[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transhumanism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9
File: descarga.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators the creator seeks -- those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest.

Man is a rope, tied between beast and overman--a rope over an abyss. A dangerous across, a dangerous on-the-way, a dangerous looking-back, a dangerous shuddering and stopping. What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end: what can be loved in man is that he is an overture and a going under.
Friedrich Nietzsche

>using cybernetic enchancements to improve human longevity, intellect and strenght
>actively use eugenics to improve our genetics
>achieve clinical immortality
>evolve into Gods

Is transhumanism the ultimate redpill?
>>
>>70594285
I like the idea of transhumanism because:
>no cancer
>superstreingth while doing nothing but sitting on a couch all day
>enhanced vision
>ect ect
>>
>>70594285
>>70594285
Ultimate goal of the wealthy elite. The poor working force won't be in on it.
>>
>>70594285
I support transhumanism as I believe I will one day be able to implant my brain into the cybernetic body of an anime girl.
>>
>>70594582
this.

Pandora 4 laifu.

Also I'd like to have better vision. Otherwise I'm pretty much pefectly healthy in all ways.
>>
File: Fffimage.jpg (22 KB, 340x350) Image search: [Google]
Fffimage.jpg
22 KB, 340x350
>>70594285

We can rebuild him.
>>
There are really only two technologies which really interest me.
Scanning, and printing.
Now, scanning is relatively simple in principle, but wizardry in practice. I want to be able to scan a brain down to the individual neuron. This information, if we can get the resolution high enough, is what makes a person who they are. Once we can take snapshots of people, we can do interesting things with that information. Whether you want to live on as silicon or flesh, we need that sort of ability, to begin combating various diseases and information theoretic death. There's all sorts of problems, and signal processing is a dense swamp I cannot begin to penetrate.
Additive generation (3d printing) is a relatively new field, and scientists have begun using stem cells to make organs, which is a great step forward, but it won't solve all of our problems. We need additive processes that work on a much smaller scale. We desperately need more advances in nano-scale technologies.
Right now we need scanning and printing in much, much higher fidelity than is currently possible, if we are going to become immortal.

People worry about the moral implications of cloning, but people are idiots. Cloning a person just gives you another person - it's no different from having a child. Forking (creating an instance of a person, not just their genes) is where things get interesting.
>>
The idea of replacing anything on my body with, well, anything else, frightens me to no end.

I've had my arms, my fingers, my body since the day I was born. From where I'm standing, being excited to throw it all away almost seems like a mental disorder. I can understand why we would want to "transcend" into some sort of superior form, and that's fine, but I for one want to see how far we can stretch our own biology before jumping ship entirely.
>>
>>70597182
Transhumanism doesn't necessitate uploading.
Biological modifications through genetic engineering or nanomachines is just as transhumanistic.
Heck, the most realistic transhuman thing I've seen lately would be replacing the bacteria in your mouth with a strain that didn't shit out acids which eat tooth enamel. One swish and spit, and no more cavities.
>>
>>70596889
Dam your dumb
>>
>>70597587
Thats the type of shit I can get behind.

Although I'm starting to wonder what the real point of this thread is.
>>
>>70597618
Thank you for your insight.
Thanks to your critique of my so clearly idiotic insight, I've decided to do as you suggest, and "dam my dumb".

>>70597847
Well, there's a reason we won't see any of this tech until it becomes so easy to implements that people can do it out of their garage. There's no way the dental industry will sit idly by while all those toothbrushes, mouthwashes, toothpastes, flosses, dentist visits, and other shit becomes obsolete. Some company will buy up any work that gets done, and sit on it.
This goes for any technology capable of making people less reliant on something they can be sold.
>>
>>70597182
You also have constantly trimmed nails and hair, so what?
Also your teeth can be artificial too.
>>
>>70594285
fucking trannys get off my /pol/
>>
>>70599935
I sexually identify as a 300 ton Mk. XXVII Bolo battle unit. Every time I enter a bathroom unable to accommodate what I imagine to by my 50 meter frame, I'm triggered. Then, because I triggered, but my hellbore main gun did not fire, and I'm forced to face the fact that reality is trans-bolo-phobic. I can't even live a normal life! Being a bolo means crushing the enemies of humanity with overwhelming firepower, but these microagressions I have to face every day from shitlords like you make me want to puke. Can't you see that on the inside, I'm a weapon of destructive potential unseen since the mobilization of atomic weapons in Japan? How am I supposed to live without mighty treads rending the earth beneath me, firing off salvos of anti-personnel flechettes, mortars, and enough artillery shells to crush a man to death beneath the weight of the casings?
That's why I need transhumanism.
>>
>>70600766
God dammit, you have a way with words. Make many beautiful children and crush your enemies under your thick treads.
>>
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
>>
>>70599935
Are there even any trannies in this thread?
>>
>>70594285
Lets completely redesign our legs to make ground movement better, the theropod dinosaurs had pretty good legs for agile ground movement compared to these primate pillars we got.
>>
>>70594285

Still won't make you white
>>
File: Nanomachines-son.png (1 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Nanomachines-son.png
1 MB, 1360x768
>>70597587
>nanomachines

Motherfucking respirocytes. Replace your red blood cells with nanomachines that hold hundreds of times more oxygen per cell.

>sprint until you get rhabdo
>hold your breath for hours underwater
>casually walk into a hospital after a heart attack
>>
>>70594285
Transhumanism is satan's plan, please for your own sake's don't be deceived. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjmFm8PIz8M
>>
>>70603770
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respirocyte
Holy shit my dick is carbon nanotubes right now.
>>
>>70603883
>2.5 hours
>crazy naturalist Illuminati Christian conspiracy
>>
Transhumanism is a proto-cult.
>>
>>70603883
>2.5 hours
Yea no nigger
>>
>>70594285
You're the kind of people I can't not hate.
>>
>>70604577
The science itself is unbiased and as real as it gets. The question is how will this power be abused, inevitably. Imagine how transhumanism will affect racial diffrences. Hope i get to see it in my life time
>>
>>70604577
Techno-cult, you mean.
Respect the machine spirit, praise the omnissiah.

>>70603883
5 minutes in, and I can't figure out what the fuck this is supposed to be about, besides being an amalgation of a bunch of crackpots. I mean, I'm not disbelieving of conspiracy theories without exception, nor do I think all conspiracy theorists are delusional - but this timecube level nonsense.

>>70604844
I think it will be suppressed before it is embraced by criminal elements. And then it will become wide-spread enough that no amount of regulation could prevent widespread adoption - that's when we need to start worrying.
When any idiot has a gene editor in his garage, and a microfabricator in his closet, radical elements (muh terrorists) can engage in biological and chemical warfare much more easily. Forget the construction of IEDs, they'll be printing mortar shells and microsats.
>>
>>70604844
>The science itself is unbiased and as real as it gets
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Transhumanists are all pop-sci faggots circlejerking of the thought of immortality.
It's 95% hype and 5% actual science.
>>
>>70604844
Jew
>>
>>70605076
>nano/bio terror
I'm pretty sure counter measures will develope naturally. Might even be good great for the economy
>>
>>70604844
YAHWEH YAHWEH YAHWEHYAHWEHYAHWEHAHWEHYAHWEHYAHWEHYAWEH
>>
>>70594285

Prosthetics fashioned into deadly weapons is as far as I would accept. If I ever end up getting an arm amputated I want to to be replaced with a huge fuck-off blade or fashioned into a gun.
>>
>>70594285
The flesh is weak but the body is willing
>>
>>70603770
>>70604405
Thanks. I actually forgot how it was called.
>>
I don't got time for this so late at night, so I'll state my main points instead of an hours long debate.

1. The human form is sacred. It is who and what you are.

2. The human form is defined, at it's most basic level, by your DNA. That is how a species is defined. To alter it, or forego it all together, is to devalue human life in it's entirety.

3. A computerized brain doesn't use the same mechanisms as your natural brain. No matter how sophisticated the emulation, it will never be the same as the original. You would be nothing more than a false copy.

4. If we reduce ourselves to just a bunch of inconsequential, and interchangeable parts, all value for ourselves, and especially others, goes right out the window. Society will lose cohesion. The slippery slope is very real. Pic related.

5. It's part of the greater libtard movement to remove all personal responsibility. If you remove yourself from the equation all together, you can't be at fault if something goes wrong. What better way to do that, than to remove all humans? Modern liberalism really is a death cult for white people.

6. We have drugs to make us stronger and smarter already, but there's a huge stigmatism against using them. This typically revolves around a stupid "muh chemicals" argument.
>>
File: 1459446510353.jpg (39 KB, 720x900) Image search: [Google]
1459446510353.jpg
39 KB, 720x900
>>70607164
wew
>>
>>70607237
>calling me the neckbeard
>>
>>70607164
William Taggart leave
>>
>>70607164
>1. The human form is sacred. It is who and what you are.

Religious argument. The totality of your identity is basically in your brain. If you could exist just as a brain in a tube, you wouldn't cease being who you are, you would just miss your entire human body.

>2. The human form is defined, at it's most basic level, by your DNA. That is how a species is defined. To alter it, or forego it all together, is to devalue human life in it's entirety.

That's true, you're defined by your DNA if we're talking about species, but making some tweaks doesn't mean devaluing life like you're suggesting or else medicine would also be paradoxically considere another thing that would "devalue life". There are things your body cannot do and that's why it needs external support sometimes. Being stronger, faster and smarter would only improve your life and that's a fact.

>3. A computerized brain doesn't use the same mechanisms as your natural brain. No matter how sophisticated the emulation, it will never be the same as the original. You would be nothing more than a false copy.

That's your assumption but you do not know that. No one knows what consciousness is at the moment and what's the exact process of forming an identity. There's speculation that identity itself is just an illusion that your brain creates, and what we are is just a biological machine.

>4. If we reduce ourselves to just a bunch of inconsequential, and interchangeable parts, all value for ourselves, and especially others, goes right out the window. Society will lose cohesion. The slippery slope is very real. Pic related.

I don't understand this. It'd be nice if you could offer an example. Even as a superhuman, you probably would be able to die anyway, it really depends on what level we're talking about.
>>
File: 1459941156115.png (26 KB, 861x758) Image search: [Google]
1459941156115.png
26 KB, 861x758
>yes goyim buy our augments oy vey
>is a bad goyim
>flips kill switch
>>
If everyone could have Von Neumann's IQ, Ronald Reagan's hairline and everlasting youth- we just might prove the cynics wrong and actually achieve utopia for once.
>>
File: 1409333510048.jpg (146 KB, 654x539) Image search: [Google]
1409333510048.jpg
146 KB, 654x539
Holy fuck the amount of bullshit in this thread is OUT. FUCKING. STANDING.

>>70594285
>delusions of grandeur: the post

Enjoy your phantom-limbs, mental instability, implant recalls, potential hackings, and neuropozyne addiction, slave.

>>70596889
>I want to be able to scan a brain down to the individual neuron
>This information, if we can get the resolution high enough, is what makes a person who they are

No.

Consciousness is not merely a physical reaction. Consciousness involves A WHOLE LOT MORE then simply coping neurons. There is doubt that Consciousness can be explained by simple mechanics.

There's also the whole deal with materialism (potentially) being disproved thanks to the quantum wave form collapsing from observation and from the fact that numerous recent experiments show that local realism does not exist. And if materialism is bullshit, then its likely that materialist explanations of consciousnesses (which you describe) being false, although I do not know enough on the topic to comment further.

>>70603770
>>70597587

Daily reminder that nanomachines are physically impossible. The physics of nanomachines simply do not work at the microscopic and nanoscopic level. There are VERY VERY few people, even in the nanotech field, that believe that machines are even possible, let alone are able to make grey goo.

Just like how Nanomachines, son, were a bullshit way for MGS to explain away supernatural shit, Nanomachines are a bullshit way for transhumanists to explain supernatural shit in their own fiction.

>>70604844
>The science itself is unbiased and as real as it gets

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Transhumanism is literally religion for the techies and atheists. The amount of pseudo-science that gets pushed around in the transhumanism sphere is fucking boggling, especially when its actually fairly intelligent people who should know better, but mis-placed faith corrupts absolutely.

>>70607613

>Daily reminder that Taggart did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>70607164
>5. It's part of the greater libtard movement to remove all personal responsibility. If you remove yourself from the equation all together, you can't be at fault if something goes wrong. What better way to do that, than to remove all humans? Modern liberalism really is a death cult for white people.

What does this have to do with transhumanism? Also, you don't know what liberalism is.

>6. We have drugs to make us stronger and smarter already, but there's a huge stigmatism against using them. This typically revolves around a stupid "muh chemicals" argument.

I'm not very informed on drugs but... i don't think the drugs you're talking about are as efficient, powerful and with 0 side effects as they should be to really change anything.
>>
File: adam.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
adam.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
>>70607943
Taggart is a fucking faggot and so are you
>>
>>70594496
What about...
>Elites would never let your candy ass apply for any of that cool shit
>>
>>70608177
>not getting rich as fuck right now so you have the cash for when these things exist
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.