[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My understanding is that Mexicans are essentially a melting pot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 23
My understanding is that Mexicans are essentially a melting pot of Native Americans and European (mostly Spanish?) settlers. How was the Mexican ethnic identity form to be so homogenous? Is Native American "nationalism" a thing in Mexico?

What about other countries in the Americas? Is Brazil and Argentina anything like Mexico in terms of genetic mix?
>>
>>70329435

Brazil has alot of blacks due to slavery and little mixing with the locals.

Spaniards completely mixed with the local population.

Argentina wiped out the locals.
>>
>>70329435
Don't forget African slaves
Mexico had those too

Brazil had the most though
>>
Mexicans are technically eurasians but don't let me interrupt the circlejerk among the armchair geneticists on /pol/
>>
>>70329435
There is no native American nationalism and Mexivans are not entirely homogenous. Northern Mexico is white and agrarian. The only real city in Northern Mexico is Monterey. The rest of northern Mexico is just full of hicks. Its like a giant West Virginia without the meth.

Central Mexico is "metropolitan" Mexico. They hate the rest of the country.

Southern Mexico is full of natives that have lost their culture and keep getting fucked over by the government.

The east coast has a carribean culture. Its more like the northern coast of colombia or puerto rico than it is like the rest of mexico.

The western coast around Sinaloa is like the Sicily of mexico. This is where narco culture comes from. These people have no respect for public institutions and are pretty degenerate.

The California Peninsula is pretty based though. I plan on retiring there.
>>
>>70329435
It's not so homogenous, if you look at Mexico region by region or even state by state there are a lot of differences in dress, cultural identity, and food. Native American nationalism isn't a thing because natives still exist, and they're all dirt poor alcoholics for the most part.
>>
>>70331088
>implying Nayarit and Jalisco are anywhere near as bad as Sinaloa

I wouldn't say Sinaloa represents the west coast.
>>
>>70330597
Mexicans killed most niggers.
>>
Don't Oaxacans speak kind of a different dialogue and have a bit of a different culture?

Are there any remnants of Aztec and Mayan culture in Mexico or significant numbers of people who identify explicitly as part of native groups?
>>
>>70329435
They took Spanish traditions and addapted them to their own enviroment, if it wasnt because of the drugs and all the shit, they would have a pretty cool place.
>>
>>70331513
Mexico has 33 official languages I think. But most of those languages are dying.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Mexico
>>
>>70331346
Id consider Nayarit Southern "native" mexico and Jalisco central "metropolitan" Mexico. Guadalajara is probably the only city I'd live in outside of the Californias. Monterey is a rich city and ok but its pretty much a cookie cutter North American city so its not worth moving out of the US over. Guadalajara at least has some culture.
>>
Mostly the south is full of mixed whites and Indians but now they keep moving to the north
>>
File: laughingmexican.jpg (20 KB, 340x203) Image search: [Google]
laughingmexican.jpg
20 KB, 340x203
>>70329435
Nations in the Western Hemisphere don't really identify with a certain ethnicity. Our entire national identity is based around the nation and the culture, rather than race. Mexicans aren't a homogeneous group and the shade of brown differs wildly. You'll hear a lot about "white Hispanic" as white people from Latin America, or "non-white Hispanic" for shitskins from Latin America. America is like that too, to a certain extent. Europe will become that within the next 40 years.
>>
>>70331513
There are remnants of Mayan peoples in southern mexico and the yuccatan penninsula.
>>
>>70331706
Mexico was fine until the criollos destroyed the country in a spam of 30 years after their independence. I still think that they will become a relevant country in the future.
>>
>>70331829

As explained here, Mexican culture is regional/national, much like US culture.

Mexico, around the turn of the 20th century, we're big about getting over Spanish culture and racial castes, and instead have great amounts of national and regional pride.

Hell, some regions are more German than Spanish in culture.
>>
Mexico was ruined after Porfirio Diaz was overthrown in 1911
>>
Look at all those mexicans replying.
Wait, why are the flags american?
>>
>>70332057
Mexico was ruined long before that. Mexico lost the upper hand in NA when it should have been the dominant power due to poor administration by the criollos and the huge debts from the war of independence.
>>
>>70332043
Which parts are more German than Spanish? Just curious.
>>
>>70332300
VIVA LA AZTLAN JAJAJAJJAJAJJAJAJJAJAJA
>>
File: idealworld.jpg (161 KB, 752x1084) Image search: [Google]
idealworld.jpg
161 KB, 752x1084
>>70332419
There's German communities around Pennsylvania, small parts of Texas, the Mid-west, etc. They still speak German and practice German culture. In the Mid-West, most of them are Amish who live without technology.
>>
>>70332596
Inch'Allah
>>
>>70332676
Didnt most Germans abandoned there culture because they fear discrimination due to Germanophobia after both World wars? I thought that it was pretty much death,eventhough it is supposed to be the biggest ethnic background in the US.
>>
>>70329435
Thats what happens when nobody gives a fuck about their racial heritage.

A collective massive group of ugly low performers that all look exactly the same with a nation of mixed values allowing none to dominate
>>
>>70329783

Uruguay did a better job of wiping out the locals than Argentina but yeah pretty much on point on everything else.
>>
>>70332419

Norteno culture is basically german.

The music is polka and waltz based.

The people are more protestant than other regions of Mexico.

German sausage and pastries are standard fare.

the thing most people forget is that German Lutherans fled to Mexico en masse when the civil war began, because they did not want to fight for the confederacy.
>>
>>70333001

There's a lot of German Amish in Ohio. Near Akron towns like Berlin.
>>
>>70332300
Because our region of the Americas got taken over by the US during the 19th century (thank god).
>>
File: ns dog nazi.png (401 KB, 587x566) Image search: [Google]
ns dog nazi.png
401 KB, 587x566
>>70332676
>>
>>70333296

There's also a community of French in Mexico City, Mexico was once part of the French Empire. As well as a small community of Poles for whatever reason.

Some of the best Polish food I've eaten was in Mexico City.
>>
>>70332419
Northern Mexico is full of Amish and Anabaptist communities. Culturally, the north is heavily influence by some german culture. The food, the music etc. But genetically its mostly Iberian, mestizo, and native.
>>
>>70333001
To some extent, yes. A lot of them took up Anglicanized names and made a strong effort to learn English. These communities are very isolated. It's about an hour drive to some of the German villages outside Dallas, Texas in a modern car, for example. My guess is a lot of these mobs could not ravage these Germans because of the second amendment and all that. Strength in numbers, after all.

And Germanophobia is overblown regardless. It's mostly used by leftists to say, "Hurdur, even the Germans were persecuted once just like the Muslims are now!".

Most Germans have no real distinct cultural background because German culture has been so well integrated into American culture. Hotdogs and hamburgers are staple American foods, for example.
>>
>>70329435
Its not limited to mexicans, pretty much most central and south american countries are a mix of several things. Spics are still racist as fuck amongst themselves though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM8gkKlqor4
>>
>>70329435
>Is Native American "nationalism" a thing in Mexico?
yeah and they're treated worse than niggers are because they act like niggers
>>
>>70333832
So the northern parts have a german influence. Didnt know about that,eventhough I had a Mexican friend with german ancestry.
>>
Yucatan is the place to be right now. Theres a good chance of it becoming a space port in the near future. The cities are developing at increaing rates, and are mostly safe. There are beaches all around, good food, ancient mayan ruins and qt girls. Theres already a bunch of retired gringos gentrifying meridas downtown, people welcome them because they give old houses a makeover with their money
>>
>>70333981
Yeah,I know that,but I read that it was common to speak German in some cities and to teach German to kids before WWI. Maybe it was just bullshit.
>>
>>70334195
>space port in the near future.
Sauce? I am intrigued.
>>
File: juarez and maximilian.png (668 KB, 750x2324) Image search: [Google]
juarez and maximilian.png
668 KB, 750x2324
>>
>>70334276
Actually yes, that's true. Pretty rare, but true. Mostly happened in places like Milwaukee that were very German. The push for assimilation really only kicked into gear after the war.
>>
>>70333121
Uruguay is like 10% black tho.
>>
>>70329435
>White/Light Mexican
European descended with probably some native blood
>Brown Mexican
Azteca as fuck
>Black Mexican
African descended
>Asian Mexican
Sugoi Desu-ne, Wey!
>>
>>70334143
Mexico was ruled by Austrian Emperor Maximillian. Lots of germans immigrated during that time. Otto Von Bismark and Porfirio Diaz also established a lot of German colonies in Mexico before the revolution.
>>
>>70334658
Do you think that German would be a official language or something if the process of integration didnt happen? Or German would have just died out even if there was no push for it.
>>
>>70334837
I didnt know that. Pretty cool.
>>
>>70334365
There are several recent articles that state that the mexican space agency is looking to build its own space port after the failure of launch of mexsat last tear by a russian company, if Im not mistaken. Yucatan is on the shortlist because of its proximity to florida and it already has a factory that produces spaceship parts
>>
>>70329435
>How was the Mexican ethnic identity form to be so homogenous? Is Native American "nationalism" a thing in Mexico?

Nope, we have a pretty clear national identity, and almost everyone is patriotic, even our leftists (aka >mexican intellectuals) are pretty nationalist, especially when foreigners attack us. Unlike North American/Canadian injuns, ours don't have separate "nations".
>>
Oh on the subject of Asian Mexicans.

When the United States passed anti-Chinese immigration statutes, a lot of Chinese people actually subverted detention at Angel Island/immigration officials by going to Mexico or Canada and then illegally crossing the border.

Does anybody know if any significant number of those people stayed in Mexico?
>>
>>70331088
>northern Mexico is white
""""""""""""""""White""""""""""""""""
>>
>>70335054
I didnt know that Mexico had a space programme. I knew that the aerospace sector is big and is growing there ,but I didnt know that Mexico had its own space agency.
>>
>>70335129

no

recently monterrey saw massive south korean immigration due to the opening of a Kia plant but asians are pretty much non existent here
>>
File: America yes.jpg (34 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
America yes.jpg
34 KB, 620x413
>>70329435
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Raza_C%C3%B3smica

We is cosmic now, family. We children of God the Almighty Lord of Light. Don't let da joos divide and conquer like they did to Europe. Pan-American Catholic Nationalism now.
>>
>>70334908

Germans were no longer considered ethnic after the civil war, because Germans were well-known for being very active in the abolitionist movement, and thus, became extremely influential in mainstream American culture.
>>
File: stack_front-326x245.jpg (23 KB, 326x245) Image search: [Google]
stack_front-326x245.jpg
23 KB, 326x245
>>70335333

its literally nothing yet, give it a few years

just wish they gave the satellites better names, this shit sounds retarded to non mexicans
>>
File: 1402680407408.png (155 KB, 494x461) Image search: [Google]
1402680407408.png
155 KB, 494x461
>>70329435
>How was the Mexican ethnic identity form to be so homogenous? Is Native American "nationalism" a thing in Mexico?

This may come as a surprise, but there really isn't much of an ethnic identity within the country. There is no effort from people to properly identify themselves as Irish-Mexican or Half-MEstizo/Half-Apache or whatever. Racial politics is not really a priority. Native American minorities do keep close to their cultural ties, but they are not very prominent in the political or media scene. Native American "nationalism" is not a thing. It used to be centuries ago, but it was literally killed off.

Basically, we Mexicans divide ourselves by socio-economical class not by racial identities.
>>
>>70335129
We have a huge influx of Chinese in here Chihuahua. It also happened some time ago with Japanese immigrants. Is not uncommon to find people with Japanese surnames here.
>>
>>70335556
But is it just for putting satellites in orbit,or Mexico wants to go to Mars and such?
>>
>>70336092

I met someone from Sonora (or Sinaloa? I forget) last year. I asked her about Sonoran cuisine and she sheepishly said that I basically already know it: Chinese food. She basically said that the influence of Chinese immigrants through time made it the local food. Can you confirm this?
>>
File: jonah hill_cut it out.gif (2 MB, 320x233) Image search: [Google]
jonah hill_cut it out.gif
2 MB, 320x233
>>70336219
>or Mexico wants to go to Mars and such?

Nah. Baby steps, Spanon, baby steps.
>>
>>70329435
Sub 90 average iq for South Americans and Mexicans
>>
>>70336437
I dont know. After seeing that India wants to be the leader in space exploration I can believe anything.
>>
>>70336014
Actually, that's exactly what I'm saying. Mexico seems pretty ethnically homogenous to me, despite admixtures from plenty sources. It's fascinating, even if the country hasn't had much success in much else so far.
>>
>>70336557

You're right. I was surprised by that too. I believe India has higher poverty levels than us, maybe? And yet they're investing all those call-center monies into space.
>>
>>70333296
Conjuntos are polka?
>>
>>70336623

Funny enough, only liberal countries care about that shit
>>
>>70334064
Isn't funny how are we incredibly racists among us but become outraged when illegal inmigrant gets BTFO in the USA?
>>
>>70336732
They are 1 billion people I guess,but I cant understand them having a space program.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 663x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 663x499
>>70333510
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 1450x816) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 1450x816
>>70334195
My parents just bought a hostel in San Miguel de Allende. Im thinking of retiring either there or San Cristobal de las Casas.
>>
>>70336623
>pretty ethnically homogenous

Eeeeh, I wouldn't call it that. I'm just telling you that we don't really have a racial identity and that we mostly judge and divide ourselves by how rich you are, but we still value light skin, blue eyes, you know "european looks". A very dark skinned person might be derided for it, an east asian person mocked, etc, etc.

If you are looking for "pretty ethnically homogenous" then look to Japan.
>>
>>70336557
How will they poo in space?
>>
>>70329783
>Brazil has alot of blacks due to slavery and little mixing with the locals.
what the fugg, that's wrong
the portuguese basically stuck their dick into anything with a pulse down here
everyone is some kinda shade of brown made of indians/slaves/portuguese/later immigrants all mixed together
>>
>>70331088
We get the southern Natives though. Why can't the white mexicans come here.
>>
>>70337865

We have jobs
>>
>>70337716
DESIGNATED
>>
>>70337865

Oh no, you get the impoverished rural people from all over the country.

The rest of us do go, but for tourism, shopping and educational purposes. Look for us at Disneyland, malls and campuses.
>>
File: 1413090052327.jpg (42 KB, 330x318) Image search: [Google]
1413090052327.jpg
42 KB, 330x318
>>70329435
lots of mexican intellectuals here
>>
>>70337340
gotta watch those gringos in san miguel, they might pull another Texas on us
>>70334195
Yucatan is going to become acapulco 2.0, once a place turns rich it attract low tier mexicans and it turns into a shithole
Juarez, Acapulco, monterrey etc
>>
>>70336867

Hilariously, it is so translatable, that tejano and conjunto bands tour in Germany and other Germanic places annually at folk festivals to massive audiences.
>>
>>70335556
>MASA
>Mexican Aero Space Program
>>
>>70337719
Not really...only 43%~ percent of the population is pardo
>>
>>70339639
Shit, i retarded with the double percent, oh well...
>>
>>70338033
What he said. Mexico looks like a really nice place to live.

Sadly the United States government wants to make the poor as comfy as possible, so we will keep attracting the peasants from everywhere for the easy life.
>>
File: alejandro-gonzalez-i.jpg (31 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
alejandro-gonzalez-i.jpg
31 KB, 680x478
>>70338410
the strereotype of a mexican is a dark brown indio who drinks all day and eat tacos. you white mexicans should really change that stereotype by removing indio. our liberals are actually declaring guy in pic as non-white just because he is mexican. dude is pure euro genes.
>>
>>70336732
The thing is that despite India's poverty, the nation still has a lot of wealth, considered that it's the 7th largest in the world by nominal GDP.

The government can afford to have expensive space programs that a lot of other nations would most definitely not have the money for.
>>
>>70337865
Because the weather is nice and theyre not poor fags
>>
>>70341490
>our liberals are actually declaring guy in pic as non-white just because he is mexican.

We don't particularly care. Also, that's funny because he's the least euro from the "Three Amigos". >>70335427
>>
>>70341732
>GDP=Wealth

Nigga what are u doin?
>>
File: carne.jpg (35 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
carne.jpg
35 KB, 400x266
>>70336357
Friendo, the people of Sonora are not going to stop eating carne asada, tacos or burritos ever. It is the best beef in Mexico. Dem tacos de tripitas. Chinese food is cheap and not as good than carne asada.
>>
>>70341490
>dude is pure euro genes.

kek
>>
Somebody outta have that screencap that talks about how the music and stuff comes from European immigrants. I know it had a picture Mexican mouse attached to it.
>>
>>70336219
>>70336437
At least we have our own space simulators (´・ω・`)
>>
>>70342162
I think this is the hardest part for a gringo to understand. "We don't really care".

Not till i started living in the US was i ever asked about my exact ethnic makeup, but people here will be very proud of having 0.7% german ancestry or 1.4% italian blood, it's definitely an american thing.
>>
>>70331030
You're technically a faggot so kill yourself.
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (29 KB, 525x481) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
29 KB, 525x481
>>70343570
>carne asada
>>
File: avion_mexicano-movil.jpg (76 KB, 800x535) Image search: [Google]
avion_mexicano-movil.jpg
76 KB, 800x535
>>70335556
Also we airplane now.

https://youtu.be/zkLrC4KcGeg
https://youtu.be/JY5Fr5OwKLw
>>
>>70344858
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnh3GpRDMa0&nohtml5=False
>>
>>70336357

>carne asada
>chinese

As retarded as this is, I can still only imagine why you'd ever think a woman said something correct
>>
>>70344479
Not an argument.
>>
>>70344858

LOL
>>
File: Brazilian drivers.jpg (101 KB, 628x378) Image search: [Google]
Brazilian drivers.jpg
101 KB, 628x378
How come all the Brazilian F1 drivers are white?

Is there a racial divide in the country?
>>
>>70345207

Its because the only competition in the country is black, they cant stop stealing the cars.
>>
>>70345207
Yes just like in the usa , there are a bunch of whites (about 35% if population)in Brazil that are almost full european.
>>
>>70345207
They are mainly in the south of the country a.k.a as the rich part of the country
>>
>>70334195
>people welcome them because they give old houses a makeover with their money

and this is what makes you different from blacks.. they would probably shout whitey be stealin our houses! while they are collapsing in shit.
>>
What's Central America supposed to be?
>>
>>70330597
The subsaharan african admixture is minimal, restricted to some parts in the coast (Veracruz, Guerrero) and almost non-existent everywhere else.

>>70337574
pretty much this, nobody knows shit about their ancestry. Even the guys who declare that their great-grandfather was german/spanish/italian often get mocked for trying to boast about something that irrelevant.

But we definitely don't see physical features as race related. In my family I have some really dark skinned cousins and some fair-skinned blue-eyed ones and it's not like we are from different races, it's just not an issue.

>>70334195
but the weather sucks, way too humid and hot. Stiil beautiful place with nice people
>>
File: family tree.png (457 KB, 1600x960) Image search: [Google]
family tree.png
457 KB, 1600x960
I'm Mexican and Croatian and my Mexican cousins usually just say they're white I mean they look mixed but they have disdain for non mixed native indinas ;)
>>
>>70331030
>"native americans are basically Chinese"
fuck off, shill.

Nignog slave blood is prevalent among "latinos" as well.
>>
We sports car nao.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPqxPVhz1AA&nohtml5=False
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKBGcQfp1DI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63k0RUlfAxs&nohtml5=False
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA0pD20FuCw&nohtml5=False
>>
File: hitler senpai.jpg (59 KB, 513x510) Image search: [Google]
hitler senpai.jpg
59 KB, 513x510
>>70346909
I had a genealogy test and i'm 0.2 percent East African
WOW I'M DA BIGGEST NIGGY IN DA WURLD
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.