[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the pol verdict on borderline personality disorder?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 6
File: crazy.jpg (97 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
crazy.jpg
97 KB, 400x300
What's the pol verdict on borderline personality disorder?
>>
>>69882357
made up bullshit to justify why women act like women
>>
>>69882611
FPBP
>>
Everyone who has it needs to be prescribed one bullet to the brain.
>>
do not date
do not speak to
keep at least one body length away at all times

follow these 3 simple rules
>>
File: 1455408362464.png (49 KB, 234x285) Image search: [Google]
1455408362464.png
49 KB, 234x285
>>69882357

People who constantly try to uphold delusions to make them happy in the moment, when the delusions are inevitably disrupted they rage at the reality of the situation. They have juvenile coping mechanisms, and choose not to develop emotionally. They will commonly be substance abusers, both anti depressants and cannabis use are common among this personality type.
>>
>>69882611

Yes just to add my previous comment, it is most common within women.
>>
>>69882888
ok england, that was a pretty good summary
>>
Psychology is a pseudo-science, but there's some legitimacy to it.
BPD is nothing more than some traits being classified under a big umbrella term. It shouldn't be taken that seriously. If you are diagnosed with BPD all it means is that you had a certain fucked up upbringing which may be responsible for your shitty personality.
It's just like this entire ''introvert vs extrovert'' bullshit. It's not scientific, but we use these concepts anyway because they're helpful.

There are multiple types of BPD and if someone is diagnosed with that I can sort of predict what kind of a person they are, just like if someone calls themselves an introvert I can predict that they are somewhere from ''I like to spend my free time alone'' to fullblown NEET shut-in. That's all there is to these labels.
>>
Autism is a spectrum, affecting primarily males
Sociopathy is a spectrum, affecting primarily females.
>>
>>69882357
Eh.

I've been diagnosed with it. Am a male. Don't think it controls what decisions I make unless intoxicated.

Sure I feel shitty most days, but that isn't anything mental fortitude overcomes.
>>
>>69882611
/thread
>>
>>69883006
>>69882875

TY, and just to add to your comment. One of the reasons you do not want to associate with these people, is that when bad things happen to them they will often blame external factors to keep up the delusion (very often meaning that you, as a person in their vicinity will be blamed for the consequences of their poor decisions).

As Ayn Rand said......
>>
>>69883072
Also I am fairly sure they don't use the term BPD anymore.
Now it's just Cluster B since there's a huge overlap with sociopathy, narcissism and BPD. It's essentially the same thing, and it's vague as fuck.
>>
>>69882888
>People who constantly try to uphold delusions to make them happy in the moment
Yes
>when the delusions are inevitably disrupted they rage at the reality of the situation
Yes
>They have juvenile coping mechanisms
Yes
>choose not to develop emotionally
Yes
>They will commonly be substance abusers
Yes
>both anti depressants and cannabis use are common among this personality type
And yes

Thread should've ended right here. I know a girl who has "BPD" and she's an absolute basket case. I ain't the most neurotypical shining diamond but I can assure you that there are many different levels of "fucked-up", and this girl is on a whole other level.
>>
My girlfriend has it. She literally breaks down crying hysterically if I don't answer a text from her within 30 minutes. Yesterday she broke down crying because she didn't get to spend the whole day with me alone because I went out with her and my uncle to see Batman v Superman. She begged me to go home with her midway through the movie.

She wears a cat collar 24/7 and wants me to degrade her as a housepet.

Its pretty fucked, desu SENPAI.
>>
>>69882357
Doesn't exist. Some people just don't grow up and should be thought some manners.
>>
>>69883572
So why is she your GF still?
>>
>>69882357
>What's the pol verdict on borderline personality disorder?

Degenerate.
>>
File: therewasanattempt.png (29 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
therewasanattempt.png
29 KB, 480x480
>>69883690
>>
>>69883572
Sounds like a keeper. Better put a ring on it before I beat you to it.
>>
>>69883390
>>69882888
That describes any young woman, period.

This is like if OP asked what narcissism is and someone responded saying it's ''When people put on makeup, take pictures of themselves, obsess over what they wear etc''.
That's not some brilliant comment, that's just stupid.

There's more to it than being a woman.
>>
>>69883390

I think my understanding of this particular issue comes from my mother being kind of like this. She can be really nice, but when she rages, oh man.
>>
>>69882357
As real as fibromyalgia and ADHD
>>
my brothers girlfriend has this. she is an overly sensitive bitch.
>>
>>69883572
If you care about her then cool. If you want her to do shit like lick your ass and get throat fucked you won the jackpot.
>>
I'm on the fence about it.
>>
>>69883810
>That describes any young woman, period.
You've clearly never been around someone with BPD.
>>
>>69882611
Yeah I knew a woman who was supposedly diagnosed with this.

She was just a crazy, selfish, self absorbed, slutty, cunt.
>>
>>69883810
>There's more to it than being a woman.

I never said it is just with females, I have seen men like this also. I would think it is more prevalent among females though for sure. If a man acts like this people will more likely just tell them to fuck off, women can live like this throughout their whole lives with lesser consequences.
>>
>>69882888
Ain't nothing wrong with cannabis you Muslim cock sucking faggot.
>>
>>69884029

Or all the women in Latvia are like this lol. I could certainly see it being more prevalent in certain countries.
>>
>>69883572
Literally my life except dog collar, not cat collar.
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 640x1040) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 640x1040
>>69882611
>causes
>XX
>>
>>69884210

Ha, there certainly can be a problem with cannabis bro. Did either of your parents smoke cannabis? It's not exactly known for helping to maintain an organized life. But don't get me wrong, if you are sensible about it and only do it occasionally, this is not necessarily a problem.
>>
File: 1438181588466.jpg (52 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
1438181588466.jpg
52 KB, 454x453
>>69884210
Get a life
>>
>>69884029
I've been around BPD, aspie.
This post >>69882888 describes what we now consider normal women.
BPD is way worse than that. If you've ever been around BPD people you'd have much more to say than ''uh...I guess they drink a lot, and uh...they have poor coping mechanisms, uh... they have delusions''.
How about idolisation and devaluation, attempted suicide for attention, fears of abandonment that, constant crying over no real reason, personality splitting, psychopathic tendencies etc?
>>
>>69884396
Fuck off pussy.

Neither of my parents used weed while I was growing up. My dad actually warned me about it and told me not to use it ever.

He's a smart man but there's nothing wrong with cannabis use as an adult.

Hippies would be dirty self righteous loser cunts with or without drugs.
>>
>>69884210

Degenerate as fuck
>>
>>69884519
Back to your cuckshed, Mohammad is having a sexual emergency with your daughter you pathetic piece of shit.
>>
>>69884254
I've lived in the UK for 10 years. I am certainty talking about British women.
I've met plenty of brits with BPD and just ''normal'' british women.
>>
>>69884605
You're a disgrace to the flag. Probably a fucking beaner
>>
>>69882357
Kill them
>>
>>69884537

This is just an advanced form of being delusional etc. I could see how if someone really went with it, it could end up with all the fucked up shit you state. Especially if something really bad happened in their life and they cope with it by deluding themselves, when the reality hits them they must blow up. I understand. Its not some problem with their brain like a tumor or something, it is a result of personal choices and traumatic events etc.
>>
>>69884554

Haha, yeah. I am sure your kids will really admire you for being stoned 24/7 and probably dysfunctional. Grow up.
>>
>>69882357
A made-up illness that gives shitty people an excuse for acting shitty.

It's a shitty attempt to justify the narcissism pushed by the media.
>>
>>69884641

Well don't get me wrong, general craziness with women is certainly prevalent here. Whether it is an inherent trait or not.
>>
>>69884810
You are talking completely out of your ass and have it 99% wrong. Just stop. The great thing about anonymous boards is that you can just shut the fuck up when you have no idea and there's no incentive to try and impress people with pseudoscience. You can just walk away.
>>
>>69884537
>being this much of a deluded sympathizer
The Brit was right on the fucking mark, faggot. Don't try to sugarcoat things. Those are literally secondary symptoms whereas the Brit hit on the mark with the underlying features of the disorder.

I deal with similar mental illness shit but I don't act like it's anything more than an impediment for which to overcome.
>>
>>69884810
Most people in general delude themselves in some way and get upset if their delusion is disturbed. It's too vague to be applied to BPD.
There are specific delusions someone with BPD will have. For example, if you are dating someone with BPD and you are late to meet them they will think you abandoned them, they will think you are mocking them, that everyone hates them etc.

And it's not like their delusions could lead them to ''all the fucked up shit you state''. Most people with BPD have attempted suicide or cut themselves. I think it was something like 70% for attempted suicide.
>>
>>69885053

Well, please explain. What I am putting forward is that what is known as 'BPD' is merely

"People who constantly try to uphold delusions to make them happy in the moment, when the delusions are inevitably disrupted they rage at the reality of the situation (which is exacerbated if they went through a traumatic experience)."

If you want to talk about pseudoscience, then talk about people who actually say 'BPD' is a biological disorder. But don't come to me with that snark with out backing it up, you cunt.
>>
>>69883668
Shed probably kill herself if I broke up with her and I like yandere so borderline is probably the closest thing you can find in 3D.
>>
>>69885249

BPD is a personality disorder, it has nothing to do with delusion, you are a simpleton.
>>
>>69884876
I'm a professional, licensed accountant with a full time paying job plus benefits. My kids will be just fine.
>>
>>69885071
He described the majority of young women, idiot.
I am actually not sugarcoating it and trying to shed some light on how fucked up BPD is.
>People who constantly try to uphold delusions to make them happy in the moment
All liberals? All young people? People in general?
> when the delusions are inevitably disrupted they rage at the reality of the situation
Liberals? Muslims? People in general? Who are we talking about here?
>They have juvenile coping mechanisms
People in general? Women? Liberals?
>choose not to develop emotionally
Who are we talking about here?
>substance abusers, both anti depressants and cannabis use are common among this personality type.
Who? Young college kids?

When I say that people with BPD are fucking insane I get called a sympathizer. Maybe if I said people with BPD breathe air I'd be praised for my amazing insight in psychology.
>>
>>69885196
>someone with BPD and you are late to meet them they will think you abandoned them, they will think you are mocking them, that everyone hates them etc.

This may fit the true definition of BPD. What I was describing was based on a different understanding of what it is, I may be wrong.

What I thought BPD was, is someone who can be overly happy one minute (when they are deluded), but then go completely furious/upset (when their delusions are deconstructed and reality sets in).

Wouldn't some kind of paranoid delusions be a more accurate way of describing what you are referring to?
>>
>>69885515
>BPD is a personality disorder, it has nothing to do with delusion, you are a simpleton.

Your characterization of it just being a "personality disorder" is so vague it is almost a joke. And you call me the simpleton. Piss off fgt.
>>
>>69885196
It's not just "vague", he is completely wrong and saying the opposite of what's correct.

For example, most "disorders" like narcissism will "cause" positive delusions to protect the ego from reality; the classic "yeah I only failed that exam because the teacher hates me for being smarter than him".

BPD will cause "negative" delusions like "you only say you love me so you can hurt me all the harder later when you have my trust".
These delusions aren't, as he said, "whatever makes them happy in the moment", they are the opposite.

>>69885249
I replied to the other guy but it should also answer your question of where you're wrong. If you need more, just ask.
>>
>>69885535

Not if the house is filled with pot smoke 24/7. Now if you keep your shit together in terms of the smoking (i.e not around the house and your kids), sure it might be ok.
>>
>>69885567
That is "bipolar", a mistake many people make. And you're only half right about that, too. You're more hating on histrionic narcissists, really.

There may be comorbidity, but it's something else entirely.
>>
>>69885567
It's certainty paranoid delusions. The reason it's called borderline, as far as I know, is because it borders insanity.
People with BPD are borderline schizophrenic.
It's not like BPD people just convince themselves everything is alright and then fly off the handle when they realize it isn't fine. A lot of people do that.
>>
>>69885711
>BPD will cause "negative" delusions like "you only say you love me so you can hurt me all the harder later when you have my trust".
>These delusions aren't, as he said, "whatever makes them happy in the moment", they are the opposite.

Yeah, as I say in this comment >>69885567
>What I thought BPD was, is someone who can be overly happy one minute (when they are deluded), but then go completely furious/upset (when their delusions are deconstructed and reality sets in).

My understanding of BPD may be incorrect, but what I am characterizing is based upon the above definition. When hearing the term 'borderline personality disorder', I assumed it meant someone who is on the borderline of angry/upset one minute and overly happy the next.
>>
>>69885711
What you're saying is true, but you're forgetting about idolisation. I'd say it's a form of positive delusions.

When someone with BPD meets a person they will immediately idolise them and think to themselves ''this person is literally perfect, I will marry them, this is faith that I met this person etc''.
There's also self idolisation and devaluation. One day they will look in the mirror and think they are the most beautiful person in the world (like narcissists), and the next day they will think they look ugly and may end up even cutting up their face in anger.
>>
Borderline personality disorder is a learned dysfunction of behaviour. That's why you don't medicate these people. There is nothing wrong with their brains. The only treatment is psychotherapy. They only get better if they choose to.
>>
>>69885909
>>69885862

Ok yeah I think I have misunderstood the definition of BPD, though I think understanding this type of personality is also useful, though it is a less extreme personality type.
>>
>best friend is dating a chick with bipolar even though i warned him against it
>he was originally head over heels in love with her and got mad when i expressed i didn't think she was right for him, and 2 years later he's starting to sober up and realize she's way too selfish and high maintenance
>this is the 3rd girl he's dated like this
>>
>>69882357

Started dating one 4 years ago. You just gotta let em know you're not going to entertain their BS. They straighten themselves out. Just like every woman they act crazy once in a while. The hardest part is not throwing gas on the fire because sometimes its funny.
>>
>>69883572
DO WANT
>>
>>69886734
No, you don't, Nigel. You really, really don't. This is the woman you're gonna raise a kid with? A psycho who breaks down if you don't reply to a text after 5 minutes?

What kind of fresh hell are you subjecting your kids to? Think for a second, think without your dick for once if you are even capable.
>>
>>69886249
I was merely making that distinction to explain that it's different from the common behaviour of flattering yourself until it all comes down when it faces reality.

But in the end I think we're just putting labels on certain thought patterns that everyone has to some extent.
Almost every disorder is structured around protecting the ego (even the "worthless" ego that borderliners built) - but that's something every single person does.
When they go past a certain threshold we consider them clinical, but they're there long before that.

So in every person, you'll find almost all of these traits and a BPD person will most likely have narcissistic or bipolar episodes too.

>>69886402
I'd generally try to think in compensatory patterns and it will explain almost everything people do in that cluster which can be useful both to not get fucked over and also to have some empathy with people instead of hating them, because they're usually just very tormented souls. It's hard when they're obnoxious about it of course.

>>69886294
Very true, except it's not just a choice but rather hard work that depends on the circumstances too.
>>
>>69885774
You should really be more worried about your daughter getting molested and raped by Ahmad and his crew and the horrific betrayal of 1100 children swept under the rug by your media a d government.

Bin that knife
>>
>>69887009
Who said anything about kids, Ted? Just hot AF

Which would be a refreshing change from the absolute nothingness.
>>
>>69882357

a meme to sell pills like all american "psychiatry"
>>
>>69887678

Well, I can't disagree with you there.
>>
My girlfriend was diagnosed with it last year. They gave her some kind of anti depressants to combat her lows but it isn't working very well.
Any feelings she experiences are amplified by 2x so if she ever feels happy, she's very happy, if she gets sad, she becomes suicidal, if she's horny, she becomes even more of a slut.

She started smoking weed and that apparently seems to keep it in check and I finally convinced her to call up some therapists for treatment last week although none have gotten back to her yet.

It's a little bit stressful for me but I'm gonna see this through. Hoping she doesn't kill herself before she gets cured. I've been with her for 8 years.
>>
>>69887009
My girlfriend and I already agreed to not have children. We plan on raising long-living pets. Pur children would be plagued with a myriad of mental disorders and honestly be cursed just for living.

Plus children are depressing as fuck to have and ruin love.
>>
>>69882357

i have it in the most extreme form and it is pretty shit to live with ,or is it ?
>>
I have nothing to say in this thread.ignore me
>>
>>69888099
>Hoping she doesn't kill herself before she gets cured.
There is no cure, just dump her and move on with your life while you have the chance.
>>
>>69883572

paranoia and abandon issues are one of the major problems of bpd , have not had a gf for 10 years, i am better of alone
>>
>>69888099
>My girlfriend was diagnosed with it last year.

She's just a normal woman you jackass
>>
>>69888669
Hard to do. Apart from the BPD, she's my ideal girlfriend so if they can at least get the suicidal aspect out of her I'm completely fine with everything else I have to deal with.

>>69889083
No shit.
>>
>>69886193

My understanding of BPD may be incorrect, but what I am characterizing is based upon the above definition. When hearing the term 'borderline personality disorder', I assumed it meant someone who is on the borderline of angry/upset one minute and overly happy the next.

That is just one symptom of borderline theres 9 symptoms when you have 5 then you are a borderliner. mood swings does not mean borderline but you have a high chanche then
>>
>>69888099
You're a good guy, don't forget that. Try to keep things in perspective and don't forget about yourself along the way. If I've learned anything from my family member, it's that getting caught up in their emotions doesn't help the situation. Remain very stoic, and talk things out with them as calmly as possible. Create a mental framework from which they can learn to operate on. That's all I've concluded after witnessing this madness for the past five years.
>>
>>69889496
Ya me and her already have an understanding about how she is to be treated during her episodes. I pretty much I pep talk her or give her some motivational speech about how everything will be fine and she usually feels a little better afterwards.
>>
>>69889496
It's perfect advice.

>>69888099
There are pretty good books on the matter that can help. I'd be a bit wary of anyone refusing to get help when they are so bad though or self-medicates with weed.
>>
>>69889781
And then you prepped the bull? What a fucking cuck you are anon
>>
>>69889876
I guarantee this is a manlet
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.