[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Richard Nixon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10
Why does /pol/ like this man so much? Which of his policies were based? Was he a good president?
>>
He was perhaps the most honest president the US ever had.
>>
Look up his policies and see if you agree.

Basically he was like Bernie.

Proposed minimum guaranteed income (FAP)
Wanted single payer healthcare.
Repealed minimum mandatory sentence for marijunana (Reagan brought it back)
Wanted a clean environment and made EPA etc.etc.
Minority Business Development Agency
Price and wage controls.
>>
File: gerald.jpg (2 MB, 3978x5838) Image search: [Google]
gerald.jpg
2 MB, 3978x5838
>>70639332
>>
File: Nixon-rebozo-hoover.jpg (268 KB, 730x526) Image search: [Google]
Nixon-rebozo-hoover.jpg
268 KB, 730x526
>>70639529
>He was perhaps the most honest president the US ever had.

HA AHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHA AHA AHA AHAHA AHA HA AH

put down the german proxy, ausbro.

>>70641373

yes. he would be considered fairly liberal in today's america.
>>
>>70641510
He's probably like Chris Christie who is also a moderate.
Christie gets called a RINO these days but he would be a normal 50s Republican.

The Rockefeller era Republicans were very different. (Eisenhower and Nixon)

All of them including the relatively libertarian Goldwater wanted a cleaner environment more than a free market.

Obama thinks he's more conservative than Nixon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5AJiCKIWr0
>>
File: lbj3.jpg (46 KB, 550x477) Image search: [Google]
lbj3.jpg
46 KB, 550x477
>>70641714

How and why would a netherlander (dutchman?) know so much about our politicians? Just curious. You are probably more knowledgeable than 99% of american /pol/, including myself.

pic related is my favorite american president photo. I think someone was heckling them and LBJ wanted to go beat the snot out of him.
>>
Hunter S. Thompson's Eulogy for Richard Nixon (1994) gives some great insights into the man
http://www.theatlantic.com/past/unbound/graffiti/crook.htm
Highlights include:

...If the right people had been in charge of Nixon's funeral, his casket would have been launched into one of those open-sewage canals that empty into the ocean just south of Los Angeles. He was a swine of a man and a jabbering dupe of a president. Nixon was so crooked that he needed servants to help him screw his pants on every morning. Even his funeral was illegal. He was queer in the deepest way. His body should have been burned in a trash bin....

Let there be no mistake in the history books about that. Richard Nixon was an evil man -- evil in a way that only those who believe in the physical reality of the Devil can understand it. He was utterly without ethics or morals or any bedrock sense of decency. Nobody trusted him -- except maybe the Stalinist Chinese, and honest historians will remember him mainly as a rat who kept scrambling to get back on the ship...

Nixon's spirit will be with us for the rest of our lives -- whether you're me or Bill Clinton or you or Kurt Cobain or Bishop Tutu or Keith Richards or Amy Fisher or Boris Yeltsin's daughter or your fiancee's 16-year-old beer-drunk brother with his braided goatee and his whole life like a thundercloud out in front of him. This is not a generational thing. You don't even have to know who Richard Nixon was to be a victim of his ugly, Nazi spirit.

He has poisoned our water forever. Nixon will be remembered as a classic case of a smart man shitting in his own nest. But he also shit in our nests, and that was the crime that history will burn on his memory like a brand. By disgracing and degrading the Presidency of the United States, by fleeing the White House like a diseased cur, Richard Nixon broke the heart of the American Dream.
>>
>>70642038
>poisoned our waters
>signed bills that helped keep the waters clean

>>70642027
It's mostly just random specific scraps I've read about those people.
>>
>>70642798
>signed bills that helped keep the waters clean
It's obviously a play on words that discredits his flagship environmental legislation by implying he poisoned the American political 'waters'
>>
>>70639332
he was a piece of shit and a company he owned killed a bunch of people testing a flu vaccine
>>
File: sddefault.jpg (20 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
sddefault.jpg
20 KB, 640x480
>>70639332
photo of Nixon with his owner Prescott Bush
>>
File: based henry kissinger.jpg (64 KB, 350x430) Image search: [Google]
based henry kissinger.jpg
64 KB, 350x430
>>70639332

Daily Reminder that the only thing that stops a bad Jew running the government is a good Jew running the government
>>
File: Nixons_dog_Checkers.jpg (683 KB, 1872x2478) Image search: [Google]
Nixons_dog_Checkers.jpg
683 KB, 1872x2478
Press F to pay respect.
>>
>>70644179
>Henry Kissinger was based

Kill yourself, you traitorous kike. You're not fooling anyone. Kissinger was one of the most evil men this century, and he deserves a slow and painful death
>>
Nixon was very based

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTPyE6f7GnQ
>>
>>70639332
First off, /pol/ isn't one person, kid. Nixon was elected as a reaction to the hippie movements and anti-war riots. The United States wanted a law and order candidate.
>>
>>70644455
>shitting on Jews and Niggers while in the White House
Literally and physically impossible to be more red pill than that.
>>
>>70639332
I actually took a class on watergate with motherfucking John dean the white house aid to nixon
Watergate was going to happen no matter what in fact there was a previous scandal that turned out to be 100% fake because this one lady said she could buy votes in DC.
McCord was a fucking retard i.e. had access to the fucking CIA AND FBI WIRE TAPPING WHO TOLD HIM NOT TO FUCKING DO IT
BROKE INTO A FUCKING DOCTOR'S OFFICE AND WAITED OUTSIDE FOR HIS FUCK UP HELPERS
AND WAS GOING TO BUG THE HOTEL ROOM OF THE HEAD DEMO GUY
>>70644179
BECAUSE OF THIS GUY RIGHT HERE SAYING IF NIXON DIDN'T THROW A HISSY FIT OVER THE PENT PAPERS NIXON THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD THING AS IT WAS ALL DEMOCRATS IT SHIT ON WAS A GOOD THING FOR HIM
BUT FUCKING HENRY SAID YOU'RE NOT A REAL MAN IF YOU LET THIS SLIP
>>
>>70644709
>Literally and physically impossible to be more red pill than that.

Except that it was mostly secretive. He was vocal in his opposition to the anti-war protesters, and his antagonistic relationship with the press, and he probably made some law-and-order speeches more or less directed at blacks, but he was not considered to be overtly racist or anti-semitic while he was in office.
>>
File: 1443567880389.png (63 KB, 710x485) Image search: [Google]
1443567880389.png
63 KB, 710x485
>>70644811

Classic lesson in not slipping up when it comes to the enemy of nations. You used to see people here making the same mistake with Ben Shapiro.
>>
File: dubs.jpg (8 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
dubs.jpg
8 KB, 224x225
Real talk: he was the last 'good' president we had. Not excellent, just good. He gave more power to States domestically, but focused on improving international relations and generally succeeded at it, like the president is supposed to.

Every president since has been <=6/10.
>>
File: napalm in the morning.gif (2 MB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
napalm in the morning.gif
2 MB, 659x609
>>70644392
>Kissinger was one of the most evil men this century

Butthurt Gook detected

Not his fault you Cambodians are subhuman savage barely worthy of being called a country
>>
>>70648406
>He gave more power to States domestically,

I'm not saying he didn't, but could you give examples, and explain how they made america better than it was.

to me, nixon's paranoia and lack of self-confidence did him in. if he had had Eisenhower's self-confidence, he would have dealt with viet nam the way eisenhower dealt with korea, which was a much bigger deal at the time. eisenhower went to the battlefield, talked to his generals, and said "this is a waste of time, wrap it up and get out". instead Nixon prolonged the war for 4 or 5 needless years during which he fought with the press and the anti-war movement like a child. I'd even venture to say that watergate might not have happened if he had ended vietnam quickly; he would have been a popular president with some support in the press.

but back to watergate. if he had had any balls he would have denounced that retarded operation, but see, the problem was that his lack of confidence directly led to it, by his support for the plumbers ridiculous operations.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.