[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should Japan (and Korea) have its own nukes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: kazuya channel.png (1 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
kazuya channel.png
1 MB, 1280x800
Pic related is a Japanese Internet celebrity who's moderately red-pilled and posts short three-minute videos on YouTube and Nico Nico Douga every day about his take on current events. Most of his videos deal with questioning Korea/China's demands for WWII reparations and animosity towards Japan, supporting the Abe administration, and criticizing the left-wing activists on Okinawa.

Two days ago he addressed Trump's comments about Japan and Korea getting nukes. While he says he personally doesn't like the idea, he is also critical of the political climate in Japan not even allowing discussion of the matter and reason that in the event something bad happens to America, Japan should be able to fend for themselves.

The comments on his videos are divided. Some people argue that obtaining nukes would level the playing field for Japan and deter its enemies, while others say that the move would only alienate its allies and give China/NK an excuse to attack. Keep in mind that his audience is predominantly conservative.

What do you think? Is it a good idea for Japan and Korea to have their own nuclear weapons? I know American interests always come first for /pol/, but perhaps we should be considerate of our allies' position too.
>>
why is trump pixellated? does he do the same thing as the young roaches?
>>
I don't know much about the entire situation, but I'm not sure that obtaining a nuke would make others more likely to attack. Has there ever been one time in history where someone had gotten attacked because they just got nukes?
>>
>>69956253

They have strong laws about obscene imagery
>>
http://www.japanecho.com/sum/2003/300515.html

You should read this OP

Even Cheney thought Japan should get nukes
>>
>>69956253
It's just a running joke on his channel. He likes to pixellate or black-bar censor people even when it's obvious who it is. I guess he's kind of like TYT, though not as obnoxious. He also put out a book recently on how Japan should be more nationalist.

Here's the video in the OP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bXEqIr9sZY
>>
File: japanese soldier.jpg (292 KB, 800x720) Image search: [Google]
japanese soldier.jpg
292 KB, 800x720
>>69956140
Japan is currently a freeloader but they do have the potential to be a fantastic vassal state if we can get them to embrace militarism again. Once that happens we can use the new asian co-prosperity sphere to challenge Chinese dominance of the region.
>>
>>69956140
Japanese peaceniks are really brainwashed.
>>
Nips wouldn't cross the street to piss on you if you were on fire.

Get their tiny yellow dicks out of your mouth
>>
>>69956561
>Nips wouldn't cross the street to piss on you if you were on fire.
...k?
>>
>>69956507
This is pretty interesting, thanks.
>>
File: 1459713031945.png (258 KB, 549x560) Image search: [Google]
1459713031945.png
258 KB, 549x560
>>69956561
Spotted the chink.
>>
File: Nurgle.gif (501 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Nurgle.gif
501 KB, 320x240
Why cant we have conventional wars?

What the fuck happened to stabbing some fag with your claymore.
What the fuck happened to ramming your bayonet onto some chink?
What the fuck happened to the amazing dogfights?
We dont even know who the fuck we are fighting because all is done through jets,bombers,Drones,ICM.Etc.

And now nukes, Motherfucking Nukes are just unfair, you cant even use then on an attacking army because the poisoning would be way too close from home.

Am i the only one who would prefer an All-out conventional war instead of this drone,Instant-global-annihilation bullshit?

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1459190964490.webm
>>
untying them would curb China and North Korea
MAD is like the second amendment for nationstates
>>
Not really. Especially if you also plan on putting tariffs on them. Japan and Korea have little reason to be allies of the United States if they can't make money out of the relationship and don't get any protection either.

Plus, North Korea doesn't need nukes to be defeated. The only reason it isn't annihilated is that nobody would want to deal with the political and humanitarian disaster that would result from the aftermath. Nukes would only lead to China, SK and Japan all feeling threatened by each other.
>>
>>69958789
> Nukes would only lead to China, SK and Japan all feeling threatened by each other.

China already has nukes though. Everyone in Asia is terrified of China and currently the US is the only country capable of standing up to them. We have to somehow empower them. Nukes would go a long way towards that end.
>>
>>69958789
Good points. It would be interesting to see Japan bolster their defense, and nukes might be a possible option on top of that, but on top of that we have to take a look at possible economic or foreign policy factors. It's a complex situation but at least Trump is a candidate who can look at multiple options.
>>
>>69958229
Those are long gone outside of small regional conflicts, no two nuclear armed countries have been at war and most likely wont until the big one.
>>
>>69958229
Mexico, I demand to know what this is from, so I can go watch it.
>>
>>69958913
As of now:
Japan and South Korea are the United States' "protegees" and important trade partners.
China has a massive net positive from trading with the United States. It can't risk going to war with such a cash cow, so it can't attack it or its protegees.
You remove the United States from the equation and you have a China that has a trade deficit with Japan and South Korea. China has no reason to not go to war with these countries anymore.
UNLESS, Japan and South Korea start filling the hole left by the United States, and all these countries start becoming partners. Which is a possibility if tey resent you for putting tariffs on their exports.
And at that point you will have a Japan and South Korea that defend Chinese interests.

So, this scenario leads to either:
Massive war in Asia involving nuclear weapons.
Proliferation of nuclear weapons that doesn't go anywhere (maybe because China falls to social unrest or something)
China being handed control over Asia on a silver platter.
>>
File: 1434658722257.jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1434658722257.jpg
45 KB, 600x600
Why shouldn't a country who is right next to another nuclear armed country ruled by a guy who is convinced he is literally god have nukes?

They pretend that nukes aren't already all over the world. They pretend that Saudi Arabia doesn't have them already or that Israel not only has them but refuses to sign non-proliferation.

Trump said maybe they should have them but if they don't want them he never said "THEY LITERALLY HAVE TO HAVE THEM". Why shouldn't it be up for debate?
>>
>>69956435
Syria was destabilized to prevent Iran from developing nukes
>>
>>69956140
Best korea already has nukes. Thats all that matters
>>
>>69961538
Hydrogen bombs are not nukes, John.
>>
>>69956140
I'll trust the japs with nukes more than any European or middle eastern country
>>
>>69960307
The cockpit

3 ovas from the ww2 era.
1st one is meh
2nd one is not bad
3rd one is not bad.

Could be better.

The song is imposed though.

Asu e no Houkou
>>
>>69956140
As someone who isn't Japanese or Korean, I'd say that we should try to avoid having to let them have nukes. More countries with nukes = higher chance of someone using them - NK isn't not going to nuke SK just because SK has nukes, either. On the other hand, if I were Japanese or Korean I'd want to have a nuclear deterrent that's actually based in my own nation so that if we have to use it, we can use it.
>>
>>69956140

Yes. To have nukes is to be the master of one's own destiny.

And it means that they can forever deter an invasion simply by being too much of a poison pill for Norks or Chinks to invade.
>>
>>69960560
I'm not supportive of sanctions or tarifs against either Japan or Korea. I just want to prevent Chinese aggression in the region and hopefully someday bring about its total and complete destruction.
>>
No one should have nukes. We should all tip fedoras and duel to settle denbts.
>>
>>69962545
But if you want the United States' industry to return back to the United States, instead of just running from China/Mexico to a different country, you will need to put tariffs on pretty much the whole world, except Western Europe and Canada.

And putting tariffs on Japan on its current condition will probably lead it to a recession, which might make Japan resent the United States.
>>
>>69956435
How old are you?
>>
>>69962336
I think the real risk is the fact that saudi arabia, india, pakistan, and now syria have nukes. oh, don't forget that france is one of the largest muslim countries on the planet, and they have nukes. oh,and a nigger has access to america's nukes.

JAPAN's nukes are the least of our problems.

fuck, why SHOULDN'T china nuke us? we gave a monkey the button to the largest nuclear arsenal on the planet

if anything, america is a bigger threat than china or japan.
>>
>>69956140
There is no point for Japan or South Korea to have nukes. It would just increase tensions in East Asia. China has a policy in which they will never use nukes unless they have been nuked. The best option for these two countries would just be to increase military spending.
>>
N2 mines when?
>>
>>69956140
>Should Japan (and Korea) have its own nukes?
Russia is against it and it would end badly.
>>
File: allahsux.gif (1 MB, 294x240) Image search: [Google]
allahsux.gif
1 MB, 294x240
>>69956140
if trumps says so yes

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/emperor-trump
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.