice that does nothing but harm oneself and others for a short endorphin rush.

If you look at any research in this very thread you'd know it barely harms the self and doesn't harm others. It's not greedy or selfish, it's a way to cope with things. Again with the lack of empathy.

>This literally brought down China. I'm sure you heard of opium dens

Opium isn't tobacco and yes, I've heard of it. Just because China couldn't handle it decades ago doesn't mean we can't handle things differently. It also doesn't mean people still should be restricted in a few country.

>liberty means I can do literally anything I want even when it's proven to harm other people and myself

That is pretty much what liberty is yeah, but I'm not sure where you're getting this hurt others shit from. The harm isn't the same as me walking up to someone and shooting them in the leg. Again, the idea that it's harmful is very hard to quantify and if it was as harmful and life destroying as you suggest then I think you should get used to it. This isn't a society of hugs. People need to accept these risks. It's a price to pay in public. Life isn't eternal and we all have to die sometime.

>You're a cuck and you pay your tickets when the police officers stop you when you aren't wearing a seatbelt. Good boy.

I always wear a seatbelt, sorry.
>>
>>71097687
Caffeine isn't a proven toxic that negatively affects others you use around.
>>
>>71072254
Because it smells like shit, makes your breath smell like shit, and makes your teeth yellow.

Nobody likes you. The only people who want to be around you are other smokers.
>>
>>71097687
Caffeine isn't a proven toxic carcinogen that negatively affects others you use around.
>>
>>71097903
None of that shit actually happened in America, but okay.
>>
MUH GOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>71098403
nicotine patches, gum and even mouth fedoras do not show this.
>>
>>71098363
>failing to read or being incapable of comprehending my post

As you can see, I clearly designated that the other risks are a given. Your life will not be impacted negatively by choosing not to smoke. The opposite will happen.

>smoking barely harms the self

lol. didn't read the rest because you're a proven Lyin' Ted
>>
>>71098483
Where were you in the 00's?
>>
>>71098151
Smoking isn't an issue. I know a woman who smoked through all three of her pregnancies and her kids came out of the womb fine and on time.

As for drinking, in moderation it isn't an issue, and fetal alcohol syndrome is a problem the parent will have to deal with themselves if they choose to drink. They can do as they choose as long as they accept the consequences.

>they don't exist

They do. One in particular is from Geoffrey Kabat and James Enstrom. There are also a few by Christopher Snowdon, but I'll have to go and find them again.
>>
>>71083744
>and even encouraged other high-ranking Nazis to give up smoking.
Fun fact, he did that by giving them gold watches.
>>
>>71098427
Did you not read the part where he said it makes him feel worse?
>>
ITT: Smokers defending their expensive habit that they literally had no good reason for starting
>>
>>71083744
SJW loves social policing, guess what side anti-smokers are on? Liberal states have expensive smokes.
>>
>>71098543
>the opposite will happen

Don't speak for smokers, if it makes them feel better they can puff away.

I don't smoke, I'm just tired of those who chastise others for doing so like a bunch of religious fanatics.
>>
>>71072254
I think a board of independant doctors should have the final say on stuff like drugs.
>>
>>71073203
I don't like cigarettes but second hand smoke being an actual danger is a myth. There is no correlation between second hand smoke and increased risks of cancer until you reach 30 years of living with someone who is a smoker, smoking around you all the time. And even then it's almost an insignificant statistical increase.
>>
>>71072254
Because faggots liberals like to be sanctimonious.
>>
>>71072254

It's unhealthy, but it's also an important social ritual and way to bond. For that reason, to stop people from smoking you need to remove the social aspect from it. That's why anti-smoking laws force smokers to go alone outside to smoke. It's often cold outside and there's nobody but you there smoking, so now that the social ritual aspect of smoking has been removed, it's much less appealing.
>>
>>71098556
Smoking advertisements yes. Kids getting sick like the post suggested? No.
>>
>>71075679
Jokes on you, my family is old money millionaires and I wear 6 year old Merrell moabs and flannel every day. :^)
>>
>>71098723
>saying it's okay for pregnant women to smoke and drink
We've been going back and forth for hours. Now I'm certain you're just dicking around, you can't actually think this. Here, you might like this, it's similar stuff.
asstr
files/Authors/this_guy/Cute%20Little%20Smoker/Cute%20Little%20Smoker%2c%20The%20Truth%20About%20Smoking.txt
>>
>>71098889
ITT: terrified nonsmokers

>>71098151
Dug up a few, I don't agree with every point made, but there are important points made

The smoking related articles by Christopher Snowdon are also good.

http://www.bmj.com/content/326/7398/1057

http://hawaiianlibertarian.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-longevity-paradox-tobacco.html?m=1

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/12539801/

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0013935180901280

http://www.yourdoctorsorders.com/2009/01/the-myth-of-second-hand-smoke/
>>
>>71098950
>I don't smoke
If I still thought you were being serious I wouldn't believe it.
But since you're obviously just dicking around it makes sense.
>>
>>71077546
>>71099728
Bump.
>>
>>71099611
I'm not saying it's a good thing but it's ultimately up to them and it's not always going to make them pump out defective children. You're not under the impression that everyone who smokes and drinks while pregnant creates a sick child, do you? That would be ridiculous.
>>
Cigarettes are fucking disgusting senpai. I smoked for 5 years before finally going cold turkey. A few months in I could breathe better, run better, didn't smell like shit, didn't waste money every couple of days, and my teeth got whiter.

Plus it poisons people around you. Uncle Adolf banned smoking. That tells you something...
>>
>>71099794
Nonsmokers can't defend smokers now? You're doing what you can to discredit the people you argue with using irrelevant arguments. I just feel bad for people who can't light up without being kicked outside. It's a nanny state style shunning on the part of anti-smoking campaigns and I find it ridiculous.
>>
>>71100048
>I'm not saying it's a good thing
Yeah, but you said it's okay, that it's not bad, which is wrong.
>You're not under the impression that everyone who smokes and drinks while pregnant creates a sick child, do you?
Of course not, but it's a horrible risk and is likely to cause problems. Goddamn, this os stupid.
>>71100206
>Nonsmokers can't defend smokers now?
It's just unlikely. And I've already figured out you're not serious here when you said it's okay for pregnant women to smoke and drink.
>I just feel bad for people who can't light up without being kicked outside.
Why?
>>
>>71076287
It really is.

The only thing more satisfying than a post-workout smoke is a sitting in the backyard sipping on a whiskey, neat smoke.
>>
>>71100663

>Yeah, but you said it's okay, that it's not bad, which is wrong.
It can be bad but that isn't always the case for pregnant women. The crack babied epidemic was also completely overstated and actual scientific evidence eventually came out that showed that the number of crack babies was over exaggerated

>Of course not, but it's a horrible risk and is likely to cause problems. Goddamn, this is stupid.
It is a risk, yes. That doesn't mean that risks can be overstated heavily.
>It's just unlikely. And I've already figured out you're not serious here when you said it's okay for pregnant women to smoke and drink.
I'm ultimately trying to say that you can't police what people do with their bodies and that includes pregnant women. They can do their own thing. Again I've seen and heard of pregnant people who smoke and drink and their kids turned out in normal shape. I also know those who don't and their kids were premature and/or sick. Pregnancies are often unpredictable and not final or absolute.
>Why?
Because lighting up next to someone doesn't kill them and people need to smoke. It's like coffee but it's even more effective. People have different ways of dealing with stress due to mental or emotional problems and it makes them feel good.
Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.