[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How redpilled is Warhammer 40k?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: space-marines.jpg (143 KB, 1600x896) Image search: [Google]
space-marines.jpg
143 KB, 1600x896
How redpilled is Warhammer 40k?
>>
>>70240440
No
>>
>>70240440
Maybe
>>
I don't know
>>
CAN YOU REPEAT THE QUESTION
>>
>>70240440
Heresy to even ask
>>
YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW
>>
>>70240440
Better not tell you now
>>
>>70240440

The Emperor is red pilled as fuck, but the entire empire is a bunch of edgy stormfags.
>>
>>70240440
I plead the fifth
>>
>>70242340
Made me kek more than it should have
>>
>>70240440
Potentially
>>
What would happen to 40k if Disney bought out GW?
>>
>>70242340
YOUR NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

and ur nuts are big
>>
>>70242632
for you
>>
>>70242293
You're not the boss of me now!
>>
File: FB_IMG_1446084657413.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1446084657413.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>>70240440
>>
The most redpilled.

Xenophobia is a virtue. Anyone who has a tumour is killed, anyone different is considered a liability. The universe has billions of different races, each with varying levels of intelligence ranging from higher to lower than humans, and the last thing you want to do is consider these creatures your equal, or deserving of pity or trust.

The leaders are hundreds to thousands of years old, their intelligence is beyond comprehension and their tactics nigh unstumpable. It isn't some popularity system where the fuqboy with the tightest hair gets into office, it's based on how many planets you've conquered and how many years you've served.

Failure isn't dealt with often because failure has a 100.99% fatality rate. If this doesn't bring out the best humanity has to offer than nothing will.
>>
File: Empire_beauty.jpg (36 KB, 510x640) Image search: [Google]
Empire_beauty.jpg
36 KB, 510x640
>>70242591
dear God Emperor no
>>
You're not the boss of me now
>>
Whats with the "you're not the boss of me now" shit in this thread? How is it 40k related?
>>
>>70243285
AND YOU'RE NOT SO BIG
>>
>>70243285
Malcom in the middle them song. It's not related at all
>>
>>70242896
Except in recent years G fucking Dub has hone full retard with the story changing the Emperors modus oporendi to start a diolouge between the space commie weebs being the Tau and the shittiest chapter Ultramarines. Personally I wouldnt care about race mixing or getting rid of the xenophobia but at least let it progress the fucking story and do it with the Eldar, they at least look human unlike the subhuman Tau.
>>
File: 1459454575096.png (456 KB, 568x568) Image search: [Google]
1459454575096.png
456 KB, 568x568
It's based on the schizophrenic christian religion with all it's hierarchies and the good and evil meme. w40k is a merchant brainwash fantasy game for kids at best. Obey the Emperor and all the master-slave relationship. It's a positive reinforcement midia tool for humanity.
>>
>fantasy shit
blue pill smoothie
>>
>>70240440
Very. Everything is shit, nobody is even remotely a `good guy' , the beginning of the story with the Empra, Horus, and the rest of his sons is a glorious excercise in bitter irony, and every well meant action leads to horrible catastrophy.
>>
>>70240440
it's a game, games are for pussies, manlets and basements dwellers.
>>
>>70243653
Like it or not, but Tau is only race in whk4 has actually any future ahead of them.

They are still advancing their tech and given some time they might even find a way to deal with Tyranid threat.
>>
>>70240440

It is satire. Limey fiction writers create a setting that justifies totalitarian theocracy, /pol/ gets a stiff.
>>
>>70243841
Aren't you already a basement dwelling pussy with the cartels going mideavel on your population?
>>
>>70244370
no, we are roleplaying mad max, shit beign so fly.
>>
>>70243841
>implying 4chan isn't a video game
>>
File: a59eb0dc27ec333c287b6cabd0d32219.jpg (332 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
a59eb0dc27ec333c287b6cabd0d32219.jpg
332 KB, 1920x1080
>>70240440
>Only men strong enough to survive transformation process to become space marines
>God emperor embodies male virtues of honor, strength and courage.
>Chapters are structured so that the strongest lead.
>Hummanity strives for complete order in the universe, anything outside of this order is considered heresy.
>The emperor of mankind is the ultimate male rolemodel that all humans stride to live up to.
>loyalty, honor, tradition, strength and courage are the most important virtues.
>Hummanity strives for a great purpose, individualism and special snowflakes can fuck off.

The imperium of man is everything pol wants.
>>
>>70243841
Aren't you already a basement dwelling pussy with the cartels going mideavel on your population?
>>
>>70243653

Grant the Eldar a handful of planets to develop and colonise and guarantee their "independence" in exchange for becoming a self-governing vassal of Imperium and sharing certain technologies with humanity. They gain homeworlds to call their own and the Imperium would gain a technologically advanced ally.

I know it'd never happen, because using alien tech is utterly heretical and there's too much distrust between the species, but still it'd be cool to see how it played out
>>
>>70245114
"Only a madman deals with the alien. Only a fool relies on the alien. Only the dead have trusted the alien, although the last may be deluded into claiming that they yet live."
— Lord Militant Tarkus Hol in his memoirs, Observations on the Inevitability of War"
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Xenos

All xenos wish to do is abuse and undermine humans, same as our goals. There can be no "uneasy alliance". Eldar kill humans on sight and vice versa
>>
>>70245402
But... I want to fuck hot space elf bitches.
>>
>>70240440
Someone needs to paint a bunch of Dark Angels as KKK. That would make their Psykers (enemy takes test on 3d6 make more sense.) Stats: On 3d6 the most frequent roll is 10. Which means that many who lose combat to the Dark Angels run away. Just like the Klan scares the Bajesus out of society long after it has faded into obscurity.
>>
File: kwsata.png (80 KB, 440x400) Image search: [Google]
kwsata.png
80 KB, 440x400
>>70244040
Well thats not the plot device they are going to serve. If the Imperium removed the memorandum on alien tech they would have skimmer lemun ruses with lance type battle canons and void shields. Naw dawg the plot devive they are alluding too is immunity from warp influence ie a chosen people in the godforsaken hellhole. Thank and if the shadow in the warp that the navigators see has any relationship to the size of the Tyranids to comei think all of the races would have to come under the command of a reborn Emperor but who knows when GW will actually progress the story
>>
is it better than normal (medieval) warhammer?
>>
>>70243653
>Except in recent years G fucking Dub has hone full retard with the story changing the Emperors modus oporendi to start a diolouge between the space commie weebs being the Tau and the shittiest chapter Ultramarines
You fucking what?
Firstly the god-emperor has no modus operandi in 40k, he's near death sitting on the golden throne holding back a second tear in the warp. The high lords of terra run the imperium now, not the emperor.

And the imperium is not friendly with the tau at all. Hell, they just realsed two campaign books centered around the tau and imperium fighting which ended with the imperium setting fire to the entire region of space that made up the third sphere of expansion.

Why the hell would you lie about a toy soldiers game on a mongolian cave painting forum?
>>
File: Kyubey.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kyubey.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>70242703
You're not the boss of me now and you're not so big!!!
>>
>>70245643
It's edgier. And more overthetop to the extreme. If it has any overlap with another setting. 40k does it bigger, louder, and darker.

Like the picture of a star destroyer from Star Wars in this thread compared to a battle barge in 40k.

A billion lives are next to nothing in 40k, and losing a planet is better than losing a star system.

If you use psychic energy, you're probably going to be killed outright unless you were 'lucky' enough to be kidnapped, brainwashed, and nearly killed in training to become a space marine. And when you become a space marine, you're in the shit every day for the next hundred or more years unless you're killed early. And if you've played the table top, you have a 1 in 3 chance of surviving a skirmish. And that's the space marines. Unlike the untold trillions of average schmuks in the imperial guard.
>>
>>70243285
Holy shit you must be like 11 years old.
>>
It's the most right-wing mainstream sci-fi I'm aware of, by a large margin.

There is no 'good guy' by any stretch of the imagination. Every race is fighting to secure their own future and nobody gives a shit if that means fucking up someone elses.

Nationalism, zealous belief, racial pride, and racial purity are the highest virtues basically all races, and any attempt to change people's natural inclinations is doom to catastrophic failure.

I've never seen a shitskin in a GW store, and
despite the amount of money required to play it, I don't think I've ever seen a hipster-looking faggot in one either.

It may be unproductive entertainment intended to suck as much money out of you as possible, but better a young boy absorb this than anything a kike would like to shove into his mind.
>>
>>70243285
Jesus, how young are you?
>>
>>70246273
>Imperium of Man
>not the good guys

xeno filth sympathizer
>>
>>70244802
>The imperium of man is everything pol wants.
Except it is inherently infected by Chaos corruption and because of thatn Imperium is half rotten corpse like Emperor himself. Well it is pretty redpilled actually. Power comes with the price. Everyone paid this price. Human, Eldar, Necron (though they bought back their souls with lore change).
>>
>>70246273
Fuck I know, even the video games are wallet devourers.

The full emperors collection of dawn of war on steam is literal 150$
And I can't find a solid torrent anywhere.

It's very unforgiving for any mainstream digesters because there is no "objective" beginners start to enter the series, the best you can do is enter the wiki and look for what armour or name sounds the coolest to you and that can take days of just skimming races to factions to individual chapters.

And every faction has its own memes which is amazing. Some really do deserve it, I want more deathkorps of krieg fan shit.

It certainly would raise a redpilled child if you have them 40k as a series to read.
>>
>>70246663
>implying imperium of man isn't just a cuck version of tyranids
>not being a nigh elemental force that simply does everything the other races do, but better
>not being so intrinsically warp powerful that the arrival of a hive fleet disrupts the warp so bad daemons can't even enter the area
When all you hear is hunger, hunger, hunger, hunger are ten million decibels every second of every minute of every hour, you're basically every race but not honest like the nids.
>>
>>70246663
From an objective point of view, they aren't good guys at all or really any different from the other races.
The only reason you feel they are the good guys is because you are human.
>>
in the future, there is only race war
>>
>>70246804
Dawn of War 2 goes on sale like twice a month. Sometimes massively.

And ignore the jerkoffs that complain it's not like the first one. They're both great. The sequel was actually the only other multiplayer rts out there that was worth playing versus Starcraft 2. Just all around badass.
>>
>>70246998
>only align with them because you are human
So should I align with tigers in africa because we're all basically the same anyway? Of course humans align with humans. All the other species would consume/subjugate/eradicate us.
>>
>>70247328
For avarge imperium citzian subjugation by tau wouldn't be such bad thing.

They woudl be treated better than under imperium rule.
>>
>>70247203
There are so many dlc packages, it's confusing me as I don't know where to begin. I feel like I could fuck up and get a shitty dlc and lose 20 bucks on every mistake.

Are the dlc worth it? Are they necessary? CAN I AT LEAST PLAY MY SANGUINIS AND BLOOD ANGEL CHAPTER BROTHERS??
>>
File: 1419593339534.jpg (427 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1419593339534.jpg
427 KB, 1920x1080
>>70246025
Did I say the Imperium no I said the Marines and yes in the allies matrix of either thid addition of the rules or the last the Tau and Marines could be Battle Brothers. Either read the fluff or play the game before. Posting m8
>>
File: World_Eaters.jpg (505 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
World_Eaters.jpg
505 KB, 1400x1050
>>70240440
>How redpilled is Warhammer 40k?

88/14

Basicaly is the narration of what would happen if several sentient species met up and had the technology to wipe out planets, coupled by over-the-top fiction.

I still enjoy reading the novels
>>
40k has an diverse setting.

>Tyranids are a hivemind (ripped from Aliens)
>Eldar are the forgotten advanced race (ripped from Tolkien)
>Dark Eldar are the anarchist Eldar
>Tau are the communists (ripped from USSR)
>Imperium of Man is a fascist dictatorship with eugenics and citizenship through military service (ripped from USA and Nazi Germany)
>Orks are niggers who fight with their feelings (ripped from we wuz kings nd sht)
>Necrons are the evil AI robots (ripped from Golden Age sci fi and Terminator)
>Chaos is demonology (ripped from Western Biblical cannon and some mythology)

It's all derivative, but it is a vast and interesting mix of ideologies.

Dark Eldar are obviously the superior choice, they enslave all the other races and only seek pleasure through pain and destruction.

Tyranids are also based, since they will eventually wipe out every world in the Imperium and then enter the Warp and wipe out Chaos too.

Most people historically attracted to 40k were lonely virgin neckbeards, but if you know or are passionate about history, seeing all of these tropes pop up in the one setting is enjoyable, in a popcorn explosion superficial type way all fiction and media is enjoyable.

Sadly they ruined the game 2 or 3 editions ago and it's been complete garbage to play ever since. There are much more redpilled games like the sci fi skirmish game Infinity in which Haqqislam (the return of the Islamic Caliphate) is a faction, the Russians and Americans merge into a faction, Oceania merges into a faction, The japanese stay isolated into their own, there are various Jew like alien factions and also your standard evil AI faction.
>>
File: Black Templar.jpg (357 KB, 800x1280) Image search: [Google]
Black Templar.jpg
357 KB, 800x1280
>>70240440
It is what Wagner's Rise of the Valkyries was to Hitler. But for the dark enlightenment.

It's not even red pilled, it extends far beyond that. It's the matrix outside the matrix. We should literally strife to create the Imperium of (the white) Man. Start with the race war.
>>
>>70247203
This.

I got all the Dawn of War games for 2 fucking dollars via humblebundle.

The default Steam prices are really nonsensical considering how often sega titles go on massive discount.
>>
File: Grey Knights - Marine v Chaos.jpg (741 KB, 1280x915) Image search: [Google]
Grey Knights - Marine v Chaos.jpg
741 KB, 1280x915
They Grey Knights' most powerful weapon is the Holocaust which is basically a super ultra Warp beam of fuck you and death. Yet there are no Jews in 40k.

>>70244040
>Tau having a future
First of all mate if the Emperor dies the galaxy will literally explode into Chaos. There will be no reality, only Chaos. Secondly if that doesn't happen, provided the Imperium will be almost destroyed and thus very little humans remain in the galaxy, whoever steamrolled the Imperium with their victory condition will conquer or destroy Tau long before that.
>>
>>70247550
>slavery isn't so bad. At least I get all the food pellets I want.
You're not really polish. Filth.

>>70247684
All the DLCs do is give you a new race to play.

And as far as specific chapters, you can color your marines however you like, but in general you're playing Blood Ravens canonically. All the video games feature blood ravens except the Space Marine hack n slash which features ultrasmurfs. Blood Ravens were the special 'video game universe' space marines until recently. I'm kinda salty they didn't adhere to that and did ultramarines, but w/e.

Just put the base game on your wishlist and get dlc's on a later sale if you enjoy the game.
>>
>>70247684
Dawn of War:Dark Crusade>Soulstorm>>>DW2>>>DW2 Expansions

Then again, I am biased towards base building.
>>
>reminder that chaos is the only true answer
>>
>>70247328
>implying the God EMPEROR of mankind didn't genocide every genetic liability from mankind in the golden age in the crusades.

Ask yourself why there aren't any black primarches
And inb4 ferrus manus, he was black because he used a volcano functioning as a jacuzzi as a child.
>>
>>70248195
Your false emporer is a Jew
>>
File: 2016-03-31 07.47.36.png (377 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-31 07.47.36.png
377 KB, 1080x1920
>>70240440
The Emperor tried to unify humanity. Then he was destroyed by his own creations for failing to take human nature (okay and warp creatures) into account. Now he sits as a shell, and everyone worships his undead corpse. This is exactly the opposite of what he intended. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
>>
>>70248499
Go to bed, Horus.
>>
>>70248195
The emperor himself was a turk. He wasn't even absurdly religious as accounts of him portray. He was just highly warp capable and a cult formed around him and then after the betrayal there was no one to ask on the subject and the cult of personality exploded into a whole religion. He was a very enlightened dude himself.

>why are there no black people
Because black people by and large aren't the target demographic. But most people would point to the salamanders. You'll say it's a gene seed thing, but people looking at boxes don't really care. They're black enough to avoid diversity police. The emperor never racially cleansed anyone other than chaos tainted which had not concern for skintone.
>>
>>70248564
Go home Loyalist JIDF
>>
>>70248601
>2000+ B.C. Anatolia was t*rkish

No roachy, it fucking wasn't until 1453 A.D., open a fucking book
>>
>>70247550
t. bernie
>>
File: 1432669389416.jpg (52 KB, 243x432) Image search: [Google]
1432669389416.jpg
52 KB, 243x432
>>
>>70247807
>I still enjoy reading the novels
yeah, I have read 5 or 6 of the horus heresy series, and have 2-3 that I bought but not read yet

and read about 10 others,all fairly good, except the one that ends with them clutching melta bombs to their chests
>>
>>70248804
He was formed by some coalescence of druids before AD even happened. Not on our timeline. You could argue the nationals we call turks didn't exist in those borders, but he came from the same general area.
>>
>>70248790
I am already there heretic.
>>
File: Amakusa_Shir_.jpg (186 KB, 500x576) Image search: [Google]
Amakusa_Shir_.jpg
186 KB, 500x576
>>70248499
He's the exact opposite of a Jew. Mankind as a whole is needed to succeed. GE is canonically the leader of all abrahamic religions (except maybe islam and mormanism) he wished for humans to come together and see peace once and for all.

The last thing he wanted was for "God's chosen people" to be snake oil merchants and megacorp pharmacists that fuck over everyone not a Jew.

Unity is the goal of the God EMPEROR the rest of mankind under his wing. Division is the work of the servants of chaos ie Jews.
>>
>>70247875
in the emperors name, let none survive
>>
>>70249050
Yes, he was born to Indo-European Anatolians in Anatolia.

He was not a Turk.
>>
>>70248162
yeah, base building was awesome, shame they took it out, that feel when finally get t2/t3 and start building good shit
>>
>>70247875
>>70249154
That's a neat illustration of the halo wargear, but also a decidedly feminine marine...
>>
>>70248601
>The emperor himself was a turk
nigger, the turks hadn't reached that area by then, he was white
>>
File: 1459936475863.jpg (35 KB, 445x604) Image search: [Google]
1459936475863.jpg
35 KB, 445x604
>>70249050
Yea, and they genetically weren't anything resembling Turks or shitskins, bone samples of Anatolians are more similar to Europeans.

God EMPEROR is white, get over it BLMIDF
>>
>>70249050
From what i've read on Empy he was (re)born after the collective suicide of psykers in the area in what should be 2000 to 6000 BC, back then roaches were somewhere near china. Also when someone says anatolia means geographically the Greek colonies. Again, open a fucking book
>>
File: 76.jpg (97 KB, 1024x709) Image search: [Google]
76.jpg
97 KB, 1024x709
>>70244040
>Tau
>Future
Their empire and population are so small that they only way they can have a future against the other races is if the humans protect them. They weren't wiped out already because the Empire has 1000000 war fronts open.

This said, I'd love to see the Eldar and the humans cooperating.
>>
>>70249313
>feminine marine
an open mind is like a fortress with gates unbarred and unguarded
>>
>>70249483
They have cooperated in the past against greater threats, which was pretty neat. Can't for the life of me remember which book it was in, though, or the circumstances surrounding the temporary alliance.
>>
>>70248141
You dont really understand. You look at whk4 lore from perspective of these epic battles of guys in power armors.

Average empire citzian is slave anyway. Look up how life on forge world or hive cities looks like. He is merely a resource to be spent.

Tau treat their resources better.
>>
Life is unfair
>>
>>70247807
The novels and fluff are the only things I like about the game.
>>
>>70249635
>They have cooperated in the past against greater threats
Yeah I know, I meant more in a form of a permanent alliance. The Empire gives eldars some safe worlds inside its frontier so they stop being wanderers and the eldars give them tech and soldiers. Something like that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXUDlcr0qI
>>
>>70240440
Destroy the xenos, burn the heretics
>>
>>70249483
>1000000 war fronts
>literally every atomic distance from tera to the outer rim actively and eternally seeks a way to materialise a trillion daemonic ghosts to simply end humanity.
I'd say humanity has a literal infinite amount of war fronts going on from orcs pillaging deah worlds to slaanesh acolyts raping you when you drive to the grocery store.
>>
>>70249672
>tau treat their resources better
But Tau aren't humans. I'm well aware of how shit living in the imperium of man is. But everywhere is shit. On all sides, all accounts, and at least one of them can pretend to be doing it for your good. No one would willingly live in the universe of 40k at all, let alone choose a non-human faction to live within.

>>70249420
>reading a 40k book
Lol, no.
>>
>>70249046
>>70249787
Dan Abnett is a fucking boss lads
>>
>>70249807
That would be pretty cool. Maybe the Eldar could have helped the Emperor with that whole webway thing.
>>
File: Europe_mediterranean_1190.jpg (834 KB, 2293x1810) Image search: [Google]
Europe_mediterranean_1190.jpg
834 KB, 2293x1810
>>70248601
>The emperor himself was a turk

Turks started entering Anatolia after 1071, following the battle of Manzikert. It took them about 300 years to drive the Romans truly out, with Trebizond holding as long as 1460s.

The Emperor was born or created in ancient Anatolia, many many thousands of years ago, long before such entities as Urartu or Hettites rose to prominence.
>>
>>70244040
Superpower by 40,030
>>
>>70249921
When i say open a fucking book i mean history. Read what the fuck is Anatolia, then say your opinion.
>>
>>70250116
>>70250086
Looks like what would now be considered Turkey to me. Fail to see the problem.
>>
>>70249921
Its like choosing between north korea and space version of north korea.
Woudl you live in north korea?
>>
File: South_Slavic_tribes.png (252 KB, 491x407) Image search: [Google]
South_Slavic_tribes.png
252 KB, 491x407
Another example, map from 6th century which paints western Anatolia as Greek, the central areas being a mix of Pontics-Isaurian-Cilician-Galatian-Kappadokian natives that had no yet been assimilated into Greek culture, and with most of the eastern areas being Armenian through and through.

Back when Turkomen were just another subtribe of the Oghuz.
>>
>>70249883
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_Nox4gwLBo
>>
>>70249969
yeah, and I like that other guy, graham neil?
>>
>>70249921
>reading a 40k book
aww, this faggot not know hoe to reed gud

what books do you read?
>>
>>70250437
I meant - space version of european union.
>>
>>70248601
The emperor himself was a turk.

>>70250422
>Looks like what would now be considered Turkey to me.

Fail is an understatement regarding your intelect
>>
>>70250422
>american education
>>
>>70244040
>tiny weak "empire"
>requires heavy brainwashing in order to keep non-kroot allies
>prides itself on defeating an extremely small, extremely weakened splinter of a splinter hive fleet

As soon as the next actual hive fleet comes their way, they'll go the way of the squat.
>>
>>70250457
seniority studs on wrong side of head

fucking amateurs
>>
>>70250539
Graham McNeil. He's based as well. I've read in comments that Sandy Mitchel is also good but i haven't read anything yet
>>
>>70249807
There is no such thing.
Some Imperial sector allows some Eldar Craftworlds to travel through their territory and doesn't engage them. And there are examples of corrupt Governors allying themselves to Dark Eldar. And Grey Knights guarded a destroyed Eldar Craftworld's soulstones until other Eldar collected them. And there was some exiled Ranger that moved some human colonists to another planet because they were on an Eldar Maiden World.
Otherwise it's kill on sight for both parties, except for really desperate measures where some of their armies ally to fight of a greater threat. Even then like 90% of those alliances end in one side fucking off once they are secure or outright betrayal after the conflict.

Both sides are just too proud and cocksure to debase themselves in to cooperation. Altough there is some Eldar prophecy that the Eldar and Ynnead will fight alongside the Imperium, the Emperor and the primarchs in the last battle against Chaos.
>>
File: thumbs up(31).png (379 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up(31).png
379 KB, 853x480
>>70246225
Life is unfair...
>>
any other last man standing vets here?

I got first page on the 2nd map once

never got past the 2nd lot of doppelgangers on the main map though
>>
File: Urartu_715_713-en.svg.png (4 MB, 2714x1740) Image search: [Google]
Urartu_715_713-en.svg.png
4 MB, 2714x1740
how fucking stupid can you yanks get

here is a map from 8th century BC; do you see any Turks around? (no, they are not also hiding amongst Phrygian-Lydian-Bithyanian kingdoms in the west)
>>
>>70250823
that's it, yeah I like his stuff
>>
File: 1410273865271.jpg (221 KB, 486x706) Image search: [Google]
1410273865271.jpg
221 KB, 486x706
>>70250851
>There is no such thing.
Well I said I'd love it, not that it happens.

And it isn't for lack of reasons
>Both hate the chaos
>Both hate the necrons
>Both hate the orks
>Both hate everyone
And the last time I read the lore, craftworld eldars' population was decreasing pretty fast. They need to do something about it.
>>
File: Egypt_Hittite_Empires_map.jpg (214 KB, 1200x795) Image search: [Google]
Egypt_Hittite_Empires_map.jpg
214 KB, 1200x795
here is a map from 14th century BC; do you see any fucking Turks around?
>>
>>70251179

Isn't the end-game of Eldar civilization as a whole to have every one of them join the infinity circuit (die) and spawn their death god to kill Slaanesh? I'm a little confused
>>
>>70251358
> "A few Eldar Seers believe that once every single Eldar has died, Ynnead will awaken at last and have the strength to defeat Slaanesh forever. At that point, the Eldar race will be reborn into the physical universe to begin again, freed from the sins of their past and with the chance to build a better future"
>>
>>70249126
(You) (You)
*eg
>>
File: 1459378067354.jpg (68 KB, 400x428) Image search: [Google]
1459378067354.jpg
68 KB, 400x428
This thread is now property of the Imperium of man. All Heretics and xeno filth are to leave immediately, otherwise be subject to purge.

All those loyal to the Emperor will obtain purity seals but only if you reply "THE EMPEROR PROTECTS" To this post.
>>
File: 1800-1200bc.jpg (92 KB, 614x339) Image search: [Google]
1800-1200bc.jpg
92 KB, 614x339
now here we have some map from pre-Bronze age Europe, detailing how Indo-Aryans entered Europe somewhere between 2000-1000 BC.
Do you see any Turks around?
>>
File: 1364651226859.jpg (777 KB, 3000x2251) Image search: [Google]
1364651226859.jpg
777 KB, 3000x2251
>>70251631
THE EMPEROR PROTECTS
>>
>>70251615
>a few
Lame, space elven death cult would be pretty neato
>>
>>70246804
Just buy DoW 2: Retribution for like 20 bucks and install the Elite mod.
>>
File: 1457701739618.jpg (114 KB, 852x937) Image search: [Google]
1457701739618.jpg
114 KB, 852x937
>>70240440
Space crusaders vowing to kill aliens and degenerate followers of chaos (I'm looking at you slaanesh)?

Series where almost no human is a non-white?

10/10 redpilled friendo
>>
>>70243673
except in reality the emperor is an atheist, and an example of the pinnacle of human evolution
>>
>a 40k thread on /pol/

great now i have autism
>>
>>70247853
>enter the Warp and wipe out Chaos too
The hive mind would probably affect them in the warp as it got stronger, but wouldn't the 'nids just eating every physical being that feeds the ruinous powers do the job in destroying chaos?
>>
>>70244040
The tau don't even have knowledge of.the warp iirc. Chaos is going to ruin them like the eldar. Only humanity has proven itself to not completely fall in the face of chaos
>>
>>70247971
>They Grey Knights' most powerful weapon is the Holocaust which is basically a super ultra Warp beam of fuck you and death

I started playing knights recently and they no longer have Holocaust in 7th. I've heard about the ability but do you remember the rules for it? I've been curious.
>>
>>70249989
Eldrad attempted to warn Fulgrim, but the daemon had already possessed him. Plus, The Emperor wasn't going to play games with them.
>>
>>70247550
They sterilize them whilst keeping them with the most basic of tech. So much for that common 'Greater Good' huh?
>>
>>70250851
Harlequin are allowed to perform on Imperial Worlds if I remember correctly.
>>
>>70252037
Ehhh not really, if you look at guard lore, there are a lot of different races other than whites, each major world/sector has its own races and what not. For example the cadian are pretty much brit bongs that have human farms to keep up the demand for cadian soldiers and defending the gate of cadian (eye if terror) while the Tallarans are hajis that are expert fast attack/desert raiders, etc. The only reason why you don't see many is because gw is lazy as fuck and doesn't want to put out more than cadian and catachans (space murica). Same thing with female guard, there aren't many since they are either in a farm or a factory worker, but on the rare occasion there is a female guardsman, she is probably sterile and has a stick so far up her ass she would be as terrifying as a commisar, providing she didn't die in the first wave.
>>
>>70248195
That was Vulkan, not Ferrus.
>>
>>70251179
Even if it wasn't declining, their population is finite. New soulstones demand them to loot in the Eye of Terror. Standard 40k grimdark.

>>70252326
I don't even play the game, I just like the artwork, the books and the sperging out in fluff discussions. Only know of Holocaust because it features in some GK novels.

>>70252805
I'm pretty sure that was just a single Inquisitor permitted to view one of their performances. But it's 40k, if you absolutely want to headcanon some Harlqeuins performing on a fringe Imperial World because they saved their Craftworld's soulstones from utter destruction or some other sufficient reason, you can do it.
>>
HAIL EMPEROR
>>
>>70248601
The novels often depict individuals with darker skin, but it generally romanticized in its detail, rather than explicit. Generally inquisitors/occasional assassin.
>>
>>70250091
Underrated.
>>
>>70240440
Its basically /pol/s wet dream
>everything non human is purged
>everything even remotely degenerate is purged because it might cause Chaos shit
>all humans are white
>fascism, fascism everywhere
>thought police
And they have some pretty snazzy outfits too.
>>
>>70252037
Forgeting the Khan. And Vulcan. And Mersadie.
>>
>>70244040
Isn't the Tau literally heading to the same direction as pre-imperium humanity?
Dicking with AI until AI dicks you back?
>>
>>70253425
Don't forget that above everything is the God-Emperor.
Literally the dream.
>>
File: Tfdh.jpg (10 KB, 208x210) Image search: [Google]
Tfdh.jpg
10 KB, 208x210
>>70247875
>Imperium of (the white) Man. Start with the race war.
Jesus Christ stop.
>>
File: 1438491007620.jpg (595 KB, 2048x1282) Image search: [Google]
1438491007620.jpg
595 KB, 2048x1282
>>70240440
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSR9W8g6ak8
>>
>>70240440
It's the only franchise I know of that is COMPLETELY untouched by progressives.

The closest thing is the adeptas sororitas, but even they are inferior to space marines, wear boob armor, and only even exist because the Ecclesiarchy is not allowed to have "men at arms" according to the law.
>>
>>70245643
Warhammer fantasy doesnt exist anymore. Sorry bro. End times lore, now it's Age of Sigmar (Space Marines... in FANTAASY!)

40k has a lot more books and story though.
>>
>>70242507
Except that he has faith in humanity that has been repeatedly proven wrong, and he fails to understand humans on a fundamental level.
>>
>>70249313
Black Templar with the Armor of Emperor's Champion. Promise you that's a dude, dude.
>>
>>70254024
Interesting, I never considered that aspect of it
>>
>>70253929
>badass nuns in armour that kill with their faith in the name of god
>influence of progressives

u wot

Anyway, don't count on this lasting much longer, we've had several SJW's trying to start shit about tabletop and classic gaming for some time now.
>>
>>70243673
>hasn't even bothered to look up 40k

You realize the whole point is that the Emperor DESTROYED those things, right? It's only now that he doesn't talk to people anymore that they've fallen back on the old ways. The irony comes from the fact that he was SO objective and reasonable that humans ironically wanted to see him as something divine. It speaks to actual human nature. The problem is that the general population will never be reasonable.
>>
>>70243653

I am really new to 40k. Why does everyone hate Ultramarines?
>>
>>70252144
>great now i have autism
you already had autism
>>
>>70242507
>the Imperium
>stormfags

uhh kid this time theres no questioning the factr that everything else in the Galaxy wants to kill humans so they have to be xenos genociding assholes
>>
>>70254345
>Ultrasmurfs
>Overused, over pushed
>Muh glory
>Primarch 2.0 Matt Ward
>>
One of my libetard rapefugees welcome friend cannot read the books anymore as they are too fascist.

Has has collected and paintet armies since kid but had to drop warhammer recently.
>>
File: 1438883466807.jpg (387 KB, 1628x890) Image search: [Google]
1438883466807.jpg
387 KB, 1628x890
>>70254174
Speaking of which.
>http://www.themarysue.com/warhammer-40k-gender-representation/
>http://pastebin.com/hBrUQUZs
>>
File: 1409588623377.png (18 KB, 691x597) Image search: [Google]
1409588623377.png
18 KB, 691x597
>>70253742
>0:50
>>
It wouldn't surprise me if there's probably a few skilled strategists in the armed forces now that honed their skills at Warhammer and W40k.
>>
>>70240440
Do these guys have sex?

Do they have to genetically engineer women to withstand the crushing force of their pelvic thrusts?
>>
Look at this thread. Look how civil it is as opposed to most on this board. People off all nations coming together, uniting against the xeno menace. Our own petty squabbling set aside to combat a greater outside threat that's a foe to all humanity.

The Emperor was right! Unite us, my liege!
>>
>>70254647
Did someone notify GW about this? They are super autistic about their trademarks and intellectual property.
>>
>>70254345
Blame Matt Ward.

If you take out the "MUG GREATEST AND BESTEST MARINES BECAUSE!" shit Matt Ward wrote they're actually the most tolerable Legion of Astartes.

For a simplified and /tg/ version of warhammer fluff, head to 1d4chan. It was how I learned about most of the lore until I read deeper.
>>
>>70254839
Lawsuit Exterminate in 3...2...1...
>>
>>70245503
Dark Eldar will fuck you if you know what I mean
>>
>>70254612
>mfw I started getting involved in the 40k verse while still in a super leftist phase
>never had a problem with the content or found it "problematic"

I think your friend might just be a super autist.
>>
File: Temperus-maximus-real.png (716 KB, 750x568) Image search: [Google]
Temperus-maximus-real.png
716 KB, 750x568
>>70254744
Too busy fighting and dying to have sex.
>>
soundtrack for this thread

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6--w8e8zIcM

Or this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qUW8sBaacQI
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k
>>
>>70240440
We are talking about a dark fantasy world and not board game or damn videao games, so if you know the world, the following statements considered to be known:

>emperor is true leader withouth corruption, want to help mankind to benefit
>every character is white
>strong hierarchy, the best is the purest, fearless, strongest, most honoured, most honest, loyal (don't need to questin loyalty if you serve the purest)
>orcs like fucking dindus
>they working in orders, chapters, strong hierarchy, based on their knowledge, heroism and leadership
>bring hope to menkind when they show them what the man can be

You can hate videogames, tablegame itself but the dark fantasy itself show you courage and bravery. According to the word, right now we are just filthy subhumans, so it show us the was to evolve to an other menkind...

yeah, I was with spacemarines, with the blood angels.
>>
>>70254345
They are Matt Ward's favourites. Before he touched them, they were just average joes as far as Space Marines were concerned, generally all rounded and kinda bland. Then he made them the super awesome best chapter, and every other chapter wants to emulate them and other assorted nonsense.
>>
>>70247031
kek
>>
>>70255103
fuck the blood Angels! Black Templars stronk!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lBVxcGxRv_I
>>
>>70254647
>Too stupid to go into

>Needing to be biologically compatible and capable of morphing to the parameters of a MALE progenitor. Super low success rate at that.

We lad.
>>
>>70243285
Life isn't fair...
>>
>>70254698
40k really tingles my awesome boner. But my favorite passages are always short sentences that describe monumental heroics that were meaningless in the grand scale.
>Nineteenth platoon were about five hundred meters from Old Hive's north entrance when they saw the gates close. Skerral stopped in his tracks, and pulled the men up. Half his unit were dead. He ejected a cell from his lasrifle and slammed in a new one. "Come on," he said, turning back to face down the slope at the waves of assault sweeping in. "Let's see how many we can kill." The remnants of nineteenth lasted seventeen minutes from the time the gates closed. They accounted for one hundred and eighty-nine enemy casualties. No one witnessed their heroism."
>>
>>70255284
this is what I called heresy :D We only hate Horus and his bunch of faggots but acting against them is heresy again... btw, everything is heresy... so fuck you too
>>
File: 1297506967610.jpg (59 KB, 601x427) Image search: [Google]
1297506967610.jpg
59 KB, 601x427
>>70254345
a shitty author named Matt Ward wrote a codex for them once that was really bad. since then it's be cool to hate on them which is retarded as they're otherwise one of the most pragmatic and have an awesome Roman aesthetic
>>
>>70255085
>not actual 40k gothic music
You HERETIC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1K4Qi_80ok&list=PLYStYjr1J77IAW6o1A76y7GqsTbwZ7Kjf
>>
For everyone who hates the Ultramarines, you should watch Bruva Alfabusa's stuff on YouTube, mainly his "Emperor's Text To Speech Device" series.
>>
>>70240440
Humble reminder that Slaaneshi will rule all.
Your emperor won't save you
>>
File: USA USA USA USA USA.gif (4 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
USA USA USA USA USA.gif
4 MB, 359x202
>>70250457
fuuuuck yeah
>>
>>70243809
that just makes it postmodernist, fampai

which is not a good thing

(this is ironic, because WH40K exercises heavy elements of the modern as well, from transhumanism present in every faction to analysis of the totalitarian regimes across the galaxy)
>>
best wh40k thought of the day:

"Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise."
>>
File: 204798.jpg (355 KB, 1280x918) Image search: [Google]
204798.jpg
355 KB, 1280x918
>>70255806
Chaos scum go away
>>
Not very.

On the other hand, hundreds of dollars to get even a basic army and dozens of hours of modeling and painting to get it functional is a sturdy barrier to entry that keeps out casuals and hence sjws.
>>
>>70252325
They have actually wery weak warp presence and thanks to that they very rarely fall to chaos.
>>
File: image.jpg (495 KB, 768x1060) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
495 KB, 768x1060
This is the only Emperor you need to know about, MAGA
>>
File: 574_large.jpg (140 KB, 704x544) Image search: [Google]
574_large.jpg
140 KB, 704x544
>>70255806
>>70256064
Get outta here xeno scum
>>
File: bOZJsq8dJQk.jpg (51 KB, 604x389) Image search: [Google]
bOZJsq8dJQk.jpg
51 KB, 604x389
>>70255003
Just leftist psychosis.
Basic NEET leftist anarchist.
>>
>>70240440
Pretty sure racism against other humans is close to heresy. It probably still happens though. If your racism affects overall combat effectiveness and morale in the field, then the commissar will fuck you up.
>>
File: OrK-wallpaper_4x3.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1296) Image search: [Google]
OrK-wallpaper_4x3.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1296
>>70249270
>>70249270
>>70249270

BASE BUILDING IS BULLSHIT.

why does anyone want to play a sim-city minigame instead of getting to the action? Stripping out that garbage of a time delay in an RTS wast he best thing Relic ever did
>>
File: repercussions.png (13 KB, 280x1000) Image search: [Google]
repercussions.png
13 KB, 280x1000
>>70256262
Bullet to the head.
Plain and simple.
He won't give it a second thought.
>>
File: Did Someone Say Scions.jpg (60 KB, 842x725) Image search: [Google]
Did Someone Say Scions.jpg
60 KB, 842x725
>>70240440
>Purging Slaneesh whores
>Killing all abnormals and deviants
>Killing Xenos
>>
File: Winter_Assult.jpg (502 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Winter_Assult.jpg
502 KB, 1680x1050
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgs29veFrdE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ5s81NRdQE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf_3ZTp4eG4&nohtml5=False
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-1-PQRbD28&nohtml5=False
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2WEFlQva30&nohtml5=False
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilSDgI1JONw&nohtml5=False

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr9h-bB_rhE&nohtml5=False
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFcogzl_RKY&nohtml5=False
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sgimfISzPs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWGBJtlCvnc&nohtml5=False
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpmiq8sTH0k&nohtml5=False
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbCjE4af1OE&nohtml5=False
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3mA4nLepqk&nohtml5=False

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce2ralsTKmo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTJ-WqU-Vnw
>>
>>70256346
it's more going on

more chess than fite

I loved it

fuyck you1!!
>>
>>70256346
Look at him. Look at him and laugh.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with being a gue'la
>>
File: Marine-wallpaper_16x10.jpg (1 MB, 1680x1096) Image search: [Google]
Marine-wallpaper_16x10.jpg
1 MB, 1680x1096
>>70256666
>more going on
>more chess

fighting is chess-like you dumb faggot

>>70256702
>i only play vs bots
>>
>>70248195

Khan is asian or mongol, Magnus is something weird too.
>>
Seriously though, once humanity triumphs over the xeno and heretic filth, will I be permitted to keep a modest harem of nubile Eldar women to sate my manly needs? I promise no to impregnate them and dilute my sacred human genes, though it would be nice to breed the xeno out of them over generation of selective breeding.
>>
File: HORUSALIVE.jpg (450 KB, 661x716) Image search: [Google]
HORUSALIVE.jpg
450 KB, 661x716
>>70256666
czecked
>>
>>70257077
chess isn't fighting

durrrr

homo scatophile

dow 1 is best gaem

dow2 had some oawesome graphics though
>>
>>70254088
>implying that hip:waist ratio is masculine
Nigga, look at dem hips.
>>
File: this.jpg (34 KB, 349x404) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
34 KB, 349x404
>>70256702
Laughing more at people like you.

Seriously, realizing that base building is bs is one of the best thing to happen with the modern RTS genre. It's well done in rare and selected cases these days.

>>70257628
pic related
>>
File: screen_002.jpg (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
screen_002.jpg
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>70257628
There is nothing special about DoW1 from a strict gaming perspective. It's good fun but is an otherwise run of the mill RTS with poor pathing, typical spam tactics and unbalanced factions.

The only real benefits to it are 1: Scale, more units if you want bigger battles and 2: base building which compared to other RTS games is actually fairly limited.

DoW2 on the other hand which was built around 3v3 battles has base building removed meaning you have more focus on your units, many of which have multiple abilities where timing is critical, unit selection and build is important and matches rely much more upon reacting to what your opponents are doing in the immediate and will do in the future for their overall force composition.

If you've never managed to successfully grenade a retreating enemy squad, wiping it out, you've never experienced the joy of real tactics and timing.
>>
>>70247875
>those hips
sexy marine
>>
>>70248601
Emperor a turkroach?

Nigga are you a heretic? 10k years ago Anatolia was at the forefront of the agricultural revolution. Turks, Armenians, etc were unknown.

The ancient Greeks claimed their ancestors originated to the east but were driven westwards by the hordes of the Asian steppe. And since then the Barbarians have been following the creators of civilization seeking to destroy what they create. Huns, Mongols, Persians, Muslims, Etc.
>>
>>70253562
That's how I've seen it too, with Tau representing humanity's past and Eldar representing its future.
>>
>>70258170
Also, sync kills were sick as fuck.

Should be a standard thing in literally all future RTS's regardless of setting.

>when an assault marine takes down a carnifex
Like pottery.

And agreed. I don't know if DoW2 hit the nail on the head with bases, but it was a step in a new direction nonetheless and was damn good fun. It still had tech and delays since you had to spend time inbounding units.

Granted, it was meant to be played Capture Point instead of kill-em-all and some people just can't grasp objective based gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn1MqVHkwBw
>>
File: race war gear.jpg (364 KB, 1052x1576) Image search: [Google]
race war gear.jpg
364 KB, 1052x1576
>>70256503
> not posting the quotes in high gothic aka german

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knbZZ6qur-8&nohtml5=False
>>
>>70255518

My biggest boner tingle was the description of Corax after the drop site massacre just began. Of course I can't find it right now.
>>
>>70257694
I'll give you that.
>>
File: screen_003.jpg (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
screen_003.jpg
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>70258795
imo the next best step from DoW2 (after being bought by SEGA i doubt we'll see them expand on it vs just shitting out another Total War game which may or may not be good. WFantasy total war DLC shitshow was... sad) would be to have factions start off with no need for base building but if players would like to they could use commanders or even build units that could construct some. Much in the way of the Techmarine’s turrets or the Guardsmen ability to construct walls for cover. The key point here is that it’d be a tactical option players could use vs a mandatory mechanic.
>>
>>70257852
>pic related
realted to what? I am better at pretend retrad than you ever will be, foggot homo pooplicker

>>70257852
>realizing that base building is bs is one of the best thing to happen with the modern RTS genre
wait? that's what I said

>>70258170
I played both and loved both, but I REALLY loved dow1 best

good times

dow2 was more polished and better graphics, but 1 fucking dreadnaught? or 1 fucking tank?

jesus, remember the first dow1 where you could have 4 or 6? and just roll in lascannons blazing?
>>
File: Nurgle.jpg (84 KB, 817x588) Image search: [Google]
Nurgle.jpg
84 KB, 817x588
>>70251631
Hi.
>>
>>70258624
>Tau representing humanity's past
>for the greater good

yeah, nah

oooh, it's a socialist
>>
>>70259614
I have literally never seen someone use a nurgle demon army. I've seen slaanesh and khorne a fair amount, but never a nurgle.
>>
>>70259061
this is my favourate 40k vid, if anyone cares

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQwTyGeoprA
>>
>>70255883
Capitalist pig

>kek
>>
>>70258795

I also meant to comment - i still play DoW2 frequently and i see so many Annihilation matches going on in public games and i have to wonder what the fuck these people are doing? DoW2 wasn't meant for that and makes the matches really boring

>>70259496
>1 dreadnought
>1 tank

what are you talking about? DoW1 you had limited number of vehicles meaning you'll only ever have x number of certain units. in 2 you could literally have just a whole army of Dreadnoughts if you wanted.
>>
>>70259061
as it been ever said in books ect what the official language of the imperium is ?
>>
>>70259223
I always just wanted a point-buy system. Arrange an army before queuing. 1500 points, 2500 points, etc. Buy however much you can with your points, hit queue, get a random objective. Neither player has to have the same objective.

>queue as SM - hold control point for 5 minutes
>queue as nids - kill all enemies
Or both have the same objective. W/e. Just make the missions as random as tabletop usually is where you flip a coin/roll for a scenario.
>>
I'm never entirely sure from a lore perspective as to what the Necrons are, and what they're doing. They seem to just wake up on random planets, fuck shit up and turn the whole place to dust, then go back to robosleep. Would the Tyranids and Necrons ever actually fight? Because nigs go after food, ans there's fuck all to eat on a necron planet.
>>
>>70259910
that could be pretty damned awesome actually. would be difficult to balance. very difficult but it'd be fun to see attempted
>>
>>70259965
necrons and nids do fight and have in lore. usually besieging some necron world for resources, necrons wake up and tell them to piss off.

As for the necrons themselves they're effectively a dead race in every sense and simply haven't had the good graces to accept their time is long past.
>>
File: 1437545661231.jpg (60 KB, 680x649) Image search: [Google]
1437545661231.jpg
60 KB, 680x649
>>70259965
Nids avoid Necrons. You cannot eat soulless metallic creatures.
>>
>>70259965
>what are necrons
They change radically per codex. Not even GW knows what necrons 'are'.

But you've got the gist of it. I've read they're related to... I forget what the gods are called that aren't chaos gods. I think eldar worship them, but not the dark eldar. There's only a handful of them and they're like phoenixes or giant space carp or w/e the glyph dieties in WoW are. Been ages since I read anything about Necrons.

Think last I heard they were like pirate robo skeletons from an ancient ancient era long before humanity had written word.

>would nids and necrons fight?
They'd find a reason if it needed to sell a book, but otherwise I don't think Nids would even acknowledge necrons. Necrons may assault nids they find on their planet though.
>>
File: Necron_Wraith_1.gif (13 KB, 121x211) Image search: [Google]
Necron_Wraith_1.gif
13 KB, 121x211
No Egyptian space zombies than?
>>
>>70260634
>I think eldar worship them
Wot. Eldars were servants of the enemies of them (Ancestors?), while necrons were the servans of them.
>>
The Emperor was an atheist and removed all religion from the Imperium to make sure that the Chaos Gods wouldn't get out of hand, but happenings happened and mankind also began believing in him as a god.
>>
>>70259816
>DoW1 you had limited number of vehicles meaning you'll only ever have x number of certain units
yeah there was a pop cap

but you could have more tanks in the very first dow1 than in the next one, dark crusade?

2 full tanks and 2 slightly lesser tanks at least, heh and send a couple of servitors to repair

and imperial guard were awesome with the artillery

tau were great with the drone harbinger and crisis battle suit.

dow1 battles were just so much more epic than dow2 with your 4 chars, actual armies

and all the voice quotes

I didn't like the one that added the flying shit so much

I would have loved some more campaigns too
>>
File: baby sunglasses.jpg (14 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
baby sunglasses.jpg
14 KB, 250x200
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/C%27tan

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Old_Ones
>>
>>70260634
Necrons we're tricked by the c'tan to destroy the old ones and eldar so the c'tan can devour all the universes energy and than take there army to the next universe and do the same.

And no the eldar worship different gods
>>
>>70260147
>difficult to balance
I think the randomness of your objectives would help to round out player armies since you'd never know if you need to eliminate all opposition, transport an artifact, or control a zone. Some units obviously being better than others. Probably have a large enough pool of objectives(which are your win condition alone) that you can exclude a handful of them. Could have dueling artifacts so you have to choose how much of your army fights at the enemy artifact while defending your own. Or orks could keep have an obj to keep at least one squad in combat for 5 minutes to attract more to the waagh.

But I'd imagine most objs would devolve into an all out melee because south americans cannot into objs.

Also, Ork race is free to play for everyone(as in, don't have to buy the game at all) but people that buy the game can play SM/IG/Eldar/etc/etc. To encourage the horde aspect of Orks. Players should always have the ability to queue and at least encounter orks.
>>
File: noheresyhere.jpg (91 KB, 300x418) Image search: [Google]
noheresyhere.jpg
91 KB, 300x418
>>
File: 57895.jpg (107 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
57895.jpg
107 KB, 1024x768
>>70261158
yes well i already acknowledge the scale was larger. That's one of it's Pros which is pretty sweet but for long time play-ability that to me wears off after a while as it hits me as just too much of a novelty.

Now i'll make this argument in DoW2 - i dont know why for 1vs1 games Relic didn't design it so the players had higher popcaps. considering the game was built around 3v3 with each player having that 100unit popcap there's no reason it couldn't work on a technical ground. Although i do also enjoy the small 1v1 skirmishes from time to time it'd be awesome to have large matches this way.

on the flipside, to see a bunch of awesome units fielded simultaneously you can still get that feel from 3v3 matches, which is especially fun imo if each player picks the same race and one of the three commanders for it. Albeit you don't get to control them all naturally but it does give to that sense of larger scale. More importantly it makes playing the game a lot more fun. DoW2 is really well designed for players to work with one another.
>>
>>70261225
>c'tan
That's the word I was looking for. Thanks. Couldn't remember what they were called or even what they were.

>eldar have diff gods
As if I know/care what those uppity sluts spend their days doing. They're just space jews anyway.
>>
anyone played space hulk?
>>70260634
>giant space carp
kek

> I heard they were like pirate robo skeletons from an ancient ancient era long before humanity had written word
I thought they were once flesh but they were remade into immortal robots

they were great in dark crusade, difficult to play, but superawesome in the end game

I never really got into them that much, that wierd time resource, and not sure what to build and when to tech

>>70261158
>dark crusade
ah no, winter assault was second I think, that was really well done, with all the missions and objectives for each race
>>
>>70256346
why can't we have both modes?
>>
>>70259626
>hard cast system
>"the greater good" is subjugation and indoctrination
sounds pretty human to me
>>
>>70262107
We do. One is called DoW and the other is DoW2. Pick your poison.
>>
>>70261744
>yes well i already acknowledge the scale was larger. That's one of it's Pros which is pretty sweet but for long time play-ability that to me wears off after a while as it hits me as just too much of a novelty.
I went through each campaign multiple times with all the races, loved it, so many bolters going off, missiles, flamers etc

when dow2 came out I really liked it, but the number of units was super low, and like 3 SM per squad, graphics was awesome, but no mass battle anymore

I agree they should have split the unit cap depending on how many players
>>
>>70262788
3v3 truly was mecca. I talked friends into playing just for more 3v3.
>>
>>70262147
pretty human? in marxist world(marx was a jew)

and caste? they payed the kroot to be their melee
>>
>>70251066
Don't fall for the roachdiaspora bait finbro
>>
>>70263099
dow 1 had 6 v 6, well 6 v whatever
>>
>>70262147
>hard cast system
explain
>>
>>70240440
>How redpilled is Warhammer 40k?
Well, given that the whole setting is about presenting humanity at its worst I'll let you conclude what the writers actually think about the whole catholic space nazi thing.
>>
>>70247715
>Did I say the Imperium no I said the Marines and yes in the allies matrix of either thid addition of the rules or the last the Tau and Marines could be Battle Brothers.
Rules ain't fluff anon. Not even close to it.
That's wargaming 101.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.