[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American public education is fucked. Just one story among many:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 17
File: 1283619707830s.jpg (6 KB, 251x240) Image search: [Google]
1283619707830s.jpg
6 KB, 251x240
American public education is fucked. Just one story among many:

>teach high school Biology at a trade school
>have one student with an IQ of 70 in my class of mainstream teens
>kid just stares, no matter what I do he won't get engaged in material
>clearly copies his work, clearly has somebody doing his homework for him
>fails every test, but with our grading policy he gets by with a B-
>sit in a meeting with his mother and father
>all of us teachers tell parents that their son needs more support than we can provide
>parents openly admit they do his work for him, just "wanted him to have a future"
>know that he's not college bound but "he's good with his hands"
>we tell the parents that he still needs to get a high school diploma and he just can't cut it
>mother throws a fit and gets a lawyer involved because we are admitting "we cannot support her son educationally"
>school is now requiring us to work double time for this kid
>I now have to provide guides to my guided notes, completed study guides, simplified answer keys, and alternative texts/test questions so this kid can achieve
>he's just one out of 180 students that I teach
>parents got their way
>kid still just stares at the wall and drools all class

Why... just why...?
>>
>>69127543
Should have just let him pass ans move on with your life, that's what teachers in highschool and university all do nowadays
>>
>>69127763
I'm not losing sleep over it, just bothered by it. I was grading papers and reminded of the story.

What sucks most is I've tried to reach out and get him to meet the bar, but he the personality and the stamina of a wet blanket. He's even one of the few students that doesn't stare at his cell phone all the time. He's just that low and incapable.

But, in 2 years, his degree will be worth the same value as our top student. The only thing saving our top kids is that they transcripts and accolades to back themselves up. A diploma literally means nothing these days.
>>
>>69127543
My brother-in-law is a teacher in a hispanic area. He literally has about forty kids who did not show up to a SINGLE class last year; they cut EVERY SINGLE DAY. So he failed them.

This year, he sees that all of their failing grades were changed to a "C-."

Fuck this world, man.
>>
>>69127543
Education system has been fucked for awhile. I feel for teachers man. Especially in the US. Budgets are cut constantly and teachers are forced to work more for less, which is pretty indicative of the entire labor force right now (granted, with some exceptions). And especially the blaming of the school for childrens' failings and not the child them self or their parents.

And the worst part about it almost no-one talks about it. I think Chicago made headlines not too long ago, but that same shit is all over the US.

Is private school any better?
>>
>>69128174
That's bullshit, lawsuits should be taken in place to stop that kind of shit from happening
>>
>>69127543
My fiancé literally works with a class full of special needs children and even they are more excited about their work than the student you described. Don't focus on the one bad egg, think of the other 179 students you are helping build their future.
>>
>>69128174
Not surprised in the least. I've had that happen to me, but it was the opposite end of the spectrum. I gave a wealthy white kid an F and his parents complained, so I had to "find credit" for him per the superintendent. I got sick of fighting it, gave him the D-, and a quarter later the "magically" changed into a C-.

>>69128248
You hit the nail on the head, so I won't get on my soapbox like I often do. I will say you're spot-on with the lack of parenting, however. I have to take on so many responsibilities parents in this country have decided to pass on to the nanny state. I teach high school and there are some days I'm required to provide my teenage students with food. It's ridiculous. We even have a full time MD and dentist on staff, since so many of our students have parents who never schedule appointment. The school just takes care of it for them.

Nobody talks about this shit because nobody has the right answer.

Also, privates are marginally better, but it depends. I worked at a therapeutic private, so we got heavy hitters and fucked up teens with mommy/daddy issues. That was rougher than my current public school job by a long shot. I got paid about $20k less than I get paid now and worked 3x the hours with the expectation that I'd suck it up and like it. Several times I was almost fired from that school for speaking up about having 14h workdays and rules about what I could do with my "off the clock" time.

Conversely, my ex worked for a very established, well-to-do private for politician's kids and it was an amazing experience for her. They paid for her to travel all over, the school had a very strong hierarchy of administrators, and the kids were militant in following all of the codes. I remember she caught a girl with an empty wine bottle once and the girl was expelled, fined, and her family had to contest getting her back in.

At my school, I got a girl smoking a bowl in my class and she got a slap on the wrist with one day in school suspension.
>>
>>69128599
What I remind myself all the time. Thanks, anon.

>>69128439
Unfortunately the law always works against schools because it's easier to blame them than the family.

Our vice principal told us a story about a kid who slapped a teacher that called her "rude" and was arrested for it, but somehow the court battle spun it so that the teacher was at fault and had to get fired. Basically the teacher didn't document every time the student was disruptive or aggressive, so when the court looked at the evidence they said it was clear the teacher "instigated the event" and should have had better judgment given the situation. No evidence the girl was a bitch and she was allowed back into school.

We have to fill out spreadsheets daily of every interaction we have students that could be construed as anything negative, including speaking to them about phone use, catching a uniform violation or tardies to class. Probably why so many of my colleagues just hand out worksheets and clock out.
>>
>>69129145
It's a fucked up world teachers will be replaced by computers and then there will be nothing to complain about. Funny enough being a teacher sucks because for the most part it's something that is based of seniority and not merit.
>>
>>69128599
Yea I'd guess through all the bullshit day to day stuff, whenever you have that one bright student who just is eager to learn and excel, it makes it worth it. But sometimes the bullshit outweighs the good and it's hard to focus on. People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But the few good apples always shine through.
>>
NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND
>>
>>69128248
>Budgets are cut constantly and teachers are forced to work more for less,

this is true to a certain degree, but it's tricky, because unions = tenure and in some districts the budget is strained because lifers are grossly overpaid. something like 40+% of Boston public school teachers are paid 120k a year or more.
>>
I've been teaching for 11 years and no I'm not posting fucking proof, sorry /pol/.

Honestly the worst part about public education is kids who just don't give a fuck. Every class I have 10+ kids (out of 35) who sit on cellphones. I can take them, but it doesn't do jack shit in the end.

They don't pay attention or do work, do poorly, and then the parents yell at me, and the administration also yells at me.

I have no idea what to do. What type of education can I present to make people value education being presented?
>>
I'm scared for my finacee to start teaching. I don't want her to go to a shitty school and get harassed by the "kids"
>>
>>69127543

Many moons ago, school systems failed to deal with retards and problem children, so a bunch of parents got together and screamed, getting Congress to pass IDEA, which is where that shit came from. We all know that what comes out of Congress doesn't always line up with reality.

But yeah, I know quite a few people in the education system, and it is fucked. Your example is just the tip of the iceberg. It's so fucked in so many states that the only option left is for it to collapse so that it can be rebuilt. There is no fixing the current system.
>>
My brother is a teacher in New York, doesn't take any shit. Had the New York State Education Commissioner in his classroom a week or two ago.

Good lord is that man based. Truly my idol.
>>
Standard liberal doctrine: better to have everybody fail than to have not everybody succeed.
>>
Sorry to hear it teacherbro, idiots are the worst and shitbag pushover administrators make it worse. Honestly I'd just give him a C- in everything so that he passes and you don't have to hear about it again.
>>
>>69127543
so fucking what? just barely passs him on everything and let him fuck his own shit up when needs to do actually important exams
>>
>>69129744
Put a camera in the classroom, on your desk (or in that general area) pointed directly at the class. Tell nobody. Then engage the hell out of the class.

Show the parents of the students who never stopped twittering pictures of their penises to each other.
>>
>>69129744
In my high school teachers could take phones away, students couldn't do shit since it was their fault anyway.
>>
>>69129145
>>69129744

I can take the demographics of a school and generally predict how well that school is going to do. Correlations between performance and demographics tend to range from .79 to .87, depending on whether it is elementary, middle or high school. What that means is that 60% or more of how well a school will do is outside of the teachers' and administrators' hands. It is the background (read: culture or sub-culture) of the students and their parents that is the biggest driver.

FYI, the biggest two indicators by themselves are poverty and minority status. People like to blame it on one or the other, but both are important. It cannot be stressed enough that it boils down to culture.
>>
>>69127543
It's true, unfortunately. I teach college students and some of them who get accepted can barely write sentences, much less paragraphs or form arguments. The funding of schools in the US is all wrong and is undemocratic. Schools should be funded from state-level money with no favoritism to wealthy neighborhoods at the expense of poor ones. The US should be the best educated country in the world, but it's a very long way from being that. It has the very best universities, but selfishness has prevented the US from sharing educational advantage across the whole population. It's true too that it's very hard to fail in the US. Students are taught to see themselves as customers who are buying a product, when really they're just trying to learn and show they can reach a minimum standard of competence (which often they don't). It's almost impossible to fail students who submit their work and fulfill the basic requirements for a class. I blame the wealthiest fraction of US society for keeping their wealth to themselves, even though it came from the hard work of others.
>>
This is for you OP, hope you at least have a laugh about it. And don't get me wrong, I go to one of the most expensive Universities in the city and I'm fucking furious because although there are some pretty fucking great teachers, some of them just put a shitty powerpoint presentation and make us read it the whole class. I'm paying $50 a class just so some asshole puts slides.

http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DWqw527ivrQE&ved=0ahUKEwi2np7qgOTLAhVK52MKHds_AcMQyCkIGjAA&usg=AFQjCNGwA6KzUCiDAvDB5S6frlvtWI1DVQ&sig2=9VNQt1MACH4y2rWkBZb1aw
>>
teachers are scum who just blew all the jocks and gave them good grades for being on the niggaball team and gave me none of the accomodations they gave them

had to sprint across school to get to study hall and marked late for missing the bell by 2 seconds but football chad could do whatever he wanted and the cuck teacher still gave them as and bs

fuck teachers
>>
>>69132126
Jose, I was wondering where you were during 2nd period today. Did you finish your homework? I sent a few reminders over google!
>>
>>69132126
Natural selection, cuck
>>
>>69132441
I'm blond and white

I always showed up to class and was in 6 aps jr year

all the bullying from jocks and niggers and getting assfucked by teachers like you who wanted to be best pals with chad quarterback
made me suicidal and drop out of school even though I was poised to do great

fuck you
>>
>>69132795
>blaming others for your failure
lmao, good one cuck
>>
>>69130692
>muh culsha
IQ is 75% heritable.
>>
>>69127543
>>69128015

boring. share some story about best student you ever had
>>
>>69128015
maybe someone will hire that retard, maybe not, but if he is able to do the job he is required and doesn't get fired over some stupid shit I'm pretty sure a top student wouldn't want his job anyways.
>>
>>69127543
Is the same here. It started being like that in the late 90's/early 2000's.
>>
>>69127543
I was a pretty stupid child, would get F's throughout highschool, when I decided I wanted a future I buckled down and now I get solid B's in college.

Sometimes you just can't teach kids, they have to motivate themselves.
>>
>>69128599
So special education will be just call education in 5 years? amazing.
>>
>>69129545
Society will only downgrade until eugenics is instilled to rid of the useless like that kid OP describes.
>>
>>69130692

duh.

>>69132960
you can have an IQ of 150 but if you just dick around on your phone all day, that kid with an IQ of 100 who was engaged + motivated will still end up making bank while you flip burgers like a bitch.
>>
I'm not a teacher but in my second year of university in California. I've got some I retesting stories (having attended elementary--sophomore year in Hs in New Jersey) about students and teachers alike, if anyone wants to hear them.
>>
This is called INCLUSION. UN heavily pushes this and just recently we have accepted this also.

The arguments for it were 100% from the before 1989, i.e., only OUR WAY is the RIGHT WAY, You HAVE TO, there are no other options, etc.
>>
File: 1458329593123.jpg (29 KB, 316x533) Image search: [Google]
1458329593123.jpg
29 KB, 316x533
>>69127543
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
>>
Statistics prove educators have the lowest IQ by degree category, even less so than farmers.
The education system is partly broken due to legislation, and partly broken because we have retards teaching retards.

http://qz.com/334926/your-college-major-is-a-pretty-good-indication-of-how-smart-you-are/
You get no sympathy for me, chances are you were just like that kid when you were in highschool.
>>
>>69132795
>Drops out of school cause you're a weak cuck
>What is GED?
Or even better you could have kicked those guys asses so everyone feared you.
>>
File: 1443334651070.jpg (11 KB, 228x216) Image search: [Google]
1443334651070.jpg
11 KB, 228x216
>>69134019
I'm listening
>>
>>69134250
The vast majority of people who aspire to be educators are women, so it's not really surprising.
>>
>OP is a teacher
>browses 4chan

this is why our public education system sucks
>>
>>69134576
True.

Things I was taught by female educators in elementary school:

Vowels: A, E, I, O, U, Sometimes Y, and W.

One teacher fancied herself a "witch", had broomsticks all over her classroom and would only teach in rhymes, I can't remember a single thing she taught, the whole thing was ridiculous even as a child.

I also remember a few of my teachers preaching about the important of race mixing so that everyone would eventually be grey skinned and we could do away with borders.
>>
>>69131424
I feel like that's a fake link. Its "Unusual Traffic."
>>
>>69134952
>Sometimes W.
What the fuck school did you go to?
>>
>>69135225
It is true though. Y and W can be classified as vowels, but only in like Welsh.

I was watching some foreign movie and when the credits rolled there were multiple names that utilized W and Y as vowels.

I guess I went to a progressive liberal school, because a lot of the teachers held personal agendas for multiculturalism.
>>
>>69135397
I...I'm so sorry, I was going to shitpost about you, but I can't bring myself to after hearing about your shitty school.
>>
>>69134459
My schooling in New Jersey was much different than in California. To begin with the majority of students were indian (as in poo in loo), then Pakistani (they hated the Indians and vice versa), then whites, then Hispanics (all 20 of them), then blacks (of whom in all my time there I met 9).

First of all, white-washed Indians are fairly bro-tier. Most kg the ones at my school were intelligent and kind. Although some of them turned their noses at beef, only a very small minority were in any way militant. The blacks and Hispanics on the other hand were awful. That's some backstory

Grade 6: the worst hispanic (call him Ryan) and his wigger friend (Eric) we're among the most disruptive kids in the school. Eric fought three teachers that year and received a 1 week out of school suspension each time (twice he was caught seeking loose cigarettes for his brother outside of the school). Ryan dealt drugs (very small quantities of weed, wasn't prevalent in my town), both of them had pictures on the wall for being "model students." Both of them were in advanced courses (gifted and talented program with me) and never scared lower than an 80% on an exam, despite not knowing where China or Germany was on a map or (my personal favorite) thinking it was acceptable to end sentences with a colon because "it's a stronger period yo."
>>
>>69135924
I also wasn't taught the order of the months, how many days were in each months, any geography whatsoever or anything about any presidents except for Lincoln(and when Lincoln was brought up it was always directly related to how amazing he was for freeing the slaves).

Had to teach myself all of that shit AFTER HIGHSCHOOL(Out of fear that it may get brought up in college, which none of it ever did), is that astonishing or what? I graduated highschool without knowing the order of the months.

Florida educational system, not even once.

On the bright side I intend to eventually write a book about how bad the shit was.
>>
>>69135397

Welshfag here.

The fuck is someone in America doing teaching Americans about the Welsh language? I mean shit, the majority of kids in Wales don't even get taught Welsh on a semi-regular basis, and we are the ones supposed to be proud of it!

If they really wanted you to learn a pointless, dying language, they could teach you Latin; at least that has some cultural/historical relevance!

Rant over, I'll go back to my sheep now.
>>
>>69127543
http://www.wittyfeed.com/story/17277/this-is-the-most-enraging-math-problem-going-viral-on-the-internet-right-now-
>>
>>69136324
>If they really wanted you to learn a pointless, dying language, they could teach you Latin; at least that has some cultural/historical relevance!
They did force a lot of Spanish onto us, but in Florida, or the USA as a whole for the most part now, it is quite relevant. Sad really.
>>
>>69127543
Lefties, anon. My wife teaches elementary school and she runs into the same garbage.
>>
>>69127543
Seems like bad parenting.
>>
Middle school teacher here. Ask me anything. I'm finishing the year apathetic as fuck after working my ass off to help my students only to make zero difference as they all have bum fuck parents.

I'm going full substitute teacher mode and getting 80% of my current pay for 20% of the daily work and zero after school work.
>>
>>69136092
>Both of them were in advanced courses (gifted and talented program with me) and never scared lower than an 80% on an exam, despite not knowing where China or Germany was on a map or (my personal favorite) thinking it was acceptable to end sentences with a colon because "it's a stronger period yo."
Shit's the same in California. In my Honors English class, I had to proofread my classmates essays and give critique and shit. It was laughable. They had no grasp of the English language at all. Practically every other word was either misspelled or incorrectly used. The structure was atrocious. Keep in mind, my school was predominantly Hispanic. It's sad how that was an HONORS class. Also, not to brag or anything, but I knew more math than the math teachers themselves. Shit school
>>
>>69136092
>be me, Spaniard and Italian (I still say I'm white)
>honor roll student, gifted and talented, etc.
>Ryan and Eric ask to cheat off my test.
>tell them no, don't want to get caught
>throw Bitch fit, threaten to jump me after school
>played football, confident
>tell them to Fuck off
>after school fight Ryan, win
>Eric runs
>Next day, threatened to be kicked out of school for "inviting racial violence" and "refusing to help students less fortunate than me."
> grandma (parents out picture, she raised me) raises hell
>kicked out of GnT but allowed in school
>>
What happens to these kids that are borderline illiterate? How do they function in modern society?
>>
>>69137471
If I was in that situation I would've just snitched right then and there on the test and told them that they're cheating off me.
>>
>>69137568
They end up in Jail, usually.
>>
File: 1437728882219.png (567 KB, 783x876) Image search: [Google]
1437728882219.png
567 KB, 783x876
>>69137568
>>
File: mujica.jpg (30 KB, 317x255) Image search: [Google]
mujica.jpg
30 KB, 317x255
>>69127543

daily reminder you should homeschool your kids until 8th grade and send them to catholic high school, make sure they play sports and go to church so they socialize
>>
>>69137398
Man I proofread my classmates work here in college and I mark up the later more than the damn professor. Essays that have use "like my opinion is" or have the word "stuff" or are just written in broken English piss me off. I understand some students aren't primarily English speakers, but I wouldn't attend a university in Japan without being damn good at japanese. American English courses are a joke, it's a liberal feelings hugbox that discourages writing in actual English. I had a professor fail my essay because it was "too empirical", it was an essay on the pros and construction of Keynesian economics.
>>
>>69137888
Homeschooling kids stunts their social growth. it's fine if they're involved in other, out of school activities with children in their age group, but if they're not they're fucked.
>>
>>69137888
>Catholic School.

Some of the biggest degenerates and progressives I know went to Catholic School. DO NOT send your kids to Catholic School.
>>
>>69138033
One of my professors seriously told us that ebonics is a legitimate variation of the English language and should be accepted instead of discouraged.
>>
>>69138194
>Went to a public school that shared a fence with a private catholic school
>Catholic kids sold drugs through the fence during lunch breaks

I learned that kids are scum regardless of their economic status.
>>
>>69138194
Depends on the school. I went and while there were definitely some progressives, there were also some pretty conservative people. Of course it was an all guy catholic school, our rival school (which was co ed) was a fucking mess. Our sister school was also a mix though strange enough.
>>
File: 1445239301475.jpg (32 KB, 605x146) Image search: [Google]
1445239301475.jpg
32 KB, 605x146
>>69138033
>"like my opinion is"
>mfw
You have no idea. It might be some millennial thing, but they always wrote about themselves. Once, we had to write about food and our culture or something like that, and the girl's paper literally had a paragraph dedicated to how beautiful she was. Also, her last paragraph started with
> In conclusion,
kek
>>
>>69137471
Grade 7
>decide to participate in annual "poetry slam"
>write three poems (minimum entry is two)
>two free verse, one with an ABAB rhyme scheme
>Ryan enters as well
>submits one poem titled "Growin in the hood"
>it's 12 lines of how hard it is growing up in the local streets
>87% rich poo in loos, rest is middle class or better
>it's written in Ebonics and Spanglish
>He wins
>Reads his poem during morning announcements to "inspire students to do better"
> I came in last place (I wasn't allowed to read my second or third poem)
>complained to principal (head judge)
>she said my poetry was "too narrow-minded and non inclusive" and that I should not "use such complicated language" because it's offensive to "non native English speakers"
>>
Really, im doing very shit in school and no one gives a fuck. Teachers dont even care, I have no one besides friends to help. My test grades and projects keep me okay but homework is just so useless.
>>
File: 1447658114119.jpg (34 KB, 320x405) Image search: [Google]
1447658114119.jpg
34 KB, 320x405
>>69138836
>>she said my poetry was "too narrow-minded and non inclusive" and that I should not "use such complicated language" because it's offensive to "non native English speakers"
>>
>>69127543
>>mother throws a fit and gets a lawyer involved because we are admitting "we cannot support her son educationally"
>>school is now requiring us to work double time for this kid
>>I now have to provide guides to my guided notes, completed study guides, simplified answer keys, and alternative texts/test questions so this kid can ac

well you should of though about scenarios like this before you began your teaching career , you can't expect everyone to be intelligent and gobble all that information you serve them , who know maybe the kid is actually smart and is not interested in what youre saying , i mean i can relate because i hated school simply because most teachers who I had were INCAPABLE of teaching in a manner that makes Learning FUN , so if you don't like it find another job and quit complaining, that wont get you anywhere.
>>
>>69137888
These trips are shit
>>
>All these teachers advocating for more state control and bureaucracy to fix problems created by state control and bureaucracy.

School systems are a joke and will be looked on in the future as incredibly primitive and ineffective. You show me a school run like a business without state intervention and I'll show you successful people coming out the other side.
>>
>>69139185
FUCK YOU!

Life is not fun and the purpose of learning is not fun you god damn little child.

I celebrate your failure.
>>
>>69127543
No Child Left Behind. So they all get dragged down together.
>>
This is not at all a surprise.

Remember that trial down in south Texas where that spic tried to become mayor and could not even speak English?

During the trail her defense was that the graduated high school, she graduated fucking high school without being able to speak English.
>>
>>69138836
Grade 8
>black kid transfers from Camden
>name is Isaiah
>prototypical nigger, every stereotype personified
>swore at teachers, groped females, fought everyone else
>got suspended after fighting him at lunch
>he stabbed me with a pencil, drew blood
>he a gud boy
>3 months into semester
>tries to Fuck a coal burner under the bleachers after school
>she runs
>he chases her down the street and beast her with his belt (uses the metal part)
>broke her arm
>he originally was suspended for 1 month but after the threat of lawsuits he was suspended
>he still appeared in the yearbook under "friendly faces"
>>
My mother teaches middle school and I help her grade sometimes and holy shit
>grading essay where children have to make a recipe
>get to some girl with a ghetto ass name, can't remember what it was
>it's fine until I notice something
>pour the eggs into the bowel
>into the bowel
>bowel.
I also remember some girl who had a name spelled vaginae. I'm not joking.
>>
File: 1451617361732.png (93 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1451617361732.png
93 KB, 645x773
>Socialists complain for free school
>All this shit happens
>nobody listened to the Economists
>>
File: lisa_shocked.png (165 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
lisa_shocked.png
165 KB, 500x377
>>69137471
>not helping lazy scum cheat on tests is now "refusing to help students less fortunate than you"
>>
>>69138033
>too empirical

What the fuck, thats a good thing
>>
>>69132126
Lol, what a pathetic faggot.
>>
>be a little shitter in high school
>english teacher was also our chemistry teacher
>showed up in every english class and got an A
>showed up to about 20% of chemsitry classes
>still got a B in chem because the teacher liked me

Fucking hell, and some of my friends who attended every single one of those classes ended up with a C.
>>
What do teachers think about students who clearly know the material and are interested, but whose spelling and grammar is atrocious? I've always been curious about this.
>>
>>69130732
>blame the rich
Sigh... your attitude is so fucking tired.
>>
>>69139838
The irony of the situation is I came from broken home, my grandmother raised me (my grandfather passed away in grade 7). We lived off of social security, his pension, and their savings. But because I looked white everyone was less fortunate than me.

>>69139614
Grade 10
>try out for football team
>every black at the school is on it
>make varsity
>black team captain not a fan (he was a reciever) named Tyrese
>calls me a "faggot cracka"
>tell him I'll crush him on the field and to get out of my face
>challenges me at king if the hill
>steam roll him ( I was pretty big, 5'8 175, now I'm 6'2 197)
>he runs to the coach and says I called him a nigger on the way down
>claims I threatened to "lynch his nigger ass"
>he eventually confesses after witnesses give testimony
>he loses captain spot
>3 weeks later gets arrested for possession of narcotics
>never officially cut from team because coach can't "discriminate against race or socio-economics issues"
>>
>>69127543
Education is a hard game. It sounds to me like your school doesn't have a proper set-up for kids that need an IEP.
>>
>>69140993
I wish I could use that the next time a kid gets expelled for eating a poptart into a gun.
Because surely, a drug possession (felony)? is as deep rooted in nigger culture as poptarts are in white suburbia, right? So you can't discriminate against the next white school shooter?
>>
>>69132960
25% can be the difference between average and a retard.
>>
>>69128248
I would say virtual school would be better it has shown that home school and virtual school proven to be better for children. http://www.ronpaulcurriculum.com/
>>
>>69127543
I found out just yesterday that three of my good friends failed their way through middle school and high school. I remember being scared shitless at being held back because I hated school so I always aced everything. Anyways, we were talking yesterday about some kid who had gotten straight Fs and Ds all through high school yet still passed. My friends weren't surprised at this and told me that they had never gotten a higher grade than a D and failed all their classes though out school and were never held back or reprimanded for it.

I was flabbergasted.
>>
>>69142179
In my good old home town of Minneapolis, they now have a completely different set of disciplinary rules for black students. They do not suspend or expel them, but instead tolerate their monkeyshines as 'cultural' and force the rest of the students and the teachers to simply suck it up and deal with all the hooting, hollering, dope slanging, finger fucking, and everything else. The Somali boys are ghetto-rat wannabes, the Somali girls are strange creatures devoid of sense or reason, who attack, bite, and scratch each others faces in attempts to disfigure. They will call the cops if the black kids start fighting and let them handle it, most of them have been arrested dozens of times by the time they "graduate" at the age of about 20 with what's known as a modified diploma, which in ACTUALITY is just a piece of paper that says it took you fourteen years to achieve a third grade education.

This is just a formalization of earlier arrangements to 'take it easy' on the black kids so they wouldn't get kicked out (in MN 3 suspensions in one year and you're out used to be the universal rule) by the end of the first month of school.

My mom's a teacher in an alternative program there and my good friend's mom is a high up in the Minnesota Department of Education. The amount of bullshit that's been rammed through is shocking.

My wife and I moved away from the Midwest and now are in a remote rural area in the Pacific Northwest and we don't have any of the issues in our schools that you're facing in a more enriched area.
>>
>>69143600
How does that even work legally, though? I've heard about that, but... If I went and beat the shit out of someone on the street, I'd go to jail for a a long time. How do they get around the legal consequences? I'd sue the fuck out of everybody every time that happened
>>
>>69146032
>How do they get around the legal consequences?

They don't, these kids go to jail or juvie or whatever.

>I'd sue the fuck out of everybody every time that happened

Well when you enroll your kids in school you're making the school their legal guardian and it's pretty much impossible to sue them and win. This is why you don't send your kids to public schools if you're in a culturally enriched area.
>>
>>69127543
1 kid out of 180 isn't bad. Tell us about the awesome ones. I hope they help you get through the day
>>
>>69147286
Thank God I live in Wyoming.

The schools just aren't going to get better, are they?
America is fucked in ten years, the damage is done. We've got most of a generation taught to be retards, by retards.
Any way around it, do you think?
>>
None of you retards have bothered voting your school boards out, I'd wager. Do you even know their names? Can you even come up with a strong argument to not abolish the board that doesn't involve the paired municipal government being permitted to be corrupt by voters? And don't give me the "mug Mexicans" argument, we know my people don't vote.
>>
>>69149557
>Thank God I live in Wyoming.

Love Wyoming, we had a ranch up there for a long time but sold it to Uncle Sam. It was between Cody and Red Lodge.

>The schools just aren't going to get better, are they?

Well open enrollment (aka bussing aka sending the kids from the ghetto into the schools in the burbs) has been a total failure everywhere it's been tried. The idea was to get a couple of the brightest inner city kids into better schools where they would thrive. It seemed to work to some degree, probably because you had only one of these kids for every hundred normal suburban kids. So they cranked it up to max and bussed every kid they could, and it caused huge problems which precipitated the need for cops in schools, and now that the ghetto dwellers could hang with each other at school as well as in the hood their grades cratered. Somehow nobody figured out that we should end such a retarded scheme though, so we still bus kids in like crazy.

>America is fucked in ten years, the damage is done. We've got most of a generation taught to be retards, by retards.

Nah that's just in the fucking big cities and urban corridors and shit places like that. We'll be fine out in the country.

>Any way around it, do you think?

White flight, it's what we did. Now we live in a 97% white county and nothing exciting ever happens here which is how we like it. You'll probably be fine in Wyoming.
>>
>IQ of 70

That he definition of clinically retarded.

If here were in most EU countries the guy would just get a disability check and maybe be employed stacking shelves part time.
>>
File: 1458777349131.jpg (129 KB, 853x561) Image search: [Google]
1458777349131.jpg
129 KB, 853x561
>>69149957
An addendum, how will you find school improvements? Surely you know you can't have your cake (better schools) and eat it too (instantaneously better schools). Will you raise taxes? Will you pay out of your pocket? Will you attend meetings? Will you volunteer? Will your kids volunteer to teach other kids, or will you be vainglorious? Do you even know what that means?

All I know is there's a guy who owns this gun shop in Florida (who ships cheap stuff to California) who wanted to vote for Republicans because he was denied admission consideration to their state University because his high school was shit that didn't even equate as a GED. He knew why his school was shit, but he didn't know how it got that way. It must be everyone but people like Trump, he says (I'm paraphrasing, you retards). So I ask him where he wants to move, and he says anywhere but here. I ask him what all his family and their neighbors from back home think, and they are all Trump, and mostly vote homogeneously, and have done so for at least a couple of generations.

So then I ask him why they didn't improve the high school when they had the chance. He's like "well, the local government XYZ oh shit," and he admits it's, irrespective of Republicans or Democrats, the stupid folks back home who didn't even know jack shit to begin with, so Bush (No Child Left Behind is about all you retards are aware of), who his parents voted for, probably was an awful idea, and Trump is stupider. So then he uses Google-fu with wildcards and shit I don't know about and is like "what the fuck."

At the end of the day, even if you vote, if you have no idea what you are voting for, or if you are unwilling to experience discomfort yourself, your fucked. Think of it in terms of solar panels. You look for 300W panels like I just was, go all "$380 damn, I'll just go with the $270 ones", but it ain't until you remember Chinese scams you pick the $380 ones.

I hope I provided some food for thought.
>>
>>69127543
Why of why would you even stick your neck out for this piece of shit? Let him pass, then proceed to fail at everything else he will inevitably face in life. Fixed!
>>
File: 1384521189651.jpg (25 KB, 456x502) Image search: [Google]
1384521189651.jpg
25 KB, 456x502
>>69150716
mfw the average IQ in most African nations ranges between 60-70
>>
>>69150301
Well, I live in Buffalo, so I figure the apocalypse will pass us by. But I don't want to just give up our cities either, we can't let these goddamn retards establish the precedent that it's possible to undermine us by targeting education. Seems too widespread to do anything about though, outside of some major happening.
>>
>>69127543
It's the same way around here I remember my HS experience correctly. I hear they're not even correcting SPaG in the lower grades anymore. Sometimes, I run into my old teachers. I always ask "Can they read yet?" The answer is always "no," or "barely."
>>
>>69149957
Considering very few people here have kids, I have no idea who is on the school board.

>>69152084
Are you really equating Trump to Bush?
>>
>>69150716
>>69152144
Is this why you let Muslims walk around doing nothing?
>>
>>69153191
No, I am equating a herd mentality as providing a false sense of political-social-economic-education security. This is not tribalism, I think that's the wrong word since tribalism lends itself to mercantilist networks. Um. Putting the blinders on one's own eyes, maybe?
>>
>>69153318
I was about to ask you the same thing about niggers.
>>
>>69134952
When the fuck was W a vowel?
>>
>>69127543
Welcome to the modern American education system; where everyone deserves a trophy and there is no such thing as failing since no one can be left behind. Plus, with modern American education pushing for everyone to goto college, they can get that student debt money.
>>
>>69136324
>occasionally y and "w" being a vowel
>Welsh
Yeah, that does make sense now
>>
High School is bullshit anyways. I used to ace every single exam, but never did any homework because fuck that, and ended up failing a bunch of times as a result. I dropped out and got a GED right away, then went to college.

Fuck high school.
>>
>>69153602
...yes, actually. I think after ww2 everyone decided it would be easier to take care of retards, rather than line them up in ditches.
>>
>>69153543
I don't think we can fix such things until we rebuild our culture from the start.

I don't agree with Trump but I think he is needed to get some real change in the world. What we have now doesn't work.
>>
>>69127543
>Why... just why...?
Because you are an idiot that didn't chose your words carefully enough.

I hope you learned your lesson. Now go teach that potato how photosynthesis work. Maybe he at least can make some money on growing weed.
>>
>>69127763
>that's what teachers in highschool and university all do nowadays

Getting tenure means everything at a university in the US. Since college is now about user satisfaction (aka, getting the snowflakes happy), the evaluations count a lot toward tenure (and I mean, A LOT).

As such, you have professors who openly catch cheaters, plagiarism, and so forth and ust let it go because otherwise the student will get mad and give them a shit review, this can sink their job (seen it happen). Added to that, the higher-ups will almost always take the side of the student when plagiarism and cheating is found (gotta keep their student loans here). It isnt even worth your time to try and fight it per what the student handbook says.
>>
>>69153191
For school boards, it is not hard, there are usually four or five members. A story you might like, here's an example of obvious corruption:

What the paper does not mention is that this person and his wife also:
1. Wanted special and extremely expensive preferential treatment for their daughter in math (I'm self-taught and know that was billshit).
2. Forced out the hardest-working school administrator after only two years. He's also almost one of the only Mexicans in the district's high echelon, finally said "fuck it this is impossible " and moved North to greener and more intelligent pastures.

In this district's voting population, Mexicans do not fucking vote. Which is a personal fault of every Mexican, informed voter or not. But, from the story, my attitude among the /voting/ and /wealthy/ population (but I'm not wealthy...) is clearly in the overwhelming minority.

Lompoc is actually an excellent source of corruption research data, and unlike Florida, it's Democrat.

Story:
Google "lompoc record board conflict of interest"
Other story:
Google "lompoc record city Council election 2015" where the council nominated an outsider to fill a council seat that would have gone either to a white woman or black man, both outside the old boys' club. The Hispanic on the city council is also a piece of shit iirc.
>>
>>69135062
Got the same here.
>>
>>69129744
Depending on the state, your funding and job can be decided based on the results of standardized tests. That means the kids who do nothing and dont care will tank you even if you are the best teacher ever.
>>
These stories must be out in east bumfuck somewhere in the southern U.S. Here in Massachusetts, that shit doesn't happen. They never gave a fuck about failing us if we didn't do our work. In fact, we could only miss like 6 days of class throughout the entire school year, or else we got an automatic failing grade for the whole semester.

Maybe stop you school systems from being shit?
>>
File: zetsuen_no_tempest_18.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zetsuen_no_tempest_18.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
>>69154833
If more interested in white people acting like a solar panel is the devil, water is the devil, or wind turbines be Devils (ignoring low-frequency acoustics), see our wonderful versions of 4chan:

Google:
"noozhawk" (this is the funniest)
"central coast news"

I live in literal lala land. I wouldn't be surprised if this is what Japan would feel like, no crime here either.

This is what a region with a regarded education system really looks like. Each municipality is democrat xor Republican. Every municipality has a shit education system. Every municipality is also home to the most advanced facilities in hydroponics, or aerodynamics, or bioengineering or solar system-scale photonic research and engineering (Kickstarter textbook, forgot the guy's name) and so on. It boggles my mind how such a confluence of retardation and intelligence can be steady. Actually, it doesn't.
>>
>>69128015
Exactly.

No one cares about your diploma except that you have it.
>>
File: boeing_x_37b.jpg (145 KB, 1800x1276) Image search: [Google]
boeing_x_37b.jpg
145 KB, 1800x1276
>>69155728
Well, the MA fellows I met in college were retarded. I insist you are doing it wrong.

On the other hand, the wife of the dead ex-mayor told a native kid he was a retard, when he was a literal medical retard, and used him as the punching bag in her special ed class, then got praised for it while a lawsuit was brewing, so we aren't any better.

This same locality flies these regularly.

<anime face of frustration here>
>>
>>69156252
People in general may be pretty retarded, but it is not debatable that the MA school system is objectively one of the best in the country.
>>
>>69134952
>>69135225
>>69135225
Im 32, and when I was in K through elementary school, the whole system was fucked like that. we got taught the ABCs out of order, the days or the week out of order, they MADE us use what they called "creative spelling" and "creative math". Its no wonder by the time I reached high school, even a good chunk of the good white kids could barely read. Also by that time a D- was considered a passing grade. Half my graduating class in high school passed with a D+ or below. They were also starting to do away with the entire grading by letters system, replacing it with a confusing mess of check marks, lines, pluses, Xs and an S.
>>
>>69127543
>parents openly admit they do his work for him

This shit needs to stop and the only way it will happen is if the parents get severely punishment.
>>
File: America fuck yeah.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
America fuck yeah.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>69130047
>IDEA

Who has seen their billboards?

>1% success rate for college prep

Parents literally send their kids there expecting a future.
>>
>>69157499
>is if the parents get severely punishment.

I recently did a state-wide judging on history projects. One of the other judges (retired teacher and very accomplished academic) was complaining to me that too many of the students did the projects on their own and it appears the parents didnt "help" them.

She also told me during lunch that she "corrected" her sons's school papers all through school (though his senior year she "only edited" them because he needed to learn work on his own). Dude went to Stanford because of his mom's work!
>>
>>69156528
How do you integrate outside things into the public school system, or what does the system dynamics of education look like?

I I mean, in my view Public education should try to integrate the best of many worlds, ie a Catholic school has one way of instilling ethics in k-8/9, a Presbyterian one another, various charters yet others, all with varying parental and community involvement, so does the state define one almighty guide like in CA, or is it like some little states where no one single design document stipulates such a large chunk of curriculum?

I've recently thought that it would be better for the public school system to be small/scrapped here, a bunch of charters and religious schools thrown up, and the public system slowly reconstituted from best practices sort of as a grounds for research by educators. Well, you can tell these are still immature thoughts.
>>
>>69158248
My parents put me through design reviews for everything I wrote (and engineered). It was awful but I learned quite a bit of soft skills that complemented good English and history teachers. What that history teacher said seems retarded, though I can imagine a highly educated parent having a different concept of "design review" than what my family had.
>>
By the way, when did /pol/ get user ID numbers?
>>
File: 200.gif (272 KB, 260x200) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
272 KB, 260x200
>>69127543
Is Milhouse the best meme??
>>
File: beyond mad.jpg (45 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
beyond mad.jpg
45 KB, 620x465
>>69158248
>Dude went to Stanford because of his mom's work!
>>
>>69127543
>Why?

Because your school district's lawyer is a fucking pussy or totally incompetent. You're required to give kids a "free, appropriate public education" not a free ride. It must be a sweet gig to sit back and get paid on retainer while capitulating to the onerous demands of retarded parents.
>>
>>69128015
He won't survive in college. Once the parents realize he can't handle it, they'll pull him out and let another student take his place.
>>
>>69127543
Education at every level of America is fucked
If it's not the public schools who will pass vegetables it's the universities who have become over bloated bureaucracies with an increasingly anti-intellectual academic culture

The worst part is
No one is doing anything about it
Hopefully when the university system crashes we'll see some changes at that level but public schools are still
>>
>>69134576

I live with a primary school teacher. She's absolutely fucking gorgeous but dumb as a bag of hammers.

She literally hasn't figured out how to use the dishwasher in the 7 months she's lived here.
She's perfect for teaching 6 year olds though. Just smart enough to understand the material and yet dumb enough to fill out all the mounds of paper work every night and still smile about it.
That's all primary teaching seems to mean these days: filling out paperwork and behavioural reports ad infinitum.
>>
I used to stare too at class, I simply didn't care about what the teachers were saying, just like this kid. One day I downloaded photoshop and started doing shit, and realized I was going to become a graphic designer.

Maybe this kid just needs to find something.
>>
>>69143583
You were blind to the reality of it all. 32anon here again. The best thing that happened to me was second year of highschool, one of our teachers flat out told us, day one, not to worry if we didnt do a single piece of homework or pass a single test in ANY of the classes. They were only worth roughly 8% of our entire grade every year. The mid term and final exams were the rest of our grade. So I did just that, fucked off the rest of the three years for most classes, no homework, studied the night before or even the morning of most tests, and same for the exams.

Passed with around a B+ average. THREE YEARS OF HIGH SCHOOL like this.
>>
>>69160428
Can't do that where I'm teaching. No single grade can account for more than 10% of your pre-final exam grade.
>>
>>69152893
You have to fight it.
>>
>>69130411
This is illegal. Enjoy getting sacked.
>>
>>69159871
Where do you get this optimism from? Don't you think this has all been planned? A dumb populace is an easily swayed populace.
>>
>>69160763
But let me guess, mid and finals are still 50%+ of the total grade, right? What about just the regular tests, no homework? Study the morning of each test (knowledge retention is great), pass those, dont do any homework, study the morning of midterm and final, pass those.

Do you still pass school?
>>
>>69161105
What optimism?
Universities will bounce back (once student loans crash that is)

Public schools are going to continue to circle the drain though
>>
>>69129744
>Every class I have 10+ kids (out of 35) who sit on cellphones. I can take them, but it doesn't do jack shit in the end.
Phones should go into box for a class every time.
>>
>>69132795
Little cuck; Let me share a story with you.

Once upon a time, I was a struggling student in middle and high school. The school is full of every color of the rainbow, from crackers to niggers; from fence jumpers to calculators.

Now, I was a little different from the rest of my students. I was an autistic weirdo; went to resources for help and everything else. I was socially awkward, and you may well know; Middle schoolers can't comprehend the aspect of someone being a bit different.

I was picked on, called names, outcasted, just about 70% of the school was against me. They teased me with girls, they tattle on me every time I step out just an inch out of line (He cussed? We better tell a teacher). Some of those teachers were prejudice against me when the higher ups informed them of my autism. The principal holds a very special place in my heart, a place where I fantasize of slowly killing anyone in after I stick all those legal papers up their butts until it oozes out of their mouths.

Being a little cuck that you are, you probably would have dropped out, and maybe even kill yourself concerning the circumstances... But not me.

Eventually, I began to outperform some of these students; slowly weaning myself from special help until I go there for an extra recess to study. I graduated with not a GED, but with a diploma.

Of course, I could have blamed those pricks for making my life there close to Hell, but what's the point of blaming anyone? I was performing so well that they were FORCED to accept me, heck, the students and the teachers there began to like me... Even look up to me.
>>
>>69161906
You sound like a little bitch trying to prove himself on the internet desu
It's kind of cringey
>>
>>69159592
>once the parents realize

They're more likely to hire a lawyer to point out that the uni isn't doing all it can to give their kid an education.

When threatened with expulsion, they'll point out that it's really problematic that a kid with low IQ has difficulty coping with course material. You're enforcing a negative stereotype and hurting his feelings.
>>
>>69134250
Well yeah. If these people were actually any good at their subject area they would be doing something other than teaching it. The only exceptions are at universities, where lecturers are often actually working in their field alongside teaching and are actively trying to make names for themselves.
>>
>>69161563
Finals are 20%, which is set by the state. You could make "Tests" one of your grading categories and weight it at 50% of the pre-final grade as long as you gave at least 5 tests of the same point value over the course of the semester.
>>
>>69137568
They don't. They get on the welfare system.
>>
>>69136216
I still get a bit muddled with number of days on months and the only way i remember month numbers is by repeating the months, in order, in a specific rythm, in my head. I didn't know how to fully tell the time using analogue until I was about 16. For my first job, I had to take a test for the interview. I got 29/30, the one I got wrong was asking which month had only 28 days.

But I remember learning shit loads about ancient egyptians and romans and greeks in primary school.
>>
>>69132795
Someone has to dig ditches and flip burgers anon
>>
>>69128015
>I'm not losing sleep over it

Well, you're losing extra time which you could use to sleep so in a way, you sort of are.
>>
File: 1453157244474.jpg (105 KB, 960x626) Image search: [Google]
1453157244474.jpg
105 KB, 960x626
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO_xh7xIabk
sent to an autism class at grade 3 because i was to lazy to read and was 2 grade levels below average, during break time i install this game with permission and play it both at home and at school for 4 months straight just straight up cheating the game so i can listen to the tech tree and took a test giving putting me 2 grade levels above my current grade. then teachers take away game and show it to my mom saying its to political for a young boy, i laugh during the meeting asking them what was my current reading levels are at and when i brought the game over, there faces when it correlates, week later and another test i am recommended for AP English but decline due to a metric shit tone of reading thats required but i was still pissed i couldn't play it at school, moral of the story is teach a kid morality and ethics and hell have an instrest in learning to better himself, sadly a philisoly class is utterly devoid of such teaching instead its a cop out for English class that uses more big words than your class mates
>>
>>69127543
>Teaching high school biology
Why do you hate yourself, anon?
>>
>>69127543
I don't understand the problem, if you want socialized education, which you do because you are a commie cuck, then this is the result

Doesn't everyone have a "right" to an education in the commie/socialist worldview?

Maybe now you have a reason to vote Republican and bring the profit motive back to all the socialized sectors of the economy.

Bitch.
>>
>>69129744
Say nigger right in the middle of teaching, that'll get their attention.
>>
>>69158958
No millhouse is not a meme
>>
>>69127543
When I was in young I couldn't comprehend math but could do everything else I got lucky that I had a good special education teacher helping me out. I understand that it's not something someone admits but without her help I wouldn't have been able to graduate school I still struggle with non basic math but I ended up just becoming a welder. Just make sure to help the students that actually try.
>>
>>69127763
This don't attempt to lift all the children just let them float by and focus on that one kid who might actually have a future.
Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.