[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Pol/gramming -- Programming General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: cpp.jpg (20 KB, 360x193) Image search: [Google]
cpp.jpg
20 KB, 360x193
/Pol/gramming is needed because of the current regressive leftist (SJW) invasion into our field:

https://imgur.com/e0HNCKm

https://imgur.com/a/CMRVq

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/47g6xx/remember_that_oppressive_coc_being_pushed_on_open/

http://todogroup.org/opencodeofconduct/
>>
Women suck at code, and are not interested in programming.

The startups hiring women will eventually die. I should open a VC fund that exclusively invests in men-only team. That'd be pretty effective.
>>
about to start right now.
>>
>>70538096
You autists know there are alternatives to github right?
>>
Beware of your blood pressure:

https://github.com/opal/opal/issues/941
>>
It often pisses me off (I often see women only awards or scholarships) but I can't say a word about this because that would make me literally Hitler for most.
>>
File: tumblr_nm3nm3Omkq1r8kz72o2_400.jpg (10 KB, 251x241) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm3nm3Omkq1r8kz72o2_400.jpg
10 KB, 251x241
>>70538096
Graduating Comp Sci. in a month. I'm horrified at how cucked our whole field is.

I should have known that a field of nerds and beta-males would have this problem.

I'm planning on keeping my head down for 5-8 years while I gather funds to create my own startup. I'm not going to be working for some limp-wristed "diversity" fetishist for the rest of my life.
>>
as a google employee, my blood pressure is already permanently high because of this shit
>>
>>70538867
No google doodle for Easter really pissed me off. I used to really admire Google.
>>
Just a reminder: the reason you aren't programming in a purely functional language is because you are purely retarded. Unless you are working in realtime systems, Haskell would be a better fit for your application. Please educate yourselves before you add more shitty procedural code which could be beautiful FP masterrace code.
>>
>>70538702
I've been a programmer for almost 10 years. Relax shithead. Unless you plan on working for a San Fran start up its nothing like this. I have worked up and down Manhattan through various companies and none were like this. Serious programming companies don't have this problem only start ups on the west coast. You see this on git hub because that's were all the autists and shut ins congregate.
>>
>>70538096
>https://imgur.com/a/CMRVq
0 bugs ever...wow
thathappened.jpg
>>
reposting this, it's a nice link I could've sworn that the textbook used to be $80 if you wanted to buy it

http://mazonka.com/shared/Straustrup4th.pdf
>>
>>70538978

link? i installed a doodle remover addon after opening a new tab at work and seeing the 2015 doodle winner.

i was mad for the next three days.
>>
>>70538096
Yeah I feel discouraged from joining any community revolving around programming. I'm simply not good enough at it, and since I'm not an SJW, I can't stand the beginners communities.

I'll be educating solo for a while.
>>
>>70539100
dont talk to me like that faggot ill hack you
>>
>>70539413
There was nothing to see just default Google logo on Easter. Which roughly 70% of the country ostensibly was celebrating.

They had a black pride "black lives matter" doodle a couple of weeks prior.
>>
>>70539553
Whatever just stop acting like a whiny bitch. You should know already alot on /pol/ is exaggerated. If a programming company isn't willing to create bullshit SJW Adria Richards positions you literally will not encounter any woman who aren't from China or India and those woman aren't whiny SJW cunts and actually know their shit.
>>
Which is the quickest thing that can get me a job: Ruby, MySQL or JavaScript?

Keep in mind I already think Ruby sucks. Actually I hate all three of those things.
>>
>>70539735
that's it buddy ur getting hacked. What's your ip address?
>>
>>70538867
I wanna get a job as PM at google, got any advice for me?
>>
>>70538233
>70538233
Sounds like the next best new business model
>>
>>70539897
He said "Google employee", as opposed to giving a job title, so he's probably a janitor at one of their server bases.
>>
EDI / Java /pol/grammer reporting in

If you think programming is SJW based on google, you must be new

fact: pretty much every human besides white males excel at programming. they will be filtered out come review time
>>
>>70539748
You don't really get a MySQL job ITS just something you are expected to know to complement other languages. You should know multiple things honestly and stay away from web programming it's overfilled and basically the denistry or programming. Go learn Java or C# if you want a job.
>>
>>70539853

>>
>>70538096
if (brown eyes = 1) {
echo "not white"}
else echo "white"
>>
>>70539897

knowing someone to refer you helps a ton.

not sure if PM interviews are technical (they should partially be), but if they are, study the "cracking the coding interview" book.
>>
File: 9001.jpg (105 KB, 761x1000) Image search: [Google]
9001.jpg
105 KB, 761x1000
>>70538096
You have my sword
>>
>This thread
>>>/g/
>>
>>70540011

janitors here are contractors, not employees.
>>
>>70540400
/g/ is a pretentious shithole where students, and NEETs trying to self teach programming circle jerk and amaze themselves knowing trivial stuff. It's the closest thing we have to reddit on this entire site. I program for a living and never go there.
>>
>>70540134
nice try faggot I found you at 192.168.0.1 your in trouble now
>>
>>70540532
When you go on interviews the best advice I can give you is make sure you know what you are talking about. These people dont want assholes who memorize syntax they want people who understand what they are doing. Syntax is not important and you can even get it wrong as long as you show the employer you know what you are talking about.
>>
>>70540194
thanks
Will you refer me? I want to work in Zurich ;^)
>>
File: TOP GIT.png (130 KB, 1576x624) Image search: [Google]
TOP GIT.png
130 KB, 1576x624
>>70538096
>those fucking profile pics

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
You made a second thread?
>>
>>70540798
Yeah I think I'll be fine. It sounds arrogant, but in terms of actually knowing what I'm doing I'm objectively better than 95% of my graduating class. This generation is fucking lazy. I have to write all the code for my final projects because my teammates literally don't know how to code after 4+ years of education in it.
>>
>>70540798

This. Also, nobody really gives a shit that you know how some basic data structures work. Woah, you can code a binary tree in Java? Cool.

Unless you're applying for a job such as compiler engineer, it's not actually that beneficial to know.
>>
>>70540798
You seem to know stuff about the industry. Two questions.

1) Do recruiters really ask fizzbuzz?
2) Do people really fail at fizzbuzz?
>>
>>70541134
Honestly I think it's pretty fucking important for a programmer to know what a fucking binary tree is.
>>
>>70541106

https://modelviewculture.com/pieces/the-dehumanizing-myth-of-the-meritocracy

I'm going to read and report back.
>>
>>70541134
I dunno if I agree with this. I've had some cunty interviews where they asked me to do pseudo code for certain sorts and structures. I have no idea why this is still a fucking thing it irritates me.
>>
>>70539004
>functional programming
When will this forced meme die?
>>
>>70541143
I got fizzbuzz once it was like the first question in that interview seemed like a quick filter question. Other buddies of mine got if too. Recruiters don't ask you questions they get you jobs.
>>
>>70541134

Yes, it is important, but for your average programmer, there are far more important things that you should know. Also, I'm talking about people who would put "created binary tree in Java" on their resume.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (52 KB, 491x825) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
52 KB, 491x825
>>70538096
funny seeing this thread now, I have a gift for you /pol/ gimme a minute to upload
>>
>>70541066
sorry, can't risk it here.

>>70541134
this is a troll, coding a BST is a very popular interview question.

>>70541143
fizzbuzz may be asked at like a phone interview, and yes many people cannot do it.
>>
>>70541368
PHP is a sleazy dirtbag language made for nothing more than sucking Sir Tim Burners Lee's cock. The whole thing should have been ended back when CD-ROM drives were still single-speed.

What a fucking waste of a possibly good idea.
>>
>>70541368
I'm making a large PHP project write now. As a PHP developer, how do you avoid commiting suicide?
>>
>>70541143
>2) Do people really fail at fizzbuzz?
They do. I don't know how these idiot even graduated.
>>
>>70541598
I can answer that. In school we were taught syntax over theory. So people know what while loops are, what methods are kinda what classes are but they can't visualize how to use this shit on their on. That's why they fail fizzbuzz and questions like that.
>>
File: php.png (335 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
php.png
335 KB, 1280x720
>>70541368
>>
>>70541667
Just don't ever get to the point where you start reading the C++ debates about how to fix the language and then starting to think, "oh, well, that's pretty reasonable!"

It's all fucking goddamned shit.
>>
>>70541485

You should still know what a BST is, I'm not saying you shouldn't. That's just general knowledge. I'm simply referring to people who think that basic data structures like that are going to be part of their day to day programming work. For many programmers, it's just not that important of a topic to master.
>>
File: punished stroustrup c++.jpg (107 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
punished stroustrup c++.jpg
107 KB, 768x1024
>>70541796
stroustrup was the hero we needed, but not the one we deserved
>>
how fucked is the field in US due to h1b visas? my friend refers to himself as the "token white guy" at the software place he works at
>>
>>70538096

Is this mostly a silicon valley and big companies thing? Because I've still yet to work with a female programmer in my time as a freelancer or working for startups. Those companies can't afford social justice experiments, they want to make money.

Women in programming is a meme.
>>
>>70538233
I worked for a company that got a female boss through a merger and firing off old boss.
It took abouth 6 months for it all to fall a part. I amuze my self that not one single able person was actually able to continue the work at my lvl.
Too many women there also, I didn't think much of it in the start, fell for the fucking meme.

Already from school I did all lifting for one that became my coworker, but that wasn't special as I did this to all others too, I was already a senior developer when I took my degree (post .com demand)

oh well.. boss (was former coworker) started making a big deal out of me getting caught sleeping at this chick a town over by a coworker driving behind me on the highway.... This became a mayor issue... since she was a boss now it was her job to have control over who I slept with... and it should all be about her rhino ass... God damn this went to shit... feels feels feels. calling cops on people when they were sick, getting restraining orders over piss..

well... not much left of that shit kek.... basically killed our former comp some 25+ yo. That's what women do.

ofc only the men(we were actually close to 50/50) did all the work, most of the men were avereage a few of us had game. The women spent their time on facebook, focusing on furniture, gatherings, flowers, food... automaticly going into secreatry pos more or less.. female teamleader? yeah that's those project that never gets done or just go to shit. Fuck I miss the 90ies this way

NEVER AGAIN
>>
>>70541827

yeah, you should know them, and it will come up during interviews, but putting it on your resume is pretty autistic. unless you reimplemented STL or something.
>>
>>70541884
Holyshit! Ha ha ha.
>>
>>70538096
is it just me or c++ is fucking gay?
>>
File: TrumpShrine.gif (2 MB, 380x214) Image search: [Google]
TrumpShrine.gif
2 MB, 380x214
>>70541457

A gift for you my melanin enriched friend.
>>
>>70539004
signed
>>
>>70541884
relevant as ever isn't he? with 11,14 and 17.
He's still in that loop?

Personally I urgk... hoped for cleaner templates, kinda puts me off, though I love my mother tongue
>>
>>70541884
One of the few college texts I kept.
>>
>>70541776
Kek
>>
>>70538096
is this the #gamergate thread?
>>
>>70542103
Not as gay as your country.
>>
>>70541368
Sohn, wir müssen reden ...
>>
File: 1422570422005.jpg (32 KB, 587x347) Image search: [Google]
1422570422005.jpg
32 KB, 587x347
>>70541884
>>
On a nice side note two of the only three women in my career (technology and software development) dropped the career this last week. They fell for the "engineers get rich" meme.
They were expecting some guy would help them to do their shit, nobody helped them more than the necessary, I'm proud of my class, really proud.

The last remaining girl is pretty smart and can do her own shit herself, gotta give her that.
>>
>>70541485
no worries, do you know how much a PM is making?
>>
>>70541906

unless you're a complete shitter, most H1Bs are of no threat to you.
>>
>>70541906
http://www.wsj.com/articles/demand-for-skilled-worker-visas-exceeds-u-s-supply-in-5-days-1460061278

It's gotten so bad they changed the format to lottery based because there are just too many applicants. Every politician except Trump and Bernie will raise the cap dramatically. I honestly think Trump will too he keeps flip flopping on it. I am the token white at my job. Of my team of 15 There are only 4 whites, 2 are from Russia thus not Americans and only me and another Autistic guy are authentic Americans. My boss that hired me was Indian. He got fired recently. Replaced with a new Indian guy. Oh yea the supervisor of them is Indian. My QA manager who I report to is Indian his head is Pakistani. The only "whites" are at the top in the business world but I think a lot of them are Jews. If they raise this cap man it's going to get a lot worse. We already got fucked last summer when the law stating the spouses of H1B visas couldn't get automatic work visas changed so that's a lot of foreign people that entered. Every fucking Indian I work with is browsing some immigration page when I walk by which they minimize when I come by. When they get a green card they keep it a secret and all have a party after work with the other Indians. Basically they know they are hated which I am happy for but they are still a problem.
>>
>>70541776
How can one man be so fucking based?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (66 KB, 489x829) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
66 KB, 489x829
> MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN <

http://www.megafileupload.com/ngyW/MAGA.zip

Have fun
>>
>>70538702
>I'm horrified at how cucked our whole field is.
it isn't the entire shit is it?

Here we got a problem that everything has been hijacked by big consultant agencies, basically due too the state wanting to boost the it industry, as always destroying it instead...
It's all about how nice cloth you wear, how nice you speak, nothing to do with code, that's irrelevant they want you to suck. Shit works like this you make crap, 6mo later it's a new bidding, you are hired in, making more crap to fix cycle continues

Ones we aimed to be the best of the best, this is over now.... produce crap and outsource to east europe and india

shoot me now
>>
>>70541134
Eh. I think it is important to know what type of data structures exist and what sorting and searching algs exist. You don't necessarily need to know how to code them from scratch. Shit, you can often cheat using libraries and APIs that already have such functionalities but you have to know about them for them to be useful.
>>
>>70542582
It's the way they dump money onto the slaves to build the temples for them.
>>
>>70542539
Yes i'll just download your random zip off megafileupload with no description. Is this the power of autism?
>>
>>70540028
>You don't really get a MySQL
what is database developer/Admin

>stay away from web programming it's overfilled and basically the dentistry of programming

what? I think youre confusing web development and web programming. web programming is the majority of Software dev these days. no one writes software to distribute as executables. it's all browser based. it uses Java and Python and all that good stuff. web dev is designing the page, and yes web devs are scum
>>
>>70542343

should be the same payscale as eng with a similar ladder.

starting offer in cali for a fresh grad is $105k + 15% bonus + 45% in stock yearly. assuming it's similar or maybe ~10% less in europe.
>>
>>70541457
Huh, something programmed using the LWJGL.
>>
>>70542071

Yup. For reference, I'm a full stack web developer in a field relating to Clinical Trials. I wasn't asked a single data structure question in my interview. The technical interview was a full day consisting of design questions, SOA questions, DDD questions, and random in depth c# questions, etc.

Knowledge about data structures is important, but take it with a grain of salt. Just my two cents
>>
>>70541776

There's literally nothing wrong with protected properties.
>>
>>70538096
No wonder /g/ is shit with people like you.
>>
>>70542103
No. The C languages are the pinnacle of White male achievement. They are the foundation of all our technology.
>>
>>70541106
kek
"modelviewculture"
is that some feminist take on mvvm or mvc?

jesus...
>>
Sysadmin masterrace here.
Feels good getting paid alot for browing 4chan and occasional work
>>
>>70542451
dude, my neighborhood is like 50% indian it feels like. literally my next door neighbors, the ones behind me, and half of my street have accents and everything.

i had no idea how they're getting in so easily - i'm assuming it's IT now

that video of the disney guy testifying after being replaced is very sad. I was also worried when Trump flipped on that issue a bit, but i still think he's our best shot
>>
>>70542790
My DBAs that I always worked with had a lot of technologies under their belt. Maybe that's just me I dunno. Web Dev is what I was referring too. All the hipster ads on facebook that promise to make you a programmer in a month are usually for that.
>>
File: VJED16r[1].png (217 KB, 580x910) Image search: [Google]
VJED16r[1].png
217 KB, 580x910
>>70538096
>Number one best programmer
Perfect combination of dunning kruger effect and terrible english skills
>>
File: 17 - Shield Block.jpg (2 MB, 1498x1998) Image search: [Google]
17 - Shield Block.jpg
2 MB, 1498x1998
>>70538096
>>>/g/
>>
>>70542911
Isn't it odd that if you know how to make computers work like it's something in your back pocket that you're an amazing man who is steeped in all the esoteric varieties of magic?
>>
>>70538683
Those programming camps for women only exist to train more code monkeys for big corporations. Driving down our wages.
>>
>>70542643

This is actually what I believe too. I was being a little dismissive because I've seen a lot of kids coming out of college who want to start out at 100k, and basically only know general data structures. It's a solid foundation, but not especially valuable in and of itself.
>>
>>70542871

>>70542978

/g/ is controlled by SJWs.
>>
>>70541368
>2016
>not learning django
>>
>>70542888
you serious? its so anal to learn, java is superior
>>
>>70543187
Java is crap. No wonder it was bought up by Oracle.

Stupid goyim.
>>
File: Cruz rite now.jpg (53 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Cruz rite now.jpg
53 KB, 500x500
>>70542582
>consulting companies
Pure Cancer.
>companies come to uni to attract CS people
>real tech companies talk about their finished and current software projects
>consulting company talks about gender equality (apparently achieved by forcing private companies to donate to female hockey teams) and how "sexy" it is to be a consultant
>>
>>70542937

Thats the other problem with Indians hey don't fucking integrate. Every Indian I worked with a NYC without a doubt came from either the same NJ or LI Indian community and I even asked one flat out why not live closer and they said no we have to live with our people. This new form of immigration annoys the shit out of me. These Indians want to live in America but they want to import their slice of India here so they can resist our way of life as much as possible. Like these guys all ask me every year questions about fucking Thanksgiving and the 4th of July when we have off, important American holidays and they refuse to learn or acknowledge. What is going to happen to this country when we are full of economic migrants like this? They have no fucking interest in being American at fucking all despite having citizenships. I mean at least many Mexicans try or get American ideals. I think the religious bond helps with that. These Indians though no. What other country can shit like this fly?
>>
>>70538096
>muh safe space
although I've never known more transvestites, faggots and raging autists than in programming IRC channels
>>
>>70543187
>Java is superior to C
Anon, even though I am a Java coder, you are pouring gas onto a fire with those words. The only way to make it worse would be to mention C++.
>>
File: 1460046999042.jpg (187 KB, 1024x1344) Image search: [Google]
1460046999042.jpg
187 KB, 1024x1344
>>70541776

based
>>
>>70543164
>2016
>biting on the flavor of the month
K.. KEEP ME POSTED
>>
How do you know if someone codes in C or C++?

Don't worry, he'll tell you.
>>
File: feelsgood.png (5 KB, 204x204) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.png
5 KB, 204x204
>tfw declined a job offer to get into construction management instead

Have fun resisting suicidal urges you cucks
>>
>>70543187

Muh gimpy language
>>
>>70538096
SJWs took github. Big deal. There are dozens of alternatives to github. Github sucks, therefore, use a different online repository.

I'm more mad about them infecting Intel and taking over Mozilla.
>>
>>70542978
/g/ is literally only about phones and people asking what laptop they should get for college
>>
Could I get into this field without a degree?
>>
>>70543482
>declined a job to be a NYC court officer to be a programmer
>$60k starting, yearly bonuses, everything fully covered, union, pension as high as six figures if I do well and seeing as I am college educated that was a guarantee, first year you deal with shit dindu court areas after that you get to sit in a courthouse in Queens babysitting metal detectors and jury duty jurors all day

I regret not taking that. Programming is good don't get me wrong and the thing to do now but I will never create anything memorable so I really should have taken the easy more stable fork in my life road.
>>
File: 1427384423614.png (291 KB, 619x406) Image search: [Google]
1427384423614.png
291 KB, 619x406
>tfw i was about to pick CS degree but chose EE instead
>>
>>70543553
What's the right way to solve the github problem? They're all pinning it on me because I just gave up and let them do what they thought was cool or whatever. And now nobody knows what to do.
>>
>>70543628
there's always /asp/ where you can talk about WebDev
>>
>>70543699
Yes but you have to be REALLY good though. You lack experience and a degree so you have to show through your own words that you know what the fuck you are talking about. It's doable but hard.
>>
>>70543760
How's the coding job?
>>
>>70543699

Probably with certifications and experience/projects to show for it.
>>
>>70543760

60k in nyc? Isn't that basically poverty?
>>
>>70542824 >>70542539

Yes mane, just a small weekend meme game.
>>
>>70543863
It was fun until my company was hostility taken over. Now I work at least 50 hour weeks, barely get lunch breaks and I just despise with a passion the new management. It's on me though I need to leave.
>>
>>70540028
>dentistry of programming

So, it's a field that is protected by a licensing organization that ensures only Americans can do that line of work in this country, which ensures jobs as well as high to very high wages?
>>
>>70543898
>experience/projects

I'm learning Python, could you give an example of a project?
>>
>>70543957
Can't imagine living in NYC with that.

It's fun looking at the emails and seeing what the immigrants demand.
>>
>>70543957
>60k in nyc? Isn't that basically poverty?
No I survived with less. If you are smart you can live here cheaply. I bought a CO-OP and don't own a car. My "rent" which is mortgage and maintenance is ~$1000 for 1 BR I own. On the flip side I have hipster friends who pay $2000 for a studio they share in Brooklyn and make less than me and their financial life sucks but they are "living the dream".
>>
>>70543775

You're next
>>
>>70543777
The right thing to do, captain autism, is to not use Github, and use some other online repository, like gitgud.
>>
>>70543996
No it's a field that people couldn't make it in so they choose the dumber option.
>>
>>70544132
By the way, I own a car and you don't. Let me know next time I drive through the city so that other people can get a free ride.
>>
>>70541401

One day you will wake up, and all of your precious design patterns will be gone, all replaced with lambdas. You'll drive in to work, only to find your company has fired its entire development staff, replaced with one single Haskell developer working remotely who has increased productivity by 1000%. By the time you realize that OOP is dead, it will be too late for you to even begin to start learning FP.
>>
>>70543187

>IT'S HARDER TO LEARN THEREFORE IT'S NOT AS GOOD

Shut the fuck up nigger. This is coming from a guy who studied Java for 3 years in Uni, went on exchange where they taught me C for a year and came back to do my final year project in C++.

Granted it all depends on what type of application you're making. If it's computationally intense, then you defs want to be using C/C++. If it's just some nice GUI or if you want a guaranteed multi-platform capability (no fiddling around), you would use Java.
>>
>>70544231
I don't own a car out of choice. I could buy one with cash right now I just don't need it nor want to deal with looking for parking in Queens all the time.
>>
>>70544132

That's cool. I was looking at a job in nyc that paid double what I make now, but I would still take less home at the end of the week. Glad it's working out for you
>>
File: TRANNIES CODE.png (55 KB, 534x344) Image search: [Google]
TRANNIES CODE.png
55 KB, 534x344
>>70543187
You got a problem with anal faggot?

Java if you want the dosh
C++ if you want yourself

ALSO, TIME FOR /g/ HORROR
>>
>>70543775

It's but a temporary storm.

The fact is programming requires the logic of a borderline autist, and the vast majority of women and dindu's simply don't have it. This SJW shit is destined to fail for this reason.

It will always be a field dominated by white and asian men. They will realise this eventually and find an easier field to try and push their shit.
>>
>>70539237
I'm pretty sure that's a joke.
>>
File: 1437319911642.jpg (53 KB, 450x582) Image search: [Google]
1437319911642.jpg
53 KB, 450x582
>>70544485
>>
>>70544485
Jesus Christ that tweet literally gave me AIDS
>>
>>70543187

It's been a while sense I really used C++ or Java. But I remember C++ being easy for most applications. If only for the fact that you didn't have to apply stupid classes and methods just to get keyboard input or use strings or manipulate vectors
>>
File: 1460228641954.jpg (102 KB, 512x960) Image search: [Google]
1460228641954.jpg
102 KB, 512x960
>>70544485
>>
File: dNVvntX.gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
dNVvntX.gif
133 KB, 311x366
>>70544485
>one equals sign
>>
>>70544418
That's funny. Last time I needed to ditch my car is was in Queens.

But I get it. I don't use it to commute to work, and I don't want to. It's just something I have that I can use for whatever purpose, and sometimes it's something other people don't have.
>>
File: 1459745461870.png (311 KB, 652x669) Image search: [Google]
1459745461870.png
311 KB, 652x669
More programming Horror
>>
Is it worth learning to code if you're bad at math?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOFJpsDmKvU
>>
>>70543482
>Looking to be DBA when graduating
>No Jobs
>Go into /prog/riding instead
>First job 45k
>Massive inferiority complex
>6 months later found better job 55k
>1.5 years late find better job 75k
>5 months later realize I'm a terrible human being and should stop taking full time jobs go into contracting @60 dollars an hours W4
>End up teaching C# and developing a massive ego due to working with 20+ year professionals who are terrible at their work

so after a bit over 2 and a half years I was making between 100-110k a year and have been making it since

On a side note this is only because companies don't care about code quality and hire the worst people that will work for pennies. People that are so bad that they make outsourced labor seem fucking god tier. If I were to compare myself with actual competent /prog/riders I'd probably be mediocre to decent.

So after all of that the point of my post. WHY THE FUCK CAN'T PEOPLE CODE EVEN DECENTLY.
It takes no effort at all. Hell current contract we just redid a ton of work and the Full Time employees told me "they don't bother with Separation of Concerns because it's a waste of time". WE SPENT 6 MONTHS REDOING THEIR SHIT BECAUSE OF THAT and their contribution is literally worse than Hitler
>>
>>70540516

Same. I had some hopes when i first browsed g for real recently (im a 2011 fag)

Shits cancer never go there unless you want to jerk about muh linux distro
>>
File: 1450194210987.jpg (1 MB, 1674x1198) Image search: [Google]
1450194210987.jpg
1 MB, 1674x1198
>>70544619
>>
>>70544387
>nice GUI
>Java
It's possible but I fucking hate making GUIs in Java.
>>
File: 1455693871285.png (41 KB, 890x670) Image search: [Google]
1455693871285.png
41 KB, 890x670
a /g/ classic.
This one was real btw
As most of them
>>
>>70544692
I weighed the pros and cons of it. I too like going places occasionally where trains are ass. I have friends in LI where the car would make it easier to get to. But ultimately I feel my car would collect dust in the streets.
>>
>>70542103
C++ is gay and totally unneeded. C was always enough, but too intimidating for the girly men who felt intimidated by it.
>>
>>70544835
Jesus Christ
>>
File: 1450086447663.png (474 KB, 1220x608) Image search: [Google]
1450086447663.png
474 KB, 1220x608
>>
>>70544716
If you're bad at math chances are you'll be bad at coding too.
But you should try.
>>
>>70544946
C is gay and totally unneeded. Assembly was always enough, but too intimidating for the girly men who felt intimidated by it.
>>
>>70544934
That's kind of why I moved to a different state. Folks back home wonder things like, "why doesn't he just take a plane?"

Driving is fun.
>>
>>70544706
Jesus Christ, I've never even written actual code, and the only experience I have with coding is the Wire Expression addon in Garry's Mod, and even I can tell this is horribly wrong.
>>
>>70540020
>fact: pretty much every human besides white males excel at programming. they will be filtered out come review time
??
>>
>>70544037

Pretty much anything that can showcase your ability.

>Developed/Created BlahBlahBlah database/program/whatever

things like that
>>
>>70540400
>>70540516

Yeah /g/ is pretty terrible.
>>
I'm about to graduate in a year, what kind of projects can I make to beef up my resume?
>>
>>70540137

kek
>>
>>70545105
Is this the point where we joke assembly is unneeded and real men use machine code?
>>
>>70544835
This is like something I would have written in my first week of intro to programing.

>Enter a whole number...
>102
>Your number is odd!
>>
>>70544776

I hate making GUIs in general. It's fucking cancer. If I could outsource making a GUI for my project, I would do it in a heartbeat.
>>
>>70545249
yes, then it goes on with DNA, atoms, the universe and so on

>>70545105
Joke's on you, C is totally needed over Assembly since C is portable and ASM never was and never will be.
>>
File: VP of HR.jpg (55 KB, 806x900) Image search: [Google]
VP of HR.jpg
55 KB, 806x900
The infestation by SJWs is a problem but they're being enabled by males who put up with their shit. SJWs are like an incurable STD... they don't go away until death of the host. Best thing to do is when there is the slightest wiff of political correctness, it's time to leave. Companies are able to survive SJW infestations only because there are enough real workers there to carry the load while being shit on. If an SJW infestation lead to a quick death of the company, other companies would notice and stop hiring them. Instead, by the real workers putting up with the crap, what happens is the company gets to do their virtue signaling, the women's studies graduate gets her six figure salary, and the workers get shit all over. The only winning move is to get the hell out and take your talents somewhere else. Start structuring your life to where such job changes are possible. If you've expanded your expense to the point where you can't survive without your paycheck each month, you've fucked yourself... not just because of the risk of SJW infestation in your company but also because the risk of a merger, acquisition, or layoff that leaves you suddenly without income.

Remember, SJWs don't create anything of value, they only destroy value. They can't do that if you and the rest of the value creators don't hang around to be treated like shit.
>>
>>70545220
If it's me giving you the job interview, you'll be fine as long as when you show up you're smart. That's really all it is.
>>
File: 1446362389909.jpg (49 KB, 388x587) Image search: [Google]
1446362389909.jpg
49 KB, 388x587
>>70545249
>2012+4
>Not programming in 1's and 0's
>>
>>70544485
forgot to #include<iostream>
pleeb teir
>>
>>70538315
how did a file hosting company manage to be worth 4 billion $? that's all they do literally, what kind of profit do they make? from big companies? why them then, what's so special about github that all those companies use them? pls explain
>>
>>70545249

This is the point where we tell we don't need no machine code. We just yell at the computer screen until it complies and does what we told it to do.
>>
File: 1456924418148.png (208 KB, 1247x366) Image search: [Google]
1456924418148.png
208 KB, 1247x366
>>70545154
If you are deep into GMOD you should learn LUA, allows you to script shit easily in GMOD.

>>70544037
Write something
There you go.
Go to any programming challenges site and grab one, code it, take another.
Python is a very famous language and pretty well documented, you wont have problems learning it, Casual.

For example, i ma de a little java shitbox that rips Instagram pictures. That is a project.
>>
>>70543336
I agree. The danger of having no connection to our culture and history means they have less respect for our founders, their visions, and important things like the constitution. Our identity just gets eradicated in the process.

You also look at how they vote and their attitudes towards total freedom of speech and the right to bear arms, and it clearly matters less to them than white Americans when you look at the polling.

From what I've seen they make minimal effort to assimilate like you said. I was going for a walk one day and said hello to 3 indian women walking by me, they just completely ignored me and kept talking in their language. They all wear traditional dresses and stare at my cousins who wear shorts in the summer. I've also heard a group of indian kids literally say "let's go play cricket". I mean seriously? You can't even make the effort to play baseball?

It makes me want to move up to the northeast. Maryland, Vermont, new Hampshire are all 95%+ white.
>>
>>70545446
machine code is a patriarchical construct to keep women away from programming
>>
>>70544716
Are we talking all math? How are you at discrete math. That's the one that matters the most. Understand that and you will be fine.
>>
>>70544251
ok faggot, but where to learn fucking haskell, python for example every time I leave my fucking house there is 50 people shoving python tutorials up my ass, nothing about haskell though
>>
File: smug pepe.png (441 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
smug pepe.png
441 KB, 4500x4334
Who /MATLAB/ here?
>>
>>70545118
If I could get a job that required me to work from home developing I would get the fuck out of this city immediately.
>>
>>70545372
No the real problem is programming attracts freaks. Even 10 years ago it was a real freakshow filled with trannies and barely functioning nutcases who seemed on the edge of murderous rampage. I literally knew more tranny programmers than women programmers back then. Trannies, autists, schizos, paedos and other insane people are naturally attracted to programming, nothing you can change about that.
>>
>>70545566

Nobody gives a shit about haskell except turbospergs.
>>
>>70545622
My job requires me to show up to work on time.
>>
>>70544835
Wait, what language is this?
>>
>>70545369
Wait you're the /pol/ock that runs the Witcher studio what's it called again

Also Ada & Scheme > C
>>
File: g4lZ1PF.jpg (49 KB, 552x828) Image search: [Google]
g4lZ1PF.jpg
49 KB, 552x828
>>70545740
>turbospergs

well, I am a turbosperg so I guess it's perfect
>>
>>70545440

Non-secret/critical work can be stored on an external repositry.

>easy to access
>easy to setup
>maintains backups
>can be used as an external backup
>>
>>70545749
looks like C#
>>
>>70545610
fuck off ME scum. matlab interpreted scripts are fucking non programming cancer.
>>
>>70544706
This is either a very smart ass way to get around the limitation or a legitimately retarded one.
>>
>>70545822

Lookin good senpai
>>
>>70545793
>Ada & Scheme > C
yeah, that's why they're totally catching on
>>
File: 1460242012693.jpg (77 KB, 455x715) Image search: [Google]
1460242012693.jpg
77 KB, 455x715
>>70545749
Looks like java or c#
>>
>>70545749
It looks like somebody converted Raptor to some C variant.
>>
>>70545740

That's a weird way to describe "people who excel at anything they decide to do".

Sure though buddy. Your JavaScript node apps are seriously just as valuable as a properly designed Haskell application.
>>
>>70545521
Yes you are right politics wise. Whenever they talk politics it's always supporting Democrats because that means more of them come in. They also are anti 2nd amendment because they fall for propaganda and since as you correctly stated they don't understand what this country is founded on they take it for granted and wan to change it.

What never ceases to amaze me is these shitheads come from 3rd world failure states and the first thing they do when they get here is try to emulate their failed stated as much as possible.
>>
>>70545749
C#
>>
>>70545824
yeah but are they the only ones that do such things? because that's hard to imagine... valuation of 4 billion $ and they got invaded by sjw's, someone post those presentation slides where they say they need to remove white people from management positions at github
>>
>>70545907
ty
>>
>>70544723
Separation of concerns?
>>
>>70545793
Ada sent me a Christmas Card. Not too long after she refused to admit me directly into the high ranks after I explained to the local manager where all the security problems were.

Ada dropped me like a hot rock. And then the C-levels went to federal prison.
>>
>>70545863

cant do math: the post
>>
>>70545863
ME scum?
>>
>>70545891
It is retarded.

int sum = 0;
for(int i=0; i<b; i++){
sum += a;
}
return sum;
>>
>>70545741
gay
>>
>>70545456
>If you are deep into GMOD you should learn LUA
Eh. All I ever did was mess around with contraptions using props. My only actual pastime was sitting in a RolePlay server and occupying a slot to shitpost at people while I built cooler things than they did and never used them. Some of my contraptions were pretty impressive, but since I never learned how to format code in a standard, legible format, it looked like an alien language to others even though it made sense to me.
By the time I started figuring out how to do wild things in the engine I just stopped playing with it.
>>
>>70546079
mechanical engineers.... they thin p code and matlab is real code...
>>
>>70543699
I used to freelance when I was in highschool.
That was a decade ago though.
The field wasn't as saturated as it is today.
>>
>>70542103
There's a lot of shitty stuff about it for sure.
>>
>>70545566

? How to learn a language? Uhh, google it. There's a number of good resources. Free, and paid.
>>
>>70546054
Basically just things doing what they need to and nothing else

You don't put logic in the ui
You don't put behaviors in the base
Things with similar bases inherit from an abstracted base
>>
>>70544671
It has to be a joke
right?
>>
>>70545249
I'm crying
>>
>>70546242
>There's a number

and that number is 4
>>
>>70542103
I don't understand the point in using C or C++ when other languages take care of bullshit like pointers and garbage collection. Isn't it correct in saying the better technology gets the less we will need autistic level control in programs?
>>
>>70546201
Well I'm not a mechanical engineer but a mathematics student and I like MATLAB much better than Python or Java.

I don't build anything though, I just use it for nice plots and solving diffy q's.
>>
>>70544706
>>70546106
Just for shits and giggles, I wonder what the code would look like if one was to restrict themselves to binary operators.
>>
>>70545440
It costs money to manage version control repositories because you need to dedicate IT and machine resources. Some companies are so horribly mismanaged they can't efficiently do that inhouse, so they need a company like github.
>>
>>70546414
Java will get there when it enables programmers to control the garbage collection process. Most of it is not that important.
>>
>>70541401

fp superiority is a forced meme?

i thought asians were supposed to be superior at da maths.

how do you argue against code that enables you to abstract complicated things out to a level that results in even the most useless of diversity hires reaching a level of almost productive?
>>
>>70538096
No, this belongs in /g/ or /biz/
>>
>>70546394
So learn from one of those four resources you dipshit.

Protip: the newest book coming out is the GOAT
>>
>>70546422
It is a great calculator for diff eqs. i have a problem when people start using it for complex programming tasks and wonder why it performs like ass. use pipes have it do math go back to real language as needed.
>>
>>70546414
Because that bullshit eats resources.

And because interpreted languages need a VM to work on.

C++ is hard as tits but it allows you to build the OS you are shitposting on
>>
>>70546414

> What is RAII
>>
>>70546672
What book?
>>
>>70546716
>Because that bullshit eats resources.
Right but that's why I said as technology improves and gets cheaper will efficiency even matter anymore?
>>
>>70546508
Or when it gives us fucking unsigned ints like real languages do.
>>
>>70546023

There are probably other repositories out there. Some of them are just not as popular. Compare Facebook to other soc media for example - why is everyone using Facebook and not something else? Because everyone else is using it/is familiar with it.

There are probably industrial type repositories, that need to be set-up on a private/rented server etc. etc..
>>
>>70546414
>Isn't it correct in saying the better technology gets the less we will need autistic level control in programs?
I'm not a programmer but I've messed around with things enough to know that direct manipulation is always more efficient even if it's autistic.

Nothing irritates me more than using software that I can literally see has way too much shit going on in the background.
>>
>>70546767
SICP
>>
>>70538595
Liberals should be put in concentration camps.
>>
>>70546687
Yeah and the plots look really nice, does MATLAB actually get used in the industry or is it an academics meme?
>>
>>70546837

what is real time operations for ISO safety standards?
>>
>>70546023
A lot of tech companies have ridiculous valuations. Amazon is valued at 800x earnings. Twitter they dont even bother with the P/E ratio. People pour money into these tulip bulbs because they are undisciplined and stupid investors. This is what happens when the US government keeps interest rates too low.
>>
>>70546848
I think sometimes the real problems come from racemixing, like when you try to racemix with other languages and it just doesn't mix in the end.
>>
>>70546767

Try and guess what a BOOK about HASKELL might be called. Which TWO WORDS would you google search in order to find a BOOK about HASKELL? A, I don't know, HASKELL BOOK, is roughly what you're looking for. Don't ask me how to find anything like that, though. I'm new to the Internet :^]
>>
>>70546282
I didn't realise good practice like this had a name. Thought it was just a given.
>>
>>70544485

I think she's subtly trying to tell us that she says "Block." no matter what is tweeted at her.
>>
>>70546923

It gets used rarely as a calculator here and there, but only in R&D type environments. It is pervasive in academics because none of them see the cost of a licence and it is usually the first "programming" they do.
>>
>>70540020
white males fail at programming?

i majored in electrical engineering and have been out of school 3 years now. i suck at this lol. i wish i could do design work but instead i'm stuck in testing.
Sometimes I wish I could go back and major in computer engineering. But back in the early 2000's it seemed that everybody was studying comp. e and i thought there wouldn't be a job for me after graduating from university.
boy was i wrong!
btw, i suck at programming. but i blame my crappy teachers. specifically my community college c++ professor.
>>70541908
i majored in electrical engineering. there were significantly more women in computer science than elec. engr.
i've met several women programmers. maybe because the companies employed 10,000+ employees.
>>70543336
>I mean at least many Mexicans try or get American ideals. I think the religious bond helps with that. These Indians though no
My family is Mexican and come from a Christian (Catholic) background. For the most part, we observe and celebrate all U.S. holidays. I'm an engineer and my boss is Indian. I asked him if I could have the day off on Good Friday and he didn't know what the big deal was. I don't think he even knows what Easter means and he's been living here for 20 years lmao. I didn't get the day off.
>>70543775
>tfw i was about to pick CS degree but chose EE instead
I'm EE but feel the opposite way as u do. Why are u so confident? All the money is in CE/CS
>>70544251
>Haskell
There are no jobs that ask for Haskell except for a handful.
>>70546923
Matlab is used in industry. Mainly, I've seen it used in communications industry (telecom chip companies, government contractors)
>>
>>70546870
Then why use C++? Use assembly.
Their direct memory control is useful but it's not that important in this day and age unless you're writing an engine or something along those lines that really fucking needs performance.
>>
>>70546837

Yes. In many computationally intense programs you need to use "low-level" languages.
>>
if our comp will succeed we will only hire the best when we expand. no fucking niggers or women just for putting diversity on the webpage.

so sick of this shit. want to work with competent people that learn and evolve and don't need me to hold their hands and teach them everything fucking last job lasting 4y was a fucking nightmare from day 1
>>
>>70546875
>SICP

all people say scheme goes witht hat book

>>70546988
http://learnyouahaskell.com/ this one?
>>
>>70538096
/pol/grammer here

i have an offer of 57k + ~12k benefits from USAA
i have an offer of ~ 70k from lockheed martin

should i risk getting laid off for the higher offer?

also a ta ask me anything
>>
File: 1458505685862.png (128 KB, 414x225) Image search: [Google]
1458505685862.png
128 KB, 414x225
>>70546837

Maybe eventually.
But right now if you want power then go for C++.

Fuck, most absed vidya programmers bust their dicks optimizing their code with Lisp or Assembly to make every fucking cycle count.

Now they just shit out the code and let it happen

Naughty dog had a Lisp to assembly compiler that allowed them to Optimize the fuck out of their code.

The shit they pulled out with the PS3 in TloU was amazing, yeah the game was overrated as fuck but the optimization was pretty fucking good.
It disgusts me that they used it to point out the "power of the Cuckstation 3" instead of how you optimize a game when you are a loving dev.
>>
>>70547044
Same here, but you would be amazed at how poorly coded 95% of the software you use is. They do it claiming it is to save time but in the end whenever a change is needed they double or triple the amount of time needed.

It is horrible and everyday I want to walk away and get an actual job, but no one will even look at my resume with less than 7 years of experience and so I suffer.

Hell one interview went
>Well you are the most capable candidate we've interviewed, but we can't justify hiring you to HR due to the lack of experience
SON OF A BITCH
>>
>>70547258
You're underpaid either way.
>>
>>70546414

The "ima freshman in CS" the post

Kek
>>
>>70547258
always go for money. always.
>>
>>70547114

> i suck at programming. but i blame my crappy teachers. specifically my community college c++ professor.

You are a stupid fucking cunt if you think that somebody will teach you how to program. Programming is all about self-learning you fucking idiot. You don't rely on professors to hold your hand. You learn programming yourself, and if you ever get stuck you go on Stack Exchange. Because chances are, the problem that you have has been dealt with by other programmers.
>>
>>70545566
http://learnyouahaskell.com/
you're welcome
>>
>>70547204

http://haskellbook.com

Learn you a Haskell is okay... Haskell book is best in my experience, but it isn't free.

> inb4 corporate shill
>>
>>70546106
If you don't care about the original values, assuming that they're positive integers, you can also.

while(b>1){
a+=a;
b--;
}
return a;
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.